Java Runtime and Java 1.4.1?

Can someone help me by clarifying the relationship between Java Kit
1.4.1_os2 and the Java Runtime version 1.12 (build 20).
I need to know how to set these up so some of the programs I run don't
come back with "Java not found" (or something similar).
I have both installed on my C: (os2) drive. Java 1.4.1 is in a
directory titled JAVA14 and the runtime is in a directory titled
JRT14.  Both are Innotek versions.
And how about the config.sys file?  What and where do I need to edit?
Thanks,

comp.os.os2.apps 3115 articles. 0 followers. ktmeringtonNOSPAM (8) is leader. Post Follow

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:52:24 GMT, A. Willard Reese <awreese@bellsouth.net>
wrote:
> Can someone help me by clarifying the relationship between Java Kit
> 1.4.1_os2 and the Java Runtime version 1.12 (build 20).
> I need to know how to set these up so some of the programs I run don't
> come back with "Java not found" (or something similar).
> I have both installed on my C: (os2) drive. Java 1.4.1 is in a
> directory titled JAVA14 and the runtime is in a directory titled
> JRT14.  Both are Innotek versions.

I think you are confused.  There is no Innotek Java 1.4.1 release.  There
is, however, an Innotek Java 1.4.2 release.

Furthermore, there is no such thing as the Java Runtime version 1.12.
Is it possible you've mistaken the Innotek Runtime for such a thing?

Innotek Runtime and Innotek Java are separate things.  The Innotek Runtime
is a set of files required by several Innotek products, including Acrobat
Reader, and Java 1.4.2.  But it has nothing to do with Java in and of
itself.

To get Java working:
 (1) Install the Innotek Runtime.
 (2) Install Innotek Java (either JRE or SDK version).
 (3) Optionally add the java\bin directory to your path (see below).

> And how about the config.sys file?  What and where do I need to edit?

You don't need to touch CONFIG.SYS, although you can optionally put the
java 'bin' directory into your PATH if you want java.exe available from
a command prompt.

--
Alex Taylor
http://www.cs-club.org/~alex

Remove hat to reply (reply-to address).
0
Alex
6/29/2005 2:11:02 PM
Sir:

A. Willard Reese wrote:
> Can someone help me by clarifying the relationship between Java Kit
> 1.4.1_os2 and the Java Runtime version 1.12 (build 20).
> I need to know how to set these up so some of the programs I run don't
> come back with "Java not found" (or something similar).
> I have both installed on my C: (os2) drive. Java 1.4.1 is in a
> directory titled JAVA14 and the runtime is in a directory titled
> JRT14.  Both are Innotek versions.
> And how about the config.sys file?  What and where do I need to edit?
> Thanks,

Innotek Java 1.4.1 is the old version.  Get Innotek Java 1.4.2.
<http://www.innotek.de/products_e.html>  Install as Alex says.
--
Bill
Thanks a Million!
<wlhartzell@comcast.net> wrote:

> Sir:
>
> A. Willard Reese wrote:
> > Can someone help me by clarifying the relationship between Java Kit
> > 1.4.1_os2 and the Java Runtime version 1.12 (build 20).
> > I need to know how to set these up so some of the programs I run don't
> > come back with "Java not found" (or something similar).
> > I have both installed on my C: (os2) drive. Java 1.4.1 is in a
> > directory titled JAVA14 and the runtime is in a directory titled
> > JRT14.  Both are Innotek versions.
> > And how about the config.sys file?  What and where do I need to edit?
> > Thanks,
> >
> Innotek Java 1.4.1 is the old version.  Get Innotek Java 1.4.2.
> <http://www.innotek.de/products_e.html>  Install as Alex says.

I deleted all the Java stuff from my hard drive and downloaded from
the InnoTek site the following;
	I first downloaded InnoTekruntime_112b20.exe which I installed in a
directory titled  JRT14.
	I then downloaded InnoTek OS/2 Kit for Java (17 meg and is a file
titled install.exe). I installed that in directory titled Java14.

