Migration of OS/2 1.30 to OS/2 2.0 or newer

Hi all,

what is the chance to upgrade an OS/2 1.30-system with LAN manager
(ethernet with plain NetBIOS), a C-written frontend and a
Sybase-SQL-server 1.1 to a newer OS/2-version?

The system is installed on a FAT-drive, print-jobs are created by the
C-frontend for LaserJet-printers and send directly to the LPT-port or a
shared LPT-port on a print-server and several OS/2 1.3-clients access
the database also via the C-frontend.

I would perfer using WarpServer 4 based on Warp 3, or even just Warp 3
Connect/Warp 4 (without LVM, JFS etc., so WSeB, ACP, MCP or eCS are not
an option) the whole infrastructure may not be needed anymore because
only one person still works with the system!

What could be show-stoppers to care about?

Thanks a lot for any answer!
--
To Answer please replace "invalid" with "de" !
Zum Antworten bitte "invalid" durch "de" ersetzen !

Chau y hasta luego,

Thorolf
0
nospam7173 (40)
10/11/2007 5:22:40 PM
comp.os.os2.ecomstation 1053 articles. 0 followers. eugenegorbunoff164 (233) is leader. Post Follow

Thorolf Godawa wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> what is the chance to upgrade an OS/2 1.30-system with LAN manager
> (ethernet with plain NetBIOS), a C-written frontend and a
> Sybase-SQL-server 1.1 to a newer OS/2-version?
>
> The system is installed on a FAT-drive, print-jobs are created by the
> C-frontend for LaserJet-printers and send directly to the LPT-port or a
> shared LPT-port on a print-server and several OS/2 1.3-clients access
> the database also via the C-frontend.
>
> I would perfer using WarpServer 4 based on Warp 3, or even just Warp 3
> Connect/Warp 4 (without LVM, JFS etc., so WSeB, ACP, MCP or eCS are not
> an option) the whole infrastructure may not be needed anymore because
> only one person still works with the system!
>
> What could be show-stoppers to care about?

Umm, if the apps are written correctly, they have big chance to run well
(my experience isn't that wide, but I was able to run almost any 16bit
OS/2 app on my 32bit OS/2 versions, even the OS/2 1.3 file manager :-).
If the print system is used in some generic way, I guess it's compatible
too.

> Thanks a lot for any answer!

Perhaps the only thing I'd do differently from today's setups would be
to create rather small partitions so that some free space checks don't
run crazy, otherwise, I'd expect smooth migration. Even to latest OS/2
versions.

Of course, if you prefer older versions of OS/2, you may spend more time
setting up the OS/2 system itself than the application(s) later.

--
Cheers,
Martin

UNDERSCOREmmiATcentrumDOTcz to email me
0
mmi (557)
MMI
<mmi@nautimail.com>], who wrote in article <17a69$470e9849$3e184c9f$2488@news.chello.cz>:
> Umm, if the apps are written correctly, they have big chance to run well
> (my experience isn't that wide, but I was able to run almost any 16bit
> OS/2 app on my 32bit OS/2 versions, even the OS/2 1.3 file manager :-).
> If the print system is used in some generic way, I guess it's compatible
> too.

I had quite a lot of problems with applications refusing to work with
more than 8-bit colors.  So at the start, better make sure that one
uses low-bits colors (is 4-bit possible with current drivers?).  If
you know that it works with low-bits, it is much more fun to switch to
high-depth - if things break, you know how to fix them...

Hope this helps,
Ilya
0
nospam-abuse (478)
10/12/2007 9:24:18 AM
Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
> MMI
> <mmi@nautimail.com>], who wrote in article <17a69$470e9849$3e184c9f$2488@news.chello.cz>:
>> Umm, if the apps are written correctly, they have big chance to run well
>> (my experience isn't that wide, but I was able to run almost any 16bit
>> OS/2 app on my 32bit OS/2 versions, even the OS/2 1.3 file manager :-).
>> If the print system is used in some generic way, I guess it's compatible
>> too.
>
> I had quite a lot of problems with applications refusing to work with
> more than 8-bit colors.  So at the start, better make sure that one
> uses low-bits colors (is 4-bit possible with current drivers?).

