Tornado 2.2.1/GCC 2.96 #2

vxWorks 5.5.1/Tornado 2.2.1 is shipped with GCC 2.96.   GCC 2.96 is
_very_ old.  The question.  Short of purchasing/ugrading to the latest
version of Tornado ( which I believe is shipped with GCC 3.3.4 ), has
anyone tried upgrading the GCC binarys.  If so what was the prognosis?

0
forums_mp (110)
7/12/2006 1:15:21 AM
comp.os.vxworks 5962 articles. 4 followers. motamedi24 (67) is leader. Post Follow

forums_mp@hotmail.com wrote:
> vxWorks 5.5.1/Tornado 2.2.1 is shipped with GCC 2.96.   GCC 2.96 is
> _very_ old.  The question.  Short of purchasing/ugrading to the latest
> version of Tornado ( which I believe is shipped with GCC 3.3.4 ), has
> anyone tried upgrading the GCC binarys.  If so what was the prognosis?

Not to mention that according to the GNU project, gcc 2.96 doesn't
exist.  The last "official" 2.9x compiler was 2.95.
0
no.spam9 (2339)
7/12/2006 4:02:49 PM
> Not to mention that according to the GNU project, gcc 2.96 doesn't
> exist.  The last "official" 2.9x compiler was 2.95.

red floyd, I suspect you've perhaps felt my pain?  numeric_limits is
non-existent, template support is _VERY_ poor ..  I could go on but in
the interest of time, I'm tempted to abandon ship.  Swith to a new
RTOS.  Trouble is, we've already shelled out lots of dough on this.
I'm tempted to upgrade the gcc binarys but I'm afraid of the
consequences.

0
forums_mp (110)
7/12/2006 5:01:15 PM
forums_mp@hotmail.com wrote:
>> Not to mention that according to the GNU project, gcc 2.96 doesn't
>> exist.  The last "official" 2.9x compiler was 2.95.
>
> red floyd, I suspect you've perhaps felt my pain?  numeric_limits is
> non-existent, template support is _VERY_ poor ..  I could go on but in
> the interest of time, I'm tempted to abandon ship.  Swith to a new
> RTOS.  Trouble is, we've already shelled out lots of dough on this.
> I'm tempted to upgrade the gcc binarys but I'm afraid of the
> consequences.

I wouldn't do that unless you have a full source license to all VxWorks
and BSP code.  3.x and 2.9x are not binary compatible.
0
no.spam9 (2339)
7/12/2006 6:40:48 PM
red floyd wrote:

> I wouldn't do that unless you have a full source license to all VxWorks
> and BSP code.  3.x and 2.9x are not binary compatible.
Crud!!  Thanks for the tip.

A couple more questions for you - if I may.
Observation 1:
   Environment 1:  Tornado 2.2.1/VxWorks 5.5.1/GCC 2.96 ( 2.96 is what
WindRiver claims at least ).  COTS board - Champ AVIII ( 1000 Mhz Power
PC).
   Environment 2:  Intel Xeon 3.2 Ghz / 2 GiB RAM.   MSVC .NET 2005

Is it me or am I correct in stating that we'll never get the same
performance when dealing with file i/o

template <typename T >
void my_read_function (
    std::vector < std::complex < T >&  ret ,
    std::ifstream&   in_file,
    std::ios::off_type    from,
    unsigned int          size_desired,
    std::ios::seekdir&      direction = std::ios::beg
  )
{
  try {
    // seek to a certain position .. i.e from parameter.
    // extract size_desired from - from to size_desired
    // store in vector ret.
  }
  catch ( ... )
  {}
}

Compartively:  Environment 1 ( with -02 optimization ) is slow.
Environment 2 with 02 optimiation is 'lightening fast'.

My thoughts on this are two fold:
1.  Quality of implementation issue.  You really can't compare GCC 2.96
with MSVC .NET 2005.  PJ Plaguer has done an excellent job on the
latter.
2.  Communication between the environment and the host - if memory
serves could be a factor.

