Where i can find ASPIDISK.SYS und ASPIUSB.SYS

Hello all.

I want to use my new generic USB-stick(FAT16/2GB) as a drive with DOS7.
But all test with the following drivers fails:

dosusb.zip
http://www.georgpotthast.de/usb/

device=Usbdisk.sys
device=Di1000dd.sys

....also with...

Dosusb.com
Usbview.exe

With Usbview.exe i can get some data from the stick, like the serial number
and other parameters, but there is no way for a file access, because
Usbdisk.sys display namely a drive letter, but a switching to that device
only results:

....wrong device, abort, retry, ignore....

---------------------------

Also these drivers fails:

mhairudos.zip
http://www.stefan2000.com/darkehorse/PC/DOS/Drivers/USB/

device=Ramfd.sys
device=Usbaspi.sys

---------------------------

Now i�m searching for ASPIDISK.SYS und ASPIUSB.SYS.
Can anybody give me an accessful link to that drivers?

Dirk
0
Dirk
9/8/2008 6:21:27 AM
comp.os.msdos.programmer 1324 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Dirk Wolfgang Glomp wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I want to use my new generic USB-stick(FAT16/2GB) as a drive with DOS7.
> But all test with the following drivers fails:
>
> dosusb.zip
> http://www.georgpotthast.de/usb/
>
> device=Usbdisk.sys
> device=Di1000dd.sys
>
> ...also with...
>
> Dosusb.com
> Usbview.exe
>
> With Usbview.exe i can get some data from the stick, like the serial number
> and other parameters, but there is no way for a file access, because
> Usbdisk.sys display namely a drive letter, but a switching to that device
> only results:
>
> ...wrong device, abort, retry, ignore....
>
> ---------------------------
>
> Also these drivers fails:
>
> mhairudos.zip
> http://www.stefan2000.com/darkehorse/PC/DOS/Drivers/USB/
>
> device=Ramfd.sys
> device=Usbaspi.sys
>
> ---------------------------
>
> Now i�m searching for ASPIDISK.SYS und ASPIUSB.SYS.
> Can anybody give me an accessful link to that drivers?

Seems to me that ASPIUSB is a misspelling; there's only USBASPI.SYS

ASPIDISK is an adaptec driver - try here:

http://www.adaptec.com/AdaptecCom/Templates/PL/license-agree.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID=%7b57BD92CF-B9C1-4709-857E-E20233B2E334%7d&NRORIGINALURL=%2fen-US%2fspeed%2fscsi%2fdos%2fdosdrvr_exe.htm&NRCACHEHINT=Guest
0
Esra
9/8/2008 8:40:40 AM
Am Mon, 08 Sep 2008 09:40:40 +0100 schrieb Esra Sdrawkcab:

> Dirk Wolfgang Glomp wrote:
>> Now i�m searching for ASPIDISK.SYS und ASPIUSB.SYS.
>> Can anybody give me an accessful link to that drivers?
>>
> Seems to me that ASPIUSB is a misspelling; there's only USBASPI.SYS

I don�t think so, because i became this drivername in a german NG and
how i remember, the poster list also the other drivername too.
Sorry i have no link about this posting, maybe it is soon expired.

> ASPIDISK is an adaptec driver - try here:
>
> http://www.adaptec.com/AdaptecCom/Templates/PL/license-agree.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID=%7b57BD92CF-B9C1-4709-857E-E20233B2E334%7d&NRORIGINALURL=%2fen-US%2fspeed%2fscsi%2fdos%2fdosdrvr_exe.htm&NRCACHEHINT=Guest

When i use Firefox(1.06) i see a page with these big letters in the head:
Server Error in '/AdaptecCom' Application.
...and feeting: Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework
Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET

IE5 results an error: This Page can�t be schown.

It is importend to install the NET-Framework to acess this page?

Thanks.

Dirk
0
Dirk
9/8/2008 10:55:38 AM
Dirk Wolfgang Glomp wrote:
> Am Mon, 08 Sep 2008 09:40:40 +0100 schrieb Esra Sdrawkcab:
>
>> Dirk Wolfgang Glomp wrote:
>>> Now i�m searching for ASPIDISK.SYS und ASPIUSB.SYS.
>>> Can anybody give me an accessful link to that drivers?
>>>
>> Seems to me that ASPIUSB is a misspelling; there's only USBASPI.SYS
>
> I don�t think so, because i became this drivername in a german NG and
> how i remember, the poster list also the other drivername too.
> Sorry i have no link about this posting, maybe it is soon expired.

