Regaring Application size in VxWorks

Hi,

I am new user to VxWorks. I am using gcc-ppc604gnu compiler to build
my my application in Tornado2.2.

I have three static libs which are already built in gcc-ppc604gnu
compiler. I want to my application size should be such that it will
contain only those functions which it is using.

I am giving some details how I am giving options:

In the "rules" tab, in target prompt, I am giving as "test.out". In
dependencies prompt, "projectname.a".

In commands prompt, I am giving like below :
$(LD) -r -o $@ --whole-archive $< --no-whole-archive -LC:\test\libs -
ltest.

After generation of test.out, the size of test.out is so big say it as
1.2MB. But, I need to make it 600KB to load into board.

I heard that --gc-sections can be used for reducing size but "-r" and
"--gc-sections" are not working together...

Can anybody please tell me options to be given for reducing size?

Regards
Satish.

0
satish.lvr (42)
5/24/2007 12:49:47 PM
comp.os.vxworks 5943 articles. 0 followers. motamedi24 (67) is leader. Post Follow

Similar artilces about - Regaring Application size in VxWorks:

Timeout timers in an application
How can I implement a timeout timer in an application such that it wouldn't be subject to a time-of-day clock adjustment? My current implementation uses time(), etc., but since they are based on the time-of-day clock, my code breaks if the system clock is set or adjusted while a timeout is pending. Drivers have access to jiffies (essentially clock tics), and that is exactly what I need. Can I get access to jiffies or equivalent in a user application, or is there another bullet-proof solution for user space applications? Thanks, Ed "Ed J" <jed@pr...

US-MI-Troy: DATABASE ADMINISTRATION, Strong Oracle Application DBA to assist wit (45356414403)
US-MI-Troy: DATABASE ADMINISTRATION, Strong Oracle Application DBA to assist wit (45356414403) ============================================================================================== Position: DATABASE ADMINISTRATION Reference: MLS00022 Location: Troy MI Duration: Skills: Strong Oracle Application DBA to assist with database design and SQL tuning. Scope: Write stored procedures, design database objects, technical design documentation, security, db views, sql tuning, scripting Please send your curren...

FileNotFoundException in Rational Robot .NET application performance testing #3
Hi, I am trying to record a VU scripts for my application which is developing in .NET, has WinForm client to access WebServices. I am using API recording option. After the application is loaded and I click the Login button, .NET throw an exception "System.IO.FileNotFoundException...". Looks like it needs some tempory assemblies. Any knows how to solve this problem? Thanks, Bruce ...

best application framework for developing web application
hi i am a newbi to python and developing a web application what do u all think is the best application framework for developing web application in python. I want a framework that supports templates,database connectivity, is available for both unix and windows ,and ofcourse is easy to learn. Zope Quixote Draco or others | aj said | > hi > i am a newbi to python and developing a web application what do u all > think is the best application framework for developing web application in > python. I want a framework that supports templates,database connectivity, > is available for b...

Open ACCESS Application thru C# Application on windows 7
Hi all, Some background: we have a windows application (c#) that locate in the system try. that simple application is a basically shortcuts manger for other application and messaging between the workers. one of the application is an Access 2007 application (connected to sqlserver) - the client works with ACCESS Runtime 2007 (latest version) THE problem is that we can not launch the Access application correctly from the C# application. THE problem is only on windows 7 (we don't have vista) - [on XP OS everything works fine) "correctly" - meaning that the Access...

Bioinformatics and Medical Informatics program in San Diego Accepting Applications
Ever wondered what it takes to discover a new drug, or to understand the underlying mechanism of a disease? It takes chemistry and biology, but it also takes computer science. The complexity of biological systems and vast amounts of data that new technologies produce require computer know-how. Today there is an acute need for graduates with just such a multidisciplinary background, both in academia and in industry. In industry, this need expands beyond biotechnology, pharmaceutical and health care sectors, and is felt in such areas as homeland security and information technology. ...

Framework of ANN application
Currently I'm doing a paper about ANN. And I want to have a simple framework with simple built-in NN application in it to compare / show the performance of different approach of NN. My questions are: 1. Is it wise to do such thing and is it doable? 2. Are there any free code NN applications that actually work and can be copied? Of course I'll put the author name on my paper Thanks a lot beforehand. Ina I would recommend weka (http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/ml/weka/) which has a lot of stuff about machine learning available and in what concerns anns it is relatively easy to use (in Java...