	I also added Java14/bin to my path statement in the config.sys file.

	Still no work.  If I go to this site I can not get into a Java chat
room.      http://noairtogo.tripod.com/pfchat.htm
I'm at a loss to know where to go from here.
Willard

A. Willard Reese wrote:

> 	I then downloaded InnoTek OS/2 Kit for Java (17 meg and is a file
> 	If I go to this site I can not get into a Java chat

You need to copy some plugin files.  See the included docs, as well as
http://www.os2bbs.com/os2news/Warpzilla.html
0
Steve
6/30/2005 2:31:03 AM
On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 02:31:03 UTC, Steve Wendt <spamsux@forgetit.org>
wrote:

> A. Willard Reese wrote:
>
> > 	I then downloaded InnoTek OS/2 Kit for Java (17 meg and is a file
> > 	If I go to this site I can not get into a Java chat
>
> You need to copy some plugin files.  See the included docs, as well as
> http://www.os2bbs.com/os2news/Warpzilla.html

I installed the plugins shortly after installing Java.  That is not
the problem.
Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
Willard

Sir:

A. Willard Reese wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 02:31:03 UTC, Steve Wendt <spamsux@forgetit.org>
>  wrote:
>
>> A. Willard Reese wrote:
>>
>>> I then downloaded InnoTek OS/2 Kit for Java (17 meg and is a file
>>>  If I go to this site I can not get into a Java chat
>> You need to copy some plugin files.  See the included docs, as well
>> as http://www.os2bbs.com/os2news/Warpzilla.html
>
> I installed the plugins shortly after installing Java.  That is not
> the problem. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
Did you install Innotek's Ipluginw.dll?  I use the xpi version and just
drag and drop it on the Mozilla screen and it installs.  With the zip
version you have to manually put the dll into components directory.

--
Bill
Thanks a Million!

Serialization between Java 1.1.4 and Java 1.4.1
Hello, It seems to me to be in some kinda trouble. I wanted to implement communication between Java applet and Server through sockets and Serialization. So, I serialize Object, send it to server which deserialize it with no problems. In other direction problems came out since Object serialized under Java 1.4.1 seems to be not deserializable under Java 1.1.4. (MS VM). If applet si run under J2, there are no problems, but I cannot push people to download some 15MB of new JRE just to accomplish my requirements, especially if applet needs not implementation of features of new JRE... ...

java web server 1.1.3 and java 1.4.1 problem
Hello I have got a weird problem with Java web server v 1.1.3 running with java version "1.4.1_01" Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1_01-b01) Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.1_01-b01, mixed mode) I have added the following paths to my classpath: D:\JavaWebServer1.1.3\lib\jws.jar D:\JavaWebServer1.1.3\servlets The servlets directory contain servlets and I can run them through localhost/servlet/<servletname> However if I add a new (my own)servlet to that directory, I am not able to run them. It shows HTTP 404 - File not found. I think, one has ...

Problems with Fonts porting app from Java 1.1 to Java 1.2+
Hi Folks, I have some promblems with the "Serif"-Fonts when I'm trying to run my application under Java 1.2 (or higher) on some machines (strangely it doesn't occur on every machine with 1.2+). The Problem is that the Serif-Fonts I use in the application are instanciated well if they are plain but don't work if I instanciate them bold or italic. The Font-Files in font.properties regarding the bold and italic Fonts for "Serif" are setted well and exist. Does anybody have a hint what's needed (possibly I forgot a special setup) to gain access for these Fonts? ...

