Drivers: USB 1.1 Extended Control Driver for OS/2

++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++

From: warpcafeDESPAM@DESPAMyahoo.de

Wim Brul has released his USB 1.1 Extended Control Driver for OS/2 for free use. From the website:

"This driver enables you to directly control usb devices. It provides an application programming interface that conforms to the standard DosRead and DosWrite functions and as such may be easily used from rexx procedures using the charin and charout functions. It has been designed to ease the development and test of simple usb devices that do not belong to any usb device class and which exercise standard/vendor control transfers and data (bulk/interrupt) transfers. Besides the application programming interface supports isochronous transfers to 1 specific endpoint through DosDevIOCtl functions that are however not available to rexx procedures. There is a 1 to 1 relationship between an instance of this device driver and a particular usb device."

The website has complete installation and usage documentation and provides samples and source code.

Links:

* http://home.hccnet.nl/w.m.brul/usbqueue/index.html
0
VOICE
8/3/2011 2:26:43 PM
comp.os.os2.announce 1203 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Drivers: MultiMac Intel PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter "OS/2 Community" Driver for OS/2 & eCS V0.1.6
++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++ From: madodelDESPAM@DESPAMptdprolog.net On hobbes there is a new OS/2 NDIS2 network driver for the Intel PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter. A debug version of the driver is included. This is part of the Multimac network driver project. The Standard MAC Driver Project for eComStation "This is an NDIS driver for Intel Gigabit PCI-Express LAN adapters. This driver is based on the source code of e1000e Linux kernel module and of nveth NVIDIA NIC driver for OS/2 developed by nickk." According to the project we...

Installing OS X 10.2+ drivers on OS 10.1
A friend is running OS X 10.1.5 and for software compatibility is strongly disinclined to upgrade to 10.2 or 10.3 Her office acquired a Canon i6100. I installed the driver in Classic mode and after much difficulty (many hours) managed to install the drivers in 10.1 No for home use she has purchased a Canon i560 (on my recommendation - it's supposed to be Mac OS X compatible). Again, installing in classic mode was no problem. To date I have been unable to install the Canon i560 in OS 10.1.5 - the printer is recognised on the USB port but comes up as "unsupported." On reading t...

Looking tape driver driver for sytos 1.38 os/2 warp 4
I have tape device Seagate CTD4004R-S (Archive Phyton 28388-xxx 5.AC) , I am lookind Sytos Plus driver for OS/2 Warp 4. Kalev kalev.kikas@elion.ee In <44c73bc4$1_1@news.estpak.ee>, "Kalev" <kalev.kikas@elion.ee> writes: >I have tape device Seagate CTD4004R-S (Archive Phyton 28388-xxx 5.AC) , I am >lookind Sytos Plus driver for OS/2 Warp 4. > >Kalev >kalev.kikas@elion.ee > > I have Sytos Premium 2.2 on floppies but the file names don't resemble tape device names. Hi all There are 3 directories in os/2 mcp (V4.52) a...

Driver and URL for DB2 UDB 6.1 on OS/390 V 2.1 !!
Hi, I am trying to connect to DB2 V6.1 which sits on OS/390 V2.1 thru Java using JDBC I have installed the IBM development Kit. I am trying to access this thru Windows environment. When I try connecting I get an Error Message 'Not Suitable Driver'. It does connect properly when I connect locally to database i.e trying to talk to the database thru Java program. Could anyone give me the exact Driver and URL for this specifications please?? Thanks, Jagannath ...

Driver and URL for DB2 UDB 6.1 on OS/390 V 2.1 !!
Hi, I am trying to connect to DB2 V6.1 which sits on OS/390 V2.1 thru Java using JDBC I have installed the IBM development Kit. I am trying to access this thru Windows environment. When I try connecting I get an Error Message 'Not Suitable Driver'. It does connect properly when I connect locally to database i.e trying to talk to the database thru Java program. Could anyone give me the exact Driver and URL for this specifications please?? Thanks, Jagannath ...

