Re: Problems with AS400 and KZPCM

Hello,

David Froble wrotes:

... Are you letting the DE500 autodetect speed? ...

No. I did set it within the console to FastFD. Also the problem is not
the DE500-AA, which do function very well. The problem is the KZPCM, a
dual UWSE-SCSI and FastEthernet board. The FastEthernet will be dedekted
as DE500-AA, but I think that the implemantation is not as good as the
original DE500-AA.

TIA and regards R. Wingert

0
win64 (155)
10/27/2004 6:26:52 AM
comp.os.vms 21904 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Rudolf Wingert wrote:

> Hello,
>
> David Froble wrotes:
>
> .. Are you letting the DE500 autodetect speed? ...
>
> No. I did set it within the console to FastFD. Also the problem is not
> the DE500-AA, which do function very well. The problem is the KZPCM, a
> dual UWSE-SCSI and FastEthernet board. The FastEthernet will be dedekted
> as DE500-AA, but I think that the implemantation is not as good as the
> original DE500-AA.
>
> TIA and regards R. Wingert

I'm far from knowledgable about such.  All I know is plug it in and it works.
Usually.  I once set a system to FastFD and network performance just died.  The
only explanation that seemed reasonable is that if FastFD is in use, everything
had better be able to use it.  I'd thought that the switches would handle any
differences, at least they should, but things still didn't work.  Re-setting
back to half duplex resolved the issue.  To be honest, I still don't understand
the problem.

Dave

--
David Froble                       Tel: 724-529-0450
Dave Froble Enterprises, Inc.      Fax: 724-529-0596

0
davef3 (3716)