f



MMJ cables

This post probably belongs in comp.sys.dec but that group now carries
more traffic concerning watches than DEC hardware so I'm posting here
in c.o.v.
Last weekend I rearranged my VAXes and Alpha's because I want to try
an run as many as possible at the same time. They're now all wired to
mains power and the network. The problem is connecting to the
console.
I use two pc's (old Compaq machines with DEC keyboards), each has
three additional serial cards which means that they can handle 16
systems directly. The other VAXes are daisy chained (TTA2-to-OPA0).
The Alpha's use an HP DB9-to-DB9 cable that comes with their procurve
switches and that works fine.
The VAXes are MMJ only. Most of them are VAXstations BTW (4000-60,
-90A and a VLC) configured for a serial console. The pc interfaces are
fitted with H8571-J connectors, the problem is finding MMJ cables.
I have connectors and wire but no tool to fix the connector to the
flatcable.
What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
connectors?
Hans
0
hvlems (930)
11/25/2008 9:23:03 AM
comp.os.vms 21795 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

33 Replies
832 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 9

In article <7d79f039-00ea-4bba-bffa-bb5642869596@v4g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>, H Vlems <hvlems@freenet.de> writes:
>What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
>connectors?

All I can see on the tool I have is:
 FOR 6 COND
 PAT PENDING
 148364-USA
 64-42508-
     JAPAN
 75209564-
    TAIWAN

Regards,
   Christoph Gartmann

P.S.: I don't need it anymore, so I am willing to give it away....
-- 
 Max-Planck-Institut fuer      Phone   : +49-761-5108-464   Fax: -80464
 Immunbiologie
 Postfach 1169                 Internet: gartmann@immunbio dot mpg dot de
 D-79011  Freiburg, Germany
               http://www.immunbio.mpg.de/home/menue.html
0
gartmann3 (396)
11/25/2008 10:10:45 AM
In article <7d79f039-00ea-4bba-bffa-bb5642869596@v4g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>, H Vlems <hvlems@freenet.de> writes:
>This post probably belongs in comp.sys.dec but that group now carries
>more traffic concerning watches than DEC hardware so I'm posting here
>in c.o.v.
>Last weekend I rearranged my VAXes and Alpha's because I want to try
>an run as many as possible at the same time. They're now all wired to
>mains power and the network. The problem is connecting to the
>console.
>I use two pc's (old Compaq machines with DEC keyboards), each has
>three additional serial cards which means that they can handle 16
>systems directly. The other VAXes are daisy chained (TTA2-to-OPA0).
>The Alpha's use an HP DB9-to-DB9 cable that comes with their procurve
>switches and that works fine.
>The VAXes are MMJ only. Most of them are VAXstations BTW (4000-60,
>-90A and a VLC) configured for a serial console. The pc interfaces are
>fitted with H8571-J connectors, the problem is finding MMJ cables.
>I have connectors and wire but no tool to fix the connector to the
>flatcable.
>What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
>connectors?
>Hans

I may have an old MMJ specific crimper here somewhere.  I purchased on
with interchangeable dies for the various modular plug configurations
as well as myriad coax and other connectors and thus, retired the old
MMJ only crimper.  If you can't find one, I may be willing to ship my
old one to you.  

-- 
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker      VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM

.... pejorative statements of opinion are entitled to constitutional protection
no matter how extreme, vituperous, or vigorously expressed they may be. (NJSC)

Copr. 2008 Brian Schenkenberger.  Publication of _this_ usenet article outside
of usenet _must_ include its contents in its entirety including this copyright
notice, disclaimer and quotations.
0
VAXman
11/25/2008 12:23:26 PM
H Vlems wrote:
> This post probably belongs in comp.sys.dec but that group now carries
> more traffic concerning watches than DEC hardware so I'm posting here
> in c.o.v.
> Last weekend I rearranged my VAXes and Alpha's because I want to try
> an run as many as possible at the same time. They're now all wired to
> mains power and the network. The problem is connecting to the
> console.
> I use two pc's (old Compaq machines with DEC keyboards), each has
> three additional serial cards which means that they can handle 16
> systems directly. The other VAXes are daisy chained (TTA2-to-OPA0).
> The Alpha's use an HP DB9-to-DB9 cable that comes with their procurve
> switches and that works fine.
> The VAXes are MMJ only. Most of them are VAXstations BTW (4000-60,
> -90A and a VLC) configured for a serial console. The pc interfaces are
> fitted with H8571-J connectors, the problem is finding MMJ cables.
> I have connectors and wire but no tool to fix the connector to the
> flatcable.
> What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
> connectors?
> Hans

An AMP 2-231652-0 crimp tool.  You need to purchase the correct set(s) 
of crimp dies.  You can crimp 10/100-Base-T Ethernet, MMJ, and half a 
dozen other things with this tool and the proper dies.

There may be a tool that does ONLY MMJ but I've never seen one.
0
rgilbert88 (4439)
11/25/2008 3:30:46 PM
On 2008-11-25, H Vlems <hvlems@freenet.de> wrote:
> What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
> connectors?

You might also look into what some of the folks that make their own Lego
Mindstorms NXT cables are doing. Like MMJ, the NXT cables use a modular
plug with an offset clip. However, the NXT cables have only six
conductors (I'm pretty sure MMJ cables have eight conductors, but don't
have one right in front of me at the moment).

Here's a page describing how one person modified his/her/its RJ12 crimp
tool to accommodate NXT cables:

http://www.philohome.com/crimp/crimp.htm
-- 
roger ivie
rivie@ridgenet.net
0
rivie (670)
11/25/2008 4:33:45 PM
Roger Ivie wrote:

>(I'm pretty sure MMJ cables have eight conductors,...

6

http://www.lammertbies.nl/comm/cable/dec-mmj.html
0
11/25/2008 4:40:22 PM
In article <slrngioa79.4e8.rivie@stench.no.domain>, Roger Ivie <rivie@ridgenet.net> writes:
>On 2008-11-25, H Vlems <hvlems@freenet.de> wrote:
>> What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
>> connectors?
>
>You might also look into what some of the folks that make their own Lego
>Mindstorms NXT cables are doing. Like MMJ, the NXT cables use a modular
>plug with an offset clip. However, the NXT cables have only six
>conductors (I'm pretty sure MMJ cables have eight conductors, but don't
>have one right in front of me at the moment).

