IBM Releases Updated OS/2 Enhanced IDE Support

For Passport Advantage customers only:

 OS/2 Enhanced IDE Support (IDEDASD) for Convenience Pack (Warp 4.52)
and Warp Server for e-business   2005-11-29

http://www.ibm.com/products/finder/us/en/finders?Nty=1&collectionN=4294967280&Ntt=os2&oldC1=5000998&Ntk=text_gensearch&C2=5001137&prevsearch=os2ddpak&C1=5000998&collection=dblue&lc=en&finderN=1000100&N=5001137&cc=US&pg=ddfinder&sid=072300861101433336048&Ne=5000000&tmpl=%2Fproducts%2Ffinder%2Fus%2Fen%2Ffinders&Ns=P_ModDate%7C1&x=2&y=17

0
os2guy (1753)
12/1/2005 8:06:59 PM
comp.os.os2.advocacy 1530 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

If you had looked at it, you would realize that only the date has
changed, not the code.

--
Chuck McKinnis
mckinnis@sandia.net
Chuck McKinnis wrote:
> If you had looked at it, you would realize that only the date has
> changed, not the code.

I downloaded it and the ibm1s506.add bldlevel in the newest version is
at 10.161 with a file date of 17 November 2005.  The previous version
that I had from IBM had a bldlevel of 10.152 and a file date of 3
January 2005.  So...the driver was updated and this is possibly the last
OS/2 driver that IBM will ever do.

> On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 20:06:59 UTC, " The OS/2 Guy " <os2guy@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>>For Passport Advantage customers only:
>>
>> OS/2 Enhanced IDE Support (IDEDASD) for Convenience Pack (Warp 4.52)
>>and Warp Server for e-business   2005-11-29
>>
>>http://www.ibm.com/products/finder/us/en/finders?Nty=1&collectionN=4294967280&Ntt=os2&oldC1=5000998&Ntk=text_gensearch&C2=5001137&prevsearch=os2ddpak&C1=5000998&collection=dblue&lc=en&finderN=1000100&N=5001137&cc=US&pg=ddfinder&sid=072300861101433336048&Ne=5000000&tmpl=%2Fproducts%2Ffinder%2Fus%2Fen%2Ffinders&Ns=P_ModDate%7C1&x=2&y=17

--
Posted with OS/2 Warp 4.52
and IBM Web Browser v2.0.5
Chuck McKinnis wrote:
> If you had looked at it, you would realize that only the date has
> changed, not the code.

Well, lessee ... OS/2 World is announcing it.  OS/2 News & Rumors is
announcing it.  OS/2 BBS is announcing it.  Perhaps you should alert
them too.

And while you're here Chuck, why not explain a few things to us all
regarding eCS?

For instance, why does eCS take three times as long to boot up when
compared with Warp 4.52?  Why on earth does eCS require a 128-digit
registration code be supplied each and every time a user needs to
adjust or setup a hard disk prior to installation?  Why do eCS
communications run slower than Warp 4.52?  Why was the stop watch
removed from the eCenter?  Why was the File Finder removed from the
eCenter?  Why was the date removed from the eCenter?  Why is there no
"small icon" option for use in eCS?  Why won't vio windows remain as
placed?  Why doesn't migration work?  Why is the eCS Luser *forced* to
perform a new install?

BIG QUESTION and an IMPORTANT QUESTION:  why does eCS (v1.2r)
continually freeze without warning forcing a reboot along with another
ten minute wait for eCS to boot up?

Why does XWorkplace remove/replace the eCenter?  Why won't eCS use the
same alternate monitor settings as Warp 4.52 (in other words, why is an
eCS Luser forced to repoint eCS to use an alternate monitor each time
it is booted - unlike Warp 4.52 which remembers to use the alternate
monitor)?

Why is eCS so damn ugly?  Why doesn't the eCS installation program
offer the option of installing eCS ALONGSIDE a Microsoft operating
system for dual booting?

Why does Warp 4.52 run better and with more stability than eCS v1.2r?

All of the above complaints have been posted publicly by eCS Lusers in
various eCS forums and all have been (pretty much) ignored.

Now won't you take the time to respond to them since you have enough
time to whine about a re-released OS/2 file from IBM?

Thanks, we're all waiting to hear your responses.

email:  OS2Guy@Gmail.com OR eCSGuy@Gmail.com

0
os2guy (1753)
12/2/2005 7:13:16 PM
� The OS/2 Guy � wrote:

> Well, lessee ... OS/2 World is announcing it.  OS/2 News & Rumors is
> announcing it.  OS/2 BBS is announcing it.

I assume at least one of those last two is me.  I have *not* announced
it yet, since it was released after my last update.

Perhaps Chuck was referring to the Java 1.3.1 update as not having
really changed - anyone care to verify that (I don't feel like
downloading a large package that I'm not going to use)?
0
spamsux7650 (299)
12/3/2005 4:21:09 AM
Steve ..

Steve Wendt wrote:

> � The OS/2 Guy � wrote:
>
>> Well, lessee ... OS/2 World is announcing it.  OS/2 News & Rumors is
>> announcing it.  OS/2 BBS is announcing it.
>

> I assume at least one of those last two is me.  I have *not* announced
> it yet, since it was released after my last update.
>
> Perhaps Chuck was referring to the Java 1.3.1 update as not having
> really changed - anyone care to verify that (I don't feel like
> downloading a large package that I'm not going to use)?

I could be very wrong, but MOZ 1.7.13 newsgroup operations with Java
enabled and using this latest refresh, as opposed to the SR8 release
seem faster as to handling the updates when you plonk the news server
for them.   There is a small number of bytes different between the SR8
and SR9 release in total archive size.  I've got a number of boxes in
test with both the IBM J131 and Innotek java.  There have been no
problems seen in upgrading here.  And this 'feeling' extends across all
the test suite so far ..   The effect seems the same in the IBM latest
IWB as well.

FWIW ..

--

--> Sleep well; OS2's still awake! ;)

Mike Luther
0
mike.luther (138)
12/3/2005 6:26:15 AM
Steve Wendt wrote:
> =A9 The OS/2 Guy =A9 wrote:
>
> > Well, lessee ... OS/2 World is announcing it.  OS/2 News & Rumors is
> > announcing it.  OS/2 BBS is announcing it.
>
> I assume at least one of those last two is me.  I have *not* announced
> it yet,

Let's hope you don't make the same mistake Chuck has that you applaud
IBM on their continued support of OS/2.  A nod to David T. Johnson for
verifying the update would also be appropriate.

> Perhaps Chuck was referring to the Java 1.3.1 update as not having
> really changed - anyone care to verify that (I don't feel like
> downloading a large package that I'm not going to use)?

There is no reason to think it hasn't been improved.

What's Chuck's response shows us all is how petty the eCS inner circle
have really become.  Marty (Amadeo) claimed the updates were already
available on the eCS website.  Chuck's response also verifies the
updates are not available on the eCS website because it would have to
be Chuck, the volunteer, who would be required to test and work the
updates into the eCS product via the Maintenance Tool.

You'll note Marty has never come back to prove his claim.  And Chuck
has gone "mum" over the bevy of public complaints against eCS v1.2R
posted by eCS Lusers  themselves.

So let me caution those who have been led to believe through a lot of
phony hype how great eCS v1.2 Refresh is.

It isn't great at all.  It isn't even good.  It is barely useable.  If
you use OS/2 today, especially if you use Warp 4.52 or Warp 4 FP15 or
FP16, then you would be foolish to invest in eCS v1.2 at any level.
Primarily because eCS v1.2 is less of a product then OS/2 Warp 4.52 is
in so many ways it isn't even funny.

What Serenity is doing is 'dummying down' OS/2 Warp 4.52.  St. John has
attempted to "steal" OS/2 Warp 4.52 from IBM by rebranding it as
eComStation and avoiding at every crossroad the mere mention of OS/2.
In his quest to make the IBM product his own, St. John has worked
diligently to remove important well-established OS/2 costmetic and
useful features from OS/2.  The first attempt was to remove the
WarpCenter tho without it, or something to replace it, his eCS Lusers
would have no easy way of navigating around his product.  So he copied
another progammer's product (Xcenter) and added a scaled down buggy
ripoff.  The "eCenter" has no File Finder button, no StopWatch and Date
program or Information button, is bulkier in size compared to the
WarpCenter.  Here's a kicker ...

eCS doesn't come with XWorkplace or ODPro.  There is a reason for this.
 Serenity doesn't want eCS Lusers to use either product.  Serenity
couldn't get approval from Stardock to use ODPro.  They avoid
discussing XWorkplace, even downplay it's installation into eCS.  The
reason is XWorkplace actually replaces the eCenter when installed into
eCS.  Serenity claims the advantage of eCenter over WarpCenter is the
ability to 'add widgets' (little utility programs).  What they don't
tell you is the disadvantage and loss of the WarpCenter.

Here's the nice thing about Warp 4.52 and the WarpCenter.  You can
install XWorplace and have both the WarpCenter AND the XCenter and all
the little widgets you want.

The removal of the WarpCenter is one of the missed features of the OS/2
operating system because of its stability and usefulness.  Serenity has
continued on removing OS/2 historical features and replaced them with
nothing of value.  Now this WarpCenter will mean nothing to someone who
has never used OS/2 but unfortunately for Serenity, 99% of their six
customers are former OS/2 users.  And all five of those eCS Lusers have
complained loudly and repeatedly over the loss of the WarpCenter and
its replacement, the eCenter.

But that's not the only complaint.  With OS/2 Warp 4.52 the OS/2 user
has the option of using "mini" icons on their desktop and througout
their system.  Mini icons are half the size of normal icons (20x20
pixels versus 40x40 pixels). Mini icons lose no clarity in display and
save an enormous amount of screen space.  eCS has no option to use Mini
icons.  The eCS Luser is stuck, at any offered screen resolution, using
the larger icons.

So what, you say?  Well, now we have two important features the OS/2
user has that the eCS Luser doesn't have.  Does it make much of a
difference?  If you're an OS/2 user used to these advantages then
absolutely.  You sit there with your eCS desktop wondering why the hell
those icons take up so damn much space and you have to have a lot more
of them on your desktop because you no longer have a 'file finder',
stop watch or date display which requires you to plant a PMSeek icon
and a big old desktop calendar that requires you to reboot your system
everyday if you want to change the dates.  Forget about a stopwatch
feature.  That's gone with eCS.  Replaced with something much more
important: a freaking WORLD CLOCK so you can check the time in Russia
and China instantly.  Of course, with OS/2 Warp 4.52 you can download
the very same World Clock and install it but it is one of those useless
utility programs that few if any OS/2 user has ever actually benefitted
from.

These are just two of the missing features you'll find with eCS and two
very important reasons why any *real* OS/2 user would never want to
give up his wonderful OS/2 Warp 4.52 operating system.  Every eCS Luser
reading this knows it is the truth - they are either too embarassed to
admit it publicly or too self-centered to believe The Boob has picked
their pockets.

Read my future posts on "what you lose when you become an eCS Luser"
for even more important OS/2 feature losses.

The eCS salesmen are going to tell you whatever you want to hear and
avoid telling you what you need and deserve to hear about their
product.  If you use OS/2 Warp 4.52 or 4.51 today then you have the
best of the best and my advice to you is this: you won't get anything
of value with eCS but you will be losing much value by giving up your
*real* OS/2 operating system.

--
Dr. Timothy Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy=A9
email:  OS2Guy@Gmail.com OR eCSGuy@Gmail.com

0
os2guy (1753)
12/3/2005 7:14:10 AM
� The OS2 Guy � wrote:

> Let's hope you don't make the same mistake Chuck has that you applaud
> IBM on their continued support of OS/2.

I haven't seen such comments from Chuck, but I certainly haven't made
that mistake; I'm well aware of what is happening at IBM.

>> Perhaps Chuck was referring to the Java 1.3.1 update as not having
>> really changed - anyone care to verify that
>
> There is no reason to think it hasn't been improved.

It does look like the last release was "Service Release 8," so I guess
it has changed.

> Marty (Amadeo) claimed the updates were already
> available on the eCS website.

I believe he said that about the new Java updates.  I just checked, and
they do seem to be there.  The new idedasd is not, though...

> updates are not available on the eCS website because it would have to
> be Chuck, the volunteer, who would be required to test and work the
> updates into the eCS product via the Maintenance Tool.

.... because of this fact, I suppose.

> he copied another progammer's product (Xcenter) and added a scaled down buggy
> ripoff.  The "eCenter" has no File Finder button, no StopWatch and Date
> program or Information button,

It wasn't copied, it was made by the same author, and still comes from
the same codebase.  There's plenty of widgets available for it:
http://xcenter.os2usr.org/

> Read my future posts on "what you lose when you become an eCS Luser"
> for even more important OS/2 feature losses.

I'm sure we will all find it very amus... err... informative.  ;)
0
spamsux7650 (299)
12/3/2005 11:47:28 AM
Mike Luther wrote:

> I could be very wrong, but MOZ 1.7.13 newsgroup operations with Java
> enabled and using this latest refresh, as opposed to the SR8 release
> seem faster as to handling the updates when you plonk the news server

So, updating Java makes stuff that never uses Java faster?  ;-)
0
spamsux7650 (299)
12/3/2005 11:48:46 AM
Jeff/Ron/Larry/Sally/Susan/Meng/whoever wrote:
> What's Chuck's response shows us all is how petty the eCS inner circle
> have really become.  Marty (Amadeo) claimed the updates were already
> available on the eCS website.  Chuck's response also verifies the
> updates are not available on the eCS website because it would have to
> be Chuck, the volunteer, who would be required to test and work the
> updates into the eCS product via the Maintenance Tool.
>
> You'll note Marty has never come back to prove his claim.

http://mamodeo.dyndns.org/here_retard.png

Marty
12/3/2005 6:26:20 PM
On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 11:47:28 UTC, Steve Wendt <spamsux@forgetit.org>
wrote:

> > Read my future posts on "what you lose when you become an eCS Luser"
> > for even more important OS/2 feature losses.
>
> I'm sure we will all find it very amus... err... informative.  ;)

That should be interesting. OS/2, itself, is scheuled to die a
horrible death, at the hands of it's creator, in the foreseeable
future. ECS would seem to be the reincarnation, and the hope for a new
life.

I may just have to turn Tim back on, to see how he tries to lie his
way out of that one...

If you don't know what this is all about, please see:

http://tmfaq.servehttp.com/

--
From the eComStation 1.2 of Doug Bissett
doug dot bissett at attglobal dot net

SPAM5575 (378)
12/3/2005 7:14:17 PM
That Steve ..

Steve Wendt wrote:

> Mike Luther wrote:
>
>> I could be very wrong, but MOZ 1.7.13 newsgroup operations with Java
>> enabled and using this latest refresh, as opposed to the SR8 release
>> seem faster as to handling the updates when you plonk the news server
>

> So, updating Java makes stuff that never uses Java faster?  ;-)

May depend on how it uses whatever thread and whatever orchestration
with the CPU even though, grin, it isn't even 'being used', right?  DOS
VDM's don't do much of anything whith those competitive CPU slices, but
without TAME or the like, even a wonderful OS/2 application can go
berserk at certain times, including .. the decision write the .INI files
and on and on.  I note in the Polarbar formum, it's reported that Pbar
is alledged to now be working fine with this SR9.  Wince.

--

--> Sleep well; OS2's still awake! ;)

Mike Luther
0
mike.luther (138)
12/3/2005 7:32:42 PM
Doug Bissett wrote:

> That should be interesting. OS/2, itself, is scheuled to die a
> horrible death, at the hands of it's creator, in the foreseeable
> future. ECS would seem to be the reincarnation, and the hope
> for a new life.

eCS has no future without OS/2 source code and you know
it Doogie.  This inability to admit the truth about the future of
eCS by its own salesmen is the basis for Serenity and eCS
having no credibility.

I notice you ignored the long list of lost OS/2 features now
dogging eCS v1.2R.

Now let's talk about one of the biggest problems with eCS v1.2R
which has been reported repeatedly by five out of six eCS Lusers.
The inability of eCS to run with stability and power.  In other words,
eCS v1.2R continues to crash and freeze without notice, without
reason, or for the slightest reason.  What has Serenity introduced
to kill an errant freeze system program or file?  Why the infamous
"CAD" sequence of buttons.

Instead of a reboot the eCS Luser gets a pop up VIO window
with a list of options, one of which is "kill the PID" and another
"close the application".

Neither of these options work.  In fact, what each does is send
the eCS Luser on a merry-go-round of dropping to black screen,
long pausing and a return to the same damn VIO window.  The
eCS system is frozen like a popsicle and you're left with only
one option: reboot the system.

Okay so you reboot.  eCS takes three times as long as any
OS/2 Warp 4.52 system to recover itself and eventually return
to something useable.  Are these unexplained 'freezes' detrimental?
Of course they are?  No OS/2 Warp 4.52 user with a powerful,
stable, well-advanced operating system should ever consider
giving that up for nothing but eCS lies, phony promises and
ridiculous hype.  If you do then you deserve exactly what you
get - a piece of crap.

eCS is ugly as hell.  You are stuck with a silly "lite" version of
the WarpCenter called 'eCenter' that is entirely unstable and
your desktop and system icons are so big you have to push
them aside just to see your background.

Here's my advice to every current OS/2 user:  An investment
in eCS is a step down from what you are running today.  Do not
be taken in by the eCS salesmen who will tell you anything to
get your hard earned money and avoid telling you the truth about
the eCS product.

Stay tuned for more of my inciteful revelations about the current
eCS v1.2 Refresh product.  The don't call eCS consumers eCS Lusers
for nothing and I'm happy to tell you why.  BTW, you have noticed,
haven't you, why none of these eCS salesmen have come back
to refute my claims or my reviews.  This is because they can't refute
them - in fact some of these eCS salesmen are the very same eCS
Lusers who have repeatedly complained to Serenity/St. John over
the very same problems I have reported here.

What can you expect from them should they respond?  Selective
editing out of any and all revealed problems and little more than
personal attacks, outrageous lies and slanderous statements.

Now you know why eCS Lusers are the biggest loosers around.

email:  OS2Guy@Gmail.com OR eCSGuy@Gmail.com

0
os2guy (1753)
12/3/2005 7:53:37 PM
On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 19:53:37 UTC, "� The OS/2 Guy " <os2guy@gmail.com>
wrote:

: eCS has no future without OS/2 source code and you know
: it Doogie.

So what's happend to your claims that any OS/2 inclusion in eCS was
incidental and due to be swapped for something else? You're beinga
bit inconsistent, aren't you?

Ian

ian.groups (62)
12/3/2005 10:03:46 PM
Marty wrote:
> Jeff/Ron/Larry/Sally/Susan/Meng/whoever wrote:
>=20
>> What's Chuck's response shows us all is how petty the eCS inner circle=

>> have really become.  Marty (Amadeo) claimed the updates were already
>> available on the eCS website.  Chuck's response also verifies the
>> updates are not available on the eCS website because it would have to
>> be Chuck, the volunteer, who would be required to test and work the
>> updates into the eCS product via the Maintenance Tool.
>>
>> You'll note Marty has never come back to prove his claim.
> =20
> http://mamodeo.dyndns.org/here_retard.png

Dr. Martin is right.  His report on the removal of features and the
problems with the refresh of eComStation v1.2 is ignored.
I believe it when he says the reports are ignored because
eComStation users don't want to admit them publicly.

He also said that if you or Chuck did respond it would be
a personal attack and you've shown us all that.  We don't
have to visit the web site to see the picture, your title
is enough to tell us how small-minded you are.

The eCS Guy=A9

0
theecsguy1 (191)
12/4/2005 1:06:02 AM
Son-of-a-gun.  I downloaded it again, and it has been updated.  Should
have it up to www.ecomstation.com fairly quickly.

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 18:54:10 UTC, "David T. Johnson"
<djohnson@isomedia.com> wrote:

> Chuck McKinnis wrote:
> > If you had looked at it, you would realize that only the date has
> > changed, not the code.
>
> I downloaded it and the ibm1s506.add bldlevel in the newest version is
> at 10.161 with a file date of 17 November 2005.  The previous version
> that I had from IBM had a bldlevel of 10.152 and a file date of 3
> January 2005.  So...the driver was updated and this is possibly the last
> OS/2 driver that IBM will ever do.
>

> > On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 20:06:59 UTC, " The OS/2 Guy " <os2guy@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >

> >>For Passport Advantage customers only:
> >>
> >> OS/2 Enhanced IDE Support (IDEDASD) for Convenience Pack (Warp 4.52)
> >>and Warp Server for e-business   2005-11-29
> >>
> >>http://www.ibm.com/products/finder/us/en/finders?Nty=1&collectionN=4294967280&Ntt=os2&oldC1=5000998&Ntk=text_gensearch&C2=5001137&prevsearch=os2ddpak&C1=5000998&collection=dblue&lc=en&finderN=1000100&N=5001137&cc=US&pg=ddfinder&sid=072300861101433336048&Ne=5000000&tmpl=%2Fproducts%2Ffinder%2Fus%2Fen%2Ffinders&Ns=P_ModDate%7C1&x=2&y=17

--
Chuck McKinnis
mckinnis@sandia.net
Covenant Solutions
http://7cities.net/~mckinnis/
0
mckinnis1 (66)
12/4/2005 2:43:29 AM
Congratulations on making my "twit" filter list.

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 07:14:10 UTC, " The OS2 Guy " <os2guy@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> give up his wonderful OS/2 Warp 4.52 operating system.  Every eCS Luser
> reading this knows it is the truth - they are either too embarassed to
> admit it publicly or too self-centered to believe The Boob has picked
> their pockets.
>
> Read my future posts on "what you lose when you become an eCS Luser"
> for even more important OS/2 feature losses.
>
> The eCS salesmen are going to tell you whatever you want to hear and
> avoid telling you what you need and deserve to hear about their
> product.  If you use OS/2 Warp 4.52 or 4.51 today then you have the
> best of the best and my advice to you is this: you won't get anything
> of value with eCS but you will be losing much value by giving up your
> *real* OS/2 operating system.
>
> --
> Dr. Timothy Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy

12/4/2005 2:44:57 AM
Chuck McKinnis wrote:

> Congratulations on making my "twit" filter list.

LOL!  You better fix that damn "twit" filter Chuck.  You've
claimed many times that I'm in it.

People say you're the guy behind the bastardization of
the OEM version of OS/2 found in eComStation.

email:  OS2Guy@Gmail.com OR eCSGuy@Gmail.com

0
os2guy (1753)
12/4/2005 5:20:25 AM
Ian Johnston wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Dec 2005 19:53:37 UTC, "=A9 The OS/2 Guy " <os2guy@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> : eCS has no future without OS/2 source code and you know
> : it Doogie.
>
> So what's happend to your claims that any OS/2 inclusion in eCS was
> incidental and due to be swapped for something else? You're beinga
> bit inconsistent, aren't you?

Incidental?  I never made such a claim.  That's a lie you made up.  The
inclusion of an OEM version of OS/2 in eCS was well calculated.  It was
the only available and naive computer using community whose pockets
could be picked quickly.  Serenity has proven that.

Now tell us all Ian - how is eCS going to expand and grow if Serenity
has absolutely no access to the OS/2 source code?

Go ahead, explain that to all of us here and tell us how Serenity will
somehow quite mysteriously enhance, improve and extend the the OEM OS/2
operating system without being able to touch it's source?

You're pretty stupid, aren't you Ian?  You are so stupid that you don't
realize Serenity has already 'dumbed-down' their OEM version of OS/2 by
removing OS/2 logos, features and programs.  Where's your OS/2
WarpCenter Ian?  And the stopwatch and date program that is available
to all *real* OS/2 users but not to the stupid eCS Luser?  How come
your damn desktop is clogged up with big old ugly looking icons so
large that ten of them hide your desktop background?  Where's the File
Finder now that you no longer have a real OS/2 WarpCenter?

But wait Ian - how come eCS freezes 'on a whim'?  How come eCS takes
three times as long as OS/2 Warp 4.52 to boot up?

Here's another Ian - how come you poor eCS Lusers have to manually
insert a 128-digit registration code over and over when you want to set
up and partition a hard disk prior to eCS installation?

And Ian, how come you're so called fancy dancy installation program
still appears in a silly looking VIO window instead of a nice GUI
promised by LoonyToon Cheung some six years ago.

Oh yeah, where the hell is WiseMachine/WiseManager?  I've looked and
looked throughout eCS v1.2R and if it's there, it's so damn well hidden
that nobody who has ever received the product can find it.  Maybe you
can...

What a dork you are, Ian.

--
Dr. Timothy Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy=A9
email:  OS2Guy@Gmail.com OR eCSGuy@Gmail.com

0
os2guy (1753)
12/4/2005 5:31:14 AM
On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 05:31:14 UTC, "� The OS/2 Guy " <os2guy@gmail.com>
wrote:

: You're pretty stupid, aren't you Ian?

On the contrary.

: You are so stupid that you don't
: realize Serenity has already 'dumbed-down' their OEM version of OS/2 by
: removing OS/2 logos, features and programs.

That would be ignorance, nor stupidity. Confusing the two can be
either.

: Where's your OS/2
: WarpCenter Ian?  And the stopwatch and date program that is available
: to all *real* OS/2 users but not to the stupid eCS Luser?

Why should I care?

: How come
: your damn desktop is clogged up with big old ugly looking icons so
: large that ten of them hide your desktop background?

There are twenty six icons on my desktop as I speak, covering a minute
proportion of my desktop. Do you perhaps still have a 640 * 480 VGA
monitor?

:
: But wait Ian - how come eCS freezes 'on a whim'?  How come eCS takes
: three times as long as OS/2 Warp 4.52 to boot up?

I cannot help your setup problems. Sorry.

: Here's another Ian - how come you poor eCS Lusers have to manually
: insert a 128-digit registration code over and over when you want to set
: up and partition a hard disk prior to eCS installation?

Or grab it off a disk?

: And Ian, how come you're so called fancy dancy installation program
: still appears in a silly looking VIO window instead of a nice GUI
: promised by LoonyToon Cheung some six years ago.

Why should I care what sort of window it's in?

: Oh yeah, where the hell is WiseMachine/WiseManager?

I don't care
:
: What a dork you are, Ian.

Tum te tum

Ian
0
ian.groups (62)
12/4/2005 6:45:07 AM
On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 05:20:25 UTC, "� The OS2 Guy �" <os2guy@gmail.com>
wrote:

: People say you're the guy behind the bastardization of
: the OEM version of OS/2 found in eComStation.

I am delighted to see that you finally accept that eCS contains OS/2.
Shall we all move on now?

Ian

ian.groups (62)
12/4/2005 6:46:22 AM
wrote:

> Serenity has proven that.

So, you're finally acknowledging that Serenity is doing good business
with eCS? Good to hear, but we all knew that a long time.

> What a dork you are, Ian.

Before calling people names, you should first learn how to center text
in a spreadsheet cell, remember?

--
Luc Van Bogaert

Via ProNews/2 & eComStation
http://www.os2world.com/os2ecs
0
Luc
12/4/2005 8:32:47 AM
Hello Ian :-)

Ian Johnston wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 05:31:14 UTC, "=A9 The OS/2 Guy " <os2guy@gmail.com>=
=20
> wrote:
>=20
> : You're pretty stupid, aren't you Ian?=20
>=20
> On the contrary.=20
>=20
> : You are so stupid that you don't
> : realize Serenity has already 'dumbed-down' their OEM version of OS/2 =
by
> : removing OS/2 logos, features and programs.=20
>=20
> That would be ignorance, nor stupidity. Confusing the two can be=20
> either.
>=20
> : Where's your OS/2
> : WarpCenter Ian?  And the stopwatch and date program that is available=

> : to all *real* OS/2 users but not to the stupid eCS Luser?=20
>=20
> Why should I care?

If you have eCS v1.2 (Refresh) and have a strong knowledge of OS/2
then it is an important feature.  If you've never used OS/2 and are new
to eCS then you wouldn't know the importance.  The eCenter lacks
several great features when compared to the WarpCenter.  The eCenter
is just the xCenter (renamed from XWorkplace) and if you like that xCente=
feature you can add it to your OS/'2 system.  Without the WarpCenter
your eComstation is less than OS/2.

> : How come
> : your damn desktop is clogged up with big old ugly looking icons so
> : large that ten of them hide your desktop background?=20
>=20
> There are twenty six icons on my desktop as I speak, covering a minute
> proportion of my desktop. Do you perhaps still have a 640 * 480 VGA=20
> monitor?

In OS/2 Warp 4.52 we have the option of using "mini" icons, which are
the size of 20x20 pixels and are as crisp and clear as the larger
sized icons of 40x40 pixels available in OS/2 and defaulted in eCS.

If you have never used OS/2 and are new to eCS then you wouldn't
know or see the importance.  26-40x40 sized icons takes up a lot
of space no matter what your screen resolution.  26-20x20 sized icons
leaves more room for your desktop background to be seen.  Some
people don't care about a nice looking desktop while others relish
in the beauty of their desktop background.  eCS doesn't offer the
option of "mini" icons and the eCS user is stuck with large and some
say gangly icons.  Without the ability to use "mini" icons your
eComstation is less than OS/2.

> : Where's the File
> : Finder now that you no longer have a real OS/2 WarpCenter?

This has been removed from eComstation's eCenter.  The makers
of eCS would like you to put a shadow of the Seek and Scan program
on your desktop if you want such a feature.  The advantage of the
WarpCenter File Finder was the ability to quickly find a file on your
system.  The Seek and Scan is a second defaulted file finder program
on the OS/2 system and can be added to your WarpCenter or to your
desktop as a "mini" icon if you like it's searching abilities.  File Find=
er
displays an icon of the file searched.  Clicking on the properties option=

gives you indepth info on the file.  Seek and Scan displays the full
path to the found file.  Without the ability to use a built-in File Finde=
on the eCenter in eComstation means you have less then the OS/2
user has in the way of WarpCenter features.

> : But wait Ian - how come eCS freezes 'on a whim'?  How come eCS takes
> : three times as long as OS/2 Warp 4.52 to boot up?
>=20
> I cannot help your setup problems. Sorry.

The complaint of random system freezes has been reported by several
users using eCS v1.2R.  It doesn't matter if you use the easy install met=
hod
or the customized method, eComstation has never been as stable as an
OS/2 Warp 4.52 operating system.  I have experienced the freezing problem=

several times and a full reboot can be expected with a bad program or
function causes the freeze.  There is a feature in eCS that is supposed t=
kill a non-functioning program which should allow the unfreezing of the
system but it does not work.  The freezing is bad enough but each reboot
under eCS takes a very long time to get back to a working desktop.

OS/2 has the WarpCenter application killer (hold down the control key
and select the application list icon on the WarpCenter).  Using that
option allows the OS/2 user to kill or close 99% of all non-functioning
programs or files.  Without the ability to use a functioning application
killer and to have a stable non-freezing system when using eCS
means eCS users have less than the OS/2 user.

> : Here's another Ian - how come you poor eCS Lusers have to manually
> : insert a 128-digit registration code over and over when you want to s=
et
> : up and partition a hard disk prior to eCS installation?
>=20
> Or grab it off a disk?

Without access to a floppy to copy it from you have to insert the long
almost indeciferable registration code manually.  Hardware manufacturers
today no longer supply floppy drives in their computers expecting buyers
to use the CDRom instead.  Laptop users have always been without a
floppy drive.  To 'grab it off a disk' as you instruct means new hardware=

buyers and laptop users will have to purchase a separate floppy drive
just to be able to 'grab it off a disk'.

