node and port alloclass, cannot add a node to the cluster

I've a 2node cluster and I'm having trouble adding a 3rd node.
I've been reading the Cluster Systems manual for
ages but some points are still a bit obscure.

My cluster:
+--------------------------------------------------------+-----------------+
|                         SYSTEMS                        |     MEMBERS     |
+--------+--------------------------------+--------------+-------+---------+
|  NODE  |             HW_TYPE            |   SOFTWARE   | VOTES |  STATUS |
+--------+--------------------------------+--------------+-------+---------+
| OKAPI  | AlphaServer DS10L 617 MHz      | VMS V8.3     |     1 | MEMBER  |
| DONKEY | HP rx2620  (1.60GHz/3.0MB)     | VMS V8.3     |     1 | MEMBER  |
+--------+--------------------------------+--------------+-------+---------+

and I want to add a 3rd node, also ds10l.

All nodes boot from MSA1000, OKAPI from $1$DGA1:  and DONKEY from $1$DGA2:

I set up the MSA LUNs via CLI, so the above disks names are as they
appear in VMS.

I understand that number "1" in the above disk names is a port
allocation class. Is that correct?

I assigned both nodes a node allocation class, also 1.
Do I need to do this if the port allocation is already in use?

I run DECnet-Plus on both nodes.

Now I want to add a second alpha node (LLAMA) to the cluster, also to boot
from $1$DGA1. I run CLUSTER_CONFIG.COM from OKAPI, and specify that the
page and swap files for the new cluster member will be on its local disk.
At which point the program tells me to boot up the new cluster member,
and shows the message:

    Waiting for LLAMA to boot...

Following are the screen outputs from 3 nodes:

on LLAMA during booting
*******************

%CNXMAN,  Sending VMScluster membership request to system DONKEY
%CNXMAN,  Now a VMScluster member -- system OKAPI
%STDRV-I-STARTUP, OpenVMS startup begun at  7-SEP-2007 15:49:09.14
%CNXMAN,  Lost connection to system DONKEY
%PEA0, Port has Closed Virtual Circuit - REMOTE NODE OKAPI

%CNXMAN,  Quorum lost, blocking activity

%CNXMAN,  Timed-out lost connection to system DONKEY
%CNXMAN,  Proposing reconfiguration of the VMScluster
%CNXMAN,  Removed from VMScluster system DONKEY
%CNXMAN,  Completing VMScluster state transition
%PEA0, Port has Closed Virtual Circuit - REMOTE NODE DONKEY

	At this point DONKEY crashes:

on DONKEY
***************

$

**** OpenVMS I64 Operating System V8.3     - BUGCHECK ****

** Bugcheck code = 000005DC: CLUEXIT, Node voluntarily exiting VMScluster
** Crash CPU: 00000000    Primary CPU: 00000000    Node Name: DONKEY
** Supported CPU count:   00000002
** Active CPUs:           00000000.00000003
** Current Process:       NULL
** Current PSB ID:        00000001
** Image Name:

	After rebooting DONKEY it cannot form cluster with OKAPI

on DONKEY after rebooting
*******************************

%CNXMAN,  Lost connection to system OKAPI
%PKB0, Copyright (c) 2001 LSI Logic, PKM V1.1.01
%PKB0, SCSI Chip is LSI53C1030, Operating mode is LVD Ultra320 SCSI
%PKB0, LSI53C1030 firmware version is 1.3.35.65
%MSCPLOAD-I-CONFIGSCAN, enabled automatic disk serving
%CNXMAN,  Timed-out lost connection to system OKAPI
%PEA0, Virtual Circuit Timeout - REMOTE NODE OKAPI

%PEA0, Inappropriate SCA Control Message - FLAGS/OPC/STATUS/PORT  00/22/00/FE

	while LLAMA discovered DONKEY but still cannot connect

on LLAMA after rebooting DONKEY
*************************************

%CNXMAN,  Discovered system DONKEY
%PEA0, Virtual Circuit Timeout - REMOTE NODE DONKEY

%CNXMAN,  Discovered system DONKEY
%PEA0, Virtual Circuit Timeout - REMOTE NODE DONKEY

%PEA0, Inappropriate SCA Control Message - FLAGS/OPC/STATUS/PORT  00/22/00/FE

%PEA0, Virtual Circuit Timeout - REMOTE NODE DONKEY

%PEA0, Virtual Circuit Timeout - REMOTE NODE DONKEY

%PEA0, Virtual Circuit Timeout - REMOTE NODE DONKEY

on OKAPI all this time
***********************************

    Waiting for LLAMA to boot...
    Waiting for LLAMA to boot...

	If I now shutdown LLAMA, the old 2node DONKEY-OKAPI cluster is formed

on DONKEY after issuing RMC>reset on LLAMA

%PEA0, Virtual Circuit Timeout - REMOTE NODE OKAPI

%CNXMAN,  Established connection to system OKAPI
%CNXMAN,  Now a VMScluster member -- system DONKEY

Two final questions. While runnig CLUSTER_CONFIG.COM I see these 2 warnings:

  WARNING: If the node being added is a voting member, EXPECTED_VOTES for
           every cluster member must be adjusted.  For complete instructions
           check the section on configuring a cluster in the "OpenVMS Cluster
           Systems" manual.

  CAUTION: If this cluster is running with multiple system disks and
           common system files will be used, please, do not proceed
           unless appropriate logical names are defined for cluster
           common files in SYLOGICALS.COM. For instructions, refer to
           the "OpenVMS Cluster Systems" manual.

I understand that I need to adjust EXPECTED_VOTES only after the new
node is added successfully. Is that correct?

I understand that "multiple system disks" means multiple system
disks for the same architecture, i.e. 2 alpha system disks, or 3 i64
system disks. As I only have a single alpha and a single I64 disk I
presume I don't have "multiple system disks". Is that correct?

many thanks
anton

--
Anton Shterenlikht
Room 2.6, Queen's Building

In article <20070907155014.GA46122@mech-aslap33.men.bris.ac.uk>, Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bristol.ac.uk> writes:

> %CNXMAN,  Lost connection to system DONKEY

   Running through all the messages it really looks like you've got
   a network problem.

>   CAUTION: If this cluster is running with multiple system disks and
>            common system files will be used, please, do not proceed
>            unless appropriate logical names are defined for cluster
>            common files in SYLOGICALS.COM. For instructions, refer to
>            the "OpenVMS Cluster Systems" manual.
>
> I understand that I need to adjust EXPECTED_VOTES only after the new
> node is added successfully. Is that correct?

   I'd set the proper number of VOTES and EXPECTED_VOTES once you
   decide what they are.  In your case 1 each and 3, or 1 per boot
   disk and 2.

> I understand that "multiple system disks" means multiple system
> disks for the same architecture, i.e. 2 alpha system disks, or 3 i64
> system disks. As I only have a single alpha and a single I64 disk I
> presume I don't have "multiple system disks". Is that correct?

   You do have multiple system disks as far as the logical names refered
   to in the above message are concerned.  For example, there should
   only be one SYSUAF and all three nodes should have a logical name
   pointing to it, unless it just happens to be findable in sys$system:
   on that node.  So if you put it in sys$common:[sysexe] on the disk
   the Alphas share then you only really need to define that on the
   IA64.

0
koehler2 (8314)
9/7/2007 5:22:56 PM
Bob Koehler wrote:
> In article <20070907155014.GA46122@mech-aslap33.men.bris.ac.uk>, Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bristol.ac.uk> writes:
>
>>%CNXMAN,  Lost connection to system DONKEY
>

>    Running through all the messages it really looks like you've got
>    a network problem.
>

>>  CAUTION: If this cluster is running with multiple system disks and
>>           common system files will be used, please, do not proceed
>>           unless appropriate logical names are defined for cluster
>>           common files in SYLOGICALS.COM. For instructions, refer to
>>           the "OpenVMS Cluster Systems" manual.
>>
>>I understand that I need to adjust EXPECTED_VOTES only after the new
>>node is added successfully. Is that correct?
>

>    I'd set the proper number of VOTES and EXPECTED_VOTES once you
>    decide what they are.  In your case 1 each and 3, or 1 per boot
>    disk and 2.
>

>>I understand that "multiple system disks" means multiple system
>>disks for the same architecture, i.e. 2 alpha system disks, or 3 i64
>>system disks. As I only have a single alpha and a single I64 disk I
>>presume I don't have "multiple system disks". Is that correct?
>

>    You do have multiple system disks as far as the logical names refered
>    to in the above message are concerned.  For example, there should
>    only be one SYSUAF and all three nodes should have a logical name
>    pointing to it, unless it just happens to be findable in sys$system:
>    on that node.  So if you put it in sys$common:[sysexe] on the disk
>    the Alphas share then you only really need to define that on the
>    IA64.