Your thoughts?

0
forums_mp (110)
7/12/2006 9:04:57 PM
forums_mp@hotmail.com wrote:
> red floyd wrote:
>
>> I wouldn't do that unless you have a full source license to all VxWorks
>> and BSP code.  3.x and 2.9x are not binary compatible.
> Crud!!  Thanks for the tip.
>
> A couple more questions for you - if I may.
> Observation 1:
>    Environment 1:  Tornado 2.2.1/VxWorks 5.5.1/GCC 2.96 ( 2.96 is what
> WindRiver claims at least ).  COTS board - Champ AVIII ( 1000 Mhz Power
> PC).
>    Environment 2:  Intel Xeon 3.2 Ghz / 2 GiB RAM.   MSVC .NET 2005
>
> Is it me or am I correct in stating that we'll never get the same
> performance when dealing with file i/o
 >
> [redacted]
>
> Compartively:  Environment 1 ( with -02 optimization ) is slow.
> Environment 2 with 02 optimiation is 'lightening fast'.
>
> My thoughts on this are two fold:
> 1.  Quality of implementation issue.  You really can't compare GCC 2.96
> with MSVC .NET 2005.  PJ Plaguer has done an excellent job on the
> latter.
> 2.  Communication between the environment and the host - if memory
> serves could be a factor.
>
> Your thoughts?

Your 1 is probably correct it's a QOI issue.  My only answer is the one
we give over on comp.lang.c++ when people ask about speed: benchmark,
Benchmark, BENCHMARK!!!!!

Depends on what your I/O channel is as well.  Anything else, you're
probably better off asking WindRiver (sorry :()
0
no.spam9 (2339)
7/13/2006 6:59:47 PM
red floyd wrote:
> forums_mp@hotmail.com wrote:
>
>> red floyd wrote:
>>
>>> I wouldn't do that unless you have a full source license to all VxWorks
>>> and BSP code.  3.x and 2.9x are not binary compatible.
>>
>> Crud!!  Thanks for the tip.
>>
>> A couple more questions for you - if I may.
>> Observation 1:
>>    Environment 1:  Tornado 2.2.1/VxWorks 5.5.1/GCC 2.96 ( 2.96 is what
>> WindRiver claims at least ).  COTS board - Champ AVIII ( 1000 Mhz Power
>> PC).
>>    Environment 2:  Intel Xeon 3.2 Ghz / 2 GiB RAM.   MSVC .NET 2005
>>
>> Is it me or am I correct in stating that we'll never get the same
>> performance when dealing with file i/o
>
>  >

>> [redacted]
>>
>> Compartively:  Environment 1 ( with -02 optimization ) is slow.
>> Environment 2 with 02 optimiation is 'lightening fast'.
>>
>> My thoughts on this are two fold:
>> 1.  Quality of implementation issue.  You really can't compare GCC 2.96
>> with MSVC .NET 2005.  PJ Plaguer has done an excellent job on the
>> latter.
>> 2.  Communication between the environment and the host - if memory
>> serves could be a factor.
>> Your thoughts?

If memory serves could be a factor? Of course it is a factor unless you
are dealing with a local disk on that champ board. If you are comparing
IO from an embedded board across a network back to a disk on some remote
machine to local disk access on the PC you are so far away from a fair
comparison that it is almost not worth even thinking about.

In fact (though probably not true) GCC could be 100x better than msvc
..net and it would not matter one bit of the file server software on the
host was implemented poorly.

So, lets step back a minute and rather than try to compare IO in some
program in a vague way and ask what exactly are you getting for numbers
v.s. what you want.

