Java Error Message

I have checked my config.sys file and have no mention of Java 1.1.6
installed.  Everything points to Java 1.4.

When I attempt to run LVMGUI I get the following error message:
	[C:\]lvmgui
You are running Java Version 1.1.6

[C:\OS2\JAVAAPPS]JAVAPM -nojit lvmgui
SYS1041: The name JAVAPM is not recognized as an
internal or external command, operable program or batch fil
    63 *-*       javapm '-nojit' progname parameters;
       +++         RC(1041)

How do I resolve this? What have I done wrong?
Thanks,
Hap--

comp.os.os2.apps 3115 articles. 0 followers. ktmeringtonNOSPAM (8) is leader. Post Follow

Sir:

A. Willard Reese wrote:
> I have checked my config.sys file and have no mention of Java 1.1.6
> installed.  Everything points to Java 1.4.
>
> When I attempt to run LVMGUI I get the following error message:
> 	[C:\]lvmgui
> You are running Java Version 1.1.6
>
> [C:\OS2\JAVAAPPS]JAVAPM -nojit lvmgui
> SYS1041: The name JAVAPM is not recognized as an
> internal or external command, operable program or batch fil
>     63 *-*       javapm '-nojit' progname parameters;
>        +++         RC(1041)
>
> How do I resolve this? What have I done wrong?
> Thanks,
> Hap--

Look in your ini files using Regedit/2.  Use the find using the key word
Java.  Edit entries that point to the old Java to point to the new.  Or
you can use the full path to the Java executable to avoid letting the
runtime search the ini.
--
Bill
Thanks a Million!
On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 13:36:03 GMT, A. Willard Reese <awreese@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> I have checked my config.sys file and have no mention of Java 1.1.6
> installed.  Everything points to Java 1.4.
>
> When I attempt to run LVMGUI I get the following error message:
> 	[C:\]lvmgui
> You are running Java Version 1.1.6

What does
[C:\]java -fullversion
tell you?

Also, what version of Java 1.4 do you have installed?  Golden Code's or
Innotek's?  LVMGUI won't work properly with Golden Code's.

--
Alex Taylor
http://www.cs-club.org/~alex

Remove hat to reply (reply-to address).
0
Alex

MATLAB R2007b Java errors in X11.app/OS X 10.5 Leopard
I am running xterm under quartz-wm in X11.app in Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. I am running MATLAB from the CLI with no desktop. I've written a file in my /Applications/MATLAB/ directory called java.opts that contains the -Dapple.awt.graphics.UseQuartz=true like that Brian mentioned in similar thread. However, while this initially seemed to quell problems with java errors being written, I'm currently getting the following errors: Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException at apple.awt.CGraphicsEnvironment.displayChanged(CGraphicsEnvironment.jav...

java error message java.io not found in import
Hi i'm trying to run a code like but i'm getting all the time the same error Class java.io not found in import import Java.io i guess the problem is that i dont have the header in the include folder,doenst anyone have solution for me? thread wrote: > Hi i'm trying to run a code like but i'm getting all the time the same > error > Class java.io not found in import > import Java.io 1. Capitalization matters. The package name is `java.io', not `Java.io' 2. The first-person subjective pronoun is `I', not `i'. 3. There is no class `java.io'; there ...

Error Code :17410 Error State :null Error Message :No more data to read from socket Stack Trace : java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket
Hi, I see the following errors in the logs: Error Code :17410 Error State :null Error Message :No more data to read from socket Stack Trace : java.sql.SQLException: No more data to read from socket at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:114) at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:156) at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.check_error(DBError.java:803) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.MAREngine.unmarshalUB1(MAREngine.java:731) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.MAREngine.unmarshalSB1(MAREngine.java:690) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java:372) at oracle.jdbc.ttc7...

java error message?
Recently I've been getting the following message when I visit different sites: "Internet Explorer can not open this helper application for dtdp://748/331/1/jgen44.cjt1.net/HTM/704/0/javasiterequest.asp?LV=60008DC=453&NFD&IW=7208JH=300&ORD=1111355390281?&. The protocol specified in this address is not valid. Make sure the address is correct and try again." I think I copied it correctly (kinda blurry, had to copy as bitmap). Any idea what is missing here? What "request" is being made from this site, or what helper application is missing? Was i...