Yes, I saw that too. but only a very few references to usbaspi.sys (9 of
them), which is why I decided it was a misspelling.

>> ASPIDISK is an adaptec driver - try here:
>>
>> http://www.adaptec.com/AdaptecCom/Templates/PL/license-agree.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID=%7b57BD92CF-B9C1-4709-857E-E20233B2E334%7d&NRORIGINALURL=%2fen-US%2fspeed%2fscsi%2fdos%2fdosdrvr_exe.htm&NRCACHEHINT=Guest
>
> When i use Firefox(1.06) i see a page with these big letters in the head:
> Server Error in '/AdaptecCom' Application.
> ..and feeting: Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework
> Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET
>
> IE5 results an error: This Page can�t be schown.

> It is importend to install the NET-Framework to acess this page?

I would hope not!

Come on I narrowed it down for you, you have a go at using google.

http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/speed/scsi/dos/dosdrvr_exe.htm
0
Esra
9/8/2008 1:59:10 PM
"Dirk Wolfgang Glomp" <dirk@freecrac.dyndns.org> wrote in message
> Hello all.
>
> I want to use my new generic USB-stick(FAT16/2GB) as a drive with DOS7.
> But all test with the following drivers fails:
>
> dosusb.zip
> http://www.georgpotthast.de/usb/
>
> device=Usbdisk.sys
> device=Di1000dd.sys

I've been using USBASPI.SYS and DI1000DD.SYS.  I tried many other
combinations of drivers and none worked on this machine.  I load them with
DEVLOAD by a .bat:

DEVLOAD USBASPI.SYS
DEVLOAD DI1000DD.SYS

I can read, but not write under DOS 7.10.  I have to write from Windows.
I've experienced a number of serious problems with this combination such as
out of memory and only simple directory commands working without random
lockups.  But, since nothing else seems to work...

Rod Pemberton

0
Rod
9/8/2008 9:14:55 PM
Am Mon, 08 Sep 2008 14:59:10 +0100 schrieb Esra Sdrawkcab:

> Dirk Wolfgang Glomp wrote:

>>> Seems to me that ASPIUSB is a misspelling; there's only USBASPI.SYS
>>
>> I don�t think so, because i became this drivername in a german NG and
>> how i remember, the poster list also the other drivername too.
>> Sorry i have no link about this posting, maybe it is soon expired.
>
> Yes, I saw that too. but only a very few references to usbaspi.sys (9 of
> them), which is why I decided it was a misspelling.
>

>>> ASPIDISK is an adaptec driver - try here:
>>>
>>> http://www.adaptec.com/AdaptecCom/Templates/PL/license-agree.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID=%7b57BD92CF-B9C1-4709-857E-E20233B2E334%7d&NRORIGINALURL=%2fen-US%2fspeed%2fscsi%2fdos%2fdosdrvr_exe.htm&NRCACHEHINT=Guest
>>
>> When i use Firefox(1.06) i see a page with these big letters in the head:
>> Server Error in '/AdaptecCom' Application.
>> Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
>> ..and feeting: Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework
>> Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET
>>
>> IE5 results an error: This Page can�t be schown.

>> It is importend to install the NET-Framework to acess this page?
>>

> I would hope not!

No, it is not importend.

> Come on I narrowed it down for you, you have a go at using google.
>
> http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/speed/scsi/dos/dosdrvr_exe.htm

Now i can download this file. Thanks.

Dirk
0
Dirk
9/9/2008 7:04:06 AM
Am Mon, 8 Sep 2008 17:14:55 -0400 schrieb Rod Pemberton:

> "Dirk Wolfgang Glomp" <dirk@freecrac.dyndns.org> wrote in message
>> Hello all.
>>
>> I want to use my new generic USB-stick(FAT16/2GB) as a drive with DOS7.
>> But all test with the following drivers fails:
>>
>> dosusb.zip
>> http://www.georgpotthast.de/usb/
>>
>> device=Usbdisk.sys
>> device=Di1000dd.sys
>>

> I've been using USBASPI.SYS and DI1000DD.SYS.  I tried many other
> combinations of drivers and none worked on this machine.