Then, start comparing what you want to what you should be able to
expect. (based on speed of network between the target and the actual IO
device). Then you can start thinking about things like what protocol you
are using for the transfer (e.g. NFS, FTP, other). Then you might start
thinking about ways of tuning the setup in some manner.
0
jeff1026 (301)
7/13/2006 11:25:20 PM
Jeffrey Creem wrote:
> red floyd wrote:
> > forums_mp@hotmail.com wrote:
> >

> If memory serves could be a factor? Of course it is a factor unless you
> are dealing with a local disk on that champ board.

> If you are comparing
> IO from an embedded board across a network back to a disk on some remote
> machine to local disk access on the PC you are so far away from a fair
> comparison that it is almost not worth even thinking about.
While I'm not vxWorks savvy I'll check into all this but don't believe
so.

> In fact (though probably not true) GCC could be 100x better than msvc
> .net
"Could be 100x better than MSVC.NET".  You said it.  'probably not
true'.  None of that is grounded in reality and far from true.  We're
talking really _old_and_antiquited_ GCC 2.96  here.

0
forums_mp (110)
7/16/2006 12:59:15 AM
forums_mp@hotmail.com wrote:
> Jeffrey Creem wrote:

>>If you are comparing
>>IO from an embedded board across a network back to a disk on some remote
>>machine to local disk access on the PC you are so far away from a fair
>>comparison that it is almost not worth even thinking about.
>
> While I'm not vxWorks savvy I'll check into all this but don't believe
> so.
>

>>In fact (though probably not true) GCC could be 100x better than msvc
>>.net
>
> "Could be 100x better than MSVC.NET".  You said it.  'probably not
> true'.  None of that is grounded in reality and far from true.  We're
> talking really _old_and_antiquited_ GCC 2.96  here.

The point I was trying to make (and apparently failed a bit) was that
when benchmarking IO, the quality of the compiler is almost always a
secondary effect. All other things being equal, one can certainly see
differences in run-time libraries, compiler code, etc but when things
are this unequal and when looking at IO differences, the first place to
look is to understand the likely bottlenecks in the IO channels.

You may in fact find that some of the differences here are due to the
compiler. It just seems that given the different environments, you
really need to understand the other factors first. Oncve you rule those
out (or factor them in) you can start looking at other factors like
compilers and libraries.

Even if the disk is local on your embedded board, what is the interface.
What is the max theoretical speed of that interface compare to the max
theoretical speed of the comparison machine.

Then, what is the max theoretical speed of the disk on that machine v.s.
ths disk on the comparison machine.

While it is rare to get a setup that runs at the max theoretical speed,
at least it can tell you something.
0
jeff1026 (301)

Tornado 2.2.1/gcc 2.96
I'm trying to determine if there's a way to take advantage of the vxWorks OS while compiling with a newer version of gcc. Tornado 2.2.1 ships with gcc 2.96 and that compiler is beyond old and is non-compliant to the 14882 C++ standard. I'm told that by WindRiver that the only solutoin is to upgrade to the latest 'stuff - Workbench ( I believe is what's is called ) which ships with - if memory serves gcc 3.3.1. This I'm sure will cost money, hence the question. Any ideas on how to upgrade the current compiler? We have Tornado on PC but never got the correspondi...

2 * 2 * 2 * 2 or pow(2, 4)?
Hi , I hope this isn't too trivial to ask, but I'm evaluating a polynomial that involve lots of terms like x^2y^2z^3, and although I can use the power function pow(a, b), I wonder if just writing x*x*y*y*z*z*z for example wouldn't be more efficient than pow(x, 2)*pow(y, 2)*pow(z,3). Or is it all the same? Thanks, - Olumide Olumide wrote: > I hope this isn't too trivial to ask, but I'm evaluating a polynomial > that involve lots of terms like x^2y^2z^3, and although I can use the > power function pow(a, b), I wonder if just writing x*x*y*y*z*z*z for > exam...