Prior to installing eCS or OS/2 for that matter there is the ability to=20
partition
your hard drive for specific reasons.  It has always been a wise decision=

to install OS/2 in one partition and your applications, music, movies, et=
in another or separate partitions.

To try and do that under eCS requires you to insert the registration code=

before you can even gain access to the mini-LVM (and quite limited)
under eCS.  Most users have to do this several times before they carve
up their hard drive to the desired needs and wants.  If you are setting
aside the C: drive for a Microsoft operating system it becomes an even
bigger chore and with the limited features of the mini-LVM supplied in
eCS the user is hand-tied.  It may take twice as long to set up the hard
drive in preparation of an eCS installation then it does to actually inst=
all
eCS.

OS/2 users get full access to the hard drive using the full featured LVM
supplied with OS/2 without having to go through the tedious process of
installing a 128-digit registration code.  Without the ability to=20
quickly gain
access to the hard drive and a full functioning LVM the eCS user is getti=
ng
less than the OS/2 user.

> : And Ian, how come you're so called fancy dancy installation program
> : still appears in a silly looking VIO window instead of a nice GUI
> : promised by LoonyToon Cheung some six years ago.
>=20
> Why should I care what sort of window it's in?

The original purpose behind building eComstation was to improve the
OS/2 installation process.  Improvement not only meant to make the
installation process easier and faster but also more appeasing to the
person doing the install.  Microsoft does this pretty well but most peopl=
would say this is because Windows comes pre-installed.  eComstation's
three-phrase installation process still has a way to go especially becaus=
its installation process is manually required, not pre-installed.  The us=
er
has no idea there are three phases, each requiring a reboot, and the
process relies on a knowledge and an experience with how OS/2 installs.
If you've never used or installed OS/2 overcoming the mountain of
hurdles (hard disk partitioning, repeated 128-registration digit insertio=
n,
variety of technical questions, machine forced reboots if it fails to=20
reboot)
are the biggest eCS installation failures.

OS/2's installation process is still quite useable, understandable and
easy to follow.  Even eye-appeasing if you watch it and OS/2's on
screen instructions are mostly straight forward (if the machine doesn't
reboot, reboot it yourself).  OS/2's installation process follows a logic=
al
plan and the only stumble may be during the selection of Internet
setup options (dialup versus broadband) - but as an OS/2 and eCS
user I can say the OS/2 installation process is still much easier and
faster than the eComstation installation process.

Without the ability to quickly gain access to the hard drive and a
full functioning LVM followed by a logical easy to use installation
process the eCS user is getting less than the OS/2 user.

> : Oh yeah, where the hell is WiseMachine/WiseManager? =20
>=20
> I don't care

If you weren't around years ago when eComstation was being
marketed then you shouldn't care because you wouldn't know
what was promised to convince OS/2 users to pre-buy eCS and
fund its further development.  If you were around then you know
there is, today, no such thing as a WiseMachine or WiseManager
in eComstation.

Dr. Martin often refers to this marketing ploy as "bait and switch"
propaganda.  OS/2 users were encouraged to pre-pay, almost
to a frenzy, for the research and development of eComstation
with promises of new fixes, drivers, features, programs, special
enhancements and additional addons.  Almost every OS/2 user
has been "scammed" by an unscrupulous OS/2 vendor by paying
upfront for a promised program or upgrade.  Many did this on
fear and faith.  Fear of the loss of their OS/2 investment if they
refused to pre-pay and faith in those who made the promises
even though they had to agree with the premise that if the
product or upgrade never appear they would not get a refund.

When that has happened to you time and again, especially when
you are a die-hard OS/2 advocate, you get very angry and
distrustful.  I think from the beginning Dr. Martin and many other
OS/2 advocates were very distrustful of Serenity and eComstation.
They know what was promised, who was pursuaded, who was
'brain washed' and what the negative effect has been on the OS/2
community.  What they saw (and probably continue to see) is a
one-man pied-paper operation selling 'whatever they need to
hear' promises in order to pull in the money.

If you look at it from that point of few then you can understand
why so many OS/2 users feel eComstation has been a "scam".
I had great hopes for eCS but today feel that if you give up your
OS/2 Warp 4.52 operating system for eCS then you are getting
less then you would have if you just stuck with OS/2 Warp 4.52.

Since IBM is stopping the sale and any further development of
OS/2 soon then the promise that eCS has a future is redundant.
IBM owns and has decided to retain the source code for OS/2
and without access to that source code no developer, whether
it is Serenity or Netlabs or anyone else, can change OS/2 itself.
They can add to it and bundle applications with it but they can't
alter or change OS/2 itself.

Dr. Martin feels Serenity is still using the same "bait and switch"
propaganda.  I have to agree, somewhat, when I see the number
of important features removed from eCS but still present in OS/2
today.  Even though I have eCS v1.2 installed on another partition
I have returned to OS/2 Warp 4.52 because it offers more features
and is more stable and robust.

At least that's how I have seen it go these last couple of years.

The eCS Guy=A9
0
theecsguy1 (191)
12/4/2005 1:55:42 PM
Ian Johnston wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 05:20:25 UTC, "=A9 The OS2 Guy =A9" <os2guy@gmail.co=
m>=20
> wrote:
>=20
> : People say you're the guy behind the bastardization of
> : the OEM version of OS/2 found in eComStation.
>=20
> I am delighted to see that you finally accept that eCS contains OS/2.=20
> Shall we all move on now?
>=20
> Ian

I don't think he says that Ian.  He clearly says "OEM version of OS/2"
not "OS/2".  It's like buying a generic brand verses the original
brand.  The generic brand is never quite as good, and often much
less, than the original brand.

The eCS Guy=A9
0
theecsguy1 (191)
12/4/2005 2:05:17 PM
Ian Johnston wrote:

>On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 05:20:25 UTC, Larry Chauvet <Larry_A._Chauvet@hud.gov <mailto:Larry_A._Chauvet@hud.gov>>
>wrote:
>
>: People say you're the guy behind the bastardization of
>: the OEM version of OS/2 found in eComStation.
>
>I am delighted to see that you finally accept that eCS contains OS/2.
>Shall we all move on now?
>
>Ian

Now that IBM is about to "move on", I think it's long past time that we
all "moved on" from trying to convince Larry that eCS is, in fact, OS/2!

The eCS Guy

0
theecsguy (314)
12/4/2005 3:43:49 PM
Jeff/Ron/Larry/Sally/Susan/Meng/whoever wrote:
> Marty wrote:
>
>> Jeff/Ron/Larry/Sally/Susan/Meng/whoever wrote:
>>
>>> What's Chuck's response shows us all is how petty the eCS inner circle
>>> have really become.  Marty (Amadeo) claimed the updates were already
>>> available on the eCS website.  Chuck's response also verifies the
>>> updates are not available on the eCS website because it would have to
>>> be Chuck, the volunteer, who would be required to test and work the
>>> updates into the eCS product via the Maintenance Tool.
>>>
>>> You'll note Marty has never come back to prove his claim.
>>
>> http://mamodeo.dyndns.org/here_retard.png

Note: no response.  Figures.

Marty
12/4/2005 8:21:56 PM
On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 13:55:42 UTC, The eCS Guy <TheeCSGuy@Gmail.com>
wrote:

> The eCenter lacks several great features when compared to the WarpCenter.

*What* features of WarpCenter are missing in eCenter? I've used both
of them long enough, and there's an eCenter  widget available for just
about every feature if WarpCenter. Check
http://www.os2usr.org/xcenter/

> Without the WarpCenter your eComstation is less than OS/2.

On the contrary, using that same stupid logic, eComStation is much
more than OS/2 considering the amount of extra software that is
available in eCS  but isn't available in OS/2.

> eCS doesn't offer the option of "mini" icons

Sure it does. Get your facts straight or stop this silly discussion.

> > : Where's the File Finder now that you no longer have a real OS/2 WarpCenter?

Which File Finder do you mean : "PMSeek" or "Find objects", both are
still available in eCS. As I said, you should get your facts straight.

> OS/2 has the WarpCenter application killer

eCS has that as well. Check the above URL. It also has a Task
Manager-like tool.

> > : And Ian, how come you're so called fancy dancy installation program

Except for the first few settings at the start of the installation,
the rest of the eCS installation process continues in a GUI
environment. This is no different than in OS/2, except that the eCS
installer GUI is about a billion times better designed than the one in
OS/2.

> If you look at it from that point of few then you can understand
> why so many OS/2 users feel eComstation has been a "scam".

Can you explain why eCS was elected best commercial software of the
year, not one year, not two years, but three or more years in a row?
Certainly not because it's a scam.

> I had great hopes for eCS

I don't think so.

> but today feel that if you give up your
> OS/2 Warp 4.52 operating system for eCS then you are getting
> less then you would have if you just stuck with OS/2 Warp 4.52.

Fine, if that is your opinion try to live with it but stop conducting
silly discussions here about stuff you obviously don't know much
about.

> At least that's how I have seen it go these last couple of years.

You should have your eyes checked :-)

--
Luc Van Bogaert

Via ProNews/2 & eComStation
http://www.os2world.com/os2ecs
0
Luc
12/4/2005 9:10:42 PM
Ian Johnston wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 05:31:14 UTC, "=A9 The OS/2 Guy " <os2guy@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> : You're pretty stupid, aren't you Ian?
>
> On the contrary.

See what I mean?

> : You are so stupid that you don't
> : realize Serenity has already 'dumbed-down' their OEM version of OS/2 by
> : removing OS/2 logos, features and programs.
>
> That would be ignorance, nor stupidity. Confusing the two can be
> either.
>
> : Where's your OS/2
> : WarpCenter Ian?  And the stopwatch and date program that is available
> : to all *real* OS/2 users but not to the stupid eCS Luser?
>
> Why should I care?

Yeah, what do you care that Serenity is ripping off their customers.
You got what you wanted, huh?

> : How come
> : your damn desktop is clogged up with big old ugly looking icons so
> : large that ten of them hide your desktop background?
>
> There are twenty six icons on my desktop as I speak, covering a minute
> proportion of my desktop. Do you perhaps still have a 640 * 480 VGA
> monitor?

All 26 of 'em, huh Ian?  How do you even see your desktop?

> : Where's the File
> : Finder now that you no longer have a real OS/2 WarpCenter?

Note, Ian makes no response.  He didn't even know it was gone
along with the StopWatch, the OS/2 Info button, the Kill App program,
and the daily date display.

Ian is stupid.

> :
> : But wait Ian - how come eCS freezes 'on a whim'?  How come eCS takes
> : three times as long as OS/2 Warp 4.52 to boot up?
>
> I cannot help your setup problems. Sorry.

I'll agree with you here.  *Any* set up of eCS causes system freezes on
a whiml AND takes three times as long to boot up as OS/2 does.

You got a winner there, Ian!

> : Here's another Ian - how come you poor eCS Lusers have to manually
> : insert a 128-digit registration code over and over when you want to set
> : up and partition a hard disk prior to eCS installation?
>
> Or grab it off a disk?

Lessee ... no floppy to grab it from - what CENTURY do you live in,
Ian?

> : And Ian, how come you're so called fancy dancy installation program
> : still appears in a silly looking VIO window instead of a nice GUI
> : promised by LoonyToon Cheung some six years ago.
>
> Why should I care what sort of window it's in?

Yeah, what do you care that Serenity is ripping off their customers.
You got what you wanted, huh?

> : Oh yeah, where the hell is WiseMachine/WiseManager?
>
> I don't care

Yeah, what do you care that Serenity is ripping off their customers.
You got what you wanted, huh?
> :
> : What a dork you are, Ian.
>
> Tum te tum

See what I mean?

email:  OS2Guy@Gmail.com OR eCSGuy@Gmail.com

0
os2guy (1753)
12/4/2005 10:12:30 PM
Ian Johnston wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 05:20:25 UTC, "=A9 The OS2 Guy =A9" <os2guy@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> : People say you're the guy behind the bastardization of
> : the OEM version of OS/2 found in eComStation.
>
> I am delighted to see that you finally accept that eCS contains OS/2.
> Shall we all move on now?

You *do* have a reading comprehenson problem, Ian.  There is
a BIG difference between a *real* OS/2 operating system and
an OEM version of OS/2.  An OS/2 OS is gold.  An OEM version
of OS/2 is fool's gold.

email:  OS2Guy@Gmail.com OR eCSGuy@Gmail.com

0
os2guy (1753)
12/4/2005 10:21:54 PM
� The OS2 Guy � wrote:

> It isn't great at all.  It isn't even good.  It is barely useable.  If
> you use OS/2 today, especially if you use Warp 4.52 or Warp 4 FP15 or
> FP16, then you would be foolish to invest in eCS v1.2 at any level.
> Primarily because eCS v1.2 is less of a product then OS/2 Warp 4.52 is
> in so many ways it isn't even funny.
>
> What Serenity is doing is 'dummying down' OS/2 Warp 4.52.  St. John has
> attempted to "steal" OS/2 Warp 4.52 from IBM by rebranding it as
> eComStation and avoiding at every crossroad the mere mention of OS/2.
> In his quest to make the IBM product his own, St. John has worked
> diligently to remove important well-established OS/2 costmetic and
> useful features from OS/2.  The first attempt was to remove the
> WarpCenter tho without it, or something to replace it, his eCS Lusers
> would have no easy way of navigating around his product.  So he copied
> another progammer's product (Xcenter) and added a scaled down buggy
> ripoff.  The "eCenter" has no File Finder button, no StopWatch and Date
> program or Information button, is bulkier in size compared to the
> WarpCenter.  Here's a kicker ...
>
> eCS doesn't come with XWorkplace or ODPro.  There is a reason for this.
>  Serenity doesn't want eCS Lusers to use either product.  Serenity
> couldn't get approval from Stardock to use ODPro.  They avoid
> discussing XWorkplace, even downplay it's installation into eCS.  The
> reason is XWorkplace actually replaces the eCenter when installed into
> eCS.  Serenity claims the advantage of eCenter over WarpCenter is the
> ability to 'add widgets' (little utility programs).  What they don't
> tell you is the disadvantage and loss of the WarpCenter.

[rest cut]

   I must say that this is the first time for me that I've got something
out of Tim's contribution.  For a long time I could not understand the
noise he has been making.  Consequently I stopped bothering to read any
noise started by him and was irrited by that garbage filling NG lists.

   Having said that I have subscribed to eCS to buy a right to download
updates.  Here in Australia I to say that about 18 months to two years
ago I could no longer get any sense from my previous dealer thru IBM
channels (via Singapore) despite trying quite hard.  In the end I just
gave up and used eCS because that was much easier.

   My system is 4.52 bought thru that previous dealer when the channel
to Singapore was still alive.

   Despite eCS's failings as pointed out (ad nauseum) by Tim, my
attitude is that they still have a place in the sun.  Certainly they can
be criticised (as any company can be) but there is a tone in Tim's
criticism that seems to be suggesting they should commit suicide and
that IBM should continue to be worshipped!  Well apart from certain
(extremely well regarded by us) technologists deep in IBM works it
doesn't deserve any worhip.  It tries to be and was a proxy for
"corporate America" dealing with "real" business, money and Wall St.  It
was after all in the Wall St Journal that carried that infamous article
announced "OS/2 is dead" in 1991.  Wall St, being money orientated, says
don't worry about all that (technological) detail, the question is there
any money in it?  No?  Well then dump OS/2.  That is not absolute but
relative.  If the technology makes _sufficient_ difference then Wall St
will back it but for the rough and ready only-want-to-use-it mentality
of Wall St the attitude was OS/2's "advantages" is only for nerds.
Couple that with IBM's inability to market to non-corporate users made
OS/2 a lame duck.  IBM only knew how to market to big end of town
corporates.