While what Bob says is correct, but I'm pretty sure it's not your
problem.  You'll end up with multiple SYSUAF's, multiple queue databases,
etc., but that's actually legitimate in some cases (non-homogeneous
cluster.)  And it won't keep the cluster from forming.

You mention a pagefile on the local disk on the new DS10L.  Do you
have local disks on more than one node?  If so, you want the allocation
classes to be *different* on each node, unless the "local" disks are
actually on a shared SCSI bus.  If you have 2 $1$dka0:'s because
both alphas (or all 3 systems) have a local SCSI disk named DKA0:,
you will have problems, and quite possibly the cluster won't form
or one of the nodes will get booted out as soon as it tries to
access one of the colliding disks.

There are three reasons to have allocation classes:  1) shadowing
requires them, 2) to prevent colliding disk names so you can serve
them to the other systems and 3) to make sure and disks on a shared
SCSI bus have the same name when viewed from any of the systems.
If you have allocation class set to 0, then the local disks on
node HORSE will be called HORSE$DKcnnn:, and the local disks on
node ZEBRA will be ZEBRA$DKcnnn:, which will work fine unless you
want to shadow, or connect two of the local SCSI buses together.

If instead you assign allocation classes to each system, you
want them to be different.  I.E. HORSE has 255, ZEBRA has 254,
etc.  Then HORSE's local disk names are $255$DKcnnn: and
ZEBRA's disks are $254$DKcnnn:, no collisions in the name
space, and now you can shadow.  However, shared SCSI buses
will not work.

To use shared SCSI buses, all the disks on a given bus must
have the same name when viewed from any host on that bus.
So you can either give all the systems the SAME allocation
class (but again break non-shared disks, unless they all
happen to have different controller letters and/or unit
numbers, maybe), or the best solution is to give each bus
a port allocation class that is the same on all systems.
In this case, the bus can be connected to different
controllers on each system, i.e. the "A" bus on one and
the "B" bus on another, since with port allocation classes,
VMS uses a fake device name that is always controller "A".
For example, if the DKBnnn: bus on one system is connected
to the DKCnnn: bus on the other, then if the PKB: controller
on the first system and the PKC: controller on the second
are both assigned port allocation class 3, the disks will
appear as $3$DKAnnn: on both systems.  This makes configuring
much more flexible.

SAN disks, such as MSA1000's, always show up as $1$DGAnnnn:,
(always allocation class 1, always device name DG, always
controller "A".)  They act kind of like a shared SCSI bus
with port allocation class 1 on all systems.  So you don't
have to worry about name collisions there, but you do have
to make sure all the unit id's are different if you have
more than 1 SAN array.

(SAN tapes are always allocation class 2, i.e. $2$MGAnnnn:)

What this all boils down to is you need a set of rules for
preventing name collisions for different devices and ensuring
names are the same for shared devices.

Many people do this by assigning each host a different
allocation class, counting down from 255.  Then they
assign each shared SCSI bus a port allocation class, counting
up from 3.  (Skipping 1 and 2 used by the MSA1000 or other
SAN arrays.)

Or you could Google back to a fairly recent post where someone
else explained all this, probably much better and including some
edge cases I've forgotten about....

HTH

--
John Santos
Evans Griffiths & Hart, Inc.
Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
> [snip]
> All nodes boot from MSA1000, OKAPI from $1$DGA1:  and DONKEY from $1$DGA2:
>
> I set up the MSA LUNs via CLI, so the above disks names are as they
> appear in VMS.
>
> I understand that number "1" in the above disk names is a port
> allocation class. Is that correct?

No. Fibre-channel disks always get ALLOCLASS 1. Fibre channel tapes always get
ALLOCLASS 2.

Port allocation classes are assigned in SYS$SYSTEM:SYS$DEVICES.DAT like so:

[Port MYNODE$PKA]
allocation class = 10

...., for example, will cause all the direct-attached SCSI drives (including HSZ
units) to be $10$DKAu:

> I assigned both nodes a node allocation class, also 1.
> Do I need to do this if the port allocation is already in use?

If you intend to use HBVS, it may be a requirement that the node's ALLOCLASS is
non-zero. I'd use something other than 1 or 2, myself.

> I run DECnet-Plus on both nodes.

YYYYEEECCCHHHH!

--
David J Dachtera
dba DJE Systems

Unofficial OpenVMS Marketing Home Page
http://www.djesys.com/vms/market/

http://www.djesys.com/vms/soho/

Unofficial OpenVMS-IA32 Home Page:
http://www.djesys.com/vms/ia32/

http://www.djesys.com/vms/support/
0
djesys.no (1536)
9/20/2007 12:43:09 AM
HBVS does not require ALLOCLASS to be non-zero. It requires the
participating disk devices to have a non-zero allocation class. In an
environment with only FC attached disks, setting ALLOCLASS to zero on
all systems has the advantage that, for instance, local attached CD or
tape drives get a name like <node>$DQA0:, which is more descriptive
than $n$DQA0:

Bart Zorn

On Sep 20, 2:43 am, David J Dachtera <djesys...@spam.comcast.net>
wrote:
> Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
> > [snip]
> > All nodes boot from MSA1000, OKAPI from $1$DGA1:  and DONKEY from $1$DGA2:
>
> > I set up the MSA LUNs via CLI, so the above disks names are as they
> > appear in VMS.
>
> > I understand that number "1" in the above disk names is a port
> > allocation class. Is that correct?
>
> No. Fibre-channel disks always get ALLOCLASS 1. Fibre channel tapes always get
> ALLOCLASS 2.
>
> Port allocation classes are assigned in SYS$SYSTEM:SYS$DEVICES.DAT like so:
>
> [Port MYNODE$PKA]
> allocation class = 10
>
> ..., for example, will cause all the direct-attached SCSI drives (including HSZ
> units) to be $10$DKAu:
>
> > I assigned both nodes a node allocation class, also 1.
> > Do I need to do this if the port allocation is already in use?
>
> If you intend to use HBVS, it may be a requirement that the node's ALLOCLASS is
> non-zero. I'd use something other than 1 or 2, myself.
>
> > I run DECnet-Plus on both nodes.
>
> YYYYEEECCCHHHH!
>
> --
> David J Dachtera
> dba DJE Systemshttp://www.djesys.com/
>
> Unofficial OpenVMS Marketing Home Pagehttp://www.djesys.com/vms/market/
>
> Unofficial Affordable OpenVMS Home Page:http://www.djesys.com/vms/soho/
>
> Unofficial OpenVMS-IA32 Home Page:http://www.djesys.com/vms/ia32/
>
> Unofficial OpenVMS Hobbyist Support Page:http://www.djesys.com/vms/support/

0
Bart.Zorn2 (178)
9/20/2007 6:45:31 AM
On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 10:46:26AM -0700, BaxterD@tessco.com wrote:
> On Sep 7 2007, 11:50am, Anton Shterenlikht <me...@bristol.ac.uk>
> wrote:
>> I've a 2node cluster and I'm having trouble adding a 3rd node.

	[skip]

> Anton,
>
> Returning to your original problem, I think the answer is in the
> output.
>
>     Below, LLAMA is booting, sends request to DONKEY, however it
> joins
> the cluster as OKAPI, vis.
> "%CNXMAN,  Now a VMScluster member -- system OKAPI"
>
> This implies to me, that LLAMA is booting from the wrong root, i.e.
> that the BOOT_OSFLAGS is incorrectly set at the console level on
> LLAMA.
>

> If LLAMA is booting from  SYS0 root, BOOT_OSFLAGS should be 0,0
> If LLAMA is booting from  SYS1 root, BOOT_OSFLAGS should be 1,0
> If LLAMA is booting from  SYS2 root, BOOT_OSFLAGS should be 2,0
>

> etc, etc.
>

> I assume that OKAPI is on SYS0, since it is the original Alpha
> node.    If LLAMA boots with boot flags set to 0,0 it will try to
> come
> up as OKAPI, which is a problem since OKAPI is already up.
>

> Dave.
>

> on LLAMA during booting
> *******************
>

> %CNXMAN,  Sending VMScluster membership request to system DONKEY
> %CNXMAN,  Now a VMScluster member -- system OKAPI
> %STDRV-I-STARTUP, OpenVMS startup begun at  7-SEP-2007 15:49:09.14
> %CNXMAN,  Lost connection to system DONKEY
> %PEA0, Port has Closed Virtual Circuit - REMOTE NODE OKAPI
>

> %CNXMAN,  Quorum lost, blocking activity

Dave, many thanks. It's been a while, but I still haven't sorted this out.
I'll give this a go now.

