VMS Media Kit ISO available for download?

I came across SIMH and want to play around with it...can the software be
downloaded somewhere?

tia, DH
0
dherkin (1)
11/21/2007 11:29:52 AM
comp.os.vms 21314 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Daryl Herkin wrote:
> I came across SIMH and want to play around with it...can the software be
> downloaded somewhere?

Officially: NO

Unofficially: YES, but you have to find a frendly VMS hobbyist who can
do that for you. You need to specify what you need (in your case
probably VAX VMS 7.3 and then some of the layered products you might need).

If you unmunge my email address, you can contact me privately.

Question: To make an "ISO", is it a question of doing a BACKUP/PHYSICAL
of the VMS CD to some file, and then using ZIP to make that file smaller ?

Or would one create a 600 meg LD drive and then use backup/image of the
CD to the LD device ? (and then ZIP the LD container file for transfer).

VMS-related Internet Radio is back in space!
Hi VMS-Community, We're back on air, because we've re-newed our GEMA/RIAA-license today! Radio Del Mar No. 354 is back: http://www.radio-del-mar.de/ or directly: http://vril.marway.org/listen.pls (audio mpeg, 128 kbps per unique listener) We're broadcasting the 19 podcast episodes (VAUs -- VMS Audio Updates) and a little bit of good (really?) music... FYI, we're broadcasting from Berlin VMS 4ever, -Vaxima -- MARWAY.ORG (Hosting, Domains, Shells) | Alexander Horn Silverstone Networking Horn & Horn GbR | UNIX Hostmaster & OpenVMS Admin 10 Bruckner ...

Where to Download
I was clarion 5 user. Where I can download demo software for Clarion 6 or the newest one before i decide to buy it? Erwin wrote: > I was clarion 5 user. Where I can download demo software for Clarion 6 > or the newest one before i decide to buy it? > There are no demos. Ron Or maybe.......the oldest one........Clarion 5.5 ? Erwin wrote: > Or maybe.......the oldest one........Clarion 5.5 ? > I think the last beta was Clarion 5.0 Ron Hi Erwin, Unfortunately, Clarion is the only software on the planet without any demo / trial version available. It is "interesting&...

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Run_Winrunner=B4s_script_from_oth?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?er_application_(NO_TestDirector)?=
Hello, How to run a script from an application (NO Testdirector)? is there an API or DLL? I can do it from command line, but only with the scripts that they are on my PC. I have my own application (similar TestDirector), and I want to run scripts from it. Thanks "Emirlash" <emirlash@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:94e6ed32.0402100050.1e831061@posting.google.com... > Hello, How to run a script from an application (NO Testdirector)? is > there an API or DLL? I've drawn a blank searching the WinRunner discussion group on the Mercury Interaction Support site for an ...

HP offerings
http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press/2004/041007c.html ...... HP OpenPayments builds and delivers on existing IT investments The HP OpenPayments framework uses HP software and application interfaces that enable point solutions from partners such as LogicaCMG, Dovetail and Gresham. HP OpenView software and solutions may be used in tandem with HP OpenPayments to enhance infrastructure management and meet service levels. Fundamentally flexible and scalable, HP OpenPayments can be configured to meet a wide variety of business needs. The solution runs on a variety of HP platforms including I...

Re: OT: Another clueless Drive By Media example (Plaga rized?)
Deny, From your keyboard emanated many accusations and complaints of bias and unfairness. Are we to believe that you're not biased and unfair? Glenn -----Original Message----- From: Denys Beauchemin [mailto:denysnospamwanted@HOUSTON.RR.COM] Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 3:56 AM To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] OT: Another clueless Drive By Media example (Plagarized?) Does that mean I'll not get the list of Bill Clinton's accomplishment? I know that would make for a very short post, but I am so looking forward to it. Denys -----Origina...

Braid available for 66% off on Steam
Just bought Braid very cheap on Steam, I had been waiting for this sort of price - �3.39 in UK. -- Andrew, contact via http://interpleb.googlepages.com Help make Usenet a better place: English is read downwards, please don't top post. Trim replies to quote only relevant text. Check groups.google.com before asking an obvious question. On Sep 11, 3:42=A0am, Andrew <spamt...@127.0.0.1> wrote: > Just bought Braid very cheap on Steam, I had been waiting for this > sort of price - =A33.39 in UK. > -- > Andrew, contact viahttp://interpleb.googlepages.com > Help make Usenet ...

