[9fans] p9p OS X native resize

--GTGEtWEe6jD60dxL

Hi there,

while there I want to mention that the resizing event from os X
does not seem to trigger a redraw of sam/acme. Am I right?

Kind regards,

Christian
--=20
You may use my gpg key for replies:
pub  1024D/47F79788 2005/02/02 Christian Kellermann (C-Keen)

--GTGEtWEe6jD60dxL

--GTGEtWEe6jD60dxL--

comp.os.plan9 9252 articles. 1 followers. quanstro (3876) is leader. Post Follow

------=_Part_48600_1219768.1223469790039

It should show a transparent outline while you drag and redraw when you let
go.What happens when you try to resize the window?

--underspecified

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 9:28 PM, Christian Kellermann <
Christian.Kellermann@nefkom.net> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> while there I want to mention that the resizing event from os X
> does not seem to trigger a redraw of sam/acme. Am I right?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Christian
> --
> You may use my gpg key for replies:
> pub  1024D/47F79788 2005/02/02 Christian Kellermann (C-Keen)

------=_Part_48600_1219768.1223469790039

while there I want to mention that the resizing event from os X<br>
does not seem to trigger a redraw of sam/acme. Am I right?<br>
Kind regards,<br>
Christian<br>
You may use my gpg key for replies:<br>
pub &nbsp;1024D/47F79788 2005/02/02 Christian Kellermann (C-Keen)<br>

------=_Part_48600_1219768.1223469790039--

--EguBBKnZWdUQS9Kz

* underspecified <underspecified@gmail.com> [081008 14:44]:
> It should show a transparent outline while you drag and redraw when you l=
et
> go.What happens when you try to resize the window?
>=20

The window size changes but the content does not get redrawn leading to a w=
indow like this:
http://pestilenz.org/~ckeen/sam.tiff

this only happens when you resize it to a bigger than initial size though.

HTH,

Christian

--=20
You may use my gpg key for replies:
pub  1024D/47F79788 2005/02/02 Christian Kellermann (C-Keen)

--EguBBKnZWdUQS9Kz

--EguBBKnZWdUQS9Kz--

[9fans] native graphics drawterm on Mac OS X

Oracle on OS X (not OS X server)
Hi. I've downloaded the Oracle developer edition for OS X, but the requirements state OS X server. Is this really the case - has anyone successfully got it running on just a standard OS X install? I'm sure this must have been asked before, but I can't seem to find the right Google strings. Tried in comp.sys.mac.databases, but the group seems to be dead apart from the odd 4D question. Cheers, Ian I've installed it on vanilla standard Mac OS X 10.2.6 on my iBook and it works fine. (Apologies if duplicate message) Ian McCall wrote: > Hi. > > I've downloaded the Oracle developer edition for OS X, but the requirements > state OS X server. Is this really the case - has anyone successfully got it > running on just a standard OS X install? > > I'm sure this must have been asked before, but I can't seem to find the > right Google strings. Tried in comp.sys.mac.databases, but the group seems > to be dead apart from the odd 4D question. > > Cheers, > Ian > > ...

Hi all, Yet another Graphviz version. The old application icon had been voted off the island, and brand new application and document icons flown in for the task. Comprehensive help features in this version too. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new: ------------ Added new application and document icons. Added comprehensive help. Fixed changes not affecting graph size displaying incorrectly [BTr]. Fixed export then close crashing the export of an open window. Improved shadowed frame for graph [NRi]. Improved status display [NRi]. Changed sources to pure BSD license. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.13 (v13) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Dear All, I've just released the newest version of Mac Graphviz, featuring shapefile support and enhanced zoom. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ Shapefiles supported include PDF, EPS, PS, JPEG, PNG and all Quicktime formats. Either specify an absolute or relative (to working directory) file path, or a URL using the shapefile attribute. Developers can now also use the graphviz.framework directly with #include headers in C e.g. using Xcode "Add Frameworks..."; documentation is available from the main Graphviz site -- http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/libguide.pdf Changes ------- Added drawer and zoom menu commands [DWa, NRi]. Added intelligent window zooming [NRi]. Added shapefile support. Added UTF-8 support [RSc]. Added cvtgxl, gvpack and gvpr tools [BSw]. Fixed page setup then close unexpectedly invoking save dialog [PRo]. HTML-like labels now work on 10.2 (use embedded expat instead of libxml2). Improved internal frameworks (added headers, consolidated dylibs). Tracked main build of 23 June. Graphviz is still free, but I'm now accepting donations for it. Enjoy! Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

Dear All: Them pesky bugs. A few more squashed courtesy of the sleepy pixel. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new in v11 ------------ Fixed some comprehensive help [NRi]. Fixed scale option placeholder [NRi]. Improved application and document icons. Example files now double-click to open in application. What's new in v12 ------------ Added layout option tooltips [NRi]. Fixed layout popup button changing wrong graph [MKe]. Clicking on warning icon now opens Activity window [NRi, AM]. Revert menu item now disabled. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

Re: [9fans] p9p for Mac OS X
Don't know about hg, but `cvs up -dP' gets it done on case- INsensitive HFS+ volumes on Macs I have. Source sync tool of preference aside, I can second rog on case- sensitive HFS (or even Mac(NeXT) UFS if you like). Since both of these can be less convenient on boot volumes, a partition for the purpose, or a removable of some kind so formatted, is handy, since the filename case issue comes up in more than just p9p. -Josh ...

[9fans] 9vx native OS X gui
The 9vx 0.11 source code includes OS X gui code, a severely cleaned-up version of the drawterm code. It is not built by default, but you can build it by using make 9vx/9vx PLAN9GUI=osx Unfortunately, it seems to have one problem: the Carbon app event loop appears to install its own handler for EXC_BAD_ACCESS, the Mach equivalent of SIGBUS/SIGSEGV. When it gets that exception, it passes it along, but first it pops up an annoying "The application 9vx quit unexpectedly" dialog. Even if you turn the popup off (with TinkerTool), the handler must record that things are broken, and the cursor turns into a pinwheel forever: Carbon/Quartz/whatever-it's-called-today can't fathom the idea that an EXC_BAD_ACCESS came in and the app actually survived it. I assume the fix would be to install an EXC_BAD_ACCESS handler after kicking off the app event loop. That would make sure that Carbon never saw it. But I don't know how to do that. Russ > Unfortunately, it seems to have one problem: the > Carbon app event loop appears to install its own > handler for EXC_BAD_ACCESS, the Mach equivalent It looks like this might be fixed in 10.5, according to http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2004/tn2123.html#SECLIMITATIONS Of course, if you get past that, you'll have to debug my cleanup of the gui code. Russ Running the new native 9vx (which I was almost done doing myself, had it not been for that missing file): The process has forked and you c...

ParseTree and OS X/other newbie OS X questions
Couple of questions from a newbie on OS X (intel PB Pro)... First, ParseTree doesn't want to install do to compilation issues... mbp:/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ParseTree-1.6.0 Ken$ sudo rake install Password: (in /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ParseTree-1.6.0) sh: line 1: RC_CFLAGS: command not found /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols: _rb_cObject _rb_const_get_at _rb_define_singleton_method _rb_intern collect2: ld returned 1 exit status rake aborted! error executing cc $(RC_CFLAGS) -bundle -g -Os -pipe -fno-common -pipe -fno-common -pipe -fno-common -I /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/universal-darwin8.0 -o "/Users/Ken/.ruby_inline/Inline_ParseTree_dc10.bundle" "/Users/Ken/.ruby_inline/Inline_ParseTree_dc10.c" : 256 Renamed /Users/Ken/.ruby_inline/Inline_ParseTree_dc10.c to /Users/Ken/.ruby_inline/Inline_ParseTree_dc10.c.bad /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/ParseTree-1.6.0/rakefile:7 (See full trace by running task with --trace) ...perhaps I need to do further ruby setup? Also, I first installed ParseTree using 'sudo gem install ParseTree' but I didn't get any messages to the effect that that had even tried a compile--certainly not any error message. Is gem install supposed to compile C extensions when it install something? Finally, given that OS X is a bit of an odd bird, is there anything else I need to do to make sure installs work smoothly in the future? Thanks, Ken On Oct 15, 2006, at 12:11 PM, Kenneth McDonald wrote: > Couple of questio...

