Can't cd , can't use wildcard

Hi ,

I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whenever I try to "cd" into some of
the directories(which exist), I get an "Invalid directory". I can use to get
into few of the directories(using cd) but for other it just says "Invalid
directory".
Moreover, I can't use any wildcard characters..(*, ? etc) at all..

Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks
Arun

0
Arun
8/31/2003 5:13:52 PM
comp.os.msdos.misc 1126 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:13:52 GMT, Arun Goel <arun.goel@sbcglobal.net>
wrote the following to comp.os.msdos.misc:

> Hi ,
>
> I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whenever I try to "cd" into some of
> the directories(which exist), I get an "Invalid directory". I can use to get
> into few of the directories(using cd) but for other it just says "Invalid
> directory".

What directory names are you using, and which command prompt? You can't use
long names (> 8 characters) in command.com in Win2K. You must use cmd.exe
instead which is also more powerful and a better choice.

mh.
--

Sig temporarily unavailable.
0

I never knew that command & cmd is different:) almost 8 years since I am in
IT:( though worked mostly on unix..

Anyway , thanks a lot for your help..

Thanks
Arun