Re: Auto-disabling screen saver on Alpha VMS V7.3-2, DWMOTIF V1.3-1? #4

From: "FredK" <fred.nospam@nospam.dec.com>

> >    I have less primary XP1000 with a fairly fresh installation of VMS
> > V8.2 (and friends) and an ELSA GLoria Synergy card.  I haven't checked
> > its screen saver/waster operation yet, but playing with it would be less
> > bothersome than with the primary XP1000.  Should the GZ (ELSA) driver
> > have the same power-save capability as the GF (3Dlabs) driver?
>
> Completely different drivers, but I think that the GZ driver also turns off
> the appropriate signals to put the monitor to sleep.

   I'm starting to think that you're making the whole thing up.  The
secondary XP1000 (500 MHz) with the ELSA (GZ) card has a clean
installation of OPENVMS V8.2, DWMOTIF V1.5, and not a whole lot more.  I
added the node-specific changes to
SYS$SYSROOT:[SYSMGR]DECW$PRIVATE_SERVER_SETUP.COM to match the same file
on the primary system, with these obvious results (from "SHOW LOG
DECW*"):

  "DECW$SERVER_PIXEL_DEPTH" = "24"
  "DECW$SERVER_REFRESH_RATE" = "75"

   It seems to work the same as the primary system with the 3Dlabs (GF)
card, that is, no true display sleep mode.  The display on this system
is some Dell/Sony thing with a power LED which turns yellow when it's
attached to a Mac and the Mac goes into Energy Save mode.  On the VMS
system, the screen goes dark but the LED stays green (and there's no
click from what I assume is some relay inside the thing, either).  (The
LEDs on the LK450-AA flash in an entertaining sequence, however.)

   Aside from a brief flash/click between logout and the appearance of a
new "Welcome to LOCAL:.ALP2" login window, I never see any evidence of
anything like a sleepy display mode, just a dark screen.  This is true
for a logged-in session and for the login window.  Waiting long enough
to engage the screen lock also seems to make no difference.

   Initially:

ALP2 $ type SYS$SYSROOT:[SYSMGR.dt.sessions.current]dt.settings;1
Dtsession*AllowExp:     1
Dtsession*Interval:     600
Dtsession*ShutDownMode: 4
Dtsession*ShutDownState:        1
Dtsession*PreferBlank:  0
Dtsession*Timeout:      120

   After manual editing and a couple of login-logout and reboot
operations:

ALP2 $ type SYS$SYSROOT:[SYSMGR.dt.sessions.current]dt.settings;
Dtsession*AllowExp:     1
Dtsession*Interval:     600
Dtsession*ShutDownMode: 4
Dtsession*ShutDownState:        1
Dtsession*PreferBlank:  1
Dtsession*Timeout:      120

   If it would be useful, I could probably find enough connectors to
create a break-out display cable and scope the wires of your choice to
see better exactly what it _is_ doing, but it's pretty clear that
whatever it is, it's not persuading any of the displays I have.

   Any other suggestions would be gratefully received.

   Steven M. Schweda               (+1) 651-699-9818
   382 South Warwick Street        sms@antinode.org
   Saint Paul  MN  55105-2547
0
sms (1037)
10/3/2005 5:56:01 PM
comp.os.vms 21310 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Hmmm.  Taking a look at it, it seems that it is setup for a "light sleep"
mode.
IIRC we force VSYNC active high, and HSYNC active low - which is one
of the power saver modes.  IIRC there are several power down modes,
each takes a different amount of time to power various monitors up from.
Without actually looking closer into it, my guess is that it isn't putting
the
monitor into sleep mode - to allow faster on time.

"Steven M. Schweda" <sms@antinode.org> wrote in message
> [...]
> Dtsession*ShutDownState:        1
> Dtsession*PreferBlank:  0
> Dtsession*Timeout:      120
>
>    After manual editing and a couple of login-logout and reboot
> operations:
>
> ALP2 $ type SYS$SYSROOT:[SYSMGR.dt.sessions.current]dt.settings;
> Dtsession*AllowExp:     1
> Dtsession*Interval:     600
> Dtsession*ShutDownMode: 4
> Dtsession*ShutDownState:        1
> Dtsession*PreferBlank:  1
> Dtsession*Timeout:      120
>
>    If it would be useful, I could probably find enough connectors to
> create a break-out display cable and scope the wires of your choice to
> see better exactly what it _is_ doing, but it's pretty clear that
> whatever it is, it's not persuading any of the displays I have.
>
>    Any other suggestions would be gratefully received.

