Enhanced OS-9 for PowerPC 4.5 released

Here's a press release making the rounds, concerning OS-9 v4.5 for
PowerPC:

    NUREMBURG, Germany, Feb. 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Today at
Embedded
World, RadiSys Corp. (Nasdaq: RSYS) announced the latest OS-9 PowerPC
release,
the first Real-Time Operating System (RTOS) solution to specifically
address
the needs of designers needing higher performance and lower power
consumption
from their PowerPC-based embedded designs.
    The OS-9 PowerPC release is highly optimized for PowerPC
architecture,
enabling extremely fast event creation while reducing CPU power
utilization by
up to 70 percent. Memory Management Unit (MMU) usage is also optimized
minimize Translation Lookaside Buffer (TLB) overhead while ensuring
protection
against application faults.
    "I'm excited about the 4.5 release of Microware OS-9 for the
PowerPC,"
said Allan Batteiger, President of Real-Time Services, Inc.  "I rely on
OS-9
because I need an RTOS with accuracy and response times in the tens of
microseconds, which Linux can't provide."
    "This most recent Microware OS-9 release reflects our ongoing
commitment
to provide embedded software solutions for our customers," said Scott
Grout,
RadiSys president and CEO. "OS-9 has proven itself in tens of thousands
of
applications worldwide."

    About RadiSys Microware OS-9
    Microware OS-9 is the high-performance, high-reliability RTOS
solution
from RadiSys for embedded real-time applications in automotive,
industrial
automation, medical, communications, aerospace and defense. Targeted
towards
the needs of designers who require a small, fast and highly-reliable
RTOS,
Microware OS-9 continues to excel in applications where Linux and
Windows-
based solutions are too big, too slow and too complex. OS-9 supports
all
popular 32-bit processors, including PowerPC, MIPS, ARM, Intel
XScale/IXP/x86,
Motorola 68000 and the Hitachi SuperH family. OS-9's modular design
environment enables designers to create easily maintainable solutions
and was
ranked as the #1 RTOS solution by the Canadian Space Agency
( http://www.radisys.com/OS-9Solution.pdf ).

    Product Pricing and Availability
    Microware OS-9 for PowerPC is available immediately. Microware OS-9
is
available in volume quantities at OEM discount pricing. For more
information
or a free evaluation copy, please contact RadiSys at 800-950-0044 or
email at
info@radisys.com.

    About RadiSys
    RadiSys is the leading provider of advanced embedded solutions for
the
communications networking and commercial systems markets. Through
intimate
customer collaboration, and combining innovative technologies and
industry
leading architecture, RadiSys helps OEMs bring better products to
market
faster and more economically. RadiSys products include embedded boards,
platforms and systems, which are used in today's complex computing,
processing
and network intensive applications.

    NOTE:  RadiSys and Microware OS-9 are registered trademarks and
Procelerant is a trademark of RadiSys Corporation. All other names
mentioned
are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their
respective
companies.

    For more information, contact RadiSys at info@radisys.com or
http://www.radisys.com or call 800-950-0044 or 503-615-1100.

0
OS
2/14/2006 8:31:07 PM
comp.os.os9 398 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow