VMS DCL script programmer needed

A Reston, VA based company has need of a VMS DCL programmer to automate
VMS system validation processes.  A knowledge of the VA's VistA system
would be useful.

The hiring manager would prefer a W-2 employee, but will consider a
contractor.

Must be available to start in the immediate future.

Please send resume, with salary requirements to:

Kate Schell
cschell@radix.net
0
cschell (2)
10/21/2006 3:32:54 PM
comp.os.vms 21296 articles. 13 followers. Post Follow

Kate Schell wrote:

> Please send resume, with salary requirements to:

   Can I send you a book on Writing Real Programs in DCL instead?  :-)

   But seriously, there are various folks around (eg: me) that can offer
this service -- either directly or as a contract -- and you might want
to forward this posting along (if you have not already done so) to Sue
Skonetski over at HP.  First.Last@HP.Com.  Sue maintains a mailing list
for OpenVMS-related announcements.
0
hoff13 (384)

:
> and you might want to forward this posting along (if you have not already done so) to Sue

Another good place to post OpenVMS specific jobs is:

     http://www.openvms.org/phorum/list.php?2

Curiously then most recent entry there is also for a job in Reston
VA...

"Posted by: dmannarano (IP Logged)
Date: October 20, 2006 03:35PM
WINbatch scripting contract in Rockville, MD or Reston VA. "

Good luck,
Hein.

on 21-10-2006 20:15 Hein RMS van den Heuvel wrote...
[...]
> Curiously then most recent entry there is also for a job in Reston
> VA...
>
> "Posted by: dmannarano (IP Logged)
> Date: October 20, 2006 03:35PM
> WINbatch scripting contract in Rockville, MD or Reston VA. "

most likely scenario:

MGR1: hey, we need a scripter
RES1: ok, I'll put out an APB
MGR1: hey, it says sommut like MVS here
RES1: oh, starting with M, should be Msoft then

(later, someone finds out the real need and asks for a DCL scripter)

LOL

Wilm
Wilm Boerhout wrote:

> on 21-10-2006 20:15 Hein RMS van den Heuvel wrote...
> [...]
>>
>> Curiously then most recent entry there is also for a job in Reston
>> VA...
>>
>> "Posted by: dmannarano (IP Logged)
>> Date: October 20, 2006 03:35PM
>> WINbatch scripting contract in Rockville, MD or Reston VA. "
>
> most likely scenario:
>
> MGR1: hey, we need a scripter
> RES1: ok, I'll put out an APB
> MGR1: hey, it says sommut like MVS here
> RES1: oh, starting with M, should be Msoft then
>
> (later, someone finds out the real need and asks for a DCL scripter)

Close, but here's some less vague detail.

This is a position I need on my team for a recently extended government
contract (the company: STG Inc., Reston, Virginia). My team handles
Solaris, Oracle, Cisco, OpenVMS, etc. The other team does the Microsoft
stuff (such as WinBatch scripting, separate position). I try to stay out of
their affairs :-)

Rockville, MD is where we are. Reston, VA is HQ. We are moving our offices
to HQ in December. Except me. Because I hate going to the office and I have
racks of test equipment here in the lab.

This position is W2/Contract. You can work from Greenland if you want, as
long as you have a good Internet connection, crazy DCL skills (MUMPS would
be nice, too) and a phone.

If anyone is interested, you can contact the original poster (Kate) as
requested. Or myself at rrioux@stginc.com. Or, if you are paranoid like me,
use my public key and send your encrypted list of demands to
randy@procyonlabs.com.

Thanks folks!

--
Randal T. Rioux | Procyon Labs
IT Security R&D and Consulting

                http://www.usenet.com
0
randy34 (26)

[Uniface-L] TRX INSPECT the PERL script on www.uli-merkel.de
As promised yesterday, I put some material together on my homepage. Visit the UNIFACE area of www.uli-merkel.de. Success, Uli P.S. Like to have your feedback on that matter (and other) . > --=A0Ulrich=A0Merkel=A0-- ulrichmerkel@web.de +49(69)317881 ...

Shell script under cron problem
Hi All, I have a ludicrous problem which defies explanation ! Its on a SUSE Linux 8 box ( I know this is solaris forum , but its a shell script problem and anyway I am a SCSA and SCNA ) . Here is the problem I have a usb disk plugged in and the entry in /etc/fstab is :- /dev/sda1 /usb vfat defaults 0 0 The /usb directory has about 20 quite large files in it and also two directories called /usb/backups and /usb/unix_files To perform backups of the /var/mail directory I have a cron running 3 * * * * /usr/local/bin/mail_backup.sh > /tmp/mail_backup.log 2>&1 The cont...

Re: hploader script

Table Creation Scripting
I'm brand new to the forum...searching for some help on Sybase. Pleas bear with me. I'm normally doing Oracle and MSSQL7/2K. So I'm used t being able to create a table on the fly as a SELECT...INTO or CREAT TABLE AS SELECT statements. It sort of amazes me that you have t actually sit down and write a create table script or go through th SybCentral GUI which I consider balky. I'm usually working in database that are part of delivered apps, and just extending the functionality In the post "Create table as select" http://tinyurl.com/2nj94 Tom mentioned th...

Need File I/O help for reading and rewriting string data
I need to read from a CSV file of mixed data types (mostly strings). I need to process each record (such as adding a few more values to it). Then I need to write (or append) the data to another CSV file. I can't seem to find a decent way to do this. The code below is super slow on large files (and this code is a drastic simplification of what I really need to do). I actually have to look for and remove duplicate records before writing out the modified data. I would appreciate any suggestions for improving the code. (For now I'm stuck using ASCII files, so I can't go to a database...

VMS-related Internet Radio is back in space!
Hi VMS-Community, We're back on air, because we've re-newed our GEMA/RIAA-license today! Radio Del Mar No. 354 is back: http://www.radio-del-mar.de/ or directly: http://vril.marway.org/listen.pls (audio mpeg, 128 kbps per unique listener) We're broadcasting the 19 podcast episodes (VAUs -- VMS Audio Updates) and a little bit of good (really?) music... FYI, we're broadcasting from Berlin VMS 4ever, -Vaxima -- MARWAY.ORG (Hosting, Domains, Shells) | Alexander Horn Silverstone Networking Horn & Horn GbR | UNIX Hostmaster & OpenVMS Admin 10 Bruckner ...

Help with mail2news perl script
I'm having a bit of trouble with a mail2news perl script that I've hacked about to try and get it to do what I want it to do. It is called with no arguments - mail is piped directly to it. Presently it takes the mail, checks for important headers and copies certain headers across, followed by the message. I am having difficulty with headers that may be split over multiple lines (like References: headers). How can I make it include those? Unfortunately I can't tell it to just include lines starting with whitespace because I don't want it to include parts of other headers spli...

VPN Help Needed
Okay, so I decided to do the VPN thing. We are using Linksys RV0041 VPN routers. The VPN tunnel is created and connected; however, I have no joy. I cannot access anything on the LAN side of my host VPN router. I have tried pinging various devices (other routers, our HP3000, etc.) and cannot get a response. Interestingly enough, I can ping the host VPN router by using either its WAN IP address or the LAN IP address. The host site has an internet connection that is connected to the VPN router via a Cisco router. Linksys says that the Cisco router must be blocking the VPN, but t...

export sqlserver database to ms-access by sql script
Hi Is there anyway to export a sqlserver database to ms-access through a sql scipt only without using the sql enterprise manager. -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server-general/200601/1 ...

HP offerings
http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press/2004/041007c.html ...... HP OpenPayments builds and delivers on existing IT investments The HP OpenPayments framework uses HP software and application interfaces that enable point solutions from partners such as LogicaCMG, Dovetail and Gresham. HP OpenView software and solutions may be used in tandem with HP OpenPayments to enhance infrastructure management and meet service levels. Fundamentally flexible and scalable, HP OpenPayments can be configured to meet a wide variety of business needs. The solution runs on a variety of HP platforms including I...

