f



ANNOUNCE: Release 7 of DJGPP port of fileutils 4.1

Hello.

fileutils is a set of file management programs like cp, mv, rm, mkdir. Release
7 of the port of fileutils 4.1 to DJGPP is now available.

This release fixes a problem with "rm" on Windows 2000 and XP. It may have
previously failed, complaining that the inode of a directory had changed. This
error was bogus. The check has been disabled for now, since the inode of
directory is imaginary on DOS and Windows.

If you are using fileutils 4.1, you should upgrade. Otherwise there is no
need.

To use the Fileutils programs, you only need to download the binary
distribution. You may also want to download the documentation distribution, to
get the documentation in HTML, PostScript and DVI formats. If you want to
examine or rebuild the Fileutils sources, you need to download the source
distribution.

The Fileutils port is available here:

ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/fil41b.zip (binaries)
ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/fil41d.zip (docs)
ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/fil41s.zip (sources)

Please read the file gnu/filutil4.1/djgpp/readme.dos in whichever distribution
you download. This contains important instructions on installing and using
Fileutils.

You can also read the readme and changelog files online:

http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/djgpp/fileutils/4.1/djgpp/readme.dos
http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/djgpp/fileutils/4.1/djgpp/changelog.dos

If you encounter any problems with this port, please feel free to contact me
by e-mail (address below). I also try to read the DJGPP newsgroup,
comp.os.msdos.djgpp, on a regular basis.

Regards,

-- 
Richard Dawe [ http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/ ]

0
rich7846 (36)
8/31/2003 7:40:17 PM
comp.os.msdos.djgpp 3264 articles. 0 followers. tigrepotrazosalvaje (34) is leader. Post Follow

10 Replies
318 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 21

"Richard Dawe" <rich@phekda.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:200308312059.h7VKxL613609@delorie.com...
> Hello.
>
> fileutils is a set of file management programs like cp, mv, rm, mkdir.
Release
> 7 of the port of fileutils 4.1 to DJGPP is now available.

Uh, question ... :-) Since upgrading to this latest fileutils, I see quite a
few failures from 'ln' trying to link objects over directories say:

D:\USR\DJGPP\TMP>ln -s /dev/env/DJDIR/bin/python.exe python2.2.exe
ln: creating symbolic link `python2.2.exe' to
`/dev/env/DJDIR/bin/python.exe': I
mproper link (EXDEV)

This behaviour can sometimes be benificial (like when a Makefile erroniously
tries to link a permanent exe to "./<xyz>.exe", but most of the time it is a
bit of a nuisance...

Are there plans to change this?

Ben


0
bdeck (80)
9/3/2003 12:58:12 PM
Hello.

bdeck wrote:
> 
> "Richard Dawe" <rich@phekda.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:200308312059.h7VKxL613609@delorie.com...
> > Hello.
> >
> > fileutils is a set of file management programs like cp, mv, rm, mkdir.
> Release
> > 7 of the port of fileutils 4.1 to DJGPP is now available.
> 
> Uh, question ... :-) Since upgrading to this latest fileutils, I see quite a
> few failures from 'ln' trying to link objects over directories say:
> 
> D:\USR\DJGPP\TMP>ln -s /dev/env/DJDIR/bin/python.exe python2.2.exe
> ln: creating symbolic link `python2.2.exe' to
> `/dev/env/DJDIR/bin/python.exe': I
> mproper link (EXDEV)

There shouldn't be any regressions like that.

Have you replaced a 2.04 alpha build of fileutils with fileutils 4.1 release 7
off DJ's site (or mirrors)? fileutils 4.1 release 7 was built with DJGPP 2.03
and hence doesn't support symlinks.

Also, what is the DJGPP environment variable set to?

> This behaviour can sometimes be benificial (like when a Makefile erroniously
> tries to link a permanent exe to "./<xyz>.exe", but most of the time it is a
> bit of a nuisance...
> 
> Are there plans to change this?

That depends on the answers to the questions above. ;)

Bye, Rich =]

-- 
Richard Dawe [ http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/ ]
0
rich7846 (36)
9/4/2003 7:26:15 PM
"Richard Dawe" <rich@phekda.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:3F5791D7.EB4697A5@phekda.freeserve.co.uk...
> Hello.
>
> bdeck wrote:
> >
> > "Richard Dawe" <rich@phekda.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > news:200308312059.h7VKxL613609@delorie.com...
> > > Hello.
> > >
> > > fileutils is a set of file management programs like cp, mv, rm, mkdir.
> > Release
> > > 7 of the port of fileutils 4.1 to DJGPP is now available.
> >
> > Uh, question ... :-) Since upgrading to this latest fileutils, I see
quite a
> > few failures from 'ln' trying to link objects over directories say:
> >
> > D:\USR\DJGPP\TMP>ln -s /dev/env/DJDIR/bin/python.exe python2.2.exe
> > ln: creating symbolic link `python2.2.exe' to
> > `/dev/env/DJDIR/bin/python.exe': I
> > mproper link (EXDEV)
>
> There shouldn't be any regressions like that.
>
> Have you replaced a 2.04 alpha build of fileutils with fileutils 4.1
release 7
> off DJ's site (or mirrors)? fileutils 4.1 release 7 was built with DJGPP
2.03
> and hence doesn't support symlinks.

Drat, that explains it! Maybe the next announcement should clearly explain
which DJGPP version was to used to compile the package..

I wouldn't have upgraded if I had known that it was still built on 2.03. Up
until now I have been using the fileutils from Clio.

Thanks,
Ben


0
bdeck (80)
9/5/2003 10:33:37 PM
Hello.

bdeck wrote:
> 
> "Richard Dawe" <rich@phekda.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:3F5791D7.EB4697A5@phekda.freeserve.co.uk...
[snip]
> > Have you replaced a 2.04 alpha build of fileutils with fileutils 4.1
> > release 7 off DJ's site (or mirrors)? fileutils 4.1 release 7 was built
> > with DJGPP 2.03 and hence doesn't support symlinks.
> 
> Drat, that explains it! Maybe the next announcement should clearly explain
> which DJGPP version was to used to compile the package..

I think the rule is: Unless it says has been built with 2.04, you should
assume it has been built with 2.03. 2.04 is only an alpha release, after all.

Hopefully there won't be another release of 4.1. If there is, I will try to
remember to mention that it was built with 2.03 in the announcement.

> I wouldn't have upgraded if I had known that it was still built on 2.03. Up
> until now I have been using the fileutils from Clio.

Andrew Cottrell will probably rebuild fileutils 4.1 release 7 with DJGPP 2.04
alpha 1 sometime and put it up on Clio. So you should be able to get a version
with the fixes sometime.

Bye, Rich =]

-- 
Richard Dawe [ http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/ ]
0
rich7846 (36)
9/6/2003 9:28:08 AM
"Richard Dawe" <rich@phekda.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:3F59A8A8.2B429E8A@phekda.freeserve.co.uk...
> Hello.
>
> bdeck wrote:
> >
> > "Richard Dawe" <rich@phekda.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > news:3F5791D7.EB4697A5@phekda.freeserve.co.uk...
> [snip]
> > > Have you replaced a 2.04 alpha build of fileutils with fileutils 4.1
> > > release 7 off DJ's site (or mirrors)? fileutils 4.1 release 7 was
built
> > > with DJGPP 2.03 and hence doesn't support symlinks.
> >
> > Drat, that explains it! Maybe the next announcement should clearly
explain
> > which DJGPP version was to used to compile the package..
>
> I think the rule is: Unless it says has been built with 2.04, you should
> assume it has been built with 2.03. 2.04 is only an alpha release, after
all.

Whose rule is that :-)?

