Getting time from NT time server.

Hi all.

I'm running on VxWorks Embedded system.
I want to get the current time from an NT Time Server.
I have in the NET this NT and the time server is up and running.

I'm using:
+ ansi-C code
+ TCP/IP (UDP)

My problem is not my system. Specifically, I do not know how to connect
to the NT server. Which port? Which protocol?

I'm looking for the C/C++ code that do this remotely.
That is, a code the generate a request. Sends it. Receives the answer,
and parse it.

Thanks,
--Shay

0
shy0171 (3)
3/13/2005 11:50:10 AM
comp.os.vxworks 5962 articles. 4 followers. motamedi24 (67) is leader. Post Follow

Look up the NTP and SNTP protocols.  I believe the protocols use UDP port
123.

....Chris

<shy017@walla.co.il> wrote in message
> Hi all.
>
> I'm running on VxWorks Embedded system.
> I want to get the current time from an NT Time Server.
> I have in the NET this NT and the time server is up and running.
>
> I'm using:
> + ansi-C code
> + TCP/IP (UDP)
>
> My problem is not my system. Specifically, I do not know how to connect
> to the NT server. Which port? Which protocol?
>
> I'm looking for the C/C++ code that do this remotely.
> That is, a code the generate a request. Sends it. Receives the answer,
> and parse it.
>
> Thanks,
> --Shay

0