PCI Auto config ??

When I do call pciAutoCfg I can only get thru the first pass down
inside.  It seems that when we call ibmPciConfigRead and it uses
address 0xDEC80000 (bus 0) that pass works.  Its on the second pass
using address 0xDEC00004 it just locks up and never returns from the
call?  Need some help on whats wrong with the auto config ?/

Thanks
Gary

0
glblock (22)
3/7/2005 8:19:08 PM
comp.os.vxworks 5933 articles. 0 followers. motamedi24 (67) is leader. Post Follow

>From  the register addresses you've given, I can deduce that you're
probably using a 440gp or similar.
There is almost certainly nothing wrong the PCI auto configuration
code, it is quite mature and well proven.
The problem is very likely in your BSP and/or your target hardware.
Please provide a little more detail.
What is the specific processor you have?
Is your board a custom design?
How do you know what the code is doing when it hangs - i.e., are you
using a JTAG assisted debugger?

0
gvarndell (209)
3/7/2005 10:49:54 PM
There's almost certainly nothing wrong with PCI auto config code - it's
pretty stable.
I could guess that you're using a 440gp or similar, but I don't like
guessing.
What is your CPU, board, etc?
Where did you get your BSP?

0
gvarndell (209)
3/8/2005 6:45:54 AM
gvarndell wrote:
> There's almost certainly nothing wrong with PCI auto config code -
it's
> pretty stable.
> I could guess that you're using a 440gp or similar, but I don't like
> guessing.
> What is your CPU, board, etc?
> Where did you get your BSP?

PPC 440gx, the board is ours and I am using a template from WRS for
starters.  I have all the PHY / ETH ports working, memory is readable
and writable.  We have one DSP chip on the PCI bus.  We seem to be able
to read and write to the 0xDEC00000 address (PCIX0_CFG_PAIR_ADRS ) but
when we read the 0xDEC00004 address (PCIX0_CFG_PAIR_DATA ) it hangs.
According to the PPC440 user manual we must write to the PAIR_ADRS and
then read from the PAIR_DATA ..

> sniplet from the ppc440gx.h file..
/*
 * The following register pair is used to generate configuration cycles
 * on the PCI bus.  This region can be mapped with a single 4KB page in
the MMU.
 */
#define PCIX0_CFG_PAIR_ADRS         (PCIX0_BASE + 0x0EC00000)
#define PCIX0_CFG_PAIR_DATA         (PCIX0_BASE + 0x0EC00004)

Thanks
Gary

0
glblock (22)
3/8/2005 12:44:48 PM
No PCI transaction occurs when you write to the ADRS register.
When you read from (or write to) the DATA register, a transaction will
be attempted.
Make sure you don't try to access bus 0, device 0.
Try to get the BSP for the Ocotea board.
Failing that, get the BSP for the Ebony board.
In either case, roll up your sleeves, you've got a learning curve
ahead. ;)

0
gvarndell (209)
3/8/2005 2:05:58 PM
gvarndell wrote:
> No PCI transaction occurs when you write to the ADRS register.
> When you read from (or write to) the DATA register, a transaction
will
> be attempted.
> Make sure you don't try to access bus 0, device 0.
> Try to get the BSP for the Ocotea board.
> Failing that, get the BSP for the Ebony board.
> In either case, roll up your sleeves, you've got a learning curve
> ahead. ;)

Well at least I am not locking up any more but my latest error is as
follows

machine check
Exception next instruction address: 0x000232f8
Machine Status Register: 0x00001210
Condition Register: 0x20004084
Bus Error Address Register: 0x2_0ec00004
Bus Error origin code: 0x010c0000
    Bus Error Address is physical
    PLB master 1 [D-cache fill] timeout error on write
Machine Check Status Register: 0xa0000000
    MCSR bits:  MCS DRPLBE

149bb4 vxTaskEntry    +64 : shell ()
116eec shell          +184: 116f18 ()
117108 shell          +3a0: execute ()
117288 execute        +d4 : yyparse ()
1330b0 yyparse        +704: 131510 ()
13168c yystart        +8e8: pciAutoCfg (185c4c)
 186f0 pciAutoCfg     +48 : 18e9c (185c4c)
 18f68 pciAutoCfgCtl  +73c: 18fc0 (185c4c, fd09454)
 19080 pciAutoCfgCtl  +854: 19714 (185c4c, 0)
 197dc pciAutoBusNumberSet+6a8: pciConfigInLong (0, 1, 0, 0, fd093c4)
 1fc68 pciConfigInLong+e0 : ibmPciConfigRead (0, 1, 0, 0, 4, fd09364)
shell restarted.