MMJs have 6.

-- 
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker      VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM

.... pejorative statements of opinion are entitled to constitutional protection
no matter how extreme, vituperous, or vigorously expressed they may be. (NJSC)

Copr. 2008 Brian Schenkenberger.  Publication of _this_ usenet article outside
of usenet _must_ include its contents in its entirety including this copyright
notice, disclaimer and quotations.
0
VAXman
11/25/2008 5:15:41 PM
VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:

> MMJs have 6.

Since the clip is on one side of the plug, does the fact that you are
left-handed make it harder for you to handle those plugs ? :-) :-) :-) ;-)

Did you ever request that DEC make left-handed MMJ connectors ? :-)
0
11/25/2008 5:41:42 PM
On 25 nov, 11:10, gartm...@nonsense.immunbio.mpg.de (Christoph
Gartmann) wrote:
> In article <7d79f039-00ea-4bba-bffa-bb5642869...@v4g2000yqa.googlegroups.=
com>, H Vlems <hvl...@freenet.de> writes:
>
> >What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
> >connectors?
>
> All I can see on the tool I have is:
> =A0FOR 6 COND
> =A0PAT PENDING
> =A0148364-USA
> =A064-42508-
> =A0 =A0 =A0JAPAN
> =A075209564-
> =A0 =A0 TAIWAN
>
> Regards,
> =A0 =A0Christoph Gartmann
>
> P.S.: I don't need it anymore, so I am willing to give it away....
> --
> =A0Max-Planck-Institut fuer =A0 =A0 =A0Phone =A0 : +49-761-5108-464 =A0 F=
ax: -80464
> =A0Immunbiologie
> =A0Postfach 1169 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Internet: gartmann@immun=
bio dot mpg dot de
> =A0D-79011 =A0Freiburg, Germany
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0http://www.immunbio.mpg.de/home/menue.html

Christoph,
that's an offer I cannot refuse :-)
Can you mail me at hvlems-at-zonnet-dot-nl ?
If Freiburg is not too far away I can collect it.
Hans
0
hvlems (930)
11/25/2008 6:01:02 PM
In article <001b6fab$0$6665$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com>, JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@vaxination.ca> writes:
>VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
>
>> MMJs have 6.
>
>Since the clip is on one side of the plug, does the fact that you are
>left-handed make it harder for you to handle those plugs ? :-) :-) :-) ;-)
>
>Did you ever request that DEC make left-handed MMJ connectors ? :-)

Not at all JF.  The clip is on the left.

-- 
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker      VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM

.... pejorative statements of opinion are entitled to constitutional protection
no matter how extreme, vituperous, or vigorously expressed they may be. (NJSC)

Copr. 2008 Brian Schenkenberger.  Publication of _this_ usenet article outside
of usenet _must_ include its contents in its entirety including this copyright
notice, disclaimer and quotations.
0
VAXman
11/25/2008 6:14:47 PM
On 25 nov, 18:15, VAXman-  @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
> In article <slrngioa79.4e8.ri...@stench.no.domain>, Roger Ivie <ri...@rid=
genet.net> writes:
> >On 2008-11-25, H Vlems <hvl...@freenet.de> wrote:
> >> What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
> >> connectors?
>
> >You might also look into what some of the folks that make their own Lego
> >Mindstorms NXT cables are doing. Like MMJ, the NXT cables use a modular
> >plug with an offset clip. However, the NXT cables have only six
> >conductors (I'm pretty sure MMJ cables have eight conductors, but don't
> >have one right in front of me at the moment).
>
> MMJs have 6.
>
> --
> VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker =A0 =A0 =A0VAXman(at)TME=
SIS(dot)COM
>
> ... pejorative statements of opinion are entitled to constitutional prote=
ction
> no matter how extreme, vituperous, or vigorously expressed they may be. (=
NJSC)
>
> Copr. 2008 Brian Schenkenberger. =A0Publication of _this_ usenet article =
outside
> of usenet _must_ include its contents in its entirety including this copy=
right
> notice, disclaimer and quotations.

Thank you very much for the offer Brian. But Christoph is nearby so
I'll try to make a deal with him
(like buying him a beer :-).
Hans
0
hvlems (930)
11/25/2008 6:15:35 PM
In article
<34d91376-c81d-4890-95f6-32d4c7039501@x14g2000yqk.googlegroups.com>, H
Vlems <hvlems@freenet.de> writes: 

> Christoph,
> that's an offer I cannot refuse :-)
> Can you mail me at hvlems-at-zonnet-dot-nl ?
> If Freiburg is not too far away I can collect it.
> Hans

There are several Freiburgs in Germany.  There is a small one in 
northern Germany, closer to you, but Christoph is in the far southwest 
of Germany.

0
helbig (5064)
11/25/2008 6:17:43 PM
In article <gghfg7$1ri$2@online.de>,
	helbig@astro.multiCLOTHESvax.de (Phillip Helbig---remove CLOTHES to reply) writes:
> In article
> <34d91376-c81d-4890-95f6-32d4c7039501@x14g2000yqk.googlegroups.com>, H
> Vlems <hvlems@freenet.de> writes: 
> 
>> Christoph,
>> that's an offer I cannot refuse :-)
>> Can you mail me at hvlems-at-zonnet-dot-nl ?
>> If Freiburg is not too far away I can collect it.
>> Hans
> 
> There are several Freiburgs in Germany.  There is a small one in 
> northern Germany, closer to you, but Christoph is in the far southwest 
> of Germany.
 
