[9fans] [plan9] acme noscrool feature enable

--047d7b677efa39e08204e56114bf

Hello all, I do not remember, and I can't find it on the web, how to enable
the noscroll feature
on acme from plan9port.

I wrote Noscrool on window top bar, and then I tried to execute it with
middle mouse,
but I did not gain effect, just an error.

Please, help me!

Thank you in advance.

--047d7b677efa39e08204e56114bf

--047d7b677efa39e08204e56114bf--

0
ucasano
9/2/2013 6:57:00 AM
comp.os.plan9 9252 articles. 1 followers. quanstro (3876) is leader. Post Follow

--047d7b6d95e6a6ea7c04e563e7b1

As far as I know Acme doesn't have the "noscroll" feature at all.

Best regards,
  santucco

--
Best regards,
  santucco

--047d7b6d95e6a6ea7c04e563e7b1

=3D"gmail_quote">
On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Giovanni Casano <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a h=
ref=3D"mailto:ucasano@gmail.com" target=3D"_blank">ucasano@gmail.com</a>&gt=
;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 =
..8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
Hello all, I do not remember, and I can&#39;t find it on the web, how to en=
div>I wrote Noscrool on window top bar, and then I tried to execute it with=
 middle mouse,</div>

,<div>=A0 santucco</div>

--047d7b6d95e6a6ea7c04e563e7b1--

0
santucco
9/2/2013 10:19:17 AM
On Monday 02 of September 2013 14:19:17 Alexander Sychev wrote:
> Hi,
> As far as I know Acme doesn't have the "noscroll" feature at all.

if `win' is of any help, it has the following property:
> Win windows follow the
> same scrolling heuristic as in 9term(1): the window scrolls
> on output only if the window is displaying the end of the
> buffer.

--=20
dexen deVries

[[[=E2=86=93][=E2=86=92]]]

Take care of the luxuries and the necessities will take care of themsel=
ves.
                -- L. Long

0
dexen
9/2/2013 10:49:06 AM
9term windows default behaviour does not scroll when output reaches
the end of the window: this is what I am trying to do.
Few months ago I succeded in that... now I do not remember how I did :(

2013/9/2 dexen deVries <dexen.devries@gmail.com>:
> On Monday 02 of September 2013 14:19:17 Alexander Sychev wrote:
>> Hi,
>> As far as I know Acme doesn't have the "noscroll" feature at all.
>

> if `win' is of any help, it has the following property:
>> Win windows follow the
>> same scrolling heuristic as in 9term(1): the window scrolls
>> on output only if the window is displaying the end of the
>> buffer.
>

> --
> dexen deVries
>
> [[[=E2=86=93][=E2=86=92]]]
>
> Take care of the luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselve=
s.
>                 -- L. Long

0
ucasano
9/2/2013 11:00:43 AM
On Monday 02 of September 2013 12:58:28 Giovanni Casano wrote:
> 9term windows default behaviour does not scroll when output reaches
> the end of the window: this is what I am trying to do.
> Few months ago I succeded in that... now I do not remember how I did =
:(

when executed in Acme, the following scrolls by default, but will pause=
=20
scrolling when you scroll up so far that the last line of output goes o=
ut of=20
window (becomes invisible):

win ANY_COMMAND=20

for example:

win rc -c 'while (true) date && sleep 1'
win ssh dexen@baron

--=20
dexen deVries

[[[=E2=86=93][=E2=86=92]]]

Take care of the luxuries and the necessities will take care of themsel=
ves.
                -- L. Long

0
dexen
9/2/2013 1:19:18 PM
ops, I use bash as default shell... maybe should I use rc?

