VMS Media Kit ISO available for download?

I came across SIMH and want to play around with it...can the software be
downloaded somewhere?

tia, DH
0
dherkin (1)
11/21/2007 11:29:52 AM
comp.os.vms 21751 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Daryl Herkin wrote:
> I came across SIMH and want to play around with it...can the software be
> downloaded somewhere?

Officially: NO

Unofficially: YES, but you have to find a frendly VMS hobbyist who can
do that for you. You need to specify what you need (in your case
probably VAX VMS 7.3 and then some of the layered products you might need).

If you unmunge my email address, you can contact me privately.

Question: To make an "ISO", is it a question of doing a BACKUP/PHYSICAL
of the VMS CD to some file, and then using ZIP to make that file smaller ?

Or would one create a 600 meg LD drive and then use backup/image of the
CD to the LD device ? (and then ZIP the LD container file for transfer).