Ummm, plain VGA? ;-) SNAP doesn't go lower than 8bits...

--
Cheers,
Martin

UNDERSCOREmmiATcentrumDOTcz to email me
0
mmi (557)
10/12/2007 9:56:30 PM
MMI wrote:
> Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
>
>> [A complimentary Cc of this posting was sent to
>> MMI <mmi@nautimail.com>], who wrote in article
>> <17a69$470e9849$3e184c9f$2488@news.chello.cz>:
>>
>>> Umm, if the apps are written correctly, they have big chance to run
>>> well (my experience isn't that wide, but I was able to run almost any
>>> 16bit OS/2 app on my 32bit OS/2 versions, even the OS/2 1.3 file
>>> manager :-). If the print system is used in some generic way, I guess
>>> it's compatible too.
>>
>> I had quite a lot of problems with applications refusing to work with
>> more than 8-bit colors.  So at the start, better make sure that one
>> uses low-bits colors (is 4-bit possible with current drivers?).
>
> Ummm, plain VGA? ;-) SNAP doesn't go lower than 8bits...

Yes it does!

But you can't get SNAP running on a system that doesn't have GRADD
subsystem support (can you?).

net100 (634)
10/12/2007 10:14:45 PM
Marty wrote:
> MMI wrote:
>> Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
>>
>>> [A complimentary Cc of this posting was sent to
>>> MMI <mmi@nautimail.com>], who wrote in article

>>> I had quite a lot of problems with applications refusing to work with
>>> more than 8-bit colors.  So at the start, better make sure that one
>>> uses low-bits colors (is 4-bit possible with current drivers?).
>>
>> Ummm, plain VGA? ;-) SNAP doesn't go lower than 8bits...
>
> Yes it does!

Does it? Mine offers no less than 8 bits (256 colors)...

> But you can't get SNAP running on a system that doesn't have GRADD
> subsystem support (can you?).

I'm afraid not.

--
Cheers,
Martin

UNDERSCOREmmiATcentrumDOTcz to email me
0
mmi (557)
10/12/2007 11:41:34 PM
MMI wrote:
> Marty wrote:
>> MMI wrote:

>>> Ummm, plain VGA? ;-) SNAP doesn't go lower than 8bits...
>>
>> Yes it does!
>
> Does it? Mine offers no less than 8 bits (256 colors)...

....but for some lower resolutions (up to 800x600) it does, you were
right. I just quickly glanced at what color depths were available for
1024x768 that I use, and wrote the above message.

--
Cheers,
Martin

UNDERSCOREmmiATcentrumDOTcz to email me
0
mmi (557)
10/12/2007 11:49:56 PM
On 10/11/07 10:22 am, Thorolf Godawa wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> what is the chance to upgrade an OS/2 1.30-system with LAN manager
> (ethernet with plain NetBIOS), a C-written frontend and a
> Sybase-SQL-server 1.1 to a newer OS/2-version?
>
> The system is installed on a FAT-drive, print-jobs are created by the
> C-frontend for LaserJet-printers and send directly to the LPT-port or a
> shared LPT-port on a print-server and several OS/2 1.3-clients access
> the database also via the C-frontend.
>
> I would perfer using WarpServer 4 based on Warp 3, or even just Warp 3
> Connect/Warp 4 (without LVM, JFS etc., so WSeB, ACP, MCP or eCS are not
> an option) the whole infrastructure may not be needed anymore because
> only one person still works with the system!
>
> What could be show-stoppers to care about?
>
> Thanks a lot for any answer!