FLAC 1.1.1 on OS/2
Did anybody succeed in building a correctly working FLAC on OS/2? The distribution page claims that OS/2 build is supported, but actually it is not even close to be supported... Fixing "obvious flaws", I can make the test scripts run, but they show subtle (?) corruption of the sound. Typical errors are like simple iterator on writable file creating APPLICATION block creating PADDING block is writable = 1 [S]VP try to write over STREAMINFO block... FLAC__metadata_simple_iterator_set_block() returned false like it should [S]VP next...

boot up freezes up after installing usb apple driver 1.4.1 for belkin usb 2 port F5U005
i have a beige desktop mac g3 running OS 9.2.2, after installing the belkin usb 2 port F5U005 and following the installation instructions from belkin to install the usb extension from apples website (1.4.1) my mac now freezes up constantly upon booting up. if i disable the usb support 1.4.1 usb support extension my system boots up fine but then i cannot use the usb ports for they are unfunctional. any help would be greatly appreciated. In article <1141307579.154895.277350@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>, Greg <thesimonisfamily@yahoo.com> wrote: > i have a beige desktop mac g3...

Mac os X 10.3.9 G4 USB 1.1 firmware upgrade --> USB 2.0
Hi i have a imac G4 and i was wondering if there is a firmware upgrade or something for USB 1.1 ports to be put so they can be USB 2.0? Would i be able to buy a firewire to USB 2.0 converter? if so where, i live in New Zealand, Hastings. and can i upgrade my GeForce4 MX graphics card VRAM up from 32MB? And last of all how much would it cost ruffly to buy a 512 SDRAM for my mac, (would i be able to put DDR ram in?) Heres my iMacs specs: Hardware: Hardware Overview: Machine Model: iMac CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (2.1) Number Of CPUs: 1 CPU Speed: 800 MHz L2 Cache (per CPU): 256 KB ...

Migration of OS/2 1.30 to OS/2 2.0 or newer
Hi all, what is the chance to upgrade an OS/2 1.30-system with LAN manager (ethernet with plain NetBIOS), a C-written frontend and a Sybase-SQL-server 1.1 to a newer OS/2-version? The system is installed on a FAT-drive, print-jobs are created by the C-frontend for LaserJet-printers and send directly to the LPT-port or a shared LPT-port on a print-server and several OS/2 1.3-clients access the database also via the C-frontend. I would perfer using WarpServer 4 based on Warp 3, or even just Warp 3 Connect/Warp 4 (without LVM, JFS etc., so WSeB, ACP, MCP or eCS are not an option) the wh...

Updating Odin to Wine 1.0.1 level or port Wine 1.0.1 to OS/2?
Looking on Netlabs there does not appear to have been any activity on Odin since 2006. Meanwhile Wine has reached the 1.0.1 level and is still being developed. Would someone here consider either updating Odin to the latest Wine level or porting Wine to OS/2? I am not any where near capable of taking this on, although I have downloaded the build environment from Paul Smedley's site and built a few programs on my own. All that I have worked on has either compiled immediately in the environment or required very few very minor tweaks. I am sure that either updating Odin or porting Wine is...

Driver and URL for OS/390 V2.1 and DB2 UDB 6.1 !!
Hi, I am trying to connect to DB2 V6.1 which sits on OS/390 V2.1 thru Java using JDBC I have installed the IBM development Kit. I am trying to access this thru Windows environment. When I try connecting I get an Error Message 'Not Suitable Driver'. It does connect properly when I connect locally to database i.e trying to talk to the database thru Java program. Could anyone give me the exact Driver and URL for this specifications please?? Thanks, Jagannath ...

OS/2 Lan Server V3.0 for sale with OS/2 2.1
http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29296-2357-0?uid=4289490&site=0&ver=LCA080805&item=120067699646&lk=URL ...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.13 (v13) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Dear All, I've just released the newest version of Mac Graphviz, featuring shapefile support and enhanced zoom. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ Shapefiles supported include PDF, EPS, PS, JPEG, PNG and all Quicktime formats. Either specify an absolute or relative (to working directory) file path, or a URL using the shapefile attribute. Developers can now also use the graphviz.framework directly with #include headers in C e.g. using Xcode "Add Frameworks..."; documentation is available from the main Graphviz site -- http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/libguide.pdf...

Dear All: Them pesky bugs. A few more squashed courtesy of the sleepy pixel. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new in v11 ------------ Fixed some comprehensive help [NRi]. Fixed scale option placeholder [NRi]. Improved application and document icons. Example files now double-click to open in application. What's new in v12 ------------ Added layout option tooltips [NRi]. Fixed layout popup button changing wrong graph [MKe]. Clicking on warning icon now opens Activity window [NRi, AM]. Revert menu item now disabled. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brillian...

Web resources about - Drivers: USB 1.1 Extended Control Driver for OS/2 - comp.os.os2.announce