thanks again
anton

--
Anton Shterenlikht
Room 2.6, Queen's Building
Mech Eng Dept
Bristol University
University Walk, Bristol BS8 1TR, UK
Tel: +44 (0)117 928 8233
Fax: +44 (0)117 929 4423
0
Anton

cannot ssh from master node to slave node in cluster
PROBLEM ------- I was able to ssh from the master node (server) to a slave node (oscarnode1) previously. That means ssh was running properly previously. But now, I can't login to oscarnode1. I tried ping and it works perfectly. Meanwhile, I can still ssh from server to all other nodes successfully. How this happens is that I am running MPI programs (using MPICH) from the master node on the slave nodes using "mpirun -np 8 allgatherv2". Everything works fine until my program appear to consume too much on oscarnode1 (as seen from the /var/log/messages), forcing oscarnode1 to 'die'. Now, I can't 1) "ssh oscarnode1" 2) "mpirun -np 8 allgatherv2" (possibly caused by the 'dead' oscarnode1) output from /var/log/messages: ----------- Sep 7 20:19:09 oscarnode1 sshd(pam_unix)[2000]: session opened for user csyeo by (uid=0) Sep 7 20:20:56 oscarnode1 sshd(pam_unix)[2018]: session opened for user csyeo by (uid=0) Sep 7 20:21:17 oscarnode1 kernel: Out of Memory: Killed process 2001(allgatherv2). Sep 7 20:21:28 oscarnode1 sshd(pam_unix)[2000]: session closed for user csyeo Sep 7 20:21:42 oscarnode1 sshd(pam_unix)[2082]: session opened for user csyeo by (uid=0) ----------- Now, I try running ssh with -v option to debug, it is not responding after showing the below: ----------- [csyeo@server csyeo]$ ssh -v oscarnode1 OpenSSH_3.1p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090602f debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config deb...

Add a Third node in a cluster
Hi, I'm looking for a procedure to add a Third node into an existing 2 Nodes Sun Cluster 3.1. The Cluster is connected to a SAN Borcades and HDS. Any one have this kind of informations. Best regards In article <1120904149.473016.246070@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, <akim_ziadi@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I'm looking for a procedure to add a Third node into an existing 2 >Nodes Sun Cluster 3.1. The Cluster is connected to a SAN Borcades and >HDS. > >Any one have this kind of informations. >Best regards > http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817...

Inserting Nodes between Nodes

select nodes with child node A and child node B

node-node adjacency matrix to a node-arc adjacency matrix
I have been trying to figure out how to create a arc-node adjacency matrix from a node-node adjacency matrix, for example: node-node adj A = [0 1 0 1 1; 0 0 1 1 0; 0 0 0 1 1; 0 0 0 0 1; 0 0 0 0 0]; looking for the following links: 1-2,1-4,1-5,2-3,2-4,3-4,3-5,4-5 arc-node adj B =[ 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 -1 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 -1 0 1 1 0 0 -1 0 0 -1 -1 0 1 0 0 -1 0 0 0 -1 -1]; Any help will be greatly appreciated: I have tried to develop a for loop using "A" and assigning -1 to the tail end of the link but with no succes...

One node experiencing heavy load(OS) in 2 node RAC
I have been unable to resolve a stubborn, unpredictable problem, with one node in a 2 node RAC system(9.2.0.6) experiencing unexplained heavy loads. The problem surfaced after this system ran with no problems for 3 months. The "hanging" node will prevent further session creation although existing OS processes and oracle sessions continue. My other node works nornally so databsae access is uninterrupted. I am running Red Hat AS 3 and I have experienced the problem with kernels 2.4.21-27 and 2.4.21-32. The servers are two Dell 1850s. We are also using an Network Appliance filer NAS. The problem seems to only occur in the hours from 1am-approx 6am. There are no cron jobs running at that time that would cause the hangs. Nothing that would suggest a cause has been seen in the OS's messages file or Oracle logs file. Producing an RDA snapshots does not show anything of interest. I have an open TAR with Oracle about this problem with no resolution from them yet. If anyone else has seen this behavior I would like to know what your determination of the cause was. Lastly this is my first experience with Oracle RAC so there may be a configuration item I missed. However since my configuration ran perfectly for 3 months makes me suspect that that is not the case. ...

VMS to VMS copying between Nodes
Hi Folks, With Decnet running I could do Node to Node VMS copying easily (did it use LAT?) with the copy command and specifying a remote node - it was neat. With only TCP/IP this doesn't work for me, it just says 'remote node unknown'. Does anyone know how to make it work with TCP/IP? Am I trying the wrong thing here? Thanks in advance Simon In article <b2d9b89e.0401070723.2a440932@posting.google.com>, simon.adaway@ukaea.org.uk (Simon) writes: > > With Decnet running I could do Node to Node VMS copying easily (did it > use LAT?) with the copy command and specify...