0
glblock (22)
3/8/2005 5:24:42 PM
Believe it or not, you made progress here.
Read the Error Handling section of the PLB-PCIX bridge controller
chapter of the 440gx manual. Actually, you should read that entire
chapter -- twice.
Now you need to figure out how to configure the bridge to not bother
the processor with certain errors.

0
gvarndell (209)
3/8/2005 5:41:36 PM
gvarndell wrote:
> Believe it or not, you made progress here.
> Read the Error Handling section of the PLB-PCIX bridge controller
> chapter of the 440gx manual. Actually, you should read that entire
> chapter -- twice.
> Now you need to figure out how to configure the bridge to not bother
> the processor with certain errors.

Hmm, all errors are off.  It must be a tlb issue as I can view the PCI
memory from 0x0EC80000 to 0x0ECFFFE with no problem.  However when I go
to view the 4th byte after the bridge area, it gives the above error?..
I can
   d 0x0EC00000, 1 <--- WORKS
   d 0x0EC00001, 1 <--- WORKS
   d 0x0EC00002, 1 <--- WORKS
   d 0x0EC00003, 1 <--- WORKS

   BUT
   d 0xEC000004, 1 errors ?  this is suppose to be at least 8 bytes
long.

NOTE:  0xD0000000 tlb 0x2 0x00000000

-> d 0xDEC0000 , 4
0dec0000:  378f e59f 55c4 7dde                       *7...U.}.........*
value = 21 = 0x15

 d 0xDEC00004 , 1
dec00000:
machine check
Exception next instruction address: 0x000fb434
Machine Status Register: 0x00029210
Condition Register: 0x20004084
Bus Error Address Register: 0x2_0ec00004
Bus Error origin code: 0x010c0000
    Bus Error Address is physical
    PLB master 1 [D-cache fill] timeout error on write
Machine Check Status Register: 0xa0000000
    MCSR bits:  MCS DRPLBE

149bfc vxTaskEntry    +64 : shell ()
116f34 shell          +184: 116f60 ()
117150 shell          +3a0: execute ()
1172d0 execute        +d4 : yyparse ()
1330f8 yyparse        +704: 131558 ()
1316d4 yystart        +8e8: d ()
12297c d              +214: printf ()
shell restarted.

0
glblock (22)
3/9/2005 9:20:50 PM
Seem to of broken my sword on this one, but I have moved to just doing
a display memory at the vxWorks prompt.  I can display the first 4
bytes of the PCI  External Configuration Registers but not any after
that ?? They run from 0x0EC00000 to 0x0EC00007  NOTE: I have 0xD0000000
  TLB entry at   0x2  0x00000000

-> d 0xDEC00003,1
dec00000:       0000                                 *    ............*
value = 21 = 0x15

but this fails ??

-> d 0xDEC00004, 1
dec00000:
machine check
Exception next instruction address: 0x000fb434
Machine Status Register: 0x00029210
Condition Register: 0x20004084
Bus Error Address Register: 0x2_0ec00004
Bus Error origin code: 0x010c0000
    Bus Error Address is physical
    PLB master 1 [D-cache fill] timeout error on write
Machine Check Status Register: 0xa0000000
    MCSR bits:  MCS DRPLBE

149bfc vxTaskEntry    +64 : shell ()
116f34 shell          +184: 116f60 ()
117150 shell          +3a0: execute ()
1172d0 execute        +d4 : yyparse ()
1330f8 yyparse        +704: 131558 ()
1316d4 yystart        +8e8: d ()
12297c d              +214: printf ()
shell restarted.