linspace(2,2,2) returns [2 2] ??
May be the help for linspace should change? It says: "LINSPACE(X1, X2, N) generates N points between X1 and X2." Notice, it says BETWEEN. But when I ask for 2 points, between 2 and 2: ---------------- EDU>> linspace(2,2,2) ans = 2 2 --------------- May be mathematically this is ok? i.e. there are infinite points between the point and itself? (on the real line), but from programming point of view, it is confusing. no? --Nasser Maybe it should say "generates N points between X1 and X2, inclusive." What did you expect to get back as an answer from issuing linspace(2,2,2)? I didn't understand your statement "there are infinite points between the point and itself?" How do you have an infinite number of points between 2 and 2? I can see an infinite number of points between 2 and something that's not itself, like 2.00000000000000001, but if they are absolutely perfectly identical how are you getting an infinite number of points? On 10/10/2010 11:16 AM, Image Analyst wrote: > Maybe it should say "generates N points between X1 and X2, inclusive." > > What did you expect to get back as an answer from issuing linspace(2,2,2)? > I was just not expecting it to "work". may be an error message. That is not the point. The point is that it did work. > I didn't understand your statement "there are infinite points between the point and it...

Does 4/2/2= (4/2)/2 =1 OR = 4/(2/2)=4
I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 or 4/2/2 = 4/(2/2) = 4 On 9/11/2012 9:43 AM, sarah.englander@gmail.com wrote: > I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. > > Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 yes. At a given precedence level (and obviously two of the same operators are the same level) evaluation proceeds from LtoR. ....snip... <http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_prog/f0-40063.html#f0-38155> -- dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <k2njh1$jes$1@speranza.aioe.org>... > On 9/11/2012 9:43 AM, sarah.englander@gmail.com wrote: > > I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. > > > > Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 > > yes. At a given precedence level (and obviously two of the same > operators are the same level) evaluation proceeds from LtoR. > > ...snip... > > <http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_prog/f0-40063.html#f0-38155> > > -- There are a few thing you need to understand: 1. You need to get matlab in order to translate the simple code 2. You should define your parameters as in what is the expected output of your search based on the equations used: Is it : a) 4/2/2 b) (4/2/2) On 9/11/2012 11:13 PM, Salvinder wrote: .. > There are a few thing you need to understand: > 1. ...

Printing 2^1, 2^2, 2^3, 2^4 and 2^5
Hi, When I use a while loop, the output is: 2 4 8 16 32, as desired: <?php $c=1; while($c<=5) { $d = newpow(2, $c); print "$d "; $c++; } function newpow($base, $power) { // statements... } ?> The But when I use a for loop, the output is: 64: <?php for($c=1; $c<=5; $c++); { $d = newpow(2, $c); print "$d "; } function newpow($base, $power) { // statements... } ?> Why is this?? Many thanks, Michael mejpark wrote: > When I use a while loop, the output is: 2 4 8 16 32, as desired: [...] > The But when I use a for loop, the output is: 64: > > <?php > > for($c=1; $c<=5; $c++); Here your loop ended right at the ; After the loop comes this: > { > $d = newpow(2, $c); > print "$d "; > } Heiko -- http://portal.richler.de/ Namensportal zu Richler http://www.richler.de/ Heiko Richler: Computer - Know How! http://www.richler.info/ private Homepage On 18 Mar, 11:02, Heiko Richler <heiko-rich...@nefkom.net> wrote: > mejpark wrote: > > When I use a while loop, the output is: 2 4 8 16 32, as desired: > [...] > > The But when I use a for loop, the output is: 64: > > > <?php > > > for($c=1; $c<=5; $c++); > > Here your loop ended right at the ; > > After the loop comes this: > > > { > > $d = newpow(2, $c); > > print "$d "; > > } > > Heiko > > --http://portal.richler.d...