My board is an Epox8k3a+(SocketA/VIA KT333).
The Bios let me choice between some USB-Boot devices like USB-Floppy,
USB-Disk, or USB-CD-Rom. But it isn�t possible to boot this stick.
An earlier boot-test with an other stick boot succesfully with this board.
Also a boot-test with a MSI-Mainboard(Nforce2) fails with this new stick,
but with my Elitegroup K7s5a-Pro-board i can boot the new stick.

>  I load them with
> DEVLOAD by a .bat:
>
> DEVLOAD USBASPI.SYS
> DEVLOAD DI1000DD.SYS
>
> I can read, but not write under DOS 7.10.  I have to write from Windows.

Crazy.

> I've experienced a number of serious problems with this combination such as
> out of memory and only simple directory commands working without random
> lockups.  But, since nothing else seems to work...

Mhm.

Now i can try the Adaptec-drivers, but the readme shows nothing spaciall
about an USB-stick, but there is a part of a removable disk device
(using ASPIDISK.SYS) and i hope this will be also usefull to access an
USB-stick instead of an USB-harddrive.

Dirk
0
Dirk
9/9/2008 8:00:26 AM
Rod Pemberton (do_not_have@nohavenot.cmm) wrote:
> "Dirk Wolfgang Glomp" <dirk@freecrac.dyndns.org> wrote:

> > I want to use my new generic USB-stick(FAT16/2GB) as a drive with DOS7.
> > But all tests with the following drivers fail:
> >
> > dosusb.zip

***   I assume you probably already know this, but just in case: ".zip" is
not a driver; it is a compressed archive. What is inside that archive?

> > http://www.georgpotthast.de/usb/
> >
> > device=Usbdisk.sys
> > device=Di1000dd.sys

***   Despite the "Universal" in `USB', USB devices are far from
universal. Your problem may not be the drivers but the flash drive
itself. Not all are recognised with a given set of drivers.

> I've been using USBASPI.SYS and DI1000DD.SYS.  I tried many other
> combinations of drivers and none worked on this machine.  I load them with
> DEVLOAD by a .bat:

> DEVLOAD USBASPI.SYS
> DEVLOAD DI1000DD.SYS

> I can read, but not write under DOS 7.10.  I have to write from Windows.
(Snip)

> Rod Pemberton

***   I use those same drivers under DR-DOS 7.03 and they work fine. I can
both read and write from/to any of my three flash drives. They are:

 16 Mb Verbatim "FlashDisc"
500 Mb SanDisk "Cruzer Micro"
  2 Gb Kingston "Data Traveler"

   I suggest that you reformat your flash drive with the DOS "FORMAT"
command to see if you can then write to the drive.

   For a selection of DOS USB websites, see:

              http://www.chebucto.ca/~ak621/DOS/Websites.html

         Richard Bonner
http://www.chebucto.ca/~ak621/DOS/
0
ak621
9/9/2008 2:35:41 PM
Am Tue, 9 Sep 2008 14:35:41 +0000 (UTC) schrieb Richard Bonner:

> Rod Pemberton (do_not_have@nohavenot.cmm) wrote:
>> "Dirk Wolfgang Glomp" <dirk@freecrac.dyndns.org> wrote:
>
>>> I want to use my new generic USB-stick(FAT16/2GB) as a drive with DOS7.
>>> But all tests with the following drivers fail:
>>>
>>> dosusb.zip
>
> ***   I assume you probably already know this, but just in case: ".zip" is
> not a driver; it is a compressed archive.

Shure i know this and i think Rod too.

> What is inside that archive?
>
>>> http://www.georgpotthast.de/usb/
>>>
>>> device=Usbdisk.sys
>>> device=Di1000dd.sys
          ^^
Here are these drivers with my device-example for a config.sys.
(There are some more files and samples stored inside the dosusb.zip)

> "Universal" in `USB', USB devices are far from
> universal. Your problem may not be the drivers but the flash drive
> itself. Not all are recognised with a given set of drivers.

Maybe the Bios of the mainboard is also a problem?

> ***   I use those same drivers under DR-DOS 7.03 and they work fine. I can
> both read and write from/to any of my three flash drives. They are:
>
>  16 Mb Verbatim "FlashDisc"
> 500 Mb SanDisk "Cruzer Micro"
>   2 Gb Kingston "Data Traveler"

Which mainboard do you use?

>    I suggest that you reformat your flash drive with the DOS "FORMAT"
> command to see if you can then write to the drive.

My new 2GB-stick is formated with FAT16, such as it comes from my shop.
With Windows98SE/2K i have no problems to read or write to the stick.