Thanks for the info
Ben


0
bdeck (80)
9/6/2003 10:27:05 PM
Hello.

bdeck wrote:
> 
> "Richard Dawe" <rich@phekda.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:3F59A8A8.2B429E8A@phekda.freeserve.co.uk...
[snip]
> > I think the rule is: Unless it says has been built with 2.04, you should
> > assume it has been built with 2.03. 2.04 is only an alpha release, after
> > all.
> 
> Whose rule is that :-)?

Dawe's First Rule of DJGPP Packaging ;)

Regards,

-- 
Richard Dawe [ http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/ ]
0
rich7846 (36)
9/7/2003 1:19:48 PM
Richard Dawe <rich@phekda.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:<200308312059.h7VKxL613609@delorie.com>...
> Hello.
> 
> fileutils is a set of file management programs like cp, mv, rm, mkdir. Release
> 7 of the port of fileutils 4.1 to DJGPP is now available.
> 
> This release fixes a problem with "rm" on Windows 2000 and XP. It may have
> previously failed, complaining that the inode of a directory had changed. This
> error was bogus. The check has been disabled for now, since the inode of
> directory is imaginary on DOS and Windows.
> 
> If you are using fileutils 4.1, you should upgrade. Otherwise there is no
> need.
> 
> To use the Fileutils programs, you only need to download the binary
> distribution. You may also want to download the documentation distribution, to
> get the documentation in HTML, PostScript and DVI formats. If you want to
> examine or rebuild the Fileutils sources, you need to download the source
> distribution.
> 
> The Fileutils port is available here:
> 
> ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/fil41b.zip (binaries)
> ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/fil41d.zip (docs)
> ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/fil41s.zip (sources)
> 
> Please read the file gnu/filutil4.1/djgpp/readme.dos in whichever distribution
> you download. This contains important instructions on installing and using
> Fileutils.
> 
> You can also read the readme and changelog files online:
> 
> http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/djgpp/fileutils/4.1/djgpp/readme.dos
> http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/djgpp/fileutils/4.1/djgpp/changelog.dos
> 
> If you encounter any problems with this port, please feel free to contact me
> by e-mail (address below). I also try to read the DJGPP newsgroup,
> comp.os.msdos.djgpp, on a regular basis.
> 
> Regards,


Yes,it's very good.I've successfully bootstrap the gcc323 useing it.Ha
ha ,i am very happy.This several tens days i've tried every
version,but all failed for the symbils in the linstdcxx.a  even the
clio's version with timestamp 7.18 and the 2.04alpha but all failed
for the libstdcxx.a's symbols.I even failed use the 2.03 in the
current directory.I failed bootstrap the gcc322s.zip gcc321s.zip
gcc33s.zip,only the time when I have use the latest filest and the
gcc323b.zip and other 2.03 packages to bootstrap gcc323s.zip lead me
to success.Idon't know whether it is the filxxxb.zip or thr sources of
the gcc's bug.

I like this version.he he ;-)
I wish Andrew saturday's recompile can success and tell me what on
earth it was.
0
AIKO_sex (12)
9/7/2003 7:50:43 PM
Richard Dawe <rich@phekda.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:<200308312059.h7VKxL613609@delorie.com>...
> Hello.
> 
> fileutils is a set of file management programs like cp, mv, rm, mkdir. Release
> 7 of the port of fileutils 4.1 to DJGPP is now available.
> 
> This release fixes a problem with "rm" on Windows 2000 and XP. It may have
> previously failed, complaining that the inode of a directory had changed. This
> error was bogus. The check has been disabled for now, since the inode of
> directory is imaginary on DOS and Windows.
> 
> If you are using fileutils 4.1, you should upgrade. Otherwise there is no
> need.
> 
> To use the Fileutils programs, you only need to download the binary
> distribution. You may also want to download the documentation distribution, to
> get the documentation in HTML, PostScript and DVI formats. If you want to
> examine or rebuild the Fileutils sources, you need to download the source
> distribution.
> 
> The Fileutils port is available here:
> 
> ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/fil41b.zip (binaries)
> ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/fil41d.zip (docs)
> ftp://ftp.delorie.com/pub/djgpp/current/v2gnu/fil41s.zip (sources)
> 
> Please read the file gnu/filutil4.1/djgpp/readme.dos in whichever distribution
> you download. This contains important instructions on installing and using
> Fileutils.
> 
> You can also read the readme and changelog files online:
> 
> http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/djgpp/fileutils/4.1/djgpp/readme.dos
> http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/djgpp/fileutils/4.1/djgpp/changelog.dos
> 
> If you encounter any problems with this port, please feel free to contact me
> by e-mail (address below). I also try to read the DJGPP newsgroup,
> comp.os.msdos.djgpp, on a regular basis.
> 
> Regards,

