ANNOUNCE: Release 7 of DJGPP port of fileutils 4.1

Hello.

fileutils is a set of file management programs like cp, mv, rm, mkdir. Release
7 of the port of fileutils 4.1 to DJGPP is now available.

This release fixes a problem with "rm" on Windows 2000 and XP. It may have
previously failed, complaining that the inode of a directory had changed. This
error was bogus. The check has been disabled for now, since the inode of
directory is imaginary on DOS and Windows.

If you are using fileutils 4.1, you should upgrade. Otherwise there is no
need.

To use the Fileutils programs, you only need to download the binary
distribution. You may also want to download the documentation distribution, to
get the documentation in HTML, PostScript and DVI formats. If you want to
examine or rebuild the Fileutils sources, you need to download the source
distribution.

The Fileutils port is available here:

ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/fil41b.zip (binaries)
ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/fil41d.zip (docs)
ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/fil41s.zip (sources)

Please read the file gnu/filutil4.1/djgpp/readme.dos in whichever distribution
you download. This contains important instructions on installing and using
Fileutils.

You can also read the readme and changelog files online:

http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/djgpp/fileutils/4.1/djgpp/readme.dos
http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/djgpp/fileutils/4.1/djgpp/changelog.dos

If you encounter any problems with this port, please feel free to contact me
by e-mail (address below). I also try to read the DJGPP newsgroup,
comp.os.msdos.djgpp, on a regular basis.

Regards,

--
Richard Dawe [ http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/ ]

0
rich7846 (36)
8/31/2003 7:40:17 PM
comp.os.msdos.djgpp 3101 articles. 1 followers. tigrepotrazosalvaje (34) is leader. Post Follow

"Richard Dawe" <rich@phekda.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hello.
>
> fileutils is a set of file management programs like cp, mv, rm, mkdir.
Release
> 7 of the port of fileutils 4.1 to DJGPP is now available.

Uh, question ... :-) Since upgrading to this latest fileutils, I see quite a
few failures from 'ln' trying to link objects over directories say:

D:\USR\DJGPP\TMP>ln -s /dev/env/DJDIR/bin/python.exe python2.2.exe
ln: creating symbolic link `python2.2.exe' to
`/dev/env/DJDIR/bin/python.exe': I
mproper link (EXDEV)

This behaviour can sometimes be benificial (like when a Makefile erroniously
tries to link a permanent exe to "./<xyz>.exe", but most of the time it is a
bit of a nuisance...

Are there plans to change this?

Ben

0
bdeck (80)
9/3/2003 12:58:12 PM
Hello.

bdeck wrote:

> "Richard Dawe" <rich@phekda.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Hello.
> >
> > fileutils is a set of file management programs like cp, mv, rm, mkdir.
> Release
> > 7 of the port of fileutils 4.1 to DJGPP is now available.
>
> Uh, question ... :-) Since upgrading to this latest fileutils, I see quite a
> few failures from 'ln' trying to link objects over directories say:
>
> D:\USR\DJGPP\TMP>ln -s /dev/env/DJDIR/bin/python.exe python2.2.exe
> ln: creating symbolic link `python2.2.exe' to
> `/dev/env/DJDIR/bin/python.exe': I
> mproper link (EXDEV)

There shouldn't be any regressions like that.

Have you replaced a 2.04 alpha build of fileutils with fileutils 4.1 release 7
off DJ's site (or mirrors)? fileutils 4.1 release 7 was built with DJGPP 2.03
and hence doesn't support symlinks.

Also, what is the DJGPP environment variable set to?

> This behaviour can sometimes be benificial (like when a Makefile erroniously
> tries to link a permanent exe to "./<xyz>.exe", but most of the time it is a
> bit of a nuisance...
>
> Are there plans to change this?