Job to convert Java App 1.3.1 to Java Newest of Java
I am looking for a excellent and fast developer to convert my existing Java program using (1.3.1) to the newest version of Java. The program uses Graphics and database routines. Review web site http://www.uprealimager.com For those developers interested in a small conversion project please reply for additional details. Thank you, Michael Kintner, MCSE, MGP CEO, Business Network Developer CNerd Inc 518 Queen Street Olean, New York 14760 ...

java 1.4 fail with java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError but 1.5, 1.6 ok
My JNI program is working with java 1.5 & 1.6 but fail with java 1.4 on a HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64 computer. Please help even though java 1.4 is old. $ /opt/java1.4/bin/java -d32 -jar jHw.jar Failed to load MycompAPI and MycompAPI_64 libraries. java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no MycompAPI_64 in java.library.path at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1542) at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:795) at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:834) at com.chrysalisits.crypto.MycompAPI.<clinit>(MycompAPI.java: 47) at com.chrys...

RMI between Java 1.4 and Java 1.5 problem
When attempting to RMI between a 1.4 client and a 1.5 server ( with a 1.5 interface, remote object, stubs and skeletons using the -vcompat rmic flag ), I get the following error: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: java.rmi.server.RemoteObjectInvocation Handler (no security manager: RMI class loader disabled) The plot thickens. The 1.4 client will connect to the 1.5 server if I run the 1.4 client classes in a 1.5 jvm. However, when I run the 1.4 compiled classes in a 1.4 jvm I get no joy. Any ideas anyone? The context is this: getting a Java strored procedure in an Oracle database ru...

Java 1.4 versus Java 1.5 Certification
I haven't got any Java Certification before, and I want to get one. I am thinking should I take Java 1.4 or Java 1.5? I even saw Java 1.2 exam is still available on sun's site. I guess it makes more sense to take Java 1.5 exam since it is the latest Java version. Can either Java 1.4 or 1.5 exam be the prerequisite for other advanced Java exams? please advise. thanks jrefactors@hotmail.com wrote: > I haven't got any Java Certification before, and I want to > get one. I am thinking should I take Java 1.4 or Java 1.5? > I even saw Java 1.2 exam is still available on sun&#...

How advanced is java 1.6 with respect to java 1.1 ?
I've learned java 1.1 using a relatively old video tutorial and realized it only later. Is java 1.1 similar to java 1.6 or is it radically different ? And if its similar, what additional features do I need to learn ? broli wrote: > I've learned java 1.1 using a relatively old video tutorial and > realized it only later. > > Is java 1.1 similar to java 1.6 or is it radically different ? > > And if its similar, what additional features do I need to learn ? Everything you have learned is still valid (except for a few very obscure points). But there has added some ...

JBoss (java 1.4 + hibernate -> java 1.5)
hi, I'm searching for a documents describing the things to get in mind so that if I build now application for java 1.4+hibernate to be as much as possibly 1.5 ready, with minimum changes afterwards. Examples, links, documentations, whitepapers .... are welcome. I'm talking primary about JBoss. tia i also meaned ejb 2.1+hibernate -> ejb3.0 :) iraptor@gmail.com wrote: > i also meaned ejb 2.1+hibernate -> ejb3.0 :) I don't recommend you to use ejb2.1 as it is completely different from ejb3, as EJB3 beans are just empowered POJOs. Instead, you probably should use j2ee1.4 + Spring + Hibernate. EJB3 has a lot of commonality with Spring: * Business interfaces do not have to extend EJB Interface * No more home interface * Use Dependency Injection * Business methods in remote EJB are not required to throw RemoteException * Meta data can be embedded in source code, such as annotation in Java EE 5 and Spring (in J2EE 1.4 with JVM 5) or Commons Attribute in Spring (in J2EE 1.3 or 1.4 with JVM 3 or 4). the problem is that I have idea of Hibernate and Spring, but just the idea...and the time is tight.. But anyway thanks I think that is the right way...'cause when I have all the logic as POJO wrapped around Hibernate+Spring, if I want to move to EJB3.0 will preserve these POJO objects and rewrite just the rest wich as idea should be similar 'cause EJB stole alot from them... Of cource there should be some drawbacks too ? :) Is there some info how Hiber...

