Polling an GT64260 Ethernet Device

I am looking for some ideas on polling an Ethernet Device under VxWorks
5.4.  I currently have a task that is implementing polling the GT64260
Ethernet Device by calling a deriviate of the ISR version of the
interrupt receive and the END poll receive routine.  I am ultimately
trying to interact with the END driver to poll the packets from the
Ethernet device so that they get moved up to the MUX so that the
registered network protocols bound to the MUX receive the packets.  I
can not use interrupts for this processing.  Any examples in this area
would be appreciated even if they are not for the GT64260 Ethernet
device.

0
rsdavis (5)
6/26/2006 1:57:19 PM
comp.os.vxworks 5932 articles. 6 followers. motamedi24 (67) is leader. Post Follow

US-TX-Austin: Win Device Driver Developer, 8+yrs exp. , 5+yrs. Win Device Driver (45335757610)
US-TX-Austin: Win Device Driver Developer, 8+yrs exp. , 5+yrs. Win Device Driver (45335757610) ============================================================================================== Position: Win Device Driver Developer Reference: SMC01793 Location: Austin TX Duration: Perm Skills: BSCE or BSEE and 8+ years 5+ yrs. Windows driver dev. experience. Audio and C++ driver dev. experience. Good understanding/experience with Windows WDM Can work well independently Can "hit the ground...

Polling
Hello all, I am doing a project that requires me to know when a certain control of my VI is changed by user. Unfortunately I only have LabView 6.0 which does not have Events, so I have to use polling. Does anyone here know of a good web tutorial and/or examples that I can look up? Thanks, Srdjan ...

Get TWENTY (20) GIGABYTES free cloud space: no strings, no spam, no ads. Best free cloud service out there! Works with all OS and devices.
Get TWENTY (20) GIGABYTES free cloud space: no strings, no spam, no ads. Best free cloud service out there! Works with all OS and devices. 1. Register at https://copy.com/?r=6CGtMi for bonus GB 2. Complete email verification 3. Install tray app for your OS/device Note: All three steps must be completed before using. ...

Bogus device alert on LaserJet 1300 #2
My LaserJet 1300 alerts me that the cartridge is either counterfeit or not there. It is wrong in both cases. I have had the formatter and contact assembly replaced by an authorized dealer. No help. They tried 5 different cartridges off their shelves. HP sent a replacement. It does the same thing. I re-installed the software. No help. The repair center did not have my cables, so they are not the problem. The printer was not the problem. The software is not the problem. An HP tech called to tell me that the cartridge contacts sometimes get misaligned and need to be pushed to the...

poll.
which in your opinion should i try: 1. terminus 2. eve 3. freelancer 4. jumpgate 5. tachyon 6. windoz mod of elite/frontier (jjeff?) 7. MSDOS privateer1 8. "epic" mod for IW2 9. other... EVE. "MajorFreak" <bdu_majorfreak@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8c6cbb0d.0307040153.7986e402@posting.google.com... > which in your opinion should i try: > > 1. terminus > 2. eve > 3. freelancer > 4. jumpgate > 5. tachyon > 6. windoz mod of elite/frontier (jjeff?) > 7. MSDOS privateer1 > 8. "epic" mod for IW2 &g...

Quick poll: Clumsiness and reaction time
When playing an action or RPG game (say, prince of persia, ultima, drol, karateka, moon patrol, whatever), what is about the amount of time before you make a fatal mistake and when you actually realize it? How long do you normally react to this mistake while the game displays some sort of death sequence? 2 seconds? 5 seconds? Do you run around the room like a beheaded chicken for 30 seconds? what about using other apps -- how long do you go before you make a mistake and when you realize it? Say you accidentally meant to remove line 100 but accidentally typed 10 and pressed Return. Do yo...

[rfc-dist] RFC 5994 on Application of Ethernet Pseudowires to MPLS Transport Networks
A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries. RFC 5994 Title: Application of Ethernet Pseudowires to MPLS Transport Networks Author: S. Bryant, Ed., M. Morrow, G. Swallow, R. Cherukuri, T. Nadeau, N. Harrison, B. Niven-Jenkins Status: Informational Stream: IETF Date: October 2010 Mailbox: stbryant@cisco.com, mmorrow@cisco.com, swallow@cisco...

"could not chown/chmod tty device" at login
Hello, I'm working with Linux/Debian for something like a year now, and really like it. I already installed several servers with it and my own computer and laptops. I was able to solve all my problems with the help of google, until now... When I boot my laptop (a Toshiba M200) I can't login into the console. It gives me the following message (instead of the console-login): could not chown/chmod tty device could not chown/chmod tty device etc. INIT: Id "#" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes ("#" = it gives this m...

Virtex-4 Embedded Tri-Mode Ethernet MAC Wrapper v4.4. 10base-T trouble
I m trying Virtex-4 Embedded Tri-Mode Ethernet MAC Wrapper v4.4. ON tri-mode 1000BASE-T /100BASE-Tx is success on TCP/IP commnunication. BUT 10BASE-T is bad communication. Only one ping send , but many ping or ping reply is continued. Does anyone know this trouble? ...

Suggest me a Voting / Polling tool
Hi All, Can anyone suggest me a voting / polling tool to be used for photo contest. It is fine if I link out to their site. I want to upload all the photos, and allow visitors to vote ONE TIME only. I think this would be a part of the tool, and also there is some sort of mechanism in place to safeguard as well as possible keeping people from voting more than once. Thanks in advance. Regards, Suresh P ...

Ethernet Link Detection from application
How to Detect the Ethernet link up/down from program? regards raghu ...

Can I synch to desktop w/ same user name on 2 devices?
I have a m515 and am considering a T-E or T-C. The 515 is tired but not dead. Can I synch to a new device and import all my old contacts, calendar data, etc. and continue to synch with the old device too? The below Palm url tells me how to set up new device does not reveal (to me) if I can use both devices "at the same time." The wisdom of your experiences will be appreciated. C. http://205.141.210.166/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=17,E=0000000000012347303,K=946,Sxi=4,useTemplate=Case.tem,CASE=23356 On 21 Aug 2004 09:48:40 -0700, Cliff had this to say... > I ...

aplication to receive both ethernet|IP|UDP and ethernet|ppp|IP|UDP over socket
Hello Everyone I am working on a ADSL modem and have the following situation that I would like to have some advice one. My ADSL modem runs on Monta Vista Linux and comes in 2 models; Bridge and a Router and my question concerns the Bridge. To monitor the status of the ADSL modem we have an application(host application) running on a PC/MAC that requests data of the modems status from a control application that runs on the ADSL modem. When the host application sends out a request it is in the form of a broadcast using IP/UDP packet based upon a UDP socket setup. Now my problem is when the ADS...

[POLL] Should Lionel be put in charge of Moderation Policy for this newsgroup?
[POLL] Should Lionel be put in charge of Moderation Policy for this newsgroup? [ ] Yes [ ] No [ ] Who cares "Orville Wright" <orville_wright_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e657eea7.0406222146.174f7ecb@posting.google.com... > [POLL] Should Lionel be put in charge of Moderation Policy for this newsgroup? > > [ ] Yes > [ ] No > [ ] Who cares *hey!* why not!? he's got as much fun lovin troll in his bones as any of us huh George? "Orville Wright" <orville_wright_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e657eea7.0406222146.174f...

Monthly Poll results
nobody participated! because !everyone in thi!!s group is a crap cons!olist or a !pc game pirate!! Or maybe it was just because the poll was absolutely retarded. Either way JMoney "JMoney" <yeahright@noway.com> wrote in message news:da1m1k01b62@enews1.newsguy.com... > nobody participated! because !everyone in thi!!s group is a crap > cons!olist or a !pc game pirate!! > > Or maybe it was just because the poll was absolutely retarded. > > Either way > > JMoney It's not the end of the month yet either.. "JMoney" <yeahright@n...

Driver for my wireless network device
Hi there. I am completely new to linux and I want to try to use it as a development platform for FPGAs and microcontrollers. I am dependent of getting on line with my PC. In my house I have a wireless LAN, and I have a PCI card from dlink.com called DWL 520+. dlink does not develop linux drivers for this card but there are some who does. At the homepages of dlink I can find link to open source drivers for among others this DWL 520+ The opensources homepage is here: http://acx100.sourceforge.net/ If we click on "download" and then on one of tree "here"s we might end up...