0
glblock (22)
3/9/2005 10:20:14 PM
This is not meant to mean spirited, but you stand almost no chance of
figuring this stuff out by using vxWorks shell commands.
It's too deep for that.
You need low-level JTAG debug support for this kind of effort.
If you don't have one, get a Wind River ICE or Probe.
BTW, the 'd' shell command displays 16-bit words, not bytes.

0
gvarndell (209)
3/10/2005 11:52:47 AM
You stand little chance of figuring this out using vxWorks shell
commands.
Do you have a Wind River ICE or Probe?
If not, you need to get one or the other and use it to help you through
this.
It really is too complex to debug the way you're going about it.
BTW, the 'd' command, at least the way you're using it, displays 16-bit
words, not bytes.

0
gvarndell (209)
3/10/2005 2:24:54 PM
On 10 Mar 2005, gvarndell@hotmail.com wrote:

> ..., but you stand almost no chance of figuring this stuff out by
> using vxWorks shell commands.  It's too deep for that.  You need
> low-level JTAG debug support for this kind of effort...

I don't necessarily agree.  You do make a good point that the 'd'
command only performs word accesses.  The 'm' command is far better and
punching registers.  After the address, you can specify a width (1,2,4
for byte, 16 and 32 bits).  The unfortunate part is there is no
"write-only" mode.  There are some registers/hardware that require
that you don't read them; well, reading has a side effect of changing
the value.

It is also possible that the registers have some sort of timing
restriction.  If this is the case, I would write a small function to
perform the time critical portion of the setup.

I have done this dozens of time with different hardware.  The total
process might take longer, given a highly proficient JTAG/driver
developer.  However, I find that the

  1) JTAG/BDM devices are rarely used as a percent of development time.
     This creates a demand for good storage of the JTAG/BDM.  I have had
     more than one "disappear".

  2) The JTAG/BDM often need to be upgraded to support a newer device.
     This is often the reason for hunting for the thing.

  3) The JTAG/BDM environment is never the same as regular debugging, so
     you have to go and configure things, often using different tools.

  4) The JTAG/BDM that I have used don't operate with the vxWorks
     kernel.  Ie, you will step through kernel as it handles
     interrupts, etc.  The are good for startup code only.

  5) That money can be spent elsewhere.  A wiggler might be $50, but
     it is generally torture to use.  The quality devices can easily
     run 3-10k and the vxWorks support is often bad.

Ok, that is enough.  I have never used the WRS ICE/probe you
recommend, so maybe many of the issues I have are not relevant.
However, I haven't found hardware where you absolutely *NEED* a
JTAG/BDM/ICE.  They can be helpful.  However, often you need full-time
staff to tend to them; they did this at IBM/Motorola/NT.  Most people
can't afford to do that.

Anyways, it should be possible to use the shell, but the OP is going
about it in the wrong way.  I just figured out how to use an AcroMag
PMC I/O board on an MVE2600.  I did this by using the shell.  Hitting
registers from the shell worked, but not from code.  This is obviously
timing.  I then began to dig and realized that "eieio" and "sync"
instructions are needed.  The datasheet was correct otherwise.  The
code supplied by the vendor was not.  The 'm' command is much better
and you should be aware of registers with read side effects.

fwiw,
Bill Pringlemeir.

--
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

vxWorks FAQ, "http://www.xs4all.nl/~borkhuis/vxworks/vxworks.html"
0
spam_account (239)
3/10/2005 2:46:34 PM
No doubt, there are sw engineers who can bring up new hardware, even
something as complex as a custom 440gx board, using nothing more than
LEDs and a crude, low-level, printf -- and maybe you are one of them.
For someone so talented, getting to the point where enough stuff works
that s/he can start using the vxWorks shell is almost the same as being
finished.
But these 440 SOCs are complex as hell and getting the PCI/-X interface
working for the first time on a custom board is a lot different than
getting a COTS PMC module up on a COTS VME board that already has a
mature, functional BSP.
Does anyone NEED JTAG assistance? Not if your really talented. Not if
your time isn't costing someone money.
But you are absolutley correct in your fifth point -- and the money is
often spent to pay overtime.
One month of even a relatively junior engineer's time costs more than a
Wind River probe.