That depends on the answers to the questions above. ;)

Bye, Rich =]

--
Richard Dawe [ http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/ ]
0
rich7846 (36)
9/4/2003 7:26:15 PM
> Hello.
>
> bdeck wrote:
> >
> > "Richard Dawe" <rich@phekda.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Hello.
> > >
> > > fileutils is a set of file management programs like cp, mv, rm, mkdir.
> > Release
> > > 7 of the port of fileutils 4.1 to DJGPP is now available.
> >
> > Uh, question ... :-) Since upgrading to this latest fileutils, I see
quite a
> > few failures from 'ln' trying to link objects over directories say:
> >
> > D:\USR\DJGPP\TMP>ln -s /dev/env/DJDIR/bin/python.exe python2.2.exe
> > ln: creating symbolic link `python2.2.exe' to
> > `/dev/env/DJDIR/bin/python.exe': I
> > mproper link (EXDEV)
>
> There shouldn't be any regressions like that.
>
> Have you replaced a 2.04 alpha build of fileutils with fileutils 4.1
release 7
> off DJ's site (or mirrors)? fileutils 4.1 release 7 was built with DJGPP
2.03
> and hence doesn't support symlinks.

Drat, that explains it! Maybe the next announcement should clearly explain
which DJGPP version was to used to compile the package..

I wouldn't have upgraded if I had known that it was still built on 2.03. Up
until now I have been using the fileutils from Clio.

Thanks,
Ben

0
bdeck (80)
9/5/2003 10:33:37 PM
Hello.

bdeck wrote:

> "Richard Dawe" <rich@phekda.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
[snip]
> > Have you replaced a 2.04 alpha build of fileutils with fileutils 4.1
> > release 7 off DJ's site (or mirrors)? fileutils 4.1 release 7 was built
> > with DJGPP 2.03 and hence doesn't support symlinks.
>
> Drat, that explains it! Maybe the next announcement should clearly explain
> which DJGPP version was to used to compile the package..

I think the rule is: Unless it says has been built with 2.04, you should
assume it has been built with 2.03. 2.04 is only an alpha release, after all.

Hopefully there won't be another release of 4.1. If there is, I will try to
remember to mention that it was built with 2.03 in the announcement.

> I wouldn't have upgraded if I had known that it was still built on 2.03. Up
> until now I have been using the fileutils from Clio.

Andrew Cottrell will probably rebuild fileutils 4.1 release 7 with DJGPP 2.04
alpha 1 sometime and put it up on Clio. So you should be able to get a version
with the fixes sometime.

Bye, Rich =]

--
Richard Dawe [ http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/ ]
0
rich7846 (36)
9/6/2003 9:28:08 AM
> Hello.
>
> bdeck wrote:
> >
> > "Richard Dawe" <rich@phekda.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> [snip]
> > > Have you replaced a 2.04 alpha build of fileutils with fileutils 4.1
> > > release 7 off DJ's site (or mirrors)? fileutils 4.1 release 7 was
built
> > > with DJGPP 2.03 and hence doesn't support symlinks.
> >
> > Drat, that explains it! Maybe the next announcement should clearly
explain
> > which DJGPP version was to used to compile the package..
>
> I think the rule is: Unless it says has been built with 2.04, you should
> assume it has been built with 2.03. 2.04 is only an alpha release, after
all.

Whose rule is that :-)?

Thanks for the info
Ben

0
bdeck (80)
9/6/2003 10:27:05 PM
Hello.

bdeck wrote:

> "Richard Dawe" <rich@phekda.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
[snip]
> > I think the rule is: Unless it says has been built with 2.04, you should
> > assume it has been built with 2.03. 2.04 is only an alpha release, after
> > all.
>
> Whose rule is that :-)?