It is possible that a formatation-process goes wrong, without showing
an error?

Dirk
0
Dirk
9/9/2008 3:51:47 PM
Am Tue, 9 Sep 2008 10:00:26 +0200 schrieb Dirk Wolfgang Glomp:
> Now i can try the Adaptec-drivers, but the readme shows nothing spaciall
> about an USB-stick, but there is a part of a removable disk device
> (using ASPIDISK.SYS) and i hope this will be also usefull to access an
> USB-stick instead of an USB-harddrive.

Also a test with this driver fails.

Dirk
0
Dirk
9/10/2008 11:42:51 AM
Dirk Wolfgang Glomp (dirk@freecrac.dyndns.org) wrote:
> Am Tue, 9 Sep 2008 14:35:41 +0000 (UTC) schrieb Richard Bonner:

> > Rod Pemberton (do_not_have@nohavenot.cmm) wrote:

> > ***   I assume you probably already know this, but just in case: ".zip"
> > is not a driver; it is a compressed archive.

> Sure I know this and i think Rod too.

***   OK. Thanks. I just wanted to be sure. I have run into many people
lately that are just getting into DOS, so I like to ask.

> > What is inside that archive?

>           ^^
> Here are these drivers with my device-example for a config.sys.
> (There are some more files and samples stored inside the dosusb.zip)

***   OK. I use the same ones as Rod, though.

   Do your drivers load? If so, do they scan the flash drive - that is,
does the indicator on the drive blink during driver load? Try turning on
"Verbose" mode to see what is happening as the drivers load.

> > "Universal" in `USB', USB devices are far from
> > universal. Your problem may not be the drivers but the flash drive
> > itself. Not all are recognised with a given set of drivers.

> Maybe the Bios of the mainboard is also a problem?

***   I can't see that because USB works on my work and home systems, and
on both laptops I own. They are all from different companies.

   You might check to see if your CMOS has USB functions. One of them
might be interferring.

   That aside, I suspect you either have the wrong drivers or your flash
drive is not being recognised. When I get to work tomorrow I will check
the documentation I have there. I can e-mail you drivers if you want to
try them.

> > ***   I use those same drivers under DR-DOS 7.03 and they work fine. I can
> > both read and write from/to any of my three flash drives. They are:
> >
> >  16 Mb Verbatim "FlashDisc"
> > 500 Mb SanDisk "Cruzer Micro"
> >   2 Gb Kingston "Data Traveler"

> Which mainboard do you use?

***   As I said, each is different and I have no idea which models
are being used without opening cases, something I am not willing to take
the time to do right now.  (-:

> >    I suggest that you reformat your flash drive with the DOS "FORMAT"
> > command to see if you can then write to the drive.

> My new 2GB-stick is formated with FAT16, such as it comes from my shop.
> With Windows98SE/2K i have no problems to read or write to the stick.

***   OK. Then, was it Rod that could not write to his flash drive?

> It is possible that a formatation-process goes wrong, without showing
> an error?

> Dirk

***   I can't answer for Windows (I have not used it since 1999), but
under DOS, "FORMAT" should give errors if it is not successful. I guess
though, it could *think* it has been successful, but in reality, the drive
might not be formatted properly.

   Again, though, I think it's the drivers.

         Richard Bonner
http://www.chebucto.ca/~ak621/DOS/

0
ak621
9/10/2008 11:21:14 PM
Am Wed, 10 Sep 2008 23:21:14 +0000 (UTC) schrieb Richard Bonner:
> Do your drivers load? If so, do they scan the flash drive - that is,
> does the indicator on the drive blink during driver load? Try turning on
> "Verbose" mode to see what is happening as the drivers load.

My Epox-Bios includes in the bootfirst-list a USB-Floppy selection and when
i point this to boot first, the booting fails also like every other choice,
but just before the DOS is booting from the floppi-disk(1.4MB; as the
second boot device) the Bios schows this massage:
USB Storage Device: Flash Drive AU_USB20 8.07.

Now the DOS is booting from the floppy-disk(1.4MB) and the stick-led is
blinking in a very short interval for five or six times and than the led is
uninterupted light on.

After himem.sys and emm386.exe ist starting, the ASPI driver try to load:
ASPI DISK DRIVER for DOS Version 4.01b Copyright...

Unable to open ASPI Manager!
ASPIDISK.SYS is not installed.

No blinking occur in this time.
I added /V behind the device instruction, but without any other result.