>    Steven M. Schweda               (+1) 651-699-9818

0
fred.nospam (540)

test #2 #6
ignore ...

Re: ot
A very good all purpose server product of this nature that I have extensi= ve=20 experience with is FirstClass (www.firstclass.com). * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * ...

Re: Out of Area Calls #17
bonomi@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) writes: > pointed out that the law made *no* such provision for delay on an > -internally-maintained- list, and required that they update my > _customer_record_ with a note that 'customer has ordered us -never- to > make marketing calls to him', and the date/time. Three days later, > somebody "didn't read" the notes, and called me. I promptly demanded > a supervisor, had them read the account 'notes', and asked if they > wanted to pay the statutory $500 minimum, or if I needed to go to &g...

US-TX-Port Neches: FIELD SUPPORT, Windows 2000/XP,Norton Ghost; 2-3 M (45352332404)
US-TX-Port Neches: FIELD SUPPORT, Windows 2000/XP,Norton Ghost; 2-3 M (45352332404) =================================================================================== Position: FIELD SUPPORT Reference: ZYD00041 Location: Port Neches TX Duration: 2-3M Skills: Detail-oriented - will follow a written procedure at all times. Windows 2000 or Windows XP migration experience. Windows XP desktop support experience. Ability to troubleshoot hardware and network issues. Experience with Norton Ghost ...

Re: Creating a new variable? #4
Hi, Yes, you can do it easily. This is one solution: Proc sort data=3DTab1; by Id; run; Data Tab1; set Tab1; by Id; retain INC 0; if first.Id then INC=3D0; Inc=3Dinc+1; run; Le 16:01 7/02/2006, vous avez =E9crit: >Hi > >I have alarge data set in which I have a unique ID, for each id there are= 49 >observations, now I want to create a new variable which would be equal to 1 >for first observation and increment in steps of 1 to 49 and then reset to 1 >and continue. is there a way of doing this? > >thanks > >Vj Alexandre BAUDRY Unit=E9...

RE: Question to Kerry Main
> -----Original Message----- > From: JF Mezei [mailto:jfmezei.spamnot@vaxination.ca] > Sent: June 30, 2007 8:31 PM > To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com > Subject: Question to Kerry Main >=20 > Mr Main, your arguments on c.o.v. are often rebutted as part of normal > debating process. (And you rebutt other arguments with your own > responses). >=20 > In real life, do you also find customers and potential customers > having > similar questions ? Or do you conclude that we, in c.o.v. are a > sepcial > bunch living in a totally different universe without a clue...

ruby 1.8.7 on Mac OS X Tiger ?
does someone knows how to install ruby 1.8.7 on Mac OS X Tiger ? this version is needed by Nokogiri. -- � Face au monde qui bouge, il vaut mieux penser le changement que changer le pansement ! � (Francis Blanche) ...

Re: Really Frustrating -9628 Errors #2
On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 14:23 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote: > We've written several Informix stored procedures that return MULTISET as > the type; the application than does a SELECT a,b,c FROM > TABLE({procedurename}({parameterlist...})). And these WORK!!! But only > for awhile, the next day, or after a couple of days suddenly they stop > working - and they haven't been changed. They simply start to bomb out > with a -9628 (type not found) error for any SQL statement like the > above. > We are using "IBM Informix Dynamic Server Version 10.00...