Dawe's First Rule of DJGPP Packaging ;)

Regards,

--
Richard Dawe [ http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/ ]
0
rich7846 (36)
9/7/2003 1:19:48 PM
Richard Dawe <rich@phekda.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:<200308312059.h7VKxL613609@delorie.com>...
> Hello.
>
> fileutils is a set of file management programs like cp, mv, rm, mkdir. Release
> 7 of the port of fileutils 4.1 to DJGPP is now available.
>
> This release fixes a problem with "rm" on Windows 2000 and XP. It may have
> previously failed, complaining that the inode of a directory had changed. This
> error was bogus. The check has been disabled for now, since the inode of
> directory is imaginary on DOS and Windows.
>
> If you are using fileutils 4.1, you should upgrade. Otherwise there is no
> need.
>
> To use the Fileutils programs, you only need to download the binary
> distribution. You may also want to download the documentation distribution, to
> get the documentation in HTML, PostScript and DVI formats. If you want to
> examine or rebuild the Fileutils sources, you need to download the source
> distribution.
>
> The Fileutils port is available here:
>
> ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/fil41b.zip (binaries)
> ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/fil41d.zip (docs)
> ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/fil41s.zip (sources)
>
> Please read the file gnu/filutil4.1/djgpp/readme.dos in whichever distribution
> you download. This contains important instructions on installing and using
> Fileutils.
>
> You can also read the readme and changelog files online:
>
> http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/djgpp/fileutils/4.1/djgpp/readme.dos
> http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/djgpp/fileutils/4.1/djgpp/changelog.dos
>
> If you encounter any problems with this port, please feel free to contact me
> by e-mail (address below). I also try to read the DJGPP newsgroup,
> comp.os.msdos.djgpp, on a regular basis.
>
> Regards,

Yes,it's very good.I've successfully bootstrap the gcc323 useing it.Ha
ha ,i am very happy.This several tens days i've tried every
version,but all failed for the symbils in the linstdcxx.a  even the
clio's version with timestamp 7.18 and the 2.04alpha but all failed
for the libstdcxx.a's symbols.I even failed use the 2.03 in the
current directory.I failed bootstrap the gcc322s.zip gcc321s.zip
gcc33s.zip,only the time when I have use the latest filest and the
gcc323b.zip and other 2.03 packages to bootstrap gcc323s.zip lead me
to success.Idon't know whether it is the filxxxb.zip or thr sources of
the gcc's bug.

I like this version.he he ;-)
I wish Andrew saturday's recompile can success and tell me what on
earth it was.
0
AIKO_sex (12)
9/7/2003 7:50:43 PM
Richard Dawe <rich@phekda.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:<200308312059.h7VKxL613609@delorie.com>...
> Hello.
>
> fileutils is a set of file management programs like cp, mv, rm, mkdir. Release
> 7 of the port of fileutils 4.1 to DJGPP is now available.
>
> This release fixes a problem with "rm" on Windows 2000 and XP. It may have
> previously failed, complaining that the inode of a directory had changed. This
> error was bogus. The check has been disabled for now, since the inode of
> directory is imaginary on DOS and Windows.
>
> If you are using fileutils 4.1, you should upgrade. Otherwise there is no
> need.
>
> To use the Fileutils programs, you only need to download the binary
> distribution. You may also want to download the documentation distribution, to
> get the documentation in HTML, PostScript and DVI formats. If you want to
> examine or rebuild the Fileutils sources, you need to download the source
> distribution.
>
> The Fileutils port is available here:
>
> ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/fil41b.zip (binaries)
> ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/fil41d.zip (docs)
> ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/fil41s.zip (sources)
>
> Please read the file gnu/filutil4.1/djgpp/readme.dos in whichever distribution
> you download. This contains important instructions on installing and using
> Fileutils.
>
> You can also read the readme and changelog files online:
>
> http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/djgpp/fileutils/4.1/djgpp/readme.dos
> http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/djgpp/fileutils/4.1/djgpp/changelog.dos
>
> If you encounter any problems with this port, please feel free to contact me
> by e-mail (address below). I also try to read the DJGPP newsgroup,
> comp.os.msdos.djgpp, on a regular basis.
>
> Regards,