Can Only Print from Some CDE Applications #2
I am using Solaris 9 (sparc) and have an HP LaserJet 2100 TN that I print to over a home network. I can print to it from the console using lpr with no problem. However, in CDE I can print from only some applications: Yes --- Calendar Image Viewer Netscape No -- Address Manger Help Viewer Mailer Man Page Viewer Text Editor In all cases (even when nothing prints out), after selecting the 'Print...' option from the 'File' menu, 'laserjet' is shown as the destination printer, and when I click 'OK' in all cases a dialog box pops up with: 'request id is lase...

Porting an application from windows to linux
Help!!! My team is porting a fairly sizable app from windows to linux. The main things have to deal with is several devices( mass storage mainly, tapes, and disk arrays), networking, some threading issues, and replacing COM with CORBA. To make matters worse our linux knowledge is limited. Wine, WineX, Mono and the like are not an option. Anyone ever done anything like this, or have any good ideas? So far we are aware of some of the generals, WINSOCK is a dirty subset of the standard berkly sockets, WindowsThreads to be replaced by POSIX threads, but the we are looking fo...

Faster backups
Hi, I am backing up raw devices to a local LTO3 tape drive using the following command: /bin/dd bs=1024k if=SOMERAWDEVICE | /usr/local/bin/lzop -c | /usr/local/ssl/bin/openssl rc4 -e -pass file:somefile | dd bs=1024k of=/dev/rmt/1 I want to speed up the backup- right now backing up 670GB+/- takes close to 6.5 hours. Any ideas on how to speed up the process? believe the pipe buffer size is hurting performance but I don't know of any way to change the size of the buffer. The machine is a Sun Fire V250 running Solaris 8. Thank you in advance for any suggestions. Yonah "Yonah Ru...

[rfc-dist] RFC 4536 on The application/smil and application/smil+xml Media Types
A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries. RFC 4536 Title: The application/smil and application/smil+xml Media Types Author: P. Hoschka Status: Informational Date: July 2006 Mailbox: ph@w3.org Pages: 8 Characters: 13747 Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None I-D Tag: draft-hoschka-smil-media-type-13.txt URL: http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4536.txt This document specifies the media type for ve...

Time Zone application after strptime?
It's taken me a couple of hours to give up on strptime with %Z for recognizing time zones... but that still leaves me in the wrong zone: def paypal_to_mysql_date(ppDate): # a typical paypal date is 10:29:52 Feb 29, 2008 PST date_parts = ppDate.split() withouttz = " ".join(date_parts[:-1]) # eventually we need to apply the timezone timezone = date_parts[-1] dt = datetime.strptime(withouttz, "%H:%M:%S %b %d, %Y") return dt.strftime("%Y-%m-%d %H:%M") How can I use the "PST" (or any other time zone name) to adjust dt by t...

Mutatorkammer Application
Hi all, i just wanted you to inform about a project i am currently working on using wxWidgets, due to all the help i got from you by now, i am happy to show you a working beta of the program MUTATORKAMMER, a complex number/vector evaluator wich paints 2d textures, these can be recombined and evolved into something new, here is a download link for you http://download.verpicktewg.de/?filename=fractalmovies/Mutatorkammer_Beta1.zip it has only small documentation, and is not tested on many systems by now, i would be pleased if you could check it out, and tell me what you think about ...

SOAP or RMI interface for Java Client Application
Right now we are planning to move to J2EE and worndering we have client application developed by JAVA should go directly conecting with EJB or through web service(SOAP). I think for java client application since we can communicate through objects we should use the RMI instead of Soap. What do you think? SK ...

first kdevelop KDE/Qt application
I am trying to get the tutorial for the "Simple KDE Application" at http://women.kde.org/articles/tutorials/kdevelop3/creating.html to add a UI in the step "Using Qt Designer" with a simple button. I can create the KDE application OK and see "Hello World" after running the various Build steps. The issue seems to be that even though I can create the Widget, I cannot get the button to display after I run those various Build steps. I have tried both creating the application, running Build steps, then adding the widget and running the Build steps again, and doing bot...

Designing presentation-tier for occasionally connected applications.
Architects, We are in the process of developing a web-based app that needs to be functional when the user is on the road where the Internet connection to the server is not available. There are 3 basic requirements: 1. Must be web-based, not a fat client app. 2. The UI for the offline mode and on-line should be identical. 3. In the off-line mode some basic functionality to enter data (fill forms) should be available, that do not need to be reentered when the connectivity is available. Can some one think of a solution on how one would design this app. To me disconnect from the network mean...