2013/9/2 dexen deVries <dexen.devries@gmail.com>:
> On Monday 02 of September 2013 12:58:28 Giovanni Casano wrote:
>> 9term windows default behaviour does not scroll when output reaches
>> the end of the window: this is what I am trying to do.
>> Few months ago I succeded in that... now I do not remember how I did :(
>

> when executed in Acme, the following scrolls by default, but will pause
> scrolling when you scroll up so far that the last line of output goes out=
 of
> window (becomes invisible):
>
> win ANY_COMMAND
>
> for example:
>
> win rc -c 'while (true) date && sleep 1'
> win ssh dexen@baron
>

> --
> dexen deVries
>
> [[[=E2=86=93][=E2=86=92]]]
>
> Take care of the luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselve=
s.
>                 -- L. Long

0
ucasano

[9fans] Dvorak on Plan9; Plan9/Acme for Unix
I just started toying around with Plan9. Some questions: Are there ways to switch my keyboard layout, to Dvorak? If not, what file would I have to edit in what way to get a new layout? Are there Acme or even total Plan9 clones for Unix (in particular Mac OS X, but X11 windowing would be fine)? I know there's Wily, but I can't get it to compile, and the website seems kindof old/unmaintained. Are there other, still alive versions of some Acme for Unix, or of a library that emulates the Plan9 interface? > Are there Acme or even total Plan9 clones for Unix (in particular &g...

[9fans] user login / plan9 terminal on plan9
------=_Part_107711_2461596.1230148872602 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline hi, here is a quick question. let us say i am logged in as glenda or none. let us say, i want a new window in which i need to login as vdharani. how can i do this? in unix machines, i could do su, telnet or ssh and then login as new user. i am looking for something like this. years back i asked the same question and then ended up finding something like 9term which was good enough (except that as i mentioned in the other thread, if i started infern...

[9fans] Plan9 as an everyday OS
--0016364273773c02e8046e5c23bf Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi all, I've just installed (with few difficulties, I must admit) a fresh Plan9 on my Dell Inspiron laptop. I played with it and I'd really like to study it and get used to it. Ideally, I would like to make it my "everyday OS", to do all the nice stuff you can do with a computer (a part from work and study), like browsing the web, watching movies and so on... Is anyone using it for such things? Is there, for example, a decent browser for Plan9 (I haven't found any)...

What features are only availalbe on plan9 OS but not on plan9port?
Hi. Sorry for my English :-/ I'm newly interested in plan9 stuffs. I want to know what would be the differences between plan9 on virtual machine and plan9port. Can someone kindly explain it? On Mon Nov 5 08:45:06 EST 2012, ryu.insang@gmail.com wrote: > Hi. Sorry for my English :-/ > > I'm newly interested in plan9 stuffs. > I want to know what would be the differences between plan9 on > virtual machine and plan9port. Can someone kindly explain it? the differences are quite fundamental. p9p tries to add some plan9 bits like acme to other systems. when...

[9fans] Resizing acme tags in plan9

[9fans] using plan9 fs for archive from other OS?
at work we run a handful of Win32 servers (god help me) and a few unix servers. we're doing tape backup nightly. our full backups are at the limit of what our tape drive can deal with and are still growing. so we need to come up with a different solution. and, more to the point, i *HATE* tape backup. further, plan9's dump fs is the best backup system i've ever seen (and, along with /lib/ndb, the thing that made me fall in love with the system as a sysadmin). so... any suggestions on how to use either the old 3e fs, fossil, and/or venti to perform backups from non-plan9 systems? ...

Re: [9fans] Resizing acme tags in plan9
you're talking about the layout within columns, not the layout of the columns from left to right, right? within columns, it would be nice if new windows were sometimes opened below the last one touched. perhaps i should always work at the bottom of a column, but i don't. zerox nearly always chooses the wrong place for the new window -- all the way at the bottom. among columns, it would be nice if the column guide box (or whatever it's called) worked like the window guide box. clicking on it should expand the column horizontally. one thing i would like to see added to acme is a...

Re: [9fans] rio & acme & plan9
I have had trouble getting a handle on Plan9. I got it working on an old PC, but didn't understand if I had a file server, cpu server, terminal, or all 3. The screens looked great, but I never quite got the hang of using it. Can Rio/Acme run under Windows or Linux? I'd love to give it another shot. Must/should you have separate file/cpu servers? I also really would like to see an SF-bay meeting, if only to see Plan9 in action. I've been using command-line interfaces since teletypes & 026 keypunches, and I remain convinced that I could learn another one. > > I've...

[9fans] using plan9 fs for archive from other OS? #2
You can use cacls utility shipped with Windows or xcacls from NTResKit to store/retrieve file permissions to/from separate file and put it in your backup. - VVV - ...