What about the djgpp 2.04 ,if there is such oldest  version  for it?
0
AIKO_sex (12)
9/7/2003 8:17:00 PM
F:\gcc5\gnu\build.gcc>more errors
Applying ctrl_quotes_def          to libc/ttyprvt.h
Applying limits_ifndefs           to limits.h
Applying undefine_null            to locale.h
Fixed:  locale.h
Applying sun_malloc               to malloc.h
Applying math_exception           to math.h
Applying math_huge_val_ifndef     to math.h
Fixed:  math.h
Applying gnu_types                to stddef.h
Applying undefine_null            to stddef.h
Fixed:  stddef.h
Applying stdio_stdarg_h           to stdio.h
Fixed:  stdio.h
Applying sysv68_string            to string.h
Applying djgpp_wchar_h            to sys/djtypes.h
Applying io_quotes_def            to sys/ioctl.h
Applying djgpp_wchar_h            to wchar.h
Fixed:  wchar.h

This is my erros file redirect from the "sh djmake.sh bootstrap
2>errors
it stopped just at fix the last include and without erros.

I useed the lasted fil41b.zip gcc323bzip and other packages in the
current
 versions.I bootstrap the gcc323s.zip and gcc33s.zip in the
windows2000 server cmd box.They all stop with the same as above.even
run "sh djmake.sh bootstrap" again and again,they can't continue.
0
AIKO_sex (12)
9/7/2003 11:40:35 PM
> From: AIKO_sex@hotmail.com (mike)
> Newsgroups: comp.os.msdos.djgpp
> Date: 7 Sep 2003 16:40:35 -0700
>
> Fixed:  stdio.h
> Applying sysv68_string            to string.h
> Applying djgpp_wchar_h            to sys/djtypes.h
> Applying io_quotes_def            to sys/ioctl.h
> Applying djgpp_wchar_h            to wchar.h
> Fixed:  wchar.h
>
> This is my erros file redirect from the "sh djmake.sh bootstrap
> 2>errors
> it stopped just at fix the last include and without erros.

These are not errors, they are normal messages from the fixincludes
stage, where the system headers are ``fixed'' (ours should already be
fixed, so it's mostly a no-op).  The messages are printed to stderr,
that's why you see them in the errors file.

> I useed the lasted fil41b.zip gcc323bzip and other packages in the
> current
>  versions.I bootstrap the gcc323s.zip and gcc33s.zip in the
> windows2000 server cmd box.They all stop with the same as above.even
> run "sh djmake.sh bootstrap" again and again,they can't continue.

Something else prevents the bootstrap from continuing, the above is
not the reason.  Sorry, I don't know what is the real reason.

0
eliz1 (168)

OT49+ and Filer5 for HP49+ released
What is new? The BZ-tools in OT49+ had to be reprogrammed and are presently the only perfectly running BZ-tools on the HP49+. Clearly, much much faster now. Decompression of very large BZ-strings isn't noticable anymore. Also the togglers had to be reprogrammed since the Header needs extra treatment. It does not belong to HARDBUFF anymore. Filer5 allows HOME archiving and restoring in a choose box on key SPC also on/from SDcards, port names stamped with Date and Time (only day and month in SDcards since these do presently not accept long names. - Wolfgang ftp://ftp.math.fu-berlin.de/pub/...

ANN: SciPy 0.3 Released
Greetings, SciPy 0.3 has been released and binaries are available from the scipy.org site. http://www.scipy.org Changes since the 0.1 version (0.1 enjoyed a wide release, there was a version 0.2 that had limited exposure) include the following: - general improvements: Added utility functions for constructing arrays by concatenation, intended mainly for command-line use. Added bmat constructor for easy creation of block matrices. Added mat constructor for constructing matrices (where * is matrix multiplication). Added many PIL utility functions so that if the PIL is ins...

anybody please send me a copy of "netpbm-10.6-1-bin.zip" for GNUWIN32 on windows?
Dear all, I want to install Latex2html, but today the "netpbm-10.6-1-bin.zip" could not be download from sourceforge website. I don't know why... I tried many times but failed. Without that file the Latex2html does not install. Can anybody send me a copy of that file? Thanks a lot, -Walala ...

