Doesn't vxWorks support bool type?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I defined a global variable in bool type but the compiler gave me a
parse error on it. There seems no "true/false" either, but has to be
"TRUE/FALSE". The word "bool" shows as a key word in blue color. Does
vxWorks support the bool type? Thanks!

0
Reply wuxianming (11) 2/22/2006 1:17:50 AM

See related articles to this posting

only in C++ language files.  The 'C' language doesn't know the words
'bool' 'true' or 'false'.

david wrote:

> I defined a global variable in bool type but the compiler gave me a
> parse error on it. There seems no "true/false" either, but has to be
> "TRUE/FALSE". The word "bool" shows as a key word in blue color. Does
> vxWorks support the bool type? Thanks!

0
Reply camille (192) 2/22/2006 2:55:27 AM

David Lindauer wrote:
> only in C++ language files.  The 'C' language doesn't know the words
> 'bool' 'true' or 'false'.
>
> david wrote:
>
> > I defined a global variable in bool type but the compiler gave me a
> > parse error on it. There seems no "true/false" either, but has to be
> > "TRUE/FALSE". The word "bool" shows as a key word in blue color. Does
> > vxWorks support the bool type? Thanks!

More accurately, the 1990 C standard doesn't "know" these words.  In
the 1999 standard, they defined as macros in <stdbool.h>

REH

0
Reply spamjunk (312) 2/22/2006 2:25:21 PM
comp.os.vxworks 5909 articles. 6 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Doesn't vxWorks support bool type?
I defined a global variable in bool type but the compiler gave me a parse error on it. There seems no "true/false" either, but has to be "TRUE/FALSE". The word "bool" shows as a key word in blue color. Does vxWorks support the bool type? Thanks! only in C++ language files. The 'C' language doesn't know the words 'bool' 'true' or 'false'. david wrote: > I defined a global variable in bool type but the compiler gave me a > parse error on it. There seems no "true/false" either, but has to be > "TRUE/FAL...

getting around lack of bool type support
I am using mikroC to program some microcontroller code in C. However I have come across of potential problem of bool type not being supported from the compiler complaint on how I declared type bool variable. From a forum thread that I've pulled out from mikroBasic, I realized that bool type isn't fully supported. When programming in mikroC, I have been getting an error message of "invalid expression" when I declared a bool type variable, "specifier needed" when I declared the bool type variable within a function parameter and also when I declared the bool type varia...

enum promote to bool type rather than Integer type?
vc2008 TIXML_SUCCESS==retcode warning c4805 "==" :no safe with bool and integer TIXML_SUCCESS is a enum type in tinyxml lib but retcode==TIXML_SUCCESS no warning! why? On Aug 2, 10:58=A0pm, FE <blood_...@sina.com.cn> wrote: > TIXML_SUCCESS=3D=3Dretcode > warning c4805 "=3D=3D" :no safe with bool and integer > but > retcode=3D=3DTIXML_SUCCESS > no warning! > > why? I don't know why reversing the order of the operands doesn't produce the same warning, but I would avoid both uses. Because of the integral promotion of the boolean valu...

powerpc-wrs-vxworks cross compiler with altivec support (VxWorks 5.5)
Hi All, I try to build a vxworks cross compiler for powerpc 750. I could build binutils-2.14 with ../configure --target=powerpc-wrs-vxworks --prefix=/usr/local/vxworks make make install PATH=${PATH}:/usr/local/vxworks/bin It worked just fine. Then I try to build gcc-3.3: ../configure --target=powerpc-wrs-vxworks --prefix=/usr/local/vxworks --with-cpu=604 --enable-altivec make all install I have an erro in rs6000/vxCpu.h: #error CPU is not defined How can I solve this problem? Or which is latest gcc with altivec support for powerpc-wrs-vxworks? Regards, Zoltan ...

Does Linux OS on i386 supports any jffs2 filesystem type, how difficult to change it to jffs2 type?
Does Linux OS on i386 supports any jffs2 filesystem type, how difficult to change it to jffs2 type?. Thanks. ...

UX:cpio: ERROR: Old format cannot support expanded types on {filename}: Value too large for defined data type
This is my first OSR6 installation on a VxFS file system, using "find . -print | cpio -o >mycpio.file" I get the following message many many files UX:cpio: ERROR: Old format cannot support expanded types on {filename}: Value too large for defined data type I see there are differences with VxFS. Does that mean cpio isn't going to be available to any system running VxFS filesystems? I am trying to do a emergency backup like I used to do with the OSR5 systems. (yes I know there is "professional" software out there that will do this for me but the old way always...

