open SSL and open SSH

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi All,

I need some info about open SSL and open SSH on vxworks 6.2 or 5.x. I
searched the group for the same topic, all the postings were too old,
so posting my query again.

Any open source available for SSL and SSH for vxworks 6.2?  If it is
not available, any one is there who has ported and able to show HTTPS
or any apps on SSH?

Highly appreciate your response.

--MB

0
Reply madhu.b77 (25) 6/25/2007 1:47:21 PM

See related articles to this posting

On 25 Jun, 14:47, MB <madhu....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I need some info about open SSL and open SSH on vxworks 6.2 or 5.x. I
> searched the group for the same topic, all the postings were too old,
> so posting my query again.
>
> Any open source available for SSL and SSH for vxworks 6.2?  If it is
> not available, any one is there who has ported and able to show HTTPS
> or any apps on SSH?
>
> Highly appreciate your response.
>
> --MB

Hi,

I ported openssl v0.9.8a and openssh v4.2 to VxWorks 5.4 a couple of
years ago. It was basically a 6 week job to get SSH running under
vxWorks. Lots of fun hacking about with god-awful gnu code.

WindRiver also have also aquired the interpeak SSL/SSH solution which
plugs in nicely into VxWorks.

HTH

Ed

Ed Liversidge
Director
Harmonic Software Systems Ltd
www.harmonicss.co.uk

0
Reply ed4663 (13) 6/26/2007 8:38:00 AM
comp.os.vxworks 5904 articles. 6 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

SSH 3.2.0: Too many open connections --- how to check what's open?
Hi! I am managing a compute server under Tru64 Unix V5.1B-3. Access is allowed via ssh only. Access is managed by the sshd2 supplied with the OS, i.e. "SSH Secure Shell Tru64 UNIX 3.2.0". The maximum number of connections is set to 50. Recently, connections have been refused on several occasions with the error message "Received disconnect from 128.39.236.85: 12: Too many connections.", while the auth.log file on my machine shows " Too many open connections (max 50, now open 50)". But netstat showed at that time only seven open connections. Five of those co...

sftp2 (from ssh.com) for open ssh
Hi Guys i have the following problem. i have a application which neccessary needs sftp2 command to connect to an other server (silly but it is) i tryed a link but -B is for sftp2 batchfile and for sftp (openssh) buffer. i allso tryed it with a shellscript to make -b to -b but there i run in an other trap. so now my questin. is there a sftp2 full compatible binary for open ssh. or has annybody an other resolve. Thanks a lot frank ...

opener.opener ?
Hi, I have window A, which open popup A which Open popup C. In the two popups I use a common JavaScript file and in order to distinguish between them I use the following code: if (typeof(opener.opener)=="object") { alert("1"); } else if (typeof(opener)=="object") { alert("2"); } The problem is that I get "1" for both popups. I.e. "opener.opener" exists also for popup A. Any ideas ? Thanks, Yaron Yaron C. wrote: > I have window A, which open popup A which Open popup C. > > In the two popups I use a common...

Open/not open ?
HI, I got something weird the database said it is open and not open in the same time ... any lights ? Thanks in advance Oracle 9.2.0.6/AIX U13:oracle:/prd/app/system/exploit/shell#sqlplus /nolog SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.6.0 - Production on Fri Nov 30 09:45:09 2007 Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved. SQL> connect / as sysdba Connected. SQL> SQL> select status from v$instance; STATUS ------------ OPEN SQL> alter database close; Database altered. SQL> select status from v$instance; STATUS ------------ MOUNTED SQL> alter tablespace tem...

Error while opening SSH
I am new to ruby. I was planning to automate some deployment processes and ruby scripts seem to provide an excellent medium to achieve the same. I am trying to start an SSH session and I get following error shown below. I tried the solution provided at http://www.mail-archive.com/capistrano@googlegroups.com/msg01108.html. I added the NI_NUMERICSERV flag while getting the IP address in session.rb file as suggested in the post. But am still gettting the error. Am I missing anything here? Thanks Mahesh C:/development_tools/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/net-ssh-1.1.0/lib/net/ssh/host- key-verifie...

open-ssh on AIX
Hi I am trying to create connection through open-ssh between a client and server. I am trying to run the server in a user account: sshd -h test -p 2000 -f config -d under this user(test1) I create .ssh directory. The .ssh directory contains: authorized_keys - file contain the authorize client and its public key. config - configuration file test,test.pub - public & private key. In the client side I run: ssh -p 2000 test1@oz ls In the client side under the home user account I have .ssh directory: config - configuration file known_hosts - The host that permitted and publ...

