Printer vs printer vs ...

I have an old HP.  If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the
HP.  If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print.  Why?

Jim L

--
If you think people are out to get you you're paranoid. If you think
people are out to get anybody they can what are you?

Sir:

inkleputDEL@ETEisp.com wrote:
> I have an old HP.  If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the
> HP.  If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print.  Why?

PMview has a size limitation.  Look in the re-size option to see the
largest size to which it will convert a picture.  In order to print,
your image resolution cannot be larger.  Pmview is not using memory
above 512 MiB.  Peter said something about fixing this in later releases
when I brought this up last Winter.  Only recently have cameras been
able to capture images larger than this 'largest' image to print.  This
might be your problem.  Java based image programs don't have this
problem, provided that you have a recent kernel installed (post Warp 4
fixpack 13), which I believe you do.
--
Bill
Thanks a Million!
>> I have an old HP.  If I load a graphic into Mozilla it will print to the
>> HP.  If I load a graphic into PMView it will not print.  Why?
>>

>PMview has a size limitation.  Look in the re-size option to see the
>largest size to which it will convert a picture.  In order to print,
>your image resolution cannot be larger.

Well, I've printed _much_ larger graphics from PMView to previous
printers.  The one I was doing was only 86K.

>Java based image programs
>don't have this  problem, provided that you have a recent kernel
>installed (post Warp 4  fixpack 13), which I believe you do.

eCS.  Kernel 14.103a.

Thanks

Jim L

--
If you think people are out to get you you're paranoid. If you think
people are out to get anybody they can what are you?
0
inkleputDEL
7/16/2005 4:09:16 AM
William L. Hartzell wrote:
> PMview has a size limitation.  Look in the re-size option to see the
> largest size to which it will convert a picture.  In order to print,
> your image resolution cannot be larger.  Pmview is not using memory
> above 512 MiB.

This problem was fixed a looong time ago. Both PMView 2000 v2.32 and
PMView Pro v3.xx will use OS/2 high memory support.

You need to make sure that HMS is enabled in OS/2. You need one of the
later fixpaks (Warp 4 w/ FP13 or later, or eComStation). You also need
to make sure that the OS/2 VIRTUALADDRESSLIMIT is set correctly.

However, you may still be running into printer driver limitations etc.
where the printer driver is not using high memory. PMView cannot help
this.

Best regards,
Peter

0
pnielsen

HP printer vs. Canon printer

OS Smackdown: Linux vs OS X vs Vista vs XP
Mount your soapboxes fanboys of all denominations - It's playtime... OS Smackdown: Linux vs. Mac OS X vs. Windows Vista vs. Windows XP Since the dawn of time - or, at least, the dawn of personal computers - the holy wars over desktop operating systems have raged, with each faction proclaiming the unrivaled superiority of its chosen OS and the vile loathsomeness of all others. No matter how fierce the language or convincing the arguments, however, these battles began to seem somewhat irrelevant to regular working stiffs. While Mac OS, OS/2, Linux and many other desktop operating systems...

OS Smackdown: Linux vs. Mac OS X vs. Vista vs. XP
OS Smackdown: Linux vs. Mac OS X vs. Vista vs. XP Michael DeAgonia, Preston Gralla, David Ramel and James Turner, Computerworld http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/147262/os_smackdown_linux_vs_mac_os_x_vs_vista_vs_xp.html In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Ablang <ron916@gmail.com> wrote on Fri, 20 Jun 2008 19:48:30 -0700 (PDT) <1fc9ff8c-d6e9-486b-956b-a34f943d8699@m3g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>: > OS Smackdown: Linux vs. Mac OS X vs. Vista vs. XP > > Michael DeAgonia, Preston Gralla, David Ramel and James Turner, > Computerworld > > http://www.pcworld.com/bu...

Laser Jet Printers vs Laser vs Inkjet
Dear all: I have a cheapo lexmark printer that is an inkjet printer. I am so displeased with the way that the ink dries up after a few months that I would like to consider other alternatives. Do LaserJet printers have ink that dries up just like InkJets? I am not familiar with why thinks are called lasterJet and Inkjet. Not sure what the difference is btw the two. The bottom line is that I would like a printer which does not dry up even when there is plenty of ink left in the cartridges. Therefore, I guess my question is: Do Laser Jet cartridges dry up? And if I want to...