Nforce for Intel announced
AnandTech News: NVIDIA nForce 4 SLI Redefines Digital Media Experience on Intel-Based PCs http://www.anandtech.com/news/shownews.aspx?i=24057 Interesting note, the Nforce 4 SLI for Intel has one more feature than the original Nforce 4 for AMD, which is a bootable RAID5 feature. NVIDIA nForce4 http://www.nvidia.com/page/nforce4_family.html Yousuf Khan YKhan <yjkhan@gmail.com> wrote: >AnandTech News: NVIDIA nForce 4 SLI Redefines Digital Media Experience >on Intel-Based PCs >http://www.anandtech.com/news/shownews.aspx?i=24057 > >Interesting note, the Nforce 4 SLI fo...

Re: How to selectively change formats with PROC REPORT #7
I use PROC REPORT all the time, and have produced some complex reports, but this was new to me, and I can't say that I could have come up with that solution. On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 12:24:47 -0400, "Lane, Jim" <jim.lane@RBC.COM> said: > Well, don't that just beat all! Thank you very much for this, it works > perfectly. > > Not that it matters to the solution but.... is it just me or does this > make absolutely no sense? In all the decades I've been working with SAS > there are still things about it that I just don't get. > > -Jim > > ...

[TCPP-announce] IEEE TCPP Monthly Announcements, February 2005
IEEE TCPP Monthly Announcements, February 2005: A. UPCOMING EVENTS ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [Conferences past submission deadline] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ 1.HPCRI 2005, 1st Workshop on High Performance Computing Reliability Issues *To be held in conjunction with The 11th International Symposium on High Performance Computer Architecture (HPCA-11) (http://www.hpcaconf.org/hpca11/) *February 12-16, 2005 / Palace Hotel, San Francisco *Available at http://www.hpcaconf.org/hpca11/workshops/HPCRI/HPC...

ANNOUNCE: GIMP 2.0.2 (fwd)
---------- Forwarded message ---------- Hi, GIMP version 2.0.2 is now available from ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/v2.0/. Please use one of the mirrors listed at http://www.gimp.org/downloads/#mirrors This is a bug-fix release in the stable 2.0 series. Quite some bugs have been fixed so an update is highly recommened. Here's a detailed list of improvements: - several build fixes (#140115, #142907, #143069) - allow plug-ins to register menu entries from within init() (#139969) - fixed focus issues with tool dialogs (#139349) - allow to load grayscale TGA file...

JRuby 1.0.0RC3 Released!
The JRuby community is pleased to announce the release of JRuby 1.0.0RC3. Homepage: http://www.jruby.org/ Download: http://dist.codehaus.org/jruby/ This will likely be our final release candidate before our 1.0 release. People are encouraged to try out this release to help us find any remaining show stopper issues. We have spent a lot of time over the last month squashing compatibility bugs and we have confidence that applications 'will just work' (tm)*. Please try your applications and libraries against JRuby and give us feedback. In the last month we have had a record numbe...

Re: Blinding the code of macro #7
David, As usual, very well put. I agree completely with all of your points. In fact, I was about to post a sample that showed how to see the various snippets of SAS code inside a compiled macro as well as inside a compile SCL entry with "no source." But I hesitated because I was not sure I wanted to expose some of those tricks :-). In both the case of compiled macros and compiled, "sourceless" SCL code, any number of the folks on this list could likely figure out the bulk of the code in fairly short order. The point about an agreement and a lawyer is perhaps the best bet...