Instead of posting separately to apologize for the double post, let me
do it now.
Sorry about the double post.
Google seems to be loosing my posts lately and I thought the first one
fell into the bit bucket.

0
gvarndell (209)
3/10/2005 8:35:31 PM
I have the visionICE II JTAG connection on this board.
PPC440gx Rev B
128MRam
64 MFlash
Emacs0,2,3
1 serial
1 FPGA chip
1 Dual port Ram
all is up and running, all memory checks out, except the TI DSP chip on
the pci bus.  I do see the chip is wired strapped as device 0 which,
for bus 0 is the bridge?

I have run the >m 0xDEC00000 , 1 successfully up to 0xDEC0004 which
still fails.
I have run the setup with the JTAG disconnected and booting from
bootrom and not visionICE all with same results.

4 bytes from 0xDEC00000 is the PCI configuration address register
4 bytes from 0xDEC00004 is the PIC configuration data register

The PCI is in conventional mode.  The DSP chip is wired to the PIC bus.

Gary

0
glblock (22)
3/10/2005 8:59:00 PM
Some more info I have .from the PLB0_BESR reg..0xC000000

In the visionICE if i   dml 0xDEC00000 we get teh PLB0_BESR error

master 1 timeout error
master 1 was a read
master 1 bear is locked.

Gary

0
glblock (22)
3/10/2005 9:13:38 PM
On 10 Mar 2005, glblock@rockwellcollins.com wrote:

> 4 bytes from 0xDEC00000 is the PCI configuration address register
> 4 bytes from 0xDEC00004 is the PIC configuration data register

Are you sure that you don't need to write something to these registers
so that the full set becomes available on the device?  I know that
PCMCIA behaves this way for most cards.  If the card doesn't respond
to other address lines because it may conflict with other hardware
sharing the same bus/decoding.  That is part of the "beauty" of plug
and play.  Maybe the BSP has already mapped this.  Are you sure of
that?

fwiw,
Bill Pringlemeir.

--
My cousin  is an agoraphobic homosexual,  which makes it  kind of hard
for him to come out of the closet. - Bill Kelly

vxWorks FAQ, "http://www.xs4all.nl/~borkhuis/vxworks/vxworks.html"
0
spam_account (239)
3/10/2005 11:30:13 PM
On 10 Mar 2005, gvarndell@hotmail.com wrote:

> No doubt, there are sw engineers who can bring up new hardware, even
> something as complex as a custom 440gx board, using nothing more
> than LEDs and a crude, low-level, printf -- and maybe you are one of
> them.  For someone so talented, getting to the point where enough
> stuff works that s/he can start using the vxWorks shell is almost
> the same as being finished.  But these 440 SOCs are complex as hell
> and getting the PCI/-X interface working for the first time on a
> custom board is a lot different than getting a COTS PMC module up on
> a COTS VME board that already has a mature, functional BSP.  Does
> anyone NEED JTAG assistance?

Thanks for such a back handed compliment.  I have done many custom
BSPs.  I guess to each his own.  I have also used many JTAGs and most
are crap, in my opinion.  I would rather have a shell and a logic
analyzer or a DSO.

Many times I created polled mode "boot loader" that would allow some
debugging of the vxWorks startup code.  I didn't realize that the OP
was trying to get the PCI HW functioning while booting.  I would stop
doing that.

It sounds like you are having a bad day or something.  I didn't mean
to start some flame war.  I was hoping that you would tell me that WRS
JTAG was leaps and bounds better than any other JTAG on the planet.
Anyways, I am sure that JTAG can help if you have it.

fwiw,
Bill Pringlemeir.

--
It's Not What You Know That Matters... It's Knowing What You Don't.  -
Hannu Poropudas.

vxWorks FAQ, "http://www.xs4all.nl/~borkhuis/vxworks/vxworks.html"
0
spam_account (239)
3/10/2005 11:40:10 PM
Why are you reading the configuration address register? What are you
trying to accomplish by doing so?
Do you realize that  'dml <addr>' tries to display (and thus reads) a
bunch of words, not just the word at the address you entered?

PCI config reads/writes are done by *writing* a value containing the
bus, device, function, and register offset numbers (and a bit for type
0 or 1) to the configuration address register.
This write should then be followed by a read/write from/to the
configuration data register.