Call Java 1.5 Jar from Java 1.4 JVM ?
Is it possible to call a Jar file complied with Java 1.5 from a 1.4 JVM ? I have done a wee bit of testing and I get : "class file has wrong version 49.0, should be 48.0" To be honest, this is preretty much what I expected, but I need to do some investigation on this. The reason is this: App A <----> App B App A is a 3rd Party component we use and it's being moved to Java 1.5 (we have no access to the code base) App B uses a JAR file from App A (subclasses off it and calls APIs) However, App B is Java 1.4 and is part of a framework that that is 1.4. App B and the Fr...

Uninstalling Java Runtime Environment.1.4.1
Is there a prefered way to this on a Redhat 8.0 linux system. TIA Tom ...

Conflict Java 1.3.1 and 1.4
Hey all, Question........ I use two different webpages that are Java run. One using Version 1.3 and the other 1.4. If one of the versions is installed the other page is no longer viewable and Visa versa. Is there a way to link the version to be used by the specific page? Other solutions are welcom. The two pages are not self made. (one is BMC the other is CA made) Ivo Exactly what technology are you using here? Are these pages JSP/Servlets or Applets? If you're using JSP/Servlets, you can only use one JDK version per instance of the servlet container. You can run two containers on the same machine (as long as they are bound to different ports). -Nathan ivo.mulders@abp.nl (Ivo Mulders) wrote in message news:<4dae8763.0310060117.19e03e40@posting.google.com>... > Hey all, > Question........ > I use two different webpages that are Java run. One using Version 1.3 > and the other 1.4. If one of the versions is installed the other page > is no longer viewable and Visa versa. > Is there a way to link the version to be used by the specific page? > Other solutions are welcom. The two pages are not self made. (one is > BMC the other is CA made) > Ivo ...

Java interpreter not starting after update to FP10 (testet with JDK 1.4.1. / 1.4.2)
After updating to FP10, everytime i want to execute a stored procedure it gives me an error "Java or .NET interpreter startup or communication failed". In the db2diag.log there is an info just bevore the error saing that it attempts loading "libjvm.so" and also there is something about an SQL08023 which I could not find any information about. Anyone had similar problems? Would appreciate any help/tips which could lead to a solution. Regards, Janick I just found out that SQL08023, which seems to be SQL8023N, is a licencing issue (to many connections for th...

OO 1.1 and java 1.3.1
Am attempting to install OO 1.1, but with just Java 1.3.1, and the install documentation says that without at least 1.4.1, I cannot make use of full capabilties. I infer from this that I should be able to OO crippled. However, However, OO does not like it when I point to my 131 JRE. Comments? -- Sir: David I. Smith wrote: > Am attempting to install OO 1.1, but with just Java 1.3.1, and the > install documentation says that without at least 1.4.1, I cannot make > use of full capabilties. I infer from this that I should be able to > OO crippled. However, However, OO...

SN#21034 Java News Bites: J2SE 1.4.2 EOL, Jersey 1.0.1, JavaFX and Java's Future, Multilingual GlassFish Updates, Sun Supports Alice, JavaFX Samples, JBoss 5
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 130 Issue 3 2008-12-19 Article 21034 from section "Java Technology" Short Items of Interest to the Java Community - J2SE 1.4.2 End Of Life - Jersey 1.0.1 Implements JAX-RS 1.0 - Sun's Director of Technology Outreach on JavaFX, future of Java - Recent Updates to Multilingual GlassFish - Sun Teams with Carnegie Mellon in Support of Alice - Get More Samples of JavaFX - Redhat's JBoss AS 5.0 Complies with JSR 244 [url "http://blogs.systemnews.com" "http://blogs.systemnews.com"] Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/g?A=21034 Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you via email each week in text or HTML. Only the sections that you select will be included in your copy of the news magazine. Subscribe at http://sun.systemnews.com/subscribe Free 4-week trial is available. (c) 2008 System News, Inc. http://www.systemnews.com ...

