IBM NULL MAC Driver - Loopback Interface under OS/2?

Howdy World !

Just read on the Connextic newsgroup that you need to hook up VPC/2 guest
OSes
via the Loopback Interface to make them see each other and the Host PC
WITHOUT
that host pc being connected to any network (everybody always only considers
Guest PC to outside network connection - why is a mystery to me).

Now the instructions for that procedure where for Windoze.
So I wonder how one would install a loopback adapter in OS/2?
Maybe that IBM NULL MAC driver is it?

Also, what do the two parameters you can specify for the Virtual PC MAC
driver mean?

And while we're at it, what does the term MAC mean anyway?

Greetings
	Morenga

0
no598 (337)
7/12/2003 8:05:25 AM
comp.os.os2.networking.misc 604 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 02:05:25 -0600 (MDT), Morenga wrote:

>Just read on the Connextic newsgroup that you need to hook up VPC/2 guest
>OSes
>via the Loopback Interface to make them see each other and the Host PC
>WITHOUT
>that host pc being connected to any network (everybody always only considers
>Guest PC to outside network connection - why is a mystery to me).

Open up the TCPIP Configuration notebook and check the
loopback interface is enabled.

Cheers

Wayne
--
Posted with PMINews 2 for OS/2
Running on eComStation 1.1

0
rondonko1 (100)
7/12/2003 6:12:15 AM
On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 15:12:15 +0900 (JST), Wayne wrote:

>On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 02:05:25 -0600 (MDT), Morenga wrote:
>
>>Just read on the Connextic newsgroup that you need to hook up VPC/2 guest
>>OSes
>>via the Loopback Interface to make them see each other and the Host PC
>>WITHOUT
>>that host pc being connected to any network (everybody always only considers
>>Guest PC to outside network connection - why is a mystery to me).
>>

>Open up the TCPIP Configuration notebook and check the
>loopback interface is enabled.

No, no. You're talking about the TCP/IP loopback interface, but I'm talking
about
a logical loopback network adapter.
You can't assign the VPC/2 protocol in the TCP/IP notebook.
You have to do that via MPTS config.

Morenga

0
no598 (337)

Mac OS X vs. OS/2 peer #2
On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 17:38:01, Dan Drake wrote: >On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 00:08:52 UTC, jim burke <jimburke200@earthlink.net> >wrote: >>... >> you might see if your ibmlan.ini file has >> svrhidden=no in it. It's no. >>... >> I don't know what command line programs are available on OS X, >> but if you know the ipaddress of the Mac, ping it from the os2 machine >> and then do a netstat -p to see if the interface is seen. I can ping the Mac ok; netstat shows it active. >> >> To see if the os2 lan card is correctly set up (for tcp/ip anyway) >> ifconfig lan0 Here's the output for the two NIC addresses lan0: (this is TCP/IP) flags=b863<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,MULTICAST,BRIDGE,SNAP, LOOPBRD> metric 1 inet 192.168.0.10 netmask 0xffff0000 broadcast 192.168.255.255 lan1: (this is NETBIOS over TCP/IP) flags=3c2a<BROADCAST,LOOPBACK,NOTRAILERS,DEFMTU,MULTICAST,BRIDGE, SNAP> >> >> Net error will show what peer errors you've accumulated over time. >> net error /r /c=10 will reverse the order and show the last 10. Oddly enough, no errors since August. >> >> Check your lantran.log to see if it is showing any error messages. Nothing that *looks* abnormal to me. It even says, TCPBEUI: Logical adapter 1 is bound to TCP/IP interface lan0. Adapter 0 is using node address 0002B39F08FD. The Token-Ring format is 0040CDF9 10BF. Which look...

IBM continues to end OS/2 support and withdraw OS/2
I was suprised to see that IBM has updated their 'withdrawal from marketing' page for OS/2. The old page a couple of years ago was short and sweet and basically said OS/2 was gone. The new page goes into much more detail but offers some interesting new info... [begin excerpts] Existing OS/2 customers Existing OS/2 customers can purchase additional OS/2 licenses on an exception basis. IBM will review each request and notify the customer if it is approved. Contact your IBM representative to submit an order request. Support for IBM Middleware Defect Support f...

