copying text from PS/PDF files

Are there any clients like page(1) that allow me to select text from
a PS/PDF file? That's especially useful while reading Fransisco's
books :)
0
faifgnu (24)
6/6/2012 10:55:30 AM
comp.os.plan9 9252 articles. 2 followers. quanstro (3876) is leader. Post Follow

How to convert this ps file to a pdf file w/ searchable text? (pkfix-helper: No Type 3 fonts were encountered in the input file)
I try to use pkfix-helper to fix the pdf and then run ps2pdf on it. But I get the following error. Could you please let me know if there is any other way to generate a searchable pdf file? $pkfix-helper 0375.ps Reading 0375.ps ... done. Number of Type 3 fonts encountered: 0 pkfix-helper: No Type 3 fonts were encountered in the input file On May 13, 10:45=A0pm, Peng Yu <pengyu...@gmail.com> wrote: > I try to use pkfix-helper to fix the pdf and then run ps2pdf on it. > But I get the following error. Could you please let me know if there > is any other way to generate a searchab...

How to copy text from this pdf file?
Hi, It seems that there is some problem with this pdf, where the text can not be copied (ctrl-C in Acrobat)? citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.136.9289 Does anybody know if there is a software that can fix this pdf file so that the text can be copied? Regards, Peng Peng Yu schrieb in <news:10a6b406-cd8c-4671-a3c6-0a66ea7c0243@f11g2000yql.googlegroups.com> > It seems that there is some problem with this pdf, where the text can > not be copied (ctrl-C in Acrobat)? > > citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/summary?doi=10.1.1.136.9289 > > Does anybody know if th...

ANN: Fly Text to PDF

pdf file to text file ??
Hi....... All I am working on VC++ 6.0. In my application, I need to convert PDF file to text (ASCII) file format. Can I achieve this task without using PDF SDK. Is there any commandline EXE available that can perform such task.. Thanks in Advance. Kireet Gajera kireetgajera@gmail.com wrote: > I am working on VC++ 6.0. > > In my application, I need to convert PDF file to text (ASCII) file > format. > > Can I achieve this task without using PDF SDK. Yes. > Is there any commandline EXE available that can perform such task.. pdftotext in the xpdf package. Have a...

Can you call a specific page in a ps (or pdf) file from another ps file?
If so, what am I looking for in order to do this? Thanks. In article <MPG.1bbceca77ceade50989699@news.easynews.com>, s <you@me.com> wrote: >If so, what am I looking for in order to do this? PostScript Language Document Structuring Conventions http://partners.adobe.com/asn/developer/pdfs/tn/5001.DSC_Spec.pdf Encapsulated PostScript File Format Specification http://partners.adobe.com/asn/developer/pdfs/tn/5002.EPSF_Spec.pdf -- -- Rod -- rodd(at)polylogics(dot)com ...

code highlighting and copying text from PDF files
I asked 2 questions a couple of days ago but strangely not of them was published! So I'll try again but this time the topics are merged :) 1. How can I get C code highlighting to Sam or Acme? 2. Is there a client like page(1) that allows me to copy text from a PDF file? Very useful while reading Fransisco's books... > 2. Is there a client like page(1) that allows me to copy text from a > PDF file? Very useful while reading Fransisco's books... sadly, no. - erik --bcaec521599f21410b04c1ce6993 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 you could use ps2asc...

Preview suddenly can't handle PS filesYesterday, on my Powerbook running Tiger 10.4, Preview was able to open,and display both PS and PDF files. It handled PS files by popping up a little,window sayi
Yesterday, on my Powerbook running Tiger 10.4, Preview was able to open and display both PS and PDF files. It handled PS files by popping up a little window saying it was converting to PDF, but it worked. Today, Preview can handle PDF files, but not PS. When I tell it to open a PS file, it almost instantly displays a little popup window that says: File error. Couldn't open the file OK When I press the OK button, I get another small window that is entirely grey, except for the title bar that contains the file name (ending with .pdf...

[Half-off] How to get textboxes (text blocks) from ps/pdf files?
Hi! I need to get textboxes/textblocks from pdf files. I can convert them into ps. Is anyone knows about method, trick, routine to I can get the textboxes from ps or pdf? (Pythonic, COM, or command line solutions needed.) I need to redraw them into my application, and user can reorder them, and next I concat. every text to process it. I need these infos: x, y, w, h, text Example: page1 textbox1{x:100,y:100;w:600;h:27;text:"TextBox1 /xfc /xfa"} textbox2{x:100,y:180;w:600;h:27;text:"TextBox2"} page2 textbox1{x:100,y:100;w:600;h:27;text:"TextBox1"} textbox2{x:...

