Doesn't vxWorks support bool type?

I defined a global variable in bool type but the compiler gave me a
parse error on it. There seems no "true/false" either, but has to be
"TRUE/FALSE". The word "bool" shows as a key word in blue color. Does
vxWorks support the bool type? Thanks!

0
wuxianming (11)
2/22/2006 1:17:50 AM
comp.os.vxworks 5933 articles. 0 followers. motamedi24 (67) is leader. Post Follow

only in C++ language files.  The 'C' language doesn't know the words
'bool' 'true' or 'false'.

david wrote:

> I defined a global variable in bool type but the compiler gave me a
> parse error on it. There seems no "true/false" either, but has to be
> "TRUE/FALSE". The word "bool" shows as a key word in blue color. Does
> vxWorks support the bool type? Thanks!

0
camille (192)
2/22/2006 2:55:27 AM
David Lindauer wrote:
> only in C++ language files.  The 'C' language doesn't know the words
> 'bool' 'true' or 'false'.
>
> david wrote:
>
> > I defined a global variable in bool type but the compiler gave me a
> > parse error on it. There seems no "true/false" either, but has to be
> > "TRUE/FALSE". The word "bool" shows as a key word in blue color. Does
> > vxWorks support the bool type? Thanks!

More accurately, the 1990 C standard doesn't "know" these words.  In
the 1999 standard, they defined as macros in <stdbool.h>

REH

0
spamjunk (312)

VxWorks
Hi All, How to create a RAW socket in VxWorks which will send packets based on the MAC address of the required machine. Is there a saperate socket address structure which will specify the source and destination MAC address. Any help will be of greate help. ...

pdflatex (file mtex.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for reading
Hello, I try to include a PDF file in my LaTex file using the pdfpages package. Apparently this PDF file contains mathtime font MTEX and MTSYN Running pdflatex on my file returns Warning: pdflatex (file mtex.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for reading Warning: pdflatex (file mtsyn.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font file for reading and the mathematical symbols are not properly displayed in the new PDF file. I have some mathtime fonts but they end in *.ttf and *.afm. Where can I get the missing pfb format? Sven pdflatex -version pdfeTeX (Web2C 7.4.5) 3.14159-1.10b-2.1 kpathsea version 3.4...

V8 support for db2split
I don't yet have V8 installed, but I've been told that db2split is no longer supported. As I use db2split to partition input data to pass to update programs running in parallel across all nodes, it serves a critical function. Re-engineering my parallel update process to use db2atld in place of db2split will involve quite a few changes. I saw a newsgroup note earlier that indicated someone had successfully used db2split to partition data to be loaded in an MDC. This raises the question of whether I had accurate information on availability of continued support for db2split. ...

Netgear MA521 wirelss 802.11b linux support
Hi, I purchased a Netgear MA521 wirelss 802.11b card with Realtek chipset.I tried to configured this card..on my FC2 using the ndiswrapper.I have gone through a number of Howto's on how to make this card work on linux..and after following the procedure,all I could do was to make the link up in the wireless card. when I do a "iwlist scan eth0" , all the wireless networks in my vicinity are displayed but when I try to link to one of these using the iwconfig,it wont get connected. Has anyone made this card work on linux?please help me out. Thanks, Dheeraj ksd wrote: > when...

Vertretung im Maple-Support gesucht
[The rest of this posting is in German, since it is of interest only for readers in the region of Aachen.] Scientific Computers GmbH (Maple-Distributor f�r Deutschland/�sterreich) sucht ab sofort eine Urlaubs/-Reisevertretung f�r unseren Maple-Support. Aufgabe: Betreuung unserer Maple-Kunden per E-Mail und Telefon Voraussetzung: Kenntnisse in Maple, Windows/Unix, Mathematik, Englisch Wir bieten flexible Zeiteinteilung, attraktive Entlohnung und Gelegenheit zur gr�ndlichen Einarbeitung. Bei Interesse rufen Sie bitte 0241/40008-50 an oder senden Sie eine Mail an maple.support...

