MMJ cables

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

This post probably belongs in comp.sys.dec but that group now carries
more traffic concerning watches than DEC hardware so I'm posting here
in c.o.v.
Last weekend I rearranged my VAXes and Alpha's because I want to try
an run as many as possible at the same time. They're now all wired to
mains power and the network. The problem is connecting to the
console.
I use two pc's (old Compaq machines with DEC keyboards), each has
three additional serial cards which means that they can handle 16
systems directly. The other VAXes are daisy chained (TTA2-to-OPA0).
The Alpha's use an HP DB9-to-DB9 cable that comes with their procurve
switches and that works fine.
The VAXes are MMJ only. Most of them are VAXstations BTW (4000-60,
-90A and a VLC) configured for a serial console. The pc interfaces are
fitted with H8571-J connectors, the problem is finding MMJ cables.
I have connectors and wire but no tool to fix the connector to the
flatcable.
What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
connectors?
Hans
0
Reply hvlems (931) 11/25/2008 9:23:03 AM

See related articles to this posting

In article <7d79f039-00ea-4bba-bffa-bb5642869596@v4g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>, H Vlems <hvlems@freenet.de> writes:
>What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
>connectors?

All I can see on the tool I have is:
 FOR 6 COND
 PAT PENDING
 148364-USA
 64-42508-
     JAPAN
 75209564-
    TAIWAN

Regards,
   Christoph Gartmann

P.S.: I don't need it anymore, so I am willing to give it away....
--
 Max-Planck-Institut fuer      Phone   : +49-761-5108-464   Fax: -80464
 Immunbiologie

In article <7d79f039-00ea-4bba-bffa-bb5642869596@v4g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>, H Vlems <hvlems@freenet.de> writes:
>This post probably belongs in comp.sys.dec but that group now carries
>more traffic concerning watches than DEC hardware so I'm posting here
>in c.o.v.
>Last weekend I rearranged my VAXes and Alpha's because I want to try
>an run as many as possible at the same time. They're now all wired to
>mains power and the network. The problem is connecting to the
>console.
>I use two pc's (old Compaq machines with DEC keyboards), each has
>three additional serial cards which means that they can handle 16
>systems directly. The other VAXes are daisy chained (TTA2-to-OPA0).
>The Alpha's use an HP DB9-to-DB9 cable that comes with their procurve
>switches and that works fine.
>The VAXes are MMJ only. Most of them are VAXstations BTW (4000-60,
>-90A and a VLC) configured for a serial console. The pc interfaces are
>fitted with H8571-J connectors, the problem is finding MMJ cables.
>I have connectors and wire but no tool to fix the connector to the
>flatcable.
>What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
>connectors?
>Hans

I may have an old MMJ specific crimper here somewhere.  I purchased on
with interchangeable dies for the various modular plug configurations
as well as myriad coax and other connectors and thus, retired the old
MMJ only crimper.  If you can't find one, I may be willing to ship my
old one to you.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker      VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM

Copr. 2008 Brian Schenkenberger.  Publication of _this_ usenet article outside
notice, disclaimer and quotations.
0
Reply VAXman 11/25/2008 12:23:26 PM

H Vlems wrote:
> This post probably belongs in comp.sys.dec but that group now carries
> more traffic concerning watches than DEC hardware so I'm posting here
> in c.o.v.
> Last weekend I rearranged my VAXes and Alpha's because I want to try
> an run as many as possible at the same time. They're now all wired to
> mains power and the network. The problem is connecting to the
> console.
> I use two pc's (old Compaq machines with DEC keyboards), each has
> three additional serial cards which means that they can handle 16
> systems directly. The other VAXes are daisy chained (TTA2-to-OPA0).
> The Alpha's use an HP DB9-to-DB9 cable that comes with their procurve
> switches and that works fine.
> The VAXes are MMJ only. Most of them are VAXstations BTW (4000-60,
> -90A and a VLC) configured for a serial console. The pc interfaces are
> fitted with H8571-J connectors, the problem is finding MMJ cables.
> I have connectors and wire but no tool to fix the connector to the
> flatcable.
> What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
> connectors?
> Hans

An AMP 2-231652-0 crimp tool.  You need to purchase the correct set(s)
of crimp dies.  You can crimp 10/100-Base-T Ethernet, MMJ, and half a
dozen other things with this tool and the proper dies.

There may be a tool that does ONLY MMJ but I've never seen one.
0
Reply rgilbert88 (4439) 11/25/2008 3:30:46 PM

On 2008-11-25, H Vlems <hvlems@freenet.de> wrote:
> What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
> connectors?

You might also look into what some of the folks that make their own Lego
Mindstorms NXT cables are doing. Like MMJ, the NXT cables use a modular
plug with an offset clip. However, the NXT cables have only six
conductors (I'm pretty sure MMJ cables have eight conductors, but don't
have one right in front of me at the moment).

Here's a page describing how one person modified his/her/its RJ12 crimp
tool to accommodate NXT cables:

http://www.philohome.com/crimp/crimp.htm
--
roger ivie
rivie@ridgenet.net

Roger Ivie wrote:

>(I'm pretty sure MMJ cables have eight conductors,...

6

http://www.lammertbies.nl/comm/cable/dec-mmj.html
0
Reply jan-erik.soderholm (2673) 11/25/2008 4:40:22 PM

In article <slrngioa79.4e8.rivie@stench.no.domain>, Roger Ivie <rivie@ridgenet.net> writes:
>On 2008-11-25, H Vlems <hvlems@freenet.de> wrote:
>> What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
>> connectors?
>
>You might also look into what some of the folks that make their own Lego
>Mindstorms NXT cables are doing. Like MMJ, the NXT cables use a modular
>plug with an offset clip. However, the NXT cables have only six
>conductors (I'm pretty sure MMJ cables have eight conductors, but don't
>have one right in front of me at the moment).

MMJs have 6.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker      VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM

Copr. 2008 Brian Schenkenberger.  Publication of _this_ usenet article outside
notice, disclaimer and quotations.
0
Reply VAXman 11/25/2008 5:15:41 PM

VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:

> MMJs have 6.