"The Ruby Way" are scripts downloadable ?
Hey all ! I've received yesterday "The Ruby Way" and i wonder if their is some way to download some of the scripts because i'm a lazy guy �;) thanks in advance ! -- yt Yvon Thoraval wrote: > Hey all ! > > I've received yesterday "The Ruby Way" and i wonder if their is some way > to download some of the scripts because i'm a lazy guy �;) Laziness is a virtue in computer science... :) There is a .tar.gz (and a .zip) on rubyhacker.com -- also an errata list. Even the errata list is getting out of date, though. Hal Hal Fulton <hal9...

Embedded Linux training manuals available for building gadgets
http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS8118398634.html Embedded Linux training manuals available for building gadgets, audio and multimedia. Also available kernel kit liveCD with loads of tools: http://free-electrons.com/community/tools/kernelkit/en ...

US-VA-McLean: VMS Systems Mgr, Config, VMS, DCL, csh, Perl, UNIX, NT; C-P (45302648869)
US-VA-McLean: VMS Systems Mgr, Config, VMS, DCL, csh, Perl, UNIX, NT; C-P (45302648869) ======================================================================================= Position: VMS Systems Mgr Reference: SMC01430 Location: McLean VA Duration: C-P Skills: 2+yrs system administration, specifically VMS System Management. Configuration of VMS systems, system Installation, clustering and configuration, security, installing third-party software. Paging and swapping, inter-process communication, device...

Looking for ICQ server for the VMS
Hello All! Is there any pointers ? TIA. ...

Free open-source Browser Automation Tool cPAMIE2b available for Download!!!!!!!!
The Free open-source Browser automation tool. cPAMIE.py The main python class that allows you to write scripts to automate the Internet Explorer browser client for function and unit testing. ================================================================= PAMIE - Reference Guide - What's New - SourceForge - Yahoo Group Required Packages The following packages must be installed before installing PAMIE. Python 2.4 Mark Hammond's win32all package for Python Ctypes package for Python Recommended Packages: These packages are optional, but they are deemed worthy by the PAMIE ...

AutoVue Integration Software Development Kit (iSDK)
Hi have sent few mails to Oracle sales regarding price of AutoVue Integration Software Development Kit (iSDK), but no one answer. Is somewhere price list? Thanks Zdravko ...

This FTP can download many E-books and EDA freely.
http://www.rdfwt.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74 plz read the access rules careful after register. ...

RE: OT: Proof that macintosh is better than VMS
> -----Original Message----- > From: JF Mezei [mailto:jfmezei.spamnot@vaxination.ca] > Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2008 7:29 AM > To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com > Subject: Re: OT: Proof that macintosh is better than VMS > > Neil Rieck wrote: > > > Now everyone knows that MAC OS-X is based upon BSD UNIX so can we > > assume that you've gone over to the dark side? > > You call it the "dark side". I call it the "bright side". The > lights are shining far brighter on OS-X than they are on VMS. > There is plenty of marketing...

Media Maestro LSX 1.0.5
Media Maestro LSX allows you to remotely control all the digital media stored in your PC library (iTunes or Windows Media Player) from any room in your home. Maestro Gives you the ability to instantly edit playlists, change tracks, adjust the volume, and more - All this without having to walk to your PC or plug in your iPod. Maestro Clients can be any of hundreds of standard devices (laptops, Playstation Portables, UMPC's, Tablets, webpads) connected wired or wirelessly to your network. Feature examples: All Major Stereo Controls, Now Playing & Next Track Details, Adjust Rati...

Harpoon2002 Gold is available for sale...
Harpoon Classic 2002 is now available for purchase at: http://store.eSellerate.net/s.asp?s=STR469345516 Purchase Instructions: There are currently two purchase options, Electronic Download and CD-ROM via First Class Airmail. The price of the Download is $30.00 (USD). Shipping and Handling cost for the CD-ROM is an additional $8.00 (USD). It is the policy of our on line merchant, eSellerate, to ship CD's anywhere in the world within 48 hours of an order being placed, so for most US customers, the CD should arrive in the mail 3-5 days after placing the order. As pro...

Network games under VMS?
Are there VMS games running in network? My son got Rainbow 6 Raven Shield for xmas and I do not tell you the foot. We terminate around midnite every evening... For those who do not know Raven Shield, have a look at www.raven-shield.com, download the demo version (199 MB), register and play (My son's nickname is Neo) D. Yes! Long before TCPIP became prevalent in the PC market, there where "networked" VMS war games/simulations that the big boys used. The mainframes ran the central game processes that the endnodes attached to. If you ever saw/played any of the S.S.I. strate...

