[9fans] con(1): no longer starts in raw mode?

Is it just me, or has there been a recent change in con(1) that causes
it to start in cooked keyboard mode (seems to wait for Enter before
accepting a ^\, for instance)?

Looking at the source for cmd/con.c, I can't see where "raw" may be
initialised to 1 on entry and, to the best of my knowledge, there
isn't an obvious way to set it, the -C option actually clears it.

Feel free to adjust any misunderstanding on my part.

++L

0
lucio
9/2/2013 6:18:37 AM
comp.os.plan9 9252 articles. 1 followers. quanstro (3876) is leader. Post Follow

Who can help us getting SciLab started? Console Error Messages when attempting to start scilab-5.1.1 on Mac OS X 10.6.1
These are the Console Error Messages when attempting to start scilab-5.1.1 on Mac OS X 10.6.1 by double clicking the icon. Who can help us getting SciLab started? ZK 11/8/09 1:59:06 AM [0x0-0xd60d6].org.scilab.modules.jvm.Scilab[2494] dyld: Symbol not found: __ZNSo9_M_insertIlEERSoT_ 11/8/09 1:59:06 AM [0x0-0xd60d6].org.scilab.modules.jvm.Scilab[2494] Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/LaunchServices 11/8/09 1:59:06 AM [0x0-0xd60d6].org.scilab.modules.jvm.Scilab[2494] Expected i...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.13 (v13) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Dear All, I've just released the newest version of Mac Graphviz, featuring shapefile support and enhanced zoom. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ Shapefiles supported include PDF, EPS, PS, JPEG, PNG and all Quicktime formats. Either specify an absolute or relative (to working directory) file path, or a URL using the shapefile attribute. Developers can now also use the graphviz.framework directly with #include headers in C e.g. using Xcode "Add Frameworks..."; documentation is available from the main Graphviz site -- http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/libguide.pdf...

Dear All: Them pesky bugs. A few more squashed courtesy of the sleepy pixel. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new in v11 ------------ Fixed some comprehensive help [NRi]. Fixed scale option placeholder [NRi]. Improved application and document icons. Example files now double-click to open in application. What's new in v12 ------------ Added layout option tooltips [NRi]. Fixed layout popup button changing wrong graph [MKe]. Clicking on warning icon now opens Activity window [NRi, AM]. Revert menu item now disabled. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brillian...

Hi all, Yet another Graphviz version. The old application icon had been voted off the island, and brand new application and document icons flown in for the task. Comprehensive help features in this version too. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new: ------------ Added new application and document icons. Added comprehensive help. Fixed changes not affecting graph size displaying incorrectly [BTr]. Fixed export then close crashing the export of an open window. Improved shadowed frame for graph [NRi]. Improved status display [NRi]. Changed sources to pure BSD license. Cheers, Gl...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Hi all, It's been a busy week or two at Pixelglow Software. Here's a brand new version of Graphviz, all spit and polish now. You'll enjoy the integrated color and font panel support, hand cursor panning and remembered settings. And everyone's most asked for -- a single click on the Edit tool will now bring up the DOT code for you to edit, and of course when you save it the graph automatically re-renders. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/download/ Here's the lowdown: Added edit, render and stop toolbar items [PCh]. Added integrated font and color fields and panels. Adde...

FLAC 1.1.1 on OS/2
Did anybody succeed in building a correctly working FLAC on OS/2? The distribution page claims that OS/2 build is supported, but actually it is not even close to be supported... Fixing "obvious flaws", I can make the test scripts run, but they show subtle (?) corruption of the sound. Typical errors are like simple iterator on writable file creating APPLICATION block creating PADDING block is writable = 1 [S]VP try to write over STREAMINFO block... FLAC__metadata_simple_iterator_set_block() returned false like it should [S]VP next...

1 - 1, 1 -1, 1-1, 1
Hi, I have a question regarding lexical analysis. I recently came across a bug in our lexical analyser in phc (www.phpcompiler.org), that I am unsure how to solve. This is the problem: our current definition for integer constant looks something like INT ([1-9][0-9]*)|0 In particular, note that it does not allow for an (optional) "+" or "-" at the start of the integer. This means that the strings "1 - 1", "1 -1" and "1-1" all generate the same sequence of three tokens INT(1), OP(-), INT(1), for which the syntax analyser generates the subtree BIN_OP(-, 1, 1). For the string "1 - -1", the lexer (unsurprisingly) generates INT(1), OP(-), OP(-), INT(1). The syntax analyser recognises this as BIN_OP(1, UNARY_OP(-, 1)). In other words, the second "-" is treated as a unary operator, rather than as part of the number. This works fine, with the sole exception of the number "-2147483648". The problem is, of course, overflow: -2147483648 is a valid negative number (assuming 32-bit numbers), but the integer 2147483648 is _not_ a valid positive number. Thus, the above method of dealing with "-" as a unary operator breaks down. The solution is to interpret the "-" as part of the number, and generate INT(-2147483648), rather than OP(-), INT(...). However, changing the definition of INT to INT [+-]?([1-9][0-9]*)|0 causes "1-1" to be recognised as INT(1), INT(-1), which is...

1.1.1.1 ?
hi my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid IP? and what is port 9999?? thanks mike wrote: > hi > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > IP? and what is port 9999?? > thanks These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port 9999 -- S.S. "StarScripter" <Star@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<bv8ejj$p54t3$1@ID-185702.new...

Problem con ERRORSYS con xharbour 1.2.1
hello, I upgraded from xHarbour 1.0 to 1.2.1 and I detect a difference: when an er= ror occurs in the application, sometimes the program hangs after DefError r= outine just after executing the command QUIT catch at the end of the routin= e, error message appears because Windows detects the event APPCRASH. This does not always happen, sometimes it works correctly and after the Def= error routine handle the error and execute de QUIT command, the application= closes normally. Can you think why could this happen? thanks Hi Are you using an costum errorsys.prg on your app?. their is many changes fr= om 1.0 to 1.2 errorsys.prg Regards Luiz Em domingo, 4 de novembro de 2012 20h23min19s UTC-2, jmar escreveu: > hello, >=20 >=20 >=20 > I upgraded from xHarbour 1.0 to 1.2.1 and I detect a difference: when an = error occurs in the application, sometimes the program hangs after DefError= routine just after executing the command QUIT catch at the end of the rout= ine, error message appears because Windows detects the event APPCRASH. >=20 >=20 >=20 > This does not always happen, sometimes it works correctly and after the D= eferror routine handle the error and execute de QUIT command, the applicati= on closes normally. >=20 >=20 >=20 > Can you think why could this happen? >=20 >=20 >=20 > thanks Yes, I use my routine errorsys (I already have reviewed with version 1.2.1)= , but if I...

[9fans] Plan9 as an everyday OS
--0016364273773c02e8046e5c23bf Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi all, I've just installed (with few difficulties, I must admit) a fresh Plan9 on my Dell Inspiron laptop. I played with it and I'd really like to study it and get used to it. Ideally, I would like to make it my "everyday OS", to do all the nice stuff you can do with a computer (a part from work and study), like browsing the web, watching movies and so on... Is anyone using it for such things? Is there, for example, a decent browser for Plan9 (I haven't found any)...

[9fans] dvips(1) for Plan9: done
Hello, With some delay, as usual, the work is done and now dvips(1) is up and running in kerTeX 0.8.0.0. As an "advertising" feature, I have put on the site a (poor resolution) jpeg conversion of Tomas Rokicki test page (generated on Plan9 so it works...) just to give you the incentive to look. Next step (and last for first complete release) will be MetaPost. Here is an extract of the README file to give you a taste of the work and modifications. But mind you, it is called README, and I really mean it ;-) ----------8< KerTeX dvips(1) is a modified version. S...

plot 1, -1, 1, -1, -1
Hi, How to plot those numbers in a rectangle style? thanks x = linspace(-4*pi,4*pi,1000); y = sin(x); plot(x,sign(y)), axis([-12 12 -2 2]) PZ <patrick.zou@gmail.com> wrote in message <d64c545f-f2ac-4f87-af89-051bda896707@x6g2000vbg.googlegroups.com>... > Hi, > > How to plot those numbers in a rectangle style? > > thanks help stairs stairs([-1 1 -1 1 -1 1]) hth Jos ...

OpenOffice 1.1.1 Tech Preview on Panther: Does not start
Just downloaded OpenOffice 1.1.1 Tech Preview on Panther. It did install ok as far as I can tell, but starting either Begin_OOorg or OOo_Admin starts X11, also Writer shows up quickly, but then dies (nothing to be seen in as a process in Activity Monitor afterwards, neither from X11 nor OpenOffice.) While I expect the occasional quirk in the Technology Preview, I did not expect to see nothing. Anyone else experienced this, or has a remedy? This is on a plain vanilla PB 17" 1.33 GHz, OS 10.3.3, Apple X11, previous OpenOffice Installation 1.0.3 removed by its uninstaller before insta...

PL/1 Version 1.1 and z/OS support
Hi guys, Can anyone tell me please if z/OS version 1.7 still supports PL/1 ver 1.1? Thanks, Ron. ronsho.shoshani@gmail.com wrote: > Hi guys, > > Can anyone tell me please if z/OS version 1.7 still supports PL/1 ver > 1.1? > I would expect it would probably *run*, baring LE incompatibalities (score one for static libraries). Hasn't EOS been announced for 1.1? Most of the incompatibilities with Enterprise PL/I have now been corrected. ronsho.shoshani@gmail.com wrote: > Hi guys, > > Can anyone tell me please if z/OS version 1.7 still supports PL/1 ver &g...

[9fans] using plan9 fs for archive from other OS?
at work we run a handful of Win32 servers (god help me) and a few unix servers. we're doing tape backup nightly. our full backups are at the limit of what our tape drive can deal with and are still growing. so we need to come up with a different solution. and, more to the point, i *HATE* tape backup. further, plan9's dump fs is the best backup system i've ever seen (and, along with /lib/ndb, the thing that made me fall in love with the system as a sysadmin). so... any suggestions on how to use either the old 3e fs, fossil, and/or venti to perform backups from non-plan9 systems? ...

Updating Odin to Wine 1.0.1 level or port Wine 1.0.1 to OS/2?
Looking on Netlabs there does not appear to have been any activity on Odin since 2006. Meanwhile Wine has reached the 1.0.1 level and is still being developed. Would someone here consider either updating Odin to the latest Wine level or porting Wine to OS/2? I am not any where near capable of taking this on, although I have downloaded the build environment from Paul Smedley's site and built a few programs on my own. All that I have worked on has either compiled immediately in the environment or required very few very minor tweaks. I am sure that either updating Odin or porting Wine is...

Re: [9fans] using plan9 fs for archive from other OS?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --upas-msybttmwclmfahwlhraxgdnown Content-Disposition: inline Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Vac (backing up to venti) runs on windows systems. You can back up using that, though at the moment getting files back has to come via plan9. That will eventually be fixed. Of course, we don't backup exactly the windows access rights (they have a rather rich access list). --upas-msybttmwclmfahwlhraxgdnown Content-Type: message/rfc822 Content-Disposition: inline Received: from plan9.cs.bell-labs...

[9fans] Trouble starting Plan9 Installation and Live CD
Hello. I have trouble starting Plan9 Installation and Live CD. When Plan 9 is booting, it hangs after this: boot from: sdD1!cdboot!9pcflop.gz found 9pcflop.gz ..gz... ... ...1209674 => 803921 + 1043600 + 130816 = 1978337 entry: f0100020 Plan 9 _ With some help from #plan9, I realized it's likely a hardware compatibility issue and the problem is in the kernel. My machine is a core2duo notebook with an i945 chip set. The IDE controller is: 00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801GBM/GHM (ICH7 Family) Serial ATA Storage Controller IDE (rev 02) (prog-if 80 [Master]) With the ...

Classic Mode problem with OS 10.4.1
I have a Powerbook with a 40 GB hard drive. It has two partitions, roughly 75% and 25%. The 75% partition is called Unity, and the 25% partition is called Safety Clone. As users of Superduper will probably have guessed, the smaller partition is for testing Tiger upgrades before I upgrade the Unity partition; right now OS 10.4.1 is installed on BOTH partitions and has been booting from, and working without a hitch on, both. Today I decided that I wanted to use Classic mode for the first time with Tiger; I have several OS 9-only apps that work just fine as is, and I don't want to upgrade th...

[9fans] dilettant plan9 newbie trying to get started
Greetings, As a university student of different sorts, a few months ago i found myself in a situation, that involves garage-researching, and getting things done i had no idea about before. I realised the best suiting OS for my needs is most likely plan9. I'd really appreciate some help with finding the (as i guess officially unpublished) version (or versions) of plan9 that already has drivers for my specific hardware, that includes the following: - intel SE7505vb2 motherboard (integrated ethernet ports, SATA etc.) - ibm x335 (default hdd backplane /hot swap/, ethernet ports, nvi...