Freiburg im Breisgau.  Beautiful city.  Really nice sports club (Die
Turnerschaft).  And decent skiing, too.  Of course, for me that was
almost 40 years ago.  :-)

bill

-- 
Bill Gunshannon          |  de-moc-ra-cy (di mok' ra see) n.  Three wolves
billg999@cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |
Scranton, Pennsylvania   |         #include <std.disclaimer.h>   
0
billg999 (2588)
11/25/2008 6:35:12 PM
In article <slrngioa79.4e8.rivie@stench.no.domain>,
	Roger Ivie <rivie@ridgenet.net> writes:
> On 2008-11-25, H Vlems <hvlems@freenet.de> wrote:
>> What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
>> connectors?
> 
> You might also look into what some of the folks that make their own Lego
> Mindstorms NXT cables are doing. Like MMJ, the NXT cables use a modular
> plug with an offset clip. However, the NXT cables have only six
> conductors (I'm pretty sure MMJ cables have eight conductors, but don't
> have one right in front of me at the moment).

MMJ is 6.  Do Lego's ise MMJ connectors?  Might be a good source if they
do.

bill

-- 
Bill Gunshannon          |  de-moc-ra-cy (di mok' ra see) n.  Three wolves
billg999@cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |
Scranton, Pennsylvania   |         #include <std.disclaimer.h>   
0
billg999 (2588)
11/25/2008 6:36:59 PM
In article <slrngioa79.4e8.rivie@stench.no.domain>,
	Roger Ivie <rivie@ridgenet.net> writes:
> On 2008-11-25, H Vlems <hvlems@freenet.de> wrote:
>> What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
>> connectors?
> 
> You might also look into what some of the folks that make their own Lego
> Mindstorms NXT cables are doing. Like MMJ, the NXT cables use a modular
> plug with an offset clip. However, the NXT cables have only six
> conductors (I'm pretty sure MMJ cables have eight conductors, but don't
> have one right in front of me at the moment).
> 
> Here's a page describing how one person modified his/her/its RJ12 crimp
> tool to accommodate NXT cables:
> 
> http://www.philohome.com/crimp/crimp.htm

And I just compared them.  NXT has the tab offset to the opposite side as
MMJ.  Unbelievable!!!

bill

-- 
Bill Gunshannon          |  de-moc-ra-cy (di mok' ra see) n.  Three wolves
billg999@cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |
Scranton, Pennsylvania   |         #include <std.disclaimer.h>   
0
billg999 (2588)
11/25/2008 6:41:40 PM
In article <5b554074-e940-4a8c-baf7-e0832df69c93@t11g2000yqg.googlegroups.com>, H Vlems <hvlems@freenet.de> writes:
>On 25 nov, 18:15, VAXman-  @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
>> In article <slrngioa79.4e8.ri...@stench.no.domain>, Roger Ivie <ri...@rid=
>genet.net> writes:
>> >On 2008-11-25, H Vlems <hvl...@freenet.de> wrote:
>> >> What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
>> >> connectors?
>>
>> >You might also look into what some of the folks that make their own Lego
>> >Mindstorms NXT cables are doing. Like MMJ, the NXT cables use a modular
>> >plug with an offset clip. However, the NXT cables have only six
>> >conductors (I'm pretty sure MMJ cables have eight conductors, but don't
>> >have one right in front of me at the moment).
>>
>> MMJs have 6.
>>
>> --
>> VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker =A0 =A0 =A0VAXman(at)TME=
>SIS(dot)COM
>>
>> ... pejorative statements of opinion are entitled to constitutional prote=
>ction
>> no matter how extreme, vituperous, or vigorously expressed they may be. (=
>NJSC)
>>
>> Copr. 2008 Brian Schenkenberger. =A0Publication of _this_ usenet article =
>outside
>> of usenet _must_ include its contents in its entirety including this copy=
>right
>> notice, disclaimer and quotations.
>
>Thank you very much for the offer Brian. But Christoph is nearby so
>I'll try to make a deal with him
>(like buying him a beer :-).

I would have accepted the same but I'm not sure what ftp mode you'd use
to send a beer.

-- 
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker      VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM

.... pejorative statements of opinion are entitled to constitutional protection
no matter how extreme, vituperous, or vigorously expressed they may be. (NJSC)

Copr. 2008 Brian Schenkenberger.  Publication of _this_ usenet article outside
of usenet _must_ include its contents in its entirety including this copyright
notice, disclaimer and quotations.
0
VAXman
11/25/2008 7:02:13 PM
Christoph Gartmann wrote:

(someone wrote)

>>What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
>>connectors?

> All I can see on the tool I have is:
>  FOR 6 COND
>  PAT PENDING
>  148364-USA
>  64-42508-
>      JAPAN
>  75209564-
>     TAIWAN

Is the MMJ connector the same one that is used for the smart antenna

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CEA-909

used for digital television?  That should make the connectors
a little more popular and easier to find.

-- glen

0
gah (12851)
11/25/2008 7:02:36 PM
In article <6p2v74F66mlkU4@mid.individual.net>, billg999@cs.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon) writes:
>In article <slrngioa79.4e8.rivie@stench.no.domain>,
>	Roger Ivie <rivie@ridgenet.net> writes:
>> On 2008-11-25, H Vlems <hvlems@freenet.de> wrote:
>>> What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
>>> connectors?
>> 
>> You might also look into what some of the folks that make their own Lego
>> Mindstorms NXT cables are doing. Like MMJ, the NXT cables use a modular
>> plug with an offset clip. However, the NXT cables have only six
>> conductors (I'm pretty sure MMJ cables have eight conductors, but don't
>> have one right in front of me at the moment).
>> 
>> Here's a page describing how one person modified his/her/its RJ12 crimp
>> tool to accommodate NXT cables:
>> 
>> http://www.philohome.com/crimp/crimp.htm
>
>And I just compared them.  NXT has the tab offset to the opposite side as
>MMJ.  Unbelievable!!!