Since the clip is on one side of the plug, does the fact that you are
left-handed make it harder for you to handle those plugs ? :-) :-) :-) ;-)

Did you ever request that DEC make left-handed MMJ connectors ? :-)
0
Reply jfmezei.spamnot (9469) 11/25/2008 5:41:42 PM

com>, H Vlems <hvl...@freenet.de> writes:

> >What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
> >connectors?
>
> All I can see on the tool I have is:
> =A0FOR 6 COND
> =A0PAT PENDING
> =A0148364-USA
> =A064-42508-
> =A0 =A0 =A0JAPAN
> =A075209564-
> =A0 =A0 TAIWAN
>
> Regards,
> =A0 =A0Christoph Gartmann
>
> P.S.: I don't need it anymore, so I am willing to give it away....
> --
> =A0Max-Planck-Institut fuer =A0 =A0 =A0Phone =A0 : +49-761-5108-464 =A0 F=
ax: -80464
> =A0Immunbiologie
> =A0Postfach 1169 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Internet: gartmann@immun=
bio dot mpg dot de
> =A0D-79011 =A0Freiburg, Germany
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0http://www.immunbio.mpg.de/home/menue.html

Christoph,
that's an offer I cannot refuse :-)
Can you mail me at hvlems-at-zonnet-dot-nl ?
If Freiburg is not too far away I can collect it.
Hans
0
Reply hvlems (931) 11/25/2008 6:01:02 PM

In article <001b6fab$0$6665$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com>, JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@vaxination.ca> writes:
>VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
>
>> MMJs have 6.
>
>Since the clip is on one side of the plug, does the fact that you are
>left-handed make it harder for you to handle those plugs ? :-) :-) :-) ;-)
>
>Did you ever request that DEC make left-handed MMJ connectors ? :-)

Not at all JF.  The clip is on the left.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker      VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM

Copr. 2008 Brian Schenkenberger.  Publication of _this_ usenet article outside
notice, disclaimer and quotations.
0
Reply VAXman 11/25/2008 6:14:47 PM

On 25 nov, 18:15, VAXman-  @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
> In article <slrngioa79.4e8.ri...@stench.no.domain>, Roger Ivie <ri...@rid=
genet.net> writes:
> >On 2008-11-25, H Vlems <hvl...@freenet.de> wrote:
> >> What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
> >> connectors?
>
> >You might also look into what some of the folks that make their own Lego
> >Mindstorms NXT cables are doing. Like MMJ, the NXT cables use a modular
> >plug with an offset clip. However, the NXT cables have only six
> >conductors (I'm pretty sure MMJ cables have eight conductors, but don't
> >have one right in front of me at the moment).
>
> MMJs have 6.
>
> --
> VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker =A0 =A0 =A0VAXman(at)TME=
SIS(dot)COM

> ... pejorative statements of opinion are entitled to constitutional prote=
ction
> no matter how extreme, vituperous, or vigorously expressed they may be. (=
NJSC)

> Copr. 2008 Brian Schenkenberger. =A0Publication of _this_ usenet article =
outside
> of usenet _must_ include its contents in its entirety including this copy=
right
> notice, disclaimer and quotations.

Thank you very much for the offer Brian. But Christoph is nearby so
I'll try to make a deal with him
(like buying him a beer :-).
Hans
0
Reply hvlems (931) 11/25/2008 6:15:35 PM

In article
<34d91376-c81d-4890-95f6-32d4c7039501@x14g2000yqk.googlegroups.com>, H
Vlems <hvlems@freenet.de> writes:

> Christoph,
> that's an offer I cannot refuse :-)
> Can you mail me at hvlems-at-zonnet-dot-nl ?
> If Freiburg is not too far away I can collect it.
> Hans

There are several Freiburgs in Germany.  There is a small one in
northern Germany, closer to you, but Christoph is in the far southwest
of Germany.

0
Reply helbig (5067) 11/25/2008 6:17:43 PM

In article <gghfg7$1ri$2@online.de>,
	helbig@astro.multiCLOTHESvax.de (Phillip Helbig---remove CLOTHES to reply) writes:
> In article
> <34d91376-c81d-4890-95f6-32d4c7039501@x14g2000yqk.googlegroups.com>, H
> Vlems <hvlems@freenet.de> writes:
>
>> Christoph,
>> that's an offer I cannot refuse :-)
>> Can you mail me at hvlems-at-zonnet-dot-nl ?
>> If Freiburg is not too far away I can collect it.
>> Hans
>
> There are several Freiburgs in Germany.  There is a small one in
> northern Germany, closer to you, but Christoph is in the far southwest
> of Germany.

Freiburg im Breisgau.  Beautiful city.  Really nice sports club (Die
Turnerschaft).  And decent skiing, too.  Of course, for me that was
almost 40 years ago.  :-)

bill

billg999@cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |
Reply billg999 (2588) 11/25/2008 6:35:12 PM

In article <slrngioa79.4e8.rivie@stench.no.domain>,
	Roger Ivie <rivie@ridgenet.net> writes:
> On 2008-11-25, H Vlems <hvlems@freenet.de> wrote:
>> What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
>> connectors?
>
> You might also look into what some of the folks that make their own Lego
> Mindstorms NXT cables are doing. Like MMJ, the NXT cables use a modular
> plug with an offset clip. However, the NXT cables have only six
> conductors (I'm pretty sure MMJ cables have eight conductors, but don't
> have one right in front of me at the moment).

