RE: Hack-proof and crash resistant - have you discovered the OS world's best-kept secret? best-kept secret? best-kept secret?

Good Article.  In the parargraph on Calling Standards, remind again
why support for SDL was dropped?

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Boeing NNTP News Access [mailto:nntp@news.boeing.com]On Behalf Of
  Don McCabe
  Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 7:26 AM
  To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com
  Subject: Hack-proof and crash resistant - have you discovered the OS
  world's best-kept secret? best-kept secret? best-kept secret?

   From ComputerWeekly.com:

  http://www.computerweekly.com/articles/article.asp?liArticleID=131808

  ---
  Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---

tom284 (1839)
7/13/2004 3:06:53 PM
comp.os.vms 21904 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

"Tom Linden" <tom@kednos.com> writes:
> Good Article.  In the parargraph on Calling Standards, remind again
> why support for SDL was dropped?
>
>    From ComputerWeekly.com:
>   http://www.computerweekly.com/articles/article.asp?liArticleID=131808

Huh?  SDL (Structure Definition Language) has nothing to do with
the calling standard, per se.  I don't think SDL has ever been
"supported" in the traditional sense, so what are you claiming
was "dropped"?

I believe that SDL has been on the freeware CD for some time; VMS Engineering
is a rather prominent user of SDL; it is rather fundamental to the building
of VMS.

--

Rob Brooks    VMS Engineering -- I/O Exec Group     brooks!cuebid.zko.dec.com
0