Compiling plan9port under Mac OS X 10.6

Has anyone had success with compiling plan9port under Mac OS X 10.6
(Snow Leopard)? I've submitted an issue report at
http://code.swtch.com/plan9port/issue/27/compiling-under-snow-leopard
that provides the error messages I received. I then tried adding
CC9=gcc -m32 to a $PLAN9/LOCAL.config file, but when running ./install
I ended up with a variety of the following errors:

>>> /Users/--/plan9/config: line 1: -m32: command not found

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
0
plus852 (20)
9/3/2009 9:53:31 AM
comp.os.plan9 9252 articles. 2 followers. quanstro (3876) is leader. Post Follow

On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 2:53 AM, plus 852<plus852@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone had success with compiling plan9port under Mac OS X 10.6
> (Snow Leopard)? I've submitted an issue report at
> http://code.swtch.com/plan9port/issue/27/compiling-under-snow-leopard
> that provides the error messages I received. I then tried adding
> CC9=gcc -m32 to a $PLAN9/LOCAL.config file, but when running ./install
> I ended up with a variety of the following errors:

moving to plan9port-dev

0
rsc (1808)
9/3/2009 3:08:08 PM
On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 04:53, plus 852<plus852@gmail.com> wrote:
> CC9=gcc -m32 to a $PLAN9/LOCAL.config file, but when running ./install
> I ended up with a variety of the following errors:

If LOCAL.config is a shell script, then the shell interprets "CC9=gcc"
as setting a shell variable named CC9 to gcc, and -m32 as the name of
an executable file to run.  For example:

; CC9='gcc -m32' echo $CC9
gcc -m32

In the shell, you have to use quotes when you have a space in a
variable's value.  In makefiles you don't.

Jason Catena

Hi. Someone told me that Mac OS X 10.7.x and 10.8.x do not come with iLife like the older Mac OS X versions (e.g., 10.5.x). I did not know this! Since my client uses iPhoto that came preinstalled on his old 2008 MacBook Pro's Mac OS X 10.5.x (10.5.8 right now), can he use the old one from 10.5.8? Or will he need a third party replacement (needs to import/copy the old image files) or buy a new iPhoto version for his photo(graph)s? I recalled he did not like iPhoto and wonder if the new one is any better. Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Every ruler sleeps on an anthill." --Afghani /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail. If crediting, ( ) then please kindly use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. On 2012-09-21 3:05 PM ANTant@zimage.com (Ant) wrote: > Hi. > > Someone told me that Mac OS X 10.7.x and 10.8.x do not come with iLife > like the older Mac OS X versions (e.g., 10.5.x). I did not know this! > Since my client uses iPhoto that came preinstalled on his old 2008 > MacBook Pro's Mac OS X 10.5.x (10.5.8 right now), can he use the old one > from 10.5.8? Or will he need a third party replacement (needs to > import/copy the old image files) or buy a new iPhoto version for his > photo(graph)s? I rec...

Mac OS X Kerberos Extras updated for Mac OS X 10.3

Mac OS X 1.0 x86 and Mac OS X 10.4 x86
I wonder of OS X on Intel runs binaries made for Mac OS X Server 1.0 or earlier x86 versions of NEXTSTEP... There should be some interesting error messages to find. I'll try it out with OmniWeb 3 one day... -- Andrew J. Brehm Marx Brothers Fan PowerPC/Macintosh User Supporter of Chicken Sandwiches In article <1gxrpng.qcld42zk38uoN%ajbrehm@gmail.com>, ajbrehm@gmail.com (Andrew J. Brehm) wrote: > I wonder of OS X on Intel runs binaries made for Mac OS X Server 1.0 or > earlier x86 versions of NEXTSTEP... > > There should be some interesting error messages to find. > > I'll try it out with OmniWeb 3 one day... I *really* doubt it. 10.0 PPC doesn't run OS X Server 1.0 PPC binaries, does it? -- "This notion that the United States is getting ready to attack Iran is simply ridiculous. And having said that, all options are on the table." -- George W. Bush in Brussels, Belgium, Feb. 22, 2005 ZnU <znu@fake.invalid> wrote: > In article <1gxrpng.qcld42zk38uoN%ajbrehm@gmail.com>, > ajbrehm@gmail.com (Andrew J. Brehm) wrote: > > > I wonder of OS X on Intel runs binaries made for Mac OS X Server 1.0 or > > earlier x86 versions of NEXTSTEP... > > > > There should be some interesting error messages to find. > > > > I'll try it out with OmniWeb 3 one day... > > I *really* doubt it. 10.0 PPC doesn't run OS X Server 1.0 PPC binaries, > does it? I think i...