JAVA error message
I am trying to get a handle on the experimental ODS graphics output for proc corr and encountered a problem. ods graphics on; ods html file='C:\MOMA_Analysis\correl.html'; proc corr data=MOMA.meansincolumns nosimple plots=MATRIX; var angle heading seed_yld Seed_mass Til_N Til_dia Til_Len S_Nod Pan_len Pan_nod L_len L_wid; run; ods html close; ods graphics off; run; The following error message was displayed: 'The unsupported JRE version 1.5 was installed.' Can't load class com/sas/tk/util/SetStandardOut. Can't redirect System.err to SAS log. Can't load clas...

Why do Java apps insist on announcing that they are Java apps?
Why is it that when one runs a Java app (on Windows, at least), the stupid and annoying Sun Java2 system tray applet pops up a message balloon saying, "Wheeee!!! You've just started a Java app!! Aren't you lucky and aren't I special?!?!?!" I see this with java web applets (like chatroom apps), and I assume it happens for Java desktop apps as well. (Note: The actual balloon message is "Java(TM) 2 Platform - Visit us for more information at: http://www.java.com".) So annoying. Whenever I see that messaage come up I think to myself, "Yeah? We...

[compilation error] debugging this error message "Object() in java.lang.Object cannot be applied to"
Hi,I have a class called Device that instantiates another class DbMoneyin this manner:=== return new DbMoney( money, hardware.getName() );===1) Both are in the same package, i.e. my.IMoney & my.Device2) When I compile them, javac complains with the error:Object() in java.lang.Object cannot be applied to (my.IMoney,java.lang.String) return new DbMoney( money, hardware.getName() ) ^Q) My arguments to the DbMoney constructor match that of its declaredmethod parameters. So that can't be the problem. What am I doingwrong ?Gavin On Mar 28, 3:25 pm, "Gavin&...

How do I launch a new Java app from a running Java app?
Here is the motivation for my question. I have a Swing-based application that is launched using Web Start. I would like this application to launch other application instances using it's own classpath (e.g. fork new instances of itself) when the user invokes certain functions. I know that I can use Runtime or ProcessBuilder to launch another Java application. If I use this approach, how can I get the current application's classpath so that I can pass it as an argument to the Java sub process? Sincerely, Steve A On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 02:57:28 +0800, steve.albin@gmail.com wrote (in arti...

(assert-error) tests errors and error messages
I wrote (assert-error) to make sure that a function generates an error, and verify the error message. What do you think? Below is the definition and a few test cases, for Emacs 22.1.50. (require 'cl) (defmacro assert-error (form &optional regexp) "FORM must signal an error. Signal an error otherwise. Additionally, the error message must match REGEXP. Case is ignored while matching REGEXP." (let ((msg (make-symbol "msg")) (ok (make-symbol "ok")) (res (make-symbol "res"))) `(let ((,ok nil)) (condition-case err ...

Error message OS 10048
Help! I'm trying to get Apache 2.0 to run on XP Home edition. This may be the problem, I'm not sure -- does Apache require XP Professional? Anyway, the error message I'm getting is OS 10048 -- :makesock couldn't bind with 80, no listening sockets available. Any idea how to make this work on my system? Thanks -- Mike ...

Java apps and doing OS stuff
We use bourne shell scripts (on Linux and Solaris) to do things like: + pre-process commands and launch our java app --> e.g. user can simply type: ./seahorse start + OS specific pre|post-installation during installs and upgrades --> recursive copying a directory + retaining permissions, etc.... To have our app run on Win NT/2000/XP we would have to convert our shell scripts to use dos batch files but we are finding that we are missing things like: + getting the current dir (into a script var) + conditional processing on (non-)existence of a directory + choice command So th...

Java pop-up error message
Folks, Interesting one here. I've implemented a right mouse click popup menu thingy that I found somewhere (code included below). It works perfectly using the appletviewer but when I view it in IE6.0 & NN7.1 I get the following error message "java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.awt.AWTPermission accessClipboard)": Would appreciate you comments... ****** ERROR MESSAGE AS FOLLOWS ******* Java(TM) Plug-in: Version 1.4.2_03 Using JRE version 1.4.2_03 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM User home directory = C:\Documents and Settings\amurphy Proxy Configu...