What about the djgpp 2.04 ,if there is such oldest  version  for it?
0
AIKO_sex (12)
9/7/2003 8:17:00 PM
F:\gcc5\gnu\build.gcc>more errors
Applying ctrl_quotes_def          to libc/ttyprvt.h
Applying limits_ifndefs           to limits.h
Applying undefine_null            to locale.h
Fixed:  locale.h
Applying sun_malloc               to malloc.h
Applying math_exception           to math.h
Applying math_huge_val_ifndef     to math.h
Fixed:  math.h
Applying gnu_types                to stddef.h
Applying undefine_null            to stddef.h
Fixed:  stddef.h
Applying stdio_stdarg_h           to stdio.h
Fixed:  stdio.h
Applying sysv68_string            to string.h
Applying djgpp_wchar_h            to sys/djtypes.h
Applying io_quotes_def            to sys/ioctl.h
Applying djgpp_wchar_h            to wchar.h
Fixed:  wchar.h

This is my erros file redirect from the "sh djmake.sh bootstrap
2>errors
it stopped just at fix the last include and without erros.

I useed the lasted fil41b.zip gcc323bzip and other packages in the
current
 versions.I bootstrap the gcc323s.zip and gcc33s.zip in the
windows2000 server cmd box.They all stop with the same as above.even
run "sh djmake.sh bootstrap" again and again,they can't continue.
0
AIKO_sex (12)
9/7/2003 11:40:35 PM
> From: AIKO_sex@hotmail.com (mike)
> Newsgroups: comp.os.msdos.djgpp
> Date: 7 Sep 2003 16:40:35 -0700
> 
> Fixed:  stdio.h
> Applying sysv68_string            to string.h
> Applying djgpp_wchar_h            to sys/djtypes.h
> Applying io_quotes_def            to sys/ioctl.h
> Applying djgpp_wchar_h            to wchar.h
> Fixed:  wchar.h
> 
> This is my erros file redirect from the "sh djmake.sh bootstrap
> 2>errors
> it stopped just at fix the last include and without erros.

These are not errors, they are normal messages from the fixincludes
stage, where the system headers are ``fixed'' (ours should already be
fixed, so it's mostly a no-op).  The messages are printed to stderr,
that's why you see them in the errors file.

> I useed the lasted fil41b.zip gcc323bzip and other packages in the
> current
>  versions.I bootstrap the gcc323s.zip and gcc33s.zip in the
> windows2000 server cmd box.They all stop with the same as above.even
> run "sh djmake.sh bootstrap" again and again,they can't continue.

Something else prevents the bootstrap from continuing, the above is
not the reason.  Sorry, I don't know what is the real reason.

0
eliz1 (168)
9/8/2003 5:53:51 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

ANNOUNCE: Release of DJGPP ports of GCC-5.2.0, GCC-4.9.3, GCC-4.8.5,, GCC-4.7.4 and GCC-3.4.6 for DJGPP v2.05
This is announcement of GCC-5.2.0, GCC-4.9.3, GCC-4.8.5, GCC-4.7.4 and GCC-3.4.6 for DJGPP v2.05 GCC used to stand for the GNU C Compiler, but since the compiler supports several other languages aside from C, it now stands for the GNU Compiler Collection. All these GCC versions are built using DJGPP v2.05 under Windows Vista Business SP3. Requirements for using binary packages: - DJGPP v2.05 (packages are NOT intended to be used with DJGPP v2.03) - binutils-2.22 or above (binutils-2.24 or above recommended) Currently all packages are still located at: ftp://ftp.de...