Generate Ant scripts using s-expressions
Hi all, If any of you are stuck on Java projects, maybe you'll get a kick out of this Common Lisp program I've been working on: Santo, a small tool that lets you generate scripts for Apache Ant (the Java equivalent of 'make') using s-expressions and macros instead of XML. Check it out here: http://www.pjacobsson.com/santo I'm a Lisp newbie so I'm sure my code could be better. Any feedback about style, good or bad practices, and so on, is appreciated. Thanks, Per ...

Got an Amiga I don't need
Who wants it? It's a 2000 with (I think) a video toaster. It's sat in a box for over a year, and not been used much. Email replies to: dunric@yahoo.com Paul ...

CoBOL Programmers Aren't Smart Enuf or Fast Enuf
What to make of the following? I stumbled upon it looking for evidence that= Java/J2EE was used in SSA's Disability System rewrite. This is an excerpt from a LinkedIn resume. Note that EACH of his engagement= s is typically six or seven months. Note also the INCREDIBLE number of bull= et point accomplishments under each engagement.=20 Questions that come to mind... Is this guy for real? Or is he really good at copy and paste from Grand Arc= hitecture Design Documents? How many systems that he worked on did he stay long enough to see into prod= uction? Please, please fo...

use of SED in script
Hy, all I want to substitute a string with another, but that something I do that is wrong. A=`ls ../staz`; CTR1="m_" CTR2=".png" if [ "$A" != "" ]; then for ITEM in $A; do #cerco il ctr `ls ../staz/$ITEM"/"$CTR1$ITEM$CTR2 2>/dev/null 1>/dev/null` if [ "$?" = "2" ]; then sed -e 's/<ctr>staz\/$ITEM\/m_$ITEM.png<\/ctr>/<ctr><\/ctr>/g' tmp.xml > tmp1.xml #sed -e 's/<ctr>staz\/203\/m_203.png<\/ctr>/<ctr><\/ctr>/g' tmp.xml > t...

IP Address Security Needed
About five years ago, someone on one of these groups helped a Macintosh-using friend whose IP address was banned from a message board by posting a link to a free service for changing or scrambling ISPs. Well, my friend has changed to a service which is faster and needs to do this again, and make sure that whatever he uses does not slow down the speed of uploading, downloading, or whatever he plans to do. Of course I can't remember which group or which service was used. Anyone able to help? Thanks. Cori Cori schrieb: > About five years ago, someone on one of these groups...

US-MD: Lexington Park-Business Systems Programmer
************************************************************** JobCircle.com is the largest regional job board in the Mid-Atlantic region, with tens of thousands of job offerings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, NY, and Washington D.C. To learn more, visit http://www.jobcircle.com?source=ng ************************************************************** Job Title: Business Systems Programmer Job Location: MD: Lexington Park Pay Rate: Open Job Length: full time Start Date: 2009-02-04 Company Name: Allegis Group Contact: Recruiter Phone: email only please Fa...

I need matlab code for WAvelet Image Compression
hello i'm in need of matlab code for wavelet based image compression using SPIHT, EBCOT and EZW algorithms. please mail me the details of the source code or the website where I can download it. Thanks in advance, Marco L. Marco, I cannot vouch for the validity of the code, but I found an implementation of the EZW algorithm here: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/polyvalens/clemens/ezw/ezw.html A quick google search on "SPIHT MATLAB" turned up some options to track down, but I didn't have time to look further. Good luck! Thanks, Bruce Tannenbaum "Ashfaq Amjad Khan&q...

Non-Windows User/Non JavaScript programmer wants help
Hi, As I don't have Microsoft MPlayer for Linux (I believe there is none ;-) And I'm not very JavaScript literate, I could use help to determine if it is possible to figure out the actual URL of the asx file to some Linux streaming app to play the stream here at this site: http://tuner1.dc1.sonixtream.com/solon/media/tuner/Tuner?aff=fmtalki&useSame=true&type=IE As it looks to me, the script is using the MPlayer API to fetch the asx file and in principle it should be possible to give the asx file to Linux MPlayer (not an MS product) and it should be able to stream it; or the ...

"The Ruby Way" are scripts downloadable ?
Hey all ! I've received yesterday "The Ruby Way" and i wonder if their is some way to download some of the scripts because i'm a lazy guy �;) thanks in advance ! -- yt Yvon Thoraval wrote: > Hey all ! > > I've received yesterday "The Ruby Way" and i wonder if their is some way > to download some of the scripts because i'm a lazy guy �;) Laziness is a virtue in computer science... :) There is a .tar.gz (and a .zip) on rubyhacker.com -- also an errata list. Even the errata list is getting out of date, though. Hal Hal Fulton <hal9...

US-TX-Austin: Programmer/Analyst, Cognos SW apps., developing/testing, training; (45298532409)
US-TX-Austin: Programmer/Analyst, Cognos SW apps., developing/testing, training; (45298532409) ============================================================================================== Position: Programmer/Analyst Reference: SMC01383 Location: Austin TX Duration: 1Y+ Skills: 5+yrs exp integrating and implementing Cognos software applications. 2+yrs exp working effectively in a project team environment. Extensive knowledge in developing requirements and providing systems analysis, design and development for web-...

I need a date function
I am trying to create a calculated field that will have a timer from one preset date (let's say January 1, 1995) to an event that happened after that date. The field in the record that contains the date is called Date1. It is set as a DATE field. I have tried (1/1/1995-Date1)/365 with no luck. I tried putting the date in double quotes but still no luck. What am I doing wrong? In article <rdayb.252094$mZ5.1875947@attbi_s54>, "Steve 4454" <NOlariveeslSPAMPLEASE@yahoo.com> wrote: > I am trying to create a calculated field that will have a timer from one > p...

Re: HELP 16pin male internal game port plug needs replacing on Sound Chaser
On May 21 1999, 3:00 am, obsbed...@aol.com (Obsbedia2) wrote: > I bought a MIDI system for the Apple IIe (software, manual and keyboard). It > didn't come with the Mountain Sound Cards, but I think that I have those. > > PROBLEM: > The keyboard's cable plugs into the internal female gameport socket on the > motherboard, but several of the pins were bent (probably during shipment). I > straightened out all but the two that were bent flush to the plug. THEY > SNAPPED OFF! > > HOW DO I REPLACE THEM? ? ? ? ? ?...

US-TX-Austin: Programmer Analyst, Coldfusion(MX),Crystal enterprise 10; Contract (45352032406)
US-TX-Austin: Programmer Analyst, Coldfusion(MX),Crystal enterprise 10; Contract (45352032406) ============================================================================================== Position: Programmer Analyst Reference: ZYD00039 Location: Austin TX Duration: 410 hr (Extension likely) Skills: Experience in developing Internet web browser based reporting applications using ColdFusion (MX)to access a Unix/Oracle 8i database in a multi-developer, configuration controlled environment. Crystal Enter...

US-VA-McLean: VMS Systems Mgr, Config, VMS, DCL, csh, Perl, UNIX, NT; C-P (45302648869)
US-VA-McLean: VMS Systems Mgr, Config, VMS, DCL, csh, Perl, UNIX, NT; C-P (45302648869) ======================================================================================= Position: VMS Systems Mgr Reference: SMC01430 Location: McLean VA Duration: C-P Skills: 2+yrs system administration, specifically VMS System Management. Configuration of VMS systems, system Installation, clustering and configuration, security, installing third-party software. Paging and swapping, inter-process communication, device...

bash script and shutdown
Hello. I've got problem with bash script and shutdown. This script is run by the cron and checks few conditions if all of them are true script should shutdown the machine. Well the shutdown script works fine if run as a root from the command line but when I added it to cron it doesn't work. Script is running - I can see the results in my own log file but shutdown doesn't work. I tried setting the sticky bit, shut.sh is owned by root, crond runs as a root I just don't know what to do - I'm sure there's a way to do this, but I've run out of ideas. If You could h...