VMS DCL script programmer needed

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

A Reston, VA based company has need of a VMS DCL programmer to automate
VMS system validation processes.  A knowledge of the VA's VistA system
would be useful.

The hiring manager would prefer a W-2 employee, but will consider a
contractor.

Must be available to start in the immediate future.

Please send resume, with salary requirements to:

Kate Schell
cschell@radix.net
0
Reply cschell (2) 10/21/2006 3:32:54 PM

See related articles to this posting

Kate Schell wrote:

> Please send resume, with salary requirements to:

   Can I send you a book on Writing Real Programs in DCL instead?  :-)

   But seriously, there are various folks around (eg: me) that can offer
this service -- either directly or as a contract -- and you might want
to forward this posting along (if you have not already done so) to Sue
Skonetski over at HP.  First.Last@HP.Com.  Sue maintains a mailing list
for OpenVMS-related announcements.
0
Reply hoff13 (384) 10/21/2006 4:28:28 PM

:
> and you might want to forward this posting along (if you have not already done so) to Sue

Another good place to post OpenVMS specific jobs is:

     http://www.openvms.org/phorum/list.php?2

Curiously then most recent entry there is also for a job in Reston
VA...

"Posted by: dmannarano (IP Logged)
Date: October 20, 2006 03:35PM
WINbatch scripting contract in Rockville, MD or Reston VA. "

Good luck,
Hein.

0
Reply heinvandenheuvel2 (586) 10/21/2006 6:15:04 PM

on 21-10-2006 20:15 Hein RMS van den Heuvel wrote...
[...]
> Curiously then most recent entry there is also for a job in Reston
> VA...
>
> "Posted by: dmannarano (IP Logged)
> Date: October 20, 2006 03:35PM
> WINbatch scripting contract in Rockville, MD or Reston VA. "

most likely scenario:

MGR1: hey, we need a scripter
RES1: ok, I'll put out an APB
MGR1: hey, it says sommut like MVS here
RES1: oh, starting with M, should be Msoft then

(later, someone finds out the real need and asks for a DCL scripter)

LOL

Wilm
0
Reply w5OLD.boerhout (51) 10/21/2006 6:35:12 PM

Wilm Boerhout wrote:

> on 21-10-2006 20:15 Hein RMS van den Heuvel wrote...
> [...]
>>
>> Curiously then most recent entry there is also for a job in Reston
>> VA...
>>
>> "Posted by: dmannarano (IP Logged)
>> Date: October 20, 2006 03:35PM
>> WINbatch scripting contract in Rockville, MD or Reston VA. "
>
> most likely scenario:
>
> MGR1: hey, we need a scripter
> RES1: ok, I'll put out an APB
> MGR1: hey, it says sommut like MVS here
> RES1: oh, starting with M, should be Msoft then
>
> (later, someone finds out the real need and asks for a DCL scripter)

Close, but here's some less vague detail.

This is a position I need on my team for a recently extended government
contract (the company: STG Inc., Reston, Virginia). My team handles
Solaris, Oracle, Cisco, OpenVMS, etc. The other team does the Microsoft
stuff (such as WinBatch scripting, separate position). I try to stay out of
their affairs :-)

Rockville, MD is where we are. Reston, VA is HQ. We are moving our offices
to HQ in December. Except me. Because I hate going to the office and I have
racks of test equipment here in the lab.

This position is W2/Contract. You can work from Greenland if you want, as
long as you have a good Internet connection, crazy DCL skills (MUMPS would
be nice, too) and a phone.

If anyone is interested, you can contact the original poster (Kate) as
requested. Or myself at rrioux@stginc.com. Or, if you are paranoid like me,
use my public key and send your encrypted list of demands to
randy@procyonlabs.com.

Thanks folks!