Sun Cluster 3.3 : second node crash when first node crash
Hello, First : thanks for reading ... :o) I've just installed a Sun Cluster 3.3 on 2 sol 10 x86 nodes ( 2 VMs on ESXi 5.1 ). Node Name Present Possible Status --------- ------- -------- ------ master 1 1 Online slave 0 0 Online All seems to be ok for the moment. I'm doing a test : Hard Power Off the first node, just to check if the quorum switch to the slave. But few seconds after this : the slave freeze and reset and stays at boot waiting a for a second node. If i don't boot the master, the slave does not want to boot. It's is normal ? it's very strange and every time i'm doing this test. Why my second node reset when i power off the master ! Thanks you for help. And sorry for my english. I'm french. Regards Manu nslmanu <nslmanu@gmail.com> wrote: > But few seconds after this : the slave freeze and reset and stays at boot waiting a for a second node. If i don't boot the master, the slave does not want to boot. > > It's is normal ? it's very strange and every time i'm doing this test. Why my second node reset when i power off the master ! What kind of quorum device your cluster have? Cluster needs n+1 quorum in order to be operational. what does scstat -q say? or clquorum list -v Sami > What kind of quorum device your cluster have? Cluster needs n+1 quorum in &...

2-node LAVC cluster with quorum disk - network disappears
Gentle colleagues, despite working with VMS clusters for the last 100 or so years, I'm stuck for an answer to this query: Scenario: NODE1 <------ Ethernet ------> NODE2 + + | | | | +----- Shared SCSI bus --------+ | | | Disks including quorum disk Both nodes have 1 vote, as does the quorum disk, expected votes set to 3, quorum therefore is 2. Ethernet gets, ahem, "disconnected". One of the nodes voluntarily exits the clu...

PCT and DCS: How can I reserve nodes in a cluster only once, and use the nodes to run my batch jobs as needed?
Hi, I have Matlab R2009a on a cluster with DCS and LSF. I use the cluster to run large matlab programs that require multiple batch (non-interactive) jobs to compute a final result. My problem is that all the queues in the cluster have long waits, so I'd strongly prefer to avoid having my batch scripts waiting for free slots from LSF every time I need to run a batch job. Is there a way of reserving nodes ahead in the cluster and just once, and then use the nodes to run my batch scripts as required? In case it is useful, I have been using the following sequence of statements every time I need to run a batch job. 1) findResource 2) createJob 3) createTask 4) submit 5) waitForState Thank you "AMVR " <ribonucleico@gmail.com> writes: > I have Matlab R2009a on a cluster with DCS and LSF. I use the cluster to run > large matlab programs that require multiple batch (non-interactive) jobs to > compute a final result. > > My problem is that all the queues in the cluster have long waits, so I'd > strongly prefer to avoid having my batch scripts waiting for free slots from > LSF every time I need to run a batch job. > > Is there a way of reserving nodes ahead in the cluster and just once, and then > use the nodes to run my batch scripts as required? I don't know of any way to do this - but I'm not an expert in using LSF. One alternative approach might be to start up a MATLABPOOL on your LSF workers (which keeps the...

xsl variable $node/text() but $node can non-node-set help!

removing a node from a node-set
Hi, I have a template "delete-node" with two arguments containing document fragments when called. I want to return a new document fragment which contains all nodes from argument 2 except the one which is contained in argument 1. The code currently looks like this: <xsl:template name="delete-node"> <xsl:param name="todelete" /> <xsl:param name="notprocessed" /> <xsl:copy-of select="$notprocessed[not(@id = $todelete/node/@id)]"/> </xsl:template> And an example for $todelete is: <node id='x'> ... </node> and $notprocessed contains a few of those nodes including the one with id 'x'. Is there a solution to this problem without using exsl:node-set()? ...

