f



Re: Newbie Questio.. Getting a Virtual address space full and global page table full error.. How to repair.? page table full error.. How to repair.? page table full error.. How to repair.?

On 5/21/05, David J Dachtera <djesys.nospam@comcast.net> wrote:
> Bruce Cooke wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> > I have a Vaxstation 4000 60, vms 5.5 , 2 rz23l hard drives , and when
> > booting get the subject messages. The computer wont boot into dec windo=
ws,
> > so the only way in is thru the DCL sysboot menu.I know there are spare
> > blocks on the boot drive but have no idea how to fix no virtual address
> > space error Any one
> > here know how to solve this?
>=20
> Well, Peter suggested AUTOGEN. If you don't know what that is, I'd
> recommend a read through the on-line OpenVMS documentation which can be
> found via this URL:
>=20
> http://www.hp.com/go/openvms/doc
>=20
> Look down the left-hand column for OpenVMS Operating System
> documentation, go that page, and have a read through the System
> Manager's Manual. The current version is quite far removed from V5.5,
> but many of the basics will apply.
>=20
> SInce you're having trouble booting, you may need to do a conversational
> boot and do a minimal startup. The sequence would look like this
> (assuming your boot root is 0(zero):
>=20
> >>> b/r5:1
>=20
>    2..1..0
>=20
> SYSBOOT>  SET STARTUP_P1 "MIN"
>=20
> SYSBOOT>  SET WRITESYSPARAMS 0
>=20
> SYSBOOT>  CONT
>=20
> Then, if it boots up o.k. in minimum mode, run AUTOGEN from GETDATA
> through REBOOT:
>=20
> $ @SYS$UPDATE:AUTOGEN GETDATA REBOOT
>=20
> ...and see how it goes.
>=20
> --
> David J Dachtera
> dba DJE Systems
> http://www.djesys.com/
>=20
> Unofficial OpenVMS Hobbyist Support Page:
> http://www.djesys.com/vms/support/
>=20
> Unofficial Affordable OpenVMS Home Page:
> http://www.djesys.com/vms/soho/
>=20
> Unofficial OpenVMS-IA32 Home Page:
> http://www.djesys.com/vms/ia32/
>=20
> Coming soon:
> Unofficial OpenVMS Marketing Home Page
>=20
This isn't germane to the particular errors he's getting but, ahem,

He's running RZ23s.=20

Memory says you have to VMSTAILOR things to make VMS fit on one of
those (but I could be wrong).

He's gonna end up having space issues no matter what he does.

WWWebb

--=20
NOTE: This email address is only used for noncommerical VMS-related
correspondence.
All unsolicited commercial email will be deemed to be a request for
services pursuant to the terms and conditions located at
http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/e/webbww/
0
5/22/2005 3:28:10 PM
comp.os.vms 21904 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

2 Replies
2366 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 33

William Webb wrote:
> [snip]
> This isn't germane to the particular errors he's getting but, ahem,
> 
> He's running RZ23s.
> 
> Memory says you have to VMSTAILOR things to make VMS fit on one of
> those (but I could be wrong).
> 
> He's gonna end up having space issues no matter what he does.

His issues are not related to disk space, or at least they do not appear
to be, unless it is that he does not have a large enough pagefile to
accomodate the page file quota in use during startup, or has no pagefile
at all at that point (not found or some other error).

-- 
David J Dachtera
dba DJE Systems
http://www.djesys.com/

Unofficial OpenVMS Hobbyist Support Page:
http://www.djesys.com/vms/support/

Unofficial Affordable OpenVMS Home Page:
http://www.djesys.com/vms/soho/

Unofficial OpenVMS-IA32 Home Page:
http://www.djesys.com/vms/ia32/

Coming soon:
Unofficial OpenVMS Marketing Home Page
0
5/22/2005 5:22:15 PM
"David J Dachtera" <djesys.nospam@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:4290BFC7.679F6B3C@comcast.net...
> William Webb wrote:
> > [snip]
> > This isn't germane to the particular errors he's getting but, ahem,
> >
> > He's running RZ23s.
> >
> > Memory says you have to VMSTAILOR things to make VMS fit on one of
> > those (but I could be wrong).
> >
> > He's gonna end up having space issues no matter what he does.
>
> His issues are not related to disk space, or at least they do not appear
> to be, unless it is that he does not have a large enough pagefile to
> accomodate the page file quota in use during startup, or has no pagefile
> at all at that point (not found or some other error).
>
I dont belive it is my disk space ,since I have a lot of blocks left..I will
try to increase my page counts and try that  autogen startup
procedure.Thanks for the suggestions!!


0
5/22/2005 8:16:57 PM
Reply: