f



OT: Season's Greetings

I'm off for the rest of the year so let me be the first to wish my colleges (local and abroad) "The Merriest of Season's Greetings"

Neil Rieck
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/n.rieck/ 
 
0
Neil
12/23/2016 3:09:15 PM
comp.os.vms 21904 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

6 Replies
717 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 25

On 12/23/16 10:09 AM, Neil Rieck wrote:
> I'm off for the rest of the year so let me be the first to wish my colleges (local and abroad) "The Merriest of Season's Greetings"
>
> Neil Rieck
> Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
> http://www3.sympatico.ca/n.rieck/
>
>

I would like to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas, Frohe Weinachten,
Vrolijk Kerstfeest, Joyeux Noël, Feliz Navidad, Buon Natale, Veselé
Vianoce.

Hope I got everybody. I ran out opf languages I know (well, except
Hawaiian but I don't think we have anyone here who speaks it.)

And a happy and healthy New Year.

Oh yeah, and I have been off for years.

bill

0
Bill
12/23/2016 4:29:41 PM
On 23-Dec-2016 18:29, Bill Gunshannon wrote:
> On 12/23/16 10:09 AM, Neil Rieck wrote:
>> I'm off for the rest of the year so let me be the first to wish my colleges
>> (local and abroad) "The Merriest of Season's Greetings"
>>
>> Neil Rieck
>> Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
>> http://www3.sympatico.ca/n.rieck/
>>
>>
>
> I would like to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas, Frohe Weinachten,
> Vrolijk Kerstfeest, Joyeux Noël, Feliz Navidad, Buon Natale, Veselé
> Vianoce.
>
> Hope I got everybody. I ran out opf languages I know (well, except
> Hawaiian but I don't think we have anyone here who speaks it.)
>
> And a happy and healthy New Year.
>
> Oh yeah, and I have been off for years.
>
> bill
>
Also
Chag same'ach   חג שמח
Happy Kwanzaa
and (slightly late) Happy Diwali

-- 
Mike R.
Home: http://alpha.mike-r.com/
QOTD: http://alpha.mike-r.com/qotd.php
No Micro$oft products were used in the URLs above, or in preparing this message.
Recommended reading: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#before
                 and: http://alpha.mike-r.com/jargon/T/top-post.html
Missile address: N31.7624/E34.9691
0
Henry
12/23/2016 6:49:47 PM
On Fri, 23 Dec 2016 20:49:47 +0200, Henry Crun <mike@rechtman.com>
wrote:

>On 23-Dec-2016 18:29, Bill Gunshannon wrote:
>> On 12/23/16 10:09 AM, Neil Rieck wrote:
>>> I'm off for the rest of the year so let me be the first to wish my =
colleges
>>> (local and abroad) "The Merriest of Season's Greetings"
>>>
>>> Neil Rieck
>>> Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
>>> http://www3.sympatico.ca/n.rieck/
>>>
>>>
>>
>> I would like to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas, Frohe =
Weinachten,
>> Vrolijk Kerstfeest, Joyeux No=EBl, Feliz Navidad, Buon Natale, Vesel=E9
>> Vianoce.
>>
>> Hope I got everybody. I ran out opf languages I know (well, except
>> Hawaiian but I don't think we have anyone here who speaks it.)
>>
>> And a happy and healthy New Year.
>>
>> Oh yeah, and I have been off for years.
>>
>> bill
>>
>Also
>Chag same'ach   ?? ???

That works. The challenge is getting the correct guttural consonant in
"chag" and "same'ach." Be prepared, too, for an argument over whether
Chanukah is a "chag" in every sense of the word.

>Happy Kwanzaa
>and (slightly late) Happy Diwali

And in languages I know slightly:

Nollaig shona daoibh (I'm assuming there's more than one person out
there who will understand, and please don't ask me how to pronounce
that last word), and Nadolig llawen (you're on your own with the
double L).

Louis
0
Louis
12/24/2016 9:01:59 AM
On 23-Dec-16 11:09 PM, Neil Rieck wrote:
> I'm off for the rest of the year so let me be the first to wish my colleges (local and abroad) "The Merriest of Season's Greetings"
>
> Neil Rieck
> Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
> http://www3.sympatico.ca/n.rieck/
>
>
Merry Christmas! 32 Celsius here today. Enjoy you snow :-)
0
Richard
12/25/2016 1:01:24 AM
On 2016-12-23, Bill Gunshannon <bill.gunshannon@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/23/16 10:09 AM, Neil Rieck wrote:
>> I'm off for the rest of the year so let me be the first to wish my
>> colleges (local and abroad) "The Merriest of Season's Greetings"
>>
>
> I would like to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas, Frohe
> Weinachten, Vrolijk Kerstfeest, Joyeux Noël, Feliz Navidad, Buon
> Natale, Veselé Vianoce.
>
> Hope I got everybody. I ran out opf languages I know (well, except
> Hawaiian but I don't think we have anyone here who speaks it.)

You might be surprised.  I know of one person who used to read this
newsgroup who could :-)

> And a happy and healthy New Year.

Best wishes to all.

-- 
"History does not repeat itself, but it does rhyme"    -- Mark Twain
0
Paul
12/25/2016 1:34:13 AM
Paul Sture  <nospam@sture.ch> wrote:
>On 2016-12-23, Bill Gunshannon <bill.gunshannon@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 12/23/16 10:09 AM, Neil Rieck wrote:
>>> I'm off for the rest of the year so let me be the first to wish my
>>> colleges (local and abroad) "The Merriest of Season's Greetings"
>>>
>>
>> I would like to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas, Frohe
>> Weinachten, Vrolijk Kerstfeest, Joyeux Noël, Feliz Navidad, Buon
>> Natale, Veselé Vianoce.
>>
>> Hope I got everybody. I ran out opf languages I know (well, except
>> Hawaiian but I don't think we have anyone here who speaks it.)
>
>You might be surprised.  I know of one person who used to read this
>newsgroup who could :-)

"Mele Kalikimaka" is silly at best anyway.  Better missionary talk would be
something like "ioa'a i ka la hanau maikai o Kristo" I think.
--scott

-- 
"C'est un Nagra. C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."
0
kludge
12/25/2016 2:02:19 AM
Reply: