Right or Left ?

A simple multimedia setup can be a display monitor with
speakers positioned on both sides.  Think of this equipment
as being on a 'stage' in a theater, and the user as being the
'audience' in that theater.

What is called the "left" speaker -- is it the one on the left
of the audience (as viewed by the audience), or the one on the
left of the stage (as viewed by an actor standing ON the stage,
facing out towards the audience) ?

mikus

0
mikus
6/29/2004 5:21:59 PM
comp.os.os2.multimedia 517 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Sir:

Mikus Grinbergs wrote:
> A simple multimedia setup can be a display monitor with
> speakers positioned on both sides.  Think of this equipment
> as being on a 'stage' in a theater, and the user as being the
> 'audience' in that theater.
>
> What is called the "left" speaker -- is it the one on the left
> of the audience (as viewed by the audience), or the one on the
> left of the stage (as viewed by an actor standing ON the stage,
> facing out towards the audience) ?

Left is audience left (stage right).  You plug the left speakers into
the jack marked left and let the recording studio worry about stage left
or stage right.  In computers, though, one has to make sure all the
wires are plugged in correctly, and most home builders and factory
assemblers don't care.  Which is why digital transfer is important.  An
easy test is to turn off one side using a multimedia control like
balance and seeing which speaker talks and adjusting the wires according
if needed.
--
Bill
Thanks a Million!
Mikus Grinbergs wrote:
> What is called the "left" speaker -- is it the one on the left
> of the audience (as viewed by the audience), or the one on the
> left of the stage (as viewed by an actor standing ON the stage,
> facing out towards the audience) ?

It isn't that easy, cause assuming that left is always left may be
wrong, cause it is possible that left and right have somehow changed,
due to wrong internal cabling ....,

There are quite some good testing cd's around (for HiFi systems) if you
want to be absolutely sure.

Klaus Staedtler

0
Klaus
6/29/2004 6:46:48 PM
Hi Mikus

Your question begs the response "Where is your left ear?" ;-)

It should be on the same side as the left speaker when facing towards
the soundstage.

Hope that helps.

Pete

Mikus Grinbergs wrote:
> A simple multimedia setup can be a display monitor with
> speakers positioned on both sides.  Think of this equipment
> as being on a 'stage' in a theater, and the user as being the
> 'audience' in that theater.
>
> What is called the "left" speaker -- is it the one on the left
> of the audience (as viewed by the audience), or the one on the
> left of the stage (as viewed by an actor standing ON the stage,
> facing out towards the audience) ?
>
> mikus

0
Peter
6/29/2004 7:32:45 PM
On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:32:45 +0100 Peter Brown <losepeteSPAM-ME-NOT@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> > What is called the "left" speaker -- is it the one on the left
> > of the audience (as viewed by the audience), or the one on the
> > left of the stage (as viewed by an actor standing ON the stage,
> > facing out towards the audience) ?
>
> Hi Mikus
> Your question begs the response "Where is your left ear?" ;-)
>
> It should be on the same side as the left speaker when facing towards
> the soundstage.

Thank you, Pete and Bill.  (I've got some speaker brochures
showing it the one way, and one showing it the other way.)

mikus

p.s.  But if it depends upon "where is my left ear?", does
      that mean that if I were to sit for long periods with
      my back to the soundstage, then I ought to interchange
      the 'left' and 'right' speakers while doing so ?   8-)

0
mikus
6/30/2004 8:18:39 PM
On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 20:18:39 UTC, mikus@bga.com (Mikus Grinbergs) opined:
> On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:32:45 +0100 Peter Brown <losepeteSPAM-ME-NOT@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> > > What is called the "left" speaker -- is it the one on the left
> > > of the audience (as viewed by the audience), or the one on the
> > > left of the stage (as viewed by an actor standing ON the stage,
> > > facing out towards the audience) ?
> >
> > Hi Mikus
> > Your question begs the response "Where is your left ear?" ;-)
> >
> > It should be on the same side as the left speaker when facing towards
> > the soundstage.
>
> Thank you, Pete and Bill.  (I've got some speaker brochures
> showing it the one way, and one showing it the other way.)

That's hard to understand. Headsets are always labelled "Left" and "Right";
headsets and speakers are the same thing. If the Left headset connects to
the Left output, then that is what the Left speaker has to do too. It isn't
reasonable to expect that the Left headset should be connected to the Right
output, so the same is true for speakers.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

Saddam is gone. Ceterum, censeo Arafat esse delendum.