PS Printer Management vs. Epson Printer Management
Why, on many of the prints I make, I must use Epson's color management, rather than PS's color management, to get a print that most closely matches my monitor? I have an Epson 1280 that I've profiled using GretagMacbeth's Eye-One system. I profiled it for Epson's Premium Photo Glossy paper and MIS inks. Too frequently, when I run a test on 4x6 Epson Premium Photo Glossy paper (soft-proofing is a waste of time for me), I find that, using my profile & letting PS manage the printing, that the print fails miserably to match my monitor's image. (I recalibrate & prof...

Lexmark vs Hp vs Kyocera laser printers
Hi, I am interested in buying a laser printer probably second hand. So i need a printer which is robust and won't need its fuser, drum etc changing after 100000 prints. Also i need low cost per print, i know kyocera is the lowest cost per print but after 300000 prints it is useless and need to throw them in the bin. I need a print which you can obtain cheap parts and cheap toner. Any help would be helpful Thanks shah On 18 Aug 2004 16:51:41 -0700, ali78600@hotmail.com (shah) dijo: >I am interested in buying a laser printer probably second hand. So i >need a printer which is robust and won't need its fuser, drum etc >changing after 100000 prints. Also i need low cost per print, i know >kyocera is the lowest cost per print but after 300000 prints it is >useless and need to throw them in the bin. I need a print which you >can obtain cheap parts and cheap toner. >Any help would be helpful Canon WX engine printers, sold by HP as 5Si, 5Si Mopier, and 8000 (various options for all of the above). They're heavy beasts, but impossible to destroy. Cost for toner is about 25 hundredths of a cent per page, if you buy remans on eBay. Need a maintenance kit every 350,000 prints. Maintenance kits include new rollers, fuser, transfer roller. Cost about $100 on eBay. I have several of these printers, some with many millions of impressions on them, and still going strong. -- Bogus e-mail address, but I read this newsgroup regu...

[...]

Dear all: I have a cheapo lexmark printer that is an inkjet printer. I am so displeased with the way that the ink dries up after a few months that I would like to consider other alternatives. Do LaserJet printers have ink that dries up just like InkJets? I am not familiar with why thinks are called lasterJet and Inkjet. Not sure what the difference is btw the two. The bottom line is that I would like a printer which does not dry up even when there is plenty of ink left in the cartridges. Therefore, I guess my question is: Do Laser Jet cartridges dry up? And if I want to have Cartridges that do not dry up, do I have to buy a Laser printer or are Laser Jets good enough. One last question: What about color LaserJet vs. Color Laser? (ie: same question: do the color ink cartridges dry up?) thx in advance signed: FrustratedWith-InkJet. Saylo1234 wrote: > > Therefore, I guess my question is: Do Laser Jet cartridges dry > up? And if I want to have Cartridges that do not dry up, do I have to > buy a Laser printer or are Laser Jets good enough. > > One last question: What about color LaserJet vs. Color Laser? > (ie: same question: do the color ink cartridges dry up?) You're slightly mixed up in your terminology. "LaserJet" is a brand name of Hewlett-Packard laser printers - HP are generally acknowledged to be the best (print quality, reliability, networking etc) las...

WHAT vs HOW vs WHERE
In the ongoing discussion here about alternatives to the RM, the subject of pointers keeps coming up. AFAIK, one of the features of the RM is that the interconnectedness of data is established by common data values, instead of pointers. In my view, pointers are "good things" not "bad things". But there are plenty of "good things" that will harm you if you don't use them right. One of the ways a network or graph data base achieves performance is by the efficient use of pointers, and the strategic preplacement of pointers where they will be need...

Lexmark vs Hp vs Kyocera laser printers #3
Hi, I am interested in buying a laser printer probably second hand. So i need a printer which is robust and won't need its fuser, drum etc changing after 100000 prints. Also i need low cost per print, i know kyocera is the lowest cost per print but after 300000 prints it is useless and need to throw them in the bin. I need a print which you can obtain cheap parts and cheap toner. Any help would be helpful Thanks shah ...

