Doesn't vxWorks support bool type?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I defined a global variable in bool type but the compiler gave me a
parse error on it. There seems no "true/false" either, but has to be
"TRUE/FALSE". The word "bool" shows as a key word in blue color. Does
vxWorks support the bool type? Thanks!

0
Reply wuxianming (11) 2/22/2006 1:17:50 AM

See related articles to this posting

only in C++ language files.  The 'C' language doesn't know the words
'bool' 'true' or 'false'.

david wrote:

> I defined a global variable in bool type but the compiler gave me a
> parse error on it. There seems no "true/false" either, but has to be
> "TRUE/FALSE". The word "bool" shows as a key word in blue color. Does
> vxWorks support the bool type? Thanks!

0
Reply camille (192) 2/22/2006 2:55:27 AM

David Lindauer wrote:
> only in C++ language files.  The 'C' language doesn't know the words
> 'bool' 'true' or 'false'.
>
> david wrote:
>
> > I defined a global variable in bool type but the compiler gave me a
> > parse error on it. There seems no "true/false" either, but has to be
> > "TRUE/FALSE". The word "bool" shows as a key word in blue color. Does
> > vxWorks support the bool type? Thanks!

More accurately, the 1990 C standard doesn't "know" these words.  In
the 1999 standard, they defined as macros in <stdbool.h>

REH

0
Reply spamjunk (312) 2/22/2006 2:25:21 PM
comp.os.vxworks 5904 articles. 6 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Doesn't vxWorks support bool type?
I defined a global variable in bool type but the compiler gave me a parse error on it. There seems no "true/false" either, but has to be "TRUE/FALSE". The word "bool" shows as a key word in blue color. Does vxWorks support the bool type? Thanks! only in C++ language files. The 'C' language doesn't know the words 'bool' 'true' or 'false'. david wrote: > I defined a global variable in bool type but the compiler gave me a > parse error on it. There seems no "true/false" either, but has to be > "TRUE/FAL...

getting around lack of bool type support
I am using mikroC to program some microcontroller code in C. However I have come across of potential problem of bool type not being supported from the compiler complaint on how I declared type bool variable. From a forum thread that I've pulled out from mikroBasic, I realized that bool type isn't fully supported. When programming in mikroC, I have been getting an error message of "invalid expression" when I declared a bool type variable, "specifier needed" when I declared the bool type variable within a function parameter and also when I declared the bool type varia...

enum promote to bool type rather than Integer type?
vc2008 TIXML_SUCCESS==retcode warning c4805 "==" :no safe with bool and integer TIXML_SUCCESS is a enum type in tinyxml lib but retcode==TIXML_SUCCESS no warning! why? On Aug 2, 10:58=A0pm, FE <blood_...@sina.com.cn> wrote: > TIXML_SUCCESS=3D=3Dretcode > warning c4805 "=3D=3D" :no safe with bool and integer > but > retcode=3D=3DTIXML_SUCCESS > no warning! > > why? I don't know why reversing the order of the operands doesn't produce the same warning, but I would avoid both uses. Because of the integral promotion of the boolean valu...

powerpc-wrs-vxworks cross compiler with altivec support (VxWorks 5.5)
Hi All, I try to build a vxworks cross compiler for powerpc 750. I could build binutils-2.14 with ../configure --target=powerpc-wrs-vxworks --prefix=/usr/local/vxworks make make install PATH=${PATH}:/usr/local/vxworks/bin It worked just fine. Then I try to build gcc-3.3: ../configure --target=powerpc-wrs-vxworks --prefix=/usr/local/vxworks --with-cpu=604 --enable-altivec make all install I have an erro in rs6000/vxCpu.h: #error CPU is not defined How can I solve this problem? Or which is latest gcc with altivec support for powerpc-wrs-vxworks? Regards, Zoltan ...

Does Linux OS on i386 supports any jffs2 filesystem type, how difficult to change it to jffs2 type?
Does Linux OS on i386 supports any jffs2 filesystem type, how difficult to change it to jffs2 type?. Thanks. ...

What is the purpose of type() and the types module and what is a type?
The type() builtin according to python docs, returns a "type object". http://docs.python.org/2/library/types.html And in this module is bunch of what I assume are "type objects". Is this correct? http://docs.python.org/2/library/functions.html#type And type(), aside from being used in as an alternative to a class statement to create a new type, really just returns the object class, doesn't it? >>> import types >>> a = type(1) >>> b = (1).__class__ >>> c = int >>> d = types.IntType >>> a is b is c is...