More left-handed bias! :P

-- 
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker      VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM

.... pejorative statements of opinion are entitled to constitutional protection
no matter how extreme, vituperous, or vigorously expressed they may be. (NJSC)

Copr. 2008 Brian Schenkenberger.  Publication of _this_ usenet article outside
of usenet _must_ include its contents in its entirety including this copyright
notice, disclaimer and quotations.
0
VAXman
11/25/2008 7:04:34 PM
VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:

> I would have accepted the same but I'm not sure what ftp mode you'd use
> to send a beer.
> 

Instead of TYPE ASCII or TYPE BINARY, you use TYPE LIQUID , it should
work without problems, but you might lose some attributes such as
"fizzyness" (just as binary transfers may lose some VMS file attributes)

You can then SET BEER/ATTR=(type=fizzy,bubble=Co2,density=34) to restore
the attributes. (For guiness, the bubble may require a list type
argument since as I recall, it is a mixture of gases).
0
11/25/2008 7:51:28 PM
Hans,

I'd be happy to make some cables up for you any length you require and
ship them out in exchange for the same number of MMJ connectors
shipped back the other way.

If you want to take up the offer email me at: mark _at_ wickensonline
dot co dot uk.

Regards, Mark
0
mark525 (244)
11/25/2008 8:07:39 PM
In article <6p2ur0F66mlkU2@mid.individual.net>, billg999@cs.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon) writes:
>Freiburg im Breisgau.  Beautiful city.  Really nice sports club (Die
>Turnerschaft).  And decent skiing, too.  Of course, for me that was
>almost 40 years ago.  :-)

It is still the same (but a lot more tourists). That's why I am here ;-)

Regards,
   Christoph Gartmann

-- 
 Max-Planck-Institut fuer      Phone   : +49-761-5108-464   Fax: -80464
 Immunbiologie
 Postfach 1169                 Internet: gartmann@immunbio dot mpg dot de
 D-79011  Freiburg, Germany
               http://www.immunbio.mpg.de/home/menue.html
0
gartmann3 (396)
11/25/2008 8:35:24 PM
On 25 nov, 19:17, hel...@astro.multiCLOTHESvax.de (Phillip Helbig---
remove CLOTHES to reply) wrote:
> In article
> <34d91376-c81d-4890-95f6-32d4c7039...@x14g2000yqk.googlegroups.com>, H
>
> Vlems <hvl...@freenet.de> writes:
> > Christoph,
> > that's an offer I cannot refuse :-)
> > Can you mail me at hvlems-at-zonnet-dot-nl ?
> > If Freiburg is not too far away I can collect it.
> > Hans
>
> There are several Freiburgs in Germany. =A0There is a small one in
> northern Germany, closer to you, but Christoph is in the far southwest
> of Germany.

Hi Phillip, yes I figured that out based on the postal code. Freiburg
is about 350 kms away,
so it is doable in one day. A month earlier I wouldn't have hesitated
but I went to
Metz recently and the weather turned pretty bad. I like driving, but
not with snow on the road.
Too dangerous.
Hans
0
hvlems (930)
11/26/2008 8:14:59 AM
On 25 nov, 20:02, VAXman-  @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
> In article <5b554074-e940-4a8c-baf7-e0832df69...@t11g2000yqg.googlegroups=
..com>, H Vlems <hvl...@freenet.de> writes:
>
>
>
>
>
> >On 25 nov, 18:15, VAXman- =A0@SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
> >> In article <slrngioa79.4e8.ri...@stench.no.domain>, Roger Ivie <ri...@=
rid=3D
> >genet.net> writes:
> >> >On 2008-11-25, H Vlems <hvl...@freenet.de> wrote:
> >> >> What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
> >> >> connectors?
>
> >> >You might also look into what some of the folks that make their own L=
ego
> >> >Mindstorms NXT cables are doing. Like MMJ, the NXT cables use a modul=
ar
> >> >plug with an offset clip. However, the NXT cables have only six
> >> >conductors (I'm pretty sure MMJ cables have eight conductors, but don=
't
> >> >have one right in front of me at the moment).
>
> >> MMJs have 6.
>
> >> --
> >> VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker =3DA0 =3DA0 =3DA0VAXm=
an(at)TME=3D
> >SIS(dot)COM
>
> >> ... pejorative statements of opinion are entitled to constitutional pr=
ote=3D
> >ction
> >> no matter how extreme, vituperous, or vigorously expressed they may be=
.. (=3D
> >NJSC)
>
> >> Copr. 2008 Brian Schenkenberger. =3DA0Publication of _this_ usenet art=
icle =3D
> >outside
> >> of usenet _must_ include its contents in its entirety including this c=
opy=3D
> >right
> >> notice, disclaimer and quotations.
>
> >Thank you very much for the offer Brian. But Christoph is nearby so
> >I'll try to make a deal with him
> >(like buying him a beer :-).
>
> I would have accepted the same but I'm not sure what ftp mode you'd use
> to send a beer.
>
> --
> VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker =A0 =A0 =A0VAXman(at)TME=
SIS(dot)COM
>
> ... pejorative statements of opinion are entitled to constitutional prote=
ction
> no matter how extreme, vituperous, or vigorously expressed they may be. (=
NJSC)
>
> Copr. 2008 Brian Schenkenberger. =A0Publication of _this_ usenet article =
outside
> of usenet _must_ include its contents in its entirety including this copy=
right
> notice, disclaimer and quotations.- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet=
 weergeven -
>
> - Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -

Can't offer you the real thing but would have sent you a postcard of
the Bavaria breweries, near to where I live.
0
hvlems (930)
11/26/2008 8:19:34 AM
Richard B. Gilbert skrev:
> H Vlems wrote:
>> This post probably belongs in comp.sys.dec but that group now carries
>> more traffic concerning watches than DEC hardware so I'm posting here
>> in c.o.v.
>> Last weekend I rearranged my VAXes and Alpha's because I want to try
>> an run as many as possible at the same time. They're now all wired to
>> mains power and the network. The problem is connecting to the
>> console.
>> I use two pc's (old Compaq machines with DEC keyboards), each has
>> three additional serial cards which means that they can handle 16
>> systems directly. The other VAXes are daisy chained (TTA2-to-OPA0).
>> The Alpha's use an HP DB9-to-DB9 cable that comes with their procurve
>> switches and that works fine.
>> The VAXes are MMJ only. Most of them are VAXstations BTW (4000-60,
>> -90A and a VLC) configured for a serial console. The pc interfaces are
>> fitted with H8571-J connectors, the problem is finding MMJ cables.
>> I have connectors and wire but no tool to fix the connector to the
>> flatcable.
>> What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
>> connectors?
>> Hans
> 
> An AMP 2-231652-0 crimp tool.  You need to purchase the correct set(s) 
> of crimp dies.  You can crimp 10/100-Base-T Ethernet, MMJ, and half a 
> dozen other things with this tool and the proper dies.
> 
> There may be a tool that does ONLY MMJ but I've never seen one.