[9fans] p9p venti tools on mac os x

Re: [9fans] 9vx native OS X gui
> I assume the fix would be to install an EXC_BAD_ACCESS > handler after kicking off the app event loop. That would > make sure that Carbon never saw it. > But I don't know how to do that. I don't have a 10.5 mac to see if this is moot with the changes to CrashReporter.app. mach/mach.h has thread_set_exception_ports() to install handlers for mach exceptions. There is also a task_ version for all the threads in a task. The basics are like: /* recieve right */ kret = mach_port_allocate(mach_task_self(), MACH_PORT_RIGHT_RECIEVE, &exception_port); /* send right */ kret = mach_port_insert_right(mach_task_self(), exception_port, exception_port, MACH_MSG_TYPE_MAKE_SEND); /* select exc type */ kret = thread_set_exception_ports(mach_thread_self(), EXC_MASK_BAD_ACCESS, exception_port, EXCEPTION_DEFAULT, THEAD_STATE_NONE); Then you do what you want with the exception; in the common case that means set up fake sigcontext and deliver to signal handler code. Amit Singh's osx kernel book has example code (http://macosxbook.com/ book/src/ in fig. 9-38). http://tinyurl.com/46dsgp is a production example with comments @ the phrase ``Mach's exception mechanism''. It's Apple's bug, and that's too far to have to go to work around it, IMO, but the technique might be interesting or handy for this kind of software atop osx. -Josh ...

[9fans] p9p's rio on OS X
Is anyone running p9p's (x11) rio on OS X? I get *very* bad results. Window borders seem to only fill about half their window, and content behaves strangely. See this snippet: http://dalet.strand1.com/buggeredX11.png That's xclock, xman, and an xterm, no other p9p programs; drawterm behaves the same way. It doesn't actually show up in the xterm (because of the error), but that's my having typed "pwd", "date", and "uptime". These all behave as expected under quartz-wm and twm. Note that the nature of the wrongness depends on the specific placement of the window, but I've not yet nailed down the pattern. Aside: this is so I can run drawterm more-or-less full screen, or at the size it reports, and I'm not aware of a Cocoa-compatible drawterm being available. If anyone's got one of those they'd like to share, I'm quite happy to not pay any attention to X11. Anthony ...

Does Oracle 9i for OS X require OS X Server ?
Does Oracle (either 9 or 10 i) run on Tiger, or is OS X Server required? Thanks. In article <1127795452.653050.147170@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, gimme_this_gimme_that@yahoo.com wrote: > Does Oracle (either 9 or 10 i) run on Tiger, or is OS X Server > required? > > Thanks. VersionTracker has this: http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/15931 -- DeeDee, don't press that button! DeeDee! NO! Dee... In article <1127795452.653050.147170@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, gimme_this_gimme_that@yahoo.com wrote: > Does Oracle (either 9 or 10 ...

Mac OS X & Mac OS X Server
Hi, I'm currently using a 9i developer release on Mac OS X (10.3) which has proved very stable so far. My understanding of the various Oracle press releases is that 10G will be released for Mac OS X, are there any beta testers out there wiling to comment on availabilitu/quality/performance issues for 10G on Mac OS X? Another question is whether tools such as the OEM will be available in 10G for Mac OS X, does anybody know? Yours in anticipation! Steve Steve <steve@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<2004013008345616807%steve@nospamcom>... > releases is that 10G will be released for Mac OS X, are there any beta > testers out there wiling to comment on availabilitu/quality/performance > issues for 10G on Mac OS X? The PR suggests they've been clear that the OS X release will be production quality .. though since it won't be a "volume" platform, one may wonder about this in practise. > Another question is whether tools such as the OEM will be available in 10G > for Mac OS X, does anybody know? From what I've seen of screenshots, I believe OEM 10g is web-based JSP, so this seems likely. But just my inference, no real info. I use remote OEM from another box on my Powerbook for now (either XWindows or Windows Remote Desktop). SQL Plus otherwise.. Cheers Stu stuartc@mac.com (Stu Charlton) wrote in message news:<21398ab6.0402020845.4f2c5027@posting.google.com>... > Steve <steve@nospam.com> wrote...

Mac OS 9.x included in Mac OS X?
Hi, I read that Mac OS X has a so-called classic mode which emulates Mac OS 9.x so that older applications can still be run. Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought separately? Peter >Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include >Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought >separately? If you buy the installer for OS X it *does not* include OS 9. You generally use the copy of OS 9 that came with your computer in order to install C...

