Can I make an extended partition in QNX (like Linux)?

Hi everyone.
I need your help..

I wonder that can I make an Extended partition in QNX.
I can make the type-5 partition with fdisk, but can't divide into
partitions.
(I can do that with Fdisk in Linux..make a primary partition, and make
extended partition then divide into several partitions.)

I want to mount some path name (/dev/navi) with an logical
partition(/dev/hd0t5 ?). please help..
0
hk79
3/28/2005 7:03:48 AM
comp.os.qnx 1402 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

JeonHK <hk79.jeon@samsung.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone.
> I need your help..
>
> I wonder that can I make an Extended partition in QNX.
> I can make the type-5 partition with fdisk, but can't divide into
> partitions.
> (I can do that with Fdisk in Linux..make a primary partition, and make
> extended partition then divide into several partitions.)

As you found out, you can't use QNX's fdisk but you can use
fdisk from Linux. Once you have a logical drives, you can mount
them in QNX. See more discussions at
http://www.openqnx.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t3212-.html

> I want to mount some path name (/dev/navi) with an logical
> partition(/dev/hd0t5 ?). please help..
0
Frank