Drivers: MultiMac Intel PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter &quot;OS/2 Community&quot; Driver for OS/2 &amp; eCS V0.1.6
++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++ From: madodelDESPAM@DESPAMptdprolog.net On hobbes there is a new OS/2 NDIS2 network driver for the Intel PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter. A debug version of the driver is included. This is part of the Multimac network driver project. The Standard MAC Driver Project for eComStation "This is an NDIS driver for Intel Gigabit PCI-Express LAN adapters. This driver is based on the source code of e1000e Linux kernel module and of nveth NVIDIA NIC driver for OS/2 developed by nickk." According to the project we...

Does the NT 4 OS/2 subsystem support OS/2 network devices?
Tim? "Louis Ohland" <ohland@charter.net> wrote in message news:46WUr.25879$Yf7.11775@newsfe16.iad... > Tim? I don't quite understand the question, but the network adapter drivers will be NT4's and MS LAN Manager and IBM LAN Server can be made compatible enough to co-operate in a common Domain, with a few considerations taken into account. Is that what you mean? -- Cheers, Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST) Guildford, U.K. Ugh... me hardware guy... no code do I... Stick network card into NT box... Use OS/2 drivers... How's that, Tim? I can drag my knuckles on the ground and do some mouth-breathing if you'd like... On 8/9/2012 17:43, Tim WBST Clarke wrote: > "Louis Ohland" <ohland@charter.net> wrote in message > news:46WUr.25879$Yf7.11775@newsfe16.iad... >> Tim? > > I don't quite understand the question, but the network adapter drivers > will be NT4's and MS LAN Manager and IBM LAN Server can be made > compatible enough to co-operate in a common Domain, with a few > considerations taken into account. Is that what you mean? "Louis Ohland" <ohland@charter.net> wrote in message news:iBXUr.18305$lA2.10252@newsfe07.iad... > Ugh... me hardware guy... no code do I... > > Stick network card into NT box... Use OS/2 drivers... > > How's that, Tim? I can drag my knuckles on the ground and do some > mouth-breathing ...

INSPECT: OS/VS vs. IBM Enterprise COBOL for z/OS and OS/390 3.2.0
All righty... as mentioned the other day I coded: 01 CHAR-1 PIC X. 01 CHAR-80 PIC X(80). .... PROCEDURE DIVISION. PERFORM INSPECT-1. PERFORM INSPECT-80. GOBACK. INSPECT-1. INSPECT CHAR-1 REPLACING ALL 'a' BY 'A'. INSPECT-80. INSPECT CHAR-80 REPLACING ALL 'a' BY 'A' ALL 'b' B...

FS: Mac OS X v10.2 and Mac OS X v10.3 (Panther)
clearing up my storeroom. we have moved to tiger. OS10.2 are the original two cds from apple OS10.3 (Panther) are the original three cds from apple. prices: best offer -- getting out of bed in the morning is an act of false confidence - jules feifer to email me, delete syzygy. from my return address ...

OT: OS/2 or OS/NOT-2
Wow-- I've been *trying* to play with OS/2 Warp 4, trying to get on the internet. I'm very familiar with Windows (of course) and Linux-- OS/2 on the other hand, that's a different story. Getting this thing on the internet has been a pain. It works, finally. :) Now-- I realize that I'm basically stuck in the DOS age when it comes to dealing with files, like one of the most rudementary types of files-- zip files!!! Is there not a Winzip/WinRar-like app for OS/2? Can someone lead me to the light? What stuff do I need to put on this thing before it's even useful? Thanks! --Daniel Daniel Hamilton wrote: > Wow-- I've been *trying* to play with OS/2 Warp 4, trying to get on the > internet. I'm very familiar with Windows (of course) and Linux-- OS/2 > on the other hand, that's a different story. Getting this thing on the > internet has been a pain. It works, finally. :) Now-- I realize that > I'm basically stuck in the DOS age when it comes to dealing with files, > like one of the most rudementary types of files-- zip files!!! Is there > not a Winzip/WinRar-like app for OS/2? > > Can someone lead me to the light? What stuff do I need to put on this > thing before it's even useful? > > Thanks! Daniel Go to the newsgroup comp.os.os2.misc and other os2 newsgroups. They're good with this type of question. Dan the K Daniel Hamilton wrote: > ...

