Drivers for Canon printers

I know that often drivers are designed for a printer family, so that a
driver for for lower-numbered printer will wokr (albeit with some
limitations) for a higher numbered one.
  So, does anyone know if
a) there are drivers for the 560/860/960 and/or 850/950 series of Canon
printers? Do drivesr for 860 work for 960? Etc.
b) there are any OS/2 or WinOS/2 drivers for this series?

Thanks
0
Wolf
4/8/2004 12:47:14 AM
comp.os.os2.misc 2779 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:

>   So, does anyone know if
> a) there are drivers for the 560/860/960 and/or 850/950 series of Canon
> printers? Do drivesr for 860 work for 960? Etc.
> b) there are any OS/2 or WinOS/2 drivers for this series?

I have recently aquired a Canon i850 printer and am using the OMNIEN
driver from IBM which has a selection for this printer.  If you have an
x60, it may be worth trying.  I find it quite satisfactory for most
things.  For photos, the photo setting with Stuki diffusion does well
except on dark photos where streakiness appears.  IMO, the default
colour balance is actually better than the W98 driver.

Ted

0
Ted
4/8/2004 6:19:45 PM
Hi

a] You may find that the omni driver works acceptably well

b] I have a Canon S600 and use the BJC-8500 win3.1 printer drivers with
it fairly successfully. You may want to have a look here

http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprTSIndex.jsp

for possible win3.1 drivers for your printer.

Regards

Pete

Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:
> I know that often drivers are designed for a printer family, so that a
> driver for for lower-numbered printer will wokr (albeit with some
> limitations) for a higher numbered one.
>  So, does anyone know if
> a) there are drivers for the 560/860/960 and/or 850/950 series of Canon
> printers? Do drivesr for 860 work for 960? Etc.
> b) there are any OS/2 or WinOS/2 drivers for this series?
>
> Thanks
0
Peter