Build VxWorks image support IPv6 using VxWorks 6.2 & WindRiver Workbench 2.4
Dear all, I have a trouble when building a VxWorks image support IPv6 using VxWorks 6.2 & Workbench 2.4 On New VxWorks Images Project Option Dialog, I checked "Use IPv6 enabled kernel libraries" option and built this image. Workbench reported the error message below: dld -tPPC603FH:vxworks62 -X -N -Xgenerate-paddr -e _sysInit -D_VX_START_TEXT=0x00010000 \ dataSegPad.o romfs_image_prj.o partialImage.o ctdt.o \ -D_VX_DATA_ALIGN=1 d:/WindRiver/vxworks-6.2/target/h/tool/diab/ldscripts/link.RAM -o vxWorks dld: warning: Undefined symbol 'netDevCreate' in file 'partial...

[Announce] DataDirect XQuery 3.1 Supports MySQL; adds Extended File-Type Support & Output Enhancements.
[Announce] Dear comp.text.xml, DataDirect Technologies has released an updated version of DataDirect XQuery, an easily embeddable, Java-based implementation of the XQuery 1.0 and the XQuery API for Java standards. Here are some of the highlights of the new release: * Expanded database support for both the Enterprise and Community edition of MySQL server ( http://www.xquery.com/mysql/ ) and full update support for relational data including Oracle 11g, Informix and PostgreSQL. * Support for DataDirect XML Converters ( http://www.xmlconverters.com ) providing seamless integration for all data ...

VxWorks BSP Support
Hi, Has anyone ported the VxWorks 6.x BSP to AMD Turion 64*2 Dual core processor. In AMD Site, they did not tell about VxWorks Support. -Thanks N.Bala ...

Pthread Support in VxWorks!
Hi, I am currently working on Tornado 2.2 . The BSP which I am using is not built with PThreads support. Can I just link to the Pthreads library and load it on VxWorks? When I gave a search for pthreads library, I got many "pthread.a" files, but all of them were just of 1KB in size. I was also able to find the pthread.h file. What is the name of the Pthreads library present in VxWorks? Can somebody please tell me in which path of Tornado I can find the pthreads library? Also, can I link it with my application and load it directly? Will it work? I am newbie to VxWorks. Please H...

types? casting and bools
Hi! Recently I ran into the problem: Why ruby handle booleans so liberally? I mean why can I pass anything to an if, and for constructs requiring bool? I guess many programmers do it the wrong way saying "if 0" and expecting to be true... And on the other hand I must use to_i and others to convert from one type to another. Gergo -- +-[ Kontra, Gergely<kgergely@mcl.hu> PhD student Room IB113 ]---------+ | http://www.mcl.hu/~kgergely "Olyan langesz vagyok, hogy | | Mobil:(+36 20) 356 9656 ICQ: 175564914 poroltoval kellene jarnom" | +-- Magyar php mirr...

encrypted types not supported
Hi, I have a little java app that can authenticate against my KDC on a linux box. When i point the app at my domain controller (W2K) i get a KRB5KDC_ERR_ETYPE_NOSUPP returned, or as it says in java 'javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: KDC has no support for encryption type (14)'. I set my account to use des in the account tab but still get this problem. The enc types sent by the client are des-cbc-md5, des-cbc-crc and des-cbc-sha1. Anyone any ideas what I can try next? Thanks. For Java application to authenticate against Windows KDC, you will need configure the Windows 20...

VLAN support in vxworks
hi, How VLAN tagged support implemented in vxworks.? Is there any mechanism to configure VLAN ID .? ...

MOTIF support for VxWorks
Hi All, I am new to this GUI development. Could any one please help me on where to search for the MOTIF support on VxWorks. As I understand MOTIF is set of library being provided to create our own GUI. If any one has been working on MOTIF porting for VxWorks, please do provide me with the information, so that I can also go ahead and port MOTIF on VxWorks. thanks and regards, Vinay Vinay wrote: > Hi All, > I am new to this GUI development. Could any one please help me on where > to search for the MOTIF support on VxWorks. As I understand MOTIF is > set of library being provided t...

Does VxWorks supports XML?
Hi All, Please let me know which version of VxWorks supports XML? Thanks in advance, Ajay I don't know the answer, but it may help others if you defined "supports". Chris "Ajay" <ajay.moto@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1152683164.913468.300080@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > Please let me know which version of VxWorks supports XML? > > Thanks in advance, > Ajay > I think they have a new version coming out "VxWorks XML Edition". Same as ther regular vxworks, with an open source XML parser thrown in for an...

vxWorks SMP support
i am looking for information concerning vxWorks support of SMP Symmetric Multiprocessing any information regarding this point (for other OS) will be usefull inaogaok@gmail.com wrote: > i am looking for information concerning vxWorks support of SMP > Symmetric Multiprocessing > > any information regarding this point (for other OS) will be usefull > I recommend talking to Wind River sales. Current vxWorks offerings do not support SMP so you will be asking about future product availability which few people here either know about or can comment about if they do know. ...