polish unicode works in java 1.1, but not with Sun java 1.2 vm
I have written the interface to my applet in polish using unicode escape codes eg. \u0144 for the non latin characters. This works fine under java 1.1. ( I compiled using -target 1.1 -bootclasspath c:\jdk1.1.8 ... -extdirs "" and ran the applet using MS VM). However when the applet is used with the Sun Java VM (Java 2 v1.4)in the browser the escape codes do not work. They work for graphical output such as g.drawString("% st\u0119\u017cenia ...) but for the java awt labels and choice menus they just display little squares. So the MS VM seems to be using the correct fonts but the...

Problem installing Java 1.4.1 on OS X 10.2
I've a PowerBook G4 with OS X 10.2. I've downloaded the Java 1.4.1 update (a ..dmg file) and unpacked it so I have .pkg file. When I run the installer it exits with: "The application installer has unexpectedly quit" (as soon as I enter my pass phrase and hit return). Any ideas what is wrong? Regards, Stephen. ...

What's New, Java 1.1 thru 1.4
Hi! Where can I find something like a "What's new?" announcement for Java version 1.1 thru 1.4? Would I have to download each & every release? TIA Al Al Whitener schrieb am 03.11.2003 00:06: > Hi! > > Where can I find something like a "What's new?" announcement for Java > version 1.1 thru 1.4? Would I have to download each & every release? Happy readings: :) http://java.sun.com/products/jdk/1.2/ReleaseNotes.html http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/ReleaseNotes.html http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/changes.html http:/...

Mozilla 1.7, Java 1.4.1, and npgcd.dll
I just installed Mozilla 1.7. The instructions for running with Java 1.4.1 say to install npgcd.dll to the plugins directory. Can anyone tell me where to find npgcd.dll? -- John Varela (Trade "OLD" lamps for "NEW" for email.) I apologize for munging the address but the spam was too much. John Varela wrote: > I just installed Mozilla 1.7. The instructions for running with Java 1.4.1 > say to install npgcd.dll to the plugins directory. > > Can anyone tell me where to find npgcd.dll? As far as I know, GoldenCode Java doesn't have a plugin for Mozilla...

HELP: Unicode in Java 1.3.1 vs 1.4.2
Hi All, according to http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/i18n/text/string.html: "If a byte array contains non-Unicode text, you can convert the text to Unicode with one of the String constructor methods. Conversely, you can convert a String object into a byte array of non-Unicode characters with the String.getBytes method. When invoking either of these methods, you specify the encoding identifier as one of the parameters." It works fine in Java 1.3.1 ------------------------------------------------------------------ // Convert ASCII to Unicode str_uni = new String(str_ascii.g...

Java 1.4.2 Vs 1.5 Vs 1.6
I'm sure this question has been posted but I've not found anydefinitive answer.I maintain a product line that consists of a dedicated Linux systemrunning Java to provide a GUI interface as a control system forunderlying hardware. I've been working to move to jdk 1.5 (not hardbut I'm busy) and now this new DST thing which is not covered by theversion I've been porting to (1.5.0-b64) makes me want to rethingabout going to the latest 1.6. It seems every version change hadproblems in the beginning and I didn't even try 1.6 because of that.Now I'm thinking about it again...

Java 1.4.1 Installer
Hi all, I need a "standalone" for java1.4.1. I have been to Apple's site's and at this time it is not available, they took it off for now. I have been on the phone with Apple, and they said it wont be available to download for some time. Why I dont know. If anyone has a installer for this would you PLEASE upload it here. Without out a installer I'm screwed untill Apple put's it back up. Many thank's. Mike Do you have Panther? Java 1.4.1 is part of Panther. -- "No urban night is like the night [in NYC]...here is our poetry, for we have pulled down the stars to our will." - Ezra Pound, poet and critic, 9/18/1912, reflecting on New York City In article <061120032249341158%no@spam.invalid>, Keeper of the Purple Twilight <no@spam.invalid> wrote: > Do you have Panther? Java 1.4.1 is part of Panther. No I don't. Mac OS 10.2.8 ...