Re: String question #6
As Howard example shows the last observation passed incorrectly, Is there a reason why the third observation(123 12) did not pass incorrectly. Is that a length issue or something different? On Thu, 1 May 2008 09:50:19 -0400, Howard Schreier <hs AT dc-sug DOT org> <schreier.junk.mail@GMAIL.COM> wrote: >On Thu, 1 May 2008 08:16:37 -0400, Richard A. DeVenezia ><rdevenezia@WILDBLUE.NET> wrote: > >>Dominic Mitchell wrote: >>> input var1 var2 $6.; >>> cards; >>> 99 9982 >>> 998 998 >>> ; >> >>The INPUT statem...

canon pixma 4200 #3
Are there compatible ink cartridges available for the Canon Pixma 4200 printer yet. If not, is there an explanation? Please don't lecture me about the uselessness of compatible inks. I have been using such inks with 2 HP printers for over six years. No problems! Martin Waddell wrote: > Are there compatible ink cartridges available for the Canon Pixma 4200 > printer yet. If not, is there an explanation? Please don't lecture me > about the uselessness of compatible inks. I have been using such inks with > 2 HP printers for over six years. No problems...

[ANN][SoC] GlimR 0.1.0
== GlimR 0.1.0 - Ruby OpenGL GUI Widget Kit == Homepage: http://glimr.rubyforge.org/ Download: http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=1736 Blog: http://glimr.blogspot.com/ This is one of Ruby Central Inc.'s Google Summer of Code 2006 projects. == What is it? == A GUI toolkit written in Ruby, using OpenGL for drawing and SDL for text and loading images. Intended for being embedded in other OpenGL applications and for stand-alone apps that don't need complex widgets. See the README in the tarball or at http://glimr.blogspot.com/2006/07/glimr-010.html for more. Take it for a spin if y...

FS: childrens EDUCATIONAL SoftWare #2
We give you MORE than others with FAST efficient despatch and FREE postal insurance. With OUR Full Money back guarantee for faulty software including the cost of returning the item. Visit our store to see our feedback, we have thousands of satisfied customers http://stores.ebay.co.uk/AUCTI0NST0P Find this and more at our fully searchable EBAY shop: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/AUCTI0NST0P For Children's Games, Educational, Language & Recreational Software ...

Re: More SQL simplification
Roger: In your version of the query, SAS 'remerges' summarized values back to the original dataset. It actually works the same as the query that joins a view to the original dataset. The simpler form of the query does not in general across different flavors of SQL. Sig -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Roger Lustig Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 7:12 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: More SQL simplification Pat: You've answered your own question! No reason you can't do a GROUP BY while selecting colum...

difference between 2 sounds
Hi How can I show the difference beetwen 2 signals, for example 2 sounds (sinus) thx joe "joe " <courstelecom@yahoo.fr> wrote in message <ha08k6$aco$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi > How can I show the difference beetwen 2 signals, for example 2 sounds (sinus) > > thx > joe Hi Joe, can you be more specific so that someone can help you? Do you mean you want to show differences between to signals (sounds) in terms of the way energy is distributed as a function of frequency, or differences in the time behavior. These are just two possibilities. wayne "...

C-x 3 terminates word wrap
Greetings. When I do a C-x 3 to split my emacs window vertically, the file that was previously loaded and properly word-wrapped, now does not word-wrap anymore (on both windows)... Can someone please help me retain the word-wrap feature when I split windows vertically? (When I split them horizontally with C-x 2 the word-wrap remains) Best regards! "NoSpam" <nospam@pedrofonseca.com> writes: > Greetings. > > When I do a C-x 3 to split my emacs window vertically, the file that > was previously loaded and properly word-wrapped, now does not word-wrap > anymore (...

Re: question about data values #11
Howdy Toby - The V9 compress function has new useful modifiers to handle all numbers, all letters, typewriter characters etc. http://xrl.us/gk8j In this case D is for digits 0-9 and K is for Keep (rather than compress). 10 data _null_ ; 11 x = 'A1234' ; 12 y = input(compress(x,'','DK'),5.0); 13 put x= y= ; 14 run ; x=A1234 y=1234 regards as always - Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of toby dunn Sent: Monday, June 27, 2005 4:41 PM To: SAS-L@...

Re:
This is an autoresponder. I'll never see your message. ...

Re: How to obtain FrameTicks List from an existing Plot?
t = Range[5]; p = ListPlot[t, Frame -> True]; FrameTicks /. AbsoluteOptions[p] Bob Hanlon ---- Nasser Abbasi <nma@12000.org> wrote: ============= I have a need to obtain the FrameTicks list from an existing plot. The reason I want to do this, is because I need to slightly modify the ticks, and then redraw the plot with the new Ticks. This would be much easier than having to generate the Ticks myself in the first place. This is an example: t = Range[5]; p = ListPlot[t, Frame -> True] But when I look at FullForm[p], I see no list would would look like the...