Lexmark vs Hp vs Kyocera laser printers #2
Hi, I am interested in buying a laser printer probably second hand. So i need a printer which is robust and won't need its fuser, drum etc changing after 100000 prints. Also i need low cost per print, i know kyocera is the lowest cost per print but after 300000 prints it is useless and need to throw them in the bin. I need a print which you can obtain cheap parts and cheap toner. Any help would be helpful Thanks shah ...

ex vs. em vs. px vs. % vs. in.
Hello All, I am looking for a for a good tutorial on font size definitions in a CSS. A URL to a good tutorial with demo/example will help. I am trying to create a CSS for DocBook XML Document, but I m unable to get a cross browser/platform compatibility. I want the documents to look fairly similar on all platforms/browsers. Here is my CSS -> http://www.xml-dev.com/blog/new.css And here are 2 plaint text documents using that CSS: http://tinyurl.com/yu3j8 http://tinyurl.com/2zwoh More documents here -> http://www.xml-dev.com/blog/#88 I was told that I should always use...

DTC serial line printer vs line printer over Jet Direct?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_021F_01C3E5DC.7CECB7C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable A400 MPEix 7.0. =20 I have a couple of line printers currently connected via DTC48. I have a DTC16ix already configured to replace the DTC48, but also have = jet direct boxes available for these printers.=20 One way or the other the data all go over the network whether 3000-DTC = or 3000-jetdirect via IP. The Serial portion of the path is the obvious limiting factor for print = ...

Printer question: multipurpose vs. dedicated photo, fixed head vs. on-cartridge
I've just picked up a digital point-and-shoot camera (Canon Powershot A75) and am trying to decide on the best printer to go with it. For my computer printing, I've been using a Lexmark Z11 for the past 5 years, but it's color calibration isn't good enough for printing photos (as an aside, is there software that can view a scan of the printed image, compare it to the original and adjust the image as needed?). I'm just looking to do some basic picture printing, nothing fancy, up to 8x10. I don't anticipate needing slots in the printer to print directly from the memory card, but I wouldn't mind being able to print directly from the camera. My questions are these: 1. I'm considering the HP PSC 1315xi multipurpose printer. For $100, I can get a 6-ink, PictBridge printer along with a scanner (not that I need another one, but my wife would appreciate being able to make copies without using the computer). How does this compare to the Canon i860, which appears to be one of the most recommended dedicated photo printer in the $150 price range. 2. Having a Lexmark, I'm used to replacing my printhead with each cartridge. Costs a bit more, but it's one less thing to go wrong with the printer. I understand that HP similarly has it's printhead on the cartridge, but Epson and Canon have the printhead built into the printer. Am I better off choosing the HP because there's one less built-in part to go bad? I r...

JSP vs. Struts vs. JSF vs. Swing vs. Tapestry vs. Spring vs. Rails
I am a JSP developer and am constantly feeling like I am missing the boat by not using any of the other frameworks out there. However, the couple I have looked at (JSF and Rails) don't impress me. In JSP, I keep all of my logic in Servlets/Beans and all of my presentation in the JSP file, making custom tags when I need to do some HTML that involves some logic. So Servlets and Tags are the glue to the JSPs and Beans. I don't see what is wrong with this model. The biggest advantage is its flexible. An example of my frustation with JSF (which is different than all the other complaints...

Magic vs MiNT vs Gevena vs TOS vs...
Hi all, I'm starting this thread for 2 reasons: a) I'm a bit tired of reading the same subject again and again and decided to give it a little twist, b) Personal need. So, without any further ado, my situation is this: I have a stock STE with 4 Megs of memory, in which I'll be adding a hard drive (and maybe more) in this week. Being a floppy user (Atari-wise) all these years I never thought of having any other OSes than plain old TOS, but now, since I'll be getting some more space, I thought I might as well throw in a desktop/accs/resident progs setup there as well...