MMJ is 6.  Do Lego's ise MMJ connectors?  Might be a good source if they
do.

bill

billg999@cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |
Reply billg999 (2588) 11/25/2008 6:36:59 PM

In article <slrngioa79.4e8.rivie@stench.no.domain>,
	Roger Ivie <rivie@ridgenet.net> writes:
> On 2008-11-25, H Vlems <hvlems@freenet.de> wrote:
>> What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
>> connectors?
>
> You might also look into what some of the folks that make their own Lego
> Mindstorms NXT cables are doing. Like MMJ, the NXT cables use a modular
> plug with an offset clip. However, the NXT cables have only six
> conductors (I'm pretty sure MMJ cables have eight conductors, but don't
> have one right in front of me at the moment).
>
> Here's a page describing how one person modified his/her/its RJ12 crimp
> tool to accommodate NXT cables:
>
> http://www.philohome.com/crimp/crimp.htm

And I just compared them.  NXT has the tab offset to the opposite side as
MMJ.  Unbelievable!!!

bill

billg999@cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |
Reply billg999 (2588) 11/25/2008 6:41:40 PM

In article <5b554074-e940-4a8c-baf7-e0832df69c93@t11g2000yqg.googlegroups.com>, H Vlems <hvlems@freenet.de> writes:
>On 25 nov, 18:15, VAXman-  @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
>> In article <slrngioa79.4e8.ri...@stench.no.domain>, Roger Ivie <ri...@rid=
>genet.net> writes:
>>
>> >You might also look into what some of the folks that make their own Lego
>> >Mindstorms NXT cables are doing. Like MMJ, the NXT cables use a modular
>> >plug with an offset clip. However, the NXT cables have only six
>> >conductors (I'm pretty sure MMJ cables have eight conductors, but don't
>> >have one right in front of me at the moment).
>>
>> MMJs have 6.
>>
>> --
>> VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker =A0 =A0 =A0VAXman(at)TME=
>SIS(dot)COM
>>
>> ... pejorative statements of opinion are entitled to constitutional prote=
>ction
>> no matter how extreme, vituperous, or vigorously expressed they may be. (=
>NJSC)
>>
>> Copr. 2008 Brian Schenkenberger. =A0Publication of _this_ usenet article =
>outside
>> of usenet _must_ include its contents in its entirety including this copy=
>right
>> notice, disclaimer and quotations.
>
>Thank you very much for the offer Brian. But Christoph is nearby so
>I'll try to make a deal with him
>(like buying him a beer :-).

I would have accepted the same but I'm not sure what ftp mode you'd use
to send a beer.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker      VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM

Copr. 2008 Brian Schenkenberger.  Publication of _this_ usenet article outside
notice, disclaimer and quotations.
0
Reply VAXman 11/25/2008 7:02:13 PM

Christoph Gartmann wrote:

(someone wrote)

>>What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
>>connectors?

> All I can see on the tool I have is:
>  FOR 6 COND
>  PAT PENDING
>  148364-USA
>  64-42508-
>      JAPAN
>  75209564-
>     TAIWAN

Is the MMJ connector the same one that is used for the smart antenna

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CEA-909

used for digital television?  That should make the connectors
a little more popular and easier to find.

-- glen

0
Reply gah (12850) 11/25/2008 7:02:36 PM

In article <6p2v74F66mlkU4@mid.individual.net>, billg999@cs.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon) writes:
>In article <slrngioa79.4e8.rivie@stench.no.domain>,
>	Roger Ivie <rivie@ridgenet.net> writes:
>> On 2008-11-25, H Vlems <hvlems@freenet.de> wrote:
>>> What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
>>> connectors?
>>
>> You might also look into what some of the folks that make their own Lego
>> Mindstorms NXT cables are doing. Like MMJ, the NXT cables use a modular
>> plug with an offset clip. However, the NXT cables have only six
>> conductors (I'm pretty sure MMJ cables have eight conductors, but don't
>> have one right in front of me at the moment).
>>
>> Here's a page describing how one person modified his/her/its RJ12 crimp
>> tool to accommodate NXT cables:
>>
>> http://www.philohome.com/crimp/crimp.htm
>
>And I just compared them.  NXT has the tab offset to the opposite side as
>MMJ.  Unbelievable!!!

More left-handed bias! :P

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker      VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM

Copr. 2008 Brian Schenkenberger.  Publication of _this_ usenet article outside
notice, disclaimer and quotations.
0
Reply VAXman 11/25/2008 7:04:34 PM

VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:

> I would have accepted the same but I'm not sure what ftp mode you'd use
> to send a beer.

Instead of TYPE ASCII or TYPE BINARY, you use TYPE LIQUID , it should
work without problems, but you might lose some attributes such as
"fizzyness" (just as binary transfers may lose some VMS file attributes)

You can then SET BEER/ATTR=(type=fizzy,bubble=Co2,density=34) to restore
the attributes. (For guiness, the bubble may require a list type
argument since as I recall, it is a mixture of gases).
0
Reply jfmezei.spamnot (9469) 11/25/2008 7:51:28 PM

Hans,

I'd be happy to make some cables up for you any length you require and
ship them out in exchange for the same number of MMJ connectors
shipped back the other way.

If you want to take up the offer email me at: mark _at_ wickensonline
dot co dot uk.

Regards, Mark
0
Reply mark525 (244) 11/25/2008 8:07:39 PM

In article <6p2ur0F66mlkU2@mid.individual.net>, billg999@cs.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon) writes:
>Freiburg im Breisgau.  Beautiful city.  Really nice sports club (Die
>Turnerschaft).  And decent skiing, too.  Of course, for me that was
>almost 40 years ago.  :-)

It is still the same (but a lot more tourists). That's why I am here ;-)

Regards,
   Christoph Gartmann

--
 Max-Planck-Institut fuer      Phone   : +49-761-5108-464   Fax: -80464
 Immunbiologie
 Postfach 1169                 Internet: gartmann@immunbio dot mpg dot de
 D-79011  Freiburg, Germany
Reply gartmann3 (396) 11/25/2008 8:35:24 PM

On 25 nov, 19:17, hel...@astro.multiCLOTHESvax.de (Phillip Helbig---
remove CLOTHES to reply) wrote:
> In article
> <34d91376-c81d-4890-95f6-32d4c7039...@x14g2000yqk.googlegroups.com>, H
>
> Vlems <hvl...@freenet.de> writes:
> > Christoph,
> > that's an offer I cannot refuse :-)
> > Can you mail me at hvlems-at-zonnet-dot-nl ?
> > If Freiburg is not too far away I can collect it.
> > Hans
>
> There are several Freiburgs in Germany. =A0There is a small one in
> northern Germany, closer to you, but Christoph is in the far southwest
> of Germany.

Hi Phillip, yes I figured that out based on the postal code. Freiburg
is about 350 kms away,
so it is doable in one day. A month earlier I wouldn't have hesitated
but I went to
Metz recently and the weather turned pretty bad. I like driving, but
not with snow on the road.
Too dangerous.
Hans
0
Reply hvlems (931) 11/26/2008 8:14:59 AM

On 25 nov, 20:02, VAXman-  @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
> In article <5b554074-e940-4a8c-baf7-e0832df69...@t11g2000yqg.googlegroups=
..com>, H Vlems <hvl...@freenet.de> writes:

> >On 25 nov, 18:15, VAXman- =A0@SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
> >> In article <slrngioa79.4e8.ri...@stench.no.domain>, Roger Ivie <ri...@=
rid=3D

> >> MMJs have 6.
>
> >> --
> >> VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker =3DA0 =3DA0 =3DA0VAXm=
an(at)TME=3D
> >SIS(dot)COM
>
> >> ... pejorative statements of opinion are entitled to constitutional pr=
ote=3D
> >ction
> >> no matter how extreme, vituperous, or vigorously expressed they may be=
.. (=3D
> >NJSC)
>
> >> Copr. 2008 Brian Schenkenberger. =3DA0Publication of _this_ usenet art=
icle =3D
> >outside
> >> of usenet _must_ include its contents in its entirety including this c=
opy=3D
> >right
> >> notice, disclaimer and quotations.
>
> >Thank you very much for the offer Brian. But Christoph is nearby so
> >I'll try to make a deal with him
> >(like buying him a beer :-).
>
> I would have accepted the same but I'm not sure what ftp mode you'd use
> to send a beer.
>
> --
> VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker =A0 =A0 =A0VAXman(at)TME=
SIS(dot)COM

> ... pejorative statements of opinion are entitled to constitutional prote=
ction
> no matter how extreme, vituperous, or vigorously expressed they may be. (=
NJSC)

> Copr. 2008 Brian Schenkenberger. =A0Publication of _this_ usenet article =
outside
> of usenet _must_ include its contents in its entirety including this copy=
right
> notice, disclaimer and quotations.- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet=
 weergeven -

Can't offer you the real thing but would have sent you a postcard of
the Bavaria breweries, near to where I live.
0
Reply hvlems (931) 11/26/2008 8:19:34 AM

Richard B. Gilbert skrev:
> H Vlems wrote:
>> This post probably belongs in comp.sys.dec but that group now carries
>> more traffic concerning watches than DEC hardware so I'm posting here
>> in c.o.v.
>> Last weekend I rearranged my VAXes and Alpha's because I want to try
>> an run as many as possible at the same time. They're now all wired to
>> mains power and the network. The problem is connecting to the
>> console.
>> I use two pc's (old Compaq machines with DEC keyboards), each has
>> three additional serial cards which means that they can handle 16
>> systems directly. The other VAXes are daisy chained (TTA2-to-OPA0).
>> The Alpha's use an HP DB9-to-DB9 cable that comes with their procurve
>> switches and that works fine.
>> The VAXes are MMJ only. Most of them are VAXstations BTW (4000-60,
>> -90A and a VLC) configured for a serial console. The pc interfaces are
>> fitted with H8571-J connectors, the problem is finding MMJ cables.
>> I have connectors and wire but no tool to fix the connector to the
>> flatcable.
>> What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
>> connectors?
>> Hans
>
> An AMP 2-231652-0 crimp tool.  You need to purchase the correct set(s)
> of crimp dies.  You can crimp 10/100-Base-T Ethernet, MMJ, and half a
> dozen other things with this tool and the proper dies.
>
> There may be a tool that does ONLY MMJ but I've never seen one.

I have one.
No idea who made it. Just a bunch of numbers, but no manufacturers name on it.

	Johnny

                                   ||  on a psychedelic trip
email: bqt@softjar.se             ||  Reading murder books
Reply bqt (124) 11/26/2008 10:56:05 AM

In article <19e0367c-d723-4413-85de-38253bdb4470@w35g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>, H Vlems <hvlems@freenet.de> writes:
>{...snip...}
>
>Can't offer you the real thing but would have sent you a postcard of
>the Bavaria breweries, near to where I live.

:D

One Deutschlander COVer who I haven't seen here in close to a dog's age
was happy with some help I'd given him and he shipped me a package of 6
assorted German beers.  I wouldn't have expected you to do the same.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker      VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM

Copr. 2008 Brian Schenkenberger.  Publication of _this_ usenet article outside
notice, disclaimer and quotations.
0
Reply VAXman 11/26/2008 11:35:12 AM

In article <60fa9ef2-5ab0-4ccd-8a64-0b43ab4a89f3@t3g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
	H Vlems <hvlems@freenet.de> writes:
> On 25 nov, 19:17, hel...@astro.multiCLOTHESvax.de (Phillip Helbig---
> remove CLOTHES to reply) wrote:
>> In article
>> <34d91376-c81d-4890-95f6-32d4c7039...@x14g2000yqk.googlegroups.com>, H
>>
>> Vlems <hvl...@freenet.de> writes:
>> > Christoph,
>> > that's an offer I cannot refuse :-)
>> > Can you mail me at hvlems-at-zonnet-dot-nl ?
>> > If Freiburg is not too far away I can collect it.
>> > Hans
>>
>> There are several Freiburgs in Germany. �There is a small one in
>> northern Germany, closer to you, but Christoph is in the far southwest
>> of Germany.
> Hi Phillip, yes I figured that out based on the postal code. Freiburg
> is about 350 kms away,
> so it is doable in one day. A month earlier I wouldn't have hesitated
> but I went to
> Metz recently and the weather turned pretty bad. I like driving, but
> not with snow on the road.
> Too dangerous.