Mex yprime.c compile failed matlab r2010a mac os x 10.6.6 xcode 4 gcc v4.2.1
Dear all, I am new to this topic. I just wanted to follow the steps to build a mex file from my mac. I am using a matlab r2010a on a mac with os x 10.6.6. I have the xcode4 installed. After typed in mex -setup in the matlab prompt, the output are as follows, Options files control which compiler to use, the compiler and link command options, and the runtime libraries to link against. Using the 'mex -setup' command selects an options file that is placed in ~/.matlab/R2010a and used by default for 'mex'. An options file in the current working directory or spe...

54g Wireless
Hi there, I have two apple laptops coming into our work network - one is an oldish IBook with an original Airport card which supports 64bit WEP and the other is a brand new IBook with 128bit WEP security. Our wireless network router is a belkin but only allows us to set 64 bit OR 128 bit - is there anyway of allowing either of these computers onto the network whilst securing it? Thanks Wesley Blue Wezza <blue-wezza@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote: > I have two apple laptops coming into our work network - one is an oldish > IBook with an original Airport card which supports 64bit W...

Dear All: Them pesky bugs. A few more squashed courtesy of the sleepy pixel. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new in v11 ------------ Fixed some comprehensive help [NRi]. Fixed scale option placeholder [NRi]. Improved application and document icons. Example files now double-click to open in application. What's new in v12 ------------ Added layout option tooltips [NRi]. Fixed layout popup button changing wrong graph [MKe]. Clicking on warning icon now opens Activity window [NRi, AM]. Revert menu item now disabled. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

Hi all, Yet another Graphviz version. The old application icon had been voted off the island, and brand new application and document icons flown in for the task. Comprehensive help features in this version too. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ What's new: ------------ Added new application and document icons. Added comprehensive help. Fixed changes not affecting graph size displaying incorrectly [BTr]. Fixed export then close crashing the export of an open window. Improved shadowed frame for graph [NRi]. Improved status display [NRi]. Changed sources to pure BSD license. Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

[ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.13 (v13) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8) [ANN] Graphviz for Mac OS X 1.12 (v8)
Dear All, I've just released the newest version of Mac Graphviz, featuring shapefile support and enhanced zoom. http://www.pixelglow.com/graphviz/ Shapefiles supported include PDF, EPS, PS, JPEG, PNG and all Quicktime formats. Either specify an absolute or relative (to working directory) file path, or a URL using the shapefile attribute. Developers can now also use the graphviz.framework directly with #include headers in C e.g. using Xcode "Add Frameworks..."; documentation is available from the main Graphviz site -- http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/libguide.pdf Changes ------- Added drawer and zoom menu commands [DWa, NRi]. Added intelligent window zooming [NRi]. Added shapefile support. Added UTF-8 support [RSc]. Added cvtgxl, gvpack and gvpr tools [BSw]. Fixed page setup then close unexpectedly invoking save dialog [PRo]. HTML-like labels now work on 10.2 (use embedded expat instead of libxml2). Improved internal frameworks (added headers, consolidated dylibs). Tracked main build of 23 June. Graphviz is still free, but I'm now accepting donations for it. Enjoy! Cheers, Glen Low --- pixelglow software | simply brilliant stuff www.pixelglow.com ...

