X server access from VMS

let's continue the story.

I have VMS 8.3 running on my PC via the Personal Alpha emulator
I have installed Xming on the PC as an X server
I did a $ set displ/create/transp=tcpip/node=blablabla on the Alpha, I
started Xming, and I get :

DTL> Moz
Starting MOZILLA-BIN
Xlib: connexion to "_WSA1:" refused by server
Xlib: no protocol specified

But I do not have a SET DISPLAY/PROTOCOL...

Help.
Tx.
0
DTL
11/18/2009 4:52:55 PM
comp.os.vms 21714 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Start xming via xlaunch and specify 'no access control'.

Jur.

DTL wrote, On 18-11-2009 17:52:
> let's continue the story.
>
> I have VMS 8.3 running on my PC via the Personal Alpha emulator
> I have installed Xming on the PC as an X server
> I did a $ set displ/create/transp=tcpip/node=blablabla on the Alpha, I
> started Xming, and I get :
>
> DTL>  Moz
> Starting MOZILLA-BIN
> Xlib: connexion to "_WSA1:" refused by server
> Xlib: no protocol specified
>
> But I do not have a SET DISPLAY/PROTOCOL...
>
> Help.
> Tx.
0
Jur
11/19/2009 7:39:04 AM
DTL wrote:
> let's continue the story.
>
> I have VMS 8.3 running on my PC via the Personal Alpha emulator
> I have installed Xming on the PC as an X server
> I did a $ set displ/create/transp=tcpip/node=blablabla on the Alpha, I
> started Xming, and I get :
>
> DTL> Moz
> Starting MOZILLA-BIN
> Xlib: connexion to "_WSA1:" refused by server
                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Make sure that Xming allows incoming display requests from your
VMS-machine. For security reasons X-servers do not allow this by default.

> Xlib: no protocol specified
>
> But I do not have a SET DISPLAY/PROTOCOL...
>
> Help.
> Tx.
            Jouk
0
Jouk
11/19/2009 7:54:29 AM
On 19 nov, 08:39, Jur van der Burg <"lddriver at digiater dot nl">
wrote:
> Start xming via xlaunch and specify 'no access control'.

Fantastic !
That was it.

Many thanks.
Ten points :-)

Cheers.
0
DTL
11/19/2009 9:18:09 AM
CSWB / VMS Alpha / Personal Alpha Emulator / PC Winsh*t XPP SP3 UP AND
RUNNING !
:-)

Thanks to all.
0