UX:cpio: ERROR: Old format cannot support expanded types on {filename}: Value too large for defined data type
This is my first OSR6 installation on a VxFS file system, using "find . -print | cpio -o >mycpio.file" I get the following message many many files UX:cpio: ERROR: Old format cannot support expanded types on {filename}: Value too large for defined data type I see there are differences with VxFS. Does that mean cpio isn't going to be available to any system running VxFS filesystems? I am trying to do a emergency backup like I used to do with the OSR5 systems. (yes I know there is "professional" software out there that will do this for me but the old way always...

Build VxWorks image support IPv6 using VxWorks 6.2 & WindRiver Workbench 2.4
Dear all, I have a trouble when building a VxWorks image support IPv6 using VxWorks 6.2 & Workbench 2.4 On New VxWorks Images Project Option Dialog, I checked "Use IPv6 enabled kernel libraries" option and built this image. Workbench reported the error message below: dld -tPPC603FH:vxworks62 -X -N -Xgenerate-paddr -e _sysInit -D_VX_START_TEXT=0x00010000 \ dataSegPad.o romfs_image_prj.o partialImage.o ctdt.o \ -D_VX_DATA_ALIGN=1 d:/WindRiver/vxworks-6.2/target/h/tool/diab/ldscripts/link.RAM -o vxWorks dld: warning: Undefined symbol 'netDevCreate' in file 'partial...

[Announce] DataDirect XQuery 3.1 Supports MySQL; adds Extended File-Type Support & Output Enhancements.
[Announce] Dear comp.text.xml, DataDirect Technologies has released an updated version of DataDirect XQuery, an easily embeddable, Java-based implementation of the XQuery 1.0 and the XQuery API for Java standards. Here are some of the highlights of the new release: * Expanded database support for both the Enterprise and Community edition of MySQL server ( http://www.xquery.com/mysql/ ) and full update support for relational data including Oracle 11g, Informix and PostgreSQL. * Support for DataDirect XML Converters ( http://www.xmlconverters.com ) providing seamless integration for all data ...

VxWorks BSP Support
Hi, Has anyone ported the VxWorks 6.x BSP to AMD Turion 64*2 Dual core processor. In AMD Site, they did not tell about VxWorks Support. -Thanks N.Bala ...

Pthread Support in VxWorks!
Hi, I am currently working on Tornado 2.2 . The BSP which I am using is not built with PThreads support. Can I just link to the Pthreads library and load it on VxWorks? When I gave a search for pthreads library, I got many "pthread.a" files, but all of them were just of 1KB in size. I was also able to find the pthread.h file. What is the name of the Pthreads library present in VxWorks? Can somebody please tell me in which path of Tornado I can find the pthreads library? Also, can I link it with my application and load it directly? Will it work? I am newbie to VxWorks. Please H...

types? casting and bools
Hi! Recently I ran into the problem: Why ruby handle booleans so liberally? I mean why can I pass anything to an if, and for constructs requiring bool? I guess many programmers do it the wrong way saying "if 0" and expecting to be true... And on the other hand I must use to_i and others to convert from one type to another. Gergo -- +-[ Kontra, Gergely<kgergely@mcl.hu> PhD student Room IB113 ]---------+ | http://www.mcl.hu/~kgergely "Olyan langesz vagyok, hogy | | Mobil:(+36 20) 356 9656 ICQ: 175564914 poroltoval kellene jarnom" | +-- Magyar php mirr...

encrypted types not supported
Hi, I have a little java app that can authenticate against my KDC on a linux box. When i point the app at my domain controller (W2K) i get a KRB5KDC_ERR_ETYPE_NOSUPP returned, or as it says in java 'javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: KDC has no support for encryption type (14)'. I set my account to use des in the account tab but still get this problem. The enc types sent by the client are des-cbc-md5, des-cbc-crc and des-cbc-sha1. Anyone any ideas what I can try next? Thanks. For Java application to authenticate against Windows KDC, you will need configure the Windows 20...

VLAN support in vxworks
hi, How VLAN tagged support implemented in vxworks.? Is there any mechanism to configure VLAN ID .? ...

MOTIF support for VxWorks
Hi All, I am new to this GUI development. Could any one please help me on where to search for the MOTIF support on VxWorks. As I understand MOTIF is set of library being provided to create our own GUI. If any one has been working on MOTIF porting for VxWorks, please do provide me with the information, so that I can also go ahead and port MOTIF on VxWorks. thanks and regards, Vinay Vinay wrote: > Hi All, > I am new to this GUI development. Could any one please help me on where > to search for the MOTIF support on VxWorks. As I understand MOTIF is > set of library being provided t...

Does VxWorks supports XML?
Hi All, Please let me know which version of VxWorks supports XML? Thanks in advance, Ajay I don't know the answer, but it may help others if you defined "supports". Chris "Ajay" <ajay.moto@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1152683164.913468.300080@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > Please let me know which version of VxWorks supports XML? > > Thanks in advance, > Ajay > I think they have a new version coming out "VxWorks XML Edition". Same as ther regular vxworks, with an open source XML parser thrown in for an...

vxWorks SMP support
i am looking for information concerning vxWorks support of SMP Symmetric Multiprocessing any information regarding this point (for other OS) will be usefull inaogaok@gmail.com wrote: > i am looking for information concerning vxWorks support of SMP > Symmetric Multiprocessing > > any information regarding this point (for other OS) will be usefull > I recommend talking to Wind River sales. Current vxWorks offerings do not support SMP so you will be asking about future product availability which few people here either know about or can comment about if they do know. ...

file types/data types/mime types
I am puzzled about something with osX. Why does it use the file extension for determining file type instead of looking into the file for the type? My Amiga used datatypes 15 years ago to determine what kind of file it was. If it was jpeg but named .gif, no problem. The jpeg program loaded it. For instance, I had a file on my desktop, an html file of instructions. It had no file extension so appeared on the desktop as a blank white rectangle. Re-named it 'html' so firefox showed up on the icon. I just renamed it 'jpg' and GraphicConverter tried to open it. It reported &q...

VxWorks BSP Support #3
Hi, Has anyone ported the VxWorks 6.x BSP to AMD Turion 64*2 Dual core processor. In AMD Site, they did not tell about VxWorks Support. -Thanks N.Bala npbalajiirtt@gmail.com wrote: > Hi, > Has anyone ported the VxWorks 6.x BSP to AMD Turion 64*2 Dual core > processor. In AMD Site, they did not tell about VxWorks Support. > > -Thanks > N.Bala > Hmm...Well. BSPs typically target boards and you are taking about a processor...And not a system on a chip processor...so the question is off to a slightly bad start. a) If the question is does one of the standar...

Checking whether bool is a type
In my application I need to know whether bool is available as a type (in Python2.3) or not. I just realized I can use the following: jand> python Python 2.3c1 (#1, Jul 21 2003, 12:40:39) [GCC 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.1 2.96-98)] on linux2 Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information. >>> type(bool) is type True jand> python2.2 Python 2.2.2 (#1, Oct 16 2002, 19:59:11) [GCC 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.1 2.96-98)] on linux2 Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "licens...

GPG and file types supported
I have been looking around and can not find any documentation that states what type of files are supported by GPG. I assume that only edit files or odd unstructed files (not Enscribe files) are supported. Is this correct? whatever wrote: > I have been looking around and can not find any documentation that > states what type of files are supported by GPG. > > I assume that only edit files or odd unstructed files (not Enscribe > files) are supported. > > Is this correct? If GPG means GnuPG, which is an OSS program, you (resp. GPG) can only read Guardian edit files. It c...

Does VxWorks support TCP sockets?
I need to know if VxWorks supports the select(2) command (a la POSIX), and if it's network stack supports TCP via the socket(2) command (also a la POSIX). I'm looking for an RTOS to port an existing system to that presently runs on Gentoo LINUX but that relies on TCP and the select(2) command. Speed is critical and maximum portability is crucial. I looked into RTLinux but they don't support select(2) nor tcp. Those missing elements alone are enough to stop going in the RTLinux direction. I'm hoping VxWorks implements socket(2) and select(2). Many thanks! -z Yes and yes...

Metafunction support for Swappable types?
With the proposed addition of the 'Swappable' concept to the Standard ( http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2003/n1523.htm ), is there a plan to add related type traits to support these? Specifically, I'm thinking of has_trivial_swap<T> and has_nothrow_swap<T>. Speaking of which, would there be a case for adding a 'memswap'/'memswp' to the CRT? memcpy can be used when copying buffers of trivially-copyable objects, so it sounds like an equivalent for swapping might be in order. I know some distributions already support this as an extens...

Detecting support for event types
When using createEvent, an eventType parameter must be provided as an argument. This can be one of those specified in DOM 2 or 3 Events, or it might be a proprietary eventType[1]. My problem is testing for support of particular eventTypes - the DOM 2 Events Interface DocumentEvent says that if the eventType is not supported, it throws a DOM exception[2]. This makes testing rather tough - if you try something like: if (document && document.createEvent && document.createEvent(eventType)) {...} or a typeof test and the eventType (say 'MouseEvents') isn't support...

#define ALLOCIT(Type) ((Type*) malloc (sizeof (Type)))
Consider the following macro: #define ALLOCIT(Type) ((Type*) malloc (sizeof (Type))) The intent is to wrap raw memory allocation of N bytes into a macro which returns allocated chunk of memory to be used as a Type structure. The background: I was beaten many times (it surely is not my exclusive experience) by functions which return and accept void*. There are such functions, and there are cases when you can't do much about it (third-party libraries, containers, etc.). I make a conclusion: void* is evil and must be avoided when possible and easy. Therefore I believe it's better to use...