LaTex equation numbering like 2.1, 2.2, also 2.0.1, 2.0,2, 2.1.1, etc
David Roach wrote: > Is there a simple command to have latex number > the equations by the section numbers automatically. > > David From the LaTeX Companion (what a wonderful book!) %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% % number equations within sections % In preamble \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{section} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% Numbers within sections...I use this all the time in articles. Even works with ******************* ******************* Brilliant. And then I got numbering within subsections by repeating and editing (not replacing), so I now have:- (Just after the documentClass command) \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{section} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} \makeatletter \@addtoreset{equation}{subsection} \makeatother \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesubsection.\arabic{equation}} Bob Bob Marlow schrieb: > David Roach wrote: > >> Is there a simple command to have latex number >> the equations by the section numbers automatically. >> >> David > > From the LaTeX Companion (what a wonderful book!) > > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% > > % number equations within sections > % In preamble > > \makeatletter > \@addtoreset{equation}{section} > \makeatother > \renewcommand{\theequation}{\thesection.\arabic{equation}} > > %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% [more code] > Hi! I th...

PS/2 and OS/2 #2
Hi ! This is, finally, *in topic* ;-) I've got too many "off topic" warnings ;-) I've got a working copy of OS/2 warp 4 (thank you, guys !). In the doc is said that minimum requirement is Pentium 100. I can put it in my 8595-ONG with TurboChip only :-( Do you have a table that summarizes PS/2 models, the OS/2 version that can be installed and sys requirements ? In other word, for example, which version can be installed on a Model 80-386 ? What is the minimum ram ? Do you ever tried OS/2 2.1 for windows ? I found a copy that was distributed with a PC magazine (CD + 2 boot floppies) On Aug 25, 7:00 am, supervinx <superv...@libero.it> wrote: > I've got a working copy of OS/2 warp 4 (thank you, guys !). > In the doc is said that minimum requirement is Pentium 100. > I can put it in my 8595-ONG with TurboChip only :-( You can run Warp 4 in "lesser" machines, I ran the original release of Warp 4 on a 9590-DLG (50MHz 80486 with 16MB of RAM) quite successfully for a long time. The Convenience Packs (re-releases with FixPaks integrated) may have increased the minimum system requirements. > Do you have a table that summarizes PS/2 models, the OS/2 version that > can be installed and sys requirements ? > In other word, for example, which version can be installed on a Model > 80-386 ? What is the minimum ram ? I wouldn't bother with anything less than OS/2 Warp Connect (which is Warp 3 plu...

mmuPpcBatInitMPC74x5 vxworks 5.5.1 and Tornado 2.2.2 problem
Hi guys, I have a problem with my Tornado installation and upgrade. The latest patch from my board (A Randstone PPC604 one) requires Tornado 2.2.2 with VxWorks 5.5.2. The patch is 2.6 (the latest service pack is 11) Scenario: win2k development platform (clean, no Tornado instalation) First of all, I install Tornado 2.2 from the installation CD's. No BSP is installed. Then, I install the CP1 patch in order to raise the version to 2.2.1 Now, I install the CP2 patch to raise the version to 2.2.2 Then I install my BSP software (2.6) for my board. All works fine. I can create a kernel, a...

VIBE 2.2 #2
About: Visual Information Broker Enterprise (VIBE) is an IDE that enables application developers to automate the design and development of infrastructure components for complex distributed cross-platform, cross-language systems applications. You can define messages and generate infrastructure support code for the IBM MQ information bus, Sybase, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and other JDBC compliant databases, XML with transformations that use tools like XSL, and J2EE. It also includes a fully functional Business Rules engine, along with a graphical programming environment. Changes: This relea...

OTM 2.2 #2
Hi all Just installed OTM on a cust pc (Win XP) Got a problem that when using the system terminal to access Meridian Mail, I am unable to exit from mail as the Cntrl ] function is not recognised. Now is this a problem with OTM or with the customers PC? Thanks Solved it. The term type was set to VT100 and not VT220 ...

ANN: Releases 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 of TclWS (Web Services for Tcl)
Announcing releases 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 of TclWS (Web Services for Tcl). They are available at http://core.tcl.tk/tclws -- +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ | Gerald W. Lester, President, KNG Consulting LLC | | Email: Gerald.Lester@kng-consulting.net | +------------------------------------------------------------------------+ ...