Looking A Nodes From Within Nodes

Why treat text nodes as nodes?
One of the things I find most unnatural about most XML APIs is that they try to abstract both elements and text into some kind of "node" object when they have virtually nothing in common. The reason these APIs do it is to make it possible for both text and elements to be children of elements. But there is another way. The XPath/XQuery data model does not allow two consecutive text nodes. As far as I can tell, most XML processing software automatically merges consecutive text nodes. This means that the number of text segments directly under an element is bound by the number of sub-elements plus 1 (PIs and comments may be treated as "pseudo-elements" for this purpose). As a result, it is always possible to associate each text segment with the element immediately preceding it within the parent and associate the first text element with the parent itself. No more text nodes. The only API I know that uses this trick is the ElementTree API for Python by Fredrik Lundh (http://effbot.org/zone/element-index.htm). Each Element object has a text and tail property for the text immediately inside the element and text following it within its parent element. Elements always have a tag, attributes and and zero or more children - which are always other elements. No mixed types. The text and tail attributes are always strings. This model should be very convenient for statically-typed languages like Java or C++. I find it ironic that this idea is probably used only in Pyt...

[ciao-users] Relationship cardinality between Node Manager, Node App Manager and Node App

Two node ES80 cluster to EVA5000, RWSCS and high CR_WAITS on VMS$VAXcluster
Hello, We have recently started seeing processes in RWSCS and high CR_WAITS (860) on the cluster. The first clue came from AMDS complaining. The primary node is running a database application and the second node is used for interactive logins accessing the same database. Here is some output from $ANALYZE/SYSTEM LCK STAT/ALL: NODE A: Total Locks . . . . . . . . . . . . : 308480 Local Copy Locks . . . . . . : 74573 Process Copy Locks . . . . . : 172297 Master Copy Locks . . . . . . : 61414 Cached Locks . . . . . . . . : 196 Tota...

The difference between new node() and new node?
now, I define the struct following: struct node { bool match; node* child[27]; }; What's the difference between 1) node *Trie=new node(); and 2) node *Trie = new node; On Sep 5, 6:52=A0pm, remlostime <remlost...@gmail.com> wrote: > now, I define the struct following: > struct node > { > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 bool match; > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 node* child[27]; > > }; > > What's the difference between > 1) node *Trie=3Dnew node(); and 2) node *Trie =3D new node; no difference. On Sep 5, 12:52 pm, remlostime <remlost...@gmail.com> wrote: > now, I de...

Text nodes and element nodes query
Hi all, The code below gets me a list of all the nodes within the node object called xml_tags_root. NodeList nl = xml_tags_root.getChildNodes(); The length of nodelist I get is double the number of actual elements! This is because after every element node there is text node which is (I think) the whitespace in the XML document. Is there a way to get only the element nodes? Please advice. thanks, ASD Hi, Look at getElementsByTagName(....) Regards, Arnaud "asd" <arvindsd@yahoo.com> a �crit dans le message news: 1116833345.887839.95270@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... &...

XSLT Child node of a specific node

PSTricks--Node relative to another node?
In PSTricks, how do I define the position of one node relative to another node? That is, suppose I have defined node A; how do I define node B say, to at the coordinates of A + (0.5*\n, -1), where \n is a counter in a multi-do. -- Professor Edward M. Reingold Email: reingold@iit.edu Department of Computer Science Voice: (312) 567-3309 Illinois Institute of Technology Fax: (312) 567-5067 Stuart Building, 228F 10 West 31st Street Chicago, IL 60616-3729 U.S.A. On 3 z=C3=A1=C5=99, 20:19, reing...@emr.cs.iit.edu (Edward M. Reingold) wro= te: > In PSTricks, how do I define the position of one node relative to another > node? =C2=A0That is, suppose I have defined node A; how do I define node = B say, to > at the coordinates of A + (0.5*\n, -1), where \n is a counter in a multi-= do. > -- I think that a clever combination of \hbox to 0 pt, \vbox to 0 pt, \hss, \vss, \hskip and \vskip (or \kern) can be used to resolve the problem. Simply put (to the same place as node A) box with zero width and zero height, vhich contains another node shifted ... units left- right and ... units top-bottom. Remember to clean spaces from line ends, if necessary. Robert. > > Professor Edward M. Reingold =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 = =C2=A0 =C2=A0Email: reing...@iit.edu > Department of Computer Science =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 = =C2=A0Voice: (312) 567-3309 > Illinois Institute of Technology =C2=A0 =C...