US-TX-Austin: Application Developer, Formal application dev. experience;15mo. (45387222973)
US-TX-Austin: Application Developer, Formal application dev. experience;15mo. (45387222973) =========================================================================================== Position: Application Developer Reference: NJF00082 Location: Austin TX Duration: 15mo. Skills: Formal application development experience Possess a strong understanding of application development lifecycle principles and methodologies. Ability to work with Application Architect and Business Analyst to confirm and substantia...

To find Application path
I'm working in Mac mini. trying to find the correct path of an application that i have created. I used FSSpec() function to find the Application Path produce an error code -35 ie. volume not found . How i can pass the parameters to the above function. Ie. volume reference number , directory ID and the Application name. Anyone know the idea help me Thanks in Advance ASHKAR * posted via http://www.mymac.ws * please report abuse to http://xinbox.com/mymac In article <u1147671665@aknode.invalid>, askar.v@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (ASHKAR) wrote: > I'm ...

US-TX-Austin: .NET Application Consultant, UML, XML, Biztalk, ASP.Net, ADO.Net; (45321549573)
US-TX-Austin: .NET Application Consultant, UML, XML, Biztalk, ASP.Net, ADO.Net; (45321549573) ============================================================================================= Position: .NET Application Consulta Reference: SMC01689 Location: Austin TX Duration: C-P Skills: Experienced in OOAD utilizing UML � must have the ability to visually specify and communicate application requirements, architecture and functionality using UML. Detailed design documents at an abstract and concrete level will be required...

Problem: Stored Procedures not completing from Web Application
I have several stored procedures that run fine from my SQL Server database (via the exec command.), though when I call these procedures from my web application, they do not complete. I have other procedures that in fact do run fine through my web application though, so I do not believe its a front-end problem. The procedures only take about 30 seconds to run from the back-end, so I know its not a time out issue as well. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance. "Mike J" <mjewett_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1a9d60fa.0404261152.322ed838@posting.google.com... ...

Web Application Firewall market
Hi there, I am looking for a good overview of the products on the market for application firewalls. Some googling learned me that there are several products on the market, but I'd like to find some articles with tests, comparisons, books or interesting articles concerning (web) application firewalls... Any help/info is welcome! Jo. ...

Maven
I have standard maven directory structure for my modular java project: doss-client/ doss-client/doss-client-common/ - common module for application doss-client/doss-client-watchdog/ - some other modules doss-client/doss-client-showtime/ - ... doss-client/doss-client-update/ - ... Each module again has standard maven dir structure: /src /target .... My final app directory structure should be like this: /etc/doss/ - all config files (config.xml, ...) /opt/doss/ - application binaries, ... /var/log/ - log files (doss.log, ...) /tmp/doss/ - temp files As you c...

Frame Size in C language split in OS Pages
Hi All, Can a frame in C language be split in 2 pages and also range over multiple OS Pages in Linux. Thanks Pallav Singh On Sat, 8 Feb 2014 22:00:15 -0800 (PST), pallav singh <singh.pallav@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >Can a frame in C language be split in 2 pages and also range over multiple OS Pages in Linux. What's a "frame" in C? Do you mean a stack frame, aka an activation record? The sure, but on typical Linux systems, the compiler will have to insert stack probes if a given activation record is bigger than the page size. GCC wi...

Web Access applications testing
Hi guys, Does any one know any tools that can help to write/program an atomated tests to test "Web Access" aplications? The Web Access contains inside the html's java applets, javascript. Hi Ziki, Try having a look at something called HTTPUnit. It's a Java API for testing web pages. Mark ziki wrote: > Hi guys, > Does any one know any tools that can help to write/program an atomated > tests to test "Web Access" aplications? The Web Access contains inside > the html's java applets, javascript. You may wish to consider employing the eValid su...

Expanding the size of a .exe file
Hi, I'm updating a old game, its a 16 bit program. What I need is more breathing room in the .exe to add new code and wondered if it is possible to add more room to it, maybe adding a few segments and being able to access those segments from within the existing program. On Jun 25, 11:13 am, Displacer <asl...@the.switch> wrote: > Hi, I'm updating a old game, its a 16 bit program. What I need is more > breathing room in the .exe to add new code and wondered if it is > possible to add more room to it, maybe adding a few segments and being > able to access those ...