how do i get windows minimization event in the child video window of windows media player

hi,
i am working on a rendering filter and my filter is used by the
windows media player. i need the windows minimization event WM_SIZE
with the flag SIZE_MINIMIZE to be received by my video window which
inturn will be received by the filter to do some internal processing.
My video window is a child window of the media player.

I am able to receive the WM_SIZE event with the flag SIZE_RESTORED
but not with the other flags namely SIZE_MAXIMIZED, SIZE_MAXSHOW,
SIZE_MINIMIZED, SIZE_MAXHIDE.

can any genius help me out regarding this.
thanking in antisipation
chidesh
0
chidesh
6/14/2004 4:54:52 AM
comp.os.programmer.win32 14523 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

"chidesh champawat" <chidesh.champawat@st.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> i am working on a rendering filter and my filter is used by the
> windows media player. i need the windows minimization event WM_SIZE
> with the flag SIZE_MINIMIZE to be received by my video window which
> inturn will be received by the filter to do some internal processing.
> My video window is a child window of the media player.
>
> I am able to receive the WM_SIZE event with the flag SIZE_RESTORED
> but not with the other flags namely SIZE_MAXIMIZED, SIZE_MAXSHOW,
> SIZE_MINIMIZED, SIZE_MAXHIDE.
>
> can any genius help me out regarding this.
> thanking in antisipation
> chidesh

Can you get WM_GETMINMAXINFO ? It's sent to a window
when the size is about to change, and you can override the
MINMAXINFO struct (ptr in lParam) for ultimate control.

Btw, SIZE_RESTORED means that neither SIZE_MAXIMIZED
nor SIZE_MINIMIZED applies.

0
Alan
6/14/2004 9:10:34 PM
"Alan Illeman" <illemann@surfbest.net> wrote in message news:<10cs52hqs8nq7c8@news.supernews.com>...
> "chidesh champawat" <chidesh.champawat@st.com> wrote in message
> > hi,
> > i am working on a rendering filter and my filter is used by the
> > windows media player. i need the windows minimization event WM_SIZE
> > with the flag SIZE_MINIMIZE to be received by my video window which
> > inturn will be received by the filter to do some internal processing.
> > My video window is a child window of the media player.
> >
> > I am able to receive the WM_SIZE event with the flag SIZE_RESTORED
> > but not with the other flags namely SIZE_MAXIMIZED, SIZE_MAXSHOW,
> > SIZE_MINIMIZED, SIZE_MAXHIDE.
> >
> > can any genius help me out regarding this.
> > thanking in antisipation
> > chidesh
>
> Can you get WM_GETMINMAXINFO ? It's sent to a window
> when the size is about to change, and you can override the
> MINMAXINFO struct (ptr in lParam) for ultimate control.
>
> Btw, SIZE_RESTORED means that neither SIZE_MAXIMIZED
> nor SIZE_MINIMIZED applies.

hi alan,
since i am working in wince there is no such message like wm_getminmaxinfo.
so now tell me what to try.
thanks and regards
chidesh
0
chidesh
6/20/2004 10:12:27 AM
> "Alan Illeman" <illemann@surfbest.net> wrote in message
> > "chidesh champawat" <chidesh.champawat@st.com> wrote in message
> > > hi,
> > > i am working on a rendering filter and my filter is used by the
> > > windows media player. i need the windows minimization event WM_SIZE
> > > with the flag SIZE_MINIMIZE to be received by my video window which
> > > inturn will be received by the filter to do some internal processing.
> > > My video window is a child window of the media player.
> > >
> > > I am able to receive the WM_SIZE event with the flag SIZE_RESTORED
> > > but not with the other flags namely SIZE_MAXIMIZED, SIZE_MAXSHOW,
> > > SIZE_MINIMIZED, SIZE_MAXHIDE.
> > >
> > > can any genius help me out regarding this.
> > > thanking in antisipation
> > > chidesh
> >
> > Can you get WM_GETMINMAXINFO ? It's sent to a window
> > when the size is about to change, and you can override the
> > MINMAXINFO struct (ptr in lParam) for ultimate control.
> >
> > Btw, SIZE_RESTORED means that neither SIZE_MAXIMIZED
> > nor SIZE_MINIMIZED applies.
>

> hi alan,
> since i am working in wince there is no such message like
wm_getminmaxinfo.
> so now tell me what to try.
> thanks and regards
> chidesh

Yes it's unsupported in CE. You could try a decent OS ;-)
(It's even supported in Win95!)

0
Alan