canon pixma ip4000

welps, I had the occasion to print some pics for my mom but unfornately,
it was for rancid gossip involving my cousins.  anyways....

the pixma ip4000 did a really good job of printing the pictures on plain
paper under windows98 pmview version and was surprisingly fast (much
faster than the old epson color600 was, that one took forever to print a
color pic).  I just wish it were so for the OS/2 version of pmview.  it
wasn't very good.  it looked like a cross between 16bit & 256bit colors

0
Dilbert
5/8/2005 10:07:33 PM
comp.os.os2.misc 2779 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Sun, 08 May 2005 18:07:33 -0400, Dilbert Firestorm wrote:

:>welps, I had the occasion to print some pics for my mom but unfornately,
:>it was for rancid gossip involving my cousins.  anyways....
:>
:>the pixma ip4000 did a really good job of printing the pictures on plain
:>paper under windows98 pmview version and was surprisingly fast (much
:>faster than the old epson color600 was, that one took forever to print a
:>color pic).  I just wish it were so for the OS/2 version of pmview.  it
:>wasn't very good.  it looked like a cross between 16bit & 256bit colors

I don't have that problem. When you hit Ctrl-P to print, did you go into
'setup' and verify that the print mode was 24 bit and dither was Stucki?
Don't use presentation mode. I'm using the i950 driver.

Mat Nieuwenhoven

0
Mat
5/9/2005 4:05:44 PM
Mat Nieuwenhoven wrote:

>On Sun, 08 May 2005 18:07:33 -0400, Dilbert Firestorm wrote:
>
>:>welps, I had the occasion to print some pics for my mom but unfornately,
>:>it was for rancid gossip involving my cousins.  anyways....
>:>
>:>the pixma ip4000 did a really good job of printing the pictures on plain
>:>paper under windows98 pmview version and was surprisingly fast (much
>:>faster than the old epson color600 was, that one took forever to print a
>:>color pic).  I just wish it were so for the OS/2 version of pmview.  it
>:>wasn't very good.  it looked like a cross between 16bit & 256bit colors
>
>I don't have that problem. When you hit Ctrl-P to print, did you go into
>'setup' and verify that the print mode was 24 bit and dither was Stucki?
>Don't use presentation mode. I'm using the i950 driver.
>
>Mat Nieuwenhoven

no, the i950 driver was in its default mode, the print quality was
normal tho.

I changed the pmview setting as you suggested.  the printing under
stucki mode is much better, a little bit blurry tho.  that might be due
to the that its plain copy paper.  am trying out stienberg diffusion to
see if its any better.

0
Dilbert