Position Available
Research Technician II - Job #02/77 Office of Institutional Research, Planning, and Accountability FT position available on or after 7/1/03 in Institutional Research, Planning, and Accountability at California State University, Stanislaus. Two years progressively responsible experience in technical research or statistical work plus equivalent to graduation from a 4-year college/university. SAS programming experience preferred. Position open until filled. Application screening ongoing. Application and detailed job announcement available at www.csustan.edu/HR <http://www.csustan.ed...

Download counter
people why does this not work?? I have tried to write a download manager (counter) for my website called something like this: http://<server>/cgi-bin/download.py?FileID=1 I do get a download popup but the download is broken. Someting is not right and I don't know what. Excuse my sloppy code... It is stil in test. Code below, help appreciated. === #!d:/python/python.exe #e:/python23/python.exe import cgi import os import glob import sys __author__ = "Ivo Woltring" __version__ = "00.01" __doc__=""" Enable download with additional features like c...

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=C4=C4=E4hhhmjjm=F6mmm=F6mmm=F6mm..?=
Eli melkein huomenta, taisin her=E4t=E4 puhelimeen... joku ostaostaosta-=E4= =E4li=F6 joka oli poikkeuksellisen sitke=E4. Helkkari.. Saitko nukuttua ilman painajaisia? --=20 Hitting reply will get you devnulled. If you'd like an answer, use: shinguz < a t > phreaker < d o t > net On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:07:50 +0200 shinguz wrote: Ooopss... ;) -- Hitting reply will get you devnulled. If you'd like an answer, use: shinguz < a t > phreaker < d o t > net I can bet if you said that in English, you should h...

Re: VMS support people looking for answers here?
On 1 Nov 2006 11:03:53 -0800, bob@instantwhip.com <bob@instantwhip.com> wrote: > has everyone who knows vms been fired? > > http://www.openvms.org/stories.php?story=06/10/31/2137885 > > Okay, that's it. I've been answering their questions for free that I'd be paying *them* to answer if I was asking them? From now on, if I don't know you, answers are 5 USD each, or the equivalent amount in your local currency. No renminbi, please. WWWebb William Webb wrote: > On 1 Nov 2006 11:03:53 -0800, bob@instantwhip.com <bob@instantwhip.com> > wrote: ...

mozilla thunderbird on VMS
there appear to be hints in the sources that thunderbird 2.0.0 builds on VMS. Can anyone confirm this? Ian Miller wrote: > there appear to be hints in the sources that thunderbird 2.0.0 builds > on VMS. Can anyone confirm this? > Maybe these hints are part of code that was/is shared between Thunderbird and Mozilla classic. The latter application has been renamed to SeaMonkey, has been further developed, and is also available on the Mozilla web site. I hope it will be ported to OpenVMS. I see that the HP VMS roadmap shows the next browser on VMS being based on firefox. ...

VMS 30th anniversary contest
HP-USA has setup a contest to celebrate the 30th anniversary of VMS. http://www.hp.com/go/celebrate30 You need a valid system serial number. And you gtet some t-shirt and chance to win one of them IA64 contraptions. Contest opened to USA residents only. Your mileage may vary. <font size="tiny"> 1 Free HP OpenVMS anniversary offer subject to HP terms and conditions. Offer available to all customers with a valid serial number while supplies last. You must meet HP qualifications. HP may discontinue this offer at anytime. 2 Contest Rules: No purchase necessary. Open only ...

ANN: Deepend 3.1 available for Ada 2005 and Ada 2012
After only a few days since the 3.0 release, I am pleased to announce the availability of Deepend 3.1. Deepend is a dynamic storage pool with Subpool capabilities for Ada 2005 and Ada 2012 where all the objects in a subpool can be reclaimed all at once, instead of requiring each object to be individually reclaimed one at a time. A Dynamic Pool may have any number of subpools. If subpools are not reclaimed prior to finalization of the pool, then they are finalized when the pool is finalized. Rather than deallocate items individually which is error prone and susceptible to memory l...

Newsgroup Stats for Comp.Os.Vms (week ended 7-Aug-2009 GMT)
============================================================================ Analysis of posts to comp.os.vms ============================================================================ (stats compiled with a script by Garry Knight) Total posts considered: 180 over 7 days Earliest article: Tue Aug 4 23:15:02 2009 Latest article: Wed Aug 5 18:45:01 2009 Original articles: 13, replies: 167 Total size of posts: 496,257 bytes (484K) (0.47M) Average 25 articles per day, 0.07 MB per day, 2,756 bytes per article Total headers: 223 KB bodies: 260 KB Body te...