Installing Warp v3 or v4 can be difficult on new hardware. You need
updated 506s drivers for any drives larger then 4 GB and depending on
CPU you might need a new Kernel which IIRC requires Warp v4.5 (fixpak
13+, preferably 15).
You could always install the newer OS on a different partition and test
your app while keeping your old setup. Odds are pretty good that once
your new system is setup your old apps will work.
Dave
0
dave.r.yeo (81)
10/13/2007 3:12:16 AM
MMI wrote:
> Marty wrote:
>
>> MMI wrote:

>>> Ummm, plain VGA? ;-) SNAP doesn't go lower than 8bits...
>>
>> Yes it does!
>
> Does it? Mine offers no less than 8 bits (256 colors)...

Add the mode using GAMODE.

>> But you can't get SNAP running on a system that doesn't have GRADD
>> subsystem support (can you?).
>
> I'm afraid not.

But I thought I heard something about Warp 3 people running it..?

net100 (634)

> Installing Warp v3 or v4 can be difficult on new hardware. You need
> updated 506s drivers for any drives larger then 4 GB and depending on
> CPU you might need a new Kernel which IIRC requires Warp v4.5 (fixpak
> 13+, preferably 15).
I know this quite well, but on one hand I want to avoid possible
problems with to big partitions, LVM etc. and on the other hand I plan
to install it in a VM where the emulated hardware is still quite "old"!

The problem with lastest computers are, that I might need eCS 2.0 alpha
with ACPI beta and there I really asume that I will get problems!

So for me the important thing is, which problems I can get migrating the
old apps to a new OS/2!
--
To Answer please replace "invalid" with "de" !
Zum Antworten bitte "invalid" durch "de" ersetzen !

Chau y hasta luego,

Thorolf
0
nospam7173 (40)
10/13/2007 7:34:37 AM
Thorolf Godawa wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Installing Warp v3 or v4 can be difficult on new hardware. You need
>> updated 506s drivers for any drives larger then 4 GB and depending on
>> CPU you might need a new Kernel which IIRC requires Warp v4.5 (fixpak
>> 13+, preferably 15).
> I know this quite well, but on one hand I want to avoid possible
> problems with to big partitions, LVM etc. and on the other hand I plan
> to install it in a VM where the emulated hardware is still quite "old"!
>
> The problem with lastest computers are, that I might need eCS 2.0 alpha
> with ACPI beta and there I really asume that I will get problems!
>
> So for me the important thing is, which problems I can get migrating the
> old apps to a new OS/2!

The most problems you may get would be "too big" something, i.e.
partions, the colors on the screen... But I pretty much doubt it that
you can be affected by new things like LVM or JFS as such - those
features are quite invisible for the general use applications.

--
Cheers,
Martin

UNDERSCOREmmiATcentrumDOTcz to email me
0
mmi (557)

OS/2 Lan Server V3.0 for sale with OS/2 2.1
http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29296-2357-0?uid=4289490&site=0&ver=LCA080805&item=120067699646&lk=URL ...

[Search] Lan Manager 2.2 (incl. OS/2 1.3) and Lan Server 2.0
Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance Regards reini1976 ...

SW: Correction: Samba for eCS-OS/2 Server 1.2 beta9 and Client 2.2.0 beta2
++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++ From: madodelDESPAM@DESPAMptdprolog.net Silvan Scherrer and Herwig Bauernfeind have updated Samba Server and Client for eComStation (OS/2) on Netlabs. http://svn.netlabs.org/samba "SAMBA is a SMB/CIFS protocols file and print sharing server/client set originally made for UNIX world to cooperate with corresponding Windows and OS/2 servers or clients. OS/2 has native implementation of SMB/CIFS server/client set - IBM LAN Manager and IBM Peer. These products haven't been updated for a long time and have some com...

Information passed from OS/2 Master Boot Record ( MBR ) to OS/2 Bootmanager ( BMGR ) to OS/2 Partition Boot Record ?
Hello, I am working on the problem to boot from USB Mass Storage Device. The results and open problems has been documented at Howto Boot OS/2 - eCs from USB Mass Storage Devices ( MSD ) - English Version - Wiki http://p2066.typo3server.info/wiki-usb-boot-en.html The following information is needed for the project: Information passed from OS/2 Master Boot Record ( MBR ) to OS/2 Bootmanager ( BMGR ) to OS/2 Partition Boot Record ? The OS/2 MBR tests for I13X support and pass this information via flag at memory segment 3000:0000 (0030:0000). That informa...