   Perhaps IBM should have "outsourced" marketing to end-users long ago
and history may have been different had they done so.  Despite all that
OS/2 at this point is remarkably healthy and apart from the lack of
momentum that Linux has I think it is still marketable.  It takes
retailing imagination and some people just have it.  eCS could perform
much better.  Can I suggest that they try inviting Michael Robertson to
lead the charge and if willing, see if he can get runs on the board for
OS/2 like he did with Linux in the form of Lindows now Linspire (changed
due to M$'s _vexatious_ litigation).  That idea of course is not without
precedent.  You'll undoubtedly recollect how Apple reinstated Steve Jobs
due to other CEOs who could not make Apple continue to have traction and
how he turned the company around and now we have things called iPods...

   Just some ideas...

--
To reply by e-mail edit this address to the correct form: vbien at
attglobal dot net

0
me4 (19624)
12/4/2005 11:28:33 PM
In <1133734914.359654.290130@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, on 12/04/2005
   at 02:21 PM, "  The OS/2 Guy  " <os2guy@gmail.com> said:

>Ian Johnston wrote:
>> On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 05:20:25 UTC, "  The OS2 Guy  " <os2guy@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> : People say you're the guy behind the bastardization of
>> : the OEM version of OS/2 found in eComStation.
>>
>> I am delighted to see that you finally accept that eCS contains OS/2.
>> Shall we all move on now?

>You *do* have a reading comprehenson problem, Ian.  There is a BIG
>difference between a *real* OS/2 operating system and an OEM version of
>OS/2.  An OS/2 OS is gold.  An OEM version of OS/2 is fool's gold.

Exactly. And that's why there isn't one single ecs enterprise customer
anywhere in the world, and there never will be.

>--
>Dr. Timothy Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
>Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com
>email:  OS2Guy@Gmail.com OR eCSGuy@Gmail.com

0
letoured (1936)
12/5/2005 12:24:44 AM
Victor Bien wrote:

>   I must say that this is the first time for me that I've got something
> out of Tim's contribution.  For a long time I could not understand the
> noise he has been making.  Consequently I stopped bothering to read any
> noise started by him and was irrited by that garbage filling NG lists.

Thank you, Victor, for taking the time to read my review.  You may be
unaware of it but you don't have to give up your current Warp 4.52
system simply because you don't think you'll have access to the files
to update it.  Far from it.  All you have to do is download OS2MT
(OS/2 Maintenance Tool) at http://www.os2mt.tk/ ( authored and
distributed by Zsolt Kadar.  The program will download and install
all the updates and OS/2 programs you want or need to keep your
OS/2 Warp 4.52 operating system up to date.

As for investing eCS I don't think you understand the repercussions
of such actions.  eCS is a 'dumbed down' version of Warp 4.52.
You're used to using Warp 4.52 and you're going to find eCS will
be missing quite a few (and very much needed/wanted) OS/2
native features.  AND, you're going to find eCS doesn't work as
well as your OS/2 Warp 4.52 system.  If you are smart then you'll
keep your Warp 4.52 system and install eCS on another partition.
That way you'll see exactly how 'poor' eCS is when compared
to OS/2 Warp 4.52.

And maybe then you'll get even more out of my contributions.
My devotion is to OS/2 but if eComStation were to ever surpass
OS/2 Warp 4.52 I would open my arms to it and recommend it
to others.

The reality is - eCS comes no where near the quality, power and
stability of OS/2 Warp 4.52.  It's that simple and anyone who tells
you differently is blatantly lying to you.  I know.  I have them both.

email:  OS2Guy@Gmail.com OR eCSGuy@Gmail.com

0
os2guy (1753)
12/5/2005 2:12:38 AM
letoured@nospam.net wrote:
> In <1133734914.359654.290130@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, on 12/04/2005
>    at 02:21 PM, "  The OS/2 Guy  " <os2guy@gmail.com> said:
>
>>Ian Johnston wrote:
>>
>>>On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 05:20:25 UTC, "  The OS2 Guy  " <os2guy@gmail.com>
>>>wrote:
>>>
>>>: People say you're the guy behind the bastardization of
>>>: the OEM version of OS/2 found in eComStation.
>>>
>>>I am delighted to see that you finally accept that eCS contains OS/2.
>>>Shall we all move on now?
>
>>You *do* have a reading comprehenson problem, Ian.  There is a BIG
>>difference between a *real* OS/2 operating system and an OEM version of
>>OS/2.  An OS/2 OS is gold.  An OEM version of OS/2 is fool's gold.
>
> Exactly. And that's why there isn't one single ecs enterprise customer
> anywhere in the world, and there never will be.

Agreed - wholeheartedly!  Why would any large enterprise want
to run eCS when it is 'less than' OS/2 itself?  They don't and that's
a hurdle Serenity/St. John cannot overcome.

And without access to IBM's OS/2 source code Serenity/St. John
will never be able to over come the power and stability of OS/2.

email:  OS2Guy@Gmail.com OR eCSGuy@Gmail.com

0
os2guy (1753)
12/5/2005 2:16:13 AM
� The OS/2 Guy � wrote:
> Victor Bien wrote:
>

>>  I must say that this is the first time for me that I've got something
>>out of Tim's contribution.  For a long time I could not understand the
>>noise he has been making.  Consequently I stopped bothering to read any
>>noise started by him and was irrited by that garbage filling NG lists.

> As for investing eCS I don't think you understand the repercussions
> of such actions.  eCS is a 'dumbed down' version of Warp 4.52.
> You're used to using Warp 4.52 and you're going to find eCS will
> be missing quite a few (and very much needed/wanted) OS/2
> native features.  AND, you're going to find eCS doesn't work as
> well as your OS/2 Warp 4.52 system.  If you are smart then you'll
> keep your Warp 4.52 system and install eCS on another partition.
> That way you'll see exactly how 'poor' eCS is when compared
> to OS/2 Warp 4.52.

   Actually I haven't had the curiosity, inclination, need or time to
install eCS.  I subscribed to eCS because at the time I had no (time
effective) means to get FP5 - the price was about the same maybe a bit
dearer but "cheaper" if I factored in the fuss and bother needed to be
dogmatic about getting it from IBM.  So I still run 4.52 but the path
which I got FP5 was thru eCS.

   So I note the shortcomings of eCS with interest although my interest
is academic at this time.

   I have noted your reference to OS/2 maintenance tool - thanks, I've
bookmarked it.

--
To reply by e-mail edit this address to the correct form: vbien at
attglobal dot net
0
me4 (19624)
12/5/2005 3:10:56 AM
On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 03:20:08 UTC, " The OS/2 Guy " <os2guy@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Ok, so how do I change that, you know, where is the "small icons" setting?

on eCS 1.2 : folder Properties -> View -> Icon view -> Small size

> There isn't one.

You're a liar.

--
Luc Van Bogaert

Via ProNews/2 & eComStation
http://www.os2world.com/os2ecs
0
Luc
12/5/2005 8:39:42 AM
In <1133748973.787058.93710@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, on 12/04/2005
   at 06:16 PM, "  The OS/2 Guy  " <os2guy@gmail.com> said:

>letoured@nospam.net wrote:
>> In <1133734914.359654.290130@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, on 12/04/2005
>>    at 02:21 PM, "  The OS/2 Guy  " <os2guy@gmail.com> said:

>>>You *do* have a reading comprehenson problem, Ian.  There is a BIG
>>>difference between a *real* OS/2 operating system and an OEM version of
>>>OS/2.  An OS/2 OS is gold.  An OEM version of OS/2 is fool's gold.
>>
>> Exactly. And that's why there isn't one single ecs enterprise customer
>> anywhere in the world, and there never will be.

>Agreed - wholeheartedly!  Why would any large enterprise want to run eCS
>when it is 'less than' OS/2 itself?  They don't and that's a hurdle
>Serenity/St. John cannot overcome.

>And without access to IBM's OS/2 source code Serenity/St. John will never
>be able to over come the power and stability of OS/2.

The other fact in this turth is that the enterprise market is where the
money is. Without that market to fund development, even the source code is
not going to keep ecs going.  -- And the hidden factor in that is that no
enterprise IS manager is going to trust his career of the antics and
bullshit of booby st. john; e.g., its been said that no one has ever been
fired for buying IBM.  booby can't offer that stability and safety.  Hell,
he can't even give an honest answer to anything asked here.

>--
>Dr. Timothy Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy
>Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com
>email:  OS2Guy@Gmail.com OR eCSGuy@Gmail.com

0
letoured (1936)
12/5/2005 11:13:30 AM
> All you have to do is download OS2MT
> (OS/2 Maintenance Tool) at http://www.os2mt.tk/ ( authored and
> distributed by Zsolt Kadar.

Unfortunately, Firefox is unable to find that URL.

0
tholen (16675)
12/5/2005 5:57:47 PM
Hello,
On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 08:55:42 -0500, The eCS Guy  wrote:

>The eCenter is just the xCenter (renamed from XWorkplace) and if you
>like that xCenter >feature you can add it to your OS/'2 system.
>Without the WarpCenter your eComstation is less than OS/2.
I don't agree, you can give e(x)Center all the features of warpcenter and more.
I especially like the Wlan widget and lSwitcher. On http://www.os2usr.org/xcenter/
you can find all kind of widgets, including a stopwatch and find.

>> : How come
>> : your damn desktop is clogged up with big old ugly looking icons so
>> : large that ten of them hide your desktop background?
>>
>> There are twenty six icons on my desktop as I speak, covering a minute
>> proportion of my desktop. Do you perhaps still have a 640 * 480 VGA
>> monitor?
>
>In OS/2 Warp 4.52 we have the option of using "mini" icons, which are
>the size of 20x20 pixels and are as crisp and clear as the larger
>sized icons of 40x40 pixels available in OS/2 and defaulted in eCS.

With "set sddicons=small" in config.sys you get small sized icons.
Though with this setting they are a bit to small for me, because of the screen
resolution I use.

>This has been removed from eComstation's eCenter.  The makers
>of eCS would like you to put a shadow of the Seek and Scan program
>on your desktop if you want such a feature.  The advantage of the
>WarpCenter File Finder was the ability to quickly find a file on your
>system.  The Seek and Scan is a second defaulted file finder program
>on the OS/2 system and can be added to your WarpCenter or to your
>desktop as a "mini" icon if you like it's searching abilities.  File Finder
>displays an icon of the file searched.  Clicking on the properties option
>gives you indepth info on the file.  Seek and Scan displays the full
>path to the found file.  Without the ability to use a built-in File Finder
>on the eCenter in eComstation means you have less then the OS/2
>user has in the way of WarpCenter features.
Most of the time I use PMseek, because I can look for strings in files to,
so I have that in a tray. But like I said there is a widget for it.

>> : But wait Ian - how come eCS freezes 'on a whim'?  How come eCS takes
>> : three times as long as OS/2 Warp 4.52 to boot up?
>>
>> I cannot help your setup problems. Sorry.
>
>The complaint of random system freezes has been reported by several
>users using eCS v1.2R.  It doesn't matter if you use the easy install method
>or the customized method, eComstation has never been as stable as an
>OS/2 Warp 4.52 operating system.  I have experienced the freezing problem
>several times and a full reboot can be expected with a bad program or
>function causes the freeze.  There is a feature in eCS that is supposed to
>kill a non-functioning program which should allow the unfreezing of the
>system but it does not work.  The freezing is bad enough but each reboot
>under eCS takes a very long time to get back to a working desktop.
I don't have 1.2R (not available in Dutch yet) so I can't comment on that,
but 1.2 runs fine here. I don't seen any freezing up.

>OS/2 has the WarpCenter application killer (hold down the control key
>and select the application list icon on the WarpCenter).  Using that
>option allows the OS/2 user to kill or close 99% of all non-functioning
>programs or files.  Without the ability to use a functioning application
>killer and to have a stable non-freezing system when using eCS
>means eCS users have less than the OS/2 user.
eCS comes with CADH, looks like a program killer to me. LSwitcher also has a
nice program killer and I also have Watchcat installed, though I hardly use
this.

>> : Here's another Ian - how come you poor eCS Lusers have to manually
>> : insert a 128-digit registration code over and over when you want to set
>> : up and partition a hard disk prior to eCS installation?
>>
>> Or grab it off a disk?
>
>Without access to a floppy to copy it from you have to insert the long
>almost indeciferable registration code manually.  Hardware manufacturers
>today no longer supply floppy drives in their computers expecting buyers
>to use the CDRom instead.  Laptop users have always been without a
>floppy drive.  To 'grab it off a disk' as you instruct means new hardware
>buyers and laptop users will have to purchase a separate floppy drive
>just to be able to 'grab it off a disk'.
>Prior to installing eCS or OS/2 for that matter there is the ability to
>partition
>your hard drive for specific reasons.  It has always been a wise decision
>to install OS/2 in one partition and your applications, music, movies, etc
>in another or separate partitions.
My T23 also doesn't have a floppy, so guess were I put the key prior to installing.

Frank

0
frank4482 (11)
12/5/2005 7:17:34 PM
Frank wrote:
> Hello,
> On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 08:55:42 -0500, The eCS Guy  wrote:
>

>>The eCenter is just the xCenter (renamed from XWorkplace) and if you
>>like that xCenter >feature you can add it to your OS/'2 system.
>>Without the WarpCenter your eComstation is less than OS/2.
>
> I don't agree, you can give e(x)Center all the features of warpcenter and more.
> I especially like the Wlan widget and lSwitcher. On http://www.os2usr.org/xcenter/
> you can find all kind of widgets, including a stopwatch and find.

Then you are fooling yourself.  If you want a Wlan or Iswitcher digit
then
install XWorkplace center and add an xCenter.  That's all the eCenter
is.  Not only that but we're talking a minor third party "addon".
Where's
the File Finder?  The App Killer?  The built-in date, stopwatch and
(pretty) clock?  Each of the latter will require three "not as nice or
as feature-full" widgets cloging up your xCenter until you have to
add a second tray.  Silliness, absolute silliness.  And the eCenter
is buggy, problematic and clunky.

ADD the damn xCenter if you want a faux WarpCenter.

>>>: How come
>>>: your damn desktop is clogged up with big old ugly looking icons so
>>>: large that ten of them hide your desktop background?
>>>
>>>There are twenty six icons on my desktop as I speak, covering a minute
>>>proportion of my desktop. Do you perhaps still have a 640 * 480 VGA
>>>monitor?
>>
>>In OS/2 Warp 4.52 we have the option of using "mini" icons, which are
>>the size of 20x20 pixels and are as crisp and clear as the larger
>>sized icons of 40x40 pixels available in OS/2 and defaulted in eCS.
>
> With "set sddicons=small" in config.sys you get small sized icons.
> Though with this setting they are a bit to small for me, because of the screen
> resolution I use.

Ahh, there you go.  That's the answer - an answer that can't be
found anywhere but in the newsgroups.  There is no option to
do that automatically in your config.sys whereas with OS/2 Warp 4.52
you don't need to "set..." anything.

Are you eCS Lusers THAT stupid that you would jump through all
those hoops and still believe you have a better system than
OS/2 Warp 4.52?  GET A GRIP!

>>This has been removed from eComstation's eCenter.  The makers
>>of eCS would like you to put a shadow of the Seek and Scan program
>>on your desktop if you want such a feature.  The advantage of the
>>WarpCenter File Finder was the ability to quickly find a file on your
>>system.  The Seek and Scan is a second defaulted file finder program
>>on the OS/2 system and can be added to your WarpCenter or to your
>>desktop as a "mini" icon if you like it's searching abilities.  File Finder
>>displays an icon of the file searched.  Clicking on the properties option
>>gives you indepth info on the file.  Seek and Scan displays the full
>>path to the found file.  Without the ability to use a built-in File Finder
>>on the eCenter in eComstation means you have less then the OS/2
>>user has in the way of WarpCenter features.
>
> Most of the time I use PMseek, because I can look for strings in files to,
> so I have that in a tray. But like I said there is a widget for it.