INSPECT: OS/VS vs. IBM Enterprise COBOL for z/OS and OS/390 3.2.0
All righty... as mentioned the other day I coded: 01 CHAR-1 PIC X. 01 CHAR-80 PIC X(80). .... PROCEDURE DIVISION. PERFORM INSPECT-1. PERFORM INSPECT-80. GOBACK. INSPECT-1. INSPECT CHAR-1 REPLACING ALL 'a' BY 'A'. INSPECT-80. INSPECT CHAR-80 REPLACING ALL 'a' BY 'A' ALL 'b' B...

printers Now VS. Then
My Epson FX80 did and still does print hundreds of pages per ribbon cartridge. It's noisy and uses tractor feed. I have a re-inker machine that will refill a cartridge for <$0.50. It uses cheap black ink, like the stuff you use for stamp pads. I've owned several HP printers since. All of them are garbage. When the printers shut down, the ink cartridge drips ink into the case. They last about 4 months, and then refuse to function. If not used at least once a month, the ink cartridge dries up. Ink is expensive. the FX80 is great for printing PDF's, manuals, etc....

So Let's Go App For App.. Linux vs Windows vs OSX.
For years I have heard how Linux applications are superior or "equivalents"= to the applications offered on the Windows and OSX platforms. Having used = and currently using Linux I know full well this is not the case and that it= really comes down to the people who support Linux and FOSS having extremel= y low standards. But things do change and I am certainly willing to learn so why not put som= e rubber on the road and discuss the actual facts instead of rhetoric and p= artisan lines. So let's have a thread where we can discuss and compare popular application= s on...

Print from an OS 9.2 App. to the OS X Printer
Hi I bought a new HP Laserjet 1015 and installed it on the iMac running OS X. It prints fine from OS X over a USB line. The application of our business uses still OS 9.2 and I can't print from that application. It wants to print to the old Laserwriter 320 on the LAN (and that takes forever). The disk has only one partition, I can't start the iMac from OS 9.2, at least I wouldn't know how. Any help where to change that? Greets Thomas -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------ T.F. Howald |It's difficult to soar with eagles,| Otto Howa...

Comparisons of TeX vs Groff vs SGML vs DocBook vs TeXinfo
Well, I've had fun with Tex and LaTeX for a while now, but I'd like to know how well the alternatives work, and weather or not I should use these alternatives that are listed usually with TeX. What are your opinions on them, and surely, some must do a job better than the rest (Something must do pictures and tables better) and I probably will use the best one for the specific jobs that may come up in the future. Basically, I'm just asking for a list of strengths and weaknesses that each of these typesetters or document language things have. Thanks Percival Percival Tiglao wrote:...

PowerPC vs. TI DSP vs. IA32 vs. MIPS vs. H8 ...
Hi All, I need to select a platform for a control project. I need suggestions from your guys. Here is the some requirements for the project: 1) Programming in c 2) Two channels of AD > 12bit 3) Two or more quadrature decoders (single ended) 4) > 1 channel of PWM output 5) floating point performance ~ 500MHZ P3 6) Small, reliable and takes only 12V power supply 7) ~32MB DRAM (I really don't know how much my program will require, how to estimate this?) 8) ~32MB FLASH prefer also a VGA display for a color flat panel display. Multimedia Card (or compact flash) interface. Thanks in ad...

vi vs. vim vs. emacs vs. ????
I've decided to step back from the IDE and start learning/re-learning Java without the aid of Eclipse or Netbeans. I want to learn about packages and such without having an IDE do all the work for me. So my question is, what's the best editor on a *nix platform? I am somewhat familiar with vi and emacs so I'm trying vim out as my Java editor. Are the others that are better or is a vi* editor a good choice. Not flame bait..just looking for some honest opinions. On Jun 16, 10:54 am, JT <jtlinux1@yaho#Akd9i30.ca> wrote: > I've decided to step back from the IDE a...

Web resources about - Printer vs printer vs ... - comp.os.os2.apps

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Recycled printer toner to be used in new road surface in Canberra
Recycled printer toner powder will be trialled in a new asphalt mix designed to reduce the ACT's carbon footprint.

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Philips Hue Starter Kit $120, LifeProof FRĒ iPhone 6 Case $30, Brother AirPrint ...
... FRĒ Waterproof iPhone 6 Case in multiple colors: $30 shipped (Reg. $72) Get ready to file your taxes w/ this Brother AirPrint Laser Printer ...

Mattel unveils ThingMaker, a 3D printer for kids
Toy company hopes to make 3D printing mainstream with a new system designed for children

ThingMaker is a $300 3D Printer For Kids That Makes Toys
The two things holding 3D printers back from mainstream adoption is cost and relative difficulty of use. While they have been going down in price, ...