ANNOUNCE: Release 2 of the DJGPP ports of GNU fileutils-4.1, textutils-2.0 and shellutils-2.0.11 uploaded. For DJGPP 2.05 only.
These are updates of the ports of fileutils-4.1, textutils-2.0 and shellutils-2.0.11 to MSDOS/DJGPP. DJGPP specific changes. ======================= - These are the first ports that has been compiled with djdev205. Starting with this port version I will no longer support neither djdev204 nor djdev203. - Only those DJGPP specific changes have been done to get the sources configured and compiled using djdev205. All these changes are documented in the diffs.205 file store in the /djgpp directory. I have not waisted my time trying to get the test ...

ANNOUNCE: Release 2 of the DJGPP port of GNU Gawk 4.1.1 uploaded (DJGPP 2.05 only).
This is a port of GNU Gawk 4.1.1 to MSDOS/DJGPP. GNU Gawk is an interpreter for text scanning and processing language named Awk. It is specifically suited for programs that process text files one line at a time, but can also be used for much more complex tasks. DJGPP specific changes. ======================= - There are no DJGPP specific user visible changes. - This is the first port that has been compiled using djdev205. Starting with this port version I will no longer support neither djdev204 nor djdev203. - The port has been tested by u...

ANNOUNCE: Release 3 of the DJGPP port of mktemp 1.7 uploaded (DJGPP 2.05 only).
This is a port of mktemp 1.7 to MSDOS/DJGPP. mktemp is a simple utility designed to make temporary file handling in shells scripts be safe and simple. It is compatible with the one that comes with coreutils. Because a port of GNU coreutils is not available but certain test suites require a mktemp program to create their temporary output files this tool has been ported. DJGPP specific changes. ======================= - There are no DJGPP specific user visible changes. - This is the first port that has been compiled using djdev205. Starting ...

ANNOUNCE: Release 2 of the DJGPP port of GNU make 4.1 uploaded (DJGPP 2.05 only).
This is a port of GNU make 4.1 to MSDOS/DJGPP. Make is a program for building other programs, given a description of the dependencies between the files. DJGPP specific changes. ======================= - There are no DJGPP specific user visible changes. - This is the first port that has been compiled using djdev205. Starting with this port version I will no longer support neither djdev204 nor djdev203. - The port has been tested by using it. I have used them only on WinXP. It has worked flawlessly. I do not kwon if this will ever be the cas...

ANNOUNCE: Release 2 of the DJGPP port of GNU patch 2.7.1 uploaded (DJGPP 2.05 only).
This is a port of GNU patch 2.7.1 to MSDOS/DJGPP. GNU patch is a program to apply patches to files. It accepts a "patch script", usually produced by file-comparison utility such as Diff, and produces modified files by applying this script to old versions of files. More often than not, Patch is used with text, usually source, files. But it can also patch binary files, although the patch scripts for binary files tend to be large. DJGPP specific changes. ======================= - There are no user visible DJGPP specific changes compared w...

ANNOUNCE: Release 2 of the DJGPP port of GNU Bison 2.4.1 uploaded (DJGPP 2.05 only).
This is a port of GNU Bison 2.4.1 to MSDOS/DJGPP. Bison is the GNU version of a parser generator aka compiler compiler. It requires a DJGPP port of m4 1.4.6 or higher. DJGPP specific changes. ======================= - There are no DJGPP specific user visible changes. - This is the first port that has been compiled using djdev205. Starting with this port version I will no longer support neither djdev204 nor djdev203. - The port has been tested by using it. I have used them only on WinXP. It has worked flawlessly. I do not kwon if this w...

