Tcl/Tk

Hi, everyone.

I'm learning Tcl/Tk (pretty fun to use and easy too) for some small
projects I want to create.  I haven't yet tried it under OS/2-has
anyone else used the OS/2 port and if so, how did you like it?

I know a silly question, but I'm wanting to write some small programs
for use with my BBS.

Thanks,
Sean

--
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."
Sean Dennis * hausmaus@darktech.org * http://outpostbbs.net

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:12:39 GMT, Sean Dennis <hausmaus@darktech.org> wrote:
> Hi, everyone.
>
> I'm learning Tcl/Tk (pretty fun to use and easy too) for some small
> projects I want to create.  I haven't yet tried it under OS/2-has
> anyone else used the OS/2 port and if so, how did you like it?
>
> I know a silly question, but I'm wanting to write some small programs
> for use with my BBS.

There is a port of a reasonably recent version (8.3.5, the latest being
8.4.11) on hobbes. I didn't test it much - I generally only use Tcl for
little utility scripts.

I've no idea how easy it'd be to build from source - probably rather
difficult, as Tcl 8.4 added a largefile support IIRC.

A bientot
Paul
--
Paul Floyd                 http://paulf.free.fr (for what it's worth)
Surgery: ennobled Gerald.

Using Tcl::Tk Module with Tcl/Tk 8.5
Not sure if this is the right place for this question, as it is with relation to the Tcl::Tk module, rather than Perl/Tk specifically. I'd like to use Tcl::Tk with Tcl/Tk 8.5 rather than 8.4. To that end, on a clean Debian Testing system I have installed only Tcl/Tk 8.5 and also finally managed to install the Tcl::Tk module. I was having problems installing the Tcl-0.95 module, which Tcl::Tk depends on, but fixed it with a specific include path call: >sudo perl Makefile.PL --tclsh /usr/bin/tclsh8.5 --tclconfig /usr/lib/tcl8.5/tclConfig.sh --include /usr/include/tcl8.5 Fo...

Introducing Tcl/Tk to a programmer
I have a programmer friend who recently asked me recommend a language for him to learn. He wants a utility language which he can use to write small tools and applications, preferably with a GUI and to run on Windows. "Sure," I said, "Perl! No - wait! Tcl!" I've been using Tcl for 10 years or more but I've never had to describe why it's so much better than Perl et al from a scripting point of view. (I can describe embedability, extensability, etc.) I kind of "know" the beauty of the language is it's dynamic nature, but how do you get that across to...

Tcl/Tk on Mac OS X
I hope this isn't too vague a question, but I wonder if anyone can explain to me why it is that some Tcl/Tk programs don't run properly under Mac OS X. That is, I know that Tcl/Tk in principle works just fine on Macs, from people I know who use Macs and from the wiki. I just wrote a program that runs fine on my GNU/Linux system with Tcl/Tk 8.4. I sent it to a friend with a Mac. He reports that he sees "several pastel-colored rectangles" (presumably parts of windows) and then it just hangs. As far as I can see, the program doesn't do anything likely to create portability ...

Experienced Tcl/Tk Programmer Required
Must reside in or around the Atlanta area. Contact for more details. Contact Information: Dr Alex Van der Velden Engineering Director velden@engineous.com Please do not reply to this email! ...

Tcl/Tk for programmers (J Adrian Zimmer)
Could anybody provide me with 23 and 24th parts of that book, I'll be very greatfull. As far as I am aware, the author has never legally released the book electronically. So until he does, any traffic on this newsgroup related to electronic copies would be inappropriate. I understand. It's not available in any internet book shop that are known to me in my country. And i haven't seen it in paper too in my town. Thank you. Sorry for openning such illegal theme:) You could, of course, contact the author, describe your situation, and see if he would be willing to make some sort ...

Tcl/Tk on Mac OS X: LoadError
Hello. I have a problem with Tcl/Tk in OS X, each time i try requiring tk, i get this: irb(main):001:0> require 'tk' LoadError: no such file to load -- tk from (irb):1:in `require' from (irb):1 irb(main):002:0> I am positive that I have Tcl/Tk installed - i've installed the binary from ActiveState and I've tried compiling Ruby 1.8.6 myself and I've tried installing it with MacPorts, but nonetheless it doesn't work. I've tried ./configure with --enable-mac-tcltk-framework but it seems that nothing works. I've also tried tclsh and wis...

Mac OS X & tcl/tk...
Hi all, I am just wondering if anyone knows of or has compiled tk for Mac OS X the 'unix' way ie: not the tcl/tk Aqua and can help with compilling tk. As a side note, i have managed to get tcl installed, got some errors while running make test, but it 'seems' to ok so far. The error message that I'm getting while trying to compile is: pp-precomp: warning: errors during smart preprocessing, retrying in basic mode <built-in>:1:1: no macro name given in #define directive make: *** [tk3d.o] Error 1 Thanking you in advance. Shannon Shannon, In article <96e8bbb0.0...

Appearance of Tcl/Tk Widget in Solaris OS
We have created windows and frames using Tcl/Tk Widgets. Let me share my problem: When we run our program in Linux OS, the windows appeared nicely according to the size that we have set that will fit to the widgets inside. But when we run the same program in Solaris OS, windows appeared with undesirable size that does not fit to the widgets inside. Is there any difference in the setup of LinuxOS and Solaris OS that affects the appearance of Tk Widgets? Hope someone could help me. Thanks and God bless! ecnedad wrote: > We have created windows and frames using Tcl/Tk Widgets. > >...