To send me email, please replace the CAPITAL_LETTERS with "sig". Please do
not send me HTML-formatted messages.Please do not send me attachments
without telling me beforehand.

0
Stan
7/1/2004 11:16:49 AM
Stan Goodman wrote:
> It isn't reasonable to expect that the Left headset should be connected to the Right
> output, so the same is true for speakers.

For such reasons my amplifier has labeled the inputs/outputs as Channel
I and Channel II instaed of using irritating left/right (a British
product, naturally ;-)

Klaus Staedtler

0
Klaus
7/1/2004 11:30:28 AM
Servus Klaus!

 KS> From: Klaus Staedtler <gibtsnet@gibtsnet.net>

 KS> Stan Goodman wrote:
>> It isn't reasonable to expect that the Left headset should be
>> connected to the Right output, so the same is true for speakers.
>>

 KS> For such reasons my amplifier has labeled the inputs/outputs as Channel
 KS> I and Channel II instaed of using irritating left/right (a
 KS> British product, naturally ;-)

Also on swiss products :-)

Herzliche Gruesse, Harald

-+- Message created on Friday July, 02 2004 10:14:39 EDT
0
Harald
7/2/2004 7:14:05 AM
Harald Pollack wrote:

> Also on swiss products :-)

Maybe the've read too Ernst Jandl ;-)

Klaus Staedtler

0
Klaus
7/2/2004 12:07:57 PM
Servus Klaus!

KS> From: Klaus Staedtler <gibtsnet@gibtsnet.net>

KS> Harald Pollack wrote:
>>
>> Also on swiss products :-)
>>

KS> Maybe the've read too Ernst Jandl ;-)

He was my German teacher (really)....

Herzliche Gruesse, Harald

-+- Message created on Saturday July, 03 2004 07:44:59 mez
0
Harald
7/3/2004 4:43:58 AM
On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 11:30:28 UTC, Klaus Staedtler <gibtsnet@gibtsnet.net>
opined:
> Stan Goodman wrote:
> > It isn't reasonable to expect that the Left headset should be connected to the Right
> > output, so the same is true for speakers.
> >

> For such reasons my amplifier has labeled the inputs/outputs as Channel
> I and Channel II instaed of using irritating left/right (a British
> product, naturally ;-)

Naturally; this leaves it up to the user to flip a coin to decide what to
connect to which speaker, and makes the question moot.

Actually, it isn't clear to me that there is really a problem, except for
people who have a mental map of the conventional seating of symphony
orchestras. I myself have (regrettably) long since forgotten whatever I once
knew about this, so am not offended or confused no matter where the French
horns come from the right or the left.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on
Israel

Saddam is gone. Ceterum, censeo Arafat esse delendum.

To send me email, please replace the CAPITAL_LETTERS with "sig". Please do
not send me HTML-formatted messages.Please do not send me attachments
without telling me beforehand.

0
Stan
7/3/2004 7:17:42 AM
Stan Goodman wrote:

> Naturally; this leaves it up to the user to flip a coin to decide what to
> connect to which speaker.

Or to use his ears.

I have e.g. some very fine Mahler Symphonies where the recodings where
done with a *single-pair* of microphones. They produce such an
athmoshpere that in silent parts you are even afraid to breath to not
disturb it. Naturally only when the whole setup is correct (left/right,
phase, positioning of speakers ...)

Klaus Staedtler

0
Klaus
7/3/2004 8:43:07 AM
Stan Goodman wrote:

> Naturally; this leaves it up to the user to flip a coin to decide what to
> connect to which speaker, and makes the question moot.
>
> Actually, it isn't clear to me that there is really a problem, except for
> people who have a mental map of the conventional seating of symphony
> orchestras. I myself have (regrettably) long since forgotten whatever I once
> knew about this, so am not offended or confused no matter where the French
> horns come from the right or the left.