Umm... no, there is no "widget" for file searching and you fail to
mention
that most widgets require additional libraries, scroller and special
files
to work.  And more importantly you fail to mention that all can be
added
to xCenter if the eCS Luser would just install XWorkplace - which is,
of
course, NOT recommended because XWorkplace doesn't work well
in eCS despite the fact that it works quite well in OS/2 Warp 4.52.

The eCS user gets less of a product that the OS/2 Warp 4.52 user does.
The OS/2 user gets a native OS/2 built-in WarpCenter AND an xCenter
with all the widgets they want/need.

>>>: But wait Ian - how come eCS freezes 'on a whim'?  How come eCS takes
>>>: three times as long as OS/2 Warp 4.52 to boot up?
>>>
>>>I cannot help your setup problems. Sorry.
>>
>>The complaint of random system freezes has been reported by several
>>users using eCS v1.2R.  It doesn't matter if you use the easy install method
>>or the customized method, eComstation has never been as stable as an
>>OS/2 Warp 4.52 operating system.  I have experienced the freezing problem
>>several times and a full reboot can be expected with a bad program or
>>function causes the freeze.  There is a feature in eCS that is supposed to
>>kill a non-functioning program which should allow the unfreezing of the
>>system but it does not work.  The freezing is bad enough but each reboot
>>under eCS takes a very long time to get back to a working desktop.
>
> I don't have 1.2R (not available in Dutch yet) so I can't comment on that,
> but 1.2 runs fine here. I don't seen any freezing up.

Maybe eCS understands Dutch better than it does American English.

>>OS/2 has the WarpCenter application killer (hold down the control key
>>and select the application list icon on the WarpCenter).  Using that
>>option allows the OS/2 user to kill or close 99% of all non-functioning
>>programs or files.  Without the ability to use a functioning application
>>killer and to have a stable non-freezing system when using eCS
>>means eCS users have less than the OS/2 user.
>
> eCS comes with CADH, looks like a program killer to me. LSwitcher also has a
> nice program killer and I also have Watchcat installed, though I hardly use
> this.

None of those are needed in OS/2 Warp 4.52 because it comes with a
PID Killer.  CADH is a joke.  Watchcat is so old it isn't funny
anymore.
The eCS Luser gets less of a product that the OS/2 user who can add
Watchcat, LSwitcher's program killer and several other "program
killers".

>>>: Here's another Ian - how come you poor eCS Lusers have to manually
>>>: insert a 128-digit registration code over and over when you want to set
>>>: up and partition a hard disk prior to eCS installation?
>>>
>>>Or grab it off a disk?
>>
>>Without access to a floppy to copy it from you have to insert the long
>>almost indeciferable registration code manually.  Hardware manufacturers
>>today no longer supply floppy drives in their computers expecting buyers
>>to use the CDRom instead.  Laptop users have always been without a
>>floppy drive.  To 'grab it off a disk' as you instruct means new hardware
>>buyers and laptop users will have to purchase a separate floppy drive
>>just to be able to 'grab it off a disk'.
>>Prior to installing eCS or OS/2 for that matter there is the ability to
>>partition
>>your hard drive for specific reasons.  It has always been a wise decision
>>to install OS/2 in one partition and your applications, music, movies, etc
>>in another or separate partitions.
>
> My T23 also doesn't have a floppy, so guess were I put the key prior to installing.

You don't really want me to say publicly, do you Frank?

So here's the scenario Frank.  You've been convinced by some idyit that
eComStation is the next coming of Jesus and you buy it having never
seen or touched OS/2.  You don't know that it is an OEM version OS/2
because Serenity hides that fact from you in everything they print and
[don't] say.

You have to download a near 1 GIG set of ISO files.  You have to find a
burner and learn the process of turning those ISO files into working
CDs.
You have to somehow figure out a way to insert a paranoid
multi-multi-digit
registration number several times because you don't want to wipe out
your expensive WindowsXPPro operating system sitting on Drive C
so you'll need to partition up the hard drive - and you eventually
become
so annoyed, frustrated and underwhelmed once you get to an eCS
desktop with its big old icons that you log off and never come back
again.  Especially after you learn that you aren't using a "new"
operating
system but an OEM version of IBM's 1996 OS/2 operating system.

email:  OS2Guy@Gmail.com OR eCSGuy@Gmail.com

0
os2guy (1753)
12/5/2005 8:26:29 PM
On 5 Dec 2005 12:26:29 -0800, The OS/2 Guy wrote:

>Frank wrote:
>> Hello,
>> On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 08:55:42 -0500, The eCS Guy  wrote:
>>

>>>The eCenter is just the xCenter (renamed from XWorkplace) and if you
>>>like that xCenter >feature you can add it to your OS/'2 system.
>>>Without the WarpCenter your eComstation is less than OS/2.
>>
>> I don't agree, you can give e(x)Center all the features of warpcenter and more.
>> I especially like the Wlan widget and lSwitcher. On http://www.os2usr.org/xcenter/
>> you can find all kind of widgets, including a stopwatch and find.
>
>Then you are fooling yourself.  If you want a Wlan or Iswitcher digit
>then
>install XWorkplace center and add an xCenter.  That's all the eCenter
>is.  Not only that but we're talking a minor third party "addon".
>Where's
>the File Finder?  The App Killer?  The built-in date, stopwatch and
>(pretty) clock?  Each of the latter will require three "not as nice or
>as feature-full" widgets cloging up your xCenter until you have to
>add a second tray.  Silliness, absolute silliness.  And the eCenter
>is buggy, problematic and clunky.
>
>ADD the damn xCenter if you want a faux WarpCenter.
eCenter is xCenter, so I see no reason why anyone should install xWorkplace in order
to replace eCenter. Sure, 3 widgets measuring 20 pixels clog up your desktop. What
resolution are you on? 640x480?

>>>In OS/2 Warp 4.52 we have the option of using "mini" icons, which are
>>>the size of 20x20 pixels and are as crisp and clear as the larger
>>>sized icons of 40x40 pixels available in OS/2 and defaulted in eCS.
>>
>> With "set sddicons=small" in config.sys you get small sized icons.
>> Though with this setting they are a bit to small for me, because of the screen
>> resolution I use.
>
>Ahh, there you go.  That's the answer - an answer that can't be
>found anywhere but in the newsgroups.
Not true, it's in the documentation of Snap.

> There is no option to
>do that automatically in your config.sys whereas with OS/2 Warp 4.52
>you don't need to "set..." anything.
>
>Are you eCS Lusers THAT stupid that you would jump through all
>those hoops and still believe you have a better system than
>OS/2 Warp 4.52?  GET A GRIP!

Look, if you call me that I don't see the point in discussing this any
further.

0
frank4482 (11)
12/5/2005 11:18:20 PM
On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 23:18:20 UTC, "Frank" <frank@n0.spam.invalid>
wrote:

->
->
-> Look, if you call me that I don't see the point in discussing this any
-> further.
->

tim martin is really a troll.  He doesn't exist.  He's a sock puppet
for a mentally ill and rather stupid fellow named larry who uses a lot
of fake personnas to post garbage to these groups.  It is always best
to ignore this psycho.  See: http://www.mr2ice.com/TMFaq/

Mark

--
From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

 http://www.os2voice.org
 Warpstock 2005, Hershey, PA, Oct 6-9, 2005 - http://www.warpstock.org
Mike Luther wrote:
> ... I note in the Polarbar formum, it's reported that Pbar
> is alledged to now be working fine with this SR9.

What's up with PolarBar anyway (and where's the forum)?  The
http://www.polarbar.org/ web site is still there but nothing on it has
been updated in years.

0
Bill571 (352)
12/6/2005 6:03:56 PM
Doug Bissett wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 03:10:56 UTC, Victor Bien <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>=20
>>   So I note the shortcomings of eCS with interest although my interest=
=20
>>is academic at this time.
>>=20
>>   I have noted your reference to OS/2 maintenance tool - thanks, I've =

>>bookmarked it.
>=20
> "Shortcomings" in eCS, compared to OS/2, are entirely in the feeble=20
> mind of the writer. There is one simple rule to get useful information
> out of Tim, and that is if he doesn't like it, it is probably a good=20
> thing.

Obviously Dr. Martin 'gets to you' when others comment on the reports
of eCS shortcomings.  I purchased eComStation because I wanted to
wait for the v1.2R release.  I was very disappointed and don't even
use it today.  I went back to my OS/2 operating system.  I won't
use eCS because of its 'shortcomings' and when I see guys like you
posting your personal attacks I am glad I don't use eCS.  Sometimes
I'm sorry I chose the handle "The eCS Guy" but I have and I'll stick
with it for now.

It's been well over thirty days since I purchased eCS v1.2r but it is
attitude's like yours who will help me to seek a Mensys refund.  I just
can't get Mensys to respond to my emails regarding a full refund.

The eCS Guy=A9
0
theecsguy1 (191)
12/7/2005 3:14:48 AM
On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 19:17:34 UTC, "Frank" <frank@n0.spam.invalid>
wrote:

> I don't agree,

You, and any other sane person, would not agree with Tim. He hasn't
made an honest statement about eCS, since it was first announced, and
it appears that no amount of logical argument, or facts, of any kind,
will persuade him to change his tune.

Please, in the future, use a little respect for your fellow news
readers, and add the designation [FUD4] to the subject line, as I,
hopefully, remembered to do here, when replying to one of them (if you
really feel that you must make yourself look silly), or when
discussing the "problem", and filter the FUD4 (you will easily
identify them, when they post), AND the FUD4 subject, to avoid even
seeing their crap. Also, try to refrain from quoting ANYTHING, that
they have to say. That will help to avoid the other problem (news
group noise). Many users really don't care anymore, and doing this,
helps to make this news group usable again.

Also, see:

http://tmfaq.servehttp.com/

if you don't know what all of this is about.

If you persist in quoting the idiot(s), without using the [FUD4] flag,
in the subject, I will have to globally filter you (and others) too.
Arguing with the idiot(s), makes you just as bad as they are. If you
feel that you must say something, simply erase everything that they
have to say, and point any follow on readers to the above web page. It
says all that needs to be said to, and about, the idiot(s).

Thanks...
--
From the eComStation 1.2 of Doug Bissett
doug dot bissett at attglobal dot net

SPAM5575 (378)
12/7/2005 3:28:04 AM
wrote:

> Look, if you call me that I don't see the point in discussing this any
> further.

There never was any point in discussing anything with Tim (he wouldn't
recognize a discussion if it hit over the head). He has been lying
through his teath, for years, and when he can't think of any more lies
to tell, he starts calling people names. See:

http://tmfaq.servehttp.com/

for more information about that...
--
From the eComStation 1.2 of Doug Bissett
doug dot bissett at attglobal dot net

SPAM5575 (378)
12/7/2005 3:28:04 AM
On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 03:10:56 UTC, Victor Bien <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>    So I note the shortcomings of eCS with interest although my interest
> is academic at this time.
>
>    I have noted your reference to OS/2 maintenance tool - thanks, I've
> bookmarked it.

"Shortcomings" in eCS, compared to OS/2, are entirely in the feeble
mind of the writer. There is one simple rule to get useful information
out of Tim, and that is if he doesn't like it, it is probably a good
thing.

See:

http://tmfaq.servehttp.com/

for information about that problem...

--
From the eComStation 1.2 of Doug Bissett

Doug Bissett wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 19:17:34 UTC, "Frank" <frank@n0.spam.invalid>=20
> wrote:
>=20
>>I don't agree,
>=20
> You, and any other sane person, would not agree with Tim. He hasn't=20
> made an honest statement about eCS, since it was first announced, and=20
> it appears that no amount of logical argument, or facts, of any kind,=20
> will persuade him to change his tune.

The same and more must be said for you.  What you have done, repeatedly,
is attack Tim for his honest opinions of eComstation, slandered him,
pointed to an irrational and quite ridiculous 'hit' page and demanded
those who converse with him publicly flag or identify their posts.  Why
don't you paste a scarlet letter on anyone who dares speak openly
about eComstation?

What you have done Doug Bissett is beneath contempt.  You have
the option and ability to ignore or refrain from such unethical and
immorale behavior but you haven't.  In fact you continue, at every
opportunity I've seen, a tirade of very personal and openly public=20
attacks.
Demanding that someone 'do as you direct' is outright demoralizting
and the implied consequences resort to extortion and unscrupulousness
conduct.  To be frank, no pun intended, I'm embarassed that you claim
to be a member of the OS/2 community.  I hope many within the OS/2
community deem you abhorant and 'one to be dismissed without comment'.

If you think you are helping the cause of Serenity or improve
the sales of eComstation you are very much mistaken.  It is because
of people like you that eComstation loses sales, on a daily basis.

The eCS Guy=A9

0
theecsguy1 (191)
12/7/2005 4:06:28 AM
Herwig Bauernfeind wrote:
> Hi "The eCS Guy=A9",
>=20
> as I see that you defend Tim Martin against attacks from other
> people and accuse them to be unfair towards his open words about
> eComStation, I just have to ask you a few questions:
>=20
> - Do you think it is fair that Tim Martin gives his opponents names
> like "Boob", "Herbutt", "Idiyt" or more general "eCS Luser"?

Fair?  Probably not.  Justified?  Yes.  Do you think the lies and
misinformation published as a web page against him is fair?
Do you think the personal attacks against him, the false accusations
against him and the derogatory remarks made against him are fair?
>=20
> - Do you think that giving his opponents names supports his
> credibility?

See above.  After purchasing eComstation and installing it I find
most of what Dr. Martin says quite credible.  What I don't find
credible are those who try to stifle his right to a personal opinion.
No one tries to stop you from your personal opinions.

> - Why do you think Tim Martin is more credible than all the others
> in these newsgroups despite the fact that he is unable to lead
> a civilized discussion with anyone without insulting his opponent?

See above.  After purchasing eComstation, installing it and finding
it less than OS/2 Warp 4.52 I think Dr. Martin's complaints are very
credibile.  If you feel he is insulting then you have the right and
ability to avoid reading his posts.

> - Isn't it a logical consequence of Tim Martin's own style that
> people attack him in harsh, maybe unfair way? And if you disagree,
> why?

I disagree because I've seen a pattern of personal attacks against
anyone who reports on the problems of eComstation and misstatements
of Serenity by those who have switched from OS/2 to eComstation.
There is a concerted effort by a small group of people to stifle Dr. Mart=
in
or anyone who reports negatively on eComstation.  This includes me,
Mr. Mike Ross and another fellow named Frank just in the last few days.

As I have reported here before, I purchased eComstation v1.2R and
had a difficult time installing it because of what I and others agree is
a ridiculous 100plus digit registration code.  eComstation is used
by less than .0001% of the entire computing world yet the seller is
so paranoid that his product will be distributed widely and used by
others without payment that he has crippled sales of the product by
forcing the use of a registration code and a registration code that is
so difficult to use the user gives up out of frustration.  If eComstation=

were being the hottest product on the market and being used by
millions of people I could understand the registration requirement
but it isn't.  Not by a long shot.

That is but one of the many problems I confronted with eComstation.
It now sits on a partition of my hard drive unused and unwanted.   I
have requested a full refund from Mensys without any response for
more than two weeks now.  My wife and I will be in Texas this coming
January and if I don't receive the refund I shall drive to Mr. St. John's=

home in Lewisville and ask that he pay me back personally.

The eCS Guy=A9
0
theecsguy1 (191)
12/7/2005 5:00:27 AM
Hi "The eCS Guy�",

as I see that you defend Tim Martin against attacks from other
people and accuse them to be unfair towards his open words about
eComStation, I just have to ask you a few questions:

- Do you think it is fair that Tim Martin gives his opponents names
like "Boob", "Herbutt", "Idiyt" or more general "eCS Luser"?

- Do you think that giving his opponents names supports his
credibility?

