How to: Matroska (MKV) BLOCK (subtitle) decoding

Hello all,

I'm disassembling an MKV (Matroska) movie, and now have a part with the ID
"block" with S_VOBSUB subtitle-data in my hands.   Alas, I cannot match its
contents (beyond its header) to anything I on the web.

It starts with (beyond the blocks header containing the tracknumber,
timecode and a "Lacing" byte containing a Zero) two bytes (big endian)
containing the blocksize, two bytes (big endian) with a value somewhat
smaller, eight bytes zero and than ....  No idea, but it *should* be a
bitmap.

Does anyone know how to convert this above data into an actual bitmap ?

Regards,
Rudy Wieser

comp.os.programmer.win32 14523 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow