Polling an GT64260 Ethernet Device

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I am looking for some ideas on polling an Ethernet Device under VxWorks
5.4.  I currently have a task that is implementing polling the GT64260
Ethernet Device by calling a deriviate of the ISR version of the
interrupt receive and the END poll receive routine.  I am ultimately
trying to interact with the END driver to poll the packets from the
Ethernet device so that they get moved up to the MUX so that the
registered network protocols bound to the MUX receive the packets.  I
can not use interrupts for this processing.  Any examples in this area
would be appreciated even if they are not for the GT64260 Ethernet
device.

0
Reply rsdavis (5) 6/26/2006 1:57:19 PM

See related articles to this posting
comp.os.vxworks 5888 articles. 5 followers. Post

Ethernet Polling vs Broadcasting on an Embedded device
Hello guys, I have asked to design a test system for an Ethernet enabled weather station. At this point, these weather stations are nothing but 2 PCs running Linux on it and they constantly read weather related information through some sensors. Eventually they will be replaced with a miniature embedded Linux device (yet to be designed!). I have worked extensively with 1/2 duplex RS485 networks where we poll a device and then send an acknowledgment to the device. I am not too sure what is the best way to handle an Ethernet enabled devices. The hardware engineers have agreed to change the Firm...

Ethernet Device
I'm considering what kind of project I'd like to do for my next year in college. I have an idea for creating a network host device that will work on an Ethernet LAN. Obviously, my device would need some sort of Network Interface Card in it. Thinking about it for about 10 seconds tho, I realised that it might be a *very* complicated job to create a Network Interface Card, considering things like having to implement Carrier Sense Multi- Access/Collission Detection. Not that I'm one to shy away from a big job, but I plan on having this project done within a year :-P ...

Ethernet I/O device
I hadn't noticed this before. http://www.winfordeng.com/products/eth32.php It's a bit pricey but might come in handy for the solder-challenged. ...

Ethernet echo device
Hello! I'm an administrator of rather distributed network and I would like to have opportunity to ping last-to-client device to see if the link is up and the fault is at client's computer or cable. I would like to ask, if there's something like 'ethernet echo dongle' - a small device to be plugged into Eth equipment (hub, switch, whatever) and being able to be pinged from network. I know I may plug for example a dummy D-link router (~100$ at my place) but perhaps there's something smaller and cheaper. Best regards, Pawel Kraszewsk...

Poll on device fd
Hi All, Can we do poll on device fd returned by CreateFile function call? If yes, which is callback method in device driver(on win 2k) for poll ? Tejas select() in Windows is for sockets only. -- Maxim Shatskih, Windows DDK MVP StorageCraft Corporation maxim@storagecraft.com http://www.storagecraft.com "Tejas" <tejas.sumant@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1109591206.421081.122550@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > Can we do poll on device fd returned by CreateFile function call? > If yes, which is callback method in device ...

[poll] what kind of devices do you own?
From the «plus one typewriter and two dictaphones» department: Title: Poll: You Mainly Use Desktops & Laptops Author: Christine Hall Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 13:44:05 -0400 Link: http://fossforce.com/2014/03/poll-you-mainly-use-desktops-laptops/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=poll-you-mainly-use-desktops-laptops [image 1]It’s hard to remember that it wasn’t that long ago that we only had a couple of choices to meet our computing needs. As recently as 2007, the year before Obama was elected, someone looking for a new computer basically could choose betw...

Adding ethernet device driver
Hi, I added Realteck 81x59 ethernet card to my pc. And also i added the driver. The problem is while iam doing communication betn linux and vxworks system using udp protocal i can,t send or receive messages. It is giving as HOST UNREACHble. These two systems are directly connected using ethernet cable. How to check in the target shell whether the driver is added properly added are or not? Thanks in advance vijay Can you ping the vxworks system? Does any communication between the systems work, or is just UDP behaving badly? What type of cable is connected between the two systems? ...

How do I communicate with 3 Ethernet devices
I am new to using ethernet and I need help writting a LabVIEW vi to communicate with 3 Omega devices. I need to open a connection to all 3 at the same time and read data from each. I am able to communicate with them individually&nbsp;using the TCP/IP vis (see attached vi) but I don't know how to communicate with all 3 at the same time. Can anyone help?&nbsp; Bert Omega DPi8.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/231367/1/Omega DPi8.vi Hello BertYou can simply replicate your code (copy and paste) so as to open multiple TCP/IP sessions to all three instruments as the same tim...

How to poll multiple devices in kernel ?
Hello everybody, I'm a beginner in driver and module programming, and I need some help: I designed a driver that need to listen at multiple devices (network device, serial device, USB device) for incoming data. Once received, that data should be accessible to user space through the "read" function. That's why I cannot use the poll/select functions from user space. My first idea is to make a kernel thread for EACH device that do a blocking read. When data comes, read returns and fills a global buffer (protected with mutexes). Do you think it is a good idea? S...