Making PS Files from PDF Files
Hello all together, I have Ghostscript 8.11 on a Windows 98 machine installed. Now I want to confert a PDF File into a PS file, so that I can print it from the Shell, without starting f.e. Adobe Acrobat Reader an print it from there. Do anyone know, what I must do to get a PS file or what to do to print it on a printer? Thank you and Bye Daniel Pomrehn ...

ps2pdf - one muti-page ps input file
hi Solaris 8, gs 8.00 Does anyone know how to output one pdf file per ps page of a multipage ps source file? Using a 2 page ps file(infile.ps), I've tried: ps2pdf -dFirstPage=1 -dLastPage=1 infile.ps page1.pdf %%[ ProductName: AFPL Ghostscript ]%% %%[Page: 1]%% %%[Page: 2]%% %%[LastPage]%% But the result is a single pdf file containing both pages. : -( Can anyone help? thanks ...

Print to ps file not pdf file
Hello, all! In Classic Mac OS, it was possible to print to a .ps (postscript) file instead of sending a document to a printer. In Mac OS X, it is now possible to print to a .pdf (Adobe portable document format) file instead of sending a document to a printer, but you can no longer print to a .ps file. The printer in our department (an HP Laserjet 8000 N) does not print ..pdf documents for some reason (network operator says it's something Adobe did wrong - not really the point of my post) but will still print ..ps files just fine. I am a math grad student, so the program I use mos...

ps2pdf - one muti-page ps input file
hi Solaris 8, gs 8.00 Does anyone know how to output one pdf file per ps page of a multipage ps source file? Using a 2 page ps file(infile.ps), I've tried: ps2pdf -dFirstPage=1 -dLastPage=1 infile.ps page1.pdf %%[ ProductName: AFPL Ghostscript ]%% %%[Page: 1]%% %%[Page: 2]%% %%[LastPage]%% But the result is a single pdf file containing both pages. : -( Can anyone help? thanks On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 04:46:07 GMT, tec wrote: > hi > > Solaris 8, gs 8.00 > > Does anyone know how to output one pdf file per ps page of a multipage > ps source file? > > Using a...

how i can extract text from the PDF files,power point files,Ms word files?
hi friends, i need to extract text from the power point files,word files,pdf files for my application.Is it possible to extract the text from the those files .If yes plz give solution to this problem.i would be thankful if u givve solution to this problem On 25 Oct 2005 23:10:44 -0700, "crazyprakash" <prince.prakash18@gmail.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said : >hi friends, > i need to extract text from the power point files,word >files,pdf files for my application.Is it possible to extract the text >from the th...

copying files OS X to OS 9
I have at times needed to copy files from my Powerbook with OS X to my 8600 with OS 9. The files are usually ones that originated from a third party, but don't need to go back to them. Not infrequently, the file names are too long to be supporteed by OS 9, and I get an error during the copying process, which then stops. Is there some way--a utility or somesuch--to have the file name automatically shortened during copying? I'm copying 100+ at a time, in multiple folders, so renaming them one by one is a PITA. -- to respond, change "spamless.invalid" with "optonli...

How to copy a HTML file into plain text file
I have a file named test.html, I used following command and copied as test.txt file from dos command shell. copy c:\test.html c:\test.txt The output file, "test.txt" is generated as text formatted file but all the HTML tags are existed around each line. If I use windows "file->save as" function and select to save as ".txt" format, this file is saved as plain text file without HTML tags. How can I save this file from dos command into text formatted (.txt) without HTML tags around ? >I have a file named test.html, I used following command a...

Copy files using filenames from text files
How can I do this???? I have the file "lista.txt", and this file have the next information: one.txt two.txt five.txt six.txt ------------------- This files exist in the same directory that "list.txt", I would like to copy this files to other directory Using Windows the batch file would be like this: for /f "tokens=*" %i in (list.txt) do copy "%i" destdir\ How can I do something like that in UNIX?? Best Regards altariamx2003@gmail.com ha escrito: > How can I do this???? > > I have the file "lista.txt", and th...

MAC OS v 7.6 can't run executable
Hello! I'm new to MAC systems. I have MAC OS v 7.6 US/3400 1.0 on powerbook 3400 series. I've got problems with installing software on it. I've downloaded software with complies with version 7 of MAC OS, it was in .bin files, I decompressed it with Stuffit (I did it on Windows), then I burnt it on CD, and inserted it into MAC, I see all files, but the problem is that MAC understands all files as text ones, and when I click on it, text editor is opened. Many files have no extension at all, but as I see, they are binary (i.e. they are executable). Some files have .rsrc extension....

PDF::API2
Hello All, I am new to PDF files so I don't really know if what I want to do is possible and how to use the PDF::API2 modules. I need to extract information from columns in a table ( I assume that PDF does not know anything about tables). What I was thinking of doing was finding the horizontal location of the header (I know what it should be), then extract all text that starts at that location. I have played around with the PDF::API2 module and read the 'Using PDF::API2 - The code' help page, however it doesn't show me how to extract information from an existing file. ...

