ANNOUNCE: Release 7 of DJGPP port of fileutils 4.1

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hello.

fileutils is a set of file management programs like cp, mv, rm, mkdir. Release
7 of the port of fileutils 4.1 to DJGPP is now available.

This release fixes a problem with "rm" on Windows 2000 and XP. It may have
previously failed, complaining that the inode of a directory had changed. This
error was bogus. The check has been disabled for now, since the inode of
directory is imaginary on DOS and Windows.

If you are using fileutils 4.1, you should upgrade. Otherwise there is no
need.

To use the Fileutils programs, you only need to download the binary
distribution. You may also want to download the documentation distribution, to
get the documentation in HTML, PostScript and DVI formats. If you want to
examine or rebuild the Fileutils sources, you need to download the source
distribution.

The Fileutils port is available here:

ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/fil41b.zip (binaries)
ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/fil41d.zip (docs)
ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/fil41s.zip (sources)

Please read the file gnu/filutil4.1/djgpp/readme.dos in whichever distribution
you download. This contains important instructions on installing and using
Fileutils.

You can also read the readme and changelog files online:

http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/djgpp/fileutils/4.1/djgpp/readme.dos
http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/djgpp/fileutils/4.1/djgpp/changelog.dos

If you encounter any problems with this port, please feel free to contact me
by e-mail (address below). I also try to read the DJGPP newsgroup,
comp.os.msdos.djgpp, on a regular basis.

Regards,

--
Richard Dawe [ http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/ ]

0
Reply rich7846 (36) 8/31/2003 7:40:17 PM

See related articles to this posting

"Richard Dawe" <rich@phekda.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hello.
>
> fileutils is a set of file management programs like cp, mv, rm, mkdir.
Release
> 7 of the port of fileutils 4.1 to DJGPP is now available.

Uh, question ... :-) Since upgrading to this latest fileutils, I see quite a
few failures from 'ln' trying to link objects over directories say:

D:\USR\DJGPP\TMP>ln -s /dev/env/DJDIR/bin/python.exe python2.2.exe
ln: creating symbolic link `python2.2.exe' to
`/dev/env/DJDIR/bin/python.exe': I
mproper link (EXDEV)

This behaviour can sometimes be benificial (like when a Makefile erroniously
tries to link a permanent exe to "./<xyz>.exe", but most of the time it is a
bit of a nuisance...

Are there plans to change this?

Ben

0
Reply bdeck (80) 9/3/2003 12:58:12 PM

Hello.

bdeck wrote:

> "Richard Dawe" <rich@phekda.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Hello.
> >
> > fileutils is a set of file management programs like cp, mv, rm, mkdir.
> Release
> > 7 of the port of fileutils 4.1 to DJGPP is now available.
>
> Uh, question ... :-) Since upgrading to this latest fileutils, I see quite a
> few failures from 'ln' trying to link objects over directories say:
>
> D:\USR\DJGPP\TMP>ln -s /dev/env/DJDIR/bin/python.exe python2.2.exe
> ln: creating symbolic link `python2.2.exe' to
> `/dev/env/DJDIR/bin/python.exe': I
> mproper link (EXDEV)

There shouldn't be any regressions like that.

Have you replaced a 2.04 alpha build of fileutils with fileutils 4.1 release 7
off DJ's site (or mirrors)? fileutils 4.1 release 7 was built with DJGPP 2.03
and hence doesn't support symlinks.

Also, what is the DJGPP environment variable set to?

> This behaviour can sometimes be benificial (like when a Makefile erroniously
> tries to link a permanent exe to "./<xyz>.exe", but most of the time it is a
> bit of a nuisance...
>
> Are there plans to change this?