[News] More Free Open Source Projects Released: OpenLaszlo, AJAX Framework
Open Source AJAX Enabled Framework for Building Customized User Interfaces for JMX ,----[ Quote ] | The first release of ajax4jmx has been announced... The OS-independent | software is written in Java, under the GNU Library or Lesser General | Public License (LGPL). `---- http://au.sys-con.com/read/317458_p.htm OpenLaszlo 4.0 Beta 1 With AJAX Support Released ,----[ Quote ] | It is offered for free under the business-friendly CPL license. | | In earlier releases, OpenLaszlo applications were compiled in .swf | format to run on Adobe's Flash Player. With OpenLaszlo 4.0 Beta | Releas...

Struts Question #4
I'm loading a jsp page with values that can be modified by the user. One of the columns coming back is a numeric (for money). I put the bean on the request and have an html tag, like this: <html:text property="moneyAmt"/> here's my question. I want to format this so that it displays as #,###.## format. I've done formats with the fmt taglib, like this: <bean:define id="moneyAmt" name="myBean" property="moneyAmt"/> <fmt:formatNumber value="${moneyAmt}" type="currency"/> But I can't seem ...

Konqueror in 3.2 won't release CD
Here's a new one. In KDE 3.2 I can't seem to get Konqueror to release the CD. If I put in a CD, right click on mount, right click on unmount, and right click on eject all is well. BUT... if I click on CD icon to open, it opens in Konqueror. That's good. I want it to. When I close Konqueror, I can't right click and eject.... even if I first unmout. Even the terminal eject command does not work. You have to wait a few minutes and some process somewhere releases the damn thing. In the new Konq (Setting/Performance) you can set "stored instances" greater than zero....

blueMSX 2.7
A new version of the great emulator blueMSX is available ! Version 2.7 can be viewed as version 2.5 enhanced : - after the IDE harddisk emulation, blueMSX has now support for different kinds of SCSI devices : MEGA-SCSI, WAVE-SCSI, MSX Club Gouda SCSI (NOVAXIS) and SCSI CD Audio / CD-ROM - blueMSX has now complete support for the Yamaha CX5M, CX5M-128 and CX7M-128 computers, as MIDI support has been added to the existing emulation of the YM2151 sound chip and the YK-01, YK-10 and YK-20 music keyboards Version 2.7 can also can be viewed as version 2.2 enhanced as a new version ...

[9fans] An announcement and a question
First of all, if you happen to be around San Francisco Bay Area on Sep 30, you might be interested in joining an unconference that is being hosted at Sun's campus where I work: http://cloudcamp-silicon-valley-08.eventbrite.com/ In fact, if there's enough interest we can meet early and I can give the interested parties the tour of the campus combined with some Java (the good kind) and chatting. Now, why is this relevant to 9fans? One word: 9grid. Well, better yet two words: Elastic 9grid(*). If you're still not convinced -- drop by and ask me in person ;-) So that's the a...

How do I upg. 2620 to handle 4 T1s
Hiya -- I've got a 2620 router with two WIC-1DSU-T1 cards in it handling two load-balanced T1s for my network. If I get one or two more T1s, can I still use my 2620? I've seen the VWIC-2MFT-T1 cards, and I think if I replace the existing cards with two of the VWIC-2MFT-T1 ones, I should be able to handle four T1s, maybe? I hope? PLEASE?! :) Do I need to upgrade my memory and/or IOS? Here's what I've got now... any help would be greatly appreciated as we've maxed out our current two T1s: #sho ver Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software IOS (tm) C2600 Software ...

Serial/Modem Ports?
I am a complete newbie when it comes to serial communications in RB, but have a (hopefully) simple question. I'm wondering if it's possible to use the serial communications in RB to use the modem port as a voice answering machine? Can it pick up from a ring, record the audio conversation, etc? Or is it data only? Thank you all again. In article <409e19fd.0408310517.2b67961a@posting.google.com>, searchbuffet@yahoo.com (Jason Harrison) wrote: > I am a complete newbie when it comes to serial communications in RB, > but have a (hopefully) simple question. I'm...