Valve's support truly sucks.
Valve's support truly sucks. I get nothing but automated replys, I reported my problems the 8th and nothing but automatic garbage. But what really gets my goat is that thay expire the incidents after just a couple of days. So I have to go to their web page and do a BUMP on my "Incident" every day to keep it from expiring. Last time it took only two days for it to expire. Another thing. My first complaint sent in the 8th vas marked resolved... By whoom I would like to know, and would they please tell ME what the solution to my problems are... (Well not all my problems, my Stea...

How to see the client type?
Hi All I have db2 client installed in my machine.I wanted to see which client it is-Runtime or administration or application development client. Please tell me how to ensure this. I tried using db2level but it showed me this information. C:\>db2level DB21085I Instance "DB2" uses "32" bits and DB2 code release "SQL08012" with level identifier "02030106". Informational tokens are "DB2 v8.1.2.169", "s030508", "WR21318", and FixPak "2". Product is installed at "D:\PROGRA~1\IBM\SQLLIB". Prav...

LaTeX Unicode support
I am not interested in typing accented characters or typing in other languages and alphabets. I want to use more esoteric Unicode characters. Specifically, the Rightwards Arrow, $B"*(B U+2192. How can I do this? nescalona <nescalona@firehousemail.com> writes: > I am not interested in typing accented characters or typing in other > languages and alphabets. I want to use more esoteric Unicode > characters. Specifically, the Rightwards Arrow, → U+2192. How can I do > this? While I usually use the CJK package and don't know the current status of the ucs pacakge, her...

Tick box &quot;include Serial Port Support&quot; missing in 8.1
In version 7.1, I recall a tick box when building an application that read "include Serial Port Support". Why is this missing in 8.x? I like the idea of making a very small installer having only serial port support. Thanks Richard &nbsp; ...

Porting linux to vxworks & vxworks to linux Porting
Hi , Does anyone here have information to help/speed up porting from Linux to VxWorks and vice versa. Surely, some should have come across the situation and i would like to get your tips/links/ideas regarding this. Thanks & Regards, karthik bala guru On 18 Feb 2005, bluekarthik@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi , Does anyone here have information to help/speed up porting from > Linux to VxWorks and vice versa. > Surely, some should have come across the situation and i would > like to get your tips/links/ideas regarding this. Posting once is probably enough... There is a v2linux packa...

[News] [Rival] ODFDOM 0.7.5 is Released, More ODF ISV Support Spotted

REQ: Cisco VxWorks Image AP1200v1203T
w�re jemand so net mir das vxworks image hochzuladen. auf der cisco-website ist es leider nicht mehr herunterladbar. die neueren versionen helfen mir leider nicht weiter, abw�rts bis 11.57 w�re ok. TIA ...

Elliptic Curve public key support in PGP 8.1?

Network-Assistant.com New Technical Support Forum, News, FAQ site
Network-Assistant.com New Technical Support Forum, News, FAQ site New Technical Support Forum, News, FAQ site. This new site is looking for people to join and post questions answers and news. Using XOOPS Forums this Web site looks great, it just needs the members to come along and support it. Currently the person who runs the Website is looking for work, come along and see the C.V. see if you can pass any work this way. Network-Assistant.com - Based in the UK but willing to work anywhere in the world. Website Promotions and Cheap Hosting offered!!! Do you have a domain...

[News] Chrome Extensions Just Days Away, Chrome OS Adds 64-bit and VM Support

Powerbook's cursor keeps moving when I'm typing?
I'm typing away and all of a sudden my words are appearing in the middle of a paragraph rather than at the end, where I had been typing. I presume my palm had contacted the trackpad and moved the cursor while I was typing. But I've got "Ignore accidental trackpad input" checked in the System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse settings. This shouldn't happen. Is there a better way to make sure this doesn't happen? PowerBook G3/400; OS X 10.2.8 Thanks, -- DaveC me@privacy.net This is an invalid return address Please reply in the news group --------------...

US-TX-Odessa: FIELD SUPPORT, Windows 2000/XP, Norton Ghost, SMS; 2-3 M (45351857600)
US-TX-Odessa: FIELD SUPPORT, Windows 2000/XP, Norton Ghost, SMS; 2-3 M (45351857600) ===================================================================================== Position: FIELD SUPPORT Reference: ZYD00058 Location: Odessa TX Duration: 2-3M Skills: Detail-oriented - will follow a written procedure at all times. Windows 2000 or Windows XP migration experience. Windows XP desktop support experience. Ability to troubleshoot hardware and network issues. Experience with Norton Ghost a...