- Why do you think Tim Martin is more credible than all the others
in these newsgroups despite the fact that he is unable to lead
a civilized discussion with anyone without insulting his opponent?

- Isn't it a logical consequence of Tim Martin's own style that
people attack him in harsh, maybe unfair way? And if you disagree,
why?

Kind regards,
Herwig
On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 03:17:41 UTC, The eCS Guy <TheeCSGuy@Gmail.com>
wrote:

> You just can't find it and Serenity has worked hard to hide
> it from the consumer.

On the contrary : one of the many nice things in eComStation is that
the help files are now all located nicely in one Folder called "Help
Center", wich has a nice tree view of all the available help files on
the system. Before one OS/2 I often had a hard time locating the help
information I was looking for. That's all solved with eComStation. It
look like you are critisizing a product that you have never even used.
Are you?

> It's like the problem
> with the defaulted big icons.  Instead of offering the option
> for "small icons" in a property folder Serenity forces you to
> spend your time pouring through obscure reading material
> before you find the "place this statement in your config.sys
> file if you want small icons".  Talk about hiding stuff.

On the contrary, the mini icon option is available in every folder. No
entry in config.sys is needed to put it there. Wy do you keep lying
about this, other than to spam this newsgroup?

--
Luc Van Bogaert

Via ProNews/2 & eComStation
http://www.os2world.com/os2ecs
0
Luc
12/7/2005 3:06:38 PM
Doug Bissett wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 03:10:56 UTC, Victor Bien <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>
>>   So I note the shortcomings of eCS with interest although my interest
>>is academic at this time.
>>
>>   I have noted your reference to OS/2 maintenance tool - thanks, I've
>>bookmarked it.
>
> "Shortcomings" in eCS, compared to OS/2, are entirely in the feeble
> mind of the writer.

So you feel the fact that eCS takes three times as long to boot up as
compared to OS/2, that the erratic system crashes, the inability of the
CADH to kill 99% of those system freezes, the defaulted bulky and old
looking icons, the dated desktop backgrounds, the 128-digit
registration number that hampers and frustrates
every potential user, the inability to get at the LVM without inserting
that 128-digit registration number, the fact that eCS forces one to use
a "mini" LVM that is barely functional and lacking in needed features,
the fact that internet setup/connection is confusing and too technical
to the general user.  YOU feel the fact that the buyer
has to buy the product outside the U.S. and loses his consumer
protection, that the buyer has to download a near 1GIG ISO file and
then figure out how to turn that into installation CDs, the fact that
complaints to the seller are ignored, etc., etc., are all
"shortcomings" that are acceptable when compared to the power and
stability of the OS/2 Warp 4.52 operating system?

Please Doogie, send me $1 and I'll send you back the deed to a golden
bridge that spans the Pacific Coast.

>There is one simple rule to get useful information
> out of Tim, and that is if he doesn't like it, it is probably a good
> thing.

The one BIG rule to get truthful information out of the eCS Salesmen
is, if the problem is reported publicly, it is to be denied and the
reporter is to be disemboweled on
the spot.  The second BIGGEST rule regarding the truth about eCS is to
hide every problem and lie to the potential customer at any cost.

email:  OS2Guy@Gmail.com OR eCSGuy@Gmail.com

0
os2guy (1753)
12/7/2005 4:00:56 PM
On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 16:49:23 UTC, The eCS Guy <TheeCSGuy@Gmail.com>
wrote:

> Maybe not now but in the past the full eCS package with the required
> yearly subscriptions and applications packs cost well over $300.

I have invoices here that prove you are a liar. What is your purpose
here other than spamming these newsgroups?

--
Luc Van Bogaert

Via ProNews/2 & eComStation
http://www.os2world.com/os2ecs
0
Luc
12/7/2005 8:18:22 PM
On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 16:02:40 UTC, The eCS Guy <TheeCSGuy@Gmail.com>
wrote:

> Then why waste my time and additional cost of the excusion?

Ah, Bob is right : you're making a lot of noise here, but when it's
time to take up the challenge you just run and hide.

--
Luc Van Bogaert

Via ProNews/2 & eComStation
http://www.os2world.com/os2ecs
0
Luc
12/7/2005 8:25:24 PM
On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 16:44:01 UTC, The eCS Guy <TheeCSGuy@Gmail.com>
wrote:

> You know, I couldn't find that folder and had no idea it even existed.

Of course you have no idea, as it is clear with everything you write
that you've never even used the product. So, tell us what you purpose
is, other than spamming these newsgroups.

> As an OS/2 user I expected eCS, which so many of you claim to
> actually be OS/2, to work like OS/2.

As any real OS/2 user could tell you, there is not just "one" way to
operate the system, but every user chooses his own preferred way of
using the software. Your statement proves that you just don't
understand what OS/2 and how to use it is all about. Actually, you're
sounding like a newbie Windows user.

> It is much easier to click an icon
> on the WarpCenter for needed information than it is to dig down through
> various directories.

In eCS you don't have to dig down anything, which proves you don't
know what you're talking about. All that is required to access the
help system is to press the F1 button.

> And if you don't know those directories or folders
> exist, as any new user to eCS would not know, then expect frustration
> and dissatisfaction with the product.

You don't have to know the directories, as the eCS Help folder is
located right on the Desktop under "Local system". Besides, after
installing eCS you're greeted with a nice layed out window with the
required help to start using the system. You don't seem to know that,
which proves again you're just out to spam without ever having used
the system we're discussing here.

> I complained about the File Finder button being removed from
> the WarpCenter.

Wrong again : nothing was removed from the WarpCenter. Could you
please make a small effort *not* to lie in a post?

> If it were there then I could have easily searched
> for available inf or pdf files and probably found the help I needed.

That would be the old OS/2 way : find a help file in hopes it will
contain the information you need. in eComStation all the help
information is nicely located in one central, easy to reach folder.
You don't have to search for any file, as everything is nicely
presented to you.

> OS/2 is much easier on the user while eComstation has arbitrarily
> decided to re-arrange the kitchen leaving the cook moving from
> cupboard to cupboard, drawer to drawer, as the dinner guests
> fume, get up and leave.

One of the most heard critics from Windows users is that the OS/2
desktop is a mess. OS./2 needed a complete overhaul. eComStation has
made that possible. You should be grateful.

> >>It's like the problem
> >>with the defaulted big icons.  Instead of offering the option
> >>for "small icons" in a property folder Serenity forces you to
> >>spend your time pouring through obscure reading material
> >>before you find the "place this statement in your config.sys
> >>file if you want small icons".  Talk about hiding stuff.

Why keep repeating this when you've already been told that it's a lie?
It's becoming clear you're only out here as a spammer.

> I'm not lying at all.  I couldn't find any mini icon option in any
> one of the eCS folders.

But you've never installed or used eCS. So how would you know?

> eCS is not that user friendly.

So, why don't you switch to Windows and get a life?

> I've used OS/2 for a few years

No you haven't. You don't even know about the basic principles in
OS/2. You're proving that time and time again.

> Is that what Dr. Martin is referring to
> when he says eCS is not OS/2 but an OEM version of OS/2?

Why don't you ask Dr Martin himself here in the newsgroups, where
everyone can follow the discussion between you two? That should be
worth a few laughs.

> get the impression that eCS is a lite version of OS/2.

Odd. I get the impression you are you a 'lite' version of Dr. Martin.

> I *wish* eComstation was a great product but it isn't and I hate to be
> one of many who have told you so.

"Many" ? I'm only counting one here. That's right, no matter how many
sock puppets you keep inventing, you're still on your own, and
probably will be forever.

--
Luc Van Bogaert

Via ProNews/2 & eComStation
http://www.os2world.com/os2ecs
0
Luc
12/7/2005 8:52:09 PM
On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 03:45:27 UTC, The eCS Guy <TheeCSGuy@Gmail.com>
wrote:

> Steve Wendt wrote:
> >  The OS2 Guy  wrote:
> >
> >> You have no storefront because you can't afford to pay rent on one.
> >
> > There are thousands of businesses without a physical store front in this
> > age of the Internet.  Amazon.com is one of the oldest and most succesful
> > examples of that.
>
> The number for Amazon's corporate office in Seattle is (206) 622-2335.
> Their corporate offices are located at: 1516 Second Ave, Seattle, WA
> 98101-1543
>
> Wasn't hard to find.  I did a quick Google search.
>
> The eCS Guy

So you are claiming that their corporate offices are a storefront?
You can walk in, browse their inventory, buy, and walk out with your
purchase?  Like a local Barnes and Noble?

Kevin
12/8/2005 1:30:42 AM
Luc Van Bogaert wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 16:49:23 UTC, The eCS Guy=7F <TheeCSGuy@Gmail.com>=20
> wrote:
>=20
>>Maybe not now but in the past the full eCS package with the required
>>yearly subscriptions and applications packs cost well over $300.
>=20
> I have invoices here that prove you are a liar. What is your purpose=20
> here other than spamming these newsgroups?
>=20

Hi Luc,

My purpose here is the same as yours.  I use OS/2 Warp 4.52 and
purchased eCS v1.1 and v1.2R.  I'm happy with Warp but very
unhappy with eCS and so are other people.  That's our opinion
and I don't understand why you won't accept it or respect us for
voicing it.

The eCS Guy=A9
0
windows
12/8/2005 3:17:55 AM
Luc Van Bogaert wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 16:02:40 UTC, The eCS Guy=7F <TheeCSGuy@Gmail.com>=20
> wrote:
>=20
>>Then why waste my time and additional cost of the excusion?=20
>=20
> Ah, Bob is right : you're making a lot of noise here, but when it's=20
> time to take up the challenge you just run and hide.

Hi Luc,

You need to read Mr. St. John's entire post and not edit out the
parts that don't fit your scenario.

I have asked the vendor for a full refund.  So far, some two weeks
later, my emails have been ignored.

The eCS Guy=A9

0
windows
12/8/2005 3:19:40 AM
Kevin K wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 03:45:27 UTC, The eCS Guy=7F <TheeCSGuy@Gmail.com>=20
> wrote:
>=20
>=20
>>Steve Wendt wrote:

>>>There are thousands of businesses without a physical store front in th=
is=20
>>>age of the Internet.  Amazon.com is one of the oldest and most succesf=
ul=20
>>>examples of that.
>>
>>The number for Amazon's corporate office in Seattle is (206) 622-2335.
>>Their corporate offices are located at: 1516 Second Ave, Seattle, WA=20
>>98101-1543
>>
>>Wasn't hard to find.  I did a quick Google search.
>>
>>The eCS Guy=7F
>=20
>=20
> So you are claiming that their corporate offices are a storefront? =20

Their corporate offices are located in a brick and mortar building for
which they pay a monthly rent or mortgage on.  AT&T lists a residence
for Serenity Systems and Mr. St. John has confirmed it as his personal
residence.

> You can walk in, browse their inventory, buy, and walk out with your=20
> purchase?  Like a local Barnes and Noble?

I've never been there but I would suspect I could go there
and file a refund claim and a complaint.  If I needed to take
legal action against their business license I would serve their
corporate office and not the company owner's private residence.

What we are talking about here is business legitimacy and
credibility.

The eCS Guy=A9
0
windows
12/8/2005 3:29:23 AM
On 12/07/05 08:30 pm Kevin K tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

>>> There are thousands of businesses without a physical store front in this
>>> age of the Internet.  Amazon.com is one of the oldest and most succesful
>>> examples of that.
>> The number for Amazon's corporate office in Seattle is (206) 622-2335.
>> Their corporate offices are located at: 1516 Second Ave, Seattle, WA
>> 98101-1543
>>
>> Wasn't hard to find.  I did a quick Google search.

> So you are claiming that their corporate offices are a storefront?
> You can walk in, browse their inventory, buy, and walk out with your
> purchase?  Like a local Barnes and Noble?

I suspect that Amazon, Buy.com, and many other online "vendors" are
simply order-takers, with the goods being shipped from whichever Ingram
Books / Ingram Micro warehouse with the items in stock is located
closest to the purchaser. I've placed orders with buy.com (located in
California) and had items shipped to me from all over the USA.

Perce
0
Percival
12/8/2005 3:36:46 AM
On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 22:07:07 UTC, "David T. Johnson"
<djohnson@isomedia.com> wrote:

> I have never been impressed with eCS or 'Serenity Systems International'
> and the handful of eCS advocates here are generally a sleazy bunch.

Ah, finally back to your old habits, aren't you David?

> We are all just users in a tiny little user base trying to keep going.

It's only the so-called sleazy bunch of eCS users that keeps at least
something going nowadays. If it were for you and your fellow FUDsters,
not much, or nothing at all would be happening that would improve
OS/2's current state. Think about this for a minute. What have you and
your friends done for OS/2 other than drive away people by filling
these newsgroups with spam and disgusting posts.

> That's all that matters now.

Other things then OS/2 or eCS's future seem to be much more important
for you and your friends.

--
Luc Van Bogaert

Via ProNews/2 & eComStation
http://www.os2world.com/os2ecs
0
Luc
12/8/2005 2:54:13 PM
On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 23:00:09 UTC, " The OS2 Guy " <os2guy@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Serenity can't update OS/2 without
> source code and to lie to the potential consumer or to even imply they
> can is straight out fraudulent marketing.

Serenity has always been very clear about the difficulties involved in
obtaining access to OS/2 source code and the implications this will
have on the future of eCS. If you would have once taken some time to
listen to what is being said by SSI, you would know that.

Your claim about SSI not being able to update is the real lie. Of
course they can update OS/2, and they already did! Some parts of OS/2
have already been updated or replaced by something else, because in
these cases access to source code was simply not required, and OS/2's
modular structure allowed it.

> Still, OS/2 users have had
> to deal with nafarious "OS/2 vendors" for many years and we'll live
> through the death of eComstation too.

Then I suggest you take up a course on how to write device drivers for
instance, cause you'll need when SSI won't be around to do it for you.
It would also be an opportunity for you to actually do something
useful for the community you seem to be so in love with.

--
Luc Van Bogaert

Via ProNews/2 & eComStation
http://www.os2world.com/os2ecs
0
Luc
12/8/2005 3:03:21 PM
On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 04:19:26 UTC, Steve Wendt <spamsux@forgetit.org>
wrote:

> It took me a while to find it just now (on Warp4 with XWP), but it's on
> page 2 of the View tab.  I assume it's the same in eCS.

Sure it is, but it's just something that he has decided to ignore.
While in another message he's lecturing someone about "credibility".
Go figure.

> > I installed my registered copy of XWorkplace
>
> Ummm... no such thing?

Well, there you go : he just doesn't seem to care anymore if any of
his claims are true or false, he just spits them out anyway.

--
Luc Van Bogaert

Via ProNews/2 & eComStation
http://www.os2world.com/os2ecs
0
Luc
12/8/2005 3:08:45 PM
On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 03:19:40 UTC, The eCS Guy <TheeCSGuy@Gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have asked the vendor for a full refund.  So far, some two weeks
> later, my emails have been ignored.

And you ignore St John's offer to collect the refund.

--
Luc Van Bogaert

Via ProNews/2 & eComStation
http://www.os2world.com/os2ecs
0
Luc
12/8/2005 3:12:53 PM
On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 03:17:55 UTC, The eCS Guy <TheeCSGuy@Gmail.com>
wrote:

> I don't understand why you won't accept it or respect us for
> voicing it.

Because the opinion you are voicing is nothing more than a personal
attack to SSI and Mensys's people, and it hardly contains a true and
objective statement. Reading you're posts (and that tagline!) , they
seem to be written by a teenager instead of a grown up person. You
have not once posted a message with an objective and detailed
description of the problems you seem to be having with eCS, in an
honest attempt to have them solved working with the knowledable people
in these newsgroups. Respect is something to be earned, and franckly
you aren't doing a very good job. You could start by leaving the
subject line intact out of respect for people who don't care for this
nonsense. Can you do that?

