Tcl

Hello all.

I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2 v8.35
Is there any newer port, cause i try to update the eggdrop and that
says:

Your Tcl version is much too old for Eggdrop to use. You should
download and compile a more recent version. The most reliable
current version is 8.5.X and can be downloaded from
ftp://tcl.activestate.com/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/.

--
With the best regards from the Netherlands,
0

Tu, "Tellerbop" <Tellerbop@wint.nl>, hai scritto questo in data Wed,
14 Jan 2009 19:11:18 UTC:

> Hello all.
>
> I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2 v8.35
> Is there any newer port, cause i try to update the eggdrop and that
> says:
>
> Your Tcl version is much too old for Eggdrop to use. You should
> download and compile a more recent version. The most reliable
> current version is 8.5.X and can be downloaded from
> ftp://tcl.activestate.com/pub/tcl/tcl8_5/.

As for now there is no newer version for OS/2. I tried Tcl 8.35 too
but the project I tried to port used some windows-related DLL and did
not succeed in porting - gave up due to lack of personal interest.

It should not be so hard to port tcl 8.5 on eCS, though. Let me see...
(if I have some spare time)

--
Mentore Siesto
eComStation Developer Team

That would be great!!
Hope you found some spare time, and do this tcl port :P

--
With the best regards from the Netherlands,
0
Tellerbop
1/14/2009 10:34:38 PM
Hi Tellie,

IIRC v8.3.x is included in my build env.  At one stage I had 8.4.x
compiling, but there were some issues to to funky path handling stuff
to handle drive letters, which I never quite got working correctly and
lost interest as at the time, 8.3 was sufficient for eggdrop :)

If Mentore has no success, I can look at this at some point in the
future.

Cheers,

Paul.

--
Cheers,

Paul.
0
Paul
1/15/2009 8:23:00 AM
On 15 Gen, 09:23, "Paul Smedley" <pauldes...@despamsmedley.id.au>
wrote:
> Hi Tellie,
>
> IIRC v8.3.x is included in my build env. =A0At one stage I had 8.4.x
> compiling, but there were some issues to to funky path handling stuff
> to handle drive letters, which I never quite got working correctly and
> lost interest as at the time, 8.3 was sufficient for eggdrop :)
>
> If Mentore has no success, I can look at this at some point in the
> future.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Paul.

Well Paul,
if you didn't succeed I think I won't be luckier than you... But who
can tell.

I personally would prefer you to achieve some other results with
uniaud :-)

(still not working with my nVidia M2NPV-VM motherboard, and this is
the only thing I miss...)

So many things to do and so little time!

Mentore
0
Mentore
1/15/2009 8:53:30 AM
Hi Mentore,

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 08:53:30 UTC, Mentore <mentore.siesto@libero.it>
wrote:

> On 15 Gen, 09:23, "Paul Smedley" <pauldes...@despamsmedley.id.au>
> wrote:
> > Hi Tellie,
> >
> > IIRC v8.3.x is included in my build env. ´┐ŻAt one stage I had 8.4.x
> > compiling, but there were some issues to to funky path handling stuff
> > to handle drive letters, which I never quite got working correctly and
> > lost interest as at the time, 8.3 was sufficient for eggdrop :)
> >
> > If Mentore has no success, I can look at this at some point in the
> > future.
> >

> Well Paul,
> if you didn't succeed I think I won't be luckier than you... But who
> can tell.
Well it's been about 3 years since I looked at TCL - I'm a lot more
experienced now than I was then :) So it may not actually be that
difficult :)

> I personally would prefer you to achieve some other results with
> uniaud :-)
>
> (still not working with my nVidia M2NPV-VM motherboard, and this is
> the only thing I miss...)
Well someday I'll get to looking at Uniaud again - particularly now
that Seamonkey is building with GCC 4.3.2 finally :)

> So many things to do and so little time!
I couldn't have said it better myself!!!

--
Cheers,

Paul.
0
Paul
1/16/2009 8:40:33 AM
Tu, "Paul Smedley" <pauldespam@despamsmedley.id.au>, hai scritto
questo in data Fri, 16 Jan 2009 08:40:33 UTC:

> Hi Mentore,
>
> On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 08:53:30 UTC, Mentore <mentore.siesto@libero.it>
> wrote:
>
> > On 15 Gen, 09:23, "Paul Smedley" <pauldes...@despamsmedley.id.au>
> > wrote:
> > > Hi Tellie,
> > >
> > > IIRC v8.3.x is included in my build env.  At one stage I had 8.4.x
> > > compiling, but there were some issues to to funky path handling stuff
> > > to handle drive letters, which I never quite got working correctly and
> > > lost interest as at the time, 8.3 was sufficient for eggdrop :)
> > >
> > > If Mentore has no success, I can look at this at some point in the
> > > future.
> > >

> > Well Paul,
> > if you didn't succeed I think I won't be luckier than you... But who
> > can tell.