Re: JAVA error message
How timely!!! I've just got this error and found the answer!! See SN-015237 Tech Note. You either need to uninstall Java v1.5 and re-install v1.4 OR modify your SAS v9 config file ( !sasroot\nls\en file) as demonstrated in the Tech Note. I haven't made the change yet, but will here in a few hours. John Gerstle, MS Biostatistician Northrop Grumman CDC Information Technological Support Contract (CITS) NCHSTP \DHAP \HICSB \Research, Analysis, and Evaluation Section Centers for Disease Control and Prevention "As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certai...

app not naming itself in error message
what is the mechanism by which a well-behaved application will identify itself when it causes an error message to pop up? it's really annoying to get an anonymous message like this one that occurs every time i boot up lately. from syslog: 20 Jan 21:53:26 100 ***Error*** 20 Jan 21:53:26 100 Title : Error 20 Jan 21:53:26 100 Task : Unknown task 20 Jan 21:53:26 100 Message : File 'share' not found 20 Jan 21:53:26 100 (Alan Wrigley's !Errormon shows the additional information that it is error�number &0000 00D6.) the er...

Error message OS 10048
Help! I'm trying to get Apache 2.0 to run on XP Home edition. This may be the problem, I'm not sure -- does Apache require XP Professional? Anyway, the error message I'm getting is OS 10048 -- :makesock couldn't bind with 80, no listening sockets available. Any idea how to make this work on my system? Thanks -- Mike ...

Java compilation error message.
Attempting to write my first java program that accepts user input. When I add the listner events to the code it will not compile. Below is the code along with the error message: Code: import javax.swing.*; import java.awt.event.*; public class LottoEvent implements ItemListener, ActionListener, Runnable { } Compilation Error message: javac LottoEvent.Java: LottoEvent is not abstract and does not override abstract method itemStateChanged(java.awt.event.ItemEvent) in java.awt.event.ItemListener public class LottoEvent implements ItemListener, ActionListener, Runnable ...

Error message for desktop app
Trying to run this app under Win4Lin it is very slow, but under Wine the image is chopped up by repeated lines: fixme:x11drv:X11DRV_SetWindowRgn not supported on other thread window 0x10022 Is this fixable at this time? Doug. -- ICQ Number 178748389. Registered Linux User No. 277548. Happiness is nothing more than good health and a bad memory. - Albert Schweitzer. ...

smtp error message solved (was Re: smtp error message)
I just discovered the meaning of a mysterious error code; or at least one possible meaning. The problem was that an smtp mail message didn't get sent out from one system I administer to another system I administer, and that messages between them worked fine earlier, and there was no config change. The sending system is DIGITAL TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS Alpha Version V4.2 - ECO 1 on a AlphaStation 255/300 running OpenVMS V7.1-2 The receiving system is HP TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS Alpha Version V5.4 - ECO 1 on a Digital Personal WorkStation running OpenVMS V7.3-2 The UCX SMTP log file on the sending system shows an error message of: smtp_sender_close sclose R0 status = -1, errno = 65535, vaxc$errno = 316 where: $ exit 316 %SYSTEM-F-IVCHAN, invalid I/O channel On the receiving system, there is no new TCPIP$SMTP_RECV_RUN.LOG file. Restarting SMTP on both systems had no effect. Restarting the entire TCPIP package on both systems also had no effect. As it turns out, the sending system is just fine, the error is on the receiving system, and the error code has nothing to do with the error! I have disk quotas enabled on the system disk. Without realizing it, the TCPIP$SMTP account had exceeded its disk quota. This caused the receiving process to terminate early. Subsequent activations of the smtp receiver were immediately over quota and never got started. I'm a little hazy on why the lack of error message, or the entire sequence of failures. When I...

Java out of memory error message
Within the last couple of weeks I have started to get the following error message after running for a while: 'Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space' If I keep operating, the ML will crash. I am running 7.2.0.232 under Windows Vista Enterprise, with SP 2, 2.00 GB RAM. The software is installed on my PC, but our environment requires us to save data, etc. to a network drive. Any ideas? Barry "Barry Williams" <barry.r.williamsnospam@saic.com> wrote in message <jobqup$4pf$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>......

OS/2 Error Messages
Hi guys, I have a problem with a few old Scenic tower servers. I am not sure if I have various different problems or just 1 across several sites. And the reporting of the problems is not too clear but I have some samples below; system has stopped error 2-0160:FFF5EC7F-000D:9C7F 60000,9084 048600B4 internal revision 6.617,94-01-28. exception in device driver $ socket - the system has stopped - detected a processing error at location ##0160 FFF5C3C00-000D a3c0.60000,9084 The system detected an internal processing error at location ##0160:ff5c3c0-000d:a3c0. 60000,9084' 0586068...