LaTex equation numbering like 2.1, 2.2, also 2.0.1, 2.0,2, 2.1.1, etc
David Roach wrote: > Is there a simple command to have latex number > the equations by the section numbers automatically. > > David From the LaTeX Companion (what a wonderful book!) %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% % number equations within sections % In preamble \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{section} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% Numbers within sections...I use this all the time in articles. Even works with ******************* ******************* Brilliant. And then I got numbering within subsections by repeating and editing (not replacing), so I now have:- (Just after the documentClass command) \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{section} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{subsection} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesubsection.\arabic{equation}} Bob Bob Marlow schrieb: > David Roach wrote: > >> Is there a simple command to have latex number >> the equations by the section numbers automatically. >> >> David > > From the LaTeX Companion (what a wonderful book!) > > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% > > % number equations within sections > % In preamble > > \makeatletter > \@addtoreset{equation}{section} > \makeatother > \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} > > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% [more code] > Hi! I th...

audio with win-os/2 but not os/2???
anybody know why the audio with my ess card ain't working with os/2 but does with win-os/2? -- Thanks, That Guy ---- http://gandalf.home.digital.net/trollfaq.html <-- readit new folk who people noooobies ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/control/ <-- faq shmec-a-q get the origanal group faq here That Guy wrote: > anybody know why the audio with my ess card ain't working with os/2 > but does with win-os/2? > I know this will sound ridiculous...but the system volume is turned up to a level that will be audible, right?? On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 03:46:...

PS/2 and OS/2 #2
Hi ! This is, finally, *in topic* ;-) I've got too many "off topic" warnings ;-) I've got a working copy of OS/2 warp 4 (thank you, guys !). In the doc is said that minimum requirement is Pentium 100. I can put it in my 8595-ONG with TurboChip only :-( Do you have a table that summarizes PS/2 models, the OS/2 version that can be installed and sys requirements ? In other word, for example, which version can be installed on a Model 80-386 ? What is the minimum ram ? Do you ever tried OS/2 2.1 for windows ? I found a copy that was distributed with a PC magazine (CD + 2 boot floppies) On Aug 25, 7:00 am, supervinx <superv...@libero.it> wrote: > I've got a working copy of OS/2 warp 4 (thank you, guys !). > In the doc is said that minimum requirement is Pentium 100. > I can put it in my 8595-ONG with TurboChip only :-( You can run Warp 4 in "lesser" machines, I ran the original release of Warp 4 on a 9590-DLG (50MHz 80486 with 16MB of RAM) quite successfully for a long time. The Convenience Packs (re-releases with FixPaks integrated) may have increased the minimum system requirements. > Do you have a table that summarizes PS/2 models, the OS/2 version that > can be installed and sys requirements ? > In other word, for example, which version can be installed on a Model > 80-386 ? What is the minimum ram ? I wouldn't bother with anything less than OS/2 Warp Connect (which is Warp 3 plu...

OS/2 > DOS-OS/2 copy, paste with backslash not working #2
Original poster: thanks, everybody. Now answering three posters: Any help? -- At 2004-12-16 20:41:32 PST Steven Levine (steve53@earthlink.bogus.net) said: >Copy how? What version of OS/2? Are you running any sort of desktop >enhancer that might be doing this to you? Since I mention COPY and PASTE, the "Copy how?" will be: "using COPY & PASTE". If I was running anything stupid, I might know; if I did not know, I thank you for the prompter; I am not running anything stupid; Version of OS/2 is 3.0 WARP Fixpack 43 or something. 1994-thing. Lov...

