http://LongPathTool.com - LONG PATH Tool - Windows tool to copy or delete files and folders with path too long error Windows tool to copy or delete files and folders with path too long or filename

http://LongPathTool.com - LONG PATH Tool - Windows tool to copy or
delete files and folders with path too long error

Windows tool to copy or delete files and folders with path too long
or
filename too long error. Just browse to the file and press a button
copy or detele it, thats it! The application solves the problem with
inability to copy and delete files and folders with long paths in
Explorer. They could be created by virus/adware/Mac OS/other
software.
Normally one can't access such files under Windows and therefore
can't
copy or delete them either. Clean up files.
Alows to copy and delete files that has path longer then 260
characters.
Alows to copy and delete files that has trailing spaces or trailing
dots in its name.
If you have ever received a message from Windows like
Cannot delete file: Access is denied
There has been a sharing violation.
The source or destination file may be in use.
The file is in use by another program or user.
Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file
is
not currently in use.
Error Deleting File or Folder
Cannot delete file or folder The file name you specified is not valid
or too long. Specify a different file name.
when you tried to delete, move or rename a file, then this program
will be helpful. Path Too Long Utility identifies the processes
(running programs) that have locked that file, preventing it from
being deleted, moved or renamed.
Recent changes:
Demonstration of deletion of path too long
Copying files and folders omiting File name too long error
Delete files from mapped network drives
Lists the files and paths which have file path more than 200
characters long
Delete files after reboot
Vista administrator support
Vista mapped disks support

http://DuplicateFilesDeleter.com - find and delete duplicate files

http://LongPathTool.com - LONG PATH Tool - Windows tool to copy or
delete files and folders with path too long error
0
dan
5/6/2011 7:43:21 AM
comp.os.netware.misc 477 articles. 0 followers. HulloSon (3) is leader. Post Follow

How to set path for .M files. How to include, and verify a file in the MATLAB path. In other words I wish to learn how to setup the path for .M file in MATLAB path? Thanks.
undefined ...

How to set path for .M files. How to include, and verify a file in the MATLAB path. In other words I wish to learn how to setup the path for .M file in MATLAB path? Thanks. #2
undefined ...

is it possible to use \verbatiminput{file} where file is absolute path? and not in the current folder?
Hello; I have to use \verbatiminput{file} to read in file. I know I can use other packages (listings.sty), but I have to use this command. Reason below at end of this message. The problem is that \verbatiminput{foo.m} works, when foo.m is a file in the same folder as the latex file. But if I write, say \verbatiminput{/cygdrive/g/foo.m} then it does not read the file. i.e. if I use absolute path. I get error No file </cygdrive/g/foo.m.tex> for verbatim input. (it thinks it is a tex file now?) not knowing much latex, I was wondering if it is possible to change ...

os.path.walk() to get full path of all files
My goal is create a list of absolute paths for all files in a given directory (any number of levels deep). root ----dir1 --------file1 --------file2 --------dir2 ------------file3 --------dir3 -------------dir4 ------------------file4 ----file5 So the above would return: [root/dir1/file1, root/dir1/file2, root/dir1/dir2/file3, etc...] I've been trying different ways of using os.path.walk() for that, but I can't find an elegant way. Anyone know of something simple to accomplish that? On 16.03.2011 20:41, dude wrote: > My goal is create a list of absolute paths for all files in a...

http://LongPathTool.com
http://LongPathTool.com - Path Too Deep fixer Do you have error messages?, like : Path too long. Error cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk Cannot delete file: Access is denied There has been a sharing violation. Cannot delete file or folder The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different file name. The source or destination file may be in use. The file is in use by another program or user. Error Deleting File or Folder Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use. Error Copying File or Folder. Cannot remove folder. The filename or extension is too long. Path too deep. Destination Path Too Long. Could not find this item. Filename is not valid. The file could not be accessed. The path you entered, is too long. Enter a shorter path. File Name could not be found. Check the spelling of the filename, and verify that the file location is correct. If yes, Long Path Tool will be helpful for you. Fix filename too long, filename is too long and path too long problems forever. http://LongPathTool.com - Path Too Deep fixer ...

[...]

delete file with space in path
Hello everybody, when I want to delete a File and in the Path e.g. is a Space it doesn't work. How can I delete it? path = 'C:\bla\bla bla\file.txt'; delete(path); Thanks for Help Hideki "Hideki" <anis76@xxxxxxxxxxgmx.net> wrote in message news:ef14526.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP... > Hello everybody, > > when I want to delete a File and in the Path e.g. is a Space it > doesn't work. How can I delete it? > > path = 'C:\bla\bla bla\file.txt'; > delete(path); > > Thanks for Help > > Hideki In Windows, force double quotes ar...

BUG #1269: Copy To Gives Relative path error when explicit path given.
The following bug has been logged online: Bug reference: 1269 Logged by: William Mayhew Email address: wmayhew3@hotmail.com PostgreSQL version: 8.0 Beta Operating system: WIN 2000 Professional Description: Copy To Gives Relative path error when explicit path given. Details: I just installed the 8.0 Beta version I downloaded last night and created a test database today entitled 'testdb'. All file systems on my PC are NTFS. I logged onto the 'testdb' database via the Windows command prompt, using psql. Immediat...

Not a Path and path to string to path conversion
Wiring a Not a Path constant to Path to String and wiring that to String to Path gives a valid path containing the text "&lt;Not a Path&gt;". I found that very unexpected. Is this intentional? If so, is there any string that can be converted to a path data type that is an actual Not a Path? It seems to happen in 7.1, 8.0, and 8.20. NotAPath.png: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/247943/1/NotAPath.png NotAPath.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/247943/2/NotAPath.vi I agree that this behavior is confusing. The important thing to note here is that the Not a N...

Open folder, read file, close file, open new folder, read file close file etc....
Hello, My current directory has several folders within it. Each folder has the same type of file within it. How do i go from the current directory, into one of the folders, edit the file, then come out of the folder, then go into another folder, edit a file then come out of the folder then into a new one etc etc etc. If this does not make sense i apologise and will try to explain my problem a little better. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers, Phil Phil: I'm not sure it makes sense. Personally I use the mouse and keyboard for doing this. Were you thinking of something else?...

Need program/tool to copy files to subdirectories
Anyone know of a program that can help me with this? Every month I get a cd of monthly statements for say 100 accounts. This gets copied onto my hard drive to subdirectories that have no use to me and do not allow me to easily find the statements. The statements are named by account number. Is there any program that would allow me to make a list of the account numbers and associate that with a person's subdirectory and automatically have a copy of that file taken to that subdirectory (i.e., Jane Doe's subirectory)? Thanks if any offers any help or even thinks about it. Doug Y...

Bash: strip file path and file extension from a file name in a $string?
It appears that Bash supports stripping a match of $substring from $string from the front and from the back of $string through the following commands: ${string#substring} ${string%substring} Yet, it doesn't appear that it is possible to simultaneously strip a couple of substrings from the front and from the back of a string, which is a bit of a problem if a user intends to strip the path and file extension from a file listing. Nonetheless, this is certainly possible. So, is it possible to strip both the path and the file extension from a file? If so, can anyone prov...

File Path Error?
Hi, I''ve got 2 Access databases that are linked. When I attempt to access the Front-End database (WHLD, D = Development) I get one of the following errors: 'C:\Documents and Settings\jmarruff.IDPH\Desktop\WHLPData.mdb' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path is spelled correctly and that you are coonected to the server on which the file resides. 'WHLPData.mdb' is the Back-End database containing only tables and data/values in these tables. What is also strange is that 'WHLPData.mdb' is mentioned in the error. That is, why is it mentioning the Producti...

problem with the path tool
Hey again! I just went completely round a face to cut it out with the path tool. The problem is that I seem to have messed up somewhere because I have a line (part of the path) that goes straight through the face and back again. If I have 100 nodes for example, there is a jump from 60 to 100 and then the nodes are followed "backwards" over 99, 98, 97 etc. to 61. And then there is a gap. I'm not sure if I actually did that (which I couldn't really explain since node 60 and 100 are nowhere near each other) or if this happened when I clicked "Selection from Path", which of course was the ultimate goal. One solution would be to remove all the nodes from 100 to 61 and retrace everything. This however is a lot of work (which wouldn't be a problem though) and if this was some mistake that happened when I converted the path into a selection, it would probably happen again. NOTE: I closed the path as well as I could by dragging the last node over the first one. I did notice that there are some "holes" in the path, meaning that there is no line (path) between two nodes that *should* be connected (because that is what I wanted and because they are directly beside one another). I can imagine me messing up somewhere along the way but the two nodes that seem to come after each-other are so far apart that I find is hard to believe. I certainly didn't jump from the chin to the top of the head when setting the nodes. Is there some way to reat...