How do I debug a java error message?
I'm not familiar with java but I use a few java methods which I got from the Mathworks support page. The error I get is below. ??? Error using ==> insert3 at 263 Java exception occurred: sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcBatchUpdateException: SQL Attempt to produce a ResultSet from executeBatch at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcStatement.executeBatchUpdate(Unknown Source) at sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcStatement.executeBatch(Unknown Source) The code adds data to a MySQL database. Here's a code snippet: conn = database(DB,Login,Password,Driver,[URL DB]); % MySQL database via JDBC connHandle = conn.H...

Better Java error messages
Newbie question here, I have been going through Java error messages sent to me at work here to get acclimated to the Java language (PHP, .NET programmer in the past). Is there any way of seeing what variables have been set by the user using the application? In other words, if someone submits a form and there is a first name and last name field, can I see in my error display those variables? So with the backtrace, all the "global" variables would be displayed? I might then see a NullPointerException because someone didn't enter the first name, and I did not catch it. If not, is...

Re: JAVA error message #2
Thank you John. I took the easy way out by uninstalling vs 1.5 and reinstalling vs 1.4 from the SUN website as you suggested. Worked like a charm. On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:00:53 -0500, Gerstle, John <yzg9@CDC.GOV> wrote: >How timely!!! I've just got this error and found the answer!! > >See SN-015237 Tech Note. You either need to uninstall Java v1.5 and >re-install v1.4 OR modify your SAS v9 config file ( !sasroot\nls\en >file) as demonstrated in the Tech Note. > >I haven't made the change yet, but will here in a few hours. > >John Gerstle, MS >Bio...

flat java apps
Hello Firstly I'm sorry of my english lang ;). So I've strange problem, same computer, same win XP (with latest updates), but another accounts(profiles). In one profile everything is ok, but in other all java apps are flat. good profile screen: http://www.dreamcorp.pl/java/java_ok.gif flat screen: http://www.dreamcorp.pl/java/java_2.gif I think, that something is not starting, but what? -- Best regards Rafi +++++++++++to++nie++jest++reklama++;)+++++++++++ www.BAZAREK.pl - DARMOWE SKLEPY INTERNETOWE, Otw�rz sklep online i zarabiaj-bez op�at, bez prowizji ++++++++++++++++++++++...

Web resources about - Java Error Message - comp.os.os2.apps

Message - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A message is a discrete unit of communication intended by the source for consumption by some recipient or group of recipients. A message may ...

Brazil frees imprisoned Facebook exec who couldn’t decrypt WhatsApp messages
(credit: Jeso Carneiro ) A Brazilian judge has ordered the release of a Facebook executive one day after he was jailed in São Paulo for "repeated ...

Cops have message for whoever left drugs in hotel
"We feel horrible for your loss," police in Macedonia, Ohio wrote in a tongue-in-check Facebook post

Christian removed from EasyJet flight over 'prayer' message on his phone
A Christian has been removed from an EasyJet flight after a passenger saw a WhatsApp message on his phone and thought he might be a terrorist. ...

Two victory speeches, two different messages
On Super Tuesday Hillary Clinton delivered a general election message, while fellow frontrunner Donald Trump directed much of his fire at Marco ...

Two victory speeches, two different messages
On Super Tuesday Hillary Clinton delivered a general election message, while fellow frontrunner Donald Trump directed much of his fire at Marco ...

Beware of iOS hiding your email messages
As enterprises rely ever more deeply on mobile devices for email, CIOs beware. A bug in iOS is periodically hiding email messages, in a way that ...

America’s Message To The New Canadian Prime Minister – Innovation Matters
Obama shouldn’t hesitate to hold Trudeau’s feet to the fire on his campaign promises to jumpstart Canada’s flagging economy.

White supremacist broadcasting Trump's message ... from inside Trump's rallies
Donald Trump loves feuding with the press, and has made attacking the media a centerpiece of his campaign. There's one outlet, however, that ...

Justin Timberlake Celebrates Jessica Biel's Birthday With the Sweetest Message and Kissy Pic
Justin Timberlake Celebrates Jessica Biel's Birthday With the Sweetest Message and Kissy Pic