[TS3.1 OS/2]System-Trap after rebuilding OS/2 DLLs
Hallo to all, I use OS/2 Warp 4.5 and I use several programs written in TopSpeed Modula-2. Since all of them are using the same libraries, I have compiled them as DLLs and the EXEs also. If I change something in the source of the libraries and rebuild the DLLs and subsequent the EXEs the system crashes with a system-trap on starting the EXE and a complete reboot is required. A rebuild of the libaries and a restart of the system and then a complete compile of the EXEs will work well. Any ideas? MfG / Regards Peter Engels -- This OS/2 system uptime is 00 hours, 48 minut...

What's OS 9.1 vs OS 9.2.2 ?
I just upgraded my G3/266 to OS 9.2.2 from 9.1 * The PPC7500/300 won't upgrade past 9.1* I don't see any difference between my two Macs what are the differences / advantages between OS 9.1 vs 9.2.2 ? Happy Trails, DaveC In article <goldfern-B1E441.01205809042004@news-central.ash.giganews.com>, Dave <goldfern@kalama.com> wrote: > I just upgraded my G3/266 to OS 9.2.2 from 9.1 > * The PPC7500/300 won't upgrade past 9.1* > I don't see any difference between my two Macs > what are the differences / advantages between > OS 9.1 vs 9.2.2 ? I wonder why the 7500/300 won't let you load 9.2.2? As far as I've seen, the big differences in the versions past 9.1 are all in order to make it play nicer with OS X. If OS X isn't an issue, I wouldn't worry about it. in article goldfern-B1E441.01205809042004@news-central.ash.giganews.com, Dave at goldfern@kalama.com wrote on 4/9/04 1:20 AM: > I just upgraded my G3/266 to OS 9.2.2 from 9.1 > * The PPC7500/300 won't upgrade past 9.1* > I don't see any difference between my two Macs > what are the differences / advantages between > OS 9.1 vs 9.2.2 ? > Happy Trails, DaveC The 9.2.2 upgrade was just for G3s and G4 running Jaguar so that it could run any OS 9 apps in Classic mode. -- John Gentile Editor, Rhode Island Apple Group yjgent@cox.net RIAG Web page: www.wbwip.com/...

using an iPod with Mac os 9.2.2 and iTunes 2.0.4 #2
Help! I have just purchased a (3rd gen) iPod as a gift for use with a G4. Unfortunately it turns out that the 'lucky' recipient is using OS 9.2.2 rather than OS X as I had assumed. I have read unsubstantiated reports that it is possible to get this working (despite Apple's recommendations that at least OS 10.1.5 is required) but I am unable to fathom it out (not a regular Mac user). Has anyone managed to get this combo working and if so can they give me any pointers? The iPod is recognised as a firewire HD device on the desktop but does not appear in or sync with iTunes. Please h...

Palm Desktop 4.2.1, Mac OS 9.2.2, & AvantGo 4.0
I've finally gotten around to setting up a newer Mac running MacOS 9.2.2. I've updated Palm Desktop to 4.2.1. I'm trying to get AvantGo 4.0 to play nicely with my setup (since I'm using a Palm m515), but it won't install correctly. AvantGo Connect sees no profiles, and Palm Desktop sees no AvantGo conduit. Any clues what I should do (other than bail on AvantGo and/or update to OS X, which would mean bailing on AvantGo or going with Missing Sync anyhow)? In article <1157165247.345416.46560@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, ultrajoe@spamcop.net wrote: > I've fi...

OS/2 is dead...Long live OS/2!
Normally, I keep my rants to the editorial pages of the VOICE Newsletter, but I felt this was a more appropriate venue for this one: The plain and simple fact is that OS/2's obituary has already been written, the tombstone carved and the plot set. All that's left now is to lay the tired body into its final resting place. All possible treatments for its terminal illness have failed. In 2006, OS/2 will finally, and irrevocably be laid to rest. Doubtless many long time users will hold out till, and beyond, the bitter end...cursing IBM and Microsoft all the way. The rest will...