> Well it's been about 3 years since I looked at TCL - I'm a lot more
> experienced now than I was then :) So it may not actually be that
> difficult :)

I surely hope so! In the next weekend I will be a little busy, so for
now it's impossible to try some other ports for OS/2.

> > I personally would prefer you to achieve some other results with
> > uniaud :-)
> >
> > (still not working with my nVidia M2NPV-VM motherboard, and this is
> > the only thing I miss...)

> Well someday I'll get to looking at Uniaud again - particularly now
> that Seamonkey is building with GCC 4.3.2 finally :)

Great news!
I surely will look forward for a newer release. Uniaud 1.9.11 locks
hard the machine in some occasions (didn't track its behavior: using
multimedia apps there seems to be no sound but the machine still
works, I tried to read a movie from youtube and bang!, hard crash).
Got to back to 1.9.10, which won't produce sound at all but doesn't
trash the system.

> > So many things to do and so little time!
> I couldn't have said it better myself!!!

LOL :-)

--
Mentore Siesto
eComStation Developer Team
0
Mentore
1/16/2009 9:32:12 PM
Paul Smedley wrote:
> Hi Mentore,

>> So many things to do and so little time!
> I couldn't have said it better myself!!!

:-)

IBM

0
Blacklisted
1/19/2009 1:29:30 PM
On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:11:18 UTC, "Tellerbop" wrote:

> I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2 v8.35
> Is there any newer port, cause i try to update the eggdrop and that
> says:

It's not a full port and I know that it has quite a few bugs but I have
a version of Tcl 8.5.0 on my disk that I use to run the SQLite test
suite. It was created with the help of Andrew McIntyre by using the
FreeBSD configuration, adapting it a bit by hand, and compiling with
that. I remember that over time found that I needed to change a few
files, but currently I don't remember the details any more. You have to
link it in statically with GCC, as the library itself is are "ar"
library collections (with .a extension).

It could be that it is so tied to paths on my system that it is
unusable, but if you want to give it a try, it's at
<http://temp.weilbacher.org/tcl8.5.0-os2.zip>.
--
Greetings,  | My From: address is valid as is the version without "spam"
   Peter.   |     I try to find real messages among the spam once a week

0
Peter
1/19/2009 9:22:57 PM
On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 21:22:57 UTC, "Peter Weilbacher"
<newsspam@weilbacher.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:11:18 UTC, "Tellerbop" wrote:
>
> > I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2 v8.35
> > Is there any newer port, cause i try to update the eggdrop and that
> > says:
>
> It's not a full port and I know that it has quite a few bugs but I have
> a version of Tcl 8.5.0 on my disk that I use to run the SQLite test
> suite. It was created with the help of Andrew McIntyre by using the
> FreeBSD configuration, adapting it a bit by hand, and compiling with
> that. I remember that over time found that I needed to change a few
> files, but currently I don't remember the details any more. You have to
> link it in statically with GCC, as the library itself is are "ar"
> library collections (with .a extension).
>
> It could be that it is so tied to paths on my system that it is
> unusable, but if you want to give it a try, it's at
> <http://temp.weilbacher.org/tcl8.5.0-os2.zip>.

Hello Peter,

Thankz for this gonna try later :)
--
With the best regards from the Netherlands,
0
Tellerbop
1/19/2009 10:00:08 PM
On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 22:00:08 UTC, "Tellerbop" <Tellerbop@wint.nl>
wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 21:22:57 UTC, "Peter Weilbacher"
> <newsspam@weilbacher.org> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:11:18 UTC, "Tellerbop" wrote:
> >
> > > I found on hobbes the afaik latest Tcl for Os/2 v8.35
> > > Is there any newer port, cause i try to update the eggdrop and that
> > > says:
> >
> > It's not a full port and I know that it has quite a few bugs but I have
> > a version of Tcl 8.5.0 on my disk that I use to run the SQLite test
> > suite. It was created with the help of Andrew McIntyre by using the
> > FreeBSD configuration, adapting it a bit by hand, and compiling with
> > that. I remember that over time found that I needed to change a few
> > files, but currently I don't remember the details any more. You have to
> > link it in statically with GCC, as the library itself is are "ar"
> > library collections (with .a extension).
> >
> > It could be that it is so tied to paths on my system that it is
> > unusable, but if you want to give it a try, it's at
> > <http://temp.weilbacher.org/tcl8.5.0-os2.zip>.
>
> Hello Peter,
>
> Thankz for this gonna try later :)
Hi Peter,

It works :P
checking for Tcl library... using u:/usr/tcl8.5.0/lib85.a
checking for Tcl header... using u:/usr/tcl8.5.0/generic/tcl.h
checking whether the Tcl system has changed... yes
checking for Tcl version... 8.5
checking for Tcl patch level... 8.5.0
checking for Tcl_Free... no
checking for Tcl_Free in -l85... no
checking for TclpFinalizeThreadData... no
checking for TclpFinalizeThreadData in -l85... no

Thankz a heap :-)