Why does my ssh open Vim?
I execute "ssh -t localhost" and get the following output below. Notice the last line is a warning from Vim. The shell hangs and I have to enter ":q" to exit Vim. I don't see any direct calls to Vim from any system or local config files for profile, bash or ssh. In fact, I'm using the default install from Ubuntu. Does anyone know who might be calling Vim? How can I track it down? "Linux ubuntu-scooby 2.6.31-22-generic #67-Ubuntu SMP Sat Oct 16 19:10:07 UTC 2010 i686 To access official Ubuntu documentation, please visit: http://help.ubuntu.com/ Last login: Fr...

(Open)SSL for VMS
Hello, as far as I know, there is a official SSH package now from HP for OpenVMS. Does this mean, there is also an official SSL module? Or is it still OpenSSL to be used? If the latter is true, where can I find the newest version? sorry, if this question has been asked before best regards Jakob Jakob Erber wrote: > Hello, > > as far as I know, there is a official SSH package now from HP for OpenVMS. > Does this mean, there is also an official SSL module? Or is it still OpenSSL > to be used? If the latter is true, where can I find the newest version? > > sorry, if ...

Does this mean SSH is open?
Hi, My admin ran this command on our Mac OS X server. Does the result mean SSH is open? G5Server:~ serveradmin$ netstat -a|grep ssh tcp4 0 192.168.0.60.ssh 192.168.0.152.49374 ESTABLISHED tcp4 0 *.ssh *.* LISTEN I ask because I'm connected to the network through a VPN but for some reason cannot connect on SSH to the local IP. Thanks for any analysis, - Dave laredotornado@zipmail.com wrote: > Hi, My admin ran this command on our Mac OS X server. Does the ...

How to check if SSH is open?
Hi, I am not able to SSH into my admin's Mac OS X server. How would they check if their server's SSH port is open? If it is open, what are other methods of troubleshooting the problem? Thanks, - Dave On 2006-12-06, laredotornado@zipmail.com <laredotornado@zipmail.com> wrote: > I am not able to SSH into my admin's Mac OS X server. How would they > check if their server's SSH port is open? Several ways - one would be to type "netstat -a|grep ssh" on the server and you should see something like: isis$ netstat -a|grep ssh tcp4 0 0 *.ssh ...

Open SSH for MPE
We would like to install SSH on our hp3000 box. Does anyone have any good links to doing this. Regards =20 Reginald Monroe Systems Engineering Mercury Insurance - Information Technology (714) 671-6753 rmonroe@mercuryinsurance.com =20 This email and/or any files or attachments transmitted with it are = confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity = to whom they are addressed, and may contain information that is = privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable = law. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent ...

broken SSH ld.so.1: ssh: fatal: libgss.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
After a recent patch cluster SSH has broke. It looks like a missing or corrupt library, but I am unsure how to fix it. Has anyone seen this before? Here is the output I get when attempting to SSH to another machine- ld.so.1: ssh: fatal: libgss.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory Killed If I try to SSH to this machine I receive- " Secure connection refused" dnaflr2@yahoo.com writes: >After a recent patch cluster SSH has broke. It looks like a missing or >corrupt library, but I am unsure how to fix it. Has anyone seen this >before? Here is the output I get when a...

SSH, Open Server, and Sprint
Wondering if someone can share some insight: * SCO OS 6, in my office * OpenSSH sshd 4.2 * UseDNS turned off in sshd_config * In-office firewall and router, configured to allow SSH through to SCO box * Sprint cell-modem provides Internet access * Windows XP (Tablet) attempting a connection via SSH, using either Anzio or PuTTY, fails. No complaints on console. I establish a socket connection, but then no SSH traffic. If I disconnect the cell-modem, and connect to a Wi-Fi hotspot in a coffee shop (not on my LAN), I connect fine. Any ideas? Regards, .....Bob Rasmussen, President, Rasm...

Php Open Ssh library
Does you now evereone about programing ssh for configure ethernet swith DES-3526 .If you now somewone who can help me give me hi`s malL. t would be great if you could help me out My problem is: a connected to switch using ssh2_auth_password($connection, 'username', 'secret')) sucsessfully but a can`t open shell ssh2_shell($connection, 'vt100' ); and a cant execute comands using ssh2_exec($connection, 'comand'); What can i do to write data to the switch& Thanks, Konstantyn >Does you now evereone about programing ssh for configure ethernet swith...

How to Open SSH/Telnet with PHP?
Web host does not have SSH/Telnet, but I read somethink like you can open a SSHd or Telnetd with PHP or Perl. I am not sure if there will be an interface via PHP/Perl so that it will sends commands via PHP/Perl and display feedbacks, or it is just opens another process, but how, since there is no root access. "SSDD" <Boston@MA.US> wrote in message news:Tkkcc.41819$He5.799819@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > Web host does not have SSH/Telnet, but I read somethink like you can open a > SSHd or Telnetd with PHP or Perl. I am not sure if there will be an > interf...