Net: eComStation 2.2 Beta, the Legacy of OS/2 Lives On
++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++ From: madodelDESPAM@DESPAMptdprolog.net http://tech.slashdot.org/story/13/03/01/0140227/ecomstation-22-beta-the-legacy-of-os2-lives-on "Yes, those OS/2 Warp bastards just don't want to quit. Today the eComStation 2.2 beta live CD was released for public download. There is also this positive review from TechRepublic, and OS/2 Zelots partying/ranting at their community sites." Also on OS/2 World: http://www.os2world.com/past-news/80-software/19516-ecomstation-2-2-beta-demo-cd-english Request eComStat...

WANTED: 60 MEG HD and OS/2 1.2/1.3 for PS/2 50
I'm interested in installed OS/2 1.2 or 1.3 on my PS/2 Model 50. In order to do this, I will need to install a larger HD. IBM offered the 8550-021 and the 8550-061, the 61 coming with a 60 MEG ESDI Hard drive. As far as I know, the HD was available seperately. If anyone has either OS/2 or a Model 50 compatible HD floating around somewhere, please let me know. Thanks. Hi! Regarding the hard disk for your Model 50. The 20MB and 60MB disks were different types that used different controllers and or riser cards. The 60MB disk is not by itself compatible with your Model 50, unless it is a Model 50Z. Read this link for more information on this: http://www.walshcomptech.com/ohlandl/8550/8550_Tinkering.html http://www.walshcomptech.com/ohlandl/8550/8550_Controllers.html As far as OS/2 goes, if someone here in the group does not have it, it does show up on eBay from time to time. William ...

where can download the os2/ecomstation 1.2 and which is better for desktop use? 1.2 or 2.0 beta?
where can download the os2/ecomstation 1.2 and which is better for desktop use? 1.2 or 2.0 beta? thanks wangcity@gmail.com wrote: > where can download the os2/ecomstation 1.2 <http://os2.mensys.nl/indexuk.html> > and which is better for > desktop use? 1.2 or 2.0 beta? 1.2 at this time. 2.0 beta is still somewhat unstable. Lon In <1155172603.066267.254410@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>, on 08/09/2006 at 06:16 PM, wangcity@gmail.com said: >where can download the os2/ecomstation 1.2 Buy it and they'll ship you a CD. >and which is better for desktop use? 1.2 or 2.0 beta? The fact that you'd ask the question suggests that you shouldn't try running a beta of anything. Stick to the GA version. A beta[1] version is a test version, and should only be used by those willing to deal with and report problems as they occur. BTW, you might ask Serenity what the upgrade cost would be from 1.2 to 2.0. [1] Well, except for m$ where the GA version is a test version. -- Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz, SysProg and JOAT <http://patriot.net/~shmuel> Unsolicited bulk E-mail subject to legal action. I reserve the right to publicly post or ridicule any abusive E-mail. Reply to domain Patriot dot net user shmuel+news to contact me. Do not reply to spamtrap@library.lspace.org Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz wrote: <snip> > > BTW, you might ask Serenity what the upgrade cost would be from 1.2 to > 2.0. Or just buy the Subscriptio...

Canonical OS/2 vs. Fanfic-derived OS/2
With the recent announcement of Arca Noae's Blue Lion project (https://www.arcanoae.com/blue-lion-go/), this is a good time to answer - for once and for all - one of the most pressing questions of our time: Should we use canonical (i.e., IBM) versions of OS/2, or can we also accept 'fanfic' versions, such as Blue Lion? If we accept Blue Lion and similar as canonical, we run the very real risk of irrepairably distorting the OS/2verse forever. What we were handed from the heavens by IBM on four sacred floppy disks is absolute; only subsequent versions - as passed t...

OS/2 Website
Website - Os/2 Release Notes is back at: http://os2notes.co.nf/ Cheers Greggory Shaw ...