In most orchestras, the french horns will be right in the middle, at the
back, pointed into either a wall or some unfortunate percussionists ;)

Cheers,
Dave
0
David

what does SHIFT-left-or-right of up-down-left-right do?
Well, I know about shift up-and-down: shift-right ("red" or whatever) up and down on choose-box, HIST, things like that, take the cursor all the way to the beginning or the end. shift-left ("white") on up and down scroll the screen-full up or down (the FIRST such click *stupidly* goes to the final CURRENTLY-ON-SCREEN choice or whatever (meaning TWO double-button-pushes to scroll-down that FIRST time.) What are some of the OTHER possibilities, ie with the left and right arrows? Oh, apparantely undocumented, I've found (via mistaken key-pushes) that RIGHT-arrow will do a SWAP (on stack), and that an UP-arrow gets you into HIST (that HIST is *one nice feature*!) Other tricks with those arrows? Thanks! David David Combs wrote: > Well, I know about shift up-and-down: > > shift-right ("red" or whatever) up and down on > choose-box, HIST, things like that, take the > cursor all the way to the beginning or the end. > > shift-left ("white") on up and down scroll the > screen-full up or down (the FIRST such click > *stupidly* goes to the final CURRENTLY-ON-SCREEN > choice or whatever (meaning TWO double-button-pushes > to scroll-down that FIRST time.) > > > What are some of the OTHER possibilities, ie with the > left and right arrows? > > > Oh, apparantely undocumented,...

does PHP read left to right or right to left?
I've two functions. currentHeadline looks in $_GET for a variable called 'image' and prints what it finds. showThumbnail takes an image for a parameter and resizes it before sending it to the screen. But when I do this: <?php showThumbnail(currentImage(), 20, 20); ?> showThumbnail is telling me that it is not being given a file name, and currentImage is printing the file name to the screen. How is that possible? What is the right way to do this? lawrence k wrote: > I've two functions. currentHeadline looks in $_GET for a variable > called 'image' and pr...

LEFT + LEFT vs LEFT + RIGHT
In order to do a full outer join in MySQL one must use a union. Is there any good reason to do SELECT ... LEFT JOIN UNION SELECT ... RIGHT JOIN rather than SELECT ... LEFT JOIN UNION SELECT ... LEFT JOIN with the tables swapped on the latter LEFT JOIN? Paul Lautman wrote: > In order to do a full outer join in MySQL one must use a union. > Is there any good reason to do > > SELECT ... > LEFT JOIN > > UNION > > SELECT ... > RIGHT JOIN > > rather than > > SELECT ... > LEFT JOIN > > UNION > > SELECT ... > LEFT JOIN > ...

Changing x-axis plot from right to left to left to right
Hi, For mathematical reasons, I need to change the way that gnuplots my data along the X axis from right to left to left to right (that is, at the minute it plots from 20 down to 1, not from 1 to 20) I am aware of set xrange reverse but this just inverts the whole graph and displays from 17 .... 1 down along the x-axis rather than plotting the other way round. I'm rather stuck and would appreciate some advice. Regards Jamie On 14.08.2012 17:52, Jamie Rees wrote: > For mathematical reasons, I need to change the way that gnuplots my > data along the X axis from right to left to left to right (that is, > at the minute it plots from 20 down to 1, not from 1 to 20) That makes no sense whatsoever. gnuplot generates some kind of picture. It makes absolutely no difference whatsoever whether a line was drawn from left to right or right to left --- it'll be the same line in the end, consisisting of exactly the same pixels being coloured. So since this doesn't make sense, maybe you should tell us what your actual problem is, so we can find out how that might be solved. On Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:12:33 PM UTC+1, Hans-Bernhard Br=F6ker wrote: > On 14.08.2012 17:52, Jamie Rees wrote: >=20 >=20 >=20 > > For mathematical reasons, I need to change the way that gnuplots my >=20 > > data along the X axis from right to left to left to right (that is, >=20 > > at the minute it plots from...

Left, right, and OS2 games
Almost all the free OS2/OS3 games I've downloaded for my OS5 palmOne T|E refuse to respond to the left/right directional, although the up/down and the button work fine. Games that rely on the stylus work fine. Is this a common problem? On 14 Sep 2004 17:34:54 -0700, Darryl wrote: > Almost all the free OS2/OS3 games I've downloaded for my OS5 palmOne > T|E refuse to respond to the left/right directional, although the > up/down and the button work fine. Games that rely on the stylus work > fine. > > Is this a common problem? You're expecting ol...

Text widget with mixed left-to-right and right-to-left Unicode text abilities?
Hi, is there one of these? If not I might have a go at writing a simple one of them.... Apologies if this is a FAQ, I did search the archive a bit before posting. Best, Charles. ...

