How to find Mail server and sender's mail id automatically ?

Hello there
How can I automatically detect mail server confiured on local machine
by programmtically ? Is there any way to find out mail server ! As well
as I want to find the mail address of sender automatically ( whihc is
configured for MS Outlook)
My aim is to send mail using one component. But I just don't want to
ask user to type mail server and his mail id ( From : --- ). My program
would automate this job, choose correct mail server and send the mail.

0
ajay
2/28/2005 7:12:52 AM
comp.os.programmer.win32 14523 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 27 Feb 2005 23:12:52 -0800, ajay.sonawane@gmail.com wrote:

>Hello there
>How can I automatically detect mail server confiured on local machine
>by programmtically ? Is there any way to find out mail server ! As well
>as I want to find the mail address of sender automatically ( whihc is
>configured for MS Outlook)
>My aim is to send mail using one component. But I just don't want to
>ask user to type mail server and his mail id ( From : --- ). My program
>would automate this job, choose correct mail server and send the mail.

Look up MAPI in MSDN. You can use the default server, and/or allow the
user to pick from the MAPI servers in the registry.

--
Sev
0

For Windows XP and 2000  -
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
Messaging
Subsystem\Profiles\Outlook\9375CFF0413111d3B88A00104B2A6676\00000002\Email

For Windows 9x -
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Messaging
Subsystem\Profiles\Outlook\9375CFF0413111d3B88A00104B2A6676\00000002\Email

This is registry key where Outlook stores the profile of user. You can
pick the value of Email to get the senders mail address.
Hope this would help to you.

0
ajay
3/9/2005 1:27:09 PM
On 9 Mar 2005 05:27:09 -0800, ajay.sonawane@gmail.com wrote:

>Well , I found the solution myself
>
>For Windows XP and 2000  -
>HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
>Messaging
>Subsystem\Profiles\Outlook\9375CFF0413111d3B88A00104B2A6676\00000002\Email
>

>For Windows 9x -
>HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Messaging
>Subsystem\Profiles\Outlook\9375CFF0413111d3B88A00104B2A6676\00000002\Email
>

>This is registry key where Outlook stores the profile of user. You can
>pick the value of Email to get the senders mail address.
>Hope this would help to you.

It is very sad and dangerous that your users use Outlook.

MAPI is a much more general approach to outgoing mail.

--
Sev
0