I have one.
No idea who made it. Just a bunch of numbers, but no manufacturers name on it.

	Johnny

-- 
Johnny Billquist                  || "I'm on a bus
                                   ||  on a psychedelic trip
email: bqt@softjar.se             ||  Reading murder books
pdp is alive!                     ||  tryin' to stay hip" - B. Idol
0
bqt (124)
11/26/2008 10:56:05 AM
In article <19e0367c-d723-4413-85de-38253bdb4470@w35g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>, H Vlems <hvlems@freenet.de> writes:
>{...snip...}
>
>Can't offer you the real thing but would have sent you a postcard of
>the Bavaria breweries, near to where I live.

:D

One Deutschlander COVer who I haven't seen here in close to a dog's age
was happy with some help I'd given him and he shipped me a package of 6
assorted German beers.  I wouldn't have expected you to do the same.

-- 
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker      VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM

.... pejorative statements of opinion are entitled to constitutional protection
no matter how extreme, vituperous, or vigorously expressed they may be. (NJSC)

Copr. 2008 Brian Schenkenberger.  Publication of _this_ usenet article outside
of usenet _must_ include its contents in its entirety including this copyright
notice, disclaimer and quotations.
0
VAXman
11/26/2008 11:35:12 AM
In article <60fa9ef2-5ab0-4ccd-8a64-0b43ab4a89f3@t3g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
	H Vlems <hvlems@freenet.de> writes:
> On 25 nov, 19:17, hel...@astro.multiCLOTHESvax.de (Phillip Helbig---
> remove CLOTHES to reply) wrote:
>> In article
>> <34d91376-c81d-4890-95f6-32d4c7039...@x14g2000yqk.googlegroups.com>, H
>>
>> Vlems <hvl...@freenet.de> writes:
>> > Christoph,
>> > that's an offer I cannot refuse :-)
>> > Can you mail me at hvlems-at-zonnet-dot-nl ?
>> > If Freiburg is not too far away I can collect it.
>> > Hans
>>
>> There are several Freiburgs in Germany. �There is a small one in
>> northern Germany, closer to you, but Christoph is in the far southwest
>> of Germany.
> Hi Phillip, yes I figured that out based on the postal code. Freiburg
> is about 350 kms away,
> so it is doable in one day. A month earlier I wouldn't have hesitated
> but I went to
> Metz recently and the weather turned pretty bad. I like driving, but
> not with snow on the road.
> Too dangerous.

Would make a great day trip on the Bahn.  A ticket is probably cheaper
than the gas to drive.  But then, living there full time maybe the
scenery isn't as interesting as it was to me.

bill

-- 
Bill Gunshannon          |  de-moc-ra-cy (di mok' ra see) n.  Three wolves
billg999@cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |
Scranton, Pennsylvania   |         #include <std.disclaimer.h>   
0
billg999 (2588)
11/26/2008 12:18:06 PM
In article <ggja10$cl7$2@tempo.update.uu.se>,
	Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se> writes:
> Richard B. Gilbert skrev:
>> H Vlems wrote:
>>> This post probably belongs in comp.sys.dec but that group now carries
>>> more traffic concerning watches than DEC hardware so I'm posting here
>>> in c.o.v.
>>> Last weekend I rearranged my VAXes and Alpha's because I want to try
>>> an run as many as possible at the same time. They're now all wired to
>>> mains power and the network. The problem is connecting to the
>>> console.
>>> I use two pc's (old Compaq machines with DEC keyboards), each has
>>> three additional serial cards which means that they can handle 16
>>> systems directly. The other VAXes are daisy chained (TTA2-to-OPA0).
>>> The Alpha's use an HP DB9-to-DB9 cable that comes with their procurve
>>> switches and that works fine.
>>> The VAXes are MMJ only. Most of them are VAXstations BTW (4000-60,
>>> -90A and a VLC) configured for a serial console. The pc interfaces are
>>> fitted with H8571-J connectors, the problem is finding MMJ cables.
>>> I have connectors and wire but no tool to fix the connector to the
>>> flatcable.
>>> What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
>>> connectors?
>>> Hans
>> 
>> An AMP 2-231652-0 crimp tool.  You need to purchase the correct set(s) 
>> of crimp dies.  You can crimp 10/100-Base-T Ethernet, MMJ, and half a 
>> dozen other things with this tool and the proper dies.
>> 
>> There may be a tool that does ONLY MMJ but I've never seen one.
> 
> I have one.
> No idea who made it. Just a bunch of numbers, but no manufacturers name on it.
> 

Our datacenter people had a couple of them here.  They threw them
out when they stopped buying VT terminals.  I have all the terminals.
I just wish they had given me the crimpers, too.  :-(

bill

-- 
Bill Gunshannon          |  de-moc-ra-cy (di mok' ra see) n.  Three wolves
billg999@cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |
Scranton, Pennsylvania   |         #include <std.disclaimer.h>   
0
billg999 (2588)
11/26/2008 12:20:02 PM
In article <00A83319.9978C607@sendspamhere.org>,
	VAXman-  @SendSpamHere.ORG writes:
> In article <19e0367c-d723-4413-85de-38253bdb4470@w35g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>, H Vlems <hvlems@freenet.de> writes:
>>{...snip...}
>>
>>Can't offer you the real thing but would have sent you a postcard of
>>the Bavaria breweries, near to where I live.
> 
>:D
> 
> One Deutschlander COVer who I haven't seen here in close to a dog's age
> was happy with some help I'd given him and he shipped me a package of 6
> assorted German beers.  I wouldn't have expected you to do the same.