Changing M-<right,left> to C-<right,left>
Hello, I tried to change the word moving behaviour as shown in the post title and could not. Part of my .emacs is below. (global-set-key (kbd "C-z") 'undo) (global-set-key (kbd "C-<right>") 'forward-word) (global-set-key (kbd "C-<left>") 'backward-word) Finally, how could I open a new buffer proportionally in the same window? For instance, if I open a new buffer with C-x 2 and then open the new buffer the window is split in two equal halves. I'd prefer to have it 70%, 30%. TIA, Andre Luiz AndreLTR <andreltramos@gmail.com> writes: > Hello, > > I tried to change the word moving behaviour as shown in the post title > and could not. Part of my .emacs is below. > > (global-set-key (kbd "C-z") 'undo) > (global-set-key (kbd "C-<right>") 'forward-word) > (global-set-key (kbd "C-<left>") 'backward-word) Works for me. Seems the code is not evaluated at all for you, dunno why, presumably something is wrong with your init file. > Finally, how could I open a new buffer proportionally in the same > window? For instance, if I open a new buffer with C-x 2 and then open > the new buffer the window is split in two equal halves. I'd prefer to > have it 70%, 30%. You can use the prefix arg of `split-window-below' to specify window heights in lines, see the doc string. Is that acceptable? ...

left, right?
What function returns some number of characters on the right or left of a string? i.e. if I have the string 'filename', is there a command like Left('filename',4) = file? Thanks. asdd12 wrote: > > > What function returns some number of characters on the right or > left > of a string? i.e. if I have the string 'filename', is there a > command > like Left('filename',4) = file? Thanks. >> f='filename' f = filename >> f(1:4) ans = file In article <ef4d6a8.-1@webcrossing.raydaftYaTP>, nospam@nospam.com says... &...

Are you Left or Right?
Take the test http://www.politicalcompass.org/ Robs score, which surprised me a bit Economic Left/Right: 1.38 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.21 Shit, wrong group sorry "rob" <roball@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message news:t2vJd.11457$mo2.882985@news.xtra.co.nz... > Take the test > > http://www.politicalcompass.org/ > > Robs score, which surprised me a bit > Economic Left/Right: 1.38 > Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.21 > "rob" <roball@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message news:t2vJd.11457$mo2.882985@news...

Align javascript alert message to right AND / OR make the direction as RIGHT-TO-LEFT
Dear Friends, I am wondering, how can i show Alert() messages includes text aligned to the right of the message box on the screen. i am looking for something like the "\n" to do this. additionally, How can i show the same message in a Right-To-Left format. Best Regards, Oran MEIR Hi Oran As far as I know you can't script the MS alert box. The good news is that you can build your own and use CSS to make the content right to left and text align to the right. I assume your content is Hebrew and you have stopped using the old backward font system for HTML. ;>) Then again ...

Choosing the right OS between Mac OS X, Linux dist, Win
Hi Guys, I have a 4 year old Dell Inspiron 5100 P4-2.8 GHz (1.25 GB RAM, 40GB HDD). Its been running fine with some heating problems, and a few fresh installations of win-xp needed. Now, I have a need to buy a second laptop (it has to be a laptop since I am moving place to place every few months). Thats when I hit the question.. What to buy... Well, before anything else, I should mention my intended usage of the system... - Running software like - Oracle 10g Server, - Oracle Warehouse Builder - Some ETL tools... - some shell programming - some perl programming - lots of...

t = (t->left != NULL) ? t->left : t->right;
hi i am learning C++ and when trying to implement a binary search tree for the first time I came across: t = (t->left != NULL) ? t->left : t->right; in a remove function, I have never seen this syntax and was wondering if anyonr could explain to me what it does. thanks in advance -joe [ See http://www.gotw.ca/resources/clcm.htm for info about ] [ comp.lang.c++.moderated. First time posters: Do this! ] it is the same as if ( t->left != NULL ) t = t->left; else t = t->right; Best regards, Alexey. [ See http://www.gotw.ca/resources/c...

right-click drag for Modal Model on Mac OS Xright-click drag for Modal Model on Mac OS X
An old problem seems to have resurfaced: I can't draw transitions between states in a Modal Model on a Mac. I'm running Ptolemy 5.0.1 on a Mac Powerbook running Mac OS X 10.4.6 using JVERSION=1.5.0_06 (according to ptinvoke). The arcs are supposed to be drawn with "control-drag" according to the comment in Modal Model, and "control-right-click" according to some bug reports. The Mac is a one-button machine, with "control-click" generally mapping to "right click", so "control" is overloaded. The manual (vol 1, doc version 5...