PDF::API2
Hello All, I am new to PDF files so I don't really know if what I want to do is possible and how to use the PDF::API2 modules. I need to extract information from columns in a table ( I assume that PDF does not know anything about tables). What I was thinking of doing was finding the horizontal location of the header (I know what it should be), then extract all text that starts at that location. I have played around with the PDF::API2 module and read the 'Using PDF::API2 - The code' help page, however it doesn't show me how to extract information from an exi...

File::Copy::copy With File Handles
The documentation for File::Copy warns against using file handles as arguments: Note that passing in files as handles instead of names may lead to loss of information on some operating systems; it is recommended that you use file names whenever possible. Does this refer to handles created with the older FileHandle module (which is used in the module's synopsis), IO::Handle subclasses, or both? In either case what's the issue with handles that may lead to data loss? Quoth MaggotChild <hsomob1999@yahoo.com>: > The documentation for File::Copy warns agai...

Reading Text File, Text Scrolling and erase line from a text file
Hi , How can I Reading Text File, then Text Scrolling by means of keys "page UP" "page Down" and erase a specific line from a text file , when press "F2" key? Best Regards, Lidia from Poland -- ========================================= Pozdrawiam Lidiaa Lidiaa schrieb: > Hi , > > How can I Reading Text File, then Text Scrolling by means of > keys "page UP" "page Down" and erase a specific line from a text > file , when press "F2" key? > > ...

A PDF into a FM file then save as pdf... how to have alll the pages of the included pdf file
FM 7.2 We can import a complete PDF file as an object into a framemaker file. Then when we try to generate a pdf from this framemaker file, we have only the firts page of the pdf imported. Is there a method to import a pdf file and force FM to generate a pdf file with save as... with the complete pdf file inserted into the padf ? > We can import a complete PDF file as an object into a framemaker file. Then > when we try to generate a pdf from this framemaker file, we have only the > firts page of the pdf imported. > > Is there a method to import a pdf file...

Best way to combine .g3 files into one ps/pdf file
I am using mgetty/sendfax to receive faxes. By default, mgetty/sendfax stores received faxes as individual image files for each page so that a three page fax ends up as three separate .g3 files. I'd like to combine those .g3 files into one ps or pdf file. Any suggestions on the best way to do this? TIA, --Kamus ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.misc.] On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 11:27:56 -0500, Kamus of Kadizhar staggered into the Black Sun and said: > I am using mgetty/sendfax to receive faxes. By default, > mgetty/sendfax stores received faxes as individual image...

pdf files to text?
Hi Group, This isn't a scanner question per se, but if its too far off-topic maybe someone can point me to another group: Suppose one has a multi-page pdf file produced by scanning a text document. (That is, suppose the pdf is just a graphical representation of the original document.) Is there sofware available with which you can supply such a pdf file as input, and get as output a text translation? Thanks in advance. John Uebersax I know my old version of Adobe Acrobat 5 (full paid version, not just the reader) has an OCR module to it. I believe I had to downloa...

Web resources about - copying text from PS/PDF files - comp.os.plan9

Private copying levy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A private copying levy (also known as blank media tax or levy ) is a government -mandated scheme in which a special tax or levy (additional to ...

Zynga CEO Dispels Facebook Game Copying Accusations
... they are like the crew mechanic in our games. They give you a new way to interact with your friends. Zynga was also accused last week of copying ...

Showing Apple employee #8 some of my artifacts. He remembers manually copying the Star Wars cassettes ...
jurvetson posted a photo: He has a rig that fed eight recoding tape drives from one master, and he would manually copy eight tapes at a time ...

The Secret Pattern That Stops You Copying Bank Notes - YouTube
http://tomscott.com - @tomscott - There's a hidden pattern on banknotes, all around the world, that means photocopiers refuse to copy them.

CSAIL fixes software bugs automatically, in any language, by copying from safer applications
A new system can repair bugs in software using smart processing that imports functionality from other programs, all without access to source ...

Australia risks copying US 'ag-gag' laws to turn animal activists into terrorists
When Amy Meyer saw a sick cow being pushed by a bulldozer outside a slaughterhouse, she did what any of us would in this age of iPhones and Instagram ...

Hardware vendors sue Dutch government over copyright levies - regulation, legal, Dutch Home Copying Foundation ...
... on hard disks, smartphones, tablets and MP3 players that are meant to compensate the music and movie industries for losses caused by home copying. ...

Grace Jones slams Lady Gaga for copying her, describes her as soulless - The Courier-Mail Search Search ...
GRACE Jones has slammed Lady Gaga in a new interview, saying she didn’t “feel a soul” when she met the controversial pop star.

Iran claims to be copying US drone
CTV.ca Iran claims to be copying US drone Herald Sun AN IRANIAN military commander said the country is building a copy of a US spy drone captured ...

Ex-cop pleads guilty to copying sex video
A former officer has pleaded guilty to copying a private sex video he found on the mobile phone of a victim who came to police for help last ...