samba/kerberos compile question on Mac OS X Server 10.2.6
--===============43516580462007148== Content-Type: multipart/signed; micalg=pgp-sha1; protocol="application/pgp-signature"; boundary="=-FrTx70PVTOATHQqlQ80Z" --=-FrTx70PVTOATHQqlQ80Z Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable My apologies if this is the wrong forum for this question, but I have been = asked to=20 relay this question to the kerberos list, having already contacted both the= samba and UM macsig lists. I'm trying to get samba compiled on mac os x server With active directory s= upport. =20 Samba 3 with active directory will in theory let somebody authenticate thro= ugh AD,=20 so users on machines connected to a samba 3 PDC could in theory login with=20 their Kerberos credentials. I am getting several kerberos related errors i= n=20 getting samba to compile properly. One of the problems is that I'm not exa= ctly sure what version of kerberos is installed on mac os x server, nor if it is poss= ible to upgrade it. Any information you might have on recognizing and/or fixing this error= would be appreciated. I've managed to get samba 3_0 (still in late beta) to compile cleanly as=20 long as I disable AD, by passing the --disable-ads flag to ./configure.=20 While this has allowed me to get samba to act as a PDC that then=20 authenticates to the OpenLDAP server built-in to Mac OS X Server, it=20 doesn't achieve my goal of kerberized logins from windows with samba, and I= =20 don't want to have ...

Mac OS 9.x included in Mac OS X?
Hi, I read that Mac OS X has a so-called classic mode which emulates Mac OS 9.x so that older applications can still be run. Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought separately? Peter >Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include >Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought >separately? If you buy the installer for OS X it *does not* include OS 9. You generally use the copy of OS 9 that came with your computer in order to install C...

Mac OS X & Mac OS X Server
Hi, I'm currently using a 9i developer release on Mac OS X (10.3) which has proved very stable so far. My understanding of the various Oracle press releases is that 10G will be released for Mac OS X, are there any beta testers out there wiling to comment on availabilitu/quality/performance issues for 10G on Mac OS X? Another question is whether tools such as the OEM will be available in 10G for Mac OS X, does anybody know? Yours in anticipation! Steve Steve <steve@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<2004013008345616807%steve@nospamcom>... > releases is that 10G will be released for Mac OS X, are there any beta > testers out there wiling to comment on availabilitu/quality/performance > issues for 10G on Mac OS X? The PR suggests they've been clear that the OS X release will be production quality .. though since it won't be a "volume" platform, one may wonder about this in practise. > Another question is whether tools such as the OEM will be available in 10G > for Mac OS X, does anybody know? From what I've seen of screenshots, I believe OEM 10g is web-based JSP, so this seems likely. But just my inference, no real info. I use remote OEM from another box on my Powerbook for now (either XWindows or Windows Remote Desktop). SQL Plus otherwise.. Cheers Stu stuartc@mac.com (Stu Charlton) wrote in message news:<21398ab6.0402020845.4f2c5027@posting.google.com>... > Steve <steve@nospam.com> wrote...

Undefined symbols compiling wx2.6.3 samples/minimal app on Mac OS X 10.4
Hello I successfully built WX2.6.3 on my Mac running OSX 10.4 I used this build to successfully build wxRuby (which appears to run fine). However, today I felt like trying WX using C/C++ and stumbled across http://www.wxwidgets.org/wiki/index.php/Mac_OS_X_And_Xcode_For_Beginners Since I already had WX itself built I followed only the part of "SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR OSX 10.4/XCODE 2.4/wxWidgets 2.6.3" for compiling samples/minimal (including adding the given Info.plist). I needed to replace the reference to library wx_mac (which did not exist) with -lwx_mac_adv-...

Mac OS X 10.6.6 and MacPyhton 2.6 idle doesn't work
I've installed MacPython 2.6 under mac os x 2.6 and the IDLE doesn't work. I post error log. Suggestions? Thanks a lot. Luca 23/06/11 19.18.01 Apple80211 framework[211] ACInterfaceGetPower called with NULL interface 23/06/11 19.18.01 [0x0-0x1f61f6].org.python.IDLE[2470] Traceback (most recent call last): 23/06/11 19.18.01 [0x0-0x1f61f6].org.python.IDLE[2470] File "/ Applications/Python 2.6/IDLE.app/Contents/Resources/idlemain.py", line 30, in <module> 23/06/11 19.18.01 [0x0-0x1f61f6].org.python.IDLE[2470] main() 23/06/11 19.18.01 [...