Re: [HP3000-L] Save and Re-Use a File Equation
Jay writes: > What I'd like to do is to save the file equation with the parameters the > user entered, and then re-use that file equation after the checks are > printed. Like this: > > 1. Enter printer name, etc for reports > 2. Submit job, which does: > a. file report;dev=<parameters from 1 above> > b. run program A > c. file print=checks;dev=lp;forms=mount checks > d. run program B to print checks > e. file report;dev=<parameters from 1 above> > f. run program C to create report to print on printer ...

Re: array label question #9
Here's another approach. conceptually similar to the previous posts..... data _null_; %let colmns = ; do yr = 2007,2008; do qtr = 1 to 4; do channel_cd = 1 to 3; do Incentive_Type = 1,2; call symput ('colmns', symget ('colmns') || ' ' || '_' || catx('_',yr,qtr,channel_Cd,Incentive_Type)); end; end; end; end; run; data transpose (drop = yr qtr channel_cd incentive_type contacts) ; format &colmns best32.; array all [2007:2008, 1:4, 1:3, 1:2] _all_; do until(last.indiv_id) ; set have; by indiv_id; all{yr,qtr,ch...

Re: Question re Canon iP1500 #2
Been busy for a few days, so didn't get a chance to get back here. But need to ask about your message below. "zakezuke" <zakezuke_us@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1144285405.300198.236870@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > > Do y ou mean I could fix the problem of the waste ink absorber myself? I > > thought you can't see it by just looking into the printer > > The waste counter you can reset with the service tool QY9-0066 as Tony > explained. You can get it here > http://www.printersiam.com/data/download/iP1500%20Service%20Tool.zi...

Re: Call System in UNIX #7 1547219
Dear SAS-L-ers, Michael D. Ross posted the following interesting question: > Hi All, > I'm having trouble with the following code in Unix. It > creates the "dump.txt" file in the specified directory; > however, it has 0 records in it. Any suggestions? > > > > %let progs = /temp/mydir; > > data _null_; > command= " ll &progs *.sas > &progs/dump.txt"; > call system (command); > run; > Michael, I see it! It appears that you are falling prey to a subtle problem in your DATA _NULL_ step. Your problem is with the spac...

NYMLUG NYC Encompass meeting "VMS Update" 10/29/03
Please join us for the next NY Metro Local Users Group meeting. Note: you must RSVP in advance for entrance to the building. "OpenVMS Update" Wednesday, October 29th, 2003. 12:30-7 PM HP Offices 2 Penn Plaza 8th Floor ( 7th Ave and 32nd St) Directly above the entrance to Penn Station. 12:30 - 1:00 Check in and old-style DECUS Networking. 1:00 - 1:10 Welcome and announcements, HP. 1:10 - 1:15 Gary McCready: LUG Business and Announcements 1:15 - 2:30 Greg Jordan, HP "OpenVMS Technical Update" 2:45 - 4:00 Greg Jordan, HP "OpenVMS Performanc...

Re: own package doesnt work correctly?
Martin, Symbols like x and I are set up in the package`Private` context once you put the definition inside the package. So they won't match Global`x or Global`I in a notebook using the package. You could either add the Global` context to these symbols in the package, or better yet pass them as parameters to the rule. partintrulx[x_,I_]:= ..... David Park djmp@earthlink.net http://home.earthlink.net/~djmp/ From: Martin [mailto:ms_usenet@gmx.de] Hello, I started to - try to - use packages written on my own, using the Notebook editor, marking the cells as initializa...

Re: Now That They're Mounted ... #9
Correct me if I'm wrong, but MPE does not provide automatic failover in the event a controller dies. Yes, you can connect 2 controllers, but one won't take over for the other in the event of failure. That's an important distinction to recognize. John Lee Vaske Computer Solutions At 03:35 PM 8/18/04 -0400, Gilles Schipper wrote: >At 03:20 PM 2004-08-18, you wrote: >>O.K. two brain farts. Can't have more than 7 logical drives. > > >The mod20 supports up to 8 luns or logical drives. > > >>And you can't split the SCSI, (and u...