What's up with Microsofts poor support for their own hardware?
So, I once bought a Microsoft Sidewinder Strategic Commander [1] and was given a Microsoft force feedback Sidewinder steering wheel [2]. Microsoft has chosen to EOL their Sidewinder product line, which I have no problem with, but they have also cut off pretty much all support for their products. So. www.microsoft.com -> Downloads -> Search "strategic commander" -> One hit: "Strategic Commander Profile Pack 2". I want the damn drivers! Ok, on the result page. Search for *nothing* in the Product/Technology "SideWinder". 3 results: - SideWinder ...

aix 5.1 pam support
Hi, I tried to setup our aix 5.1 to use pam. After I made the setup according to IBM's website, nothing happened. 1. Are passwd, login programs on aix 5.1 pam enbaled? ie. can I configure the pam.conf so that passwd will use pam_aix(downloaded from IBM website)? If yes, how? 2. Any difference on aix 5.2? Thanks and Best Regards, David Hey David- 1. In AIX 5.1 none of the system tools are PAM enabled, so login, passwd, su, and others will not even look at your pam.conf file. PAM in AIX 5.1 is provided to support PAM aware applications only (such as ssh, proftpd and others) 2. In AIX...

How to define an array of a variant record type?
Hi, I would like to define an array, which its element type is a variant record and the Value_Type is only known at runtime. type Name_Value_Type is (String_Type, Integer_Type, Float_Type); type Name_Value(Value_Type : Name_Value_Type) is record The_Name : Unbounded_String; case Value_Type is when String_Type => String_Value : Unbounded_String; when Integer_Type => Integer_Value : Integer; when Float_Type => The_Value...

is pthread supported in linux?
HI all, is pthread supported in linux? pc_newbie wrote: > > HI all, > > is pthread supported in linux? Yes, since kernel bersion 2.0. There are however a few very minor differences between the Linux implementation and the official POSIX thread spec. Erik -- +-----------------------------------------------------------+ Erik de Castro Lopo nospam@mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid) +-----------------------------------------------------------+ Windows NT : An evolutionary dead end. Erik de Castro Lopo wrote: > pc_newbie wrote: > >>HI al...

Way to determine which platform vxWorks is running on?
I have a satellite modem (Direcway DW7000) that is running vxWorks and I would really like to put some of my own software on it, but there is absolutely no useful documentation on this device (that I can find) so I have know way of knowing which target to compile for. Does vxWorks have some sort of function that I could use to determine which platform it was built for? Thanks for any help! --nick If you are using workbench, you can get the target information from target server if it is vxWorks 6.0 up. WINDRIVER workbench with Generic Target OS support may fullfill your requirement. On 5=D4...

new tech support forum for communication techs
Post all your questions regarding PBX and Key telephone systems and voicmail. sponsored by www.telgeek.com link below: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/telgeek ...

Type-cast uint8
Hi all. I'm checking out some image processing routines, as found in Gonzalez & Woods : Digital Image Processing, 3rd ed., (2008). I downloaded the images from the book's web site http://www.imageprocessingplace.com/ in particular the archive DIP3E_CH10_Original_Images.zip which contains the file Fig1039(a)(polymersomes).tif So I try to reproduce the results in figure 10.39 in the Gonzalez & Woods (G&W) book and got into trouble. One main intermediate step is to find the histogram for the image: %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% d = imread('Fig1039(a)(polymersomes).t...

SVD (Semi-Virtual Diskette) support for Apple ][s now documented
Hi folx, Not sure if this has been covered, but the Semi-Virtual Diskette (SVD) project now has documented support for Apple ][s with an available dongle. Check it out at <http://www.rothfus.com/SVD/>. Have just ordered one as a (late) birthday present for myself :) What I like about it is that it works with TRS-80s and Apple ][s - although I don't have any TRS-80s yet, I have a source for them and will be extending my classic computer collection beyond Apples shortly. Regards Sean ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Sean McNamara ...