That depends on the answers to the questions above. ;)

Bye, Rich =]

--
Richard Dawe [ http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/ ]
0
Reply rich7846 (36) 9/4/2003 7:26:15 PM

> Hello.
>
> bdeck wrote:
> >
> > "Richard Dawe" <rich@phekda.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Hello.
> > >
> > > fileutils is a set of file management programs like cp, mv, rm, mkdir.
> > Release
> > > 7 of the port of fileutils 4.1 to DJGPP is now available.
> >
> > Uh, question ... :-) Since upgrading to this latest fileutils, I see
quite a
> > few failures from 'ln' trying to link objects over directories say:
> >
> > D:\USR\DJGPP\TMP>ln -s /dev/env/DJDIR/bin/python.exe python2.2.exe
> > ln: creating symbolic link `python2.2.exe' to
> > `/dev/env/DJDIR/bin/python.exe': I
> > mproper link (EXDEV)
>
> There shouldn't be any regressions like that.
>
> Have you replaced a 2.04 alpha build of fileutils with fileutils 4.1
release 7
> off DJ's site (or mirrors)? fileutils 4.1 release 7 was built with DJGPP
2.03
> and hence doesn't support symlinks.

Drat, that explains it! Maybe the next announcement should clearly explain
which DJGPP version was to used to compile the package..

I wouldn't have upgraded if I had known that it was still built on 2.03. Up
until now I have been using the fileutils from Clio.

Thanks,
Ben

0
Reply bdeck (80) 9/5/2003 10:33:37 PM

Hello.

bdeck wrote:

> "Richard Dawe" <rich@phekda.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
[snip]
> > Have you replaced a 2.04 alpha build of fileutils with fileutils 4.1
> > release 7 off DJ's site (or mirrors)? fileutils 4.1 release 7 was built
> > with DJGPP 2.03 and hence doesn't support symlinks.
>
> Drat, that explains it! Maybe the next announcement should clearly explain
> which DJGPP version was to used to compile the package..

I think the rule is: Unless it says has been built with 2.04, you should
assume it has been built with 2.03. 2.04 is only an alpha release, after all.

Hopefully there won't be another release of 4.1. If there is, I will try to
remember to mention that it was built with 2.03 in the announcement.

> I wouldn't have upgraded if I had known that it was still built on 2.03. Up
> until now I have been using the fileutils from Clio.

Andrew Cottrell will probably rebuild fileutils 4.1 release 7 with DJGPP 2.04
alpha 1 sometime and put it up on Clio. So you should be able to get a version
with the fixes sometime.

Bye, Rich =]

--
Richard Dawe [ http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/ ]
0
Reply rich7846 (36) 9/6/2003 9:28:08 AM

> Hello.
>
> bdeck wrote:
> >
> > "Richard Dawe" <rich@phekda.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> [snip]
> > > Have you replaced a 2.04 alpha build of fileutils with fileutils 4.1
> > > release 7 off DJ's site (or mirrors)? fileutils 4.1 release 7 was
built
> > > with DJGPP 2.03 and hence doesn't support symlinks.
> >
> > Drat, that explains it! Maybe the next announcement should clearly
explain
> > which DJGPP version was to used to compile the package..
>
> I think the rule is: Unless it says has been built with 2.04, you should
> assume it has been built with 2.03. 2.04 is only an alpha release, after
all.

Whose rule is that :-)?

Thanks for the info
Ben

0
Reply bdeck (80) 9/6/2003 10:27:05 PM

Hello.

bdeck wrote:

> "Richard Dawe" <rich@phekda.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
[snip]
> > I think the rule is: Unless it says has been built with 2.04, you should
> > assume it has been built with 2.03. 2.04 is only an alpha release, after
> > all.
>
> Whose rule is that :-)?

