VMS Media Kit ISO available for download?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I came across SIMH and want to play around with it...can the software be
downloaded somewhere?

tia, DH
0
Reply dherkin (1) 11/21/2007 11:29:52 AM

See related articles to this posting

Daryl Herkin wrote:
> I came across SIMH and want to play around with it...can the software be
> downloaded somewhere?

Officially: NO

Unofficially: YES, but you have to find a frendly VMS hobbyist who can
do that for you. You need to specify what you need (in your case
probably VAX VMS 7.3 and then some of the layered products you might need).

If you unmunge my email address, you can contact me privately.

Question: To make an "ISO", is it a question of doing a BACKUP/PHYSICAL
of the VMS CD to some file, and then using ZIP to make that file smaller ?

Or would one create a 600 meg LD drive and then use backup/image of the
CD to the LD device ? (and then ZIP the LD container file for transfer).
0
Reply jfmezei.spamnot (9469) 11/21/2007 12:14:22 PM
comp.os.vms 20712 articles. 11 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Re: VMS Media Kit ISO available for download?
From: JF Mezei <jfmezei.spamnot@vaxination.ca> > Question: To make an "ISO", is it a question of doing a BACKUP/PHYSICAL > of the VMS CD to some file, and then using ZIP to make that file smaller ? Only if you intend to use BACKUP /PHYSICAL to create the CD-ROM copy at the destination. Seems unlikely. > Or would one create a 600 meg LD drive and then use backup/image of the > CD to the LD device ? (and then ZIP the LD container file for transfer). One might create an LD container of (approximately) the smallest size which would work. A larger one waste...

Are there BT downloading available to VWNC ISO?
Hi, The whole ISO file is huge and will take a day to download. Is it possible to build the installer with BT downloading ability added? Perhaps a little help. guo1968 wrote: > The whole ISO file is huge and will take a day to download. Is it > possible to build the installer with BT downloading ability added? > Perhaps a little help. There's an executable version of the VisualWorks Installer, and all versions can download individual components, so you don't have to get the whole ISO. HTH, M. Roberts Cincom Systems, Inc. Thank you M. Roberts. The ...

Icebreaker ISO file available for download
Hi all, there is an Icebreaker ISO file available for download: http://downloads.ingres.com/download/db-9.0.4-beta2-x86-disc1.iso Has anybody tried it out yet? Regards Gerhard ...

Status of the VMS Hobbyist media kit(s) ?
Hi. Just a quickie... Anyone know the current status of the VMS Hobbyist media CD ? Is it orderable ? HP is asking aprox $1000 USD localy over here in Sweden for a LP-kit... Jan-Erik. Jan-Erik S�derholm wrote: > Hi. > Just a quickie... > > Anyone know the current status of the VMS > Hobbyist media CD ? Is it orderable ? > > HP is asking aprox $1000 USD localy over here > in Sweden for a LP-kit... > > Jan-Erik. Got a personal mail from Steven M. Schweda, but his/your mail system rejected my reply. - SMTP protocol diagnostic: 550 Your IP address or subne...

Linux ISO image compiled for powerpc 5400 available for download?
Hi there all Does anyone have a compiled linux iso image that would run on a Powerpc 5400 available for download, or know where one is? Alternatly, does anyone have a copy of OS 9.0 or 9.1 available. I cant find it available for sale at Apple. Glenn. Glenn M wrote: > Does anyone have a compiled linux iso image that would run on a > Powerpc 5400 available for download, or know where one is? > Alternatly, does anyone have a copy of OS 9.0 or 9.1 available. I cant > find it available for sale at Apple. You should be able to find a rea$onably priced copy of OS9 or 9.1 on eBay, or...

SUSE 9.1 Personal ISO Available For Free Download
From Slasdot <http://www.slashdot.org> SUSE 9.1 Personal ISO Available For Free Download Posted by timothy on Sunday June 20, @02:02PM from the that's-a-change dept. twener writes "DistroWatch.com was the first to report that a complete, bootable, and installable ISO image of SUSE LINUX 9.1 Personal has appeared on SUSE's ftp server and its mirrors. No public announcement on SUSE's website is available yet. This is the first time ever that SUSE makes an ISO for i386 of one of its product flavors available. Don't forget that after installation you can install the pa...

Progress Dynamic Queries Tool Kit Available
Can working with dynamic queries be as easy as: /****************************************************************/ /* Test One : A good query */ /****************************************************************/ {dyntoolkit.i} DEFINE VARIABLE h AS HANDLE NO-UNDO. ASSIGN h = dyn_open("FOR EACH Job NO-LOCK"). DISPLAY cDyn_ErrCode cDyn_ErrMsg FORMAT "x(30)". REPEAT: dyn_next(h). IF dyn_qoe(h) THEN LEAVE. DISPLAY dyn_getvalue(h, "Job.JobID") dyn_getvalue(h, "Job.Name") d...