--
Randal T. Rioux | Procyon Labs
IT Security R&D and Consulting

                http://www.usenet.com
0
Reply randy34 (26) 10/24/2006 3:55:54 AM
comp.os.vms 20891 articles. 11 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I need a custom script written for my website! Looking for script writing programmer!
I need a programmer! I will pay you up to $500 USD to create this script outline below for my company winpoka.com I need a program that will add webmasters websites (with minimal information; title, description, name, email, and domain) to a common winpoka-poker-links.php file which will be hosted on each of the link exchange members websites. The program must run from my winpoka server automatically and update and check all the sites on the link exchange list weekly. The process is explained below. 1. Have user download current winpoka-poker-links.php file from winpoka server to http://www....

My employer needs VMS programmer
I work in the Los Angeles area. We program in Basic, a bit of COBOL, a small bit of C and Macro. Mostly Basic. Also DCL. My employer is looking for another VMS resource. Wouldn't hurt if you know Access, VB, SQL Server as well. I like it here. We are a small shop. Everyone gets along well. Bosses are easy to talk to. If you think you might want to work here, check out our website. www.icius.com. There is a current job listings section. It's out of date, but you can submit your resume. Tha Anonymous wrote: > > I work in the Los Angeles area. We program in Basic, a b...

basic programmer needed (script, macro)
3 year old software company needs a new programmer. Located in San Diego but you don't need to be local. Salary negotiable. We program in VB right now but any language will do. We sell programs that run online games automatically (i.e. Simslots or yahoo games) email: heypogopal@yahoo.com ...

New Java Script programmer needs help
I have what I believe to be an easy question regarding a script I'm editing. I need to add a Submenu under another Submenu and can't get it right. Here is the code snippet menu.addItem("Event Views"); var demos = null; demos = new MTMenu(); demos.addItem("ECV", "../../panels/ecv/index.html"); demos.addItem("ECV Technology", "../../panels/ecvtech/index.html"); demos.addItem("ECV Administrator", "../../panels/ecvadmin/index.html"); demos.addItem("ECV Filters", "../../panels/desktop/index....

CGI Programmers needed to hack around at our CGI Scripts
If anyone out there is interested, I'm now offering reseller rights to our complete CGI Archive, which means you and pretty much do whatever you please with them. Re-write the code and resell, Sell scripts individually, or sell them exactly as they are. Basically - full reseller rights! If you would like to check it out, go to: www.superscripts.com It's a free-for-all, and it may not last long! As far as I know, there's nobody else offering this type of thing. Good Luck, SuperScripts.com James wrote: > It's a free-for-all, and it may not last long! $129 is hardly f...

Rookie with VMS . DCL etc... need your help please
I have a couple of questions. 1 Can some one please explain me what Compaq "Alpha" computer platform and associated peripherals components are? 2 . Same question as #1 but with Intel computer platform. What are VMS operating systems envirounment to include DCL and /or Cache/ 3. What is DCL Thanks in advance. I have an interview next week and I qualified for the position 85% except this portion which I have never been expose to, but it does not hurt to get some general ideal and hopully this company will give a chance to work for them. Once more thanks for your help. Gabe. Gabriel...

Need advice on designing a script language for non-programmer (novice) users
The subject is not very exactly. I'm not designing a new language but to use some existing languages such like VBScript, JavaScript, Pascal Script, etc and extend them by exporting objects to them. All the scripts should be weak typed, i.e, most variables are Variant so the users shouldn't need to care the exactly data type. Some problems I am unsure, 1, Return Empty or Null as a "not got" result? I know the meanings of Empty and Null. Empty: the variable (Variant) is a virgin, has no data assigned to it yet. Null: the variable has something assigned to it but the value is ...

Desperate!
Does anyone have any basic, simple scripts of sp's that I can give my computer operators to use to monitor for serious conditions on our sql servers? We are new in the ms-sql arena, a small shop and we cant really purchase any tools to monitor these servers, but we need some basic checks that we can use to make sure a server is performing in a reasonable fashion, no blocks, cpu<xx%, memory not pegged, IO working, etc...and we need to be able to do this without bugging our programmers every time we are wondering why things are slowwnig down. We are a split shop between as400s and sql se...

What programme do i need to create my own programme?
I want to make my own proramme, wot programme do i need to make my own? please wb to me! If you want to make a proramme you need a special program called a comiler which will translate soure coe ino obect coe which can then be lined to produce an execuale. Then the only questions are which lanuage you want to use, and which comiler for that lanuage as there are often seeral choices, e.g. for ++ there is Icrosoft Isual Stuio, MnGW, Borand C++ Buider, and that's just some of what is availale for Indows; there are other possiiliies for Linx, BS, Apple Mainosh, and so on. Hoe hat heps...

Need Help i need a programmer
i have got a quizz to write a programm that gives the sum of all even numbers between two variables x and y and then displays the sum. Include both x and y in the total sum. Any one here can help me............ ? * zohaib.shirani@gmail.com: > i have got a quizz to write a programm that gives the sum of all even > numbers between two variables x and y and then displays the sum. > Include both x and y in the total sum. > > > Any one here can help me............ ? You're in luck, this was recently answered by the FAQ. Since the Parashift server seems to be down, see...

[VMS] Several VMS manuals - Guide to DCL / System procedures etc - VMS V4.nn / VMS 5.0
Hello I am clearing out my office and have found 2 ring binders containing the following manuals for VMS 4.0 / 4.4 Ring binder one Interdiction to VAX/ VMS system routines - AA-Z500B-TE (april 86) VAX/VMS Command Definition Utility reference Manual AA-Z408A-TE (Sept 1984) Guide to VMS text processing (formatting files with DSR) Ring binder two Guide to using VMS Command Procedures AA-LA11A-TE (VMS 5.0 dated April 1988) VMS DCL Concepts Manual AA-LT10A-TE (VMS 5.0 dated April 1988) and separate manuals as follows - all are for VMS 5.0 VMS Command definition manual VMS com...

work for Calrion programmer (programmer needed)
Hi, we need a Clarion programmer to do some work in Calrion environment (need to fix some things in Clarion database) please e-mail to nick@primedebtsoft.com What kind of things? Is this extensive or just a simple verify app? How much? -- Thanks, John Hamilton POSitive Software Company http://www.gopositive.com "PrimeDebt Soft" <sal@primedebtsoft.com> wrote in message news:f408276d.0307281220.4951036f@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > we need a Clarion programmer to do some work in Calrion environment > (need to fix some things in Clarion database) > > ...

New Script Directory needs your scripts listed
http://yourscripts.net/ YourScripts.net offers a nice directory that is very search engine friendly so your script software will get hits and will get noticed. Takes nothing to submit your script software to our directory and help us grow. This listing will be posted in all the major directories within the next couple of days including hotscripts. So if you want traffic and want sales submit your script software listing today. http://yourscripts.net/ wxMYgHwJ83Xy0AKcKZ9Dawsl4RqlYmgwBbH Nameless Spammer <zwWzg8R3@2JxJHR6.com> wrote: > Subject: New Script Directory needs you...

New Script Directory needs your scripts listed
http://yourscripts.net/ YourScripts.net offers a nice directory that is very search engine friendly so your script software will get hits and will get noticed. Takes nothing to submit your script software to our directory and help us grow. This listing will be posted in all the major directories within the next couple of days including hotscripts. So if you want traffic and want sales submit your script software listing today. http://yourscripts.net/ 2erZ6YAmKWeYYKvsTI ...

work for Calrion programmer (programmer needed) #2
Hello: My client has a software he uses for his business wich is written in Clarion. The company he purhcased it from went out of business so he can not reach them to fix it. Recently we had area code changed so he needs to have it changed in the program. There is no option to do so. The address, phone number and company name are entered in the program during the initial registration and can not be altered later. This is some kind of protection against piracy. This information is stored in a password protected .tps file. and of course we do not know the password. So I was woundering if I ca...

New Script Directory needs your scripts listed
http://yourscripts.net/ YourScripts.net offers a nice directory that is very search engine friendly so your script software will get hits and will get noticed. Takes nothing to submit your script software to our directory and help us grow. This listing will be posted in all the major directories within the next couple of days including hotscripts. So if you want traffic and want sales submit your script software listing today. http://yourscripts.net/ mzdZ8YNGULWSDSgvMh5QtJwz0hrMqWcfM1HNOeLWBrK9t8T1aPqYJaX1 ...

Newby question
I have really surprised myself and written a script that actually works! <grin>. As you will be able to tell, I'm really, really new to this scripting stuff... My script does a task and then sleeps for 5 seconds, and does it again (which is what I want). My trouble is that I can't find a way to stop it without pulling up "task manager" and killing it using brute force. I think I can use the Popup method with a nsecondstowait value so that everytime thru the while loop, it pops up and gives me a chance to push an "OK" button to send the script to an exit, other...

shell script lesson needed regarding oraenv script
Platform: Oracle 9.2 on Solaris 9 One group of servers I inherited had the db's built by the installation procedure of a package product. The install was pretty much textbook OFA, and included some useful scripts that I'm studying for the possibility of using them on other setups not related to the product. In oracle's .profile, they placed a set of functions to select the $ORACLE_SID from a list derived from the oratab file. It actually calls the oraenv script (with ORAENV_ASK=NO) then also sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64 and some app specific stuff. Rather than ac...

Need sample DB2 script called by AIX script
Hi, I am new to DB2. Does someone have a sample DB2 script they can post here? All I want to do is execute a SQL query like this: SELECT * FROM TABLE Also, can someone post a sample AIX script that calls executes this DB2 script ? I am guessing that AIX script would looks like this: "db2" < "C:\db2SQL.SCRIPT" echo status: (RC=%errorlevel% ) David wrote: > Hi, > I am new to DB2. Does someone have a sample DB2 script they can post > here? All I want to do is execute a SQL query like this: > SELECT * FROM TABLE > > Also, can s...

Programmers needed
We are looking to hire multiple C programmers with Unix experience. A background in healthcare is a plus. If you're interested, please email. Geoff Rhodes grhodes@tmfloyd.com TM Floyd & Complany ...

Script needed
I need a script which would turn my Oracle9i server into a really good coffee machine. Any suggestions? "ivo" <ivo@ivo.net> a �crit dans le message news: bq4gl5$1uucqa$1@ID-174077.news.uni-berlin.de... > I need a script which would turn my Oracle9i server into > a really good coffee machine. Any suggestions? > > Very simple, there is an undocumented parameter alter system set enable_coffee_machine=true; which gives you access to the following views DBA_COFFEE_TYPES V$COFFEESTAT More seriously, I suggest you tag the subject of your post when you intend to be ...

I need a programmer
I need someone to build a standalone app that hooks into our sql database and performs calculations based on set parameters which I will provide. Will pay through paypal or whatever method you want -- but we need this ASAP. Email me rodnorris@gmail.com and we can arrange to discuss over the phone or IM and ballpark a price/timeline. Thanks Rod Norris wrote: > I need someone to build a standalone app [...] You're in a wrong place. Try misc.jobs.offered. V Received 5 emails from qualified programmers. Seems like it was a good place for my needs. "Victor Bazarov&...

Programmers needed
Scenario: It is possible that our company will need to find as many as 100 (that is not a typo; 100, maybe 150) programmers who know COBOL within the next several months. We would like to locate/identify individuals who have that capability in the Southeast, especially metro areas in the state of Georgia. Individuals who also know Java and have worked in banking would have an edge. The project involves assisting with a large financial services company's transition to new systems, helping with the transition per se, but also maintaining the old systems during the transition while their emp...

Need help with script conflict (Two scripts on one page)
This is my first post. I hope I don't sound stupid. I have a script conflict when I put two scripts on one page. Both scripts will work if I use one at a time but the menu button script will not work when I add the scrolling text script. One script, the menu button script, has an "Onload" command and the other one does not. From what I know, and that's not much, I need to put both scripts in the "Onload" command. I just don't know how to write the script for the scrolling text because it doesn't use the "Onload" command. Here is the script I'm ...