Porting a Mac OS 9 to Carbon Mac OS X shared library + Java Native Interface
I have ported a Mac OS 9 shared library to Mac OS X using Codewarrior 8 and the Carbon methodology. The library uses PowerPlant to display and handle a dialog box that communicates with the caller application. What are the prerequisites and steps for wrapping this library under Java Native Interface since the caller application is written in Java and Java itself cannot call methods directly from a native shared library? Are there any previous attempts, expreiences? Any obstacles? Byron ...

Porting a Mac OS 9 to Carbon Mac OS X shared library + Java Native Interface
I have ported a Mac OS 9 shared library to Mac OS X using Codewarrior 8 and the Carbon methodology. What are the prerequisites and steps for wrapping this library under Java Native Interface since the caller application is written in Java and Java itself cannot call methods directly from a native shared library? Are there any previous attempts, expreiences? Any obstacles? Byron The JNI library must be Mach-O. It must be a dylib named "lib<yourlibname>.jnilib". I'm pretty sure there is sample code for JNI libs on the Apple Developer Site. You say that your nat...

Information passed from OS/2 Master Boot Record ( MBR ) to OS/2 Bootmanager ( BMGR ) to OS/2 Partition Boot Record ?
Hello, I am working on the problem to boot from USB Mass Storage Device. The results and open problems has been documented at Howto Boot OS/2 - eCs from USB Mass Storage Devices ( MSD ) - English Version - Wiki http://p2066.typo3server.info/wiki-usb-boot-en.html The following information is needed for the project: Information passed from OS/2 Master Boot Record ( MBR ) to OS/2 Bootmanager ( BMGR ) to OS/2 Partition Boot Record ? The OS/2 MBR tests for I13X support and pass this information via flag at memory segment 3000:0000 (0030:0000). That informa...

Mac OS X vs. OS/2 peer
Having followed a few threads on making Mac OS X do peer networking with OS/2, I've decided that it works either effortlessly or not at all. I'm one of the "not at all" group. So I'm making another try, just one step at a time, posing what I hope are small, incremental questions that the long-suffering experts can answer quickly (and yet, if possible, with extreme explicitness). First step, which everyone agrees on: you need to have NETBIOS over TCP/IP. Fine; I've installed that. MPTS display: Intel(R) PRO PCI Adapter (4.35) 0 - IBM OS/2 NETBIOS 1 - IBM OS/2 NETBIOS OVER TCP/IP 0 - IBM TCP/IP Now, how do I find out if it's really working? No point going ahead with tests of the Mac if the protocol somehow isn't functioning; and it has been said that netbios over tcp/ip doesn't always install correctly. I can see two approaches: A (WRONG): Set up two os/2 systems with netbios over tcp/ip and *not* plain netbios, and see if that works. Wrong, because that configuration doesn't work. MPTS happily accepts it, but the reboot fails with a message that it can't load ibmlan\netprog\netwksta.200 B (MAYBE): Test from a remote network. Just install netbios over tcp/ip and punch the proper hole in the firewall; do the same on another network. Easy. Of course, I'll be doing exactly what everyone warns against: opening my shares to every amateur cracker on the Internet; but heck, it's only for a litt...

Network Mac OS 8.6 to OS 10.4
Hello, all! I have a Power Mac 7500 for which I recently found a 50 GB hard drive, to upgrade it to Yellow Dog Linux, but the hard drive hadn't arrived yet, so I began playing around with OS 8.6. I have my OS 10.4 iBook hooked up to Ethernet at my office at school, and I have it set up to accept remote login, ftp and remote Apple events and have logged in many times from my roommate's Compaq; I fired up the Chooser and tried logging in from the OS 8.6 box, only to find to my horror that 10.4 would not accept respond to the connection. I checked with the Compaq, and *it* only w...

audio with win-os/2 but not os/2???
anybody know why the audio with my ess card ain't working with os/2 but does with win-os/2? -- Thanks, That Guy ---- http://gandalf.home.digital.net/trollfaq.html <-- readit new folk who people noooobies ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/control/ <-- faq shmec-a-q get the origanal group faq here That Guy wrote: > anybody know why the audio with my ess card ain't working with os/2 > but does with win-os/2? > I know this will sound ridiculous...but the system volume is turned up to a level that will be audible, right?? On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 03:46:...