Maybe this excerpt (below) from the gx user manual will help. Pay
attention to the note below. Have you enabled the bridge PCI mastering?
Have you configured the bridge at all? If so, where did you get the
initialization code? Did you get, or are you currently using, the BSPs
I mentioned earlier?

19.5.1.1 CONFIG_ADDRESS Register
This register controls what type of cycle is generated when CONFIG_DATA
is accessed. Its fields are shown in Figure 19-3.
  << the graphic didn't paste, but you have the manual, right?>>
See PCI Specification, Version 2.3 for details about how the fields are
used. Bits 31 to 24 are reserved and
always return a 0 when read. Bit 0 determines whether the configuration
cycle is Type 0 or Type 1.

19.5.1.2 CONFIG_DATA Register
Accesses to CONFIG_DATA cause one of two things to occur depending on
the value of CONFIG_ADDRESS:
=B7 Generate a Type 0 configuration cycle on the PCI bus. This happens
when the Type bit (bit 0) is low. During
the address phase of the configuration cycle, pci_ad[16] is asserted if
the Device Number is 0,
pci_ad[17] is asserted if the Device Number is 1, pci_ad[18] is
asserted if the Device Number is 2, and so
forth. pci_ad[16] through pci_ad[31] are all low if the device number
is 16 through 31.
=B7 Generate a Type 1 Configuration Cycle on the PCI bus. This happens
when the Type bit (bit 1) is high.

NOTE: The PLB-PCIX Bridge will not respond as a PLB slave to accesses
to the CONFIG_DATA register if
the PCI Master Enable bit in the PCI command register is zero because
accesses to the CONFIG_DATA register
require the PLB-PCIX Bridge to become a PCI master.

0
gvarndell (209)
3/11/2005 11:57:03 AM
I wasn't trying to compliment or flame you -- back handed or otherwise.
Sorry you took it that way. You enaged me in debate and I debated back.
I had a great day yesterday.

0
gvarndell (209)
3/11/2005 12:00:34 PM
Answers to your questions:
Yes I have the 440gx manual and have read, an read, it. Obviously I
must be missing something.

 I am running pciAutoCfg and it crashes when tring to query bus 0
device 1 function 0.

I was hoping that with the   >m 0xdec00004 , 1       call I could at
least see if one byte could be read.

I double checked all my #defines and found the PCIX0_CMD[PME] bit was
being set to 0 and not 1 in the bridge configuration, all the other bit
defines seem ok.  Changing this keeps my problem at the same location
the only difference is the call now never returns.  I dont get the
memory timeout error but it never returns...arg!.. It is a Type 0
cycle.  I am hoping that the PCI is not waiting for an answer, it would
seem the auto config should be very fast.  The template is based on the
WRS /  ocotea PPC440 code , we just have a few HW changes and this DSP
chip..The pciAutoCfg is WRS code recommended to configure the PIC bus.
I was hoping it would find the DSP chip.

0
glblock (22)
3/11/2005 1:42:49 PM
Hhhmmm, I'm about at the end of what I can do here.
Are you using an external arbiter? If not, double check internal
arbiter settings.
What about PCI clocking? I suppose the bridge might hang if there's no
PCI clock.
Check for applicable errata. Try to get a PCI bus analyzer. Or a
hardware person armed with a logic analyzer.

0
gvarndell (209)

Some design issues on changing from PCI->PCI-Express?
Hi, we search for the fastest way to make our board PCI-Express capable. Up to now we use a Freescale 56301 DSP with integrated PCI bridge. We don't stick to that particular IC so much, because of RoHS. But it would be nice if we could reuse the code. We have mainly two ideas: - use another DSP that is RoHS compliant and some IC that converts PCI-Express (this would be good because of the code reusage, but which interface would be inbetween the DSP and the PCIe Bridge?) or - use a FPGA that includes the functionality of the DSP and a PCI-Express implementation. So my question: 1.) which...

PCI 6115 with DAQ toolbox
Hi all, Is there any way to disable the low-pass filter in PCI-6115 measurement card (or any) using the data acquisition toolbox? Thx Joonas ...