RE: [Info-ingres] Icebreaker ISO file available for download
Yes we're playing with it:- Ingres 2006 Version II 9.0.4 (int.rpl/107) Anyone know where the documentation for it is? ************************************************************************ DISCLAIMER The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended for the recipient only. If you have received it in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete it from your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any other purposes, or disclose the content of the e-mail to any other person or store or copy the information in any medium. ...

Vax/VMS Media Kit (in particular the COBOL compiler) for Hobbist License.
I would like to either buy or borrow a media kit for OpenVMS 7.3. Is there anyone in the Central Texas area who has a copy and would be willing let me get a copy of it please? I think this is legal, as I don't see any restrictions on that, so long as you don't pass the licenses along with it. Thanks -Paul Paul dot Raulerson at GMAIL . com ...

Does Sun still have Solaris 9 ISO's available for downloading?
Hi, One way to try and fix the problems with upgrading this machine from Solaris 9 to 10 is first of all to get the latest release of 9, burn ISO's to some CD-R's, and do an upgrade installation from those first. Then I can try upgrading to 10. However Sun's either stopped providing downloadable ISO files for Solaris 9, or at least all reference to it from the main part of the Solaris area on Sun's website has been fully 'cleansed' of any reference to Solaris 9. Has anyone actually found downloadable ISO's for whatever is the last release of Solaris 9? Searching ...

eRPG Software Development Kit (eRPG SDK) Now Available for Public Download
Hello! Just a quick note to let you know that the response to the eRPG SDK was outstanding. I have now made the beta available for public download. You can download the eRPG SDK as well as find information about it and view sample applications and source code be going to: www.erpgsdk.com or www.bvstools.com/erpgsdk/ Thanks again to all that responded to work as controlled beta testers. I encourage anyone that tests the eRPG SDK to contact me with any questions, comments, or ideas on how to make the eRPG SDK better! Bradley V. Stone www.bvstools.com ...

Is VAX/VMS V1.0/V2.0 available for download in SIMH .TAP format ?
No, I haven't finally lost it. :-) I never ran the early versions of VMS, and I am curious to see how they differ from today's VMS. As for the legalities, this is for hobbyist use only. TIA, Simon. -- Simon Clubley, clubley@remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP SCO: Proudly pushing Microsoft down to #2 on the list of most disliked companies Simon Clubley wrote: > > No, I haven't finally lost it. :-) > > I never ran the early versions of VMS, and I am curious to see how they > differ from today's VMS. > > As for the legalities, this is for ho...

Re: Is VAX/VMS V1.0/V2.0 available for download in SIMH .TAP format ? ? ?
Alan Frisbie wrote: > healyzh@aracnet.com wrote: > >> David J Dachtera <djesys.nospam@comcast.net> wrote: >> >> > I think SIMH emulates a VAX model that the early version would likely >> > not support. >> >> > Be interesting to try, though I s'pose. >> >> Good point! It emulates a KA650 I believe. > > > I find it very interesting to trace the evolution of VAX processors > versus the evolution of PDP-11 processors. With PDP-11 processors, > I can boot and run the very earliest paper tape (or even key-in)...

Re: Is VAX/VMS V1.0/V2.0 available for download in SIMH .TAP format ?
> -----Original Message----- > From: Simon Clubley > [mailto:clubley@remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP] > Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 1:53 PM > To: Info-VAX@Mvb.Saic.Com > Subject: Is VAX/VMS V1.0/V2.0 available for download in SIMH > .TAP format ? > > > No, I haven't finally lost it. :-) > > I never ran the early versions of VMS, and I am curious to > see how they differ from today's VMS. > > As for the legalities, this is for hobbyist use only. > > TIA, > > Simon. > > -- > Simon Clubley, clubley@remov...

ZLIB 1.2.8 and Curl 7.32 PCSI kits now available at VMS-PORTS
Today the CURL project at http://curl.haxx.se/ released curl 7.32. The VMSPORTS team is pleased to announce that ZLIB 1.2.8 and Curl/libcurl 7.32 PCSI kits are now available for OpenVMS at https://sourceforge.net/projects/vms-ports/ These kits are compatible with GNV but do not require it. If you do have GNV installed, make sure that the GNV$STARTUP procedure is run so that the [vms$common.gnv...] directories are visible. You can find PCSI kits for these port at: https://sourceforge.net/projects/vms-ports/files/ or ftp://encompasserve.org/gnv/ in the a...

Re: Is VAX/VMS V1.0/V2.0 available for download in SIMH .TAP format ? #2
>From: clubley@remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP (Simon Clubley) >X-Newsgroups: comp.os.vms >Subject: Is VAX/VMS V1.0/V2.0 available for download in SIMH .TAP format ? >Date: 2 Jun 2004 11:52:35 -0600 >Organization: Encompasserve >Lines: 14 >Message-ID: <tpzZJpZJnLtD@eisner.encompasserve.org> > >No, I haven't finally lost it. :-) > >I never ran the early versions of VMS, and I am curious to see how they >differ from today's VMS. > >As for the legalities, this is for hobbyist use only. > Does simh support pdp compatibility mode? Th...