Porting a Mac OS 9 to Carbon Mac OS X shared library + Java Native Interface
I have ported a Mac OS 9 shared library to Mac OS X using Codewarrior 8 and the Carbon methodology. The library uses PowerPlant to display and handle a dialog box that communicates with the caller application. What are the prerequisites and steps for wrapping this library under Java Native Interface since the caller application is written in Java and Java itself cannot call methods directly from a native shared library? Are there any previous attempts, expreiences? Any obstacles? Byron ...

Porting a Mac OS 9 to Carbon Mac OS X shared library + Java Native Interface
I have ported a Mac OS 9 shared library to Mac OS X using Codewarrior 8 and the Carbon methodology. What are the prerequisites and steps for wrapping this library under Java Native Interface since the caller application is written in Java and Java itself cannot call methods directly from a native shared library? Are there any previous attempts, expreiences? Any obstacles? Byron The JNI library must be Mach-O. It must be a dylib named "lib<yourlibname>.jnilib". I'm pretty sure there is sample code for JNI libs on the Apple Developer Site. You say that your nat...

Hi. Someone told me that Mac OS X 10.7.x and 10.8.x do not come with iLife like the older Mac OS X versions (e.g., 10.5.x). I did not know this! Since my client uses iPhoto that came preinstalled on his old 2008 MacBook Pro's Mac OS X 10.5.x (10.5.8 right now), can he use the old one from 10.5.8? Or will he need a third party replacement (needs to import/copy the old image files) or buy a new iPhoto version for his photo(graph)s? I recalled he did not like iPhoto and wonder if the new one is any better. Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Every ruler sleeps on an anthill." --Afghani /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail. If crediting, ( ) then please kindly use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. On 2012-09-21 3:05 PM ANTant@zimage.com (Ant) wrote: > Hi. > > Someone told me that Mac OS X 10.7.x and 10.8.x do not come with iLife > like the older Mac OS X versions (e.g., 10.5.x). I did not know this! > Since my client uses iPhoto that came preinstalled on his old 2008 > MacBook Pro's Mac OS X 10.5.x (10.5.8 right now), can he use the old one > from 10.5.8? Or will he need a third party replacement (needs to > import/copy the old image files) or buy a new iPhoto version for his > photo(graph)s? I rec...

OS X v10.1.5 to OS X v10.3?

[9fans] mac os x: x11 versus native when chording mouse leaves window
I'm sorry I'm not contributing code, and that the following is mac osx specific. and it is only an observation. (and I'm posting it why? because I'm looking for confirmation, maybe, and to point out one possible unexpected advantage of X11 over native.) there appears to be a difference between handling of X11 windows and native windows regarding what happens when - mouse cursor is in window - you start making a selection with b1 - while making the selection you cross the window border - outside the window you press b2 or b3 to finish the chord with the x11 window everything works as expected, at least on 10.4.11 with the native window the chord is not finished but instead the window under the mouse gets select (or you end up in finder). this seems to be independent of the actual application (acme-sac, 9vx). the non-working with native window I encounter almost every day; that it does work with X I only found minutes ago. regarding 'code, code, code' I was annoyed to the point where I started to wonder whether it would make sense to add something similar to the 'stay in the scroll bar while scrolling' feature, but then to stay in the window while selecting. to my surprise I found it actually working ok with X11 window. Axel. ...

Web resources about - [9fans] p9p OS X native resize - comp.os.plan9

GSoC (Plan 9 wiki)
Open source distributed operating system Plan 9 from Bell Labs.

[9fans] SO for plan9?
9fans archive / 2000 / 06 / 529 prev next search terms are split using tokenize from: regexp searches From: lines subject: regexp searches Subject: ...

Blog Archive
John Floren Home - Blog 2012 12/22 - Disassembling MyVu Shades 301 Video Glasses - ( Comments ) 9/27 - Found some old RIT pictures - ( Comments ...

Nielsen research: Social media impressions in Facebook ads
AdvertisingEffectiveness: Understanding the Value of a Social Media Impression APRIL 2010 INSIDE: …

Plan 9 from User Space
quotes - docs - repo - golang - sam - man - acme - Glenda - 9times - harmful - 9P - cat-v.org Related sites: - site updates - site map - man(1) ...

9fans archive /
9fans archive / search terms are split using tokenize from: regexp searches From: lines subject: regexp searches Subject: lines before: yyyy ...

[9fans] 9pi
9fans archive / 2012 / 08 / 129 prev next search terms are split using tokenize from: regexp searches From: lines subject: regexp searches Subject: ...