include path tool?
Is there a free utility out there (Win32 or Linux) that will: recursively read thru your source code tree and output paths where it found any .h or .hpp files thanks In article <r6blc.22108$Xj6.369164@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, "Mark T" <mt@nospam.com> wrote: > Is there a free utility out there (Win32 or Linux) that will: > > recursively read thru your source code tree and output paths where it > found any .h or .hpp files to the comand line: cd mySourceRootDirectory find . -name "*.h" -o -name "*.hpp" -print In ar...

perforce: any tool to copy checkouts + changed files between workspaces?
As part of code reviews, I like to use multiple perforce workspaces. If I have to wait for a code review, I stop working in the perforce workspace that has the under-review changes (workspace-1), and start my next bug fix or feature enhancement in a different perforce workspace (workspace-2). Sometimes it is useful to copy my checkouts + changed files from workspace-1 to workspace-2. Does anybody know of any tools that can make the copying of changes between perforce workspaces trivial? There are two steps to this process: 1) within workspace-2, first check out all of the f...

"Error Deleting File or Folder" message
When I try to delete a folder that contains VIs, I get the following error message: &nbsp; Error Deleting File or Folder: Cannot delete COMPAR~2.VI: Cannot find the specified file.&nbsp;Make sure you specify the correct path and filename. &nbsp; When I try to open the VIs, they won't open in LabVIEW either and nothing happens.&nbsp; But the VIs are there.&nbsp; I think the VIs are corrupted.&nbsp; How can I delete those VIs?&nbsp; Thanks in advance for your advice. &nbsp; ScatJay ...

Error 3045 Could not use <db file path> File already in use
I'm getting the above error message at the line 'Set db = ...' in the following code (which is called from the autoexec macro before anything else happens). Dim ws as Workspace, db as DAO.Database set ws = Workspaces(0) set db = Currentdb If I remove the 'set ws = ...' line, then the message doesn't appear. But I need the ws for a transactions routine which follows in the same function. I've tried various options for 'set db = ' but with no success. I'm using similar code throughout the database without a problem. Can anyone help? --...

error 'open file with file path'... i would like dialog and come back..
Hi Guys, &nbsp; I would like to put any dialog when i pull any bottom, which directly execute opening diferents files from path... but certains files doesnt exist with this extension... Therefore i would like when i push bottom and try open the files, when it doesnt find the name from path,&nbsp;show any dialog window telling ' the file doesnt exist' and push ok, and come back to the main window ... closing the current little window... &nbsp; I attached one picture. &nbsp; Another problem, if when i save one file test from numbers on columns, certain values are higher t...

After write TDMS file, I close the storage ref (file), then I delete the file in program, error occured:File already open. How to solve it?
I want to delete channel groups in TDMS file, but the delete storage VI doesn't work, so I need to copy the needed datas to another file, and then delete the orignal file. The error occured&nbsp; when I deleted the orignal file, the prompt was: File already open. But I examined my program and I had used the colse storage VI to close the storage ref(file), the ref closed&nbsp;was&nbsp;equal to the ref open. How to solve it? &nbsp; Thanks for your reply! Untitled 1.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/266602/1/Untitled 1.vi The file connections are refcounted, so it...

ERROR: Permanent copy of file WORK.ZFMMEM.UTILITY was deleted.
Hi, friends, Sometimes when I initiate SAS or run some programs there is sunch an ERROR message in the log: ERROR: Permanent copy of file WORK.ZFMMEM.UTILITY was deleted. What does that mean? How to debug that? Thanks ...

How to get folder name alone given complete file path ??
Hi all, How do i get the folder name alone given the complete path name of the file. i.e input ==> /usr/src/linux/file.tar.gz output ===> /usr/src/linux Regards, Sarathy In comp.os.linux.misc sarathy <sps.sarathy@gmail.com>: > Hi all, > How do i get the folder name alone given the complete > path name of the file. > i.e > input ==> /usr/src/linux/file.tar.gz > output ===> /usr/src/linux Unsure what "folders" you are talking about? However, 'man dirname' should have answer you are looking for. Good lu...

Web resources about - http://LongPathTool.com - LONG PATH Tool - Windows tool to copy or delete files and folders with path too long error Windows tool to copy or delete files and folders with path too long or filename - comp.os.netware.misc