Dawe's First Rule of DJGPP Packaging ;)

Regards,

--
Richard Dawe [ http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/ ]
0
Reply rich7846 (36) 9/7/2003 1:19:48 PM

Richard Dawe <rich@phekda.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:<200308312059.h7VKxL613609@delorie.com>...
> Hello.
>
> fileutils is a set of file management programs like cp, mv, rm, mkdir. Release
> 7 of the port of fileutils 4.1 to DJGPP is now available.
>
> This release fixes a problem with "rm" on Windows 2000 and XP. It may have
> previously failed, complaining that the inode of a directory had changed. This
> error was bogus. The check has been disabled for now, since the inode of
> directory is imaginary on DOS and Windows.
>
> If you are using fileutils 4.1, you should upgrade. Otherwise there is no
> need.
>
> To use the Fileutils programs, you only need to download the binary
> distribution. You may also want to download the documentation distribution, to
> get the documentation in HTML, PostScript and DVI formats. If you want to
> examine or rebuild the Fileutils sources, you need to download the source
> distribution.
>
> The Fileutils port is available here:
>
> ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/fil41b.zip (binaries)
> ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/fil41d.zip (docs)
> ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/fil41s.zip (sources)
>
> Please read the file gnu/filutil4.1/djgpp/readme.dos in whichever distribution
> you download. This contains important instructions on installing and using
> Fileutils.
>
> You can also read the readme and changelog files online:
>
> http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/djgpp/fileutils/4.1/djgpp/readme.dos
> http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/djgpp/fileutils/4.1/djgpp/changelog.dos
>
> If you encounter any problems with this port, please feel free to contact me
> by e-mail (address below). I also try to read the DJGPP newsgroup,
> comp.os.msdos.djgpp, on a regular basis.
>
> Regards,

Yes,it's very good.I've successfully bootstrap the gcc323 useing it.Ha
ha ,i am very happy.This several tens days i've tried every
version,but all failed for the symbils in the linstdcxx.a  even the
clio's version with timestamp 7.18 and the 2.04alpha but all failed
for the libstdcxx.a's symbols.I even failed use the 2.03 in the
current directory.I failed bootstrap the gcc322s.zip gcc321s.zip
gcc33s.zip,only the time when I have use the latest filest and the
gcc323b.zip and other 2.03 packages to bootstrap gcc323s.zip lead me
to success.Idon't know whether it is the filxxxb.zip or thr sources of
the gcc's bug.

I like this version.he he ;-)
I wish Andrew saturday's recompile can success and tell me what on
earth it was.
0
Reply AIKO_sex (12) 9/7/2003 7:50:43 PM

Richard Dawe <rich@phekda.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:<200308312059.h7VKxL613609@delorie.com>...
> Hello.
>
> fileutils is a set of file management programs like cp, mv, rm, mkdir. Release
> 7 of the port of fileutils 4.1 to DJGPP is now available.
>
> This release fixes a problem with "rm" on Windows 2000 and XP. It may have
> previously failed, complaining that the inode of a directory had changed. This
> error was bogus. The check has been disabled for now, since the inode of
> directory is imaginary on DOS and Windows.
>
> If you are using fileutils 4.1, you should upgrade. Otherwise there is no
> need.
>
> To use the Fileutils programs, you only need to download the binary
> distribution. You may also want to download the documentation distribution, to
> get the documentation in HTML, PostScript and DVI formats. If you want to
> examine or rebuild the Fileutils sources, you need to download the source
> distribution.
>
> The Fileutils port is available here:
>
> ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/fil41b.zip (binaries)
> ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/fil41d.zip (docs)
> ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/fil41s.zip (sources)
>
> Please read the file gnu/filutil4.1/djgpp/readme.dos in whichever distribution
> you download. This contains important instructions on installing and using
> Fileutils.
>
> You can also read the readme and changelog files online:
>
> http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/djgpp/fileutils/4.1/djgpp/readme.dos
> http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/djgpp/fileutils/4.1/djgpp/changelog.dos
>
> If you encounter any problems with this port, please feel free to contact me
> by e-mail (address below). I also try to read the DJGPP newsgroup,
> comp.os.msdos.djgpp, on a regular basis.
>
> Regards,

What about the djgpp 2.04 ,if there is such oldest  version  for it?
0
Reply AIKO_sex (12) 9/7/2003 8:17:00 PM

