drivers for canon printer

what's the current drivers for the canon pixma ip4000 inkjet printer?

just recently brought it and have set it up. now it needs the drivers.

0
Dilbert
4/9/2005 12:31:51 AM
comp.os.os2.misc 2779 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

I'm told that the 850 or 950 drivers work well wit the IP4000, dunno
about the ip8500.  However, I don't think I have those type of drivers
tho on my pc.

are they supposed to be in omni or epomni, if so, then my driver must be
out of date.

I guess trip to Passport Adavantage is in order, eh?

Alex Smariga wrote:

>And I have the Pixma 8500 and would like to know what drivers will
>allow me to use this printer from my OS2 workstations.  Works from Win
>XP fine.
>
>Alex
>
>On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 00:31:51 UTC, Dilbert Firestorm
><scanb_no_spam31@*no_spam*I-55*no_spam*.com> wrote:
>

>>what's the current drivers for the canon pixma ip4000 inkjet printer?
>>
>>just recently brought it and have set it up. now it needs the drivers.

0
Dilbert
4/9/2005 1:35:16 AM
And I have the Pixma 8500 and would like to know what drivers will
allow me to use this printer from my OS2 workstations.  Works from Win
XP fine.

Alex

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 00:31:51 UTC, Dilbert Firestorm
<scanb_no_spam31@*no_spam*I-55*no_spam*.com> wrote:

> what's the current drivers for the canon pixma ip4000 inkjet printer?
>
> just recently brought it and have set it up. now it needs the drivers.

0
Alex
4/9/2005 1:53:41 AM
I just looked at the most current OMNI (OM30822EN.zip) and it has the
850-950 drivers and the 8500 support supposedly.  I'm going to
certainly try.

Alex

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 01:35:16 UTC, Dilbert Firestorm
<scanb_no_spam31@*no_spam*I-55*no_spam*.com> wrote:

> I'm told that the 850 or 950 drivers work well wit the IP4000, dunno
> about the ip8500.  However, I don't think I have those type of drivers
> tho on my pc.
>

> are they supposed to be in omni or epomni, if so, then my driver must be
> out of date.
>
> I guess trip to Passport Adavantage is in order, eh?
>

> Alex Smariga wrote:
>
> >And I have the Pixma 8500 and would like to know what drivers will
> >allow me to use this printer from my OS2 workstations.  Works from Win
> >XP fine.
> >
> >Alex
> >
> >On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 00:31:51 UTC, Dilbert Firestorm
> ><scanb_no_spam31@*no_spam*I-55*no_spam*.com> wrote:
> >

> >>what's the current drivers for the canon pixma ip4000 inkjet printer?
> >>
> >>just recently brought it and have set it up. now it needs the drivers.

0
Alex
4/10/2005 11:26:51 AM
Dilbert,

I now have my Canon 8500 printing thru a Zonet ITCP/IP print server
using the OMNI print drivers.  Haven't done extensive testing yet, but
got a couple pages out.  Looks very promising.

Alex

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 01:35:16 UTC, Dilbert Firestorm
<scanb_no_spam31@*no_spam*I-55*no_spam*.com> wrote:

> I'm told that the 850 or 950 drivers work well wit the IP4000, dunno
> about the ip8500.  However, I don't think I have those type of drivers
> tho on my pc.
>

> are they supposed to be in omni or epomni, if so, then my driver must be
> out of date.
>
> I guess trip to Passport Adavantage is in order, eh?
>

> Alex Smariga wrote:
>
> >And I have the Pixma 8500 and would like to know what drivers will
> >allow me to use this printer from my OS2 workstations.  Works from Win
> >XP fine.
> >
> >Alex
> >
> >On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 00:31:51 UTC, Dilbert Firestorm
> ><scanb_no_spam31@*no_spam*I-55*no_spam*.com> wrote:
> >

> >>what's the current drivers for the canon pixma ip4000 inkjet printer?
> >>
> >>just recently brought it and have set it up. now it needs the drivers.

0
Alex
4/10/2005 4:54:29 PM
which drivers did you use for your 8500 printer?

Alex Smariga wrote:

>I just looked at the most current OMNI (OM30822EN.zip) and it has the
>850-950 drivers and the 8500 support supposedly.  I'm going to
>certainly try.
>
>Alex
>
>On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 01:35:16 UTC, Dilbert Firestorm
><scanb_no_spam31@*no_spam*I-55*no_spam*.com> wrote:
>

>>I'm told that the 850 or 950 drivers work well wit the IP4000, dunno
>>about the ip8500.  However, I don't think I have those type of drivers
>>tho on my pc.
>>

>>are they supposed to be in omni or epomni, if so, then my driver must be
>>out of date.
>>
>>I guess trip to Passport Adavantage is in order, eh?
>>

>>Alex Smariga wrote:
>>

>>>And I have the Pixma 8500 and would like to know what drivers will
>>>allow me to use this printer from my OS2 workstations.  Works from Win
>>>XP fine.
>>>
>>>Alex

0
Dilbert
4/13/2005 5:44:54 AM
I'm testing with both the 8500 and the 950 drivers at the moment.

Alex

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 05:44:54 UTC, Dilbert Firestorm