ANNOUNCE: Release 3 of the DJGPP port of GNU m4 1.4.17 uploaded (DJGPP 2.05 only).
This is a port of GNU m4 1.4.17 to MSDOS/DJGPP. GNU m4 is an implementation of the traditional Unix macro processor. It is mostly SVR4 compatible, although it has some extensions (for example, handling more than 9 positional parameters to macros). m4 also has built-in functions for including files, running shell commands, doing arithmetic, etc. DJGPP specific changes. ======================= - This is the first port that has been compiled using djdev205. Starting with this port version I will no longer support neither djdev204 nor djdev203. - T...

ANNOUNCE: Release 2 of the DJGPP ports of byacc 1.9 and man 1.3 uploaded (DJGPP 2.05 only).
These are ports of byacc 1.9 and man 1.3 to MSDOS/DJGPP. Berkeley Yacc (byacc) is an LALR(1) parser generator and "man" is a program for formatting and browsing documentation written in the Unix "man page" format. DJGPP specific changes. ======================= - There are no user visible DJGPP specific changes compared with the previous version. If you are familiar with the previous version of both ports, you will be familiar with these ones. - This is the first port that has been compiled using djdev205. Starting w...

ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of GCC-4.8.1 (DJGPP v2.04 only)
This is announcement of DJGPP port of GCC-4.8.1 GCC used to stand for the GNU C Compiler, but since the compiler supports several other languages aside from C, it now stands for the GNU Compiler Collection. ********************************************************************** * WARNING: only port for DJGPP 2.04 development versions is provided * * DO NOT use it with DJGPP v2.03 * ********************************************************************** Warning: DJGPP port of binutils-2.22 or newer is recommended. Version 2.19 and 2.2...

ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of GCC-4.9.1 (DJGPP v2.04 only)
This is announcement of DJGPP port of GCC-4.9.1 GCC used to stand for the GNU C Compiler, but since the compiler supports several other languages aside from C, it now stands for the GNU Compiler Collection. ********************************************************************** * WARNING: only port for DJGPP 2.04 development versions is provided * ********************************************************************** Warning: DJGPP port of binutils-2.22 or newer is recommended. Version 2.19 and 2.20 may work but are not tested It is however recommended to us...

ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of GCC-4.7.1
This is announcement of DJGPP port of GCC-4.7.1 GCC used to stand for the GNU C Compiler, but since the compiler supports several other languages aside from C, it now stands for the GNU Compiler Collection. Warning: DJGPP port of binutils-2.17 or newer is required. It is however recommended to use binutils-2.22 or newer Use of DJGPP port of binutils-2.22 or newer is required for building gcc-4.7.1 from sources for DJGPP. ======================================= Build for current stable version of DJGPP (djdev203 patchlevel 2) is available from: f...

ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of GNU make 4.1 uploaded. (DJGPP 2.04 only)
This is a port of GNU make 4.1 to MSDOS/DJGPP. Make is a program for building other programs, given a description of the dependencies between the files. DJGPP specific changes. ======================= The most important DJGPP specific change is that I have removed the dependence of guile. AFAIK there is no DJGPP port of guile and I assume that there will never be. This means that all make extensions that require the use of guile will never be available for DJGPP. BTW I have no intention to port guile to DJGPP/DOS. The test suite requires per...

ANNOUNCE: Update of DJGPP port of GCC-4.8.1 (DJGPP v2.04 only)
This is announcement of updated version DJGPP port of GCC-4.8.1 GCC used to stand for the GNU C Compiler, but since the compiler supports several other languages aside from C, it now stands for the GNU Compiler Collection. Only user visible change in this version is using DWARF2 debugging info by default. ********************************************************************** * WARNING: only port for DJGPP 2.04 development versions is provided * ********************************************************************** Warning: DJGPP port of binutils-2.22 or newer is recommended....