(open)ssh hanging, sometimes
Hello, I am running AIX 4.3 maint 11 and using openssh [freeware.openssh.rte 3.7.1.0 COMMITTED OpenSSH 3.7p1] as built by Bull. Within script PROC script A is launched as step 7 of 10 on machine A. Script A launches via ssh script B on machine B. Step 8 of script PROC waits on script A to return, but unfortunately does not always return. When operator sees that A hangs, he starts an ssh connection from machine A to machine B, executes "date" and logs out. At the moment of ssh connections establishment script A continues, returns and script PROC continues with next step. Anyone ha...

Keeping SSH connections open
I am ssh'ing into a Linux box A from another Linux box B. B is a box that has to be suspended to disk every so often, most of the time while an ssh session to A is in place. What I would like to be able to do is to resume such session after B is brought back up from its suspended state. More specifically: Just before suspending B, in my desktop I have an xterm running an ssh session to A. What I would like is for that xterm to be there, waiting to accept further commands, when B is running again. Currently, when B resumes the xterm is there, but the ssh connection is not any more. I ...

open source SSH for windows
Hi, I am currently evaluating open source packages for windows. I prefer packages that comes free, therefore commerical SSH really not a good idea. I have tried cygwin, but find it hard to configure at the server end. Any other suggestions? max "Max" <joan_toh@hotmail.com> writes: > I am currently evaluating open source packages for windows. I prefer > packages that comes free, therefore commerical SSH really not a good > idea. > > I have tried cygwin, but find it hard to configure at the server > end. Any other suggestions? If all you want is an SSH ...

Fetchmail: open SSL not found
Hi, I am compiling Fetchmail 6.3.8 under Ubuntu Dapper Drake and I have the following error message: configure: error: SSL support enabled, but OpenSSL not found This after running: ../configure --with-ssl I am a little puzzled because I actually _do_ have openssl installed: andrew@ilium:~$ openssl version OpenSSL 0.9.8a 11 Oct 2005 Any thoughts on this one? Andrew -- Andrew's Corner http://people.aapt.net.au/~adjlstrong/homer.html On 2007-06-19, andrew <nospam@andrew.invalid> wrote: > configure: error: SSL support enabled, but OpenSSL not found > >...

ssh frontend (open source)
Hi, my problem: i have some server with a ssh-connection. the default way is, to click on a bat-file to connect with a server. But this is not great, i'm looking for a frontend, who can the user choose the server, and type the username/password, and the bat-script run with the information (user/password) from the selected server (example: usa: usa.bat). (perfect: option for automatic login after start/save username and password) Have any idea, for a solution for windows (open source are the best). and im happy if any hase any idea for linux/mac-solution. putty/bat-script are existen...

Closing open SSH sessions
Sometimes when I ssh into my computer the ssh connection will be disconnected. I'll then see in my logs that a user (me) has been logged in indefinitely until I reboot the box (which is usually once every few months). Is there any way to tell sshd to log out all users after they've been idle for 60 minutes, or log them out after they've been on for a day? Thanks in advance, -Dan Dan Anderson wrote: > Sometimes when I ssh into my computer the ssh connection will > be disconnected. I'll then see in my logs that a user (me) has been > logg...

cygwin open-ssh passphrase
Hello. I am trying to use OpenSSH_4.7p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8g which came with Cygwin on Windows Vista. I followed the instructions on sourceforge, and I can indeed do a "cvs log fred.c" and get what I want. However, there are two problems: 1. It always asks for a passphrase, even though I didn't enter a passphrase. Hitting enter makes it go away and let me have my data, but I want this process automated. 2. I can't have an administrator command prompt when I do this. My CVS_RSH is set to ssh I tried a variety of things after searching on the internet. As per sourceforge ins...

Configuring Open Client with SSL
We are currently working on getting SSL set up on our ASE server. From a client connectivity respect, what needs to be done for Open Client? I have search far enough to know that the sql.ini entry replaces the port with the text "ssl". Is there a way to specify what port to connect on and still us SSL? There seems to be very little documentation out there other than the base manual which is not very thorough. Hello, I have a PDF document that a Sybase engineer created that includes detailed SSL Configuration instructions. If you reply with your email, I can forward...

Open Client/SSL question
We noticed a file in the bin directory called setsslreg.exe. What does this do exactly? It is not mentioned in the documentation at all. Using Regmon it seems to read a bunch of keys (I wish I had used regmon the first time I ran it, I will do it on a clean load today). My guess is that it sets some reg keys when first run... Here is the output from regmon. It does appear to add some stuff to the registry. Does it do anything else (extract a file, etc...)? 4502 26.14554405 setsslreg.exe:184 OpenKey HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options...