2 + 2 =
2 + 2 = 4. Period. The above was posted as a test. I am seeing if people in csma will start to debate the accuracy of my claims. After all, in base 3, there is no symbol "4". I am sure others can come up with ways to show I am wrong. Then, when I explain how 2 + 2 really is equal to 4, even in other bases or whatever other silliness is presented, I will be told that I am changing my claim. Someone will even go so far as to say that since I admit there is no "4" in base 3, that my argument has been refuted, and I should no longer state that 2 + 2 = 4. This has only been a test. Snit wrote: > 2 + 2 ...

2 or not 2
is this a question! http://members.iinet.net.au/~moussa/Image029.jpg Should I? the in house auction is tomorrow :-/ Moussa -- The information contained in this post is copyright of the poster, and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com Il Wed, 09 Sep 2009 16:13:08 +0800, Cheers ha scritto: > is this a question! > > http://members.iinet.net.au/~moussa/Image029.jpg > > Should I? the in house auction is tomorrow :-/ > > Moussa I don't know it but it's BIG ! Do you have free space ? How much, do you think, it will cost ? Could be a nice addiction, but let's listen to someone else... On Sep 9, 4:13 am, Cheers <moussa...@hotmail.com> wrote: > http://members.iinet.net.au/~moussa/Image029.jpg Personally, I'm not that fond of Sun equipment, so I haven't paid that much attention to their offerings. My guess is that the rack is a storage array, and it appears to be on the old side, so it's likely that the total storage capacity in the array could be met or exceeded by one large SATA drive (both 1.5TB and 2.0TB 3.5-inch drives are currently available) -- at much lower noise and power levels. Of course, if you already had one of these bad boys and were just looking for an inexpensive source of spare parts, I'd say go for it. Rick Ekblaw Hi Moussa ! > is this a question! > > http://members.iinet.net.au/~moussa/Image029.jp...

The ordered Tornado 2.2 tools (2 CD) contain VxWorks OS already, right?
Thank a lot, Adrian On 9 Nov 2004 08:57:47 -0800, Lee <adrianlee_l@hotmail.com> wrote: > Thank a lot, You are welcome. What does the seller say? ...

Migration of OS/2 1.30 to OS/2 2.0 or newer
Hi all, what is the chance to upgrade an OS/2 1.30-system with LAN manager (ethernet with plain NetBIOS), a C-written frontend and a Sybase-SQL-server 1.1 to a newer OS/2-version? The system is installed on a FAT-drive, print-jobs are created by the C-frontend for LaserJet-printers and send directly to the LPT-port or a shared LPT-port on a print-server and several OS/2 1.3-clients access the database also via the C-frontend. I would perfer using WarpServer 4 based on Warp 3, or even just Warp 3 Connect/Warp 4 (without LVM, JFS etc., so WSeB, ACP, MCP or eCS are not an option) the whole infrastructure may not be needed anymore because only one person still works with the system! What could be show-stoppers to care about? Thanks a lot for any answer! -- To Answer please replace "invalid" with "de" ! Zum Antworten bitte "invalid" durch "de" ersetzen ! Chau y hasta luego, Thorolf Thorolf Godawa wrote: > Hi all, > > what is the chance to upgrade an OS/2 1.30-system with LAN manager > (ethernet with plain NetBIOS), a C-written frontend and a > Sybase-SQL-server 1.1 to a newer OS/2-version? > > The system is installed on a FAT-drive, print-jobs are created by the > C-frontend for LaserJet-printers and send directly to the LPT-port or a > shared LPT-port on a print-server and several OS/2 1.3-clients access > the database also via the C-frontend. > > I would perfer using WarpServer ...