I drink German beer here all the time but it's just not the same as
drinking it there while watching the Handball Championships.

bill
 

-- 
Bill Gunshannon          |  de-moc-ra-cy (di mok' ra see) n.  Three wolves
billg999@cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |
Scranton, Pennsylvania   |         #include <std.disclaimer.h>   
0
billg999 (2588)
11/26/2008 12:35:44 PM
In article <6p4u50F6b3apU1@mid.individual.net>, billg999@cs.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon) writes:
>In article <00A83319.9978C607@sendspamhere.org>,
>	VAXman-  @SendSpamHere.ORG writes:
>> In article <19e0367c-d723-4413-85de-38253bdb4470@w35g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>, H Vlems <hvlems@freenet.de> writes:
>>>{...snip...}
>>>
>>>Can't offer you the real thing but would have sent you a postcard of
>>>the Bavaria breweries, near to where I live.
>> 
>>:D
>> 
>> One Deutschlander COVer who I haven't seen here in close to a dog's age
>> was happy with some help I'd given him and he shipped me a package of 6
>> assorted German beers.  I wouldn't have expected you to do the same.
>
>I drink German beer here all the time but it's just not the same as
>drinking it there while watching the Handball Championships.

I saved the bottles from the assortment, I'll have to post here the
list of what he sent to me.

-- 
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker      VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM

.... pejorative statements of opinion are entitled to constitutional protection
no matter how extreme, vituperous, or vigorously expressed they may be. (NJSC)

Copr. 2008 Brian Schenkenberger.  Publication of _this_ usenet article outside
of usenet _must_ include its contents in its entirety including this copyright
notice, disclaimer and quotations.
0
VAXman
11/26/2008 12:46:46 PM
In article <00A83323.98779CD2@sendspamhere.org>,
	VAXman-  @SendSpamHere.ORG writes:
> In article <6p4u50F6b3apU1@mid.individual.net>, billg999@cs.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon) writes:
>>In article <00A83319.9978C607@sendspamhere.org>,
>>	VAXman-  @SendSpamHere.ORG writes:
>>> In article <19e0367c-d723-4413-85de-38253bdb4470@w35g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>, H Vlems <hvlems@freenet.de> writes:
>>>>{...snip...}
>>>>
>>>>Can't offer you the real thing but would have sent you a postcard of
>>>>the Bavaria breweries, near to where I live.
>>> 
>>>:D
>>> 
>>> One Deutschlander COVer who I haven't seen here in close to a dog's age
>>> was happy with some help I'd given him and he shipped me a package of 6
>>> assorted German beers.  I wouldn't have expected you to do the same.
>>
>>I drink German beer here all the time but it's just not the same as
>>drinking it there while watching the Handball Championships.
> 
> I saved the bottles from the assortment, I'll have to post here the
> list of what he sent to me.

That would be cool.  Maybe pictures? :-)

Of course, while you can buy german beer here, you can't buy the really
good stuff.  Parkbrau! Pirmanator! :-)

bill
 

-- 
Bill Gunshannon          |  de-moc-ra-cy (di mok' ra see) n.  Three wolves
billg999@cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |
Scranton, Pennsylvania   |         #include <std.disclaimer.h>   
0
billg999 (2588)
11/26/2008 2:46:58 PM
Don't know the part number but we purchased ours at Graybar in the USA
I think it was about $80

I can make some for you if you need some. Or go to www.graybar.com




-- 
David B Turner

=============================================

Island Computers US Corp
PO Box 86
Tybee GA 31328

Toll Free: 1-877 636 4332 x201, Mobile x251
Email: dturner@islandco.com
International & Local: (001)- 404-806-7749
Fax: 912 786 8505
Web: www.islandco.com

=============================================
"H Vlems" <hvlems@freenet.de> wrote in message 
news:7d79f039-00ea-4bba-bffa-bb5642869596@v4g2000yqa.googlegroups.com...
> This post probably belongs in comp.sys.dec but that group now carries
> more traffic concerning watches than DEC hardware so I'm posting here
> in c.o.v.
> Last weekend I rearranged my VAXes and Alpha's because I want to try
> an run as many as possible at the same time. They're now all wired to
> mains power and the network. The problem is connecting to the
> console.
> I use two pc's (old Compaq machines with DEC keyboards), each has
> three additional serial cards which means that they can handle 16
> systems directly. The other VAXes are daisy chained (TTA2-to-OPA0).
> The Alpha's use an HP DB9-to-DB9 cable that comes with their procurve
> switches and that works fine.
> The VAXes are MMJ only. Most of them are VAXstations BTW (4000-60,
> -90A and a VLC) configured for a serial console. The pc interfaces are
> fitted with H8571-J connectors, the problem is finding MMJ cables.
> I have connectors and wire but no tool to fix the connector to the
> flatcable.
> What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
> connectors?
> Hans 


0
dturner4 (178)
11/26/2008 3:26:31 PM
On 26 nov, 12:35, VAXman-  @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
> In article <19e0367c-d723-4413-85de-38253bdb4...@w35g2000yqm.googlegroups=
..com>, H Vlems <hvl...@freenet.de> writes:
>
> >{...snip...}
>
> >Can't offer you the real thing but would have sent you a postcard of
> >the Bavaria breweries, near to where I live.
>
> :D
>
> One Deutschlander COVer who I haven't seen here in close to a dog's age
> was happy with some help I'd given him and he shipped me a package of 6
> assorted German beers. =A0I wouldn't have expected you to do the same.
>
> --
> VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker =A0 =A0 =A0VAXman(at)TME=
SIS(dot)COM
>
> ... pejorative statements of opinion are entitled to constitutional prote=
ction
> no matter how extreme, vituperous, or vigorously expressed they may be. (=
NJSC)
>
> Copr. 2008 Brian Schenkenberger. =A0Publication of _this_ usenet article =
outside
> of usenet _must_ include its contents in its entirety including this copy=
right
> notice, disclaimer and quotations.