Powermac/9.1 network connection problem
I have a powemac 4400/200Mhz with a PCI NIC card (Sonic) on one of the PCI slots. It is connected to a Motorola Router/WLAN unit that connects to a ADSL modem. I have PCs hooked on to the same router. PCs work fine and get their IP addresses automatically. But it is crazy with the mac. The mac is running Open Transport 2.7.9 (I upgraded because 2.7.4 was not working, neither did 2.7.6). AppleTalk is on. TCP/IP is set to use the Enternet B1 slot connect, and DHCP is enabled. 802.3 is NOT selected. The mac always comes up with the automatic private IP of 169.254.232.172, subnet mask 255.255.0...

New releases of FFmpeg and FFplay for new ARMs
FFplay is a very simple media player built from FFmpeg and SDL. It is mostly used by the FFmpeg development team as a testbed for the various FFmpeg APIs. It is not intended to be a high-gloss high-performance player and you should expect playback to be painfully slow and/or unsynchronised. But it makes a fair attempt at playing low-resolution YouTube videos so conversion to MPEG 1/2 for KinoAmp may not be necessary. And it can handle many other popular media formats. It will fill a gap on the RISC OS platform until something better comes along. The latest releases of !FFmpeg and !FFplay have...

Re: SATA on 5.0.6 or 5.0.7?
: "Steve M. Fabac, Jr." <smfabac@att.net> wrote in message : news:4325B488.908204F5@att.net... : > Anyone running SCO 5.0.6 or 5.0.7 on servers with : > SATA drives? : > : > I'd like to hear from anyone with SATA based servers and if : > they met their exceptions for performance and reliability. : > : > In the past, I have always used SCSI drives for the performance : > and customary 5 year warrantee. Now SATA drives are available with : > 5 year warrantee and manufactures claim the drives are equivalent : > to SCSI performance at 40% less co...

FAQ 2.11 Perl Books #4
This message is one of several periodic postings to comp.lang.perl.misc intended to make it easier for perl programmers to find answers to common questions. The core of this message represents an excerpt from the documentation provided with Perl. -------------------------------------------------------------------- 2.11: Perl Books A number of books on Perl and/or CGI programming are available. A few of these are good, some are OK, but many aren't worth your money. There is a list of these books, some with extensive reviews, at http://books.perl.org/ . The incontesta...

Re: OT: CBS does it again #4
>Having troops on the Korean border isn't going to >stop a nuclear bomb (thanks to Clinton, they are close to having it). How about HRDS - Human Radiation Dispersal Shield dp * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Tomcat 4.1 Issue
Trying to connect to two different databases and utilizing the password protection in my application using similar code below: <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99" driverName="sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver" connectionURL="jdbc:odbc:Test" connectionName="anything" connectionPassword="anything" digest="SHA" userTable="Users" userNameCol="UserName" userCredCol="UserPassword" userRoleTable="Us...

ANN: Python Mock 0.1.0 released
I am pleased to announce the first release of Python Mock (version 0.1.0) on SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/python-mock/ About Python Mock ----------------- The Python Mock library enables the easy creation and use of Mock objects for Python unit testing, inspired by the various Java mock object tools. Mock objects facilitate unit testing by acting as replacements for classes that the object being tested must interact with. The Mock object can accept any method call and return a canned value. The call is recorded by the Mock object and can be examined later by the test code....

Win-ME on DOS 7.1 ...
This may be a dumb-assed question but... It is possible to get the WinME shell to run on MS-DOS 7.1 (from Win98)? On 24 Jul 2003 19:20:34 -0700, rdlebreton@hotmail.com (rdlebreton) wrote: >This may be a dumb-assed question but... > >It is possible to get the WinME shell to run on MS-DOS 7.1 (from Win98)? Probably not easily or stabile (ME isn't even stable in the normal arrangement). ...

File Of Justice V EPS 4 partp03.rar
File Of Justice V EPS 4 partp03.rar ...