--
Luc Van Bogaert

Via ProNews/2 & eComStation
http://www.os2world.com/os2ecs
0
Luc
12/8/2005 3:27:07 PM
On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 13:11:56 UTC, The eCS Guy <TheeCSGuy@Gmail.com>
wrote:

> I consider myself a typical OS/2 user.

Unfortunately you are not : you don't know where to set the mini icons
option, you don't know how to access the Help function without the
WarpCenter, you don't know how to set a VIO window at a fixed
location. You don't know what an X server is for, you don't know what
GCC stands for, etc.

> >> having no idea what to do with HOBLink.

You see?

> Later I found it was a port of a Unix server or something like that

Hmm... still no clue.

> and entirely useless to me,

How would you know, if you don't even understand what it is?

> HOBLink was a useless product to me, the typical OS/2 user.

If that were true, you would know what the product is for, but you
don't...

> You need to aim your product at a consumer group that can use the
> bundled software not at the market where it would have no value to
> the consumer.

If nothing in eComStation was of value for you, and the older OS/2 was
all you needed, what made you decide to buy eComStation? Seems a
pretty senseless decision to me.

> You need to tell the truth about your product instead
> of making claims that will be proven false soon after your product is
> used.

What claims? Be specific.

> The marketing claims being made by you were purposely implying
> my Warp 4.51 was inadequate and eComstation was of "value" to me.

So instead of acting like a grownup and make your own decision, you
just decided to buy the product, even though it offered nothing of
value for you? Doesn't seem like a smart decision to me. What do you
think?

> Just as you make such claims as "eComstation installs on more machines
> than OS/2".

It does.

> These are just unproven non-supported marketing claims.

No, they're not.

> You did this again, recently, with OpenOffice.  Open Office v1.0, 1.1 and
> 1.4 are all very bad pieces of software.

I understand your sentiment, as you seem to be having a problem
centering text in a spreadsheet cell.

> The v1.1.5 product is a very poor piece
> of software - again - and that leaves the consumer to believe that no matter
> how many marketing claims you make regarding the futuer v2.0 the claims
> will and are false and the buyer can expect the same repeated pattern
> which is another bad piece of software.

Not at all : I'm very satisfied with OOo1.1.5 and how it is
performing. I know others are too. In fact, it is the best office
suite that has ever existed for the OS/2 platform. OOo is a succes on
other platforms as well. So, you seem to be about th only one with a
problem.

> You get away with doing that because you are perceived as
> the only game in town.

Actually, he is :-)

> It is less than my Warp 4.52 product.  How can that be?

Maybe cause the WarpCenter is missing? LOL!

> long boot times,

Not here

> errant system freezes,

Not here

> 100+ digit registrations,

Automatically imported from a data medium.

>and has been repeated so often

But only by you... you're sounding like a broken record.

> You're going to dismiss them all.

That's what lies are for.

--
Luc Van Bogaert

Via ProNews/2 & eComStation
http://www.os2world.com/os2ecs
0
Luc
12/8/2005 8:39:03 PM
Luc Van Bogaert wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 13:11:56 UTC, The eCS Guy <TheeCSGuy@Gmail.com>
> wrote:

<snip>

>>It is less than my Warp 4.52 product.  How can that be?
>
> Maybe cause the WarpCenter is missing? LOL!

How come "missing"? My eCS 1.1 certainly has WarpCenter out of the box.
Perhaps Tim Martian is too dumb to find the WarpCenter icon and
doubleclick it? ;-) Well, wait! He never installed eCS. He can't know.
He just spews lies,

>>long boot times,
>

> Not here

Yeah, not here. And I tested CP2, too. They boot about the same time.

>>errant system freezes,
>

> Not here

Oh yes, I remember that - Warp 3 before FP17! ;-)

>>100+ digit registrations,
>

> Automatically imported from a data medium.

That's it.

>>and has been repeated so often
>

> But only by you... you're sounding like a broken record.
>

>>You're going to dismiss them all.
>

> That's what lies are for.

Yeah. Since I got eCS 1.1 I would hardly install CP2. It needs so many
add-ons to be comfortable ;-)

Cheers,
Martin
0
MMI
12/8/2005 10:53:36 PM
On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 03:29:23 UTC, The eCS Guy <TheeCSGuy@Gmail.com>
wrote:

> Kevin K wrote:
> > On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 03:45:27 UTC, The eCS Guy <TheeCSGuy@Gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> >>The number for Amazon's corporate office in Seattle is (206) 622-2335.
> >>Their corporate offices are located at: 1516 Second Ave, Seattle, WA
> >>98101-1543
> >>
> >>Wasn't hard to find.  I did a quick Google search.
> >>
> >>The eCS Guy
> >

> > So you are claiming that their corporate offices are a storefront?
>
> Their corporate offices are located in a brick and mortar building for
> which they pay a monthly rent or mortgage on.  AT&T lists a residence
> for Serenity Systems and Mr. St. John has confirmed it as his personal
> residence.
>
> > You can walk in, browse their inventory, buy, and walk out with your
> > purchase?  Like a local Barnes and Noble?
>
> I've never been there but I would suspect I could go there
> and file a refund claim and a complaint.  If I needed to take
> legal action against their business license I would serve their
> corporate office and not the company owner's private residence.
>
> What we are talking about here is business legitimacy and
> credibility.
>
> The eCS Guy

So you are now retracting your claim that Amazon's corporate warehouse
is a storefront.
0
Kevin
12/9/2005 1:58:25 AM
On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 11:50:47 UTC, The eCS Guy <TheeCSGuy@Gmail.com>
wrote:

> to get at a basic set of programs.  The top and bottom requirement
> would mean having to install XWorkplace and that would make your
> eCS system even more unstable.

It's amazing how little you know about eCS. There's really no point in
arguying with you because you just keep spitting lies as if they were
facts. What's worse is that you have no respect for readers that don't
care for this kind of nonsense by changing the subject line.

--
Luc Van Bogaert

Via ProNews/2 & eComStation
http://www.os2world.com/os2ecs
0
Luc
12/9/2005 7:12:17 PM
On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 17:30:56 UTC, The eCS Guy <TheeCSGuy@Gmail.com>
wrote:

> > It's amazing how little you know about eCS. There's really no point in
> > arguying with you because you just keep spitting lies as if they were
> > facts. What's worse is that you have no respect for readers that don't
> > care for this kind of nonsense by changing the subject line.
>
> Stop arguing with me if you feel I'm uninformed about eCS.  EVERY
> person who uses eCS for the first time is not going to know everything
> about it.

If you don't know, you should try to get informed instead of spitting
lies and making wild guesses. It just makes you look stupid. But, we
all know by now that getting informed about eCS is not your agenda...

--
Luc Van Bogaert

Via ProNews/2 & eComStation
http://www.os2world.com/os2ecs
0
Luc
12/10/2005 10:04:04 AM
On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 01:58:25 GMT, Kevin K wrote:

> If I needed to take
>> legal action against their business license I would serve their
>> corporate office and not the company owner's private residence.

And those two places can not be the same physical location for what reason?

Eric Erickson
Elvish Software Foundry, Inc.        	- Internet:  drowelf@vnetAntiSpam.net

Are you going to Warpstock 2006?
It will be at ??????
http://www.warpstock.org

0
Eric
1/2/2006 3:55:39 AM
Eric Erickson wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 01:58:25 GMT, Kevin K wrote:
>
>>If I needed to take
>>
>>>legal action against their business license I would serve their
>>>corporate office and not the company owner's private residence.
>
> And those two places can not be the same physical location for what reason?

First thought would be denial of service hampered by a wife or other
family member who would probably refuse to accept or wouldn't open
the door.  If the residence isn't zoned for commercial enterprise then
a lawyer could have any service served in such a way thrown out of court.
Also, the defendant could easily say they never got it if not served
personally.

A company has to have a designated officer to accept service of
any legal issuance and if it is a legitimate business the serving
has to be accepted (in other words, it cannot be denied because
the boss isn't here today, out of the office, in Spain on business,
or hiding in the office supply closet.

The eCS Guy�
0
ISO

IBM Releases More OS/2 Updates...
IBM released two new important updates recently for the OS/2 operating system, available to Passport Advantage subscribers. They are: OS/2 Power Management SpeedStep and Enhanced SpeedStep Technology This software package provides IBM's most current support for: - Intel's SpeedStep technology for IBM ThinkPad T2x and T30 systems - Intel's Enhanced SpeedStep technology for IBM ThinkPad T4x systems and OS/2 Enhanced IDE Support v5.0.1 released May 25, 2005 Again, these items are now available for download and immediate installation if you have access to them. As usual (and expected) there is no mention of the availability of these new releases at ecomstation.com. This is, of course, because they won't work "as downloaded" under eCS until they are incorporated, tested, retested, and an updated Maintenance Tool can be generated to get them installed. *Real* OS/2 users can install them immediately, of course, once downloaded. That's the privilege and advantage of having a *real* OS/2 operating system. -- Dr. Timothy Martin, The Official and Only OS/2 Guy Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com email: OS2Guy@Gmail.com OR eCSGuy@Gmail.com Bob StJohn wrote: > The OS/2 Guy wrote: > <snip> > >> *Real* OS/2 users can install them immediately, of >> course, once downloaded. That's the privilege and >> advantage of having a *real* OS/2 operating system. > > > Gee .. thanks, but these were upl...

Does the NT 4 OS/2 subsystem support OS/2 network devices?
Tim? "Louis Ohland" <ohland@charter.net> wrote in message news:46WUr.25879$Yf7.11775@newsfe16.iad... > Tim? I don't quite understand the question, but the network adapter drivers will be NT4's and MS LAN Manager and IBM LAN Server can be made compatible enough to co-operate in a common Domain, with a few considerations taken into account. Is that what you mean? -- Cheers, Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST) Guildford, U.K. Ugh... me hardware guy... no code do I... Stick network card into NT box... Use OS/2 drivers... How's that, Tim? I can drag my knuckles on the ground and do some mouth-breathing if you'd like... On 8/9/2012 17:43, Tim WBST Clarke wrote: > "Louis Ohland" <ohland@charter.net> wrote in message > news:46WUr.25879$Yf7.11775@newsfe16.iad... >> Tim? > > I don't quite understand the question, but the network adapter drivers > will be NT4's and MS LAN Manager and IBM LAN Server can be made > compatible enough to co-operate in a common Domain, with a few > considerations taken into account. Is that what you mean? "Louis Ohland" <ohland@charter.net> wrote in message news:iBXUr.18305$lA2.10252@newsfe07.iad... > Ugh... me hardware guy... no code do I... > > Stick network card into NT box... Use OS/2 drivers... > > How's that, Tim? I can drag my knuckles on the ground and do some > mouth-breathing ...

OT: OS/2 or OS/NOT-2
Wow-- I've been *trying* to play with OS/2 Warp 4, trying to get on the internet. I'm very familiar with Windows (of course) and Linux-- OS/2 on the other hand, that's a different story. Getting this thing on the internet has been a pain. It works, finally. :) Now-- I realize that I'm basically stuck in the DOS age when it comes to dealing with files, like one of the most rudementary types of files-- zip files!!! Is there not a Winzip/WinRar-like app for OS/2? Can someone lead me to the light? What stuff do I need to put on this thing before it's even useful? Thanks! --Daniel Daniel Hamilton wrote: > Wow-- I've been *trying* to play with OS/2 Warp 4, trying to get on the > internet. I'm very familiar with Windows (of course) and Linux-- OS/2 > on the other hand, that's a different story. Getting this thing on the > internet has been a pain. It works, finally. :) Now-- I realize that > I'm basically stuck in the DOS age when it comes to dealing with files, > like one of the most rudementary types of files-- zip files!!! Is there > not a Winzip/WinRar-like app for OS/2? > > Can someone lead me to the light? What stuff do I need to put on this > thing before it's even useful? > > Thanks! Daniel Go to the newsgroup comp.os.os2.misc and other os2 newsgroups. They're good with this type of question. Dan the K Daniel Hamilton wrote: > ...

Information passed from OS/2 Master Boot Record ( MBR ) to OS/2 Bootmanager ( BMGR ) to OS/2 Partition Boot Record ?
Hello, I am working on the problem to boot from USB Mass Storage Device. The results and open problems has been documented at Howto Boot OS/2 - eCs from USB Mass Storage Devices ( MSD ) - English Version - Wiki http://p2066.typo3server.info/wiki-usb-boot-en.html The following information is needed for the project: Information passed from OS/2 Master Boot Record ( MBR ) to OS/2 Bootmanager ( BMGR ) to OS/2 Partition Boot Record ? The OS/2 MBR tests for I13X support and pass this information via flag at memory segment 3000:0000 (0030:0000). That informa...

audio with win-os/2 but not os/2???
anybody know why the audio with my ess card ain't working with os/2 but does with win-os/2? -- Thanks, That Guy ---- http://gandalf.home.digital.net/trollfaq.html <-- readit new folk who people noooobies ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/control/ <-- faq shmec-a-q get the origanal group faq here That Guy wrote: > anybody know why the audio with my ess card ain't working with os/2 > but does with win-os/2? > I know this will sound ridiculous...but the system volume is turned up to a level that will be audible, right?? On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 03:46:...

Migration of OS/2 1.30 to OS/2 2.0 or newer
Hi all, what is the chance to upgrade an OS/2 1.30-system with LAN manager (ethernet with plain NetBIOS), a C-written frontend and a Sybase-SQL-server 1.1 to a newer OS/2-version? The system is installed on a FAT-drive, print-jobs are created by the C-frontend for LaserJet-printers and send directly to the LPT-port or a shared LPT-port on a print-server and several OS/2 1.3-clients access the database also via the C-frontend. I would perfer using WarpServer 4 based on Warp 3, or even just Warp 3 Connect/Warp 4 (without LVM, JFS etc., so WSeB, ACP, MCP or eCS are not an option) the whole infrastructure may not be needed anymore because only one person still works with the system! What could be show-stoppers to care about? Thanks a lot for any answer! -- To Answer please replace "invalid" with "de" ! Zum Antworten bitte "invalid" durch "de" ersetzen ! Chau y hasta luego, Thorolf Thorolf Godawa wrote: > Hi all, > > what is the chance to upgrade an OS/2 1.30-system with LAN manager > (ethernet with plain NetBIOS), a C-written frontend and a > Sybase-SQL-server 1.1 to a newer OS/2-version? > > The system is installed on a FAT-drive, print-jobs are created by the > C-frontend for LaserJet-printers and send directly to the LPT-port or a > shared LPT-port on a print-server and several OS/2 1.3-clients access > the database also via the C-frontend. > > I would perfer using WarpServer ...

OS/2 > DOS-OS/2 copy, paste with backslash not working #2
Original poster: thanks, everybody. Now answering three posters: Any help? -- At 2004-12-16 20:41:32 PST Steven Levine (steve53@earthlink.bogus.net) said: >Copy how? What version of OS/2? Are you running any sort of desktop >enhancer that might be doing this to you? Since I mention COPY and PASTE, the "Copy how?" will be: "using COPY & PASTE". If I was running anything stupid, I might know; if I did not know, I thank you for the prompter; I am not running anything stupid; Version of OS/2 is 3.0 WARP Fixpack 43 or something. 1994-thing. Lov...

OS/2 Lan Server V3.0 for sale with OS/2 2.1
http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29296-2357-0?uid=4289490&site=0&ver=LCA080805&item=120067699646&lk=URL ...

Initial release of Sane for OS/2 with usbcalls support
Hi All, This is the first public release of Sane built to support USB scanners using the Netlabs usbcalls library. This is based on CVS code pulled today (6th July, 2005) and should be pretty close to what will be in Sane 1.0.16 Information on the scanners that should work with this release is at: http://www.sane-project.org/lists/sane-mfgs-cvs.html So far, it has been tested only with an Epson Perfection 1670 USB scanner. YOUR FEEDBACK IS NEEDED! NOTE: sane-find-scanner will not detect USB scanners in this release - I need to majorly rehash the earlier code. This re...