Get XML values from nodes and child nodes
Hi everybody. My XML file is: <Locatore> <NumeroProgressivo>001</NumeroProgressivo> <CodiceFiscale>CSTNDA69P90H523R</CodiceFiscale> <PersoneFisiche> <Cognome>CAST</Cognome> <Nome>NADIR</Nome> <Sesso>F</Sesso> <DataNascita>10091979</DataNascita> <ComuneNascita>RONCA</ComuneNascita> <ProvinciaNascita>BL</ProvinciaNascita> </PersoneFisiche> </Locatore> <Locatore> <NumeroProgressivo>002</NumeroProgressivo> <CodiceFiscale>PRSGRI74L29F443L</CodiceFiscale> <PersoneFisiche> <Cognome>PERISSI</Cognome> <Nome>IGOR</Nome> <Sesso>M</Sesso> <DataNascita>29071970</DataNascita> <ComuneNascita>MONTE</ComuneNascita> <ProvinciaNascita>SA</ProvinciaNascita> </PersoneFisiche> </Locatore> I need to get in ONE RECORD, both node value and his child nodes values, like this 001 | CSTNDA69P90H523R | CAST | NADIR | F | 10091979 | RONCA | BL 002 | PRSGRI74L29F443L | PERISSI | IGOR | M | 29071970 | MONTE | SA ..... With this: SELECT X.valore.query('NumeroProgressivo').value('.', 'VARCHAR(20)') as NumeroProgressivo, X.valore.query('CodiceFiscale').value('.', 'VARCHAR(16)') as CodiceFiscale FROM Tbulk CROSS APPLY Tbulk.nodes('Fornitura/Documento/S...

Selecting Nodes Using Subtotal of Child Nodes
I'm having difficulty finding the correct syntax that will allow me to select a group of invoices based on the total of an amount column located in its line items. Below are simplified examples of my XML and XSLT files: XML FILE <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="OutstandingInvoiceBalances.xslt"?> <ProgramData> <Invoices> <InvoiceID>1</InvoiceID> <InvoiceNumber>100</InvoiceNumber> <Amount>1000.00</Amount> </Invoices> <Invoices> <InvoiceID>2</InvoiceID> <InvoiceNumber>101</InvoiceNumber> <Amount>2000.00</Amount> </Invoices> <Invoices> <InvoiceID>3</InvoiceID> <InvoiceNumber>102</InvoiceNumber> <Amount>3000.00</Amount> </Invoices> <InvoiceLineItems> <InvoiceLineItemID>1</InvoiceLineItemID> <InvoiceID>1</InvoiceID> <AmountToPay>0</AmountToPay> </InvoiceLineItems> <InvoiceLineItems> <InvoiceLineItemID>2</InvoiceLineItemID> <InvoiceID>2</InvoiceID> <AmountToPay>100</AmountToPay> </InvoiceLineItems> <InvoiceLineItems> <InvoiceLineItemID>3</InvoiceLineItemID> <InvoiceID>2</InvoiceID> <AmountToPay>200</AmountToP...

what is a node?
Hello, ETeX has a command \lastnodetype that allow the user to know what is the last node on the current math, horizontal, or vertical list. There is only one problem: I don't know what is a node in TeX: please, can someone explain me in simple words what are things like "char node, hlist node, vlist node, ins node" etc.? Thanks. On 25 Jul 2006 02:07:02 -0700, chedva.aleph@gmail.com wrote: >Hello, > >ETeX has a command \lastnodetype that allow the user to know what is >the last node on the current math, horizontal, or vertical list. There >is only one problem: I don't know what is a node in TeX: please, can >someone explain me in simple words what are things like "char node, >hlist node, vlist node, ins node" etc.? When TeX processes a paragraph, it first prepares a "horizontal list". Many TeX commands add items to that list. For example, a plain character adds a "char node", which is basically a cue to include the given character of the current font at the current location. As another example, changing languages or colors adds a "whatsit node". Spaces or \hskip commands add "glue nodes". When TeX begins breaking the paragraph, the list of nodes determines where breaking is permitted and the glue nodes determine where stretching and shrinking can occur. The TeXbook may refer to these things as "items". In non-e TeX, the only access to the previous node is through a few s...

Renaming a node in cluster
1025 NODE1 1 vote (oldest node generally granting cluster membership) 1026 NODE2 2 votes (changing to 1 vote) 1027 NODE3 1 vote 1028 CRAP 0 vote Ok, so now I want to rename "CRAP" to NODE4, keep its same SCSSYSTEMID and give it 1 vote. And I want this without having to shutdown the whole cluster (aka: wish to preserve cluster uptime :-) If I update CRAP to become NODE4, and then reboot it, NODE4 should be refused membership in the cluster and be prevented from continued booting, correct ? If I then sequentially reboot each of the other 3 nodes, would they not forget ...

Web resources about - node and port alloclass, cannot add a node to the cluster - comp.os.vms