LuaTeX (LuaLaTeX) crashing (MAc OS X 10.6.6)
Hello all, I seem to be having Lua(La)TeX issues with the graphicx package at the moment. The basic example \documentclass{article} \usepackage{graphicx} \begin{document} \end{document} is crashing on my system - I see: This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.60.2-2010071217 (TeX Live 2010) (rev 3736) restricted \write18 enabled. (./test.tex LaTeX2e <2009/09/24> LuaTeX adaptation of babel <v3.8l-luatex-1.4> and hyphenation patterns for engl ish, dumylang, nohyphenation, loaded. (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/article.cls Document Class: article 2007/10/19 v1.4h Standard LaTeX document class (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/size10.clo)) (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/graphicx.sty (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/keyval.sty) (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/graphics.sty (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/trig.sty) (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/latexconfig/graphics.cfg) (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/latex/pdftex-def/pdftex.def (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/generic/oberdiek/pdftexcmds.sty (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/generic/oberdiek/infwarerr.sty) (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/generic/oberdiek/ifluatex.sty) (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/generic/oberdiek/ltxcmds.sty) (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/generic/oberdiek/ifpdf.sty) (/usr/local/texlive/2010/texmf-dist/tex/ge...

OS 9 Emulator on OS X 10.6
Is there an application for funning OS 9 applications on OS X 10.6? A Google search has informed me of something called SheepShaver but the big thrust is for running it on Mavericks and its emulating PC/Windows. I've been unable to find a home site to get more information. Charlie -- Nobody in this country got rich on his own. You built a factory--good. But you moved your goods on roads we all paid for. You hired workers we all paid to educate. So keep a big hunk of the money from your factory. But take a hunk and pay it forward. Elizabeth Warren (paraphrased) On 02/02/201...

2x speed boost from Mac OS X 10.5 to 10.6 upgrade
I just upgraded a late-2007 iMac from OS X 10.5 to 10.6, and there's a 2x speed increase in IDL 7.1! I thought I had seen the same thing with my MacBookPro, but I wasn't sure. So I ran IDL's time testing routines before and after the upgrade--about 1 hour apart. Short Answer from TIME_TEST2 10.5: 0.376995 seconds 10.6: 0.198143 seconds GRAPHICS_TIMES: 0.132045 seconds, no difference Here are the long results from TIME_TEST2. Same exact computer. All other applications were closed and quit. Both tests were run 10 times in a row so the minimum time could be selected. In both ca...

You cannot install Mac OS X on this volume. Mac OS X cannot start up from this volume.
Hi Group, Decided to reinstall OSX today on my MAC Book. _ Boy was this a mistake_ I booted off the DVD and changed the partition setup to two instead of one using the disk utility program. Selected MAC OSX Extended Journaled for both paritions. Now in the installer when I come to select the drive to install on I get the message "You cannot install Mac OS X on this volume. Mac OS X cannot start up from this volume." There is a red explaination mark on the drive. I have reboot, reformatted the drive back one parition using the disk util program and I still have the same proble...

ZoomView problem in Mac OS X 10.2.x & 10.3.x
Hello Everyone This mail is sent to more groups and mailing lists in different countries, also groups, which normally not uses the English language as the native list language, so - PLEASE DO NOT ANSWER TO THIS MESSAGE! - but read it carefully and then follow the instructions regarding answering at the buttom of this mail. I have discovered a bug in Mac OS X 10.2.x and up to latest version 10.3.= 8. When you activate the controlpane *ZoomView* for enlargement and put it either in 'Normal mode' - i.e. black text on white background, - or in "Reverse Mode" - i.e. white text on black background. So today - Thursday, March 3rd, 2005, I contacted the Apple Support for dealers and professionals here and told them about the problem. The problem is as follows. - Activating ZoomView in normal mode does not change anything. Everything is, as it should be. - Activating ZoomView in reverse mode does not change anything. Everything is normal. Activating the zoom factor with _any_ value - fx. +1,5, 2.0, 3.0 etc. - now changes the behaviour of ZoomView, when you for example open Diskutility from the dock or the Controlpanes window. clicking on the Diskutility icon in the dock suddenly makes the arrow move to the lower left corner of the monitor's viewable area, _IF_ you do not touch the mouse right after clicking on the icon. clicking on one of the panes icons in the open Controlpane window makes the arrow moves to the lower left corner of the monitor...