FREE OS/2 Warp Connect and OS/2 books
Sigh. OS/2 Warp Connect - all the disks, CDs, books/documentation that comes in the blue box. "IBM Getting to Know OS/2 Warp 4," ITSO (International Technical Support Organization", Stokes, Buecker, Friedrichs, Moroian, Schey, SG24-4758-00, ISBN 0-13-842147-1, Prentice Hall "Mastering OS/2 Warp", Peter Dyson, ISBN 0-7821-166-3-9, Sybex - missing Hobbes on CD-ROM "IBM's Official OS/2 Warp faQs", Kaply, Sipples & Kliewer, ISBN 1-56884-472-7, IBM Press Book published by IDG Books Worldwide, Inc. - includes CD "OS/2 Warp Administrator's Survival Guide", Kerr, Curran, et al., ISBN 0-672-30744-8, SAMS Publishing Will break up lot if you don't want all of it. Truth in Advertising - you pay for shipping, actual cost. Dan On Mar 7, 7:54 pm, kaliuzh...@verizon.net wrote: > Truth in Advertising - you pay for shipping, actual cost. I just got back in town from another 4-day trip to Indianapolis -- if no one else wants the lot, I'll take all (USPS Media Mail, right?), but as I have no actual *need* for any of it, another truly interested party can take all or part (I'd pick up leftovers). Rick Ekblaw On Mar 8, 9:28=A0pm, ekb...@vnet.ibm.com wrote: > On Mar 7, 7:54 pm, kaliuzh...@verizon.net wrote: > > Rick Ekblaw Noted, Rick. I'd really hate to throw these out but I need to downsize and have no need for them. Let's wait about a week. ...

Mac OS X vs. OS/2 peer #2
On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 17:38:01, Dan Drake wrote: >On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 00:08:52 UTC, jim burke <jimburke200@earthlink.net> >wrote: >>... >> you might see if your ibmlan.ini file has >> svrhidden=no in it. It's no. >>... >> I don't know what command line programs are available on OS X, >> but if you know the ipaddress of the Mac, ping it from the os2 machine >> and then do a netstat -p to see if the interface is seen. I can ping the Mac ok; netstat shows it active. >> >> To see if the os2 lan card is correctly set up (for tcp/ip anyway) >> ifconfig lan0 Here's the output for the two NIC addresses lan0: (this is TCP/IP) flags=b863<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,MULTICAST,BRIDGE,SNAP, LOOPBRD> metric 1 inet 192.168.0.10 netmask 0xffff0000 broadcast 192.168.255.255 lan1: (this is NETBIOS over TCP/IP) flags=3c2a<BROADCAST,LOOPBACK,NOTRAILERS,DEFMTU,MULTICAST,BRIDGE, SNAP> >> >> Net error will show what peer errors you've accumulated over time. >> net error /r /c=10 will reverse the order and show the last 10. Oddly enough, no errors since August. >> >> Check your lantran.log to see if it is showing any error messages. Nothing that *looks* abnormal to me. It even says, TCPBEUI: Logical adapter 1 is bound to TCP/IP interface lan0. Adapter 0 is using node address 0002B39F08FD. The Token-Ring format is 0040CDF9 10BF. Which look...

What to save from OS/2::Warp when crossgrading to OS/2::eCS?
To bring joy to a few hearts: I have ordered OS/2::eCS-1.1 from Mensys and expect it RSN. Meanwhile, I am trying to decide what bits of my Warp setup to carry across (if that is possible). My OS/2 setup uses the F: drive for core OS stuff. Most optional extras (eg FaxWorks, DeScribe, non-OS utilities) live in G:. The rest of my files are scattered through other drives. So I expect to wipe F: and install eCS in a simple procedure. (Unless... I bought the Warp-upgrade version. Does it need to be able to see the old Warp installation?) Is this broadly how to do the cross-grade...

Registered SDD 7.1.0 for OS/2 versus SNAP/SE 2.1.9
I am currently using my registered copy of SDD 7.1.0 for OS/2 on my IBM ThinkPad 600E which has the NeoMagic MagicGraph 256AV chipset. I missed the window to upgrade to SNAP at a special rate and would need to pay the full rate to do so now. Given this I am looking to see if there would be any reason to upgrade to SNAP/SE 2.1.9 instead. What if any additional features or speed would be available to me? -- Dave ----------------------------------------------------------- dhdurgee<at>verizon<dot>net ----------------------------------------------------------- In <4...