>>> "Universal" in `USB', USB devices are far from
>>> universal. Your problem may not be the drivers but the flash drive
>>> itself. Not all are recognised with a given set of drivers.
>
>> Maybe the Bios of the mainboard is also a problem?
>
> ***   I can't see that because USB works on my work and home systems, and
> on both laptops I own. They are all from different companies.
>
>    You might check to see if your CMOS has USB functions. One of them
> might be interferring.

There are only choices to enable/disable an USB-Mouse and an USB-Keyboard
and if the USB get an own IRQ or not and how many USB devices(one or two)
i want to enable and in the bootfirst-list: USB-ZIP, USB-Floppy,
USB-Harddrive and USB-CD, thats all.

There is no USB legacy choice, or a switch for an USB-DOS-support that i
can find in the Elitegroup(K7S5A-Pro)-BIOS.

>    That aside, I suspect you either have the wrong drivers or your flash
> drive is not being recognised. When I get to work tomorrow I will check
> the documentation I have there. I can e-mail you drivers if you want to
> try them.

Sorry the mailserver for my mailaddres that i used is down. Please post any
mail to: freecrac dot web dot de
thanks.

>>> ***   I use those same drivers under DR-DOS 7.03 and they work fine. I can
>>> both read and write from/to any of my three flash drives. They are:
>>>
>>>  16 Mb Verbatim "FlashDisc"
>>> 500 Mb SanDisk "Cruzer Micro"
>>>   2 Gb Kingston "Data Traveler"
>
>> Which mainboard do you use?
>
> ***   As I said, each is different and I have no idea which models
> are being used without opening cases, something I am not willing to take
> the time to do right now.  (-:

Ok.

>>>    I suggest that you reformat your flash drive with the DOS "FORMAT"
>>> command to see if you can then write to the drive.
>
>> My new 2GB-stick is formated with FAT16, such as it comes from my shop.
>> With Windows98SE/2K i have no problems to read or write to the stick.
>
> ***   OK. Then, was it Rod that could not write to his flash drive?

Yes.

>> It is possible that a formatation-process goes wrong, without showing
>> an error?
>
> ***   I can't answer for Windows (I have not used it since 1999), but
> under DOS, "FORMAT" should give errors if it is not successful. I guess
> though, it could *think* it has been successful, but in reality, the drive
> might not be formatted properly.

Uff.

Dirk
0
Dirk
9/11/2008 7:07:41 AM
Dirk Wolfgang Glomp (dirk@freecrac.dyndns.org) wrote:

> Am Wed, 10 Sep 2008 23:21:14 +0000 (UTC) schrieb Richard Bonner:
> > Do your drivers load? If so, do they scan the flash drive - that is,
> > does the indicator on the drive blink during driver load? Try turning on
> > "Verbose" mode to see what is happening as the drivers load.

> My Epox-Bios includes in the bootfirst-list a USB-Floppy selection and when
> i point this to boot first, the booting fails also like every other choice,

***   Then you either don't have system files on your flash drive, or it
is not recognised by the system. The boot sequence happens before DOS is
loaded, so your drivers are not an issue at that point.

> but just before the DOS is booting from the floppi-disk(1.4MB; as the
> second boot device) the Bios schows this massage:
> USB Storage Device: Flash Drive AU_USB20 8.07.

***   OK. DOS recognises your flash drive.

> Now the DOS is booting from the floppy-disk(1.4MB) and the stick-led is
> blinking in a very short interval for five or six times and than the led is
> uninterupted light on.

***   So far so good.

> After himem.sys and emm386.exe ist starting, the ASPI driver try to load:
> ASPI DISK DRIVER for DOS Version 4.01b Copyright...

> Unable to open ASPI Manager!
> ASPIDISK.SYS is not installed.

> No blinking occur in this time.

***   This sounds as if the ASPI driver is incorrect.

> I added /V behind the device instruction, but without any other result.

***   Does your documentation show that `/V' is a valid switch?

   Try another driver such as "USBASPI.SYS". Here are the lines from my
"USB" CONFIG.sys:

DEVICEHIGH C:\SYSTEM\USB\USBASPI.SYS /v /w
DEVICEHIGH C:\SYSTEM\USB\DI1000DD.SYS /DF

> >    You might check to see if your CMOS has USB functions. One of them
> > might be interferring.

