Re: Finding directory file of current directory

From: "R Boyd" <bob@hax.com>

> Here's a command procedure I wrote years ago to handle the issue:
[...]
> See if that solves your problem.

   It probably will unless it encounters a contrary ODS5 extended file
name:

ALP $ show default
  LDA1:[o5_test.TEST2.a^[b^]c]

ALP $ @ [--]uponedir.com
  PREV_DIR_LEV = "LDA1:[o5_test.TEST2]"
  CUR_DIR_SPEC = "LDA1:[o5_test.TEST2]a^[b^c].DIR"

ALP $ dir [-]a*.dir

Directory LDA1:[o5_test.TEST2]

a^[b^]c.DIR;1

Total of 1 file.

   Everything's complicated.  (And getting more so all the time.)

From: JONESD@ecr6.ohio-state.edu (David Jones)

> While you're at it, how about supporting f$parse(spec,,,"DEVICE+DIRECTORY") or
> f$parse(spec,,,"NAME+TYPE")?

   I've yearned for that one for a while.

   Steven M. Schweda               (+1) 651-699-9818
   382 South Warwick Street        sms@antinode-org
   Saint Paul  MN  55105-2547
0
sms (1038)
9/14/2005 6:29:18 PM
comp.os.vms 21904 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Steven M. Schweda wrote:
> From: "R Boyd" <bob@hax.com>
>
> > Here's a command procedure I wrote years ago to handle the issue:
> [...]
> > See if that solves your problem.
>
>    It probably will unless it encounters a contrary ODS5 extended file
> name:

or just [000000]. It seems to work fine for all other ODS-2 specs.

[...]

0
spamsink2001 (3130)