Re: right-click drag for Modal Model on Mac OS Xright-click drag for Modal Model on Mac OS X
Hi Martin, Ah, the right click problem. I don't have ready access to a Mac, so it is difficult for me to fix this. If someone wants to give me a Mac . . . :-) You could try building from the current CVS tree and see if that helps. See http://chess.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptexternal Kepler 1.0-beta should be out sometime soon, they have a number of Mac users and have built from a very recent version of the Ptolemy tree, so the problem might be fixed there. See http://www.kepler-project.org I'd like to see if the problem occurs in the CVS head or in Kepler before proceeding ...

RE: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other
> -----Original Message----- > From: JF Mezei [mailto:jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com]=20 > Sent: October 11, 2004 11:45 PM > To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com > Subject: Re: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions=20 > VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS')=20 > other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other=20 > OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other=20 >=20 > "Main, Kerry" wrote: > > Course, there are many ways to offer differen...

RE: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS')
> -----Original Message----- > From: Soterro [mailto:soterroatyahoocom@address.hp.com]=20 > Sent: October 11, 2004 9:43 AM > To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com > Subject: Re: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions=20 > VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS')=20 > other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') >=20 > Main, Kerry wrote: > >>From: John Smith [mailto:a@nonymous.com]=20 > >>You aren't directly to blame for this and I know you'd like=20 > >>to keep your > >>job, but just how many times have you and your colleagues=20 > >>written carly(tm) > >>or curly or GQ Bob about this in the past? > >=20 > > Actually, I work with UNIX, Windows as well as OpenVMS.=20 > You're value to > > any corporation goes up exponentially if you know more than one OS.=20 >=20 > I think JS asked something else: is it so out of this world to think=20 > that the insiders could point their superiors to some things? >=20 > S > And you think perhaps that this does not happen? Course, there are many ways to offer different opinions within a large company, but keep in mind that every OS or platform within a company will always try and say it needs more $'s to promote/enhance itself.=20 Take a big company like IBM - what do you think an AIX field person's chances are of convincing their Mgmt to qui...

right to left menu
Dear All, Using Access 2003/2007 I am looking to build a right to left menu on a pop-up form. Using the activeX toolbar ( provided by windows V 6.0 ) was useful except I can't force the drop down menu to drop right to left side, if any have any ideas regarding this issue I would appreciate your support. Regards, Khalid Arramli karramli@gmail.com wrote: > Dear All, > > Using Access 2003/2007 I am looking to build a right to left menu on a > pop-up form. Using the activeX toolbar ( provided by windows V 6.0 ) > was useful except I can't force the drop down menu to dro...

Left or Right Function
Hi all, Is there in Matlab a function like the LEFT function in access that allows to define as a new variable the first (or last) N characters of a string or number? thanks "Cesare " <cesare_fracassi@yahoo.com> wrote in message <fbaf18$hu6$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi all, > > Is there in Matlab a function like the LEFT function in > access that allows to define as a new variable the first (or > last) N characters of a string or number? > > thanks > I dont know about access, but try this: if ur variable is an String var='Characte...

unmatched left/right
$\left[yadda yadda$ normal text $\right]$ vs $\left[yadda yadda \text{ normal text } \right]$ First one is visually correct except missing ] symbol at the end and gives errors because of unmatched left/right. (doesn't seem to allow spanding across several math modes) The second doesn't automatically break the text like the first one. I guess \left and \right measure the height of everything inbetween to set the font size? But doesn't span outside a math mode. Possible, if there are no other valid solutions, to create a new left and right's that do this regardless of math mode? e.g., \leftt{1}{[}$yadda yadda$ normal text \rightt{1}{]} where leftt{1} is paired with \rightt{1} regardless of what happens inbetween. "George Jefferson" <phreon111@gmail.com> wrote in message news:hpmf75$3fk$1@news.eternal-september.org... > $\left[yadda yadda$ normal text $\right]$ > removing the left and right and just using normal sized brackets gives exactly what I want except they are not scaled properly. $[yadda yadda$ normal text $]$ On 9 dub, 07:56, "George Jefferson" <phreon...@gmail.com> wrote: > "George Jefferson" <phreon...@gmail.com> wrote in message > > news:hpmf75$3fk$1@news.eternal-september.org... > > > $\left[yadda yadda$ normal text $\right]$ > > removing the left and right and just using normal sized brackets gi...

Right-to-left languages?
Hi all, Can anyone please report the status of rendering of right-to-left languages in tk? I develop an LGPL NLP-related application (http://www.ellogon.org) and recently I got a question about supporting the Hebrew language. I need information on how the text widget can render these kind of languages and possible tkhtml. I feel a little akward for asking such a question :-) but I have no experence with right-to-left languages... Regards, George Hi Georgios, "Georgios Petasis" <petasis@iit.demokritos.gr> writes: > Can anyone please report the status of rendering of ...

