DECnet IV configurator problem

Hello,

Why can't I enable the configurator?:

$ NCP SET MOD CONFIG KNOWN CIRC SURV ENA
%NCP-W-OPEFAI, Operation failure

%SYSTEM-F-LINKEXIT, network partner exited

Here's some info:

$ NCP SHOW KNOWN CIRC

Known Circuit Volatile Summary as of  4-NOV-2005 09:35:32

   Circuit          State                   Loopback     Adjacent
                                              Name      Routing Node

  DNIP-0-1          on                                1.144 (xxxxx)
  ISA-0             on

$ NCP SHOW KNOWN OBJ

Known Object Volatile Summary as of  4-NOV-2005 09:29:59

   Object   Number  File/PID                   User Id
Password

  $IPCACP        0  00000086
  $MOM           0
  $NICONFIG      0
  FTEXEDBM4      0  000000DE
  FTMSGMGR       0  000000D9
  FTUPDDBM1      0  00000102
  TASK           0                             ILLEGAL
DISABLED
  FAL           17  FAL.EXE
  HLD           18
  NML           19  NML.EXE                    NML$SERVER
EYIXAUBHA
  REMACP        23  000000A0
  MIRROR        25
  EVL           26  0000009F
  MAIL          27  MAIL_SERVER.EXE            MAIL$SERVER
CINKAIWUAJ
  PHONE         29  PHONE.EXE
  CTERM         42  000000A0
  VPM           51  VPM.EXE
  DTR           63

UAF> SHOW DECNET

Username: DECNET                           Owner:  DECNET DEFAULT
Account:  DECNET                           UIC:    [376,376] ([DECNET])
CLI:      DCL                              Tables: DCLTABLES
Default:  SYS$SPECIFIC:[DECNET]
LGICMD:   NL:
Flags:  Restricted
Primary days:   Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
Secondary days:                     Sat Sun
Primary   000000000011111111112222  Secondary 000000000011111111112222
Day Hours 012345678901234567890123  Day Hours 012345678901234567890123
Network:  ##### Full access ######            ##### Full access ######

thanks.

0
spamsink2001 (3130)
11/4/2005 2:37:47 PM
comp.os.vms 21304 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

AEF wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Why can't I enable the configurator?:
>
> $ NCP SET MOD CONFIG KNOWN CIRC SURV ENA
> %NCP-W-OPEFAI, Operation failure
>
> %SYSTEM-F-LINKEXIT, network partner exited
>
> Here's some info:
>
> $ NCP SHOW KNOWN CIRC
>

> Known Circuit Volatile Summary as of  4-NOV-2005 09:35:32
>
>    Circuit          State                   Loopback     Adjacent
>                                               Name      Routing Node
>
>   DNIP-0-1          on                                1.144 (xxxxx)
>   ISA-0             on
>
> $ NCP SHOW KNOWN OBJ
>

> Known Object Volatile Summary as of  4-NOV-2005 09:29:59
>
>    Object   Number  File/PID                   User Id
> Password
>
>   $IPCACP        0  00000086
>   $MOM           0
>   $NICONFIG      0
>   FTEXEDBM4      0  000000DE
>   FTMSGMGR       0  000000D9
>   FTUPDDBM1      0  00000102
>   TASK           0                             ILLEGAL
[...]
>   FAL           17  FAL.EXE
>   HLD           18
>   NML           19  NML.EXE                    NML$SERVER
[...]
>   REMACP        23  000000A0
>   MIRROR        25
>   EVL           26  0000009F
>   MAIL          27  MAIL_SERVER.EXE            MAIL$SERVER
[...]
>   PHONE         29  PHONE.EXE
>   CTERM         42  000000A0
>   VPM           51  VPM.EXE
>   DTR           63
>
> UAF> SHOW DECNET
>
> Username: DECNET                           Owner:  DECNET DEFAULT
> Account:  DECNET                           UIC:    [376,376] ([DECNET])
> CLI:      DCL                              Tables: DCLTABLES
> Default:  SYS$SPECIFIC:[DECNET]
> LGICMD:   NL:
> Flags:  Restricted
> Primary days:   Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
> Secondary days:                     Sat Sun
> Primary   000000000011111111112222  Secondary 000000000011111111112222
> Day Hours 012345678901234567890123  Day Hours 012345678901234567890123
> Network:  ##### Full access ######            ##### Full access ######
>
> thanks.