Programmers, Programmers, Programmers, ...
As Steve Balmer correctly stated, while making his monkey dance, it is applications and hence programmers that make a platform. The fact though is that if you want to do professional programming, then Linux is the platform for you. I know that this statement will get the heckels up on a lot of trolls in C.O.L.A, but I have a recent experience that proves this. I am currently working for a Windows only house producing a system that receives and transmits around 1000 telegrams per second in each direction on a UDP socket, translates them into a different format and creates a log entry for each ...

Tcl/Tk Scripting Programmer Required for NewViews
I am a semi-retired business consultant. Over the last 20 years I have written and supported many procedures for the accounting program "NewViews" by Q.W. Page in Toronto. The original NewViews was a single-user, DOS based application and incorporated its own interpretative procedure language which is very similar to BASIC. The new version is a multi-user, platform independent application and no longer supports the original NewViews Procedure Language. It uses Tcl/Tk scripting. My clients are anxious to upgrade to the new program. All the procedures I have written will n...

emulation of users activities for TCL/TK programm
Hello ALL, Could you suggest us how to solve this task: emulate users commands (mouse clicks on buttons, menus etc) for TCL/TK programms on Win32-platform. We've tryed to send API-messages like SendMessage( hWND_BTN, BM_CLICK, 0L, 0L ) to buttons of our tcl/tk application (we've found hWND pointers to buttons) but it doesn't answer. Thank you in advance! -- Best regards, Gleb dispath [at] rambler [dot] ru Hello Gleb, >emulate users commands (mouse clicks on buttons, >menus etc) for TCL/TK programms on Win32-platform. >We've tryed to send API-me...

Looking for a Programmers Guide for Tcl Tk Libraries
I've been using Tcl/Tk for a while both as a scripting language, and embedded in C++. However, my experience using calling the Tcl/Tk library C functions has been largely a frustrating trial of trial and error. The man pages (e.g. http://www.tcl.tk/man/tcl8.4/TkLib/contents.htm) are all very well, if you know what function you're looking for, but I can't find anywhere where the developers of the libraries have written down how they recommend they be used. For example, the man page for Tk_GeometryRequest says: "Widget code should never call procedures like Tk_ResizeWindow dir...

A Tcl/Tk programmer learns Python--any advice?

Tcl/Tk problems on Mac OS X
The program I asked about is rather long, but here is a stripped down version consisting of just the GUI. Under GNU/Linux it creates the non-popup windows, and sets up the menus. With the exception of "Quit", the commands have been removed. My friend with the Mac says that when he tries to run it it fails in exactly the same way as the full program, that is, he sees some pastel-colored rectangles and then it hangs. encoding system utf-8 package require msgcat proc _ {s} {return [::msgcat::mc $s]}; # Define shorthand for gettext # Use a virtual event for the right mouse button and ...

Web resources about - Tcl/Tk - comp.os.os2.programmer.misc

Tcl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is missing information about Tcl procedures, procedure calls, and conditional statements . Please expand the article to include ...

Kyocera TCL Solar Inaugurates Floating Mega Solar Power Plants in Hyogo Prefecture, Japan - YouTube
Kyocera Corporation and Century Tokyo Leasing Corporation announced today that Kyocera TCL Solar LLC, a joint venture established by the two ...

Hands on: Ultra HD TCL 65-inch television
Is it worth paying for extra pixels when you can't put them to good use?

Hands on: Ultra HD TCL 65-inch television
Is it worth paying for extra pixels when you can't put them to good use?

Iron Man Joins TCL To Challenge Apple iPhone: China, Chinese Market
To take on Apple and Samsung in the global smartphone market, China's TCL is enlisting a strong ally: Iron Man.

正反之间心随由你 TCL idol3真机图赏
... 注册 首页 - 资讯中心 评测 导购 行情 - 手机大全 品牌 排行 - 应用之家 主题 壁纸 铃声 - 美人心机 唯丽是图 专题汇总 - 论坛 求助 活动 图赏频道 搜索 图赏首页 手机图赏 平板图赏 美人心机 手机之家 > 资讯中心 > 图赏频道 > 正反之间心随由你 TCL ...

Rumors State That TCL Could Be Looking To Buy Or Invest In HTC
You might not have heard of TCL. They’re the twenty fifth largest electronics manufacturer in the world, the third largest television manufacturer, ...

TCL Communications, SunPartner Testing Technology That Could Draw Solar Power Via A Smartphone's Screen ...
Smartphones are awesome, but with a few notable exceptions, it seems their awesomeness is inversely correlated with their battery life. The more ...

1070:Hong Kong Stock Quote - TCL Multimedia Technology Holdings Ltd - Bloomberg
Stock analysis for TCL Multimedia Technology Holdings Ltd (1070:Hong Kong) including stock price, stock chart, company news, key statistics, ...

Cisco, TCL joint venture to focus on cloud in China
Cisco, TCL joint venture to focus on cloud in China Business Cloud News Networking incumbent Cisco is to set up a joint venture company with ...