OT: SCOUG

This is a little off topic.  Does anyone know what's going on witn
SCOUG's website?  It's been down for the ast couple of days.
0
Peter_Flass
12/25/2008 1:51:06 AM
comp.os.os2.programmer.misc 1326 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 01:51:06 UTC, Peter_Flass@Yahoo.com wrote:

-> This is a little off topic.  Does anyone know what's going on witn
-> SCOUG's website?  It's been down for the ast couple of days.

The person hosting the server is in the process of moving to a new
place and had to take the server offline.  I was told the server was
being moved to someone else to host and should be back in a few days.

Mark

--
From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

 Warpstock 2008 - Santa Cruz, California: http://www.warpstock.org
 Warpstock Europe 2008 - D�sseldorf, Germany: http://www.warpstock.eu
0
Mark

OT - OT - OT
http://www.405themovie.com/Home.asp -- Cliff "Cliff" <Clhuprich@aol.com> wrote in message news:7jht919fodmtt9o6mdo11ac8rqlt6jf2ad@4ax.com... > http://www.405themovie.com/Home.asp > > -- > Cliff Interesting but not very realistic at all. Lane (Lane, check for pulse. Are you alive?) Good effects. I liked Grandma best, I think I've seen her driving in front of me a few times. "Lane" <lane (no spam) at copperaccents dot com> wrote in message news:uYSdnRj7gaIQ6gLfRVn-qA@comcast.com... > > "Cliff" <Clhuprich@aol.co...

OT
Number 1 most requested thing on Dell's "Idea Storm" page: http://www.dellideastorm.com/ bob z. would love to be in a position where he wasn't placing all of his CAD eggs in one OS basket. bob z. p.s. I'm living for givin the devil his due > wasn't placing all of his CAD eggs in one OS basket. Ditto. Maybe someday. "Linux and x64 are two of the technologies most requested by UGS customers." http://www10.mcadcafe.com/nbc/articles/view_weekly.php?articleid=260017 Product name would be: Solinux 3dunix Lincad Modelinux "bob zee" <bobze...

Programmers, Programmers, Programmers, ...
As Steve Balmer correctly stated, while making his monkey dance, it is applications and hence programmers that make a platform. The fact though is that if you want to do professional programming, then Linux is the platform for you. I know that this statement will get the heckels up on a lot of trolls in C.O.L.A, but I have a recent experience that proves this. I am currently working for a Windows only house producing a system that receives and transmits around 1000 telegrams per second in each direction on a UDP socket, translates them into a different format and creates a log entry for each ...

OT: FA: Advin device programmer, misc. parts
I'm selling off some of my misc. test equipment, microcontrollers I no longer use, and so on; this is the first wave of stuff. http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZlarwe74QQhtZ-1 ...

OT: OS/2 or OS/NOT-2
Wow-- I've been *trying* to play with OS/2 Warp 4, trying to get on the internet. I'm very familiar with Windows (of course) and Linux-- OS/2 on the other hand, that's a different story. Getting this thing on the internet has been a pain. It works, finally. :) Now-- I realize that I'm basically stuck in the DOS age when it comes to dealing with files, like one of the most rudementary types of files-- zip files!!! Is there not a Winzip/WinRar-like app for OS/2? Can someone lead me to the light? What stuff do I need to put on this thing before it's eve...

OT and OS and ...
http://bbspot.com/News/2003/01/os_quiz.php Real time karma - it turned out that I am OS/2 Warp :-) k More n-sense: Mac Airlines All the stewards, captains, baggage handlers, and ticket agents look and act exactly the same. Every time you ask questions about details, you are gently but firmly told that you don't need to know, don't want to know, and everything will be done for you without your ever having to know, so just shut up. Windows Airlines The terminal is pretty and colorful, with friendly stewards, easy baggage check and boarding, and a smooth take-off. A...

OS Programmers
Are there any C/C++/Assembler programmers here ? Because i'm looking for programmers who are interested in writing a new OS. I don't have a name for it yet. So if there are any suggestions for a name give it a shot Wolfbyte wrote: > Are there any C/C++/Assembler programmers here ? > Because i'm looking for programmers who are interested > in writing a new OS. I don't have a name for it yet. > So if there are any suggestions for a name give it a shot I'm a C and assembler programmer. Let me give you some advice. Unless you have a pretty good idea about how ...

OT: Misc.
1. Have you seen this rather interesting website? www.answers.com <http://www.answers.com> . 2. Are there better PC-based tools beyond MS Outlook for organizing, printing, and managing one's address book? What do you use? TIA, Jules Bosch ********************************************************************* This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying, use or distribution of the information included in this message is prohibited -- Please immediately and permanently delete. ...

OT ...Very OT
Ok, this is very off topic, but I've become accustomed to seeking reassurance from fellow Lightwavers over my purchases so here goes. I going to sign on the dotted line for a new..........Land Rover Discovery TDV6 SE....wadda think.....good Idea?....spec choices?....Image?....etc...Any family men here that have been through this BIG purchase nerve racker...? It's got to move a family of 5 everywhere. Thanks for your wisdom "BOXA" <dustbin@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:crsaj4$ke2$1@titan.btinternet.com... | Ok, this is very off topic, but I've become ...

RE: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other
> -----Original Message----- > From: JF Mezei [mailto:jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com]=20 > Sent: October 11, 2004 11:45 PM > To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com > Subject: Re: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions=20 > VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS')=20 > other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other=20 > OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other=20 >=20 > "Main, Kerry" wrote: > > Course, there are many ways to offer differen...

RE: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS')
> -----Original Message----- > From: Soterro [mailto:soterroatyahoocom@address.hp.com]=20 > Sent: October 11, 2004 9:43 AM > To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com > Subject: Re: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions=20 > VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS')=20 > other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') >=20 > Main, Kerry wrote: > >>From: John Smith [mailto:a@nonymous.com]=20 > >>You aren't directly to blame for this and I know you'd like=20 > >>to keep your > &...

[OT] Syllable OS?
Does anyone here use Syllable as a desktop OS? Is it good? begin On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 06:23:32 -0700, * * * Y o u r . S h e p h e r d . A q u i l a . D e u s . ( d 2 0 0 5 x x , d 2 0 0 4 x x , d 2 0 0 3 x x , d 2 0 0 2 x x ) * * * wrote: > Does anyone here use Syllable as a desktop OS? Is it good? Up until 30 seconds ago, when I saw your post, I had never heard of Syllable. I thought first you were just trolling some bullshit, but I did a google and found that indeed, and operating system called Syllable does in fact exist. However, It does look again like one...

[OT] for italian programmers
Salve, sto considerando l'opportunita' di creare un newsgroup della gerarchia it sul Cobol. Se ci fosse qualcuno interessato, ne potremmo discutere su it.comp.lang, tanto per capire se vale la pena di continuare in questo progetto, oppure rinunciarvi. Se inviate dei nuovi messaggi su it.comp.lang, indicate il tag [Cobol] nell'Oggetto. Ciao. pF pF <pas.fuscoLEVA@tin.it> wrote: > Se ci fosse qualcuno interessato, ne potremmo discutere su it.comp.lang, > tanto per capire se vale la pena di continuare in questo progetto, oppure > rinunciarvi. Io programmo in Cobol d...

OT: Any MM programmers out there?
MRG is currently searching for a senior programmer/analyst. Individual must have at least 5 years of HP3000 and Cobol experience. Recent experience with MM is a must. This position is a contract position with the potential to be hired as a full-time employee. Initial assignment is about six months. Contracting rate is competitive. Potential full time salary is in the 70K range. The location is the Midwest. If you are qualified and interested, please contact Jon Culotta at 203.230.1088 or via email off-line. I would be happy to fill you in on all the details. Jon Culotta MR...

Web resources about - OT: SCOUG - comp.os.os2.programmer.misc

Welcome to SCOUG
SCOUG: Membership Form Email Lists SIGs ( Internet , General Interest , Programming , Network , more.. ) Business Past Presentations Credits ...

OS2World.com Wiki
Main Page From OS2World.com Wiki Jump to: navigation , search OS/2 - eCS Wiki Pages Welcome to the OS2World.com Wiki pages! We are seeking to ...

UnixWare Frequently Asked Questions (General)
UnixWare Frequently Asked Questions (General)

Oracle Users Group Groups Morgan's Library Page Footer
Listing of active Oracle user groups world-wide

Player's View
Player's View

1st Annual OS2World Awards!
Home Forum Wiki Chat Gallery Links Main Menu Home Services Past Activities Past News Bounty System FAQ Polls Sponsors Contact us About Us Login ...

SCOUG Membership Form
THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA OS/2 USER GROUP Membership Application ( ) New Member ( ) Renewal ( ) Information Change Please print clearly. Required ...

Search the SCOUG Web Pages
What are you looking for? You can search the entire SCOUG web site or just the newsletter articles.

Download! - September 2002
... OS/2 applications and related files. SciTech has released SNAP Graphics for OS/2 2.0 as of 08/23/2002. Thiswas mentioned at the June 2002 SCOUG ...

Netscape - A Quick Look
Netscape 4.61 may still be the best all around browser for OS/2 users. SCOUG: Home Membership Form Email Lists SIGs ( Internet , General ...