XML::RSS Install Fails on Mac OS X 10.6 (Perl 5.10)
After upgrading from Mac OS 10.5 to 10.6, I found as usual that most of my Perl modules were gone; also Apple upgraded to Perl 5.10. So, I reinstalled stuff using cpan, but XML::RSS failed after several tries. It seems to follow the prerequisite tree through DateTime:: and then things start to look bad when it tries to install Params::Validate. Does anyone know what might be wrong? I tried it several times, also tried to install Params::Validate directly but got similar results. Here is the part where it looks like things start to look bad... Creating new 'Build' scri...

[9fans] Installing plan9 on Parallels build 6.0.12090 [Mac OS 10.6.7] kernel panic
I'm trying to install plan9 as a VM using Parallels build 6.0.12090. I'm = running Mac OS 10.6.7. I made a VM in Parallels, and set it to boot to CD first. It got up and = running, and when the installer tried to boot into sdD0, I explicitly = told 9load to boot from: sdC1!cdboot!9pccd.gz I think that the installer tried to search for USB peripherals, but = during that stage I got the following message: panic: boot process died: unknown panic: boot process died: unknown dumpstack ktrace /kernel/path f010a27c f004c34c <<EOF estackx f004c620 f004c2ec=3Df010a011 f004c2f4=3Df01db1a6 f004c30c=3Df0100f6e = f004c314=3Df0100f5d f004c320=3Df01479dd f004c334=3Df010a27c f004c348=3Df010a27c = f004c34c=3Df010a015 f004c354=3Df0147e03 f004c394=3Df01d0a6e f004c3a0=3Df01db2d2 = f004c3a8=3Df01c8818 f004c3ac=3Df01c88c0 f004c3b0=3Df0149054 f004c3bc=3Df01ecfda = f004c3c8=3Df01ecfda f004c3d4=3Df01ecf71 f004c3e0=3Df01ecf71 f004c3fc=3Df01ed1f4 = f004c404=3Df01dab96 f004c408=3Df01dabac f004c410=3Df01dacf0 f004c418=3Df01dacf0 = f004c424=3Df01db1a6 f004c42c=3Df01db1a6 f004c438=3Df01c2fe6 f004c43c=3Df01c5146 = f004c440=3Df01ef051 .... // I'm leaving out some of the stacktrace. I'll upload the image of = the window f004c61c=3D0000001b EOF cpu0: exiting Any idea as to what could be going wrong? My hardware is a Macbook Pro = 2010 model with a 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7, and 4 GB of DDR3 RAM, if that = is at all pertinent. Here is the hosted image file: http://i.imgur.com/0ZnxP.png=...

Mac OS X 10.3.6
Apple released Mac OS X 10.3.6 today and it fixes the problem with Expert fonts not displaying correctly. http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300080 "Paul" <Oops@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:Oops-FE5F94.22113505112004@news1.news.adelphia.net... > Apple released Mac OS X 10.3.6 today and it fixes the problem with > Expert fonts not displaying correctly. > > http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300080 Thanks for the info. Ted In article <Oops-FE5F94.22113505112004@news1.news.adelphia.net>, Paul <Oops@nowhere.com> wrote: > Apple released Mac OS X 10.3.6 today and it fixes the problem with > Expert fonts not displaying correctly. > > http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300080 There are some reports today on Adobe's InDesign forum of a few glitches with this update, e.g., some Firewire hard drives not recognized as existing. It might be prudent to wait for a bit on this one. Paul Harris Paul Harris <p.harris@wordworks.ca> wrote: > In article <Oops-FE5F94.22113505112004@news1.news.adelphia.net>, Paul > <Oops@nowhere.com> wrote: > > > Apple released Mac OS X 10.3.6 today and it fixes the problem with > > Expert fonts not displaying correctly. > > > > http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300080 > > > > There are some reports today on Adobe's InDesign forum of a few > glitches with this update...

