Help required: Warning treated as error

I am trying to build an application with DDK/SDK Wnet in which it is
giving a warning which i don't plan to solve. And the linker by default
is treating that warning as error and hence not building the
application.
I know that its possible to make the Compiler not to treat a warning as
error by setting the warning level but is it also possible with the
Linker in some way.

Thanks in Anticipation.

0
SoftEngi987
12/2/2004 4:37:21 AM
comp.os.programmer.win32 14523 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 1 Dec 2004 20:37:21 -0800, "SoftEngi987" <extramail987@yahoo.com>
wrote in comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32:

> I am trying to build an application with DDK/SDK Wnet in which it is
> giving a warning which i don't plan to solve. And the linker by default
> is treating that warning as error and hence not building the
> application.
> I know that its possible to make the Compiler not to treat a warning as
> error by setting the warning level but is it also possible with the
> Linker in some way.
>
> Thanks in Anticipation.

Can't say, not without a lot more information.  What is the linker
complaining about?  What is the error message?  What is the cause of
the error?  It might or might not be possible to do what you want, but
nobody will be able to tell you unless you are more specific.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

DDK 3790 does not support compiling the code with Microsoft Visual C++
Editor.

Its Release notes say that we can compile the code in the provided ddk
build environment. So I tried with that.

Initially while compiling it gave some warnings which it was treating
like errors. But there is an option available to avoid this by setting
the warning level.

But again, in linking the linker is treating some other linking warning
as error and I don't have any idea how to avoid it.

Also I don't know how to remove that warning as I am new to all this.
The warning is somewhat as follows -

advapi32.lib(ADVAPI32.dll) : warning LNK4237: /SUBSYSTEM:NATIVE
specified when importing from 'ADVAPI32.DLL';  Use /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE
or /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS.

I tried setting the above said subsystem to console. But the
"build" executable which is called to compile and link the
application automatically passes some default options to the "link"
executable which sets it back to native and I don't know how to stop
it from doing so.

I also tried compiling and linking separately but then linker was
unable to find the definitions of certain functions defined in
msvcrt.lib (got this information from msdn) even after including that
library while linking.

0
SoftEngi