VxWorks BSP Support #3
Hi, Has anyone ported the VxWorks 6.x BSP to AMD Turion 64*2 Dual core processor. In AMD Site, they did not tell about VxWorks Support. -Thanks N.Bala npbalajiirtt@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > Has anyone ported the VxWorks 6.x BSP to AMD Turion 64*2 Dual core > processor. In AMD Site, they did not tell about VxWorks Support. > > -Thanks > N.Bala > Hmm...Well. BSPs typically target boards and you are taking about a processor...And not a system on a chip processor...so the question is off to a slightly bad start. a) If the question is does one of the standar...

Checking whether bool is a type
In my application I need to know whether bool is available as a type (in Python2.3) or not. I just realized I can use the following: jand> python Python 2.3c1 (#1, Jul 21 2003, 12:40:39) [GCC 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.1 2.96-98)] on linux2 Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information. >>> type(bool) is type True jand> python2.2 Python 2.2.2 (#1, Oct 16 2002, 19:59:11) [GCC 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.1 2.96-98)] on linux2 Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "licens...

Detecting support for event types
When using createEvent, an eventType parameter must be provided as an argument. This can be one of those specified in DOM 2 or 3 Events, or it might be a proprietary eventType[1]. My problem is testing for support of particular eventTypes - the DOM 2 Events Interface DocumentEvent says that if the eventType is not supported, it throws a DOM exception[2]. This makes testing rather tough - if you try something like: if (document && document.createEvent && document.createEvent(eventType)) {...} or a typeof test and the eventType (say 'MouseEvents') isn't support...

VxWorks does not support Deadlock detection...
Hi All, I wanted to confirm that VxWorks v5.5 does not support deadlock detection or protocols(such as priority ceiling protocols) used to avoid deadlocks Siddharth VxWorks 5.5 supports priority inheritance algorithms on mutexes. There is documentation about it in the programmer's manual Jason On Aug 13, 11:51=A0pm, sidd <siddharthku...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > I wanted to confirm that VxWorks v5.5 does not support deadlock > detection or protocols(such as priority ceiling protocols) =A0used to > avoid deadlocks > > Siddharth On Aug 15, 8:38=A0pm,...

Find out if defcustom type is supported
I used (defcustom bla ... :type '(alist ...) ...) and then found out that XEmacs doesn't support the alist type. I then implemented a workaround, conditioned on (featurep 'xemacs). But I think it would be better to devise a test which checks whether the alist type is known. Then it will work well even after XEmacs defines the alist type, or on old versions of Emacs where the alist type is also unknown. So is there a way to find out if the alist defcustom type is known? -- ~/.signature kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Gro�johann) writes: > I used (defcustom bla ... :type '...

When did the bool type make it into the language?
Trivial argument at work. My cooworker claims that Windows invented the BOOL type before C++ had a bool type. We're bored. When did bool make it's way into C or into C++ if not from the beginning? Christopher Pisz <someone@somewhere.net> writes: >Trivial argument at work. My cooworker claims that Windows invented the >BOOL type before C++ had a bool type. We're bored. Windows is an operating system. An operating system cannot invent something. The type �bool� was added to C++ in the early 90s. Of course, typedef int BOOL; or even ...

PCI-X Support in VxWorks
Hi All, I was wondering if anyone can tell me whether VxWorks supports PCI-X or RapidIO? Has anyone seen driver support for these? Has anyone worked on any project related to this? Any help appreciated. Patrick patrick wrote: > Hi All, > > I was wondering if anyone can tell me whether VxWorks supports PCI-X > or RapidIO? Has anyone seen driver support for these? > Has anyone worked on any project related to this? > > Any help appreciated. > > Patrick PCI-X is software backward compatible, so... yes it still works. Don't know about RapidIO.... ...

VxWorks BSP Support #4
Hi, Has anyone ported the VxWorks 6.x BSP to AMD Turion 64*2 Dual core processor. In AMD Site, they did not tell about VxWorks Support. -Thanks N.Bala ...

does mvme5100 have an MMU ..and is it supported by VxWorks ?
Hello, Does the mvme5100 processor module (SBC ) have a MMU ? If so does VxWorks BSP support it ? I have been searching for this info in Motorola's datasheet for the mvme5100 sbc, but have not found anything which either tells me that it does or it doesn't. Can someone please help me out here ? Any pointers to where I can find more info...would help a lot Thanks, Vik Vikas wrote: > > Does the mvme5100 processor module (SBC ) have a MMU ? If so does > VxWorks BSP support it ? Yes, and partially; all PowerPC CPUs have some kind of an MMU, which is why Motorola don'...