Is it possible to update PCI 2.1 to PCI 2.2 by updating BIOS?
Dear all, Currently my motherboard only supports PCI 2.1. Is it possible to update PCI 2.1 to PCI 2.2 by updating BIOS? Thanks a million, Adrian You'll need to go to your Mobo manufacturer's web site for that one. -- Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service -------------------------------------------------------- "Lee" <yxl4444@louisiana.edu> wrote in message news:5c3c88bc.0406170712.14db4bb2@posting.google.com... > Dear all, > > Currently my motherboard only supports PCI 2.1. Is it possible to > update PCI 2.1 to PCI 2.2 by updating BIOS? > > Thanks...

Looking for an USB PCI Card for my Ultra 10
I'm in desperate need of two USB ports for my Solaris 8 server. I heard that Belkin PCI Host Adapter cards might work best. Can anybody confirm that http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Product_Id=103992 works on my machine ? Or does anybody know a cheaper solution because the cheapest price i found is US$ 44 + 29 (shipping) which is more then i paid for the Ultra 10 itself. Do Belkins newer USB 2.0 versions work on Sparc Solaris 8 ? In article <1142418050.943391.153380@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "llothar" <llothar@web.de> wrot...

[p,pci]=mle(...) yields complex pci
Hi, I am using the matlab mle function with a custom pdf and cdf, without censoring and customized statset, mainly to set a correct DerivStep. [p,pci]=mle(...) yields a pci which has a imaginary component. What am I doing wrong? (Could it be that the found Jacobian is invalid?) Regards Alexander Kemp Alexander Kemp: <SNIP <mle> conundrum... > [p,pci]=mle(...) > yields a pci which has a imaginary component... it would be helpful if you could expand the ominous <...> us The ominous <...> contains a series development after Physical Reviev B, Volume 51,...

gtk-config not found
I installed gtk+2-2.2.2 for 11.23 IPF from HP-UX porting center. But I could not locate the gtk-config file in /usr/local . Is this installed in some other location ?? On 15 Mar 2005 17:49:19 -0800 "kgs" <sharmikg@gmail.com> wrote: > I installed gtk+2-2.2.2 for 11.23 IPF from HP-UX porting center. > But I could not locate the gtk-config file in /usr/local . > > Is this installed in some other location ?? No, gtk+2 dropped gtk-config in favor of pkg-config --modversion gtk+-2 only 1.2.x had that/ ...

OSGi BaseAdaptor doesn't take any note of config.ini
Hi newsgroup, I have a little problem intializing a Equinox OSGi Framework from within a non-OSGi application. I tried playing around with FrameworkAdaptor m_adaptor = new BaseAdaptor(args); //args passed on from main(args) OSGi m_osgi = new OSGi(m_adaptor); BundleContext m_context = m_osgi.getBundleContext(); and lateron starting it using m_osgi.launch(). But this seems to be ignoring my config.ini file which is located in configuration folder. I played around with some runtime options but I haven't figured out how I can instantiate an OSGi framework based on my config.ini. If I start ...

US-TX-Austin: Applications Eng., 8+yrs exp., PCI protocols; Contract to Hire (45338532413)
US-TX-Austin: Applications Eng., 8+yrs exp., PCI protocols; Contract to Hire (45338532413) ========================================================================================== Position: Applications Eng. Reference: SMC01916 Location: Austin TX Duration: Contract to Hire Skills: 8-10yrs exp, with knowledge of current and future server platforms. Knowledge of advanced PCI protocols. Fiber Channel experience. Scope: Will Serve as the primary technical interface between customers/partners...

PCI related documents
I would like to know more about configuring PCI.Could you suggest some documents which would help me.I would like to know details regarding configuration read and write and the mechanism used to configure PCI using the configuration space. Ayon kay jpvarkey@gmail.com: > I would like to know more about configuring PCI.Could you suggest some > documents which would help me.I would like to know details regarding > configuration read and write and the mechanism used to configure PCI > using the configuration space. hi, config read/write: those are trasactions initiated by the bus ma...