The sorry state the dutch beer industry is in would mean that =EFd have
sent you six different brands that all taste the same.
There's no Reinheitsgebot in the Netherlands. Just compare a German
lager and a Dutch beer...
Speaking of Belgian beers, now that is something quite different
though...
0
hvlems (930)
11/26/2008 5:58:36 PM
On Nov 25, 3:23=A0am, H Vlems <hvl...@freenet.de> wrote:
> This post probably belongs in comp.sys.dec but that group now carries
> more traffic concerning watches than DEC hardware so I'm posting here
> in c.o.v.
> Last weekend I rearranged my VAXes and Alpha's because I want to try
> an run as many as possible at the same time. They're now all wired to
> mains power and the network. The problem is connecting to the
> console.
> I use two pc's (old Compaq machines with DEC keyboards), each has
> three additional serial cards which means that they can handle 16
> systems directly. The other VAXes are daisy chained (TTA2-to-OPA0).
> The Alpha's use an HP DB9-to-DB9 cable that comes with their procurve
> switches and that works fine.
> The VAXes are MMJ only. Most of them are VAXstations BTW (4000-60,
> -90A and a VLC) configured for a serial console. The pc interfaces are
> fitted with H8571-J connectors, the problem is finding MMJ cables.
> I have connectors and wire but no tool to fix the connector to the
> flatcable.
> What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
> connectors?
> Hans

Hans,

The tool you want is a 6P6C Crimp Tool. I have one, it only has the
6P6C MMJ crimp on it, plus two cable cutters.
I bought it years ago for serial console connections to VAX's and
still use the same cables with DB9 connectors
today when connecting to Alpha's and Itanium's. They are useful when
running headless systems and you want to
see the boot-up messages and have total control of the system. The
cables work over quite long distances, I have
one which must be over 20m long, and it works great.

I've searched google for "6P6C Crimp Tool" and they are still
available.

Alan Fay



0
alan_fay (21)
12/1/2008 8:13:05 PM
On Nov 25, 3:23=A0am, H Vlems <hvl...@freenet.de> wrote:
> This post probably belongs in comp.sys.dec but that group now carries
> more traffic concerning watches than DEC hardware so I'm posting here
> in c.o.v.
> Last weekend I rearranged my VAXes and Alpha's because I want to try
> an run as many as possible at the same time. They're now all wired to
> mains power and the network. The problem is connecting to the
> console.
> I have connectors and wire but no tool to fix the connector to the
> flatcable.
> What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
> connectors?
> Hans

We still have to occasionally make these cables so our tools have to
stay, but I've got the following.

Yellow plastic handles with removable dies
MOD-TAP
04-301
708-24439

The vendor we've been buying from for 15+ years no longer carries any
MMJ tools though; just the plugs.  No idea on current availability.
0
jordan (1228)
12/2/2008 6:20:48 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

RE: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other
> -----Original Message----- > From: JF Mezei [mailto:jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com]=20 > Sent: October 11, 2004 11:45 PM > To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com > Subject: Re: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions=20 > VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS')=20 > other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other=20 > OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other=20 >=20 > "Main, Kerry" wrote: > > Course, there are many ways to offer differen...

RE: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS')
> -----Original Message----- > From: Soterro [mailto:soterroatyahoocom@address.hp.com]=20 > Sent: October 11, 2004 9:43 AM > To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com > Subject: Re: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions=20 > VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS')=20 > other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') other OS') >=20 > Main, Kerry wrote: > >>From: John Smith [mailto:a@nonymous.com]=20 > >>You aren't directly to blame for this and I know you'd like=20 > >>to keep your > &...

RE: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS')
> -----Original Message----- > From: JF Mezei [mailto:jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com]=20 > Sent: October 10, 2004 2:45 AM > To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com > Subject: Re: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions=20 > VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') >=20 [snip..] >=20 > These days, the CIO reads trade mags on the commuter train=20 > and sees people > moving to windows or Linux and decides that his company must=20 > be ahead of the > race and hurry to migrate to this week's trendy product. >=20 >=20 > ITS ALL ABOU...

RE: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') #3
> -----Original Message----- > From: Larry Kilgallen [mailto:Kilgallen@SpamCop.net]=20 > Sent: October 10, 2004 10:52 PM > To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com > Subject: RE: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions=20 > VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') >=20 > In article=20 > <FD827B33AB0D9C4E92EACEEFEE2BA2FB45D86D@tayexc19.americas.cpqc > orp.net>, "Main, Kerry" <kerry.main@hp.com> writes: >=20 > > for that matter. However, I know of two major Customers=20 > that wanted to > > convert OpenVMS applica...

RE: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') #2
> -----Original Message----- > From: John Smith [mailto:a@nonymous.com]=20 > Sent: October 10, 2004 6:18 PM > To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com > Subject: Re: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions=20 > VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') >=20 [snip...] > How many 30'something CTO's even know what VMS is? How many=20 > of their system > architects or programmers? After the .crash era, there are likely very few CTO's left in their 30's. Those folks are more likely back in the trenches doing mid level mgmt jobs. Hey, I a...

RE: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') #4
> -----Original Message----- > From: Larry Kilgallen [mailto:Kilgallen@SpamCop.net]=20 > Sent: October 11, 2004 5:33 AM > To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com > Subject: RE: Obsucure Inquier article about Intel mentions=20 > VMS (and not any other OS') other OS') other OS') >=20 > In article=20 > <FD827B33AB0D9C4E92EACEEFEE2BA2FB45D86E@tayexc19.americas.cpqc > orp.net>, "Main, Kerry" <kerry.main@hp.com> writes: > >=20 > >> -----Original Message----- > >> From: Larry Kilgallen [mailto:Kilgallen@SpamCop.net]=3D20 > ...

RE: Cerner hopefully is using Zotob to show why hospitals should run VMS! VMS! VMS! run VMS! VMS! VMS! run VMS! VMS! VMS!
> -----Original Message----- > From: Alan Greig [mailto:greigaln@netscape.net]=20 > Sent: August 21, 2005 7:51 AM > To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com > Subject: Re: Cerner hopefully is using Zotob to show why=20 > hospitals should run VMS! VMS! VMS! run VMS! VMS! VMS! run=20 > VMS! VMS! VMS! >=20 >=20 >=20 > Main, Kerry wrote: >=20 > >=20 > > And you reminded me that Spybot anti-spyware utility has=20 > the capability > > to write protect the host/lmhost file on a windows box and protct > > against crap like this worm making chgs. >=20...