On other nodes I get a network login failure!:

NCP>SET MOD CONFIG KNOWN CIRC SURV ENA
%%%%%%%%%%%  OPCOM   9-NOV-2005 19:27:58.20  %%%%%%%%%%%
Message from user AUDIT$SERVER on MYSTERY_NODE
Security alarm (SECURITY) and security audit (SECURITY) on
MYSTERY_NODE, system id: MYSTERY_ID
Auditable event:          Network login failure
Event time:                9-NOV-2005 19:27:58.19
PID:                      000090AD
Process name:             $NICONFIG_245
[...]
Username:                 DECNET
Remote username:          MYSTERY_USER

%NCP-W-OPEFAI, Operation failure

%SYSTEM-F-INVLOGIN, login information invalid at remote node

I'm on the same node with all privs enabled. Why is a network login (to
VMS account DECNET) involved for this NCP command, but not for so many
others (well, at least most other commands actually succeed)?

What does it take to get this command to work?

thanks

0
spamsink2001 (3130)

Re: multinomial logistic regression
>>> "David L. Cassell" <cassell.david@EPAMAIL.EPA.GOV> 6/7/2005 2:22:14 PM >>> wrote <<< I think you need PROC SURVEYLOGISTIC instead. You could attack the problem as a hierarchical linear model, but I think you'd be a lot better off using a survey sampling tool when you have a survey sampling problem. You'll need SAS 9.1 . PROC SURVEYLOGISTIC isn't available before then. You'll also need to keep track of how many schools chosen out of the total, how many classes chosen out of the total for each school, how many students per class,...

strange networking problem
Hi, The is a Solaris server in my company running a intranet app on tomcat that sometime have problem with network connection. For a few second or minute all pc cannot access the server, one strange time is when ping for the server to the outside pc, all pc on the network can access. We have try using different cable, and network port but the same problem still occur from time to time. What is the likely cause of this problem? Thanks & Regards Robert Ngo robertncl@gmail.com wrote: > The is a Solaris server in my company running a intranet app on tomcat > that sometime have pro...

plz help me in configuring my modem
i have installed fedora two days ago. i have a internal modem(smartlink voice)56kbps. it came along with its cd . and there is also a driver installation option for linux. i don't know how to intall the driver.any body there plz guide me. ...

DE500, Decnet, VMS 6.2 on Alpha 800
I am trying to get DECnet up on a AlphaServer 800 running ancient VMS 6.2-1H3 with SRM v.5.6-16 I have installed ECO's: ALPCPU0d05_062 ALPCPU1A02_062 ALPCPU1B03_062 but not ALPLAN05_062 as it requires TCP/IP 4.2, which I don't have yet. Remote nodes have been defined with NCP. Both DE500 NICs were configured from the SRM with "set ewa0_mod fast". I am trying to talk to a couple of MicroVax's (VMS 5.2 and 5.4) which have no trouble communicating with each other over DECnet. On the DE500, 100 light glows yellow, link light is not lit. Connected to a Li...

Problems with FindRoot and recursive functions
Hello, I have a recursive function of the form >> x1[t_] := If[t < 0, {t, 1}, 0.5 + x1[t - 1]] which returns a list of length 2, and the first element has a root at t=0.5 >> In[3]:= x1[0.5] >> Out[3]= {0., 1.5} I want to use FindRoot to determine t0 such that x1[t0][[1]] == 0, so I use the following code >> FindRoot[x1[t][[1]] == 0, {t, 0.5}] to which Mathematica complains During evaluation of In[6]:= FindRoot::nlnum: The function value {False} is not a list of numbers with dimensions {1} at {t} = {0.5}. It would much appreciated if someon...

Problem: Jurabib authorformat=indexed Problem
Using the authorformat=indexed-function of jurabib one get's index entries like "M�ller, A. = M�ller, A., ..." This problem doesn't exist, when index entries are made "by hand" via \index{...}. The problem was already presented here several times - but nobody gave a solution. So I try it one more time, hoping that anybody can help me and others. Thank you in advance! E. Boeckenfoerde "Emil Boeckenfoerde" <e.boeckenfoerde@vr-web.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:952cfb03.0409200939.aaae81c@posting.google.com... > Using the authorformat=indexed-f...

Speakers in Houston; HP's got the problem
Hello Friends: Out on the 3000 NewsWire blog today we sum up the wide difference between HP's thinking and the 3000 community's. Today's Wall Street Journal brought news that HP's "data mining" to ouster board member George Keyworth for leaks to the press used a new tool - investigators pretending to be board members to get personal phone records of directors. The GHRUG, meanwhile, is giving 3000 conference speakers a week (or so) to get in paper proposals for "the only HP 3000 conference in North America." Have a look at our blog for our...