Would make a great day trip on the Bahn.  A ticket is probably cheaper
than the gas to drive.  But then, living there full time maybe the
scenery isn't as interesting as it was to me.

bill

billg999@cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |
Reply billg999 (2588) 11/26/2008 12:18:06 PM

In article <ggja10$cl7$2@tempo.update.uu.se>,
	Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se> writes:
> Richard B. Gilbert skrev:
>> H Vlems wrote:
>>> This post probably belongs in comp.sys.dec but that group now carries
>>> more traffic concerning watches than DEC hardware so I'm posting here
>>> in c.o.v.
>>> Last weekend I rearranged my VAXes and Alpha's because I want to try
>>> an run as many as possible at the same time. They're now all wired to
>>> mains power and the network. The problem is connecting to the
>>> console.
>>> I use two pc's (old Compaq machines with DEC keyboards), each has
>>> three additional serial cards which means that they can handle 16
>>> systems directly. The other VAXes are daisy chained (TTA2-to-OPA0).
>>> The Alpha's use an HP DB9-to-DB9 cable that comes with their procurve
>>> switches and that works fine.
>>> The VAXes are MMJ only. Most of them are VAXstations BTW (4000-60,
>>> -90A and a VLC) configured for a serial console. The pc interfaces are
>>> fitted with H8571-J connectors, the problem is finding MMJ cables.
>>> I have connectors and wire but no tool to fix the connector to the
>>> flatcable.
>>> What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
>>> connectors?
>>> Hans
>>
>> An AMP 2-231652-0 crimp tool.  You need to purchase the correct set(s)
>> of crimp dies.  You can crimp 10/100-Base-T Ethernet, MMJ, and half a
>> dozen other things with this tool and the proper dies.
>>
>> There may be a tool that does ONLY MMJ but I've never seen one.
>
> I have one.
> No idea who made it. Just a bunch of numbers, but no manufacturers name on it.

Our datacenter people had a couple of them here.  They threw them
out when they stopped buying VT terminals.  I have all the terminals.
I just wish they had given me the crimpers, too.  :-(

bill

billg999@cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |
Reply billg999 (2588) 11/26/2008 12:20:02 PM

In article <00A83319.9978C607@sendspamhere.org>,
	VAXman-  @SendSpamHere.ORG writes:
> In article <19e0367c-d723-4413-85de-38253bdb4470@w35g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>, H Vlems <hvlems@freenet.de> writes:
>>{...snip...}
>>
>>Can't offer you the real thing but would have sent you a postcard of
>>the Bavaria breweries, near to where I live.
>
>:D
>
> One Deutschlander COVer who I haven't seen here in close to a dog's age
> was happy with some help I'd given him and he shipped me a package of 6
> assorted German beers.  I wouldn't have expected you to do the same.

I drink German beer here all the time but it's just not the same as
drinking it there while watching the Handball Championships.

bill

billg999@cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |
Reply billg999 (2588) 11/26/2008 12:35:44 PM

In article <6p4u50F6b3apU1@mid.individual.net>, billg999@cs.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon) writes:
>In article <00A83319.9978C607@sendspamhere.org>,
>	VAXman-  @SendSpamHere.ORG writes:
>> In article <19e0367c-d723-4413-85de-38253bdb4470@w35g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>, H Vlems <hvlems@freenet.de> writes:
>>>{...snip...}
>>>
>>>Can't offer you the real thing but would have sent you a postcard of
>>>the Bavaria breweries, near to where I live.
>>
>>:D
>>
>> One Deutschlander COVer who I haven't seen here in close to a dog's age
>> was happy with some help I'd given him and he shipped me a package of 6
>> assorted German beers.  I wouldn't have expected you to do the same.
>
>I drink German beer here all the time but it's just not the same as
>drinking it there while watching the Handball Championships.

I saved the bottles from the assortment, I'll have to post here the
list of what he sent to me.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker      VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM

Copr. 2008 Brian Schenkenberger.  Publication of _this_ usenet article outside
notice, disclaimer and quotations.
0
Reply VAXman 11/26/2008 12:46:46 PM

In article <00A83323.98779CD2@sendspamhere.org>,
	VAXman-  @SendSpamHere.ORG writes:
> In article <6p4u50F6b3apU1@mid.individual.net>, billg999@cs.uofs.edu (Bill Gunshannon) writes:
>>In article <00A83319.9978C607@sendspamhere.org>,
>>	VAXman-  @SendSpamHere.ORG writes:

>>>:D
>>>
>>> One Deutschlander COVer who I haven't seen here in close to a dog's age
>>> was happy with some help I'd given him and he shipped me a package of 6
>>> assorted German beers.  I wouldn't have expected you to do the same.
>>
>>I drink German beer here all the time but it's just not the same as
>>drinking it there while watching the Handball Championships.
>
> I saved the bottles from the assortment, I'll have to post here the
> list of what he sent to me.

That would be cool.  Maybe pictures? :-)

Of course, while you can buy german beer here, you can't buy the really
good stuff.  Parkbrau! Pirmanator! :-)

bill

billg999@cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |
Reply billg999 (2588) 11/26/2008 2:46:58 PM

Don't know the part number but we purchased ours at Graybar in the USA
I think it was about $80

I can make some for you if you need some. Or go to www.graybar.com

--
David B Turner

Island Computers US Corp
PO Box 86
Tybee GA 31328

Toll Free: 1-877 636 4332 x201, Mobile x251
Email: dturner@islandco.com
International & Local: (001)- 404-806-7749
Fax: 912 786 8505
Web: www.islandco.com