RE: Cerner hopefully is using Zotob to show why hospitals should run VMS! VMS! VMS! run VMS! VMS! VMS! run VMS! VMS! VMS! #2
> -----Original Message----- > From: Alan Greig [mailto:greigaln@netscape.net]=20 > Sent: August 21, 2005 10:41 AM > To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com > Subject: Re: Cerner hopefully is using Zotob to show why=20 > hospitals should run VMS! VMS! VMS! run VMS! VMS! VMS! run=20 > VMS! VMS! VMS! >=20 >=20 >=20 > bob@instantwhip.com wrote: >=20 > > you can on vms because vms doesn't get viruses ... >=20 > If passwords and systems are insecure any system can get=20 > attacked. Have=20 > you ever heard of the infamous VMS WANK (Worms Against=20 >...

vms os needed
Vms os needed for a vax station 4000 96. I am trying to format a hardisk with vms os. Thanks in advance. In article <ce3hc9$n0v$1@usenet.otenet.gr>, "Thomas Pappas" <tompap1@freemail.gr> writes: :Vms os needed for a vax station 4000 96. :I am trying to format a hardisk with vms os. OpenVMS hobbyist licenses and distributions are available. The license is free, the distribution is cheap. With two-line questions often being surprisingly difficult to answer, I do not know if the intended question is one around the loading of and the use of Op...

for VMS, the OS war is over
According to the Google Suggest Venn Diagram Generator, anyway: http://goo.gl/QzbN In article <99ad55f8-4be1-4138-a3b5-bae444ce2da6@y23g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>, MetaEd <metaed@gmail.com> writes: > According to the Google Suggest Venn Diagram Generator, anyway: > http://goo.gl/QzbN Can't expect Google to know _everything_. ...

Speed limited by OS or cable?
I was pleased with the Brother DCP 540CN installed upstairs last Christmas, especially its scanning, speed, therefore added downstairs a Brother 330C, mostly similar. But the scanning speed is not -- it s as slow as the discarded Epson.. Is the reason 1. That the printer's scanning software runs Twunk_16.EXE instead of TWUNK_32.EXE, also part of the Win98SE OS? The upstairs PC runs WinXP so is presumably all 32-bit. 2. Or is it the USB cable? Having no new cable at home I used the cable from a discarded Epson, the type with lumpy cylinders at both ends, next to the terminal...

cables(cross-over cable or not)....
We have two(2) Cisco3620 routers. One is our gateway router with a FastEthernet card facing inward. The other has 2 FastEthernet cards in it, one facing our internal network, and one facing the gateway router. This router is being used to traffic shape. How should the 2 FastEthernet cards be connected? ie. by a crossover cable, or both pluged into a 100-Mb switch? Note, someone told me that a cross over cable reduces the speed to 10-Mb single duplex, is this true? Captain wrote: > How should the 2 FastEthernet cards be > connected? > > ie. by a crossover cable, or >...

cable Internet cable
I got a wireless router, so I'm trying to replace my cable Internet cable with a shorter one (about 6 feet). Anyone know if this will work? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=4117994&st=Coaxial+Cable&type=product&id=1051384699030 bob@coolgroups.com wrote: > I got a wireless router, so I'm trying to replace my cable Internet > cable with a shorter one (about 6 feet). > > Anyone know if this will work? > > http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=4117994&st=Coaxial+Cable&type=product&id=1051384699030 That&#...

VMS and Comcast cable modem
At home I have a broadband Comcast connection via a cable modem. The home machine is a PW600au running VMS V7.3-2 and TCPIP V5.4-15: it is connected to the cable modem via a router (the wife's PC is also connected to this router via a firewall router). I use my connection very extensively to SSH to my work machines at all hours, so I leave the connection on permanently. As is common with ISPs, the IP address of the home machine is obtained via DHCP. For the past six weeks, this connection has been uninterrupted (the last time it was done was when I had to shut the machine down to repla...

Web resources about - MMJ cables - comp.os.vms

Cable - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
6 inch (15 cm) outside diameter, oil-cooled cables, traversing the Grand Coulee Dam throughout. An example of a heavy cable for power transmission. ...

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Seagate 4TB Portable HDD $120, 2-pack MFi Lightning Cables $8, JayBird Bluetooth ...
... Seagate 4TB Portable, Bus-powered USB 3 Hard Drive w/ 200GB Cloud: $120 shipped RAVPower 2-pack of 3-ft. MFi Apple-Certified Lightning Cables ...

Cable News Top Choice for Campaign Information
Americans get most of their news about the presidential campaign from cable news, according to a survey released Thursday by the Pew Research ...

Senators blast Comcast, other cable firms for “unfair billing practices”
... Hurt ) Six Democratic US senators today criticized Comcast and other TV and broadband providers for charging erroneous fees, such as cable ...

Comcast Surges 6% as Film and Parks Rise; Cable Biz Shines
Shares of Comcast ( CMCSA ) closed up $3.25, or 6%, at $57.84, its biggest percentage gain since April of 2010, after the U.S.’s largest cable ...

How to stream Super Bowl 50 online for free without cable
... Cam Newton's Carolina Panthers and Peyton Manning's Denver Broncos. But in 2016, not everyone watching the Super Bowl is going to have cable. ...

How Vice's new cable network plans to revolutionize TV and bring back millennials
... of a hit NBC show as it airs live SEE ALSO: The 6 biggest things that will shake up the TV industry in 2016 1. Vice is setting up a cable ...

Cable Company Charges Woman To End Dead Mother’s Contract
It's the time in life many people don't want to think about, when the child takes on the role of parent.

Outcry over iPhone 'Error 53' and bad USB Type-C cables
Be careful when replacing parts. Poorly made cables can fry a laptop, and iPhones will stop working if the Touch ID button is repaired outside ...

Senators Ask Why Cable Companies Continue Charging Customers For Modems They Don’t Have
We regularly hear from readers that their cable company — often Comcast — is charging them rental fees for equipment they either never owned ...

Resources last updated: 2/8/2016 9:51:45 PM