Kits available
Have a number of VMS kits VAX, Alpha I64 eval, Tru64, SPL's Doc's for all going back to 1999, If you want something send me mail and I will see if I have it, these are otherwise heading for the recycle bin. -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ Tom Linden wrote: > Have a number of VMS kits VAX, Alpha I64 eval, Tru64, SPL's Doc's for > all going back to 1999, If you want something send me mail and I will > see if I have it, these are otherwise heading for the recycle bin. If nobody else wants them, I would volunteer to giv...

SN#18407 Express Rail Kit and Other Rackmount Kit Available for Sun Fire Servers
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 113 Issue 4 2007-07-23 Article 18407 from section "Hardware" No Tools Needed There are new rail and rackmount kits available for Sun Fire servers. A new Express Rail Kit is available for Sun Fire[TM] X4100 server (and M2), Sun Fire[TM] X4200 (and M2), Sun Fire[TM] X2100 M2 and Sun Fire X2200 M2 servers that can be installed without tools. There is also two-post rackmount kit for the Sun Fire[TM] V445 server. Details at http://sun.systemnews.com/g?A=18407 Have a custom version of 'System News for Su...

downloading a VMS distribution
Hi, I recently had my encompass membership confirmed and within a few days will apply for a hobbyist licence. However I'm too skint to buy a distribution CD. Yes I know it's only thirty bucks but ... skint is skint. Is there anywhere I can go to plug in a member-id, licence number and whatever else (except credit-card #) to download (gasp) a VMS distrib that way? tia. -- relax and enjoy your shoes Andrew Walters wrote: > > Hi, > > I recently had my encompass membership confirmed and within a > few days will apply for a hobbyist licence. > > However I'...

Hobbyist Media available
Hi - I'm trying to get a media kit for the hobbyist program. Have tried to contact the hobbyist website w/o response, although its happy to take your order, the process seems to die there (CC does not get charged, no CD''s, etc). Lack of recent discussion leads me to ask if the program is dead, are the licenses still available, are there other avenues to gettign a hobbyist system running, if only on SIMH or CHARON? -bob (blombard at usarc dot org) bob lombard wrote: > Hi - I'm trying to get a media kit for the hobbyist program. Have tried > to contact the hobbyist we...

vmware VMS ISO ?
Hi, do you know where i could find a vmware image of an Open VMS system (even an hobbyst version) ? My computer runs on Windows XP thks bye Nico Nicopil@mi wrote: > Hi, do you know where i could find a vmware image of an Open VMS system > (even an hobbyst version) ? > > My computer runs on Windows XP > > > thks > bye > Nico Not possible You could install an emulator in vmware, and then install vms on that! search for simh or charon-vax or charon-alpha Phil "Nicopil@mi" <---@---.com> schreef in bericht news:4594386e$0$287$426a74cc@news.free...

what is the availability of java on VMS?
Is java available on OpenVMS? What version of java? For which version(s) of OpenVMS? There is a java program running on a non-VMS machine that needs to talk to a process we will have to write on VMS. The program uses java sockets. Is this doable? Hopefully java 5 will be available.... Regards, Andrew Marlow On Jun 5, 11:06=A0am, marlow.and...@googlemail.com wrote: > Is java available on OpenVMS? What version of java? For which > version(s) of OpenVMS? > > There is a java program running on a non-VMS machine that needs to > talk to a process we will have to write on VMS. The ...

Is CDP available for VMS?
Wow, a VMS group! Question - is Continuous Data Protection available for VMS? Sort of a poor man's shadowcopy? Are there any products like this out there? I want to use it for DR. On Jul 24, 10:57=A0am, MXEditor <edi...@mxnewsfeed.com> wrote: > Wow, a VMS group! > > Question - is Continuous Data Protection available for VMS? Sort of a > poor man's shadowcopy? > > Are there any products like this out there? > > I want to use it for DR. Volume Shadowing is available for VMS. Various vendors storage can also replicate storage. On Jul 24, 10:57=A0am, MX...

NetTime download availability
I'd like to try running NetTime on the BeagleBoard but am not having much luck in locating a copy on the internet. The iyonx.com download link <http://www.iyonix.com/updates/beta-software/timekeepers.shtml> doesn't seem to be functional and my searches haven't turned up an alternative location. Other c.s.a.* references I've found, e.g. <http://tinyurl.com/36cfzfb> are concerned with time servers rather than the software itself. Pointers welcomed, thanks. In article <9a6b1f0e-dd0c-44ee-ae66-9b924b78b7c2@n15g2000yqf.googlegroups.com>, trevj <trevj@cwaz...