[9fans] Logitech T400 mouse with Plan9 and Plan9port Acme
Considering how difficult it is to find a new usb mouse with 3 real buttons I'm looking for workarounds. I have a Contour Mouse Perfit and I enjoy it a lot but buying a new Contour Mouse is expensive and very difficult in terms of shipping when you live in Russia, Contour just don't ship it. I see there are few new "touch scroll" mice in stores and one of them Logitech T400 looks not bad to me. Unfortunately they don't have wired version but the "touch scroll" feels like a "styled 3rd button". Did anyone had a chance to test Logitech T400 m...

Re: [9fans] using plan9 fs for archive from other OS?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --upas-msybttmwclmfahwlhraxgdnown Content-Disposition: inline Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Vac (backing up to venti) runs on windows systems. You can back up using that, though at the moment getting files back has to come via plan9. That will eventually be fixed. Of course, we don't backup exactly the windows access rights (they have a rather rich access list). --upas-msybttmwclmfahwlhraxgdnown Content-Type: message/rfc822 Content-Disposition: inline Received: from plan9.cs.bell-labs...

[9fans] plan9
------=_Part_71178_8096018.1229931834335 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline hi all, my paying job kept me busy for quite sometime. so far i couldnt spend as much time on inferno/plan9 as i wanted to. but i have taken 2 weeks off and i am happy that i will be using part of the free time to keep up with the technology (so i will be posting more!). specifically, i am trying to do this: - bring up plan9 on my Mac Mini using Parallels for Mac (4 or at least 3). - get plan9/inferno run on soekris net5501 board - miscellaneous t...

[9fans] plan9 now officially not the OS with the ugliest GUI anymore
i don't want to hear anyone complain about the plan9 gui anymore, lest they be cast into the world of LoseThos: http://www.losethos.com/ from the website: "The LoseThos IBM PC Operating System x86_64, open source, free, public domain [...] PROMISES: 1) LoseThos will always run everything in kernel mode. There is no user mode. All programs will have full access to memory, I/O ports, instructions, etc." We just need some rounded edges. http://www.creativeandlive.com/article_images/0000/1073/siggi.jpg On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 10:40 AM, andrey mirtchovski <mirtchovski@gmail...

[9fans] non-plan9 acme: slight non-sensitive margin right of scrollbars?
maybe it is just me. anyway, with p9p acme I have been noticing a slight margin just to the right of the scroll bars, immediately to the left of the text, in which it is not sensitive to mouse clicks and, if the mouse is there, also not to text being entered. I guess I noticed it first at least a year ago, dunno when, and at the time my p9p version was old and I did not update it often so I did not bother mentioning it. now I'm working with acme-sac (0.14 on intel imac, in case it might matter) and noticing the same. I just tried with acme on plan 9 (parallels on imac) and there it works...

[9fans] Installing plan9 on Parallels build 6.0.12090 [Mac OS 10.6.7] kernel panic
I'm trying to install plan9 as a VM using Parallels build 6.0.12090. I'm = running Mac OS 10.6.7. I made a VM in Parallels, and set it to boot to CD first. It got up and = running, and when the installer tried to boot into sdD0, I explicitly = told 9load to boot from: sdC1!cdboot!9pccd.gz I think that the installer tried to search for USB peripherals, but = during that stage I got the following message: panic: boot process died: unknown panic: boot process died: unknown dumpstack ktrace /kernel/path f010a27c f004c34c <<EOF estackx f004c620 f004c2ec=3Df010a011 f004c2f4=3Df01db...

[9fans] [9fans ] What's the best access method to Plan9 from Linux
Hi all, Currently, I installed a Plan9 system on a computer while I still usually work under Debian Linux running on another computer. So I wonder how I can conveniently access the Plan9 system from my Linux box? That is, what is the best way to access Plan9 from Linux? SSH? or any other more Plan9 welcome methods? And, of course, I have tried to learn them from Plan9 wiki but feel yet difficult to understand some concepts there, such as u9fs etc. BTW: I have used ``Plan9 from user space'' port on my Linux box for a while. Is it useful to meet the mission mentioned above? Thank...