Update Multiple decnet databases
Hi, Does anyone have a command procedure to update new decnet addresses accross multiple decnet databases? Thanks! da2341@cedar.ca.sbc.com wrote: > > Hi, > > Does anyone have a command procedure to update new decnet > addresses accross multiple decnet databases? If it's a cluster, there's always SYSMAN where you can SET ENVIRONMENT/CLUSTER, then DO MCR NCP command... or DO @filespec. -- David J Dachtera dba DJE Systems http://www.djesys.com/ Unofficial OpenVMS Hobbyist Support Page: http://www.djesys.com/vms/support/ Unofficial Affordable OpenVMS Home Page: ht...

Presario Screen Problem
Hi, I have a Compaq Presario 1685 and I can barely see the anything on the screen. Is this a back light problem or worse. Bill ...

is it possible that instruction re-ordering cause problems?
hello, i've heard of something called instruction re-ordering which means some processors re-order the instructions in order to maximize speed. but i've also heard that sometimes this causes problems, especially while writing low level code like code of a kernel. now what i wonder is, is it possible that (instruction re-ordering) causes any problems while writing code with a high level language like c# or java? hayri ugur koltuk wrote: > > now what i wonder is, is it possible that (instruction re-ordering) > causes any problems while writing code with a high level langua...

configure apache
does anyone know or is there a way to determine what options were passed to configure when sun compilled apache for Solaris 9? I would assume they started with... configure --enable-layout=Solaris \ forgive me if this is obvious, I did look at server-info but didn't see it there. thanks david michaels david.michaels@uc.edu You can run the httpd executable directly with various command-line flags to tell you how it was configured. See the man page <michaedi@email.uc.edu> wrote: > does anyone know or is there a way to determine what options were > passed to configu...

Profile problem
We recently had one user use a computer that is primarily used by another user. When the primary user returned to the PC, they claimed that their settings were gone - all profile settings, no recently opened drawings were listed, and their customer toolbar had disappeared. We're using LDD2 and Windows 2000, and the Windows profiles are local (non-roaming). Is there anything we can/should be doing to protect the primary user's settings from being altered by someone temporarily using the PC? ...

increment problem
Hi, I am working on Monte Carlo Method with matlab, but I have some problems right now. This is about birth and death process but, in terms of Matlab, it won't be difficult for you guys. Please help me out. a=1; b=1; t=0; n=1; while t<20 & n>0 Tb=-log(rand)/(n*a); Td=-log(rand)/(n*b); if Tb<Td n=n+1; t=t+Tb; else n=n-1; t=t+Td; end end Plot(n,t) I am trying to plot how n changes as t grows from 0 to 20. The expected mean of n should be around 1. However, my answer only says n for 0. What is wrong with my Matlab code? On Friday, September 28, 2012 12:57:0...

results return problem for distributed calculation.
I am deploying distributed toolbox, running some code on markov chain on a cluster and also trying to return some output finally . But one stranged thing happened to me. Once the work is done, it is supposed to return a 10 dimensional array with element number equal to markov chain steps for each dimension. Before running the code officially, I tested two cases, one case is for steps N=20,000, and the other N=200,000, they both returned the expected results, ie. I got the array with size of [20,000 x10] and [200,000x10], respectively. However, while I changed the step number of chain to N=3,00...

internet sharing problem
Hi, I have a home network setup here. One pc is running win2000, the other one win98. Both pc's see each other, i can access both discs, but i can't share my internet connection (worked perfect till last week - till the network card from this pc got loose...) Can anybody tell me what might be the reason for this? And how gateway or dns works...I know I gave IP addresses last time, also dns & gateway, but can't get it to work anymore... On the pc running win98, the right protocols are installed, also the network card... thanks How were you sharing it b...

how to configure computer with 2 CPUs
I am using a computer with 2 CPUs, but I don't know how to configure it to take advantage of the 2 CPUs when running Matlab.Currently, I found nothing better than those computer with one cpu. On Fri, 14 May 2004 13:28:13 -0400, kingy wrote: > I am using a computer with 2 CPUs, but I don't know how to configure > it to take advantage of the 2 CPUs when running Matlab.Currently, I > found nothing better than those computer with one cpu. Of course. Matlab is single-threaded. There have been numerous discussions on this newsgroup on this subject. You can search groups.google...

Descending Order Problem
Hello everybody! I am completely lost with this. I am a newbie with Java and am stuck on how to change this file to descending order? import java.util.Random; public class BinarySearch { public static void main(String[] args) { // The first command line argument specifies the length of the data list. int n = Integer.parseInt(args[0]), searchValue, searchLoops = 0, foundLocation = -1, first = 0, last = n - 1, mid; // Create a data list of integers with n entries, with values in ascending order between and including 0 and n-1. int[] dataList = new int[n]; for (int i = 0; i ...

V5R3 install problems
I am having trouble installing licensed programs for V5R3 as part of our upgrade on a model 270 from V5R1 to V5R3. The system attention light has come on with a code of A9002001. Does anyone know which manual has the definitions for these codes? I believe this is the message you will get if you don't install the software installation PTF's and do not accept the licensing for those Licensed Program Products that you have on your box via automatic installation. Thomas Hauber wrote: > I am having trouble installing licensed programs for V5R3 as part of our > upgrade on a m...

volatile problem
suppose I have struct info { char name[100]; double ssn; long cc; }; volatile struct info buyer; struct info bought; .... bought = buyer; how can I work around this bug while having volatile qualification but ensuring data integrity? j0mbolar wrote: > suppose I have > > struct info { > char name[100]; > double ssn; > long cc; > }; > > volatile struct info buyer; > struct info bought; > > ... > > bought = buyer; > > how can I work around this bug while having > volatile qualif...

problem with use session
hello, i have problem with session, reading on the manual of php.net, i have understood that: PAGE1.PHP: session_start (); $_SESSION['myVar'] = myVarValue; and for read in: PAGE2.PHP session_start (); print $_SESSION['myVar']; should be display the value of myVar. Now, all this not work, someone explain me, where is my error? and correct me? Thanks you for help. Cooper. "Cooper" <cooper@blueware.it> schrieb: > PAGE1.PHP: > session_start (); > $_SESSION['myVar'] = myVarValue; > > and for read in: > > PAGE2.PHP >...

PC problem
I hope one of you Windows gurus can help me. My wife's PC has started acting extremely wonky over the last couple of days. This seems to have started when she downloaded the latest set up updates, etc from Microsoft last Tuesday, or thereabouts. Since then, the computer has been acting very strangely. First, she couldn't use Internet Explorer to connect to the Web. I was able to fix that by getting rid of some extra toolbars, etc., that she had installed. Next, she was unable to run MS Office XP, which gave her a dialog box saying one or more components is missing. I was able to fix th...

Re: (no subject) [W2k Master and BIND Slave AXFR Problem]
"Mike Carly" <starmunger@hotmail.co.uk> wrote: >I'm having problems with Bind 9.3.1 acting as a slave with a Windows Server >2003 master > >I've spent the last few days trawling through google and archives without >much luck (for some bizarre reason most sites assume i'm upgrading to >Microsoft not integrating with!), so am posting here now in the hope that >someone can offer a pointer. > >The problem is that when I request that bind makes a new zone transfer >(AXFR), it doesn't always happen. The same problem occur...

RH9 and gcc version problem
Hi, Not sure if this is the appropriate group to post this question so please bare with me. I am running RH9.0 with the stock gcc compiler 3.2.2-5. Other related libraries already upgraded are: glibc-common-2.3.2-27.9.7 glibc-devel-2.3.2-27.9.7 glibc-2.3.2-27.9.7 Now that I find out this gcc version (3.2.2-5) breaks some of my programs, I would like to upgrade the compiler to 3.3.2 (current release version). How do I go about it? Do I need to completely uninstall the old compiler and install the new one, or is there a way to just upgrade it? I already found ...

netLib problems? Memory problems? File opening fails...
I have two boards in my VME chassis, both running VxWorks. Board A has a flash card with a DOS file system on it, and it boots from there, booting VxWorks 5.4 from /pc0/VXWORKS and /pc0/VXWORKS.SYM. I also have set up a RAM disk on Board A, where I put files in RAM on the DOS-formatted virtual disk, so that when the board is powered off, the disk goes away. Board B, also running VxWorks, boots over the network from Board A, from a subdirectory on the flash card: /pc0/BOARDB/VXWORKS. My problem is with Board B. It boots fine from the flash card, and it generally can access the RAM dis...

Global Temporary Table Scalability Problem
Hi, We have a complex stored procedure that runs slowly under large volumes of data. After profiling and testing, I found that the use of a single global temporary table (i.e. one w/ only 5 records) caused the problem and that if I replaced the temp table with a permanent table, the results improved dramatically. (20-50x). Some more info: the procedure in question receives as one of its params a comma-delimited-list of "principal Ids". This list is usually very short (1-6 entries). The procedure parses the list and populates a 1field/1key temp table. The procedure then uses that t...