VMS DCL script programmer needed

A Reston, VA based company has need of a VMS DCL programmer to automate
VMS system validation processes.  A knowledge of the VA's VistA system
would be useful.

The hiring manager would prefer a W-2 employee, but will consider a
contractor.

Must be available to start in the immediate future.

Please send resume, with salary requirements to:

Kate Schell
cschell@radix.net
0
cschell (2)
10/21/2006 3:32:54 PM
comp.os.vms 21747 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Kate Schell wrote:

> Please send resume, with salary requirements to:

   Can I send you a book on Writing Real Programs in DCL instead?  :-)

   But seriously, there are various folks around (eg: me) that can offer
this service -- either directly or as a contract -- and you might want
to forward this posting along (if you have not already done so) to Sue
Skonetski over at HP.  First.Last@HP.Com.  Sue maintains a mailing list
for OpenVMS-related announcements.
0
hoff13 (384)

:
> and you might want to forward this posting along (if you have not already done so) to Sue

Another good place to post OpenVMS specific jobs is:

     http://www.openvms.org/phorum/list.php?2

Curiously then most recent entry there is also for a job in Reston
VA...

"Posted by: dmannarano (IP Logged)
Date: October 20, 2006 03:35PM
WINbatch scripting contract in Rockville, MD or Reston VA. "

Good luck,
Hein.

on 21-10-2006 20:15 Hein RMS van den Heuvel wrote...
[...]
> Curiously then most recent entry there is also for a job in Reston
> VA...
>
> "Posted by: dmannarano (IP Logged)
> Date: October 20, 2006 03:35PM
> WINbatch scripting contract in Rockville, MD or Reston VA. "

most likely scenario:

MGR1: hey, we need a scripter
RES1: ok, I'll put out an APB
MGR1: hey, it says sommut like MVS here
RES1: oh, starting with M, should be Msoft then

(later, someone finds out the real need and asks for a DCL scripter)

LOL

Wilm
Wilm Boerhout wrote:

> on 21-10-2006 20:15 Hein RMS van den Heuvel wrote...
> [...]
>>
>> Curiously then most recent entry there is also for a job in Reston
>> VA...
>>
>> "Posted by: dmannarano (IP Logged)
>> Date: October 20, 2006 03:35PM
>> WINbatch scripting contract in Rockville, MD or Reston VA. "
>
> most likely scenario:
>
> MGR1: hey, we need a scripter
> RES1: ok, I'll put out an APB
> MGR1: hey, it says sommut like MVS here
> RES1: oh, starting with M, should be Msoft then
>
> (later, someone finds out the real need and asks for a DCL scripter)

Close, but here's some less vague detail.

This is a position I need on my team for a recently extended government
contract (the company: STG Inc., Reston, Virginia). My team handles
Solaris, Oracle, Cisco, OpenVMS, etc. The other team does the Microsoft
stuff (such as WinBatch scripting, separate position). I try to stay out of
their affairs :-)

Rockville, MD is where we are. Reston, VA is HQ. We are moving our offices
to HQ in December. Except me. Because I hate going to the office and I have
racks of test equipment here in the lab.

This position is W2/Contract. You can work from Greenland if you want, as
long as you have a good Internet connection, crazy DCL skills (MUMPS would
be nice, too) and a phone.

If anyone is interested, you can contact the original poster (Kate) as
requested. Or myself at rrioux@stginc.com. Or, if you are paranoid like me,
use my public key and send your encrypted list of demands to
randy@procyonlabs.com.

Thanks folks!

--
Randal T. Rioux | Procyon Labs