"H Vlems" <hvlems@freenet.de> wrote in message
> This post probably belongs in comp.sys.dec but that group now carries
> more traffic concerning watches than DEC hardware so I'm posting here
> in c.o.v.
> Last weekend I rearranged my VAXes and Alpha's because I want to try
> an run as many as possible at the same time. They're now all wired to
> mains power and the network. The problem is connecting to the
> console.
> I use two pc's (old Compaq machines with DEC keyboards), each has
> three additional serial cards which means that they can handle 16
> systems directly. The other VAXes are daisy chained (TTA2-to-OPA0).
> The Alpha's use an HP DB9-to-DB9 cable that comes with their procurve
> switches and that works fine.
> The VAXes are MMJ only. Most of them are VAXstations BTW (4000-60,
> -90A and a VLC) configured for a serial console. The pc interfaces are
> fitted with H8571-J connectors, the problem is finding MMJ cables.
> I have connectors and wire but no tool to fix the connector to the
> flatcable.
> What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
> connectors?
> Hans

0
Reply dturner4 (178) 11/26/2008 3:26:31 PM

On 26 nov, 12:35, VAXman-  @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
> In article <19e0367c-d723-4413-85de-38253bdb4...@w35g2000yqm.googlegroups=
..com>, H Vlems <hvl...@freenet.de> writes:

> >{...snip...}
>
> >Can't offer you the real thing but would have sent you a postcard of
> >the Bavaria breweries, near to where I live.
>
> :D
>
> One Deutschlander COVer who I haven't seen here in close to a dog's age
> was happy with some help I'd given him and he shipped me a package of 6
> assorted German beers. =A0I wouldn't have expected you to do the same.
>
> --
> VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker =A0 =A0 =A0VAXman(at)TME=
SIS(dot)COM

> ... pejorative statements of opinion are entitled to constitutional prote=
ction
> no matter how extreme, vituperous, or vigorously expressed they may be. (=
NJSC)

> Copr. 2008 Brian Schenkenberger. =A0Publication of _this_ usenet article =
outside
> of usenet _must_ include its contents in its entirety including this copy=
right
> notice, disclaimer and quotations.

The sorry state the dutch beer industry is in would mean that =EFd have
sent you six different brands that all taste the same.
There's no Reinheitsgebot in the Netherlands. Just compare a German
lager and a Dutch beer...
Speaking of Belgian beers, now that is something quite different
though...
0
Reply hvlems (931) 11/26/2008 5:58:36 PM

On Nov 25, 3:23=A0am, H Vlems <hvl...@freenet.de> wrote:
> This post probably belongs in comp.sys.dec but that group now carries
> more traffic concerning watches than DEC hardware so I'm posting here
> in c.o.v.
> Last weekend I rearranged my VAXes and Alpha's because I want to try
> an run as many as possible at the same time. They're now all wired to
> mains power and the network. The problem is connecting to the
> console.
> I use two pc's (old Compaq machines with DEC keyboards), each has
> three additional serial cards which means that they can handle 16
> systems directly. The other VAXes are daisy chained (TTA2-to-OPA0).
> The Alpha's use an HP DB9-to-DB9 cable that comes with their procurve
> switches and that works fine.
> The VAXes are MMJ only. Most of them are VAXstations BTW (4000-60,
> -90A and a VLC) configured for a serial console. The pc interfaces are
> fitted with H8571-J connectors, the problem is finding MMJ cables.
> I have connectors and wire but no tool to fix the connector to the
> flatcable.
> What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
> connectors?
> Hans

Hans,

The tool you want is a 6P6C Crimp Tool. I have one, it only has the
6P6C MMJ crimp on it, plus two cable cutters.
I bought it years ago for serial console connections to VAX's and
still use the same cables with DB9 connectors
today when connecting to Alpha's and Itanium's. They are useful when
running headless systems and you want to
see the boot-up messages and have total control of the system. The
cables work over quite long distances, I have
one which must be over 20m long, and it works great.

I've searched google for "6P6C Crimp Tool" and they are still
available.

Alan Fay

0
Reply alan_fay (21) 12/1/2008 8:13:05 PM

On Nov 25, 3:23=A0am, H Vlems <hvl...@freenet.de> wrote:
> This post probably belongs in comp.sys.dec but that group now carries
> more traffic concerning watches than DEC hardware so I'm posting here
> in c.o.v.
> Last weekend I rearranged my VAXes and Alpha's because I want to try
> an run as many as possible at the same time. They're now all wired to
> mains power and the network. The problem is connecting to the
> console.
> I have connectors and wire but no tool to fix the connector to the
> flatcable.
> What is the partno for the crimptool that accomodates the MMJ
> connectors?
> Hans

We still have to occasionally make these cables so our tools have to
stay, but I've got the following.

Yellow plastic handles with removable dies
MOD-TAP
04-301
708-24439

The vendor we've been buying from for 15+ years no longer carries any
MMJ tools though; just the plugs.  No idea on current availability.
0
Reply jordan (1228) 12/2/2008 6:20:48 PM
comp.os.vms 20716 articles. 11 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

cables(cross-over cable or not)....
We have two(2) Cisco3620 routers. One is our gateway router with a FastEthernet card facing inward. The other has 2 FastEthernet cards in it, one facing our internal network, and one facing the gateway router. This router is being used to traffic shape. How should the 2 FastEthernet cards be connected? ie. by a crossover cable, or both pluged into a 100-Mb switch? Note, someone told me that a cross over cable reduces the speed to 10-Mb single duplex, is this true? Captain wrote: > How should the 2 FastEthernet cards be > connected? > > ie. by a crossover cable, or >...

cable Internet cable
I got a wireless router, so I'm trying to replace my cable Internet cable with a shorter one (about 6 feet). Anyone know if this will work? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=4117994&st=Coaxial+Cable&type=product&id=1051384699030 bob@coolgroups.com wrote: > I got a wireless router, so I'm trying to replace my cable Internet > cable with a shorter one (about 6 feet). > > Anyone know if this will work? > > http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=4117994&st=Coaxial+Cable&type=product&id=1051384699030 That&#...

Serial Cables
I need to make up some 30m serial cables. Can anyone advise which type of cable I need to buy, please? I only need 5 cores. Kind regards, -- RH <russell.hunter@sashait.co.uk> wrote in message news:1140996667.473750.206920@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I need to make up some 30m serial cables. > > Can anyone advise which type of cable I need to buy, please? > > I only need 5 cores. > > Kind regards, > -- > RH > If it's Async RS232 use cat5 and configurable RJ45 to DB9 or DB25 adapters and the EIA/TIA 561 standard http://www.zytrax.com/tech/laye...

Straight Cable and Cross Cable
Hello! I need information about Cabling. How to know which cable I need to use is it straight or cross cable[RJ45]? For example, I have a SONET system having LAN port to connect to some Router for outside world access. This scenior which Cable I need to use? and Please let me know When to use Straight Cable and When to use Cross Cable [RJ45]. Thanks, Hello again Rokr.... This time you wrote: > I need information about Cabling. > > How to know which cable I need to use is it straight or cross > cable[RJ45]? That depends on which interface you use the cable. > For exam...

Supply Cat5e Patch Cords,Cat5e Patch Cables,Network Patch Cables,Network Patch Cords,Unshielded Patch Cables,Cat6 Patch Cables,Cat6 Patch Cords
Supply Cat5e Patch Cords,Cat5e Patch Cables,Network Patch Cables,Network Patch Cords,Unshielded Patch Cables,Cat6 Patch Cables,Cat6 Patch Cords Supply Cat5e Patch Cords, Cat5e Patch Cables Network Patch Cables Network Patch Cords Unshielded Patch Cables Cat6 Patch Cables Cat6 Patch Cords UTP Patch Cords UTP Patch Cables STP Patch Cords STP Patch Cables FTP Patch Cords FTP Patch Cables Shielded Patch Cords Shielded Patch Cables Cat5 Patch Cords Cat5 Patch Cables China Patch Cords China PAtch Cables Please See More Details at the Link: http://www.cheerwe-telecom.com http://indonetwork.net/cheer...

Supply Cat5e Patch Cords,Cat5e Patch Cables,Network Patch Cables,Network Patch Cords,Unshielded Patch Cables,Cat6 Patch Cables,Cat6 Patch Cords
Supply Cat5e Patch Cords,Cat5e Patch Cables,Network Patch Cables,Network Patch Cords,Unshielded Patch Cables,Cat6 Patch Cables,Cat6 Patch Cords Made in China Supply Cat5e Patch Cords, Cat5e Patch Cables Network Patch Cables Network Patch Cords Unshielded Patch Cables Cat6 Patch Cables Cat6 Patch Cords UTP Patch Cords UTP Patch Cables STP Patch Cords STP Patch Cables FTP Patch Cords FTP Patch Cables Shielded Patch Cords Shielded Patch Cables Cat5 Patch Cords Cat5 Patch Cables China Patch Cords China PAtch Cables Patch Cable Manufacturers Patch Cords Manufacturers China ...

[rfc-dist] RFC 4639 on Cable Device Management Information Base for Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) Compliant Cable Modems and Cable Modem Termination Systems
A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries. RFC 4639 Title: Cable Device Management Information Base for Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) Compliant Cable Modems and Cable Modem Termination Systems Author: R. Woundy, K. Marez Status: Standards Track Date: December 2006 Mailbox: richard_woundy@cable.comcast.com, kevin.marez@motorola.com Pages: 88 ...

China HDMI Cable Manufacturer,HDMI Male to HDMI Male Cables,DVI to HDMI Cable
We are a proffesional manufacturer in China mainly produce HDM Cables,HDMI Cable Manufacturer,China HDMI Cable Manufacturer,HDMI Mal to HDMI Male Cables,DVI to HDMI Cable,HDMI M to DVI M Digital Vide Cable for Plasma DVD,HDMI Male To HDMI Male Cable, See More Details at the link: ' [URL=http://pondon.en.ecplaza.net]http://pondon.en.ecplaza.net (http://indonetwork.net/chinarj45/group+23034http://indonetwork.net/chinarj45/group+23034[/URL) http://ebaby88888.googlepages.com/china_hdmi_cable_manufacturer [image: http://indonetwork.net/member/397316_1.jpg] [image: http://indonetwork.net/memb...

OTDR: Launch Cable; Receive Cable
I'm familiar with the use of a launch cable with an OTDR, but, in reviewing the JDSU Fiber Test Reference Guide, http://lw.pennnet.com/whitepapers/wp.cfm?id=665, discusses the use of a receive cable as well. How important is a receive cable? On Apr 10, 2:46=A0pm, Rich <rjhi...@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm familiar with the use of a launch cable with an OTDR, but, in > reviewing the JDSU Fiber Test Reference Guide,http://lw.pennnet.com/whitep= apers/wp.cfm?id=3D665, > discusses the use of a receive cable as well. > > How important is a receive cable? Almost as importa...

BX Electrical Cable with Data Cable
We're about to lease space for 3 years. The owner has told us the network is pretty new. Everything is Cat6, etc in a drop ceiling. However, inside the drop ceiling is the cable all mixed with BX Electrical Cable. The cable is not shielded. A part of the decision process is due to a good network for the space we plan to lease. Is is totally Bad for BX to be run parallel, near, etc data cable or will it still meet specs ? We're a small trading firm and need a robust network. If it is truly Cat6 it meets spec. A big part of the spec is to have the cables tested, certified and docume...

NIDAQ 6868 cable same as SCSI2 cable?
A look at the NI 6868 cable and the SCSI2 68-pin cable appears similar. In fact they look quite the same, does anyone know whether they are or not? I am wondering if I should get a NIDAQ with the 68 pins or the NIDAQ card with 100 pins. But considering the 100pin cable is so expensive i might go with the 68pin card. By the way, anyone know where one can buy a 100pin cable inexpensively? Stephen, Here is a link to a Knowledge Base, which contains detailed information about our SH68-68-EP cables: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/36220E8F02BF21288625686900766E27?OpenDocument In ge...

