Eternal life

Did you know you are an eternal being?  And that you will go on
after you leave this world?  What's on the other side?  What will it
be like?

We see this world today and we shudder to think about an eternity
lived in something similar.  Hate, disease, war, unknowns, variations,
it all adds up to a quagmire of uncertainty day by day.

Well rest assured.  Our future is not like that.  The world here exists
this way because of sin.  Disobedience to God allowed sin to enter
in, and it's been destroying ever since.  But God did not leave us, or
forsake us despite our sin.  He stepped into our world to rescue us,
to secure a real future in the proper (sin-free) form.

Jesus is our rescuer.  He was born as a man, under our same laws
so that He could save us. He was born of a virgin, so He didn't have
any sin.  He lived a sin-free life and God arranged it so He would
go to the cross innocent, so He could take on our sin and die, and in
that way our sin would die with Him, setting us free from sin, restoring
us to eternal life.

Jesus came into this world to rescue us.  He loves us, wants to forgive
us of our sin, and asks us to come to Him and say, "Jesus, forgive my
sin."  All who do are forgiven and immediately pass from death to
life, being completely changed from within in that selfsame moment.

After asking forgiveness of sin from Jesus, no longer are we the same.
Our thinking changes.  Our wants and wishes change.  We are literal new
creations.  Though still here in the same body, our innermost parts,
the invisible parts of our core, they are all changed, made shiny and
new by Jesus Christ, His gift to us.  Unmerited.  Undeserved.  It is simply
His pleasure to give us forgiveness.

Eternity will come to all people after death.  For those who aren't forgiven
of their sin, judgment awaits you for the sin you've committed, and
with judgment ... condemnation.

All people are guilty of some sin, and all people need to be forgiven.
Jesus is willing to forgive all people, and He forgives all who come
to Him asking forgiveness.  He will forgive you right now.  All you have
to do is ask Him.

Come to Jesus and ask forgiveness for your sin, and begin your life anew
knowing that when you leave this world you will be in Heaven, with God,
safe and secure forever.  It is the most weight-on-the-chest lifting
experience you'll ever know.  Real freedom.  Real inner change.

I love you.  It's why I teach you these things.  But Jesus loves you more.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
0
Rick
10/11/2016 11:43:11 AM
comp.os.os2.misc 2779 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

I don't know why you are doing this but the bible is clear that Jesus never
forced anyone to listen.  You are trying to force people to listen.  You are
making people hate Christ because of you.  Knowledge puffs up, love builds up.

EZoto

0
Euclides
10/14/2016 12:00:38 PM

"Rick C. Hodgin" wrote:

> Euclides Zoto wrote:
> > I don't know why you are doing this but the bible is clear that
> > Jesus never forced anyone to listen. You are trying to force
> > people to listen. You are making people hate Christ because of
> > you. Knowledge puffs up, love builds up.
>
> Nobody hates Christ because of the actions of another person.  That
> may be the excuse they use to sleep at night, but nobody can come
> to Christ unless God the Father draw them from within.  And all who
> seek the truth will read what I've written and see truth in it.
> The rest will not.
>
> It is given to people by God to receive salvation through Jesus Christ.
> Nobody knows who those people are who will come to believe, so we
> (Christians) err on the side of caution and teach everybody.  All who will
> be saved will receive the teaching, and be emboldened.  Those
> who are perishing are already lost, and will never receive the truth,
> but will continue hating the truth until the end.
>
> Best regards,
> Rick C. Hodgin

Best regards?  No.  You are forcing yourself on people and it clearly says
that Jesus never did that.  don't you hear what people are saying here about
your posts?  I read your story conversion.  It does say in the bible that
Satan disguises himself as the light.  The bible also says that no one knows
God yet you post that you know him.  I am not trying to bring you down.  You
are trying to impose you will here and Jesus never did that to anyone.  When
the time comes for someone who wants to know God then it will be his time and
no one else's.

EZoto

0
Euclides
10/14/2016 12:20:43 PM

"Rick C. Hodgin" wrote:

> Euclidea Zoto wrote:
> > You are trying to impose [your] will here and Jesus never did that
> > to anyone.
>
> Jesus did impose his will on someone.

This is where it ends.  God never imposes his will on anyone.  All men have
free will.  Jesus never imposed his will on anyone.  All men have free will.
The bible is clear on this.  You obviously will not accept this so Jesus simply
walked away.  Jesus preached and they followed him when he "asked" them to. If
you won't acknowledge the scriptures then what are you doing anyway?

EZoto

0
Euclides
10/14/2016 12:37:56 PM
Euclides Zoto wrote:
> I don't know why you are doing this but the bible is clear that
> Jesus never forced anyone to listen. You are trying to force
> people to listen. You are making people hate Christ because of
> you. Knowledge puffs up, love builds up.

Nobody hates Christ because of the actions of another person.  That
may be the excuse they use to sleep at night, but nobody can come
to Christ unless God the Father draw them from within.  And all who
seek the truth will read what I've written and see truth in it.
The rest will not.

It is given to people by God to receive salvation through Jesus Christ.
Nobody knows who those people are who will come to believe, so we
(Christians) err on the side of caution and teach everybody.  All who will
be saved will receive the teaching, and be emboldened.  Those
who are perishing are already lost, and will never receive the truth,
but will continue hating the truth until the end.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
0
Rick
10/15/2016 12:15:58 AM
Euclidea Zoto wrote:
> You are trying to impose [your] will here and Jesus never did that
> to anyone.

Jesus did impose his will on someone.  He healed the ear of Malchus,
and the Bible does not record He required any test of faith or have any
inquiry of Malchus if he wanted to have His ear healed.  It's arguable
that He knew Malchus wanted to have his ear healed, but it's also
arguable Jesus knew that Blind Bartimaeus wanted healed too, but
He still asked him what he wanted.

It is not possible to force a person to hear about Jesus Christ in a topic-
based text-only forum like this.  People are free to stop reading or to
avoid the thread at any time.  The teaching is given so those who have
an ear to hear can hear.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
0
Rick
10/15/2016 12:29:19 AM
Euclides Zoto wrote:
> [snip]

If you feel being silent about Jesus Christ and the need all people
worldwide have to receive salvation to enter in to eternal life (lest
they remain in sin and enter into the eternal flames of Hell) is the
better solution than to "go ye therefore and teach all nations,"
then that's your choice.  But I doubt you'll hear Jesus in Heaven
saying to anyone, "Why didn't you remain silent in that forum where
the people who had chosen to perish in Hell told you to be quiet?"  He
knows men, that they are in sin, and that none will believe unless
God the Father draw them.  And in thar drawing, He uses people teaching
other people, just as He first taught us.

Best regards,
Rick C. Hodgin
0
Rick