> There are only choices to enable/disable an USB-Mouse and an USB-Keyboard
> and if the USB get an own IRQ or not and how many USB devices(one or two)
> i want to enable and in the bootfirst-list: USB-ZIP, USB-Floppy,
> USB-Harddrive and USB-CD, thats all.

***   OK. Be sure that "USB" is disabled in the CMOS and try loading the
drivers I suggest. Be aware that USB CD-ROM drives require different
drivers.

> > I can e-mail you drivers if you want to try them.

> Sorry the mailserver for my mailaddres that i used is down. Please post any
> mail to: freecrac dot web dot de
> thanks.
>
> Dirk

***   I shall send the driver .zip package later this morning. Be aware
that if your mail server rejects .zip files, that I can't resend until
Monday as I leave for New Brunswick today.

         Richard Bonner
http://www.chebucto.ca/~ak621/DOS/
0
ak621
9/12/2008 11:20:41 AM
Am Fri, 12 Sep 2008 11:20:41 +0000 (UTC) schrieb Richard Bonner:

> Dirk Wolfgang Glomp (dirk@freecrac.dyndns.org) wrote:
>
>> Am Wed, 10 Sep 2008 23:21:14 +0000 (UTC) schrieb Richard Bonner:
>>> Do your drivers load? If so, do they scan the flash drive - that is,
>>> does the indicator on the drive blink during driver load? Try turning on
>>> "Verbose" mode to see what is happening as the drivers load.
>
>> My Epox-Bios includes in the bootfirst-list a USB-Floppy selection and when
>> i point this to boot first, the booting fails also like every other choice,
>
> ***   Then you either don't have system files on your flash drive, or it
> is not recognised by the system.

My Elitegroup K7S5A-Pro(SIS735) can boot the DOS7 from this stick.

> The boot sequence happens before DOS is
> loaded, so your drivers are not an issue at that point.

Yes.

>> but just before the DOS is booting from the floppi-disk(1.4MB; as the
>> second boot device) the Bios schows this massage:
>> USB Storage Device: Flash Drive AU_USB20 8.07.
>
> ***   OK. DOS recognises your flash drive.

But i can�t boot and all DOS driver fails.

>> Now the DOS is booting from the floppy-disk(1.4MB) and the stick-led is
>> blinking in a very short interval for five or six times and than the led is
>> uninterupted light on.
>
> ***   So far so good.
>

>> After himem.sys and emm386.exe ist starting, the ASPI driver try to load:
>> ASPI DISK DRIVER for DOS Version 4.01b Copyright...
>
>> Unable to open ASPI Manager!
>> ASPIDISK.SYS is not installed.
>
>> No blinking occur in this time.
>
> ***   This sounds as if the ASPI driver is incorrect.

Maybe.

>> I added /V behind the device instruction, but without any other result.
>
> ***   Does your documentation show that `/V' is a valid switch?

No.

http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/speed/scsi/dos/dosdrvr_exe.htm
dosdrvr.exe -> Readme.txt

2.)  Install the driver for the removable disk device, ASPIDISK.SYS using
the following
        syntax
        Device=[drive:][path]ASPIDISK.SYS

>    Try another driver such as "USBASPI.SYS". Here are the lines from my
> "USB" CONFIG.sys:

I already test this driver too.

> DEVICEHIGH C:\SYSTEM\USB\USBASPI.SYS /v /w
> DEVICEHIGH C:\SYSTEM\USB\DI1000DD.SYS /DF

mhairudos.zip
http://www.stefan2000.com/darkehorse/PC/DOS/Drivers/USB/

---------------------

Also this driver:

dosusb.zip
http://www.georgpotthast.de/usb/

devicehigh=Usbdisk.sys
devicehigh=Di1000dd.sys /dr

Dosusb.com

With USBVIEW i can get some information about the stick, like the serial
number.....

When i switch to the drice an error occur with abort, retry, ignore.

>>>    You might check to see if your CMOS has USB functions. One of them
>>> might be interferring.
>
>> There are only choices to enable/disable an USB-Mouse and an USB-Keyboard
>> and if the USB get an own IRQ or not and how many USB devices(one or two)
>> i want to enable and in the bootfirst-list: USB-ZIP, USB-Floppy,
>> USB-Harddrive and USB-CD, thats all.
>
> ***   OK. Be sure that "USB" is disabled in the CMOS and try loading the
> drivers I suggest. Be aware that USB CD-ROM drives require different
> drivers.

The USB-CD-Rom driver i never test.