Compiling fails on Mac OS X 10.5
Hi! I'm trying to compile on my Macbook with OS X 10.5. I have all updates and Xcode 3.0 installed. I checked python out with: svn checkout http://svn.python.org/projects/python/branches/py3k After that I did "./configure" in the created "py3k" dir. Everything went fine. But make fails with the following error message: ranlib libpython3.0.a gcc -u _PyMac_Error -o python.exe \ Modules/python.o \ libpython3.0.a -ldl make: *** [sharedmods] Error 1 I tried checking out many times. I also tried de 3.0a2 release,gives me the same error. I've heard others have co...

Bad link with Mac OS X 10.6
A friend presented the following problem. Consider this document === test.tex === \begin{filecontents*}{mybib.bib} @MANUAL{gregorio:orrori, AUTHOR={Gregorio, Enrico}, TITLE={Galleria degli orrori: Come maltrattare \LaTeX{} e rendere infelice un \emph{copy editor}}, YEAR={2003}, NOTE={\url{http://profs.sci.univr.it/~gregorio/orrori.pdf}} } \end{filecontents*} \documentclass{report} \usepackage{url} \begin{document} \bibliographystyle{plain} \bibliography{mybib} \nocite{*} \end{document} === and typeset it with pdflatex test; bibtex test; pdflatex t...

OS X 10.6 pip compile error
Hi all, how do i fix this? $ sudo pip install lightblue Downloading/unpacking lightblue Downloading lightblue-0.4.tar.gz (204Kb): 204Kb downloaded Running setup.py egg_info for package lightblue Installing collected packages: lightblue Running setup.py install for lightblue Build settings from command line: DEPLOYMENT_LOCATION = YES DSTROOT = / INSTALL_PATH = /Library/Frameworks === BUILD NATIVE TARGET LightAquaBlue OF PROJECT LightAquaBlue WITH CONFIGURATION Release === Check dependencies GCC 4.2 is not compatible with the Mac OS X 10.4 SDK (file BBBluetoothOBEXClient.m) GCC 4.2 is not compatible with the Mac OS X 10.4 SDK (file BBBluetoothOBEXClient.m) ** BUILD FAILED ** Successfully installed lightblue Cleaning up... ...

Web resources about - Compiling plan9port under Mac OS X 10.6 - comp.os.plan9

Cool tools for compiling to JavaScript
Every programmer has a favorite language or two. JavaScript lovers are the luckiest these days because their language is taking over the Internet ...

Feds put protest activity under microscope in compiling national 'risk forecast'
Use of social media, the spread of "citizen journalism," and the involvement of young people are among the key trends highlighted by a federal ...

10 Tips For Compiling A Deal Sheet
Compiling a deal sheet is a great way of taking stock of your experience and of seeing where your experience may be lacking.

Compiling 64-Bit Code
Describes the 64-bit features available in OS X.

Is there a benefit to compiling your code as you go?
Stack Exchange This Q&A is part of a weekly series of posts highlighting common questions encountered by technophiles and answered by users ...

6 cool tools for compiling to JavaScript
Every programmer has a favorite language or two. JavaScript lovers are the luckiest these days because their language is taking over the Internet ...

Compiling The Absurd Box Score For Space Jam ; Or, Shawn Bradley Sucked Against Cartoons, Too
This is Regressing, a numbers-minded column by our clever friends at the Harvard College Sports Analysis Collective. Over the next few days, ...

We're Compiling Every Police-Involved Shooting In America. Help Us.
The United States has no database of police shootings. There is no standardized process by which officers log when they've discharged their weapons ...

Flat UI Pro Tutorial: Setting and Compiling Using LESS
In this video tutorial, you use components from Flat UI Pro to create a complete simple mail app using LESS. He takes you through the steps to ...

Industrious 4chan user is compiling a list of every videogame ever made
... me to enter a few hundreds of games into my Backloggery account , and I haven't even finished it yet. Ambitious 4chan user Data_baser is compiling ...