PS/2 Model 57 and OS/2 2.0 install Problem
Hey all, I recently aquried an old PS/2 model 57 which has a 486SLC2 chip in it. I was trying to install OS/2 2.0 on it but kept getting a internal processing error at location 0f00:76a. Does anyone know of a patch to fix this? I suspect it's a quirk in the 486SLC2 but that's just a guess I never had that problem on my old 486-100. Any help would be appreciated. Crash On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 14:01:38 UTC, "Crash-N" <fgalphin@comcast.net> wrote: > Hey all, > I recently aquried an old PS/2 model 57 which has > a 486SLC2 chip in it. I was t...

Offering FREE the promotional video tape: "OS/2 v2.0: Moving to the OS/2 Workplace Shell"
When OS/2 v2.0 was first released. IBM felt it was necessary to give a gift package to the lucky purchasers in order to induce people to take the leap. This package contained a video cartridge ("OS/2 2.0 - Moving to the OS/2 Workplace Shell"), a Parker ballpoint pen, and a mousepad (the latter two items decorated with a tasteful multicolored OS/2 logo"). The pen and the mousepad are long gone, but I still have the video cartridge. I do not have a video tapedeck, and I never did: the tape has been played exactly once, when I let a friend view it (he later went with Windows anyay). I am offering this fine example of late 20th Century cinematic art FREE, GRATIS, for the cost of packing and shipping to your location. Although I have no way to verify its condition, I have no reason to think it is in anything its essentially virgin state. You would receive it, of course, as is. (Insert here the usual boilerplate disclaimers about such things as merchantability.) If you would like to be the owner of this relative antique, tell me so by sending me an email through the mailform on my website, which is at: <http://www.hashkedim.com/form.html>. -- Stan Goodman Qiryat Tiv'on Israel On Dec 2, 9:37 am, "Stan Goodman" <SPAM_FOI...@some.domain> wrote: > When OS/2 v2.0 was first released. IBM felt it was necessary to give > a gift package to the lucky purchasers in order to induce people t...

Web resources about - Migration of OS/2 1.30 to OS/2 2.0 or newer - comp.os.os2.ecomstation

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Visa-Commissioned Study Estimates Migration to Electronic Payments Added Nearly $300B to GDP Across 70 ...
Visa Inc. today released the results of a new 2016 study conducted by Moody's Analytics that analyzed the impact of electronic payments on economic ...

Lenovo: Many customers not considering Microsoft Windows 10 migration
Lenovo customers asking vendor to get Microsoft to extend Windows 7 support for Skylake

Put A Price On Carbon Or Face Trillions Of Dollars Of Costs & Massive Food Security & Migration Challenges ...
... will impose enormous costs on our global [&hellip Put A Price On Carbon Or Face Trillions Of Dollars Of Costs & Massive Food Security & Migration ...

The other migration causing headaches for Greece
Europe's 'Delaware' is a big tax headache for struggling Greece.

NATO general: Europe migration causing ISIS to spread 'like a cancer'
CNN International NATO general: Europe migration causing ISIS to spread 'like a cancer' CNN International (CNN) NATO's top general said that ...

Luxembourg PM: EU, Turkey end migration talks; new proposals go to next week's summit
BRUSSELS (AP) — Luxembourg PM: EU, Turkey end migration talks; new proposals go to next week's summit .

First look: OneNote offers Evernote users a migration tool
Microsoft is trying to lure users away from Evernote with a new tool that lets people migrate their notes from the startup’s note-taking service. ...

Could climate change force migration and limit agriculture? (+video)
Two new climate-related studies point to the drastic effects of climate change in the coming decades, including a drop in global food availability ...

Snowy Owl 'Baltimore' Provides Best Migration Data Ever
The pale hunter gives watchers at the organization Project SNOWstorm a treasure trove of information.