Registered SDD 7.1.0 for OS/2 versus SNAP/SE 2.1.9

I am currently using my registered copy of SDD 7.1.0 for OS/2 on my IBM
ThinkPad 600E which has the NeoMagic MagicGraph 256AV chipset.  I missed
the window to upgrade to SNAP at a special rate and would need to pay the
full rate to do so now.  Given this I am looking to see if there would be
any reason to upgrade to SNAP/SE 2.1.9 instead.  What if any additional
features or speed would be available to me?

-- Dave
dhdurgee<at>verizon<dot>net

me
3/10/2005 5:13:15 PM
comp.os.os2.misc 2779 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

In <423081bc$1$quqhetrr$mr2ice@news.individual.net>, on 03/10/2005
   at 12:13 PM, me@privacy.net said:

>I am currently using my registered copy of SDD 7.1.0 for OS/2 on my IBM
>ThinkPad 600E which has the NeoMagic MagicGraph 256AV chipset.  I missed
>the window to upgrade to SNAP at a special rate and would need to pay the
>full rate to do so now.  Given this I am looking to see if there would be
>any reason to upgrade to SNAP/SE 2.1.9 instead.  What if any additional
>features or speed would be available to me?

Isn't there a document on the Snap website that tells you this?   -->I think I looked into this once a few years back and there was no advantage beyond what the IBM SE driver did for the TP 600E.

>-- Dave
>dhdurgee<at>verizon<dot>net

letoured
3/12/2005 11:49:19 AM
letoured@nospam.net wrote:
> In <423081bc$1$quqhetrr$mr2ice@news.individual.net>, on 03/10/2005
>    at 12:13 PM, me@privacy.net said:
>

>>I am currently using my registered copy of SDD 7.1.0 for OS/2 on my IBM
>>ThinkPad 600E which has the NeoMagic MagicGraph 256AV chipset.  I missed
>>the window to upgrade to SNAP at a special rate and would need to pay the
>>full rate to do so now.  Given this I am looking to see if there would be
>>any reason to upgrade to SNAP/SE 2.1.9 instead.  What if any additional
>>features or speed would be available to me?

> Isn't there a document on the Snap website that tells you this?
>I think I looked into this once a few years back and there was
 >no advantage beyond what the IBM SE driver did for the TP 600E.

For one thing, you get the choice of more resolutions with the
commercial version - plus more high-end technical features (none of
which besides dual head that I can remember specificly).

RJF
0
RJF
3/13/2005 7:18:49 AM
In <d10p9g$iu3$1@news.seed.net.tw>, on 03/13/2005
   at 03:18 PM, RJF <rjf@yyy.indoserv.com> said:

>letoured@nospam.net wrote:
>> In <423081bc$1$quqhetrr$mr2ice@news.individual.net>, on 03/10/2005
>>    at 12:13 PM, me@privacy.net said:
>>

>>>I am currently using my registered copy of SDD 7.1.0 for OS/2 on my IBM
>>>ThinkPad 600E which has the NeoMagic MagicGraph 256AV chipset.  I missed
>>>the window to upgrade to SNAP at a special rate and would need to pay the
>>>full rate to do so now.  Given this I am looking to see if there would be
>>>any reason to upgrade to SNAP/SE 2.1.9 instead.  What if any additional
>>>features or speed would be available to me?

>> Isn't there a document on the Snap website that tells you this?
>>I think I looked into this once a few years back and there was
> >no advantage beyond what the IBM SE driver did for the TP 600E.

>For one thing, you get the choice of more resolutions with the
>commercial version - plus more high-end technical features (none of
>which besides dual head that I can remember specificly).

Are you sure you get all that on a TP 600E?

>RJF

0
letoured
3/13/2005 2:49:16 PM
In <MpYYd.1472$qN3.165@trndny01>, on 03/13/2005
   at 02:49 PM, letoured@nospam.net said:

>In <d10p9g$iu3$1@news.seed.net.tw>, on 03/13/2005
>   at 03:18 PM, RJF <rjf@yyy.indoserv.com> said:

>>letoured@nospam.net wrote:

>>> Isn't there a document on the Snap website that tells you this?
>>>I think I looked into this once a few years back and there was
>> >no advantage beyond what the IBM SE driver did for the TP 600E.

>>For one thing, you get the choice of more resolutions with the
>>commercial version - plus more high-end technical features (none of
>>which besides dual head that I can remember specificly).

>Are you sure you get all that on a TP 600E?

I meant to add that a few years ago, I looked at the Snap driver for the TP 600E and I don't think there was much of anything added over the Snap SE driver from IBM Passport Advantage -- I also seem to remember that the Snap SE driver running on the TP 600E also had a couple of problems that made me dump it for another OS2 driver. I don't remember what those problems where.

>>RJF

0
letoured