Install OS X from OS 9.2 and OS X .dmg files
Hi, I have : * the 3 disk images .dmg "Mac OS X 10.3 Panther final install disk 1", 2 and 3 retrieved from the 'chocolate' network (Gnutella), * an iMac with Mac OS 9.2, * a CD-RW drive with HotBurn (Iomega). What would you suggest me to do now to boot my iMac with Panther? Which pieces of the puzzle do I miss? TIA Fr�d�ric tomcat <noone@nodomain.int> wrote: > What would you suggest me to do now to boot my iMac with Panther? Buy the CDs. > Which pieces of the puzzle do I miss? Integrity. -- Mike Rosenberg <http://www.macconsult.co...

Canonical OS/2 vs. Fanfic-derived OS/2
With the recent announcement of Arca Noae's Blue Lion project (https://www.arcanoae.com/blue-lion-go/), this is a good time to answer - for once and for all - one of the most pressing questions of our time: Should we use canonical (i.e., IBM) versions of OS/2, or can we also accept 'fanfic' versions, such as Blue Lion? If we accept Blue Lion and similar as canonical, we run the very real risk of irrepairably distorting the OS/2verse forever. What we were handed from the heavens by IBM on four sacred floppy disks is absolute; only subsequent versions - as passed t...

FREE OS/2 Warp Connect and OS/2 books
Sigh. OS/2 Warp Connect - all the disks, CDs, books/documentation that comes in the blue box. "IBM Getting to Know OS/2 Warp 4," ITSO (International Technical Support Organization", Stokes, Buecker, Friedrichs, Moroian, Schey, SG24-4758-00, ISBN 0-13-842147-1, Prentice Hall "Mastering OS/2 Warp", Peter Dyson, ISBN 0-7821-166-3-9, Sybex - missing Hobbes on CD-ROM "IBM's Official OS/2 Warp faQs", Kaply, Sipples & Kliewer, ISBN 1-56884-472-7, IBM Press Book published by IDG Books Worldwide, Inc. - includes CD "OS/2 Warp Administrator's Survival Guide", Kerr, Curran, et al., ISBN 0-672-30744-8, SAMS Publishing Will break up lot if you don't want all of it. Truth in Advertising - you pay for shipping, actual cost. Dan On Mar 7, 7:54 pm, kaliuzh...@verizon.net wrote: > Truth in Advertising - you pay for shipping, actual cost. I just got back in town from another 4-day trip to Indianapolis -- if no one else wants the lot, I'll take all (USPS Media Mail, right?), but as I have no actual *need* for any of it, another truly interested party can take all or part (I'd pick up leftovers). Rick Ekblaw On Mar 8, 9:28=A0pm, ekb...@vnet.ibm.com wrote: > On Mar 7, 7:54 pm, kaliuzh...@verizon.net wrote: > > Rick Ekblaw Noted, Rick. I'd really hate to throw these out but I need to downsize and have no need for them. Let's wait about a week. ...

What to save from OS/2::Warp when crossgrading to OS/2::eCS?
To bring joy to a few hearts: I have ordered OS/2::eCS-1.1 from Mensys and expect it RSN. Meanwhile, I am trying to decide what bits of my Warp setup to carry across (if that is possible). My OS/2 setup uses the F: drive for core OS stuff. Most optional extras (eg FaxWorks, DeScribe, non-OS utilities) live in G:. The rest of my files are scattered through other drives. So I expect to wipe F: and install eCS in a simple procedure. (Unless... I bought the Warp-upgrade version. Does it need to be able to see the old Warp installation?) Is this broadly how to do the cross-grade...

OS/2 gurus! Help with OS/2 config.sys Fwd: Trouble with a Personal System/2
Folks, I suck at OS/2, and this guy has a problem. Config.sys has been changed. Any way to boot in recovery mode? No further info yet, unknown if this was a result of a FixPack, adapter install, or a program update. Challenge, this may be a production unit, and it may be doing involved things. -------- Original Message -------- Subject: Trouble with a Personal System/2 Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 20:40:20 -0400 From: <brian@centralindianapatternandmold.com> To: <ohland@charter.net> please help . config.sys got changed os2 ibm indurstial computer-will not boot? In article <npapo.23064$qU5.8268@newsfe20.iad>, Louis Ohland <ohland@charter.net> wrote: > Folks, I suck at OS/2, and this guy has a problem. > > Config.sys has been changed. > > Any way to boot in recovery mode? No further info yet, unknown if this > was a result of a FixPack, adapter install, or a program update. > > Challenge, this may be a production unit, and it may be doing involved > things. 1. Boot (C-A-D). 2. Wait for "boot blob" at top left corner of the screen (a white box, and "OS/2"). 3. Press Alt-F1. 4. Select "Boot to command prompt (use original CONFIG.SYS)" option. 5. Fix the CONFIG.SYS Alternatively, boot to command prompt from the OS/2 installation diskettes. -- Don Hills (dmhills at attglobaldotnet) Wellington, New Zealand "New interface ...

[News] New GNU/Linux Distros: blackPanther OS 10.1 and Zorin OS 2.0 Released

why IBM not made OS/2 opensource ? #2
After reading about the history of Personal computer I understood one thing that microsoft many a times betrayed and cheated IBM and captured the Home Pc Os market. But one thing I couldn't understand is, MS and IBM both started to work on OS/2 and later on microsoft lost its interest in OS/2 and developed windows NT instead based on the already developed OS/2 code, now what made IBM not to make OS/2 opensource or atleast too cheap and thus snatching away a major part of OS market from MS and teach Microsoft a lesson? since majority of the feature between OS/2 and winnt would...

Mac OS X 10.10.2 and Security Update 2015-001 Released
APPLE-SA-2015-01-27-4 OS X 10.10.2 and Security Update 2015-001 OS X 10.10.2 and Security Update 2015-001 are now available and address the following: AFP Server Available for: OS X Mavericks v10.9.5 Impact: A remote attacker may be able to determine all the network addresses of the system Description: The AFP file server supported a command which returned all the network addresses of the system. This issue was addressed by removing the addresses from the result. CVE-ID CVE-2014-4426 : Craig Young of Tripwire VERT bash Available for: OS X Yosemite v10.10 and v10.10.1 Impact: Multiple vulnerabilities in bash, including one that may allow local attackers to execute arbitrary code Description: Multiple vulnerabilities existed in bash. These issues were addressed by updating bash to patch level 57. CVE-ID CVE-2014-6277 CVE-2014-7186 CVE-2014-7187 Bluetooth Available for: OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5, OS X Mavericks v10.9.5 Impact: A malicious application may be able to execute arbitrary code with system privileges Description: An integer signedness error existed in IOBluetoothFamily which allowed manipulation of kernel memory. This issue was addressed through improved bounds checking. This issue does not affect OS X Yosemite systems. CVE-ID CVE-2014-4497 Bluetooth Available for: OS X Yosemite v10.10 and v10.10.1 Impact: A malicious application may be able to execute arbitrary code with system privileges Description: An error...

What happened to OS 9.2? How can I restore OS 9.2 capability?
Recently I did a fresh install and upgraded to OS X.4.11 on my iMac G4 PPC. When I did, the capability to run OS 9 applications disappeared. I still have an OS9 system folder. When I try to use a an OS 9 app, the Classic Startup window appears, but the bar doesn't move within my patience tolerance. Any suggestions? I did try to re-bless the Sys ( Finder by dragging it to the desktop and putting it back. Thanks, Jim In article <97a08539-e529-4232-a9a6-23ff71391b03@1g2000hsl.googlegroups.com>, <"jvbeaupre@bellsouth.net"> wrote: > Recently I did a fresh install and upgraded to OS X.4.11 on my iMac G4 > PPC. > When I did, the capability to run OS 9 applications disappeared. I > still have an OS9 system folder. > When I try to use a an OS 9 app, the Classic Startup window appears, > but the bar doesn't move within my patience tolerance. > Any suggestions? > I did try to re-bless the Sys ( Finder by dragging it to the desktop > and putting it back. > Thanks, > Jim What happens when you try to control OS9/Classic using the system preference? Classic still works on my G5 10.4.11, as far as I know. > What happens when you try to control OS9/Classic using the system > preference? =A0Classic still works on my G5 10.4.11, as far > as I know. I do not see OS9 in System Preferences Startup Disk nor do I see any thing to do with "Classic" in the System Preferences. Which Sys pref panal are you refeing t...

What's OS 9.1 vs OS 9.2.2 ?
I just upgraded my G3/266 to OS 9.2.2 from 9.1 * The PPC7500/300 won't upgrade past 9.1* I don't see any difference between my two Macs what are the differences / advantages between OS 9.1 vs 9.2.2 ? Happy Trails, DaveC In article <goldfern-B1E441.01205809042004@news-central.ash.giganews.com>, Dave <goldfern@kalama.com> wrote: > I just upgraded my G3/266 to OS 9.2.2 from 9.1 > * The PPC7500/300 won't upgrade past 9.1* > I don't see any difference between my two Macs > what are the differences / advantages between > OS 9.1 vs 9.2.2 ? I wonder why the 7500/300 won't let you load 9.2.2? As far as I've seen, the big differences in the versions past 9.1 are all in order to make it play nicer with OS X. If OS X isn't an issue, I wouldn't worry about it. in article goldfern-B1E441.01205809042004@news-central.ash.giganews.com, Dave at goldfern@kalama.com wrote on 4/9/04 1:20 AM: > I just upgraded my G3/266 to OS 9.2.2 from 9.1 > * The PPC7500/300 won't upgrade past 9.1* > I don't see any difference between my two Macs > what are the differences / advantages between > OS 9.1 vs 9.2.2 ? > Happy Trails, DaveC The 9.2.2 upgrade was just for G3s and G4 running Jaguar so that it could run any OS 9 apps in Classic mode. -- John Gentile Editor, Rhode Island Apple Group yjgent@cox.net RIAG Web page: www.wbwip.com/...

SN#20905 StarOffice 9 Software Release Includes Major Updates, Native Support for Mac OS X
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 129 Issue 3 2008-11-23 Article 20905 from section "News" Includes New Versions of Word Processor, Presentation, Spreadsheet, Database, Drawing Software StarOffice 9 and its Asian language counterpart StarSuite 9 have been released with new versions of word processor, presentation, spreadsheet, database and drawing software. This major update to Sun's productivity suite also includes native support for Mac OS X, delivers significant enhancements and provides advanced, extensible productivity tools for all users. Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/g?A=20905 Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you via email each week in text or HTML. Only the sections that you select will be included in your copy of the news magazine. Subscribe at http://sun.systemnews.com/subscribe Free 4-week trial is available. (c) 2008 System News, Inc. http://www.systemnews.com ...

RE: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') #2
> -----Original Message----- > From: John Smith [mailto:a@nonymous.com]=20 > Sent: October 10, 2004 6:18 PM > To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com > Subject: Re: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions=20 > VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') >=20 [snip...] > How many 30'something CTO's even know what VMS is? How many=20 > of their system > architects or programmers? After the .crash era, there are likely very few CTO's left in their 30's. Those folks are more likely back in the trenches doing mid level mgmt jobs. Hey, I a...

SOLVED! OS/2 > DOS-OS/2 copy, paste with backslash not working
Well, good all straw-grasping did the trick again!! Tks so much for the sugg, losing backspaces when pasting OS/2 to DOS has really bothered me for about 5 years at the rate of perhaps ten minutes a day plus the stress, so this was no "small" solution!! Setting VIDEO_FASTPASTE ON does all the difference. Let' s not wonder WHY!! Another argument against changing the OS when you have actually saved it's troubles :-) Tks again > Nomen Nescio wrote: > > Original poster: thanks, everybody. Now answering three posters: > > Any help? > > At 20...

Better DOS than DOS, better Windows than Windows, better OS/2 than OS/2 :-)))
Hello, hereby I officially announce my entry into "eCS lusers" crowd :-) Installed 1.1 entry upgrade from Warp 4 on Saturday. Until now I was at Warp 4 FP15, and the days of fixed-patched-1996-oldtimer are gone. Although OS/2 base system in eCS 1.1 does not considerably differ from CP2, the value of added software (especially SDK 4.52) made my day. I got up-to-date OS/2 with SDK and other SW for cca 109 euro (thanks to my Warp 4). Just one notice about eCS: Should have happened earlier, in Warp 3 times. And just a drop of poison for you-know-who: I was able to run all my OS/2 software on this beast, therefore it must be OS/2. Cheers, Martin mmi@nautimail.com (MMI) wrote: <snip> And of course, I forgot enabled access to SWC SW :-) Cheers, Martin MMI wrote: > > mmi@nautimail.com (MMI) wrote: > > <snip> > > And of course, I forgot enabled access to SWC SW :-) That's a pretty good deal. How much will it cost you to access it next year? And the year after? How much will some other people pay for the same software? Dave In <a9aca7aa.0308040119.6d9ded08@posting.google.com>, on 08/04/03 at 02:19 AM, mmi@nautimail.com (MMI) said: >Hello, >hereby I officially announce my entry into "eCS lusers" crowd :-) >Installed 1.1 entry upgrade from Warp 4 on Saturday. Until now I was at >Warp 4 FP15, and the days of fixed-patched-1996-oldtimer are gone. >Although OS/2 base system in eCS 1.1 does not ...

OS/2 User Criticized for not using the "Correct Version" of OS/2!
I was criticized by Tim Martin for not using the newest version of OS/2 ( which I have by the way), but I had the temerity to post from an IBM PS/2 machine with Warp 4 FP 12! I could have posted from another IBM machine with WarpConnect, or even tried OS/2 2.1 with TCPIP 2.0 and NR/2, or my iMac or any other machine I had on hand at the moment. I was called an eCS Luser because I chose to post with my personal choice of OS/2 and not Mr. Martin's. Perhaps my collection of OS/2 should be increased by adding eCS, I know that I could get the upgrade price what with all the ver...

Web resources about - IBM Releases Updated OS/2 Enhanced IDE Support - comp.os.os2.advocacy

Press Release Rocket - News and Current Events
By Toi Williams on December 24, 2014 Workers at more than 1,400 Walmart stores across the nation are set to see their pay rise next year as ...

Software release life cycle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The origin of the "alpha/beta" test terminology is IBM. As long ago as the 1950s (and probably earlier), IBM used similar terminology for their ...

Hair testing positive results: AFL pleads for patience, won't release more information
The AFL has rejected Jeff Kennett's call for all illicit drugs results from the summer hair testing of players to be released, declaring the ...

Apple releases new build of iOS 9.3 for users of iPad 2 affected by bricking bug
Apple, just hours after it confirmed issues relating to iOS 9.3 on the iPad 2, has released a new build of the operating system for the device. ...

Google releases new tool to scan Android apps for accessibility issues
For anyone designing Android apps, Google just released a tool that will help make your apps more accessible for all users. The company's new ...

Scion tC Release Series 10.0 is a limited-edition sayonara
Filed under: New York Auto Show , Scion , Coupe , Budget , Performance The tC Release Series 10.0 marks the end of the youth-oriented Scion brand, ...

Microsoft releases more details on its Edge Translator extension
... a current member of the Insider program then you'll have access to this and other add-ons via the Windows Store, once they are officially released. ...

Netflix explains why it releases episodes of its hit shows all at once
... it completely turned the traditional notion of TV viewing on its head. Rather than releasing episodes on a weekly basis, Netflix opted to release ...

Court Orders WH OSTP to Release Records Related to Claim Global Warming Causes Severe Winter Cold
On January 8, 2014, the White House posted a controversial video claiming that global warming causes more severe winter cold . Called “The Polar ...

Rob Zombie’s ’31’ Acquired By Saban Films For September Release
Here’s another Alchemy rescue. Saban Films has acquired North American rights to Rob Zombie ’s horror thriller 31 . Last April, under then CEO ...