Mozilla 1.4.1 & Java Media framwork 2.1.1e ?
Short version : How do I make Mozilla find the Java Media framework Jar's ? Long Version: On Solaris 8 : SunOS rigel 5.8 Generic_108528-27 sun4u sparc I have set up a user with these Env Variables : JMFHOME=/opt/JMF-2.1.1e CLASSPATH=/opt/JMF-2.1.1e/lib/jmf.jar:/opt/JMF-2.1.1e/lib/sound.jar:.: And added /opt/JMF-2.1.1e/lib to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH These values are Exported in /etc/profile . After following the setup instructions on this URL: http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/2.1.1/setup-sol.html And Trying to run the di...

Java 1.4.2 Vs 1.5 Vs 1.6 #2
I'm sure this question has been posted but I've not found any definitive answer. I maintain a product line that consists of a dedicated Linux system running Java to provide a GUI interface as a control system for underlying hardware. I've been working to move to jdk 1.5 (not hard but I'm busy) and now this new DST thing which is not covered by the version I've been porting to (1.5.0-b64) makes me want to rething about going to the latest 1.6. It seems every version change had problems in the beginning and I didn't even try 1.6 because of that. Now I'm thinking about it again. Can anyone give me a level of comfort about just going to the latest jdk and jre? Is there an advantage to going to the latest 1.6 versus the last 1.5? The liability of 1.6 is, of course, it's not as tested as the previous releases but, as java has matured, I think that some of that may be pretty minimal. I don't have enough data to judge. Can I get opinions? Any input is greatly appreciated. James Kimble wrote: > I'm sure this question has been posted but I've not found any > definitive answer. > > I maintain a product line that consists of a dedicated Linux system > running Java to provide a GUI interface as a control system for > underlying hardware. I've been working to move to jdk 1.5 (not hard > but I'm busy) and now this new DST thing which is not covered by the > version I've been porting to (1.5.0-b64) makes me...

Web resources about - Java Runtime and Java 1.4.1? - comp.os.os2.apps

Common Language Runtime - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Common Language Runtime ( CLR ) is the virtual machine component of Microsoft's .NET framework and is responsible for managing the execution ...

Runtime (@Runtimeapp) on Twitter

Runtime - Simple Run Tracking on the App Store on iTunes
Get Runtime - Simple Run Tracking on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

HSA Foundation Launches ‘HSA 1.0 Final’ – Architecture, Programmers Reference and Runtime Specifications ...
... of the hardware, - the HSA Programmers’ Reference Manual for the software ecosystem targeting tools and compiler developers, - the HSA Runtime ...

ART: The Android runtime that will eventually replace Dalvik is in KitKat in preview form
Google has, for all intents and purposes, rewritten Android several times since first launching the platform back in 2008. But there's a part ...

The Verizon LG G3 has problems with ART — think twice before switching runtimes
... LG G3, particularly on Verizon. If you're the tinkering type who immediately runs to the developer options and enables the experiment ART runtime, ...

ART runtime Archives - Android Origin
The team behind the custom ROM, Paranoid Android, has just released a brand new beta. As always, it includes various bug fixes, but this update ...

runtime Archives - Android Police - Android News, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets
... to make the experience between Android devices and Chromebooks seamless by allowing Android apps to run natively on Chrome (using App Runtime ...

Objective-C Runtime Reference
Describes the data structures and functions of the Objective-C runtime support library.

Apps can affect Mac performance, battery runtime, temperature, and fan activity - Apple Support
You can use Activity Monitor to see whether a Mac app is using more of the CPU than it should.