F:\gcc5\gnu\build.gcc>more errors
Applying ctrl_quotes_def          to libc/ttyprvt.h
Applying limits_ifndefs           to limits.h
Applying undefine_null            to locale.h
Fixed:  locale.h
Applying sun_malloc               to malloc.h
Applying math_exception           to math.h
Applying math_huge_val_ifndef     to math.h
Fixed:  math.h
Applying gnu_types                to stddef.h
Applying undefine_null            to stddef.h
Fixed:  stddef.h
Applying stdio_stdarg_h           to stdio.h
Fixed:  stdio.h
Applying sysv68_string            to string.h
Applying djgpp_wchar_h            to sys/djtypes.h
Applying io_quotes_def            to sys/ioctl.h
Applying djgpp_wchar_h            to wchar.h
Fixed:  wchar.h

This is my erros file redirect from the "sh djmake.sh bootstrap
2>errors
it stopped just at fix the last include and without erros.

I useed the lasted fil41b.zip gcc323bzip and other packages in the
current
 versions.I bootstrap the gcc323s.zip and gcc33s.zip in the
windows2000 server cmd box.They all stop with the same as above.even
run "sh djmake.sh bootstrap" again and again,they can't continue.
0
Reply AIKO_sex (12) 9/7/2003 11:40:35 PM

> From: AIKO_sex@hotmail.com (mike)
> Newsgroups: comp.os.msdos.djgpp
> Date: 7 Sep 2003 16:40:35 -0700
>
> Fixed:  stdio.h
> Applying sysv68_string            to string.h
> Applying djgpp_wchar_h            to sys/djtypes.h
> Applying io_quotes_def            to sys/ioctl.h
> Applying djgpp_wchar_h            to wchar.h
> Fixed:  wchar.h
>
> This is my erros file redirect from the "sh djmake.sh bootstrap
> 2>errors
> it stopped just at fix the last include and without erros.

These are not errors, they are normal messages from the fixincludes
stage, where the system headers are ``fixed'' (ours should already be
fixed, so it's mostly a no-op).  The messages are printed to stderr,
that's why you see them in the errors file.

> I useed the lasted fil41b.zip gcc323bzip and other packages in the
> current
>  versions.I bootstrap the gcc323s.zip and gcc33s.zip in the
> windows2000 server cmd box.They all stop with the same as above.even
> run "sh djmake.sh bootstrap" again and again,they can't continue.

Something else prevents the bootstrap from continuing, the above is
not the reason.  Sorry, I don't know what is the real reason.

0
Reply eliz1 (168) 9/8/2003 5:53:51 AM
comp.os.msdos.djgpp 2910 articles. 0 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of GCC-4.7.1
This is announcement of DJGPP port of GCC-4.7.1 GCC used to stand for the GNU C Compiler, but since the compiler supports several other languages aside from C, it now stands for the GNU Compiler Collection. Warning: DJGPP port of binutils-2.17 or newer is required. It is however recommended to use binutils-2.22 or newer Use of DJGPP port of binutils-2.22 or newer is required for building gcc-4.7.1 from sources for DJGPP. ======================================= Build for current stable version of DJGPP (djdev203 patchlevel 2) is available from: f...

ANNOUNCE: release 4 of the DJGPP port of Splint 3.1.2
This is release 4 of the port of Splint 3.1.2 to MSDOS/DJGPP. Splint is a tool for statically checking C programs for security vulnerabilities and coding mistakes. DJGPP specific changes. ======================= This is hopefully the last release of this port that defines the final state of the porting patch of the splint program that will be submitted to the splint maintainers. The most important but not user visible difference is the writing from scratch of the DOS/DJGPP path style support for splint. The supported path syntax is restricted to the use - of mi...