How to start up xterm and sourcing a config file?
Is it possible to start up an xterm and get it to source a config file? I thought it'd be like: xterm -e source ~/config/init. But it didn't work. Obviously that wasn't the right way to do it. Could anyone please suggest the right way to do it? Thanks! /Why Tea 2008-05-16, 01:16(-07), Why Tea: > Is it possible to start up an xterm and get it to source a config > file? > > I thought it'd be like: xterm -e source ~/config/init. But it didn't > work. Obviously that wasn't the right way to do it. Could anyone > please suggest the right way to do it? Tha...

real time windows target advantech PCI 1711 analog output problem
Hi, I have got a strange problem with Advantech card (PCI 1711). The problem occurs in real time windows target. I use analog output block in my simulink model and I set the initial and final values but when I connect to target the values are different than they ough to be. During the real time execution of the model it is also a problem because these voltage values are all the time wrong. I found that the problem was in the output range. It is set to 0-5V but is doesnt work as if it was 0-5V. I know that because if I set this range manually (outside matlab) before I start connecting to targe...

DVI/PCI graphics card needed
I'm looking for a graphics card with the following properties: * Has DVI output * PCI (not PCIe) * Not so much power consumption (power supply for my Dell L800r is only 145W) I want the card to sharpen the appearance of text on my Samsung 940BX LCD monitor. I don't need it for fancy things like gaming. Any suggestions? (I'm quite willing to buy an old card off of Ebay, etc.) TIA, S On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 07:04:34 -0400, sinister wrote: > I'm looking for a graphics card with the following properties: * Has DVI > output > * PCI (not PCIe) > * Not so much powe...

Pci-e, pci-x, or pci Low Profile E-sata card out there?
Anyone know of any e-sata pci-x or pci or pcie cards out there.. (was hoping for one with two external ports too.. now i'm really reaching here)... I cant seem to find any, that is.. any Low profile type.. I have a rack mount server which only takes low profile cards.. I need a way to externalize two harddrives (hot swapable). I have the removable bays in my server case, but I believe the drives themself need to be hot swap capable for me to be able to just pull those drawers out and back in.. which at 500gb each, they arent. Thanks Previously markm75 <markm75c@msn.com...

PCI: system does not support PCI.
I need to use a PCI card but my system does not recognize the PCI bus. I use Slackware v10 with kernel 2.4.16; I can only use this version of kernel because I also use RTAI and LTT. GCC is 2.95.3 With kernel 2.4.16 the messages at startup are: PCI Bios revision 2.10 entry at 0xfdb01, last bus=2 PCI: system does not support PCI When I try to mount my moule, system say that there is no device. OK, in my system I have also another kernel mounted, version 2.4.22 so I try it and.....IT FUNCTION!! I've tried to compare the kernel configuration and it seems to be very simil...

PCI SCSI Card on A4000
Hello :) Anyone knows if it is possible to use an Adaptec PCI U160 card on my (obviously PCI-Busboarded) A4000? Alternatively, how about a good ol' Adaptec 2940? -- Torquemada. "Everything is possible if you wish hard enough." James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan ...

US-TX-Austin: RTL Design/Verification Eng., 3+yrs exp protocols PCI; Contract to (45338257602)
US-TX-Austin: RTL Design/Verification Eng., 3+yrs exp protocols PCI; Contract to (45338257602) ============================================================================================== Position: RTL Design/Verification Eng Reference: SMC01913 Location: Austin TX Duration: Contract to Hire Skills: Strong background in RTL design and/or verification 3+yrs exp with current and future network protocols such as PCI-x or PCI-express, and fiber channel knowledge Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eur...

Grand Theft Auto For Linux !!!!!!!!!
Well almost....... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxAMVhLNVX0&feature=player_embedded#at=38 Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! Here is what Grand Theft Auto looks like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QShKNIe8oGA And that's a beta version! Linux tries to copy once again and once again Linux fails..... -- flatfish+++ Please visit our hall of Linux idiots. http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/ Watching Linux Fail: http://limuxwatch.blogspot.com/ Desktop Linux: The Dream Is Dead "By the time Microsoft released the Windows 7 beta in January 2009, Linux had clea...