>>> I can e-mail you drivers if you want to try them.
>
>> Sorry the mailserver for my mailaddres that i used is down. Please post any
>> mail to: freecrac dot web dot de
>> thanks.
>>
>> Dirk
>
> ***   I shall send the driver .zip package later this morning. Be aware
> that if your mail server rejects .zip files, that I can't resend until
> Monday as I leave for New Brunswick today.

OK, thanks.

Dirk
0
Dirk
9/12/2008 9:08:47 PM
Dirk Wolfgang Glomp (dirk@freecrac.dyndns.org) wrote:

> Sorry the mailserver for my mailaddres that i used is down. Please post
> any mail to: freecrac dot web dot de thanks.

***   All I get is a "Cannot Connect to Remote Host" error message.
Please e-mail me with your address. My gig in New Brunswick was postponed
due to weather so I will be home this weekend.

         Richard Bonner
http://www.chebucto.ca/~ak621/DOS/

0
ak621
9/13/2008 12:16:00 AM
Am Sat, 13 Sep 2008 00:16:00 +0000 (UTC) schrieb Richard Bonner:

> Dirk Wolfgang Glomp (dirk@freecrac.dyndns.org) wrote:
>
>> Sorry the mailserver for my mailaddres that i used is down. Please post
>> any mail to: freecrac dot web dot de thanks.
>
> ***   All I get is a "Cannot Connect to Remote Host" error message.
> Please e-mail me with your address. My gig in New Brunswick was postponed
> due to weather so I will be home this weekend.

Ups my mistake, try
freecrac @ web dot de
The other one isn�t a mail addres.

Dirk
0
Dirk
9/13/2008 5:18:47 AM
Dirk Wolfgang Glomp (dirk@freecrac.dyndns.org) wrote:
> Am Fri, 12 Sep 2008 11:20:41 +0000 (UTC) schrieb Richard Bonner:

> > Dirk Wolfgang Glomp (dirk@freecrac.dyndns.org) wrote:

> > Richard said:
> > ***   Then you either don't have system files on your flash drive, or it
> > is not recognised by the system.

> My Elitegroup K7S5A-Pro(SIS735) can boot the DOS7 from this stick.

***   OK, so the flash drive and DOS system files are functioning.

> >> but just before the DOS is booting from the floppi-disk(1.4MB; as the
> >> second boot device) the Bios schows this massage:
> >> USB Storage Device: Flash Drive AU_USB20 8.07.
> >
> > ***   OK. DOS recognises your flash drive.

> But i can�t boot and all DOS driver fails.

***   I would say it has to be the ASPI manager.

> >> After himem.sys and emm386.exe ist starting, the ASPI driver try to load:
> >> ASPI DISK DRIVER for DOS Version 4.01b Copyright...
> >
> >> Unable to open ASPI Manager!
> >> ASPIDISK.SYS is not installed.
> >
> >> No blinking occur in this time.
> >
> > ***   This sounds as if the ASPI driver is incorrect.

> Maybe.

> >    Try another driver such as "USBASPI.SYS".

> I already test this driver too.
> Also this driver:

> dosusb.zip
> http://www.georgpotthast.de/usb/

> devicehigh=Usbdisk.sys
> devicehigh=Di1000dd.sys /dr

> Dosusb.com

> With USBVIEW i can get some information about the stick, like the serial
> number.....

> When i switch to the drive an error occur with abort, retry, ignore.

***   That is because DOS does not see the USB drive letter as valid.

   So it appears that DOS recognises the USB device but nothing beyond
that. I have a similar problem wit my HP Pavilion laptop. It says the
drivers are missing or corrupted. I finally figured out that I can fool
the laptop by loading the drivers from a floppy disc instead of the hard
drive. After that, all is well.

         Richard Bonner
http://www.chebucto.ca/~ak621/DOS/
0
ak621
9/13/2008 11:59:08 PM
Am Sat, 13 Sep 2008 23:59:08 +0000 (UTC) schrieb Richard Bonner:
> So it appears that DOS recognises the USB device but nothing beyond
> that. I have a similar problem wit my HP Pavilion laptop. It says the
> drivers are missing or corrupted. I finally figured out that I can fool
> the laptop by loading the drivers from a floppy disc instead of the hard
> drive. After that, all is well.

In this moment i havn�t any FAT16/32 patition on this Epox mainbord,
i do all the test with booting from a floppy disc.

Dirk
0
Dirk