USB Interrupt polling problem #2
Hello, I' am a new WDM developer. I want to develop a USB driver for a motion-control device. This driver uses interrupt polling to get the status and data from the device. For implementing this I use theUzIsbIntTransfer.cpp (sample file) delivered by Driverworks from Compuware. In my device code I initialize the endpoint and the interrupt transfer by calling m_StatusEp1In.Initialize(m_Lower, 0x81); and m_StatusTransfer.Initialize(&m_Lower,&m_StatusEp1In); in the constructor function. m_StatusTransfer is defined as follows in the device class: KUsbInt...

Alternate path for device drivers
Greetings: I am new to Solaris and I am porting a device driver. My problem is that when it fails (bugs in conversion code) it renders the system unusable / unbootable. Is there any method that can be used to specify an alternate path when loading a device driver so that it does not have to reside in the '/usr/kernel/drv' and therefore is not loaded a boot time. I have tried using 'add_drv' but although it says this feature will be discontinued in the future it still does not load the driver. Regards, Robert Blue Steel Technology <elsid@crbn.com> wrote: > &...

Deleting a Device from Find My iPhone
I had a new MacBook Air that had to be returned for some issue it had about 10 days after I got it. I had added it to the Find My iPhone app. My new MacBook Air is fine and it too has been added to Find My iPhone. How do I delete the first MacBook Air so that it doesn't show up under my list of devices that are in Find My iPhone? My MBP Air is running 10.7.5. -- Deja Moo: I've seen this bullshit before. Please respond to: scasse@invalid.net replacing invalid with sonic. Otto Pylot <otto@bogus.address.com> wrote: > I had a new MacBook Air that had to be returned...

OPTIMAL LOCATION OF FACTS DEVICES
I would like to do project on OPTIMAL LOCATION OF FACTS DEVICES BY USING MODIFIED PSO TECHNIQUE.So,could any one send me the matlab code for this. Thanking you. even i want the same..plz help me if anyone has matlab code for optimal location of facts devices using pso ...

747 GPS Devices 74761
======================================= Get A GPS Today At A Low Price!! http://www.GPSTakesYou.com ======================================= GPS Devices www.gpstakesyou.com ======================================= 2X[k \p\)Q\]wCIm @4n& ...

Wiznet W5200 Ethernet is not detected by PC...
I am working on an embedded device which uses MSP430 series controller. The device support Ethernet connection using Wiznet w5200 IC which has inbuilt TCP stack. I am facing an issue with network cable detection. In my windows 7 PC if i plug the ethernet cable which is connected to my deive (w5200) it is able to detect. But in other PC which has some other ethernet controller or driver it is either not detected or sometimes take 10-15 seconds to detect presence of the cable. Could it be a problem of firmware (As per my understanding it is a physical layer problem). We have used ...

Transaction Bracketing
Hi All, Did you realize that "transaction bracketing" has been available on platforms like D3 for nearly a decade now, as well as transaction logging - one would assume plenty of time to "do something". I'm wondering how many people out there HAVE done something (ie: upgraded their applications with commit/rollback, or their file definitions for logging) to take advantage of these "new" innovations - and if not, why not ? Most of my customers are pretty small. The thought of having to roll back to last night's file-save is not terribly daunti...

Re: Poll What kind of articles would we like to see?
> I'm making an effort to post an article or two in the morning while I drink my > coffee Thank you, you're keeping the group alive. > I Often Dislike: political articles on tech sites (I hated the new /. section) I like the YRO type of politics. Although a lot of the stories on /. were too USian, Usenet is more international. > celebrity gossip about tech leads Me neither > deep programming stuff Sometimes this is interesting, like the thread about Reactive Programming. regards ~tdk -- View this thread at http://squte.com/node/4691#comment-10744...

Separate 10/100 Ethernet for V1280 System Controller and operator equipment ?
Is it good practice or just plain paranoia on our part if we consider setting up a separate 10/100 Ethernet to interconnect our computer operator equipment (Mac/Unixbox/PC) and a couple of SunFire servers ? I couldn't find much information on this issue at docs.sun.com (but I'm sure someone (Tony?) can provide the URL within... ummm... a few minutes). Are there any DOS issues, are local firewalling techniques (Sunscreen ?) applicable to the LOM Ethernet port ? TIA, Eric. ...