[9fans] Developing in plan9
Hi, I've been interested in plan 9 for a while now & I've recently installed it on my MacBook Pro (under Parallels) and I've been digging around in it (setting up networking, getting used to acme, etc), but now I want to look into developing programs. Are there any good starting points for this? Cheers Keith hola, I think nemo's intro is what you're looking for: http://plan9.escet.urjc.es/who/nemo/9.intro.pdf On 2/23/07, Keith Poole <keith.poole@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I've been interested in plan 9 for a while now & I've recent...

[9fans] Where to find plan9
Hi there, Where can we find the plan9 distro? Regards, rd the iso can be found here: <http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9/download/plan9.iso.bz2> the home page <http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9/> doesn't seem to be working at the moment google should be enough... http://9fans.net should be the result of your search... But then... Am I the only one unable to reach 9fans.net? cheers! On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 10:57 AM, Riza Dindir <rdindir@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi there, > > Where can we find the plan9 distro? > > Regards, > rd > > > &...

[9fans] plan9 for powermac
Heyas, I've created a website for the Plan9 PowerMac port. For now it's just a branch from my homepage, though, maybe it will end up as more, I don't know. None the less, I am committed to getting plan9 on my Power Macintosh 5400/120. The website will display the progression of the project as it matures, showing devices in a tree based ASCII format. http://www.7f.no-ip.com/~north_/p9ppc/index.html Don http://www.7f.no-ip.com/~north_ ...

[9fans] VirtualBox and Plan9
Has anyone else tried grabbing the latest Plan9 ISO (from the website) and installing it via VirtualBox v2.2 ? I got only as far as: kfs...<caret> And the whole thing just stalled and hung at that point, so I am hoping that someone can point me to the wrong vbox settings that I am using. I am trying this from a Vista box. Please don't say go to a different OS and try again. :-) Regards, Mon I've had similar problems on OS X, so I think it's a problem with VirtualBox, not Vista. I got past initial configuration and installation, but the system consistently froze whe...

[9fans] Plan9 Intro
Hi All! During last half a year I see pretty active interconnection in this news. That means your comunity is alive. It's great! If I want to start work with Plan9 or Inferno where can I receive first info specially for newbies? From very start! Thank you. Wlad > If I want to start work with Plan9 or Inferno where can I receive first > info specially for newbies? From very start! http://plan9.bell-labs.com/plan9dist/index.html Read the introductive papers and the wiki. Tiit Lankots wrote: >> If I want to start work with Plan9 or Inferno where can I receive &...

[9fans] Plan9 installation
Hi, I was trying to install plan9 this weekend and ran into lot of poblems. I got many little questions in this exercise. I have listed the questions/issues below. I will be very happy if you can give your comments/answers. - first, where can i get the latest cd image? can i get the latest one in http://cm.bell-labs.com/magic/9down4e/ureg?haveread=yes&exportok=yes or "download the distribution archive" link of download section? or is that both have the latest nightly build cd image? - bootsetup seems to get confused many times. i tried with CDROM image and bootsetup reported e...

[9fans] New (again) to plan9
Indroducting myself : Hi there, I am new user of plan9 since I have my raspberry-pi so I use plan9 (modified SD-card Image from Mr.Miller with standalone-machi= ne setup). I used plan9 on x486 many years ago. It's a pleasure to use it again. I hope I won't spam the list with too many questions... currently reading docs & testing setup.=20 I'm also going to use an old computer x686 as another plan9-machine As I'm Unix user since about 18years...should be ok to learn again plan9 OS regards =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=...

[9fans] plan9 for calculations
Hello everybody, I noticed there are some thoughts about using plan9 on supercomputers. For me supercomputers are usually used to do some heavy calculations. And this leads me to a question. What software is then used for programming these calculations? (I mean e.g. linear algebra, i.e. matrix, calculations.) Where can one read about that? More, it also leads me to a (perhaps) simpler question. What is the situations with ordinary machines? Untill now I have used several libraries in linux, all of them somehow based on lapack. I used C language (c-lapack), python (numpy), and now I do some ...

Web resources about - [9fans] [plan9] acme noscrool feature enable - comp.os.plan9