[1 1 1 1 1 ;2 2 2 2 2 ;3 3 3 3 3 3;....;n n n n n]
Hi, Anybody knows how to create this matrix but without using any loops? a=[1 1 1 1 1 ;2 2 2 2 2 ;3 3 3 3 3 ;.......;n n n n n ] Thank you. Hana. Hana wrote: > Hi, > Anybody knows how to create this matrix but without using any loops? > a=[1 1 1 1 1 ;2 2 2 2 2 ;3 3 3 3 3 ;.......;n n n n n ] HELP REPMAT - Randy Hana wrote: > > > Hi, > Anybody knows how to create this matrix but without using any > loops? > a=[1 1 1 1 1 ;2 2 2 2 2 ;3 3 3 3 3 ;.......;n n n n n ] > > Thank you. > Hana. Hope this isn't homework. >> repmat([1:n]'...

How to integrate gcc 3.4.4 to Tornado 2.2.1 for VxWorks 5.5.1
Hi, all. Did anybody tried to integrate the gcc 3.4.4 to Tornado 2.2.1, whose native compiler is gcc 2.96 ? I know that the gcc 3.4.4 is delivered as part of Workbench IDE with VxWorks 6.x and generally it is supported by WindRiver. If you tried and, hopefully, succeeded to integrate the compiler, please outline the procedure or, alternatively, point me to a resource explaining this issue. If you tried and not succeeded, please give me an indication - whether, in your opinion, it is possible at all. We have an application written under VxWorks 5.5.1 with Tornado 2.2.1 and now we trying to e...

Upgrade of Xalan 1.2.2 and Xerces 1.4.4 to Xalan 2.6 and Xerces 2.6.2
I've been tasked with upgrading the JVM from 1.3 to 1.4, and the third party libraries used by my company on our existing Java framework. I'm most worried about any problems that may occur due to upgrading Xalan and Xerces as our framework performs much XML transformation and processing. Does anyone have a link to known issues with such an upgrade (besides the Xalan / Xerces sites) ? Or has anyone done such an upgrade and can share their pearls of wisdom? Thanks Chris ...

OSK 2.0, 2.2 and 2.3
Does anyone here have any of the versions named in the subject? I am unravelling 68K Basic I-Code, and I need to compare 2.0, 2.2 and 2.3 modules with 2.1 and 2.4 modules. There are differences between 2.1 and 2.4, and I want to know how many other differences there are between versions. Thanks in advance. Wayne Campbell ...

AIX + GCC 2.95.3 - Python (2.1 or 2.2) - building the shared library (.so) for python
Hi all, (If I use standard -shared linking, during the _import python is crashing.) As seen in in AIX-NOTES there should be used ld_so_aix. But I suspect that it was prepared for standard xlC (CC) compiler. How to make it running for GCC compiler? Now I receive following error: gcc -Wl,-einitlib.a -Wl,-bE:lib.a.exp -Wl,-bI:./python.exp -Wl,-bhalt:4 -Wl,-bM: SRE -Wl,-T512 -Wl,-H512 -lm -o lib.a. -shared -Wl,-bbigtoc -L../../../../lib/pow erpc_aix_4.3_gcc -L/users/tbech/ND/Python/usr/local/lib/python2.1/config python. exp y.tab.o lex.yy.o idlerr.o idlutil.o idltype.o idlrepoId.o idlscope.o idlexpr ..o idlast.o idlvalidate.o idldump.o idlconfig.o idlfixed.o idlpython.o ld: 0711-418 ERROR: Import or export file lib.a.exp at line 10: A symbol name may only be followed by an export attribute or an address. The line is being ignored. When I remove this line 10 from lib.a.exp it is telling that several Py* functions are not exported and that entry point initlib.a not found. Additional questions: 1. Why is such nonuderstandable-ultimate-tricky solution prepared for AIX? 2. Does it work only for xlC (CC) or also for GCC? If, how to do it? 3. What is the entry point function? How I can find it in the sources? 4. Seems that makexp_aix wrongly makes exports :( Thanks in advance, Tom hab <hab@polbox.com> writes: > (If I use standard -shared linking, during the _import python is crashing.) > As seen in in AIX-NOTES there should be used ld_so_aix...