ANNOUNCE: release 2 of DJGPP port of mktemp 1.7 uploaded.
This is release 2 of the port of mktemp 1.7 to MSDOS/DJGPP. Mktemp is a simple utility designed to make temporary file handling in shells scripts be safe and simple. It is compatible with the one that comes with coreutils. Because a port of GNU coreutils is not available but certain test suites require a mktemp program to create their temporary output files this tool has been ported. If the "-t" flag is used or implied then only the TMPDIR environment variable will be evaluated to determinate where the temporary file or directory shall be stored. Ne...

ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port (release 2) of GNU Texinfo 4.7
This is a port of GNU Texinfo 4.7 to MSDOS/DJGPP (release 2). This is a djgpp specific bug fix release of the previous release of txi47[bds].zip, so it is seriously suggested to update. Due to a bug in the popen() and pclose() functions of beta djdev204, the info binary is not able to process compressed info files. This bug in popen() and pclose() has been fixed, so the sources can be compiled now with beta djdev204, available at ftp.delorie.com, to get working WinXP binaries. DJGPP specific changes. ======================= - djdev203 specific: No changes since th...

ANNOUNCE: release 2 of the DJGPP port of GNU debugger (GDB) 7.4 uploaded.
This is release 2 of the port of GNU debugger (GDB) 7.4 to MSDOS/DJGPP. GDB is a source-level debugger for C, C++, Pascal, Objective-C and many other languages. GDB can target (i.e., debug programs running on) more than a dozen different processor architectures, and GDB itself can run on most popular GNU/Linux, Unix and Microsoft Windows variants. DJGPP specific changes. ======================= - This release has only the purpose to keep the used BFD library by GDB in sync with the changes done to the BFD library of binutils 2.22. There are no other changes to the so...

ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port (release 3) of GNU Sed 4.1.2 uploaded
This is a port of GNU Sed 4.1.2 to MSDOS/DJGPP (release 3). This is a djgpp specific bug fix release of the previous release of sed412[bds].zip, so it is seriously suggested to update. Due to a bug in the popen() and pclose() functions of djdev204, the e (evalute) command had to be disable in the previous release of this port. This bug has been fixed, so the sources can be compiled with stock djdev203 or with beta djdev204 available@ftp.delorie.com. DJGPP specific changes. ======================= - djdev203 specific: No changes since the last release. Please not...

Re: ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port (release 3) of GNU Sed 4.1.2 uploaded
Quoting Juan Manuel Guerrero <st001906@hrz1.hrz.tu-darmstadt.de>: > In conclusion, to rebuild the sed binary with djdev204 to get a > binary > useful for WinXP run the following commands from the top > srcdir (sed-4.1-2): > rm djgpp/config.cache > djgpp\xp-config.bat > make > make check > make install Following these steps resulted in a successful build of Sed 4.1.3 which passed all 52 tests. Great work! Thanks, Frank ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This mail was sent through Wi...

ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of GCC-4.4.1
This is announcement of DJGPP port of GCC-4.4.1 GCC used to stand for the GNU C Compiler, but since the compiler supports several other languages aside from C, it now stands for the GNU Compiler Collection. Warning: DJGPP port of binutils-2.16 or newer is required. ======================================= Build for current stable version of DJGPP (djdev203 patchlevel 2) is available from: ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/ and mirror sites (see http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/getting.html) ada441b.zip GNU Ada compiler 4.4.1 for DJGPP V2 ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/...

ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of lib PNG 1.4.4 uploaded.
This is a port of lib PNG 1.4.4 to MSDOS/DJGPP. DJGPP specific changes. ======================= The sources require to compile snprintf, so I have taken the appropriate files from djgpp CVS source tree. This is the only change to the sources. Apart from this change only the usual files needed for configuration with djgpp have been added. That files are stored in the /djgpp directory. To configure the package you will have to install the zlib port available at ftp.delorie.com and mirrors as: ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2tk/zlib125b.zip or: ftp://ftp....

ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of GNU Sed 4.1.1 uploaded
This is a port of GNU Sed 4.1.1 to MSDOS/DJGPP. sed is a stream editor. A stream editor is used to perform basic text transformations on an input stream (a file or input from a pipeline). While in some ways similar to an editor which permits scripted edits (such as ed), sed works by making only one pass over the input(s), and is consequently more efficient. But it is sed's ability to filter text in a pipeline which particularly distinguishes it from other types of editors. Please, read carefully the NEWS file to see the user visible changes and read the info or html ...

ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of GNU Sed 4.1.4 uploaded
This is a port of GNU Sed 4.1.4 to MSDOS/DJGPP. sed is a stream editor. A stream editor is used to perform basic text transformations on an input stream (a file or input from a pipeline). While in some ways similar to an editor which permits scripted edits (such as ed), sed works by making only one pass over the input(s), and is consequently more efficient. But it is sed's ability to filter text in a pipeline which particularly distinguishes it from other types of editors. Please, read carefully the NEWS file to see the user visible changes and read the info or html do...

ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of GNU libmatheval 1.1.7 uploaded
This is a port of GNU libmatheval 1.1.7 to MSDOS/DJGPP. GNU libmatheval is a library which contains several procedures that make it possible to create an in-memory tree from the string representation of a mathematical function over single or multiple variables. This tree can be used later to evaluate a function for specified variable values, to create a corresponding tree for the function derivative over a specified variable, or to write a textual tree representation to a specified string. The library exposes C and Fortran 77 interfaces. DJGPP specific changes. =========...

ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of GNU m4 1.4.4 uploaded.
This is a port of GNU m4 1.4.4 to MSDOS/DJGPP. DJGPP specific changes. ======================= - There are no DJGPP specific changes compared with the previous port. - The distributed source package has been configured for stock djdev203. If you want to compile the sources using djdev204 you will need to recon- figure the packages deleting the file /djgpp/config.cache and running the command /djgpp/xp-config.bat. This batch file will take care that the distributed popen.c from the cvs tree is used for producing the binary instead of the brocken one from libc.a in...

ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of GCC-4.8.1 (DJGPP v2.04 only)
This is announcement of DJGPP port of GCC-4.8.1 GCC used to stand for the GNU C Compiler, but since the compiler supports several other languages aside from C, it now stands for the GNU Compiler Collection. ********************************************************************** * WARNING: only port for DJGPP 2.04 development versions is provided * * DO NOT use it with DJGPP v2.03 * ********************************************************************** Warning: DJGPP port of binutils-2.22 or newer is recommended. Version 2.19 and 2.2...

Re: ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of GNU libmatheval 1.1.0 uploaded #4
Quoting DJ Delorie <dj@delorie.com>: > I just tried "set" in XP's command.com and it works just fine. > > Perhaps your configuration doesn't have enough room for new > environment variables? That's exactly what these tests are > testing. > The change in command.com is stable. It is now working as it should. The environmental memory setting is back at its default value, auto. There is no reason for my alert. My guess is that probing command.com to determine what help it could provide about its own capabilities reset some internal flag. I ha...

ANNOUNCE: release 2 of the DJGPP port of library JasPer 1.900.1 uploaded.
This is release 2 of the port of JasPer 1.900.1 to MSDOS/DJGPP. JasPer is a collection of software (i.e., a library and application programs) for the coding and manipulation of images. This software can handle image data in a variety of formats. One such format supported by JasPer is the JPEG-2000 format defined in ISO/IEC 15444-1. DJGPP specific changes. ======================= The release of this port fixes bugs reported at debian if they are djgpp specific too. The debian patch that has been adapted for this release of the djgpp port fixes segfaults due to heap cor...

ANNOUNCE: Update of DJGPP port of GCC-4.8.1 (DJGPP v2.04 only)
This is announcement of updated version DJGPP port of GCC-4.8.1 GCC used to stand for the GNU C Compiler, but since the compiler supports several other languages aside from C, it now stands for the GNU Compiler Collection. Only user visible change in this version is using DWARF2 debugging info by default. ********************************************************************** * WARNING: only port for DJGPP 2.04 development versions is provided * ********************************************************************** Warning: DJGPP port of binutils-2.22 or newer is recommended....

ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of GMP-4.3.1
This is announcement of DJGPP port of GMP-4.3.1 What is GMP (fragment from GMP documentation) =============================================== GNU MP is a portable library written in C for arbitrary precision arithmetic on integers, rational numbers, and floating-point numbers. It aims to provide the fastest possible arithmetic for all applications that need higher precision than is directly supported by the basic C types. See http://gmplib.org/ for more details. GMP is distributed under the GNU LGPL. This license makes the library free to use, share, and improve, and allows y...

ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of GCC-4.6.1
This is announcement of DJGPP port of GCC-4.6.1 GCC used to stand for the GNU C Compiler, but since the compiler supports several other languages aside from C, it now stands for the GNU Compiler Collection. Warning: DJGPP port of binutils-2.17 or newer is required. ======================================= Build for current stable version of DJGPP (djdev203 patchlevel 2) is available from: ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/ and mirror sites (see http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/getting.html) ada461b.zip GNU Ada compiler 4.6.1 for DJGPP V2 (NOTE: contains 1 file name co...

ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of GNU Texinfo 4.7
This is a port of GNU Texinfo 4.7 to MSDOS/DJGPP. The binaries, docs and surces can be downloaded from ftp.delorie.com as: <ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/txi47b.zip> <ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/txi47d.zip> <ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/txi47s.zip> Texinfo is a package for writing documentation, with tools to produce the on-line and printed docs in several formats. Most GNU packages come with their docs written and produced by Texinfo programs. The docs written as part of the DJGPP project also u...

ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of mktemp 1.7 uploaded.
This is a port of mktemp 1.7 to MSDOS/DJGPP. Mktemp is a simple utility designed to make temporary file handling in shells scripts be safe and simple. It is compatible with the one that comes with coreutils. Because a port of GNU coreutils is not available but certain test suites require a mktemp program to create their temporary output files this tool has been ported. DJGPP specific changes. ======================= - The default template pattern that is used to create the default file name is chosen at run time depending on if LFN support is available or not. ...

ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of GCC-4.1.0
This is announcement of DJGPP port of GCC-4.1.0 GCC used to stand for the GNU C Compiler, but since the compiler supports several other languages aside from C, it now stands for the GNU Compiler Collection. Warning: DJGPP port of binutils-2.16 or newer is required ======================================= Build for current stable version of DJGPP (djdev203 patchlevel 2) is available from: ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/ and mirror sites (see http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/getting.html) ada410b.zip GNU Ada compiler 4.1.0 for DJGPP V2 ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/curre...

ANNOUNCE: Leo 4.7 beta 1 released
Leo 4.7 beta 1 is now available at: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3458&package_id=29106 Leo is a text editor, data organizer, project manager and much more. See: http://webpages.charter.net/edreamleo/intro.html This version of Leo is labeled a beta version because it contains some new, relatively untested plugins. However, Leo's core should be quite reliable. In particular, Leo 4.7 beta 1 fixes a bug that caused Leo 4.6 releases to crash if .leoID.txt did not exist. Usually this file does exist, but Leo will prompt for the contents of this file (a user id)...

ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of msmtp 1.4.6
Msmtp is an SMTP client. Its homepage is http://msmtp.sourceforge.net/ . Version 1.4.6 was released on 2006-06-18. Binaries based on DJGPP are available from the SourceForge project page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/msmtp/ . These binaries use the Watt32 networking library from http://www.bgnett.no/~giva/ . Features include: - Sendmail compatible interface (command line options and exit codes) - Many authentication methods - DSN (Delivery Status Notification) support - RMQS (Remote Message Queue Starting) support (ETRN keyword) - PIPELINING support for increased transmission speed - IP...