Turning a crossover cable into a straight through cable
I have a 100ft crossover cable that I want to tun into a straight through cable. Could I just buy another 3ft crossover cable, and a connection adaptor to hook them together to turn it into a straight through? I once did this using a 50ft straight through cable, and a 3ft crossover cable to turn it into a crossover. Larry Roberts wrote: > I have a 100ft crossover cable that I want to tun into a > straight through cable. Could I just buy another 3ft crossover cable, > and a connection adaptor to hook them together to turn it into a > straight through? I once did this us...

Sound cable versus data cable
When one installs two cd roms in a system is it auto configured for souns via the data cable ofr does one need to have a Y cable that connects the two outputs from the cdrom drives? I need to k ow how to do this/ How does one check to see if the sound channel is operative for both drives other than trying to play them? On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:47:06 GMT, J. P. Willis <jopwill@ix.netcom.com> wrote: > > >When one installs two cd roms in a system is it auto configured for >souns via the data cable ofr does one need to have a Y cable that >connects the two ...

Crossover cable vs LAN cable
I've got two pc's and a friend who's helping me out with providing me with the necessary equipment to setting up a network between the two, but he gave me some homework of sorts. Could someone please help me out and do the crossover cable vs LAN cable? Thank you so very very much Kali On 30 Dec 2003 20:42:42 -0800, Lonax wrote: > I've got two pc's and a friend who's helping me out with providing me > with the necessary equipment to setting up a network between the two, > but he gave me some homework of sorts. > > Could someone please h...

VAXstation 3100 & 4000/VLC + BA350's and some RZ drives + SCSI cables + Serial Cables + Standard Power Cables
If anyone in the Phoenix area (I'm not willing to pack and ship) has an interest in one or more of: VAXstation 3100 VAXstation 4000/VLC Multiple BA350's with some RZ drives Box of SCSI cables Box of Serial cables Box of Standard Power Cables No fishing for one-off, if you want one cable, you get the box -- same with drives, etc. please let me know and be prepared to pick them up before Friday September 5th otherwise I'll be pitching them... Barry ...

Cables
Hi, I suspect many of you are like me in that you stash cables in a box. *Possibly* labeled "Cables". Or, if you are a bit more organized, "CAT5 Cables", "Printer Cables", "Centronics SCSI Cables", "VHDCI Cables", "10Base2 Cables", etc. For the most part, this works great for me. Except for CAT5 ("Ethernet") cables! The problem, there, is they come in too many different lengths. And, you usually want a length that closely matches your actual *need* (lest you end up with spools of "slack wire" around the plac...

Cables
if anyone ever needs them, we make a lot of DEC MMJ and RJ type cables for people Those pesky MMJ to MMJ BN16E cables etc David B Turner, Island Computers US Corp <dturner@islandco.com> wrote: > if anyone ever needs them, we make a lot of DEC MMJ and RJ type > cables for people > Those pesky MMJ to MMJ BN16E cables etc It looks to me like the MMJ connector is the same one now used for smart antenna connection to DTV converter boxes (and presumably also TVs). That should make them easier to find, along with the crimp tools. Maybe not, but they looked right to me. -- g...

cable ?
i'm getting a pair of hp50s and would like to know if i understand what i have read about program transfer from a 48x to the 50 one last time. the ir direct calc to calc will not work. i can hand key the programs in, but the 48x is full and i'm an hp (hunt and pecker), so that would take a long time. my best option is thru a pc but i don't get the cable thing. please tell me i'm wrong but am i really supossed to go to a bunch of stores hoping to find parts that have to be spliced and experimented with to get the 48 data into the pc????? am i correct that the 50 comes with a c...

Cabling...
I know it is not the right newsgroup but please... ....an urgent answer... the cable (UTP CAT5) between Router and Switch must be Streight or Cross? All cable in a LAN must be Streight, isn't it? Thanks Bye --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.545 / Virus Database: 339 - Release Date: 27/11/2003 AntoS wrote: > I know it is not the right newsgroup but please... > ...an urgent answer... > the cable (UTP CAT5) between Router and Switch must be Streight or > Cross? > > All cable in a LAN mu...

Cables
Hi, Is it possible to connect USB to parallel port please? Dave. In article <3c3847bb4e.daveandsylvia@daveandsylvia.plus.com>, dave <dave@daveandsylvia.plus.com> wrote: > Is it possible to connect USB to parallel port please? You can connect a computer with a USB port to a printer with a parallel port using a USB to parallel converter cable. Ian -- Ian Hamilton (RISC PC RO4) http://www.hamiltoni.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ (Iyonix RO5) Programs compatible with RISC OS 3/4/5 In article <4ebb4802fbIan.Hamilton@AAUG.Net>, Ia...

What is this cable for ?
Hi! Do you have any idea what this cable is for? It's got a userport connector at one end and a five-pin DIN plug at the other : <http://cjoint.com/?eCvhRZOVtW> Thanks! -- [SbM] <http://sebastienmarty.free.fr> - <http://tradintosh.free.fr> <http://sbm.ordinotheque.free.fr> - <http://palmiciel.free.fr> "If the French were really intelligent, they'd speak English" (W. Sheed) On Apr 28, 3:09 pm, sebastienma...@yahoo.fr (SbM) wrote: > Hi! > > Do you have any idea what this cable is for? It's got a userport > connector at one end ...

round cable vs non-round cable
performace wise, are round and not round cables equal on ultra 320 drives? ...

~~~ CABLE ~~~

Cable...
Lo everyone, Does anyone know of someone that makes a 24AWG or smaller shielded CAT6 cable? I can only find a 23AWG Shielded Cable (Made by RIT), but believe it or not, their own cable does not fit into their CAT6 RJ45 plugs.. *thwappes forehead*. If anyone knows of someone making a smaller CAT6 cable, PLEASE let me know ASAP. I'm desperate. -- me http://www.l-com.com/jump.jsp?lGen=detail&itemID=5037&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=102&iSubCat=68&iSubSubCat=0&iProductID=5037 "Chris Knipe" <savage@savage.za.org> wrote in message news:fq8rt-qn5....