[wx 2.4.2, GTK+ 1.2, gcc 2.95] wxTextCtrl & Background Colour
I'm having some trouble with setting the background colour of a wxTextCtrl. The issue only occurs when I set the wxTE_MULTILINE style. Basically when the dialog containing the control is shown the background colour of the wxTextCtrl is always white regardless of what I set it to in the dialog's contructor. The 'SetBackgroundColour()' method of the wxTextCtrl returns false, however, 'GetBackgroundColour()' does return the correct colour. Even so the control is still rendered with a white background. I can change the background colour programmatically, after it ...

OS/2 Lan Server V3.0 for sale with OS/2 2.1
http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29296-2357-0?uid=4289490&site=0&ver=LCA080805&item=120067699646&lk=URL ...

how to "(1-3*x^2)/(1-3*x+x^2+2*x^3) => 1/(1-2*x) + x/(1-x-x^2)"?
hi normal(1/(1-2*x) + x/ (1-x-x^2),expanded); 1/(1-2*x) + x/(1-x-x^2) => (1-3*x^2)/(1-3*x+x^2+2*x^3) how to do the reverse? dillogimp@gmail.com writes: > normal(1/(1-2*x) + x/ (1-x-x^2),expanded); > 1/(1-2*x) + x/(1-x-x^2) => (1-3*x^2)/(1-3*x+x^2+2*x^3) > how to do the reverse? convert(%,parfrac,x); -- Joe Riel ...

Tornado 2.2.2 build issues
I'm working on a project in Tornado 2.2.2 and I seem to be experiencing som= e issues with the build command. If I make a change to a file and I click = on the build menu item, nothing happens. I have to rebuild all in order fo= r the build to take place. Has anyone else experienced this? It seems to b= e handful of us at my company that have this problem and we have yet to fin= d a solution. Thanks in advance for your help. On Wednesday, August 15, 2012 12:38:38 PM UTC-5, brian...@gmail.com wrote: > I'm working on a project in Tornado 2.2.2 and I seem to be experienci...

Web resources about - Tornado 2.2.1/GCC 2.96 #2 - comp.os.vxworks

Tornado - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A tornado near Anadarko, Oklahoma . The funnel is the thin tube reaching from the cloud to the ground. The lower part of this tornado is surrounded ...

Argentine 'tornado' Macri woos Obama
Mauricio Macri has made a fast start to his ambitious plans to transform Argentina - but not everybody is happy, says Max Seitz.

​At least 4 hurt in Alabama tornado
CBS News ​At least 4 hurt in Alabama tornado CBS News BIRMINGHAM, Ala. At least four people were injured Tuesday after a tornado left a trail ...

The Latest: Hail, snow, tornado reported in Midwest
DENVER (AP) — The Latest on the spring blizzard that hit the Plains and Midwest (all times local):

After Surviving A Tornado, House Gets Accidentally Destroyed By Wrecking Crew
... do a pretty good job of messing things up all on our own. For example, a homeowner in Texas was relieved when her house was spared from a tornado… ...

More Than 50 Tornadoes Hit the Southeast in February
February was an unusually stormy month across the Southeast, with a record 53 tornadoes touching down across six states, thanks in part to El ...

We May Be On The Verge of Forecasting Tornadoes Weeks In Advance
k Spring is particularly conducive for tornadoes in many parts of the United States. At the time of writing, survey teams were investigating ...

Soda machine shields woman from tornado
Soda machine shields woman from tornado

Dog On Lawnmower Interrupts News Report About Recent Tornado Damage In Texas
... reporting is serious business (and nobody takes it more seriously than me), this is a video from a local news report about the recent tornado ...

Crews in Alabama to Survey Damage From Likely Tornado
CBS News Crews in Alabama to Survey Damage From Likely Tornado ABC News Authorities in Alabama say a team of forecasters will be surveying ...