US-TX-Austin: DBA., Tuning/config/programming, SQL Server; Perm (45291932402)
US-TX-Austin: DBA., Tuning/config/programming, SQL Server; Perm (45291932402) ============================================================================= Position: DBA (SQL) Reference: SMC01160 Location: Austin TX Duration: Perm Skills: 3-5 years relevant experience required. Must be proficient in SQL/Server database administration, and the Internet. Must be experienced in fine tuning/optimizing SQL Database performance. Experience writing SQL statements a plus. Good verbal and written communication ...

PCI or PCI-X cards in PCI Express slots
Do the new G5s with PCI Express accept PCI or PCI-X cards? I don't know if I will be able to use my old cards (adaptec 29160 and Sonnet Allegro FW800) Thanks for your guidance Galerada wrote: > Do the new G5s with PCI Express accept PCI or PCI-X cards? I don't know > if I will be able to use my old cards (adaptec 29160 and Sonnet Allegro > FW800) No, they are not compatible. dale -- dstanbro@spam.o.matic.bigpond.net.au Thanks for the info, Dale. In article <MrNoSpam-E6DC27.06472922102005@news-server.bigpond.net.au>, Dale Stanbrough <MrNoSpam@bigpoop.net...

I2C Bus and PCI-DIO-96
i want to use PCI-DIO-96 to communicate with one i2c instrument by i2c bus. Anybody has sameple vi for that? Or give me some concept that how to programm with LV or CVI? Thanks a lot ! Duplicate Link: http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RPAGEID=137&HOID=506500000005000000345A0100&HTHREAD=000088628&UCATEGORY_0=_31_%24_12_&UCATEGORY_S=0 ...

How to Auto-Document Access 2003?
Hi, I have an Access 2003 application which I have to enhance. The former programmer isn't available any more. Does anybody know a good tool which documents Access 2003 applications? Steven There is a built-in documenter under: Tools | Analyze | Documenter There is a better documenter here: http://home.bendbroadband.com/conradsystems/accessjunkie/csdtools.html If it is the table structure and relations you want to document, there is a new utility here that enhances the relationships report by adding field info: http://allenbrowne.com/AppRelReport.html -- Allen Brown...

Auto insurance quote
auto insurance quote .. .. .. .. Were you looking for "auto insurance quote"? You've already found the best site! Visit link below! ******************************************** http://www.00usa.net/?p=auto+insurance+quote ******************************************** .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. http://cnn.com ________________________________________________ ________________________________________________ uto insurance quote ato insurance quote auo insurance quote aut insurance quote auto nsurance quote auto isur...

Continuous sampling sync between PCI-6601 and PCI-6251
Hi, first post here. So I have a current data acquisition setup already working well using a PCI-6251 card.&nbsp; I am using the ai/sampleclock as the source for all of the digital input, and counter input sample clocks.&nbsp; I've got the timing set up as continuous samples, sample rate 1000 to 10000 adjustable, and I'm getting great data with the setup.&nbsp; Now I want to add another card, the PCI-6601 to have access to four more counters.&nbsp; I want to use the same continuous samples setup, and use the same sample clock between the devices (6251 ai sample clock)....

Getting value of last auto-number
I am trying to use jet/access to store my data but I need some feedback from the database. I have a table that has an auto-number as a primary-key, so when I insert a post into the table the ID is automatically generated, but my problem is that I need to get this value, in MS-SQL I could do a @@identity so get it, but is there a way in jet/access? If not then I could always use another table as id-reference, and keep store values in there like 'insert into tblref (Name, Value) values ('tblCustomers', 1)', then do a select and update with value+1, but then I would need to lock...

Firewall with PCI ADSL Card
Hello, Has anyone ever used an internal ADSL modem ? If so, then maybe someone can help me : I know one can do a firewall[ing bridge] with 2 "normal" network cards on a linux box. But is it possible when one interface is an ADSL PCI card ? ('coz it's pppoe getting out of the ADSL card and it seems like Netfilter doesn't see it, as pppd manages ppp trafic) The goal is to put everything in ONE box instead of modem + fw. Thanks Coutancais wrote: > Hello, > > Has anyone ever used an internal ADSL modem ? > If so, then maybe someone can ...