[9fans] using plan9 fs for archive from other OS? #2
You can use cacls utility shipped with Windows or xcacls from NTResKit to store/retrieve file permissions to/from separate file and put it in your backup. - VVV - ...

Re: [9fans] 9p(1) rdwr, but return all records? con?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --upas-ofnkhogxeghnfazrnoafpetnvy Content-Disposition: inline Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit perhaps, i rolled this up with an old version of 9p: echo google.com ip | ./9p wrrd dns/dns dns/dns returns 1 record per read. i needed this so i could get all the records. i have not integrated this version of 9p with russ' current version. that, as they say, is an exercize left to the reader. - erik "Anthony Sorace" <anothy@gmail.com> writes | | I need something very muc...

[9fans] plan9 now officially not the OS with the ugliest GUI anymore
i don't want to hear anyone complain about the plan9 gui anymore, lest they be cast into the world of LoseThos: http://www.losethos.com/ from the website: "The LoseThos IBM PC Operating System x86_64, open source, free, public domain [...] PROMISES: 1) LoseThos will always run everything in kernel mode. There is no user mode. All programs will have full access to memory, I/O ports, instructions, etc." We just need some rounded edges. http://www.creativeandlive.com/article_images/0000/1073/siggi.jpg On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 10:40 AM, andrey mirtchovski <mirtchovski@gmail...

[9fans] The 2-1 chord in P9Ports Acme (Mac OS)
--20cf3074b55288afa504d9b54bb3 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 As you may know, Apple has an odd stance against multi-button mice and trackpads. Acme works surprisingly well with just one button, with the emulation of buttons 2 and 3 with alt+click and cmd+click. Problem is, with these settings there's no way to do a 2-1 chord, since "1" is already pressed while doing 2. After a little Googling I just took a look at the source and did the simplest thing possible: diff -r 1bd8b25173d5 src/cmd/devdraw/cocoa-screen.m --- a/src/cmd/devdraw/cocoa-screen.m Tue Mar 19 14:36:50 2013 -0400 +++ b/src/cmd/devdraw/cocoa-screen.m Sat Apr 06 20:02:44 2013 +0200 @@ -847,7 +847,9 @@ case NSFlagsChanged: if(in.mbuttons || in.kbuttons){ in.kbuttons = 0; - if(m & NSAlternateKeyMask) + if(m & NSControlKeyMask) + in.kbuttons |= 1; + if(m & NSAlternateKeyMask) in.kbuttons |= 2; if(m & NSCommandKeyMask) in.kbuttons |= 4; This allows 2-1 chords by pressing Ctrl. How? Select something as usual (the extra command for the 2-1 chord). Select the command with Alt pressed, to execute it. While holding Alt (and the trackpad button) press control. Release everything (does not really matter the order as far as I can tell.) Done. Or at least, it does what is expected in my machine in all the tries I have done so far. Hard to tell with such a small change :) Oh, to get the changes rolling you...

Web resources about - [9fans] con(1): no longer starts in raw mode? - comp.os.plan9

GSoC (Plan 9 wiki)
Open source distributed operating system Plan 9 from Bell Labs.

[9fans] SO for plan9?
9fans archive / 2000 / 06 / 529 prev next search terms are split using tokenize from: regexp searches From: lines subject: regexp searches Subject: ...

Blog Archive
John Floren Home - Blog 2012 12/22 - Disassembling MyVu Shades 301 Video Glasses - ( Comments ) 9/27 - Found some old RIT pictures - ( Comments ...

Nielsen research: Social media impressions in Facebook ads
AdvertisingEffectiveness: Understanding the Value of a Social Media Impression APRIL 2010 INSIDE: …

Plan 9 from User Space
quotes - docs - repo - golang - sam - man - acme - Glenda - 9times - harmful - 9P - cat-v.org Related sites: - site updates - site map - man(1) ...

9fans archive /
9fans archive / search terms are split using tokenize from: regexp searches From: lines subject: regexp searches Subject: lines before: yyyy ...

[9fans] 9pi
9fans archive / 2012 / 08 / 129 prev next search terms are split using tokenize from: regexp searches From: lines subject: regexp searches Subject: ...