IBM OS/2 OS2 2.0 5.25" Disk Format Plus RARE STACKER! auction
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4619&item=7162276443< Ends Jun-15-05 19:18:53 PDT -- Reply to ohland@charter.net ...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.13 (v13) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Dear All, I've just released the newest version of Mac Graphviz, featuring shapefile support and enhanced zoom. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ Shapefiles supported include PDF, EPS, PS, JPEG, PNG and all Quicktime formats. Either specify an absolute or relative (to working directory) file path, or a URL using the shapefile attribute. Developers can now also use the graphviz.framework directly with #include headers in C e.g. using Xcode "Add Frameworks..."; documentation is available from the main Graphviz site -- http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/libguide.pdf...

Hi all, Yet another Graphviz version. The old application icon had been voted off the island, and brand new application and document icons flown in for the task. Comprehensive help features in this version too. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new: ------------ Added new application and document icons. Added comprehensive help. Fixed changes not affecting graph size displaying incorrectly [BTr]. Fixed export then close crashing the export of an open window. Improved shadowed frame for graph [NRi]. Improved status display [NRi]. Changed sources to pure BSD license. Cheers, Gl...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Hi all, It's been a busy week or two at Pixelglow Software. Here's a brand new version of Graphviz, all spit and polish now. You'll enjoy the integrated color and font panel support, hand cursor panning and remembered settings. And everyone's most asked for -- a single click on the Edit tool will now bring up the DOT code for you to edit, and of course when you save it the graph automatically re-renders. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/download/ Here's the lowdown: Added edit, render and stop toolbar items [PCh]. Added integrated font and color fields and panels. Adde...

Dear All: Them pesky bugs. A few more squashed courtesy of the sleepy pixel. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new in v11 ------------ Fixed some comprehensive help [NRi]. Fixed scale option placeholder [NRi]. Improved application and document icons. Example files now double-click to open in application. What's new in v12 ------------ Added layout option tooltips [NRi]. Fixed layout popup button changing wrong graph [MKe]. Clicking on warning icon now opens Activity window [NRi, AM]. Revert menu item now disabled. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brillian...

OS 10.3 & OS 9.2 printer network
I finally purchased an iMac G5 and am trying to use my older Epson Color Stylus 740 ink-jet printer hooked up to a Summer 2000 iMac G3/DV. Is it even possible to network? The printer is hooked up to the USB port on the G3. I've set it up for printer sharing but the G5 (wireless) doesn't see it. I can transfer files over the network router (Linksys) from one to the other; it's just the printing part I'm having trouble with. I have the printer and G3 turned on. Thanks for any help. Mike PS: Is it just me, or is Address Book way too difficult to use? Eudora seemed easier, but...

Installing OS X 10.2+ drivers on OS 10.1
A friend is running OS X 10.1.5 and for software compatibility is strongly disinclined to upgrade to 10.2 or 10.3 Her office acquired a Canon i6100. I installed the driver in Classic mode and after much difficulty (many hours) managed to install the drivers in 10.1 No for home use she has purchased a Canon i560 (on my recommendation - it's supposed to be Mac OS X compatible). Again, installing in classic mode was no problem. To date I have been unable to install the Canon i560 in OS 10.1.5 - the printer is recognised on the USB port but comes up as "unsupported." On reading t...

reinstall of OS 10.2
I'm reinstalling my operating systems. Does it matter whether I install OS X or 9.2.2 first? Is there a certain order that they should be installed in? Thanks. -- TLD TLD <TLD2@tld.tld.invalid> wrote: > I'm reinstalling my operating systems. Does it matter whether I install > OS X or 9.2.2 first? Is there a certain order that they should be > installed in? Thanks. It makes no difference. -- Mike Rosenberg <http://www.macconsult.com> Macintosh consulting services for NE Florida <http://bogart-tribute.net> Tribute to Humphrey Bogart ...

Migration of OS/2 1.30 to OS/2 2.0 or newer
Hi all, what is the chance to upgrade an OS/2 1.30-system with LAN manager (ethernet with plain NetBIOS), a C-written frontend and a Sybase-SQL-server 1.1 to a newer OS/2-version? The system is installed on a FAT-drive, print-jobs are created by the C-frontend for LaserJet-printers and send directly to the LPT-port or a shared LPT-port on a print-server and several OS/2 1.3-clients access the database also via the C-frontend. I would perfer using WarpServer 4 based on Warp 3, or even just Warp 3 Connect/Warp 4 (without LVM, JFS etc., so WSeB, ACP, MCP or eCS are not an option) the wh...

OS/2 Driver Programming : Network, wifi
Okay, I'm a bit ambitious. I need a driver for the IBM Wireless miniPCI card that comes with some T40/T41's. This is the Phillips chipset, not the PRISM one, so as far as I know, it doesn't exist nor is it coming anytime soon. Can someone point me in the right direction to get a start? - I assume I can download the datasheets from Phillips - I have the IBM PC-Card and T30 internal WiFi drivers (not the source) - I have the whole OS/2 DDK downloaded. I'm an electrical engineer, so I'll understand the jargon, and I'm quite comfy with low-level programming....

PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: PDF to EPS workarounds for Mac OS X Attention TeXy, TeXy
Attention TeXy, TeXy peoples: (excuse the mispronunciation; punny licence) It seems that Mac OS X has partially documented issues (http://altair.ific.uv.es/~JaxoDraw/Bugparade/bugparade.htm, http://developer.apple.com/java/faq/issues.html#anchor6) with the generation of EPS, and I'm trying to find a workaround. The Preview application cannot export to eps, but it can read it (converting it to PDF). If I use Adobe Acrobat to read the PDF generated by Preview, the EPS it generates sometimes (inconsistently) causes dvips to make an unreadable file. What I'm trying to do is the followi...

Mac os 9 Vs. Mac os X
I am porting some windows software to mac os 9. My client has only mac os 9. I would like to use the URLAccessLib for my development. I find no documentation of it on Apple websites as if mac os 9 has fallen off the earth for them. The apple site says One can develop on mac os x and it is backward compatible. What does this mean ? When I install my code on mac os 9 will I need all the mac os x libraries ? can someone throw somelight ? Thanks On 21 Nov 2003, dharmesh wrote: > I am porting some windows software to mac os 9. My client has only mac > os 9. I would like to use the URLAccessLib for my development. I find > no documentation of it on Apple websites as if mac os 9 has fallen off > the earth for them. Mac OS 8/9 documentation is at http://developer.apple.com/documentation/macos8/mac8.html (it's in the legacy documentation section) > > The apple site says One can develop on mac os x and it is backward > compatible. What does this mean ? When I install my code on mac os 9 > will I need all the mac os x libraries ? If your application is carbonised (ie you link against CarbonLib instead of InterfaceLib & co) then the same binary will run on OS X and OS 9 Fred I was trying to reference the CarbonLib from visual basic...I was succesful with Interacelib but couldn't access CarbonLib. I dont understand why. The system seems to have CarbonLib 1.4. Thanks for the reply Frederick Cheung <f...

Web resources about - IBM NULL MAC Driver - Loopback Interface under OS/2? - comp.os.os2.networking.misc

Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PayPal for iOS updated w/ completely new iPhone 6-optimized interface, much more
At long last PayPal has updated its iOS app with a completely redesigned interface that optimizes the experience for iPhone 6/iPhone 6s and 6 ...

Waze 4.0 unveiled with revamped user interface
... post, Waze has uploaded a video straight to YouTube to tell us what’s new. Basically, we are looking at a complete refresh to the user interface, ...

LibreOffice 5.1 reorganizes user interface, reduces start-up times
... 5.1 32-bit . It comes just under six months after version 5.0 debuted back in August yet unveils some major changes to the user interface as ...

ERP software gets modern data, mobile and social user interface
The user interface is one area where ERP software vendors are differentiating themselves, according to a Technology Evaluation Centers analyst. ...

ERP software gets modern data, mobile and social user interface
... tied to its mainframe-era roots. But in recent years, ERP vendors have tried mightily to overcome that reputation by modernizing the user interface, ...

Opera adds mute tab option and better download interface
Opera may be lagging behind the more popular browser choices today, but it hasn't given up on rewarding its loyal users with new features. Version ...

LibreOffice 5.1 Offers Reorganized User Interface for Its Apps
LibreOffice 5.1, the latest iteration of the open-source office suite, adds new user interface elements. We examine highlights of the release. ...

AMD is supposedly planning a 32-core CPU with an eight-channel DDR4 interface
AMD may be planning a new 32-core server CPU once Zen launches but whether that's a good thing or not depends on whether its an Intel bunker ...

Hints Of Apple's Futuristic iPhone Interface Revealed
The US Patent Office has released a batch of patents assigned to Apple, and one of them details a new way of identifying yourself and allowing ...