Why not automatic \left and \right ?
Hi folks, I've been wondering why \left and \right aren't assumed in the math mode. I thought it would be nice if \left and \right were automatic. I mean, I'd like all opening parens "(" to be regarded as "\left(" and closing parens as "\right)". It is rare (in my use) that automatic "\left(" or "\right)" would do any harm. When parens aren't paired, we could still use \left or \right: \left( something tall \right. If we ever need to suppress the stretching of parens, we could explicitly say something li...

Stick left AND right
Hello, I am preparing an index which is typeset in a multi-column layout. Keywords are aligned with the left margin, the corresponding page number is aligned with the right margin. Naively, I use \hfill for this purpose: \newcommand{\Entry}[2]{#1\hfill #2} \Entry{key}{1234} \Entry{keyword}{1234} \Entry{word}{4332} results in: key 1234 keyword 1234 word 4332 However, with the occasional very long keywords (columns are wide enough to hold ca. 95% of keywords+page number in one line), the page number wraps into the next line, and the pagenumber appears at the lef...

Left and Right axis
We have been able to print a left and right axis in PROC GPLOT. Can this be done in PROC GCHART (VBAR). We have a group with high numbers on one side of the graph. The other side has low numbers. The high side dwarfs the low side and we have been requested to provide a different axis on the right side of the graph. Edward Gano wrote: > We have been able to print a left and right axis in PROC GPLOT. > > Can this be done in PROC GCHART (VBAR). > > We have a group with high numbers on one side of the graph. > The other side has low numbers. > > The high side dwarfs the...

Help with \left and \right
I like to use the following command \newcommand{\set}[1]{\left\{#1\right\}} Hence \set{1,2,3} is typeset as {1,2,3} My problem is that the useage of \left...\right dosen't allow linebreaks in between the delimiters. Hence I often get overfull hbox warnings and lines continuing too far into the margin. The alternative is to define \set without using \left and \right and loose the nice feature of always have the brackets being the right size when used in displayed equations. What I would like to do is define \set to use \left...\right if it is used in displaymath mode and use \{...\} if...

Web resources about - Right or Left ? - comp.os.os2.multimedia

Ben Carson Reportedly Endorsing Donald Trump Tomorrow Morning
Ben Carson is apparently climbing aboard the Trump train. The ex-presidential candidate for the GOP who ended his campaign last week will reportedly ...

Apple calls DOJ's most recent response to San Bernardino case 'a cheap shot'
Tensions between Apple and the FBI flared up Thursday after the U.S. Department of Justice filed its response in the San Bernardino iPhone case. ...

Now that Google's artificial brain is conquering Go, this classic computer game from 1998 could be next ...
Google's DeepMind just won its second of five games of the classic board game Go against a top-ranked world champion — a feat that impressed ...

Sept. 11 Families Seek to Restore Saudi Arabia as Defendant
Lawyers for families of Sept. 11 terrorist-attacks victims have asked a New York federal appeals court to restore Saudi Arabia as a defendant ...

Coy Wesbrook: Texas Executes Man For 1997 Shooting Rampage That Killed 5
Texas has executed Coy Wesbrook, a man who spent 17 years on death row, for a 1997 shooting rampage that left five people dead including his ...

Jessica Chaffin & Diana Maria Riva Join CBS’ Matt LeBlanc Comedy Pilot
Jessica Chaffin ( Spy ) and Telenovela ‘s Diana Maria Riva have been cast opposite Matt LeBlanc in CBS ' untitled LeBlanc/Filgos comedy pilot ...

FCC proposes stricter privacy rules for Internet service providers
The new rules would ensure your broadband or wireless service provider couldn't share your personal data with marketers without permission.

Higher stock prices, home values lift US household wealth
WASHINGTON (AP) — Americans' household wealth jumped in the final three months of last year, pushed higher by rising stock prices and greater ...

Remains of the Day: Opera Browser Gets Built-In Ad Blocker
Opera’s desktop browser is going full-hog in the ad-block game by incorporating their own blocker, no third party apps necessary. And Apple finally ...

LGBT ‘Star Wars’ Characters: A Brief History
A lot has changed in the last few years when it comes to LGBT “Star Wars” characters. For the longest time there were almost none. Now we’ve ...